PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs Tennessee St in Nashville?

El_Chapo
08-09-2022, 04:25 PM
apparently NDSU is having talks.

but screw that, let's play Vanderbilt or U of Tennessee at Titans stadium, who gives a poop about Tenn State.

EP NDSU Fan
08-09-2022, 05:41 PM

but screw that, let's play Vanderbilt or U of Tennessee at Titans stadium, who gives a poop about Tenn State.

Same week that SHSU books a home and home with Colorado State, we get TN State 🤮 Just move the Murray State game to Kroger Field and save the OCC game for someone with a pulse

bisonaudit
08-09-2022, 05:45 PM
It looks like they play most of their home games there anyway. So seems like just a run of the will away game to me as opposed to a deal like Target field where we made an arrangement with a neutral facility with a guarantee and revenue sharing.

HerdBot
08-09-2022, 05:45 PM
Nashville would be fun

Professor Chaos
08-09-2022, 05:51 PM
It looks like they play most of their home games there anyway. So seems like just a run of the will away game to me as opposed to a deal like Target field where we made an arrangement with a neutral facility with a guarantee and revenue sharing.
It's a discussion about a home/home - Fargo in 2024 and Nashville in 2025: https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/ndsu-in-talks-for-potential-football-game-in-nashville-against-tennessee-state

bisonaudit
08-09-2022, 05:54 PM
It's a discussion about a home/home - Fargo in 2024 and Nashville in 2025: https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/ndsu-in-talks-for-potential-football-game-in-nashville-against-tennessee-state

OK. That makes more sense.

tony
08-09-2022, 05:59 PM
Nashville would be fun

Yeah, I'd definitely go to that one if I'm able.

DM05
08-09-2022, 06:31 PM

So can we just send Vanderbilt a letter telling them what day we'll be there, or do they actually have to agree to play us?

roadwarrior
08-09-2022, 06:54 PM
Saw a tweet this morning that South Carolina gave a solid NO for a potential game in 2025. No answer from Utah.

abc123
08-09-2022, 07:31 PM
Saw a tweet this morning that South Carolina gave a solid NO for a potential game in 2025. No answer from Utah.

South Carolina already has all 4 of their OOC games schedule for 2025, so that's not a shocker. They literally have no room for it and all those games have been scheduled since at least early 2021.

Utah does have one OOC spot available, but they also have not decided on a date for their game against BYU so that could be part of the hang-up. Their other OOC games are on the road, so it is more likely that they are looking for an FBS team be fill that final home game spot.

ndsubison1
08-09-2022, 08:04 PM

To be fair need context on this. SC already has filled their 25 schedule. So was the game proposed before the schedule was filled?

NDSU92
08-09-2022, 08:05 PM

Hey a solid no is better than what we’ve been getting. Which is usually 2 rings and a click when they see the caller ID

gumby013
08-09-2022, 08:47 PM
The forum article on this notes a potential future game in Vegas. I am ready for this.

Strommer10
08-09-2022, 09:29 PM
The forum article on this notes a potential future game in Vegas. I am ready for this.

I thought that I read a rumor a while back of a potential Bison/Griz game at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas. I could be way off on that, but that would be a fun FCS destination game to add to the schedule. NDSU would have a FBS game or a "destination" FCS game almost every year for the foreseeable future:
2022 @ Arizona
2023 vs EWU (US Bank Stadium)
2024 @ Colorado
2025 @ Tennessee St. (Nashville/Nissan Stadium)
2027 vs Griz (Las Vegas/Allegiant Stadium)???
2028 @ Oregon

roadwarrior
08-09-2022, 11:28 PM
To be fair need context on this. SC already has filled their 25 schedule. So was the game proposed before the schedule was filled?

Don't know. I think it was in an Izzo tweet. Maybe he had the wrong year.

ndsubison1
08-10-2022, 02:16 AM
Don't know. I think it was in an Izzo tweet. Maybe he had the wrong year.

Possible. We probably wouldnt inquire if it was filled either.

BigHorns
08-10-2022, 01:48 PM
I thought that I read a rumor a while back of a potential Bison/Griz game at the new Raiders stadium in Vegas. I could be way off on that, but that would be a fun FCS destination game to add to the schedule. NDSU would have a FBS game or a "destination" FCS game almost every year for the foreseeable future:
2022 @ Arizona
2023 vs EWU (US Bank Stadium)
2024 @ Colorado
2025 @ Tennessee St. (Nashville/Nissan Stadium)
2027 vs Griz (Las Vegas/Allegiant Stadium)???
2028 @ Oregon

This is looking pretty sweet. Would love to see Bison v Montana at Vegas. That game might get picked up for television.

