PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewals

bstark28
07-01-2022, 02:15 PM
Anyone else find it interesting that for the first time in what, a decade, season ticket opportunities became available to the public? NDSU starting to price people out with the required Team Maker fees, FCS fatigue, lack of new opponents, or a combination of all these points, plus others? Part of me is surprised they opened up, but, on the other hand, when looking at attendance last year, we probably could have predicted that this was coming.

El_Chapo
07-01-2022, 02:21 PM
hard for anyone to buy when the link isn't working.... 9:20am

EC8CH
07-01-2022, 02:26 PM
This is absolutely the reason the administration should be making the hard push to make a move up to the FBS with this later round of conference realignments. Lakes whining is one thing. Real fan apathy and reduced ticket sales and revenue is quite another. NDSU can't do anything to bring those butts in seats back to the dome if the stay in the FCS.

As a wise man on Twitter says in moments like this.... "It's Time."

I also became a first time football season ticket holder this season. Was able to get the choicest seats in the exact section at a mid tier donation range that I was looking for. Shows me there is a high availability there at multiple levels.

Honeybooboo
07-01-2022, 02:53 PM
This is absolutely the reason the administration should be making the hard push to make a move up to the FBS with this later round of conference realignments. Lakes whining is one thing. Real fan apathy and reduced ticket sales and revenue is quite another. NDSU can't do anything to bring those butts in seats back to the dome if the stay in the FCS.

As a wise man on Twitter says in moments like this.... "It's Time."

I also became a first time football season ticket holder this season. Was able to get the choicest seats in the exact section at a mid tier donation range that I was looking for. Shows me there is a high availability there at multiple levels.

Something available at all price points, the high end will go empty as they want way too much for FCS.

bstark28
07-01-2022, 02:57 PM
Something available at all price points, the high end will go empty as they want way too much for FCS.

I think the sticker shock of the Team Maker fees deters some...I know of a couple buddies that gave up their seats the last few years, as they couldn't justify spending over $4k for two seats. My tickets aren't in those "high-priced" areas, but I moved sections this year and went down two rows, which added another $250 in dues...which wasn't a big deal, but for some, it may be.

Honeybooboo
07-01-2022, 02:59 PM
I think the sticker shock of the Team Maker fees deters some...I know of a couple buddies that gave up their seats the last few years, as they couldn't justify spending over $4k for two seats. My tickets aren't in those "high-priced" areas, but I moved sections this year and went down two rows, which added another $250 in dues...which wasn't a big deal, but for some, it may be.

Well, the bonus is we will see how the marketing does as there should be plenty 9f walk up tickets available.

Maybe time to bring back the family packs to get some young blood interested, they need to do something. Beer isn't going to be the magic answer

El_Chapo
07-01-2022, 03:05 PM
Just was gonna buy more, nothing lower than Row P. except for singles and the Row P is 40 yard line with $2750 teammakers fees per seat

2 in Section 6 Row Y for $150 teammakers fees though, they should get snapped up quickly.

and yes. this admin/new president need a spark in thier ass, because the fanbase that was here in 2011-2016 built this success and now are bored with it.

time to make the push

EC8CH
07-01-2022, 03:46 PM
Just was gonna buy more, nothing lower than Row P. except for singles and the Row P is 40 yard line with $2750 teammakers fees per seat

2 in Section 6 Row Y for $150 teammakers fees though, they should get snapped up quickly.

and yes. this admin/new president need a spark in thier ass, because the fanbase that was here in 2011-2016 built this success and now are bored with it.

time to make the push

Lakes is a man ahead of his time, but today, the time is now.

Rixen
07-01-2022, 06:19 PM
We were fortunate to have the 2 seats next to ours open up so we could get to 4 family tickets but stay next to seat neighbors we are familiar with. But we are in the cheap seats that we have grown to like so dues don't hit too hard.

Professorbum
07-02-2022, 03:29 PM
I had decided not to purchase season tickets, despite this being the first year that they've been available to me. I wanted to wait until we have movement on the FBS front. I thought that was that. But then my wife yesterday talked me in to buying season tickets. My wife. The one who complains when I order up the sports packages on Sling every fall. The one who would never go to b-ball games with me. The one who didn't know how the game of football worked until she was in her 30s. She wanted season tickets.

Biden complaining about gas prices after doing everything he could to ruin the fossil fuel industry. Drag shows for elementary school kids. My wife overruling me and insisting we buy football season tickets. We live in very strange times.

EC8CH
07-02-2022, 03:34 PM
I had decided not to purchase season tickets, despite this being the first year that they've been available to me. I wanted to wait until we have movement on the FBS front. I thought that was that. But then my wife yesterday talked me in to buying season tickets. My wife. The one who complains when I order up the sports packages on Sling every fall. The one who would never go to b-ball games with me. The one who didn't know how the game of football worked until she was in her 30s. She wanted season tickets.

