congrats to my friend Jeff!!

BisoNation will miss you

https://seminoles.com/jeff-culhane-named-new-voice-for-fsu-athletics/

OrygunBison
06-20-2022, 02:48 PM
Was this a transfer portal thing?

Bison03
06-20-2022, 02:54 PM
Congrats! Huge step up to be the voice of that program. Jeff had a tough job when he came in. Having to replace a legend like Scotty Miller was going to be a huge mountain to climb. He definitely raised the bar as far as broadcasting Bison games. Definitely now huge shoes to fill. Best of luck. Once a Bison always a Bison.

SDbison
06-20-2022, 02:58 PM
Does this mean Keith Brake will take over for Jeff?

AKBison
06-20-2022, 03:00 PM
Does this mean Keith Brake will take over for Jeff?

I hope not! Hire the kid from WDAY who stepped in for Dom when he had Covid. I thought he did great.

oldmantutters
06-20-2022, 03:07 PM
Does this mean Keith Brake will take over for Jeff?Please, no!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

TransAmBison
06-20-2022, 03:15 PM
I hope not! Hire the kid from WDAY who stepped in for Dom when he had Covid. I thought he did great.I think that was Zach Staton (sp?). I agree...he did an excellent job...

Rixen
06-20-2022, 03:39 PM
I thought Jeff did a great job. Best of luck to him!

Kevin
06-20-2022, 03:51 PM
Culhane gets to move to Florida and get paid a shit ton of money. Lakes must be jealous as fuck bros.

Best of luck Culhane but like any transfer portaler you're dead to me now bro.

El_Chapo
06-20-2022, 03:52 PM
Nancy. Call me. ;)

hell ya I'm jealous I was a Noles fan b4 Deion

THEsocalledfan
06-20-2022, 04:01 PM
Huge loss for NDSU.....great hire by Florida St. I hope Bison 1660 survives; he basically built the place.

mtoutfitter
06-20-2022, 04:08 PM
Huge loss for NDSU.....great hire by Florida St. I hope Bison 1660 survives; he basically built the place.

Yep, hate to see him go! Only good thing would be if he took Lakes with him!!!

Bison03
06-20-2022, 04:30 PM
I think it will again be a national search. This job is even more lucrative then it was 6 years ago.

HerdBot
06-20-2022, 04:33 PM
Way to go Jeff!
He will be tough to replace but I'm not worried since I said the same thing about Scotty Miller

primespareribs
06-20-2022, 04:41 PM
Get them on the schedule!

BISONBRI53
06-20-2022, 05:10 PM
Hopefully the new person has a good 40 time and has the cone drill down!!!

TAILG8R
06-20-2022, 05:25 PM

We will need to know projected height and weight and of course pictures of their calves.

Grizzled
06-20-2022, 06:07 PM

And other offers…..

SomeBeach
06-20-2022, 06:10 PM
Someone please tell Lee Timmerman that the job has already been filled.

tolnabison
06-20-2022, 06:14 PM
Would Brian Shawn be a candidate? I know he has been a TV guy. But he knows both programs very well.

kab1one
06-20-2022, 06:35 PM
Jeff will also talk about NDSU in the deep south, much like David Moulton does 20 plus years after leaving Fargo. Derek Hanson has kept that pipeline open.

ByeSonBusiness
06-20-2022, 06:50 PM
I think it will again be a national search. This job is even more lucrative then it was 6 years ago.

How much more lucrative is it really? What has changed?

OrygunBison
06-20-2022, 08:37 PM
Would Brian Shawn be a candidate? I know he has been a TV guy. But he knows both programs very well.

BS seems like a very nice guy and he certainly knows the program but he just doesn't have the demeanor to get me excited and keep me engaged if he were the play-x-play guy.

MinotBison
06-20-2022, 08:38 PM
So, who's next?

Kevin
06-20-2022, 08:50 PM
You bros think I could do this and maintain my play calling duties?

I can tell you the play before the play might be interesting radio

El_Chapo
06-20-2022, 08:52 PM
So, who's next?

https://tommiesports.com/staff-directory/travis-langer/273

he only at UST 1 year, but he was with Rams & Vikings.

being less than 50 day til training camp, gonna have to move fast, these PXP jobs just don't open up alot....most are legacies.

otherwise Nancy has herd the buzz about ME & Kevin's proposal.

MankatoBison
06-20-2022, 08:54 PM
I hope not! Hire the kid from WDAY who stepped in for Dom when he had Covid. I thought he did great.
I would legitimately not listen if Keith Brake or Zack Staton were PxP and the host of the insiders.
If youve ever heard Staton on Hot Mic, its an absolute shit storm of a radio show. About 1/2 the show is dead air, and me checking my phone to see if the podcast paused. Keith wouldnt be able to call a play without telling you who to vote for.

That being said, Staton is about 100x better at play by play than he is at being a host on radio.

Dont know what WDAY pays and what NDSU pays for this, but I think Dom does pretty great with PxP AND Radio host. Doubt he would ever switch- seems like he likes his position now at WDAY as he can pretty much call his own shots, and likes asking real questions about the team instead of spouting the company propaganda.

MankatoBison
06-20-2022, 08:55 PM
wow, what an honor.

congrats to my friend Jeff!!