Kevin
08-10-2022, 02:17 PM
I do not think I would survive a Bison game in Vegas.

But I'm willing to take that risk.

Make it happen, Lakes.

ByeSonBusiness
08-10-2022, 02:38 PM

Lol you'd wanna play Tennessee in Nashville instead of Knoxville? That's Hoople mentality.

Neyland stadium is an iconic venue. What's next? Play Michigan at Ford Field or Notre Dame at Lucas Oil? How about Ohio State in Cleveland?

bisonaudit
08-10-2022, 05:53 PM
Lol you'd wanna play Tennessee in Nashville instead of Knoxville? That's Hoople mentality.

Neyland stadium is an iconic venue. What's next? Play Michigan at Ford Field or Notre Dame at Lucas Oil? How about Ohio State in Cleveland?

I heard there’s a body farm under the field though.

El_Chapo
08-10-2022, 05:56 PM

Nashville is a NDSU town thats why.

mtoutfitter
08-10-2022, 06:03 PM
Did anyone listen to Duputy AD Todd Phelps on Hot Mic yesterday? He made it sound very promising that this game would happen. Also, as far as scheduling, he said South Carolina did indeed have an opening when he contacted them about a possible game and recieved a firm NO. Utah was contacted as well and the reply there was crickets...

ByeSonBusiness
08-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Nashville is a NDSU town thats why.

..........huh

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-10-2022, 07:52 PM

Just no to Tennessee St, I’m tired of these boring opponent destination games. Find the top FCS programs to play us in a cool destination!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
08-10-2022, 07:56 PM

PUSSIES

10char

Kevin
08-10-2022, 08:02 PM
The Gamepussies.

17>1
08-10-2022, 08:20 PM
PUSSIES

10char

Agreed

10char

NDSUKurt
08-10-2022, 08:43 PM
Just no to Tennessee St, I’m tired of these boring opponent destination games. Find the top FCS programs to play us in a cool destination!

This may be the best option left.

Lets look at some facts:

1. The Towson game showed that the Colonial Athletic Association has Flo Sports and not ESPN+ for the media broadcasts of their games. NDSU stated that if they would have known that the game at Towson would not have been on ESPN+, they would have never signed the contract. Therefore, it is reasonable to state that NDSU will most likely not do home and home series with teams from the CAA in the future unless the games are guaranteed to be on ESPN+.

2. Many FCS schools have very small stadiums, and therefore, NDSU may not want to play at an opponent where there will be few(er) NDSU fans because of limited seating opportunities.

3. This game is for 2024 - there may not be than many teams left with the same open week as NDSU.

4. NDSU (most likely) will not do a home and home with teams from the Pioneer League, IVY League (due to the fact that they start their season later than we do), and the Patriot League, so that limits available teams.

5. No matter what people, the NDSU administration DOES ACTUALLY LISTEN TO FANS AND THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS, and this includes the complaints that NDSU plays the same opponents, including out of conference games. Tennessee State will be a new opponent that we have not seen.

6. There are some teams that welcome the opportunity to play NDSU, and NDSU must take advantage of that while they can. It was stated that North Carolina A&T had wanted to play NDSU for a few years before they were able to schedule the current game (which was originally scheduled for 2020 but moved to 2022 because of COVID). There are some HBCU programs/coaches that have been vocal about wanting and expecting that all HBCU football should get better. Deion Sanders at Jackson State and Eddie George at Tennessee State have been the most vocal, as has North Carolina A&T. Some of these teams want to measure themselves up against the best, and I commend them for doing so.

7. There may still be hostility against some FCS teams for their past scheduling actions towards NDSU. (Some at NDSU are still upset with Montana State when they cancelled in 2013 and left us struggling to find a replacement). Also, in 2013, Northern Arizona refused to play us in Arizona (where NDSU would only ask for a payout to cover the transportation costs) because Northern Arizona did not want a loss that could keep them out of the playoffs.

8. There are some newer to FCS programs that may not want to play NDSU yet because a massive loss could stunt their momentum for the move up. (Personally, I would love for NDU to schedule a home and home with Utah Tech in St. George, Utah. The location is great - shorter drive from Vegas, then visit the great sites of southern Utah). This reduces the options as well.

9. Many of the HBCU's have their own "classics" that they play with each other, so that reduces the opportunities to play games with them. This also reduces options for opponents.

MBP
08-11-2022, 02:52 AM
The Gamepussies.

Softcocks!

bruinbison
08-11-2022, 11:12 AM
Tennessee State was 5-6 in Eddie George’s 1st season as Head Coach.
They were 2-5 the previous year. 3-9 in 2019.