Biden complaining about gas prices after doing everything he could to ruin the fossil fuel industry. Drag shows for elementary school kids. My wife overruling me and insisting we buy football season tickets. We live in very strange times.

Family value republicans slavishly following an amoral Russian apologist would be authoritarian... Strange times indeed. At least UND still sucks to give us a grip on reality.

BattleBorn
07-02-2022, 03:37 PM
I moved my seats to end zone because I can’t make all the regular season games, and I can’t justify paying the big TM fees for single tickets I can now get at face value.

Bison Dan
07-02-2022, 04:17 PM
Family value republicans slavishly following an amoral Russian apologist would be authoritarian... Strange times indeed. At least UND still sucks to give us a grip on reality.

Strange indeed, democrats had the love affair with Russia.

EC8CH
07-02-2022, 05:10 PM
Strange indeed, democrats had the love affair with Russia.

Which spent a fourth of July in Moscow? Which are now aligning with Russia instead of the defense of Ukraine?

Professorbum
07-02-2022, 05:36 PM

A universal truth. This fact cannot be deconstructed.

SomeBeach
07-02-2022, 06:50 PM
Would you guys kindly take your politics somewhere else? I for one am interested in your opinions about Bison football developments. The anything else? Shove it in your ear.

roadwarrior
07-02-2022, 07:57 PM
There are not really that many of the expensive seats open:

$2750 Donation, 32 seats
$2063 Donation, 29 seats
$1375 Donation, 17 seats
$825 Donation, none
$675 Donation, none
$475 Donation, none
$450 Donation, 16 seats
$275 Donation, 6 seats
$150 Donation, 80 seats

The rest of them have a $50 donation required. Most of these are in the end zones. Without counting, it appears that they sold a lot of these since yesterday morning when I looked.

EC8CH
07-02-2022, 08:21 PM

$2750 Donation, 32 seats
$2063 Donation, 29 seats
$1375 Donation, 17 seats
$825 Donation, none
$675 Donation, none
$475 Donation, none
$450 Donation, 16 seats
$275 Donation, 6 seats
$150 Donation, 80 seats

The rest of them have a $50 donation required. Most of these are in the end zones. Without counting, it appears that they sold a lot of these since yesterday morning when I looked.

Makes me feel good about nabbing the tickets at the tier that I got. Thanks for the info.

southcliffbison
07-02-2022, 10:07 PM
Would you guys kindly take your politics somewhere else? I for one am interested in your opinions about Bison football developments. The anything else? Shove it in your ear.

"In YOUR EAR" ????? You are being too kind, Beach.

GreenfieldBison
07-02-2022, 11:24 PM
A universal truth. This fact cannot be deconstructed.

Common ground. This is the way.

1 - We are all Americans
2 - We are all NDSUicans

MankatoBison
07-05-2022, 12:32 PM
I was told that the most exciting football matchups in existence were those between NDSU and the MVFC, and other FCS conferences! I was promised that this was the peak of the mountain top in terms of titanic on-the-field matchups, and was assured that ripping teams limb from limb who have 1/10th the budget as NDSU will never grow stale- because we play for REAL National Championships!

Since these are irrefutable facts, what could possibly be causing this steady, but not so slow decline in ticket demand over the last 5-6 seasons?? Its a question that philosophers will ponder for eons. a true mystery, wrapped in an enigma. If only there were, say, thousands of years of data comparing how much of something there is and its relation to how much folks of a particular market want that same thing, and how human nature can affect how much you appreciate that exact same thing, over time. But alas... there is not.

BigHorns
07-05-2022, 02:48 PM

$2750 Donation, 32 seats
$2063 Donation, 29 seats
$1375 Donation, 17 seats
$825 Donation, none
$675 Donation, none
$475 Donation, none
$450 Donation, 16 seats
$275 Donation, 6 seats
$150 Donation, 80 seats

In spite of all the moaning, and all the issues we've faced in the world, it still looks like things are on track to sell these out before the season starts.
Sorry, but I don't think the sky is falling here.

El_Chapo
07-05-2022, 02:52 PM
In spite of all the moaning, and all the issues we've faced in the world, it still looks like things are on track to sell these out before the season starts.
Sorry, but I don't think the sky is falling here.

most of us are in the stage of buying them and hoping for the FBS payoff.... at least we are....same as buying men's basketball tickets hoping for a new coach/system & excitement..... which will happen first?