BisoNation will miss you

https://seminoles.com/jeff-culhane-named-new-voice-for-fsu-athletics/

He will forever be #OneOfUs
Congrats brother, all the best to you!

THEsocalledfan
06-20-2022, 09:08 PM

I could get on board with this. He is not a radio guy, but he has a great voice and I think could do a great job. One of the few local I'd consider.

Hammerhead
06-20-2022, 09:29 PM
What about having the same announcers for TV and radio like when Paul Allen does TV for the Vikings in preseason and still does radio stuff like describing the uniforms the teams are wearing?

Kevin
06-20-2022, 09:32 PM
I can confirm talks are underway for me and lakes to take the helm

not sure if it'll come to fruition though lakes has some weird clauses in his end of the contract. bizaare shit like "17 grapes (red) in the booth", "no one can look me directly in the eyes" and "no fat chicks".

all i asked for a separate booth

EC8CH
06-20-2022, 10:09 PM
So, who's next?

Could you imagine if UND wrote the job listing for this like they did for their media bid package?

NodakGreg
06-20-2022, 10:26 PM

I agree. Brian Shawn would be a great hire. He knows the programs, the history, etc....you don't have to do a national search when you have a couple good ones right here in the backyard! Scottie Miller was MASSIVE! Jeff did a nice job, big energy, but he had his own way different from Scottie. I like Brian. Good guy, comeback guy from cancer, shows lots of guts, good for the region too.

Be Herd, Lets get tanned in Tucson everyone! Bring the stampede, going to be fun...

NoDak Greg in Bis.

El_Chapo
06-21-2022, 12:07 AM
I agree. Brian Shawn would be a great hire. He knows the programs, the history, etc....you don't have to do a national search when you have a couple good ones right here in the backyard! Scottie Miller was MASSIVE! Jeff did a nice job, big energy, but he had his own way different from Scottie. I like Brian. Good guy, comeback guy from cancer, shows lots of guts, good for the region too.

Be Herd, Lets get tanned in Tucson everyone! Bring the stampede, going to be fun...

NoDak Greg in Bis.

und grad. hard pass

bisonforever
06-21-2022, 12:16 AM
und grad. hard pass You are dumb!

unbison
06-21-2022, 01:32 AM
Nancy. Call me. ;)

hell ya I'm jealous I was a Noles fan b4 Deion

In 1984 you were a fsu fan ok

scottietohottie
06-21-2022, 01:45 AM
Lee Timmerman is available.

WhoRepsTheLurker
06-21-2022, 01:53 AM

Look at the endowment, IPF, added titles, NFL guys, FBS ambitions, etc.

Culhane set a high bar. It’s a jungle down there in FLA and he’ll be hotter than hell, but I’ll miss him, and I wish him the best. Good get for the for the fighting Florida State Seminoles …

Now go out get another young hungry guy climbing the ladder. I have no problem with that. Part of what made Jeff special was his connection to the greater sports world outside of ND, and Fargo is the portal through which ND climbs …

WhoRepsTheLurker
06-21-2022, 02:04 AM

Culhane set a high bar. It’s a jungle down there in FLA and he’ll be hotter than hell, but I’ll miss him, and I wish him the best. Good get for the for the fighting Florida State Seminoles …

Now go out get another young hungry guy climbing the ladder. I have no problem with that. Part of what made Jeff special was his connection to the greater sports world outside of ND, and Fargo is the portal through which ND climbs …

I'm just gonna bold that for truth, since its so true.

PickedBess
06-21-2022, 02:17 AM
und grad. hard pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mov4Qkm4tu0

I Know What I Like
The News

EC8CH
06-21-2022, 02:29 AM
Lee Timmerman is available.

Shut your damn dirty mouth Scottie!

HerdBot
06-21-2022, 02:30 AM

I'll miss him more on the Insiders. I've listened to so many episodes, I feel like a know the guy personally

WhoRepsTheLurker
06-21-2022, 02:37 AM
I'll miss him more on the Insiders. I've listened to so many episodes, I feel like a know the guy personally

Yep, he's sort of the glue there. No offense to the young en's. Like them too, but Culhane is very well connected.

Is the position posted anywhere? Does anyone know? Short timeline here ...

scbison91
06-21-2022, 12:35 PM

Now go out get another young hungry guy climbing the ladder. I have no problem with that. Part of what made Jeff special was his connection to the greater sports world outside of ND, and Fargo is the portal through which ND climbs …I am assuming Learfield IMG has a big say in who is hired?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

BISONBRI53
06-21-2022, 12:35 PM
Maybe Beth could move back!!

scottietohottie
06-21-2022, 12:54 PM
Look at that A gap power to the boundary side Phil. You could hear a pin drop when Phil stopped and locked the door. Oh I'd pay money to see Phil and Lee locked in the same booth eh.

El_Chapo
06-21-2022, 01:01 PM
In 1984 you were a fsu fan ok

Hassan Jones, Jesse Soloman = great Vikings players after FSU.