Wins last season include Eastern Illinois, Tennessee Tech, Murray State, Austin Peay.
1st game this fall is Eastern Washington, so there is a chance to watch for improvement under George. (SEMO beat them 47-14 last September)
2nd game is against Jackson State in Nashville.

Professor Chaos
08-11-2022, 11:22 AM
Tennessee State was 5-6 in Eddie George’s 1st season as Head Coach.
They were 2-5 the previous year. 3-9 in 2019.

Wins last season include Eastern Illinois, Tennessee Tech, Murray State, Austin Peay.
1st game this fall is Eastern Washington, so there is a chance to watch for improvement under George.
2nd game is against Jackson State in Nashville.
There is some controversy with that Jackson St game (the Heritage Classic)... JSU tried to back out of their contract to play that game before deciding to play it this year after some threats of legal action over breach of contract by the game organizers and is apparently still trying to figure out how to get out of it in 2023 and 2024.

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/02/11/jackson-state-breached-contract-says-southern-heritage-founder/

ndsubison1
08-11-2022, 03:25 PM

Tennessee St is in Nashville and we probably dont have a lot of options of teams wanting a neutral game with NDSU unless they get a lot of $$ out of it.

PlainsBison
08-12-2022, 02:57 AM
I’m wondering why they mentioned the schools by name —Utah and South Carolina. Usually you would not want to do that, but maybe there’s a reason for it.

23Bison
08-12-2022, 01:28 PM
I’m wondering why they mentioned the schools by name —Utah and South Carolina. Usually you would not want to do that, but maybe there’s a reason for it.

I’d say call them all out. Call Oklahoma get a no and then make it public.

El_Chapo
08-12-2022, 01:38 PM
I’d say call them all out. Call Oklahoma get a no and then make it public.

Oklahoma and Florida State did say NO publicly to NDSU a few years ago.

17>1
08-12-2022, 02:42 PM

I wondered the same thing when Dom asked him who it was that said no. I'm sure there's a reason behind mentioning them by name. Probably to put those schools on blast if the only reason they say no is because they wouldn't want to risk losing to us.

Also, I wouldn't mind going to Nashville for a game, I've never been there and heard it's quite the hotspot right now.

WhoRepsTheLurker
08-12-2022, 02:52 PM
It was also unusual to vote "no" on the new MVFC member. I recall Matt Brown being surprised by this.

abc123
08-12-2022, 04:25 PM
Did anyone listen to Duputy AD Todd Phelps on Hot Mic yesterday? He made it sound very promising that this game would happen. Also, as far as scheduling, he said South Carolina did indeed have an opening when he contacted them about a possible game and recieved a firm NO. Utah was contacted as well and the reply there was crickets...

Their 2025 schedule has been full (publicly) since at least April, 2021. If they really did have an opening when he reached out, it is weird to bring up something that would have had to have happened almost a year and a half ago.

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/South-Carolina-Gamecocks-football-2025-schedule-Coastal-Carolina-164449722/
https://fbschedules.com/south-carolina-appalachian-state-schedule-three-game-football-series/
https://hokiesports.com/news/2021/1/8/football-schedlue-virginia-tech-to-face-south-carolina-in-2025-chick-fil-a-kickoff-game.aspx
Plus their annual game with Clemson.

Professor Chaos
08-12-2022, 04:36 PM
It was also unusual to vote "no" on the new MVFC member. I recall Matt Brown being surprised by this.
I still think there was some ulterior motive to this. Bresciani also didn't have to go public with how he voted either yet he did.

Bison Dan
08-12-2022, 07:34 PM
Their 2025 schedule has been full (publicly) since at least April, 2021. If they really did have an opening when he reached out, it is weird to bring up something that would have had to have happened almost a year and a half ago.

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/South-Carolina-Gamecocks-football-2025-schedule-Coastal-Carolina-164449722/
https://fbschedules.com/south-carolina-appalachian-state-schedule-three-game-football-series/
https://hokiesports.com/news/2021/1/8/football-schedlue-virginia-tech-to-face-south-carolina-in-2025-chick-fil-a-kickoff-game.aspx
Plus their annual game with Clemson.

Weird, not like everyone wanting to play und for a sure win.