Minimum8Pete
07-05-2022, 03:01 PM
I was told that the most exciting football matchups in existence were those between NDSU and the MVFC, and other FCS conferences! I was promised that this was the peak of the mountain top in terms of titanic on-the-field matchups, and was assured that ripping teams limb from limb who have 1/10th the budget as NDSU will never grow stale- because we play for REAL National Championships!

Since these are irrefutable facts, what could possibly be causing this steady, but not so slow decline in ticket demand over the last 5-6 seasons?? Its a question that philosophers will ponder for eons. a true mystery, wrapped in an enigma. If only there were, say, thousands of years of data comparing how much of something there is and its relation to how much folks of a particular market want that same thing, and how human nature can affect how much you appreciate that exact same thing, over time. But alas... there is not.

ur an idiot if u think people are as excited about playing the redbirds salukis penguins panthers or even the jacks today as they were 10 years ago. how can u not see that?

MankatoBison
07-05-2022, 03:05 PM
ur an idiot if u think people are as excited about playing the redbirds salukis penguins panthers or even the jacks today as they were 10 years ago. how can u not see that?

yes, I agree with you haha, that is exactly why people arent wrestling eachother for tickets anymore. even 6-7 years ago, the only chance you had at nabbing tix was being the lucky 4th caller on 1660, and now we have 5,000 empty seats in the Quarters against a new team. sad, really.

Btw, purple means heavy sarcasm. Youre new here so you get a pass on that one, also I am deeply deeply sarcastic and can hold a grudge like no ones business, so take literally everything I say with a grain of salt the size of a toyota corolla

Jim Puetz
07-05-2022, 03:13 PM
When Oregon and Washington leave the Pac-12, the Pac-12 is going to need NDSU and Montana.

OrygunBison
07-05-2022, 03:38 PM
When Oregon and Washington leave the Pac-12, the Pac-12 is going to need NDSU and Montana.

Not going to happen but I'd LOVE being able to drive only 90 minutes to see a game in Corvallis or 4 hours to see them play in the Palouse.

...or 6 hours to the Smurf Turf because the Broncos will be getting a call way before us.

southcliffbison
07-05-2022, 03:48 PM

MWC maybe; PAC 12 .......don't think so.

Hammerhead
07-05-2022, 03:55 PM
So there is a small chance I might get better seats when they open single-game tickets to Team Makers who don't have season tickets? Normally the tickets we get are in something like row GG in the end zone.

$2750 Donation, 32 seats
$2063 Donation, 29 seats
$1375 Donation, 17 seats
$825 Donation, none
$675 Donation, none
$475 Donation, none
$450 Donation, 16 seats
$275 Donation, 6 seats
$150 Donation, 80 seats

Professorbum
07-05-2022, 04:10 PM

Either I misread his post or you did. I'm going with: you did. He's on your side.

tjamz
07-05-2022, 05:09 PM
yes, I agree with you haha, that is exactly why people arent wrestling eachother for tickets anymore. even 6-7 years ago, the only chance you had at nabbing tix was being the lucky 4th caller on 1660, and now we have 5,000 empty seats in the Quarters against a new team. sad, really.

Btw, purple means heavy sarcasm. Youre new here so you get a pass on that one, also I am deeply deeply sarcastic and can hold a grudge like no ones business, so take literally everything I say with a grain of salt the size of a toyota corolla

Purple doesn't show up if you use Tapatalk to access the forum. Found that out the hard way!

Minimum8Pete
07-05-2022, 05:13 PM
Either I misread his post or you did. I'm going with: you did. He's on your side.

yeah ur right, i somehow missed the thick layer of sarcasm he was layin down. my bad Kato!

daddy daycare
07-05-2022, 05:38 PM

Not as exciting as Northern Arizona, Texas AM Commerce, Abilene Christian and Southern Utah like SHSU of course.

roadwarrior
07-29-2022, 02:43 PM
Just received an email from NDSU Athletics: The subject line has "FOUR.MORE.DAYS". Single game tickets go on sale August 1st, which is 3 days from today.

Hammerhead
07-29-2022, 03:00 PM
Just received an email from NDSU Athletics: The subject line has "FOUR.MORE.DAYS". Single game tickets go on sale August 1st, which is 3 days from today.

Team Makers without season tickets have been able to purchase tickets this week based on priority points. I only wanted tickets for three games and only saw the usual seats in the upper rows for the opener and UND unless I wanted to buy 3 tickets or just singles. Surprisingly for the SDSU games there were tickets down low in at least one end zone so we are in row C and not our usual row EE.

Gully
08-01-2022, 01:35 PM
Reminder that single game tickets are now on sale. I was able to pick up 2 HC tickets for family today.

El_Chapo
08-01-2022, 04:26 PM
woof...tickets.