89 was PRIME TIME. PRIME TIME. he was so good

scottietohottie
06-21-2022, 01:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cR-h8FU7rI

scottietohottie
06-21-2022, 01:14 PM
I'm more of a crab legs and screaming vulgar shit from a picnic table fsu fan eh.

scottietohottie
06-21-2022, 01:15 PM
And that's exactly what Culhane is going to do when he gets down there eh.

totoinfl
06-21-2022, 02:16 PM
I can confirm talks are underway for me and lakes to take the helm

not sure if it'll come to fruition though lakes has some weird clauses in his end of the contract. bizaare shit like "17 grapes (red) in the booth", "no one can look me directly in the eyes" and "no fat chicks".

all i asked for a separate booth

I thought they wanted people to listen...I would take the guys from Western Illinois....although by your self Kevin, perhaps you can have guest commentators...like Scottie and Pickled Bess

Kevin
06-21-2022, 02:22 PM

you forgot christian ponder dipshit

Kevin
06-21-2022, 02:24 PM
I thought they wanted people to listen...I would take the guys from Western Illinois....although by your self Kevin, perhaps you can have guest commentators...like Scottie and Pickled Bess

last time scottie cohosted the bison bro's podcast (CAS was in court ordered anger management classes) it just turned into a two hour mix of the proseed halftime report and coast to coast am.

oldmantutters
06-21-2022, 02:39 PM
I wonder if the PxP job will be coupled with the program direct gig at Bison 1660? Wasn't that Culhane's too? I feel like that station could use a bit of a shake up. I'll say it again, I just hope this doesn't mean that Keith Brake is elevated.

Maybe Justin Gaard could be a candidate.

bstark28
06-21-2022, 03:10 PM
I'm curious as to what sort of salary accompanies this move...I have zero clue as to what those high-end P5 schools would shell out for this sort of position, low six figures (~$150k)?

Either way....exciting move for Culhane!

Minimum8Pete
06-21-2022, 04:55 PM
I wonder if the PxP job will be coupled with the program direct gig at Bison 1660? Wasn't that Culhane's too? I feel like that station could use a bit of a shake up. I'll say it again, I just hope this doesn't mean that Keith Brake is elevated.

Maybe Justin Gaard could be a candidate.

from your keyboard, to God's ears

steelbison
06-21-2022, 05:48 PM
Maybe Beth could move back!!

God no!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison03
06-21-2022, 06:35 PM
und grad. hard pass
Nobody tell him that Scotty Miller once called bball and football games at UND. I think Brian Shawn would be a great choice. Would depend if he wants to change his career from being a tv guy to a radio guy.

Bison03
06-21-2022, 06:41 PM
4 more national championships, coach hired to the big 12, another qb drafted at the too of the draft, all resulting in an even higher profile for the program.

El_Chapo
06-21-2022, 06:54 PM
you forgot christian ponder dipshit

I never missed a Ponder game at FSU, dude was fire. Vikings too, AD doesnt get the rushing record without him!!
and we all love Sam Ponder

THEsocalledfan
06-21-2022, 07:51 PM
I never missed a Ponder game at FSU, dude was fire. Vikings too, AD doesnt get the rushing record without him!!
and we all love Sam Ponder

https://i0.wp.com/totalsportsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Crap-on-me-sam-ponder.jpg?w=277&ssl=1

Hands down both the most inappropriate yet hilarious gameday sign of all time.

Herd
06-21-2022, 11:29 PM
Nobody tell him that Scotty Miller once called bball and football games at UND. I think Brian Shawn would be a great choice. Would depend if he wants to change his career from being a tv guy to a radio guy.

Shawn would not thrill me for radio PxP. Would much rather pursue a young #2 guy at a major program. JG with lots of Gopher experience might be good, but excelling at pxp is something that needs to be a passion. Culhane had it.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
06-22-2022, 01:36 PM
Elevate Izzo back to radio as a sacrifice to save the TV broadcasts. Can’t stand Izzo on TV. I wouldn’t mind Brian on TV over Izzo.

Herd
06-22-2022, 04:19 PM
Elevate Izzo back to radio as a sacrifice to save the TV broadcasts. Can’t stand Izzo on TV. I wouldn’t mind Brian on TV over Izzo.

Totally disagree about the TV broadcast. WDAY>ND NBC. No more gimmick broadcast.

And I’ll take Izzy-Emanuel over Shawn-Timmerman.

El_Chapo
06-23-2022, 12:15 AM
Kev. we need to fix this Pilot video before we send it in.

Tony Almeida
06-23-2022, 01:29 AM
Gonna miss Culhane. His was well connected and was perfect for radio. Nobody could match his energy and he was a good interviewer as well. Total package. I say do another national search.

CAS4127
06-23-2022, 03:19 AM
Gonna miss Culhane. His was well connected and was perfect for radio. Nobody could match his energy and he was a good interviewer as well. Total package. I say do another national search.

Agreed. My position is that he both honored Scottie Miller and set the bar higher as far as NDSU on National scale and his work product. Jeff Cullhane was excellant. Big shoes to fill. Let’s get this done right.

Also re: Jeff, I thought/felt he really came into his own the last couple of years on radio shows and his gameday PxP. He was easily FBS LEVEL, hence his new gig! Good luck to him!

Minimum8Pete
06-23-2022, 03:20 PM
Culhane treated his position as though he was at Alabama and is getting a fat promotion because of it. Whoever is next needs to match that. the video/hype guy is the same. If we dont treat ourselves a big time program, how do we expect anyone else to

THEsocalledfan
06-23-2022, 05:10 PM
The only negative I can think of with Culhane was something he had little control over.....JJ leaving which greatly weakened the radio show. When that is the only bad thing you can think of, you know he is a solid guy and deserved this!