TAILG8R
08-12-2022, 11:22 PM
I still think there was some ulterior motive to this. Bresciani also didn't have to go public with how he voted either yet he did.Im convinced is was for two main reasons. 1) let the conference and maybe even the rest of the FCS know that NDSU is tired of the bullshit of crappy programs dictating things 2) To let the fanbase that is starting to get restless know that at the very least NDSU is not happy with shitty competition. Which can be read as a veiled admittance that they know the FCS sucks and they want out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-03-2022, 03:07 AM
is Tennessee St better than Tennessee Tech? they are down 56-10 to Kansas lol

El_Chapo
01-18-2023, 04:57 PM
called this last fall... its announced today

NDSUBowler
01-18-2023, 07:24 PM
called this last fall... its announced today

You didn't call shit you turd lol.

You did report there were talks!

El_Chapo
01-18-2023, 08:58 PM
post 1.
it's OK. I'll buy ya a shot at Kid Rock or Mellow Mushroom

daddy daycare
01-18-2023, 09:04 PM
Nashville sounds great wouldn’t let a boring football game get in the way of a fun weekend.

DCinOK
01-18-2023, 10:13 PM
To let the fanbase that is starting to get restless know that at the very least NDSU is not happy with shitty competition. Which can be read as a veiled admittance that they know the FCS sucks and they want out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NDSU's admittance/declaration that the FCS sucks sure would have been more convincing if we hadn't just got curb-stomped by the team that is southwards.

CAS4127
01-18-2023, 11:52 PM
Nashville sounds great wouldn’t let a boring football game get in the way of a fun weekend.

At the rate things are going, we’ll be lucky to have 5K there, and that may not even include me.

As a fairly decent monetary supporter, I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired with what is going on with this program.

HerdBot
01-19-2023, 12:22 AM
At the rate things are going, we’ll be lucky to have 5K there, and that may not even include me.

As a fairly decent monetary supporter, I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired with what is going on with this program.

I'm not going. If we were playing the Volunteers or the Memphis Tigers I would.

Im going to the US Bank Stadium game though

daddy daycare
01-19-2023, 12:29 AM

Yeah this is an easy no chance I agree.

TAILG8R
01-19-2023, 12:32 AM
Yeah this is an easy no chance I agree.

I guess if it wasn’t this game it would probably another meh FCS team as an away game. So the location does make some difference.

That said, I think the administration is over estimating how many fans will travel long distance and create a vacation around a shut opponent be driving 3.5 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
01-19-2023, 12:32 AM

My buddies are discussing going. But that's because Nashville is a really fun town and this is an excuse for us to go.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
01-19-2023, 12:34 AM

As a fairly decent monetary supporter, I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired with what is going on with this program.Yes, nc, COVID, nc, runner up. Blow it up.
How quickly everybody forgets how things were before bohl arrived and the mertens/mohler years.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
01-19-2023, 12:46 AM
Yes, nc, COVID, nc, runner up. Blow it up.
How quickly everybody forgets how things were before bohl arrived and the mertens/mohler years.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Babich 2.0 currently eh. Your schtick is towing the line eh.

Bet those west Fargo kids don't enter teh portal eh.

Rock
01-19-2023, 12:03 PM
Babich 2.0 currently eh. Your schtick is towing the line eh.

Bet those west Fargo kids don't enter teh portal eh.

Bingo. Bango. Bongo.

tony
01-19-2023, 12:34 PM
This sounds like a fun road trip.

Gully
01-19-2023, 12:45 PM
This will be a fun one for me. I'm essentially going to transition to going to the fun/travel games and then piece in from there until / unless there is a big change in the landscape.

El_Chapo
01-19-2023, 12:57 PM
does this get 40,000-50,000 fans?

US BANK game this year was created to show how NDSU has a travelling fanbase.

by 2025 NDSU has to be FBS and this will be a great showcase for our new conference as well.

wish it was vs Vanderbilt or Memphis or Tennessee though..

CAS4127
01-19-2023, 01:10 PM
This will be a fun one for me. I'm essentially going to transition to going to the fun/travel games and then piece in from there until / unless there is a big change in the landscape.

Scheduling all of these non-competitive FCS games way out like this doesn’t fit the landscape change, although the games may end up competitive given our player retention issues, current coaches and current AD, the latter of which won’t likely be around in a few years.

daddy daycare
01-19-2023, 01:26 PM
does this get 40,000-50,000 fans?

US BANK game this year was created to show how NDSU has a travelling fanbase.

by 2025 NDSU has to be FBS and this will be a great showcase for our new conference as well.

wish it was vs Vanderbilt or Memphis or Tennessee though..

40-50k. Hahahahahahaha. 15-20.

CAS4127
01-19-2023, 01:31 PM
40-50k. Hahahahahahaha. 15-20.

Not even close to those numbers by time this game happens.

scottietohottie
01-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Not even close to those numbers by time this game happens.

I don't know if I'll even turn teh TV on eh.