MankatoBison
08-01-2022, 08:15 PM
I remember in 2016 trying to get tickets on this day and I overslept by less than 10 minutes and missed everything.
Today there were hundreds and hundreds- probably thousands of tix left for SDSU. Still nabbed a handful for a gift for my Dad and brother but yikes

El_Chapo
08-01-2022, 09:37 PM
I remember in 2016 trying to get tickets on this day and I overslept by less than 10 minutes and missed everything.
Today there were hundreds and hundreds- probably thousands of tix left for SDSU. Still nabbed a handful for a gift for my Dad and brother but yikes

i counted 1000+ for und game. haha. more wanted to see us play Drake

EC8CH
08-01-2022, 11:22 PM

Ah the days of being stuck in the online waiting room...

abc123
08-01-2022, 11:39 PM
i counted 1000+ for und game. haha. more wanted to see us play Drake

Shocker, but not even close to accurate. There are about 3 pairs left for the UND game and then singles spread out.

Tons of tickets left for Drake. And plenty left for homecoming and the SDSU game.

Bison03
08-02-2022, 01:22 AM
Not surprised Und game tickets are going fast. More und fans in Fargo and Grand Forks wanting to go, along with fans wanting to see that ass kicking. The other games will hopefully get there as well.

Professor Chaos
08-02-2022, 02:49 AM
The SDSU game ticket availability is pretty telling. Can't use the "game will be over by halftime" excuse for this one. This is currently our only true rival still at the FCS level - an opponent that has won the last two matchups against the Bison including the last one in Fargo when one of their coaches punched a hole in the coaches box plexiglass. It's the consensus #1 vs the consensus #2 in the FCS (as of now). That's as good as it's going to get.

56BISON73
08-02-2022, 03:30 AM
Shocker, but not even close to accurate. There are about 3 pairs left for the UND game and then singles spread out.

Tons of tickets left for Drake. And plenty left for homecoming and the SDSU game.

It's called Chapo math. Take 50% and just throw it away. Then take 25% of the remaining and set it aside for a good chuckle later. So you've got 25% left of which 50% is questionable. The rest is a crap shoot so take your chances.

Hammerhead
08-02-2022, 03:34 AM
The SDSU game ticket availability is pretty telling. Can't use the "game will be over by halftime" excuse for this one. This is currently our only true rival still at the FCS level - an opponent that has won the last two matchups against the Bison including the last one in Fargo when one of their coaches punched a hole in the coaches box plexiglass. It's the consensus #1 vs the consensus #2 in the FCS (as of now). That's as good as it's going to get.

I was surprised to get the best seats for the SDSU game. We picked three games to attend with the other two being UND and whoever we play in the home opener just to be there for the banner raising.

EC8CH
08-02-2022, 04:08 AM
I was surprised to get the best seats for the SDSU game. We picked three games to attend with the other two being UND and whoever we play in the home opener just to be there for the banner raising.

Love me a good banner raising... Then the lights come up and it's back to business for a new season.

El_Chapo
08-02-2022, 01:10 PM
90% sold before public is still the envy of 90% of college football though

AKBison
08-02-2022, 02:29 PM
90% sold before public is still the envy of 90% of college football though

Honestly, this is worked out pretty well for our group as we can preplan a little better. We have secured enough tickets to attend 3 games now instead of one. There has to be a lot of other folks like us and maybe this will help bring back a little energy to the crowd.

EC8CH
08-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Honestly, this is worked out pretty well for our group as we can preplan a little better. We have secured enough tickets to attend 3 games now instead of one. There has to be a lot of other folks like us and maybe this will help bring back a little energy to the crowd.

There's a silver lining. I wish the student section wasn't so decimated though and would still like to see sell outs by GameDay. Attendance trends are showing at this level NDSU has plateaued and interest is declining. A move up is needed, anything else is just a bandaid.

unbison
08-02-2022, 03:19 PM
It's called Chapo math. Take 50% and just throw it away. Then take 25% of the remaining and set it aside for a good chuckle later. So you've got 25% left of which 50% is questionable. The rest is a crap shoot so take your chances.
I believe that’s the family description as well

daddy daycare
08-02-2022, 03:50 PM
There's a silver lining. I wish the student section wasn't so decimated though and would still like to see sell outs by GameDay. Attendance trends are showing at this level NDSU has plateaued and interest is declining. A move up is needed, anything else is just a bandaid.

I think interest in NDSU football is plenty high. I do think those who filled the dome 5-6 years ago may have other things going on....kids activities, life changes, etc. For example, I have 2 kids going opposite directions in the fall for activities, makes it difficult to get to the games. Doesn't mean my interest in the program has declined.

I'm guessing it's a similar story with many fans. Although, yes, driving 200 miles each way for a game against Drake isn't all that appealing.