TransAmBison
06-23-2022, 05:49 PM
The only negative I can think of with Culhane was something he had little control over.....JJ leaving which greatly weakened the radio show. When that is the only bad thing you can think of, you know he is a solid guy and deserved this!Culhane did a great job. He absolutely deserves this and will be big shoes to fill. That said, I will not miss trot in there baby. Never liked it...but that is a very, very minor thing.

El_Chapo
06-23-2022, 06:06 PM
Culhane did a great job. He absolutely deserves this and will be big shoes to fill. That said, I will not miss trot in there baby. Never liked it...but that is a very, very minor thing.

agree. at FSU he doesn't need a gimmick, he's made it! hope he realizes that.
although with the Seminole he can use "and there is your DAGGER" and not be yelled at.

Herd Mentality
06-23-2022, 06:54 PM
Culhane did a great job. He absolutely deserves this and will be big shoes to fill. That said, I will not miss trot in there baby. Never liked it...but that is a very, very minor thing.

Amen. I hated it. I couldn't even figure out what he was saying the first dozen times he used it. Other than that...good stuff.

Son of a Bison
06-23-2022, 08:49 PM
My favorite Culhane memory was when Sigurd brought a few band members to his house early in the morning (I think on his birthday) and woke him up by blasting their instruments into his bedroom.

southcliffbison
06-24-2022, 04:30 AM

"trot in there" what the hell did that mean ??? I attend all of the games so I don't listen to any radio broadcasts. Trot where? in the endzone???

B.Schlossman Fan Club
06-24-2022, 05:15 AM
Totally disagree about the TV broadcast. WDAY>ND NBC. No more gimmick broadcast.

And I’ll take Izzy-Emanuel over Shawn-Timmerman.
My point wasn’t that WDAY has a worse production than NBC. NBC was embarrassingly bad. WDAY is a huge step up. With Izzo calling games though I rather listen to it on the radio because Izzo is that bad.

Herd
06-24-2022, 09:18 AM
Lived south of KC for several years during bison Pitt State rivalry. The radio guy (Eddie Lomshek) there’s td tagline was, “And Give Him 6”, in a high pitch, whiny, smug voice. It was his thing, and I remember it 25 years later, as I will with Culhane’s. Didn’t like either upon first hearing, but they grow on you, and are solid tags. I’m guessing Culhane’s is so ingrained, he can’t not utter it at FSU.

BisonCardinal
06-24-2022, 12:07 PM
Here is Jeff's call on final play of our Iowa win.

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/283369555

WeAreThePride
06-24-2022, 01:03 PM
"trot in there" what the hell did that mean ??? I attend all of the games so I don't listen to any radio broadcasts. Trot where? in the endzone???

Did that start at Iowa in '16? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I think Horns Up, (insert name) Down might have started there.

The_Sicatoka
06-24-2022, 02:32 PM
I'm no Bison fan, but I could listen to Culhane. He drew a great verbal image of the happenings.

I hereby offer NDSU grad Jack Michaels to you to replace him.

WhoRepsTheLurker
06-24-2022, 02:45 PM
I'm no Bison fan, but I could listen to Culhane. He drew a great verbal image of the happenings.

Hard pass on JM, but I MIGHT take Heinert

Bison Dan
06-24-2022, 02:50 PM

No way in hell. Jack is a terrible announcer IMO. When the hawkers were behind last year which was often you would hardly hear down and distance, score, pass play or running.

The_Sicatoka
06-24-2022, 02:57 PM

Take Jack, please.

I don't think Heinert will be regional much longer. CBSSN, et al, have been sniffing around him.

The_Sicatoka
06-24-2022, 02:59 PM
... you would hardly hear down and distance, score, pass play or running.

You've framed why I can't listen to Jack. (Culhane is markedly better at setting the game.)

Jack's an NDSU alumnus so you may take him back into the fold. :)

Professor Chaos
06-24-2022, 03:05 PM
Here is Jeff's call on final play of our Iowa win.

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/283369555
That's gotta be his #1 call as the voice of the Bison but his call of the Pick of Destiny has to be right up there close to it: https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/status/1472289794042564614

You can see the nerves on the video feed more than you can hear it in his voice. :D

Bison Dan
06-24-2022, 03:08 PM
You've framed why I can't listen to Jack. (Culhane is markedly better at setting the game.)

Jack's an NDSU alumnus so you may take him back into the fold. :)

The best part of JM is after a loss it's like a morgue on the radio. You would think someone shot his dog.

Hammerhead
06-24-2022, 03:32 PM
The best part of JM is after a loss it's like a morgue on the radio. You would think someone shot his dog.

That's why we like listening to Paul Allen on the radio while watching the Vikings on TV. He's a homer and voices the disappointment with losses that we are also feeling. :(

mtoutfitter
06-24-2022, 06:27 PM
That's gotta be his #1 call as the voice of the Bison but his call of the Pick of Destiny has to be right up there close to it: https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/status/1472289794042564614

You can see the nerves on the video feed more than you can hear it in his voice. :D

Great call....great moment in the dome as well!!

bajadanny
06-24-2022, 07:10 PM
Please no to Jack M

B.Schlossman Fan Club
06-27-2022, 09:40 PM

Why are you listening to UND football games? I really don’t have an opinion of JM because honestly don’t even know what he sounds like on the radio.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
06-27-2022, 09:42 PM

Heinert would be a great replacement for TV and move Izzo to radio. Seriously hope they are taking Jeff’s replacement seriously. I don’t think I can survive another KVLY-esk period of time…..