Phil's rants are epic. Best part about it is I think Phil and Tyler can see each other most times just can't hear each other. Makes Phil's rants even better eh.

Hammerhead
01-19-2023, 01:39 PM
My buddies are discussing going. But that's because Nashville is a really fun town and this is an excuse for us to go.

Same here. Mrs. Hammerhead is a country music fan and has always wanted to visit Nashville. I'd rather see Graceland than some bars owned by country singers. Tennessee is one of the few states I haven't visited except for maybe a small portion on a bus trip to a D-II championship game in Alabama.

CAS4127
01-19-2023, 01:50 PM
I don't know if I'll even turn teh TV on eh.

Phil's rants are epic. Best part about it is I think Phil and Tyler can see each other most times just can't hear each other. Makes Phil's rants even better eh.

Plus the Gen x’s and z’s will have all of their credit cards maxed out by then ….. unless they get cc debt forgiveness I guess.

The_Sicatoka
01-19-2023, 01:52 PM
TSU averaged high 20s this season. Toss in "Nashville" and 40+ is in play.

I've been to Lower Broadway a couple times. I'm still not sure I'm old enough to go there. Interesting area.

scottietohottie
01-19-2023, 02:03 PM
Plus the Gen x’s and z’s will have all of their credit cards maxed out by then ….. unless they get cc debt forgiveness I guess.

I don't know what gen I am eh but my credit has never been better eh. Not sure what that has to do with Phil staring Tyler down in teh booth eh.

daddy daycare
01-19-2023, 02:23 PM
TSU averaged high 20s this season. Toss in "Nashville" and 40+ is in play.

I've been to Lower Broadway a couple times. I'm still not sure I'm old enough to go there. Interesting area.

Number seems skewed by a 50K showing against Jacksonville State which is listed as a home game in Memphis. At the NFL stadium:

Bethune: 22K
Eastern Ill: 6200
SEMO: 6300
UT Martin: 2665.

I mean that's disgusting. Perhaps I can't read a box score, which is highly plausible.

Gully
01-19-2023, 02:27 PM
Scheduling all of these non-competitive FCS games way out like this doesn’t fit the landscape change, although the games may end up competitive given our player retention issues, current coaches and current AD, the latter of which won’t likely be around in a few years.

So what would you schedule instead?

The_Sicatoka
01-19-2023, 02:44 PM
Number seems skewed by a 50K showing against Jacksonville State which is listed as a home game in Memphis. At the NFL stadium:

Bethune: 22K
Eastern Ill: 6200
SEMO: 6300
UT Martin: 2665.

I mean that's disgusting. Perhaps I can't read a box score, which is highly plausible.

A BethCook turnout plus the "Nashville" panache and I still think 40k is in play for you guys.

DePereBisonFan
01-19-2023, 02:53 PM

Wow - can you elaborate more on what is going on with the program? I am curious your thoughts and figure you may be more in-the-know than most folks on here.

daddy daycare
01-19-2023, 02:59 PM
A BethCook turnout plus the "Nashville" panache and I still think 40k is in play for you guys.

Oh I’m down with Nashville, just not that football game 😂.

ndsubison1
01-19-2023, 03:22 PM
The downtown bars are walking distance to the stadium. This is going to be a blast.

Gully
01-19-2023, 03:51 PM
Oh I’m down with Nashville, just not that football game ��.

most of the games will be boring anywhere, but at least this one is in Nashvegas baby!! Pump it up!!

The_Sicatoka
01-19-2023, 04:00 PM
The downtown bars are walking distance to the stadium. This is going to be a blast.

North end of Lower Broadway: Bridgestone, home of Predators
South end of Lower Broadway: Nissan, home of Titans

It's a short stagger between the two. (If you've seen Lower Broadway you understand "stagger".)

bstark28
01-19-2023, 08:03 PM
North end of Lower Broadway: Bridgestone, home of Predators
South end of Lower Broadway: Nissan, home of Titans

It's a short stagger between the two. (If you've seen Lower Broadway you understand "stagger".)

We go to Nashville at least two/three times a year....can't beat day-drinking, BBQ, hot chicken, and live country music! Gonna be a blast down there!

imabison
01-19-2023, 08:49 PM

Whoever is in charge needs to see if Tigirlily Gold is in Nashville at the time. They can sing the national anthem and if playing at their normal location NDSU fans can pack Whiskey Row

Minimum8Pete
01-24-2023, 01:52 PM
r we supposed to be happy bout this? bahaha talk bout lipstick on a pig

SDbison
01-24-2023, 02:47 PM
Not a country fan, or a long distance destination game against an FCS opponent. Lucky if 2000 Bison fans are at this game. Can NDSU's Admin just focus on moving to FBS instead of stupid shit like this?