El_Chapo
08-02-2022, 04:39 PM
But with a MWC schedule we double it.

daddy daycare
08-02-2022, 05:06 PM
But with a MWC schedule we double it.

Makes me laugh every time for a variety of reasons. #1 being the MWC doesn't need or want NDSU (thread drift).

Hammerhead
08-02-2022, 05:33 PM
There may not be a new generation of younger fans to replace people like Daddy Daycare who get busy with their kids' activities.

I think interest in NDSU football is plenty high. I do think those who filled the dome 5-6 years ago may have other things going on....kids activities, life changes, etc. For example, I have 2 kids going opposite directions in the fall for activities, makes it difficult to get to the games. Doesn't mean my interest in the program has declined.

I'm guessing it's a similar story with many fans. Although, yes, driving 200 miles each way for a game against Drake isn't all that appealing.

WhoRepsTheLurker
08-02-2022, 05:55 PM
I guess I’m the oddball since I’ll be giving my tickets to the UND game away (to Bison fans, of course) ...

southcliffbison
08-02-2022, 07:43 PM

You are right; driving (actually 240 miles one way) isn't appealing, but I do it.

mnriverbison
08-02-2022, 08:54 PM

So what you're saying is that the demographics of our fanbase has a gap that it didn't used to have. That is an enthusiasm drop no matter how we want to rationalize it.

Surely there were busy fans with young kids or whatever 5-6 years ago, and yet tickets were hard to come by anyway.

SDbison
08-02-2022, 09:55 PM
You are right; driving (actually 240 miles one way) isn't appealing, but I do it. Same for me! Bison fans are spoiled. Nebraska fans drive from all over their state to consistently fill a 90,000 seat stadium and the Huskers have struggled for the past 20 years!

daddy daycare
08-02-2022, 09:59 PM
Ya honesty really hurts sometimes on this board, doesn't it. Go against the grain and drop some different opinions and whooooo boy lookout.

El_Chapo
08-02-2022, 10:00 PM
I guess I’m the oddball since I’ll be giving my tickets to the UND game away (to Bison fans, of course) ...

samesies..

MankatoBison
08-03-2022, 02:57 PM
Ya honesty really hurts sometimes on this board, doesn't it. Go against the grain and drop some different opinions and whooooo boy lookout.

Well when you say something like "sure ticket sales are down by about 50% from 5 years ago, but actually I think interest in going to games has never been higher!" you open yourself up to ridicule pretty quickly lol.

Sure sales at Blockbuster are down 50%, but I think interest in Blockbuster has never been higher!
Sure there are less and less people using Kodak film reels, but I think interest in Kodak film has never been higher!
sure less and less people are swiping right on me on tinder, but I think interest in me has never been higher!
Sure less and less people are coming to our church each sunday but I think interest in our church has never been higher!

Hammerhead
08-03-2022, 03:02 PM
I wonder if inflation plays a factor and some people are trying to cut down on their entertainment budgets.

Things are still good when we complain about not selling out in 10 minutes when many schools are asking how they can convince 2,000 fans to buy tickets.

So what you're saying is that the demographics of our fanbase has a gap that it didn't used to have. That is an enthusiasm drop no matter how we want to rationalize it.

Surely there were busy fans with young kids or whatever 5-6 years ago, and yet tickets were hard to come by anyway.

MankatoBison
08-03-2022, 03:17 PM

please stop bringing logic into this, dood. Just stop. The FCS forever crowd absolutely hates that shit. Theyre allowed to disagree about potential solutions, but they wont even acknowledge there is a problem or even a slight flaw in the first place. They literally just say "nuh-uh!" when you bring up things like "ticket sales are declining at a shocking rate", "there are maybe 2-3 programs in FCS that actually care about winning", "FCS has lost almost all the programs that made it interesting when we made the jump", "the average marching bands in the FCS are not very good", "the average FCS fan base doesnt give a flying f*ck about their football team", "the law of decreasing marginal utility exists", "the law of supply and demand exists" "fans usually prefer competitively intriguing games vs unintriguing games"

Those arent straw men, those are actually things I have been told are just straight up false by people on this website. Again, they are entitled to their own opinions FCS/FBS but theyre not entitled to their own facts.

Who are you going to believe? Them? or observable realities, data, and your own eyeballs? Hmmm??? There cant be low interest in the program If we change the definition of 'interest', am I right!?

land grant bison
08-13-2022, 05:12 PM
Not surprised Und game tickets are going fast. More und fans in Fargo and Grand Forks wanting to go, along with fans wanting to see that ass kicking. The other games will hopefully get there as well.