El_Chapo
06-28-2022, 03:21 AM
Go find a star Nancy. don't settle on someone from around here.

ps congrats Jeff on becoming a father again last weekend

eman
07-25-2022, 06:48 PM

Has anyone heard any rumblings of who will replace Jeff? Or even what the plan is? Its tough to listen too without Jeff on there!

Civil06
07-25-2022, 06:53 PM
Has anyone heard any rumblings of who will replace Jeff? Or even what the plan is? Its tough to listen too without Jeff on there!

Early word was a national search. Zach Staton's name had been brought up here. He resigned from WDAY but will be moving to Virginia, so he's out.

HerdBot
07-25-2022, 06:58 PM

Not sure but they need someone to run 1660 and be the PBP guy. Makes it a little tougher. I was hoping for Brian Shawn if they don't do a national search

HerdBot
07-25-2022, 08:01 PM

It's not always greener on the other side of the hill. Even in the old days, we took a guy named Ed Schultz who was from around here. So was Scotty Miller. And Culhane had roots in the midwest, so it's not like we got him from Jamaica.

MankatoBison
07-25-2022, 08:18 PM
Gotta Think Brian Shawn is on the short list. No idea how he is as a radio host but I didnt have any complaints with him on TV doing pbp.

But to dampen expectations, this is probably Keith Brakes position to lose. Already does the radio bit, already does pbp, and from my experience, he puts in a ton of effort prepping for his pbp games.

I just dont want him because of how much he hates the average person from ND. I don't expect everyone on tv or radio to go to my church or vote the same as me, but a radio guy should be able to talk about FCS college football without telling you that you're a terrible person because you disagree with him politically- and Keith brake is physically unable to do that. he is just far too important, brilliant, stunning, brave and moral to deprive us of his political takes during his analysis of Indiana state Sycamore offensive line depth.

I have no idea how Scotty miller voted. I have no idea about Kolpack or Culhane, or riekhoff. And thats the way it should be for sports personalities. But I know exactly how Keith and Dom vote lol. Pretty astonishing the balls it takes for someone who watches college FB for a living telling us country yokels how to live our lives because they have a degree in *checks notes... broadcast journalism.

Anyways, point is, I think it will be Keith Brake.

BISONBRI53
07-25-2022, 09:11 PM
Gotta Think Brian Shawn is on the short list. No idea how he is as a radio host but I didnt have any complaints with him on TV doing pbp.

But to dampen expectations, this is probably Keith Brakes position to lose. Already does the radio bit, already does pbp, and from my experience, he puts in a ton of effort prepping for his pbp games.

I just dont want him because of how much he hates the average person from ND. I don't expect everyone on tv or radio to go to my church or vote the same as me, but a radio guy should be able to talk about FCS college football without telling you that you're a terrible person because you disagree with him politically- and Keith brake is physically unable to do that. he is just far too important, brilliant, stunning, brave and moral to deprive us of his political takes during his analysis of Indiana state Sycamore offensive line depth.

I have no idea how Scotty miller voted. I have no idea about Kolpack or Culhane, or riekhoff. And thats the way it should be for sports personalities. But I know exactly how Keith and Dom vote lol. Pretty astonishing the balls it takes for someone who watches college FB for a living telling us country yokels how to live our lives because they have a degree in *checks notes... broadcast journalism.

Anyways, point is, I think it will be Keith Brake.

I agree. Don't know him at all but listening to his show from 4-6 is tough. With all his NERD tidbits on Dungeons and Dragon's and his cartoons are SUPER annoying!!!!

The_Sicatoka
07-25-2022, 09:48 PM
I already offered y'all your solution (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?42453-Jeff-Culhane-to-FLORIDA-STATE-congrats&p=1573737#post1573737). :bow: :frog:

eman
07-25-2022, 09:49 PM
I agree. Don't know him at all but listening to his show from 4-6 is tough. With all his NERD tidbits on Dungeons and Dragon's and his cartoons are SUPER annoying!!!!

I agree, i sure hope its not Brake! he's like listening to nails on a chalkboard! Not much time before the first game, you would think they would have someone by now. Whoever it is needs to get familiarized with things, which scares me that it might be Brake!! Not a fan of Andy either he really says some dumb shit sometimes! I got the hint that even Jeff was annoyed with him at times during the show!

The_Sicatoka
07-25-2022, 09:52 PM
I have no idea how Scotty miller voted. I have no idea about Kolpack or Culhane, or riekhoff. And thats the way it should be for sports personalities. But I know exactly how Keith and Dom vote lol.

Schlossman (he has a fan here somewhere) leaves no mystery either. Most guys are more vocal than they should be. Sports should be the escape.

AKCBOXERZ
07-25-2022, 10:07 PM
I vote no on Keith Brake.. How does one secure his vote so it's not "mismanaged" in the voting machines?