Rixen
01-24-2023, 02:57 PM
Not sure I get all the hate for this game. We have to have nonconference games and if we can't get fun FBS matchups then at least an FCS matchup with a fun destination is a solid plan B. I am sure they are focusing on a FBS path but they can't just mail it in until that happens. Gotta maintain some new and potentially interesting schedules.

SDbison
01-24-2023, 03:06 PM
Not sure I get all the hate for this game. We have to have nonconference games and if we can't get fun FBS matchups then at least an FCS matchup with a fun destination is a solid plan B. I am sure they are focusing on a FBS path but they can't just mail it in until that happens. Gotta maintain some new and potentially interesting schedules.. Because an FCS non conference away game is not interesting to most Bison fans unless you have lots of money and time to throw around. Even then it's not a good game as Tenn St is not a premier FCS team or a rival. What a joke. Destination game? Lol

Rixen
01-24-2023, 03:34 PM
. Because an FCS non conference away game is not interesting to most Bison fans unless you have lots of money and time to throw around. Even then it's not a good game as Tenn St is not a premier FCS team or a rival. What a joke. Destination game? Lol

Ok so what should they do while they wait for an FBS invite to show up? We have the EW game at US bank coming up which seems fun, we have FBS away games when we can get them, and the top teams in the FCS likely don't want to schedule us in the non-conference portion for obvious reasons and ESPECIALLY not in the Fargodome.

Plan A: FBS Away game (Doing a solid job here with the FBS reluctance but seems to be every other year at best)
Plan B: Home and Home series with an FCS blueblood (equally difficult, if not moreso, to get)
Plan C: Rest is garbage to some of you....it is either a pud FCS team in the Fargodome and we just show up for warm weather tailgaiting, or it is a pud FCS away game that costs money to go to so destination doesn't matter.

Some of you are salty on things that I'm not sure we can expect much more. I guess it comes down to thinking the athletic department is genuinely sandbagging and preventing us from going FBS with opportunities out there and if that is the case I guess I don't know where to go with the conversation.

daddy daycare
01-24-2023, 04:33 PM
Not sure I get all the hate for this game. We have to have nonconference games and if we can't get fun FBS matchups then at least an FCS matchup with a fun destination is a solid plan B. I am sure they are focusing on a FBS path but they can't just mail it in until that happens. Gotta maintain some new and potentially interesting schedules.

It's a piggyback off of UND hockey destination games, which by all accounts have been wildy successful. This was met with a collective "thud" from the fan base that's pretty obvious.

Hammerhead
01-24-2023, 04:59 PM
It's a piggyback off of UND hockey destination games, which by all accounts have been wildy successful. This was met with a collective "thud" from the fan base that's pretty obvious.

Since it's very hard to schedule a home and home series with a traditional FCS power, who would you rather play?

BISONBRI53
01-24-2023, 05:05 PM
Since it's very hard to schedule a home and home series with a traditional FCS power, who would you rather play?

Not being a smartass but why is that hard? Because they go for the bigger payout game instead of us?

daddy daycare
01-24-2023, 05:06 PM

Fair enough. I guess it is their "home" stadium. Just not going to expect the normal herd of NDSU fans as based on the obvious reaction or lack thereof.

SDbison
01-24-2023, 05:07 PM
Ok so what should they do while they wait for an FBS invite to show up? We have the EW game at US bank coming up which seems fun, we have FBS away games when we can get them, and the top teams in the FCS likely don't want to schedule us in the non-conference portion for obvious reasons and ESPECIALLY not in the Fargodome.

Plan A: FBS Away game (Doing a solid job here with the FBS reluctance but seems to be every other year at best)
Plan B: Home and Home series with an FCS blueblood (equally difficult, if not moreso, to get)
Plan C: Rest is garbage to some of you....it is either a pud FCS team in the Fargodome and we just show up for warm weather tailgaiting, or it is a pud FCS away game that costs money to go to so destination doesn't matter.

Some of you are salty on things that I'm not sure we can expect much more. I guess it comes down to thinking the athletic department is genuinely sandbagging and preventing us from going FBS with opportunities out there and if that is the case I guess I don't know where to go with the conversation. My view is the Admin is not trying very hard. Not very transparent at all. What are they hiding? I want numbers. Leave off team names. X number of attempts to schedule X number of teams in X conferences over past X years. What is so difficult? What are the plans to get into FBS, what did they try, where are they trying to go now? What are the biggest hurdles and if invited what will the fan base need to do. Since not much info I believe effort is lacking. Easier to not rock the boat while the Bison were winning championships. Well that won't be the case for a while now, not to mention Bison Nation interest in FCS and Frisco peaked years ago and the program is headed down with it. Keep having patience though and trust in those who appear to have done nothing.

thunderingherd
01-24-2023, 05:52 PM

Who's the FCS powers? They all left didn't they? I agree with your point, but it brought me to that question. I can't think of one.