This is probably the best “current” thread for my question, which is directed at the old timers…

…In the off-season I usually get into a sports lull and fill the void by watching highlights. Anyways, I’ve been checking out the NDSU-und games of old and two questions came to mind:
1.) can anyone explain why there were two games in grand forks back to back in 1992 and 1993?
2.) why was Rocky Hager’s contract not renewed in 1997?

El_Chapo
08-13-2022, 05:55 PM
please stop bringing logic into this, dood. Just stop. The FCS forever crowd absolutely hates that shit. Theyre allowed to disagree about potential solutions, but they wont even acknowledge there is a problem or even a slight flaw in the first place. They literally just say "nuh-uh!" when you bring up things like "ticket sales are declining at a shocking rate", "there are maybe 2-3 programs in FCS that actually care about winning", "FCS has lost almost all the programs that made it interesting when we made the jump", "the average marching bands in the FCS are not very good", "the average FCS fan base doesnt give a flying f*ck about their football team", "the law of decreasing marginal utility exists", "the law of supply and demand exists" "fans usually prefer competitively intriguing games vs unintriguing games"

Those arent straw men, those are actually things I have been told are just straight up false by people on this website. Again, they are entitled to their own opinions FCS/FBS but theyre not entitled to their own facts.

Who are you going to believe? Them? or observable realities, data, and your own eyeballs? Hmmm??? There cant be low interest in the program If we change the definition of 'interest', am I right!?

I always had people asking me for tickets. not last year or this year so far. that's my gage. NDSU marketing staff might have to actually work for once in last 10 years

1998braves64
08-14-2022, 12:08 AM
This is probably the best “current” thread for my question, which is directed at the old timers…

…If the off-season I usually get into a sports lull and fill the void by watching highlights. Anyways, I’ve been checking out the NDSU-und games of old and two questions came to mind:
1.) can anyone explain why there were two games in grand forks back to back in 1992 and 1993?
2.) why was Rocky Hager’s contract not renewed in 1997?#2 I think had to do with the AD (who was a friend of RT who was UND FB coach still) and fact that RH hated UND with a passion. Plus some scrupulous behavior by some on the team at the time gave said AD (entzion) enough ammo to fire him. Coincidentally said AD got in his own hot water a year or two later, just Google his name it pretty much tells you what you need to know). I'll let the old timers fill in the blanks even though I was high school and went to NDSU in 1998-1999 I was far enough removed from it prior to 98 didn't get all the low down. Just remember it being strange they canned RH.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

land grant bison
08-14-2022, 12:26 AM
#2 I think had to do with the AD (who was a friend of RT who was UND FB coach still) and fact that RH hated UND with a passion. Plus some scrupulous behavior by some on the team at the time gave said AD (entzion) enough ammo to fire him. Coincidentally said AD got in his own hot water a year or two later, just Google his name it pretty much tells you what you need to know). I'll let the old timers fill in the blanks even though I was high school and went to NDSU in 1998-1999 I was far enough removed from it prior to 98 didn't get all the low down. Just remember it being strange they canned RH.

Thanks for the reply on Rocky. I thought it strange that und was awarded back to back games in GF in 92/93 and wonder how much of a factor it was in the 93 game. (…Aside from Arden beachy getting injured.)

Yeah, I was able to read an old article about the former AD. Sounds like he was trying to “relax” in a park in Omaha.

bisonaudit
08-14-2022, 02:41 AM
#2 I think had to do with the AD (who was a friend of RT who was UND FB coach still) and fact that RH hated UND with a passion. Plus some scrupulous behavior by some on the team at the time gave said AD (entzion) enough ammo to fire him. Coincidentally said AD got in his own hot water a year or two later, just Google his name it pretty much tells you what you need to know). I'll let the old timers fill in the blanks even though I was high school and went to NDSU in 1998-1999 I was far enough removed from it prior to 98 didn't get all the low down. Just remember it being strange they canned RH.

Has the definition of “scrupulous” changed?

bisonaudit
08-14-2022, 02:49 AM
He didn’t win a title for 6 years, lost to UND 4 times maybe after we’d won like 12 in a row, and there were numerous off field issues with some of his recruits.

1998braves64
08-14-2022, 04:50 AM
Has the definition of “scrupulous” changed?Oops unscrupulous my bad.

TransAmBison
08-15-2022, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the reply on Rocky. I thought it strange that und was awarded back to back games in GF in 92/93 and wonder how much of a factor it was in the 93 game. (…Aside from Arden beachy getting injured.)

Yeah, I was able to read an old article about the former AD. Sounds like he was trying to “relax” in a park in Omaha.For the back to back games, it had to do with the conference had the games all set...I think it was a 10 year plan, and '93 started a new plan...which didn't necessarily take into account where the last game was played...basically reset the system.