TransAmBison
07-26-2022, 12:01 AM
I vote no on Keith Brake.. How does one secure his vote so it's not "mismanaged" in the voting machines?

Don't buy into silly propaganda and your vote will be fine

Herd
07-26-2022, 12:44 AM
JG on Kfan would be great on 1660, and has worked the Gopher broadcast, but not sure he can do PxP at a high level.

TAILG8R
07-26-2022, 01:04 AM
JG on Kfan would be great on 1660, and has worked the Gopher broadcast, but not sure he can do PxP at a high level.

He likes NDSU too.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
07-26-2022, 01:40 AM

We cannot have an elite radio broadcast for our elite program if we pick Keith Brake to replace Jeff. I agree with Chapo we need a nation wide search to find the next elite voice talent.

Honestly I’ll need a Break if I have to listen to Brake…. But i listen to radio to avoid Izzo’s terrible tv play by play…… I hope I don’t have this dilemma! I say hire riekhoff to get brake to quit, I can’t listen to their show because brake talks down to Andy and it gets very annoying, if I wanted to listen to smug I’d listen to Bill Oreilly’s podcast….

B.Schlossman Fan Club
07-26-2022, 01:42 AM
Schlossman (he has a fan here somewhere) leaves no mystery either. Most guys are more vocal than they should be. Sports should be the escape.

How dare you talk bad about the media legend up in elforko! He is the best you have up there….

CAS4127
07-26-2022, 02:32 AM

Good luck with the vote—but don’t hold your breath.

Also, I was chastised/scorned here about a year ago when I said that Brake keeping on what he is espousing would lead to dissent among Bison fans/supporters. Hmmm?? Crazy I am.

bisonaudit
07-26-2022, 02:47 AM
So, do we want a national search or an ideological purity test?

scottietohottie
07-26-2022, 03:20 AM

As long as they're an African American woman.

mtoutfitter
07-26-2022, 03:53 AM

Must spread Rep....:judges:

EC8CH
07-26-2022, 12:22 PM

He's lying to you ya know.

EC8CH
07-26-2022, 12:25 PM

Maybe the Federalist Society can give us a list of names we have to pick from?

MankatoBison
07-26-2022, 12:33 PM

Yes officer, I'd like to report a murder

HerdBot
07-26-2022, 02:54 PM
Brake is solid at basketball but he doesnt have a lot of experience in football broadcasting. I dont think he has fully developed his style yet. Sometimes when i listen to basketball I feel like he's holding back his emotions which comes across a bit anti climatic. I think he needs to continue to hone his skills. I think he would be a great program director

Reichhoff is a cool dude but hes just too inexperienced

In all fairness, I wasnt a fan of Jeff's style at first but he improved rapidly and now he's up there with Scotty

tjamz
07-26-2022, 04:36 PM
I nominate CAS for play-by-play. I'll provide (off)color commentary

Kevin
07-26-2022, 04:43 PM

Are they going to pay you in lithium or something? How do you expect to avoid the IRS when they issue the W2?

tjamz
07-26-2022, 04:48 PM
Are they going to pay you in lithium or something? How do you expect to avoid the IRS when they issue the W2?

I'm a pastor at a local church, the almighty Rev B0b Johnson had me ordained just last week. Basically 1660 will pay the church (TOHBTC) and I, being the charitable person I am, will donate my time thereby making it a tax write-off for all involved.

Kev, you gotta stop hanging out with Scottie. #DoMathNotMeth

TransAmBison
07-26-2022, 08:23 PM

This has my vote. CAS in the booth would be awesome...and tjamz would be perfect to get him going.

Kevin
07-26-2022, 09:01 PM
I'm a pastor at a local church, the almighty Rev B0b Johnson had me ordained just last week. Basically 1660 will pay the church (TOHBTC) and I, being the charitable person I am, will donate my time thereby making it a tax write-off for all involved.

Kev, you gotta stop hanging out with Scottie. #DoMathNotMeth

Somewhere ECEH8H's head just exploded like in The Boys.

Bison03
07-26-2022, 09:42 PM
Matt Larson was on the Insiders and said a search is going on and that they hope to name someone soon as obviously time is closing in with the first game just over a month away. I vote is for Brian Shawn. He obviously knows the program and has called Bison games for years. Im sure he could be a great program director for 1660 and is always good when he is on the insiders so would be a great host of that ahow.

The_Sicatoka
07-26-2022, 09:55 PM
How dare you talk bad about the media legend up in elforko! He is the best you have up there….

Alex Heinert on line one for you.

The_Sicatoka
07-26-2022, 09:57 PM

They'll do the first, then make the decision using the second as the criteria.

bisonaudit
07-26-2022, 09:59 PM
They'll do the first, then make the decision using the second as the criteria.

How refreshing.

EC8CH
07-26-2022, 10:13 PM
Somewhere ECEH8H's head just exploded like in The Boys.

I'm supposed to be shocked that religion is an often used tax scam?

Kevin
07-26-2022, 11:01 PM
I'm supposed to be shocked that religion is an often used tax scam?

In this case tax scamming is being used as a religion.

CAS4127
07-27-2022, 02:19 AM
How refreshing.

It is! Glad to see you’re coming around to more of a decent, respectful perspective on things.

bisonaudit
07-27-2022, 02:39 AM
It is! Glad to see you’re coming around to more of a decent, respectful perspective on things.