Rixen
01-24-2023, 06:00 PM
My view is the Admin is not trying very hard. Not very transparent at all. What are they hiding? I want numbers. Leave off team names. X number of attempts to schedule X number of teams in X conferences over past X years. What is so difficult? What are the plans to get into FBS, what did they try, where are they trying to go now? What are the biggest hurdles and if invited what will the fan base need to do. Since not much info I believe effort is lacking. Easier to not rock the boat while the Bison were winning championships. Well that won't be the case for a while now, not to mention Bison Nation interest in FCS and Frisco peaked years ago and the program is headed down with it. Keep having patience though and trust in those who appear to have done nothing.

I can completely understand your side of issue in the fact that we have VERY little info on what has transpired and what is on the horizon and that makes it difficult to buy in and "trust the process" if you will.

I was more looking at this specific game in a vacuum and thinking it is a new opponent, fun city and stadium destination for the few that make it, and gets our team more exposure in that corner of that country that we very rarely play. The opponent might be a bit of a dumpster but in general I think they checked off most of the boxes.

I'm on team FBS, most of us are at this point, but I just don't want to fall down the rabbit hole of shitting on every announcement that isn't an FBS move. I would still like to enjoy the seasons for the time being.

heffray
01-24-2023, 06:08 PM
Who's the FCS powers? They all left didn't they? I agree with your point, but it brought me to that question. I can't think of one.

Montana schools would be a good start…

bisonaudit
01-24-2023, 06:09 PM
I heard an interview with Eddie George yesterday seems like he’s in it there for a while, or at least understands the issues and is committed to contributing to longer term solutions than some of these guys who are not SWAC.

Rixen
01-24-2023, 06:12 PM

Haha this is another issue. Who do we truly get excited about playing in Non-conference at this point? Both Montanas I imagine but after them? I guess whoever is a top 10 projected for the year but that by definition is likely not a blueblood at this point and these games are scheduled years out so the revolving door of relevant non-bluebloods could be a dud by the time we play them.

It's FBS, a Montana team, or an FCS dud. Might as well make it a fun location if we have to go with Plan C.

BigLakeBison
01-24-2023, 06:41 PM

Some of you are salty on things that I'm not sure we can expect much more. I guess it comes down to thinking the athletic department is genuinely sandbagging and preventing us from going FBS with opportunities out there and if that is the case I guess I don't know where to go with the conversation.

Personally, I'm exploring the Nashville game because it's something that I can sell to my wife as a mini-vacation. The game might not generate a ton of excitement for me but I'm definitely more excited about playing Tennessee St. in Nashville in 2025 than playing them in the dome next year. I completely understand the predicament that scheduling presents currently. What current FCS schools would offer an interesting home and home in the ooc? There's maybe 3-4 in the Big Sky, there's maybe a couple in the CAA depending on what your idea of interesting travel locations are, same for the SoCon, outside of that the options are very, very limited. I give the admin credit for at least trying with the Target Field, US Bank Stadium and now Nashville games that have been scheduled. They at least give the fan base something unique to experience. It's also an opportunity to hopefully show an FBS conference the potential fanbase that would come with adding NDSU to their conference. It's not perfect by any means but I view it as a valid attempt to maximize interest and enthusiasm and hopefully benefit from it in the long term.

thunderingherd
01-24-2023, 06:42 PM
Haha this is another issue. Who do we truly get excited about playing in Non-conference at this point? Both Montanas I imagine but after them? I guess whoever is a top 10 projected for the year but that by definition is likely not a blueblood at this point and these games are scheduled years out so the revolving door of relevant non-bluebloods could be a dud by the time we play them.

It's FBS, a Montana team, or an FCS dud. Might as well make it a fun location if we have to go with Plan C.

Agree... To your point, eastern washington was in a good spot when we scheduled them. 3-8 last year.

taper
01-24-2023, 08:16 PM
Not being a smartass but why is that hard? Because they go for the bigger payout game instead of us?
Most schools are afraid of a loss so either won't schedule good teams or demand outrageous payouts. I think it's important to respect schools that are willing to schedule home and homes like EWU, Montana, Weber, Delaware, etc. The problem with paying whatever it takes to bring in good teams is that becomes the new normal. All of a sudden SWAC and Pioneer teams demand the same, then good teams start demanding even more.