Professor Chaos
08-15-2022, 02:21 PM
So to take this thread in a completely new and different direction someone on AGS shared prices for Central Connecticut's football team... let's just say it might raise an eyebrow for anyone paying NDSU football ticket prices: $30 for GA and $35 for reserved (that's for their entire 5 game home schedule). Single game tickets are $8 for GA and $10 for reserved.

https://ccsubluedevils.showare.com/ordertickets.asp?p=214&src=default

That's the price of success I guess. :)

EC8CH
08-15-2022, 02:28 PM
So to take this thread in a completely new and different direction someone on AGS shared prices for Central Connecticut's football team... let's just say it might raise an eyebrow for anyone paying NDSU football ticket prices: $30 for GA and $35 for reserved (that's for their entire 5 game home schedule). Single game tickets are $8 for GA and $10 for reserved.

https://ccsubluedevils.showare.com/ordertickets.asp?p=214&src=default

That's the price of success I guess. :)

I'm ok with paying the NDSU premium for the quality of the product on the field. If the Bison were the quality of Central Connecticut... I wouldn't even bother paying their low prices.

stevdock
08-15-2022, 02:38 PM
I'm ok with paying the NDSU premium for the quality of the product on the field. If the Bison were the quality of Central Connecticut... I wouldn't even bother paying their low prices.

Quality of the product? Shouldn't that also factor in who they are playing? Yes I'd pay extra for the quality of the Bison product. As for the quality of the opponent, I know it's factored into how many games we are thinking of going to. It's getting hard to justify spending xxx dollars for 6 of us to attend a game that is over by the end of the first quarter.

EC8CH
08-15-2022, 02:43 PM
Quality of the product? Shouldn't that also factor in who they are playing? Yes I'd pay extra for the quality of the Bison product. As for the quality of the opponent, I know it's factored into how many games we are thinking of going to. It's getting hard to justify spending xxx dollars for 6 of us to attend a game that is over by the end of the first quarter.

Yes that it a valid point. I've been to some real barn burners though in the dome and not always the teams you expect. Charleston Southern for example was a great game. Hard to tell which games will be the ones you'll regret not being there for.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for a move up though for stiffer competition.

I'd also note that NDSU keeps putting high level NFL talent on their roster. When Trey was playing, I wanted to catch every game I could with him in an NDSU jersey. Now I go just to drool over Cole's calves on the sidelines.

El_Chapo
08-17-2022, 01:29 PM
lots of tickets still. woof

roadwarrior
08-17-2022, 01:46 PM

If you want a comparison, check the available seats at SDSU.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-19-2022, 12:01 AM

It’s bad when no one cares about the SDSU game . That thing should be sold out day 1! It’s going to be the best game of the year in the FCS!
I thought beer would help too

BigHorns
08-19-2022, 01:20 AM
It’s bad when no one cares about the SDSU game . That thing should be sold out day 1! It’s going to be the best game of the year in the FCS!
I thought beer would help too

There's really not much left when you zoom in, scattered singles and a few endzone seats.
Those SDSU tix will be gone soon.

SDSU home tickets on the other hand, still have lots up for grabs on their 50 yd line, and one whole side is basically open.

We'll be fine, maybe some new folks will attend this year.

BisonCardinal
08-19-2022, 08:29 PM
Watch party sites are now up on gobison.com. Apparently some information didn't transfer on last site update.

Hammerhead
08-20-2022, 12:39 AM
Even the USD game in Brookings has seats in row 7 near the 50 yard line. Ec
There's really not much left when you zoom in, scattered singles and a few endzone seats.
Those SDSU tix will be gone soon.

SDSU home tickets on the other hand, still have lots up for grabs on their 50 yd line, and one whole side is basically open.

We'll be fine, maybe some new folks will attend this year.

Gully
08-28-2022, 12:28 PM
SDSU, UND and Homecoming will all sell out. Dom mentioned Drake game has less than 2,000 tickets left. Strong schedule and normalization (somewhat :) ) of society has things looking a little better.

I like some of the changes they announced. None are silver bullets but good steps. I heard they're adding a false start counter and if you get to a certain level people get free wings? Maybe that was a joke but if not, great idea IMO :)

BigHorns
08-28-2022, 01:31 PM
SDSU, UND and Homecoming will all sell out. Dom mentioned Drake game has less than 2,000 tickets left. Strong schedule and normalization (somewhat :) ) of society has things looking a little better.

I like some of the changes they announced. None are silver bullets but good steps. I heard they're adding a false start counter and if you get to a certain level people get free wings? Maybe that was a joke but if not, great idea IMO :)

False start counter would be awesome if discounted or free food is awarded!

