PDA

View Full Version : Answer Guy aka Vern Lysford

gotts
06-28-2022, 12:33 AM
https://www.duborefuneralhome.com/obituary/Vern-Lysford

It's very fitting that the obituary so very accurately captures his unique sense of humor!

I've known Vern my entire life & wasn't necessarily fond of his style of humor in my early years, but I grew to appreciate it as I "matured" (just like his appreciation for NDSU :) ).

Rest in peace, thank you for showing us how to accept what we're dealt.

HandoEX
06-28-2022, 04:01 PM
https://www.duborefuneralhome.com/obituary/Vern-Lysford

It's very fitting that the obituary so very accurately captures his unique sense of humor!

I've known Vern my entire life & wasn't necessarily fond of his style of humor in my early years, but I grew to appreciate it as I "matured" (just like his appreciation for NDSU :) ).

Rest in peace, thank you for showing us how to accept what we're dealt.

Vern sure had a unique sense of humor and made me smile every time I read his posts or ran into him at tailgating. Loved reading his stuff back in the day on Bison media blog, stirring us all up to get a laugh. UND has rarely produced anything worthwhile, but he was the best they’ve had. RIP, Vern and condolences to all his family, including you, gotts.

The_Sicatoka
06-28-2022, 10:30 PM
I've been told Vern wrote his own obit. For me the tell is ...

He is survived by his long-suffering wife of 40 years, ...

That's classic "Answer Guy" (aka VMeister).

tjbison
06-28-2022, 10:37 PM
RIP Answer Guy, always had something funny in his REP comments

56BISON73
06-29-2022, 02:57 AM
Vern had a final email that was to be sent out after his passing.

The last line in his good bye was----

P.S. If any of my Bison friends are reading this, please help them with the bigger words.

HerdBot
06-29-2022, 05:13 AM
Looking at the Bisonville Digital Grave Site, it's sad how many people have died in the last 18 years I've been on this site. When I die, after a few years people will ask
"Whatever happened to herdbot?" If I ever go a year without posting, assume I'm dead.

Anyways... RIP Answer Guy. I probably annoyed him a few times but I enjoyed his witt

Here's his last post on Bisonville

The universe is barely 2,000 years old, bro.

Otherwise, the numbers would be larger.

Also, I'm Catholic...I won't be letting TAB do any of my snake handling.

And a weird Bisonville tidbit. There is also an Answer Gay profile lol
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/member.php?4133-Answer-Gay

oldmantutters
06-29-2022, 05:34 PM
Looking at the Bisonville Digital Grave Site, it's sad how many people have died in the last 18 years I've been on this site. When I die, after a few years people will ask
"Whatever happened to herdbot?" If I ever go a year without posting, assume I'm dead.

Anyways... RIP Answer Guy. I probably annoyed him a few times but I enjoyed his witt

Here's his last post on Bisonville

And a weird Bisonville tidbit. There is also an Answer Gay profile lol
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/member.php?4133-Answer-GayOne of Chapo's alias's

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

bisonfanette
06-29-2022, 10:40 PM
Isn’t it funny… I had no idea that he was related to two other people that I know, until I just read the obituary. I had no idea!
I enjoyed him and his occasional messages. RIP Answer Guy!

El_Chapo
06-29-2022, 11:17 PM
One of Chapo's alias's

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

2011 was so 11 years ago, believe it or not, even I made Answer Guy laugh a time or 2 (he turned down the date to I beam and said to ask TAB instead. haha)

.. God rest his soul & condolences to his family

ByeSonBusiness
07-01-2022, 03:36 AM
My first job after college was up in Grand Forks. I think I mentioned it on the sioux board and Vern invited me to a UND game, we had a blast...well, I did. UND pissed it down their leg. I took it easy on him. Got to see Kenny Golladay up close.

Stayed in touch with him ever since. A very fun guy who did sorta represented all that a rivalry is supposed to be. Fun, witty digs bag and forth, but mostly fun. He was an equal opportunity dunk artist.

He will be missed.

ndsubison1
07-01-2022, 08:11 PM
Met him once. He was funny. RIP Answer Guy. Will miss you picking "North Dakota" every week in the FCS Survivor Thread.

Answer Gay
07-01-2022, 09:45 PM
It is probably time to come out of the closet.......so to speak! The account was created to follow the smack threads, especially the UND thread that Vern frequented. I thought I would post more frequently and be a pain in Vern's ass, but I soon realized I was no match for his humor and wit. After he got sick, it seemed pretty petty to continue any message board shenanigan's.

Vern handled his cancer with grace and dignity and lived his remaining time on this earth as if he was dying! RIP Answer Guy - VMeister

Answer Gay out! (Definitely not one of Chapo's Alias's)

BisonTeacher
07-03-2022, 03:19 AM
Sorry to hear this. Rest in peace Vern.

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2022, 04:52 PM
Holy crap.....I don't know how the heck I missed this. Way, way back when, I "sold" Vern some miles so he could get to Scotland. Great deal for both him and me. Hung out with him at the tailgate a few times, and always enjoyed the back and forth humor between him and TAB. RIP Vern! You were one of the coolest UND grads I ever met.

Kevin
09-27-2022, 05:16 PM
I still miss the guy. Every time I'd lay down some epic content, the kind of shit that TAB was almost capable of when he was in his prime, AG would leave me the exact same positive rep message ":)"

That's all it ever said. Just :)

It was usually when I'd ether lakes about his ugly children or autism or when I'd remind TAB that he's washed up and no longer funny. At all. But it was always the same message.

Real recognizes real.

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2022, 05:20 PM
I still miss the guy. Every time I'd lay down some epic content, the kind of shit that TAB was almost capable of when he was in his prime, AG would leave me the exact same positive rep message ":)"

That's all it ever said. Just :)

It was usually when I'd ether lakes about his ugly children or autism or when I'd remind TAB that he's washed up and no longer funny. At all. But it was always the same message.

Real recognizes real.

He must have done that for everyone! I also miss him taking North Dakota every week in pick em. He'd do it every week, and I'd LOL every time for some reason.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-15-2023, 06:04 AM
I blame Vern…… screwed us from up above…. RIP

Kevin
11-27-2023, 05:05 PM
u know vern was like :) after that one.