BigHorns
01-24-2023, 11:52 PM

If we're looking for buy games, yes.

A team like Delaware can get a local buy game at Navy or Temple paying far more than we would.
Home and home is the way to make this happen, but all things being equal schools will favor playing teams that are closer with lower travel costs. The eastern regions in particular have a lot of other options.

Now, if we were willing to do Home and Home and kick in some of those travel costs, that might open more doors.

bruinbison
01-25-2023, 12:44 AM
University of Incarnate Word - make it happen! :hide:

Bison fans could see a different city in Texas, Riverwalk area is fun!
Was reading Sam Herder and he mentioned UIW already has NIL
in place. The new young Head Coach was certainly successful getting commits from the Transfer Portal. They at least have a chance to be a strong program.

If there is a better/larger stadium UIW could access, that might be an idea.
iirc their stadium has a running track and only holds about 5-6 thousand.

unbison
01-25-2023, 11:15 AM
University of Incarnate Word - make it happen! :hide:

Bison fans could see a different city in Texas, Riverwalk area is fun!
Was reading Sam Herder and he mentioned UIW already has NIL
in place. The new young Head Coach was certainly successful getting commits from the Transfer Portal. They at least have a chance to be a strong program.

If there is a better/larger stadium UIW could access, that might be an idea.
iirc their stadium has a running track and only holds about 5-6 thousand.
That could be our next fbs game
Their trajectory is to fbs in my opinion

IndyBison
01-25-2023, 02:25 PM
Fair enough. I guess it is their "home" stadium. Just not going to expect the normal herd of NDSU fans as based on the obvious reaction or lack thereof.Based on my friends group there is a lot of interest in this game. Nashville is a HOT destination right now. We have a very active watch group there. A decent number of alumni within 4-6 hours (Chicago, Indy, St. Louis, Memphis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Charlotte) plus those who will travel to Nashville.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
01-25-2023, 02:37 PM
No one seemed to care too much about our opponent at Target Field. Well, actually a few here complained when it was announced. One of the funnest Bison games/weekends Ive been to. :biggrin:

BISONBRI53
01-25-2023, 05:05 PM
No one seemed to care too much about our opponent at Target Field. Well, actually a few here complained when it was announced. One of the funnest Bison games/weekends Ive been to. :biggrin:

Little different for that one. Destination game yes. But an easy trip for a good majority of the fan base... We knew what it was game wise...

HerdBot
01-25-2023, 08:41 PM
Little different for that one. Destination game yes. But an easy trip for a good majority of the fan base... We knew what it was game wise...

Very different. Twin cities has the most alumni and is a short drive. Next year it's actually good opponent.

Nashville would be really fun but it's not an easy drive and the opponent is meh. Get me actual Memphis and I'm there

But the crowd for Arizona was huge. Power 5 opponent, obviously

BigLakeBison
01-25-2023, 09:55 PM
Very different. Twin cities has the most alumni and is a short drive. Next year it's actually good opponent.

Nashville would be really fun but it's not an easy drive and the opponent is meh. Get me actual Memphis and I'm there

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think 10k Bison fans and maybe even more attend the game given the location in Nashville. It won’t be anywhere close to the Twin Cities games in terms of Bison fans but I would guess that Tennessee State will have a good turnout as well so it likely will be a good crowd overall and hopefully NDSU can plan some fun activities around the game for fans to attend.

HerdBot
01-25-2023, 10:12 PM
I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think 10k Bison fans and maybe even more attend the game given the location in Nashville. It won’t be anywhere close to the Twin Cities games in terms of Bison fans but I would guess that Tennessee State will have a good turnout as well so it likely will be a good crowd overall and hopefully NDSU can plan some fun activities around the game for fans to attend.

The NFL stadium is interesting. Some of their games draw like 6k and others vs Jackson State draw 50k. But the Tennesee stadium isnt historic. Its not like its at Fenway, Soldier Field or Lambeau

BigLakeBison
01-25-2023, 11:07 PM
The NFL stadium is interesting. Some of their games draw like 6k and others vs Jackson State draw 50k. But the Tennesee stadium isnt historic. Its not like its at Fenway, Soldier Field or Lambeau

It will be more fan friendly than 99% of the stadiums NDSU typically plays in so that’s an upside. TSU won’t have 50k there but given NDSU’s reputation I would guess they should be able to get 15-20k.

Bisonguy
01-25-2023, 11:49 PM

Arizona also had a large concentration of NDSU alumni and direct flights out of Hector.

blackdiamond2
01-31-2023, 09:44 PM
Tennessee putting in Turf for next year (no longer grass).