I guess I need to start using the purple font again.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
07-27-2022, 03:22 AM
Alex Heinert on line one for you.

Brad’s sweet headband is on line 2 to tell you that you are WRONG!

Bisonator98
07-27-2022, 01:10 PM
Not sure BShawn wants the job with his health issues but he'd be my first choice. Doubt Brake has any shot at it, he's a bit too young and has a ways to go yet in the experience category. Anybody but Jack Michaels please!

Mr Meaty
07-27-2022, 01:56 PM
Not sure BShawn wants the job with his health issues but he'd be my first choice. Doubt Brake has any shot at it, he's a bit too young and has a ways to go yet in the experience category. Anybody but Jack Michaels please!

Lee Timmerman?????

bajadanny
07-27-2022, 05:04 PM
No to Jack Micheals! That would be unlistenable

Bisonator98
07-27-2022, 05:10 PM
[/B]
Lee Timmerman?????

Ok and him haha

eman
07-27-2022, 05:32 PM
Ok and him haha

Well I texted the show yesterday with the question, and Matt Larson said they have a lot of very qualified applicants and will be making a decision inside of the next two weeks!!

El_Chapo
07-27-2022, 07:15 PM
better be a National Search

tjamz
07-27-2022, 07:29 PM
Alex Heinert on line one for you.Who's she?

Kevin
07-27-2022, 09:34 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/6o477v.jpg

tjamz
07-27-2022, 10:36 PM
This has my vote. CAS in the booth would be awesome...and tjamz would be perfect to get him going.Who, me? [emoji56]

MankatoBison
07-29-2022, 01:30 PM
Well I texted the show yesterday with the question, and Matt Larson said they have a lot of very qualified applicants and will be making a decision inside of the next two weeks!!

I text very simple questions every time ML is on the show and shocker of all shockers, 1660 runs cover for him. We get answers about his favorite ice cream flavor instead of asking basic, fundamental questions like:

"gene taylor once indicated that FCS would no longer be tenable if the other aspirational programs like NDSU start leaving. Now that vast majority of the aspirational programs have left, do you believe that Gene was wrong, And if not, what are you doing internally to move up beyond building new buildings, which NDSU was going to build regardless?"

"Would you agree that there is an operational, cultural, financial and competitive distinction between the P5 and G5? Yes, I agree as well. You've stated in the past that 'NDSU will always be in the 2nd tier of CFB'... Given that we all agree that the G5 and P5 are distinct in every way that matters, explain how you believe that the FCS is the 2nd tier of college football currently?"

SOMEHOW.... my questions never get asked.
Its actually astonishing to me that not one single media member has EVER had a simple follow up question to any of ML's propaganda. I'm asking for like... 1% transparency, even if I dont like the answer. But just be honest, and stop hiding behind these meaningless platitudes like "we're going to put ourselves in the best position going forward"... ok? define what you mean by 'best position'? Best position for what exactly? If nothing is wrong with the state of the FCS, which you have indicated many times, why do you feel the need to 'prepare for 'what's coming' at all?

This is like page 1 of intro to journalism stuff here, and yall act like we have no right to demand answers to basic questions from our extremely highly paid public employees lol

Bison Dan
07-29-2022, 02:00 PM
I text very simple questions every time ML is on the show and shocker of all shockers, 1660 runs cover for him. We get answers about his favorite ice cream flavor instead of asking basic, fundamental questions like:

"gene taylor once indicated that FCS would no longer be tenable if the other aspirational programs like NDSU start leaving. Now that vast majority of the aspirational programs have left, do you believe that Gene was wrong, And if not, what are you doing internally to move up beyond building new buildings, which NDSU was going to build regardless?"

"Would you agree that there is an operational, cultural, financial and competitive distinction between the P5 and G5? Yes, I agree as well. You've stated in the past that 'NDSU will always be in the 2nd tier of CFB'... Given that we all agree that the G5 and P5 are distinct in every way that matters, explain how you believe that the FCS is the 2nd tier of college football currently?"

Its actually astonishing to me that not one single media member has EVER had a simple follow up question to any of ML's propaganda. I'm asking for like... 1% transparency, even if I dont like the answer. But just be honest, and stop hiding behind these meaningless platitudes like "we're going to put ourselves in the best position going forward"... ok? define what you mean by 'best position'? Best position for what exactly? If nothing is wrong with the state of the FCS, which you have indicated many times, why do you feel the need to 'prepare for 'what's coming' at all?

This is like page 1 of intro to journalism stuff here, and yall act like we have no right to demand answers to basic questions from our extremely highly paid public employees lol

You're never going to be satisfied, we get it you hate ML. It's not hard to understand "best position going froward" Be the best in FCS and be prepared for a jump to FBS it the conference fits.

bisonaudit
07-29-2022, 02:05 PM

Yes, of course you aren’t going to get difficult question on 1660. But, perhaps also no one is asking these questions at the moment because 1) they’ve already been asked and answered (clearly not to everyone’s satisfaction), 2) the situation hasn’t changed materially, 3) the people involved on both sides (media and university) understand that it doesn’t benefit either of them to keep going over this ground in public, 4) the answers are perfectly obvious to anyone who’s paying attention.