2000 seats is more than NMSU appeared to have in their entire stadium last night.
We might not sell that game out, but we'll have a solid crowd for Drake. Covid threw a monkey wrench in everything for a while.

MankatoBison
08-29-2022, 01:04 PM
Saw the list of improvements and have to say I was pleased with pretty much all of them! They sound fun to me!

Its a little baffling to me that it took 5-7 years to implement a SINGLE new thing to the gameday experience but gotta give credit where credit is due.

Anyone know anything about the 2 lighting towers in the FFD? Very interested to see how much they can do with these things and how it compares to the bama, georgia light shows etc

No_Skill
08-29-2022, 01:10 PM
My guess is they'll be similar to those DJ truss systems with some LEDs and stobes or something.

EC8CH
08-29-2022, 01:54 PM
Good to see the NDSU media department has created new video board graphics... really excited to see how that group uses those big screens.

They did one basketball game where they used their stuff instead of the crappy template created standard pregame video and it was 1000% better.

EC8CH
08-29-2022, 01:55 PM
My guess is they'll be similar to those DJ truss systems with some LEDs and stobes or something.

No herd of bison running onto the field with freaking laser beams strapped to their heads?

TransAmBison
08-29-2022, 02:37 PM
No herd of bison running onto the field with freaking laser beams strapped to their heads?

Okay...picture this. New video at the game...Austin Powers style. Pres. Cook (Dr Evil) sits down in the boardroom table. Larsen with an eye patch sits across from him. Lakes (think Scottie) sits down and puts his feat up on the table. Cook asks Larsen why he has an eye patch...video switches to Larsen remembering back to tripping over a championship trophies that were cluttering up the office, so he decides to put one in the closet and a bunch fall out and one hits him in the eye. Video comes back to the boardroom, and Lakes is whining about NDSU needing to go FBS, and gets shushed repeatedly. Cook comes up with the grand plan for NDSU to schedule the Gophers. Larsen groans and explains that has been done repeatedly, and can't be done anymore. Cook runs down a list of teams such as K-State, Kansas, and Iowa. When all the teams are shot down, Cook states he wants a herd of Bison with frickin' laser beams on their heads...transitioning to the current video with stampeding Bison shooting jackrabbits with their lasers.

Just spit-ballin' an idea here...gonna need some work, but it is a start.

The_Sicatoka
08-29-2022, 03:21 PM
Okay...picture this. New video at the game...Austin Powers style. Pres. Cook (Dr Evil) sits down in the boardroom table. Larsen with an eye patch sits across from him. Lakes (think Scottie) sits down and puts his feat up on the table. Cook asks Larsen why he has an eye patch...video switches to Larsen remembering back to tripping over a championship trophies that were cluttering up the office, so he decides to put one in the closet and a bunch fall out and one hits him in the eye. Video comes back to the boardroom, and Lakes is whining about NDSU needing to go FBS, and gets shushed repeatedly. Cook comes up with the grand plan for NDSU to schedule the Gophers. Larsen groans and explains that has been done repeatedly, and can't be done anymore. Cook runs down a list of teams such as K-State, Kansas, and Iowa. When all the teams are shot down, Cook states he wants a herd of Bison with frickin' laser beams on their heads...transitioning to the current video with stampeding Bison shooting jackrabbits with their lasers.

As they say in Hollywood ...

GREEN LIGHT IT!

EC8CH
08-29-2022, 03:39 PM

The part where Lakes puts his stubby little feet on the table had me rolling.

KSBisonFan
08-29-2022, 04:26 PM

Is Chapo in a kid's high chair?

roadwarrior
09-02-2022, 10:44 PM
Not like the old wild west lot days, but there are still people lining up Friday afternoon for GA tailgate spots.

TAILG8R
09-02-2022, 11:17 PM
Not like the old wild west lot days, but there are still people lining up Friday afternoon for GA tailgate spots.Crazy. In a lot of ways I do miss lining up on Fridays and staying overnight. Two day party.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-03-2022, 03:04 AM
Crazy. In a lot of ways I do miss lining up on Fridays and staying overnight. Two day party.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Longhorn Endzone Hando were the masters of that

Gully
09-03-2022, 11:30 AM
any word on what type of crowd is expected for the A&T game?

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-03-2022, 12:08 PM
any word on what type of crowd is expected for the A&T game?

Not sure, but I'll be there. Looking forward to this one actually

AKBison
09-03-2022, 03:00 PM
Not like the old wild west lot days, but there are still people lining up Friday afternoon for GA tailgate spots.

So dumb...a lot of school's have official "tailgating clubs" where you can come the night before and get set up. Don't follow the rules and your out of the club. Doing something similar here would really help reinvigorate the tailgate scene.