THEsocalledfan
07-29-2022, 03:03 PM
Yes, of course you aren’t going to get difficult question on 1660. But, perhaps also no one is asking these questions at the moment because 1) they’ve already been asked and answered (clearly not to everyone’s satisfaction), 2) the situation hasn’t changed materially, 3) the people involved on both sides (media and university) understand that it doesn’t benefit either of them to keep going over this ground in public, 4) the answers are perfectly obvious to anyone who’s paying attention.

Don't agree with Audit often, but he hit this one out of the park.

Rixen
07-29-2022, 04:10 PM
Probably deserves it's own thread as well but seems relevant.

Keith Brake announced he is leaving FM Radio August 12th and then shortly after said that TODAY is his last day. On computer instead of phone so don't have the Twitter link. No bitterness in the departure message but did sound like it was primarily for his own physical/mental health.

Best of luck to Keith and now we get to chase down TWO radio/PxP personalities.

Kevin
07-29-2022, 04:27 PM

Keith Brake announced he is leaving FM Radio August 12th and then shortly after said that TODAY is his last day. On computer instead of phone so don't have the Twitter link. No bitterness in the departure message but did sound like it was primarily for his own physical/mental health.

i know a couple of guys who are free after meth harvest bro

MankatoBison
07-29-2022, 05:01 PM

This is an alley-oop for you. a free opportunity to posterize me into oblivion.

1. These follow up questions have been asked and answered before? interesting! please show me where these 2 questions were asked or answered. Should be easy, just post a link or a audio link or something.

2. The situation hasnt changed materially? are you suggesting the landscape of the FCS and CFB broadly hasnt changed dramatically in the last decade and/or especially in the last year? I didnt imagine you would give me a flat earther style of argument, but here we are. But again, If i'm wrong, you can simply explain how the FCS and CFB has NOT changed materially. Again, should be super easy for you since Im simply imagining all of the recent earthshaking changes in college football, like NIL, 40+ teams changing conferences, JMU/JSU/SHSU leaving FCS, USC/UCLA going to the B1G etc. I hate when accidentally make up entire years of CFB news cycles in my head, out of thin air!

3. You indicate that its not beneficial to KEEP going over this.... Im not asking them to go over it AGAIN, I'm asking them to go over it ONCE. Refer to #1. If you can show me where they have already answered these questions, it would be so devastating to my viewpoint, I would delete my account. again, just link where these questions have been answered before and I'll delete it today.

4. Its perfectly obvious to anyone paying attention? Please enlighten us with the answer to these questions that are apparently so obvious? please. If its obvious, already been answered, has been discussed over and over again, please just copy and past the answer ML has given for my two questions.

You argue that these questions have been answered ad nauseum, AND that the answers are so obvious that it has never required an answer- which is why they have never answered it. Which one is it? cant have both. The mental gymnastics required to make your argument just sent me to the chiropractor.

But again, all ya gotta do is show me any evidence that ML has answered whether or not he believes Gene is wrong, or about when ML has discussed the fact that knowing that the G5/P5 are distinct, how the FCS is the 2nd tier of CFB. Ive searched and have not found anything on Gobison, forum, twitter or BMZ! Looking forward to hearing what news source you have that can acquire such specific insider information!
I'm Looking forward to being posterized!

ByeSonBusiness
07-29-2022, 06:35 PM

Sounds like you are looking to make the guy testify under oath in an adversarial setting. That could happen in a court room, but it probably ain't gonna happen on NDSU Pravda.

Maybe WSJ or some other big national outlet could get away with asking hard/specific questions, but local guys? They rely on NDSU for access for content. They aren't gonna push hard on the AD.

bisonaudit
07-29-2022, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you are looking to make the guy testify under oath in an adversarial setting. That could happen in a court room, but it probably ain't gonna happen on NDSU Pravda.

Maybe WSJ or some other big national outlet could get away with asking hard/specific questions, but local guys? They rely on NDSU for access for content. They aren't gonna push hard on the AD.

No, he’s just looking to be the biggest dick possible while going back over the same old “why haven’t we moved up to FCS yet” ground.

That or he’s one of those “New York City! Get a rope.” guys from the old salsa commercials.

AKBison
07-29-2022, 08:49 PM

I'm guessing he is pissed he didn't make the final cut. Good riddance, politics and sports don't mix.

Hammerhead
07-29-2022, 08:54 PM
I'm guessing he is pissed he didn't make the final cut. Good riddance, politics and sports don't mix.

I'm sure we have some mass communication majors who could do radio broadcasts like most FCS teams.

bisonaudit
07-29-2022, 08:56 PM
I'm sure we have some mass communication majors who could to radio broadcasts like most FCS teams.

Just as long as they have all the proper opinions it doesn’t matter if they have any skill or experience.

EC8CH
07-29-2022, 08:58 PM
I'm sure we have some mass communication majors who could to radio broadcasts like most FCS teams.

What did that guy from Western Illinois call himself?!?!?

Give that smooth talking sonovabitch the job.

The_Sicatoka
07-29-2022, 09:32 PM
Which Fargo station does KB end up on Monday morning?

HerdBot
07-29-2022, 09:44 PM

He could be on with Scott Hennen

Buthockey
07-30-2022, 12:19 AM
Just as long as they have all the proper opinions it doesn’t matter if they have any skill or experience.
But you gotta agree that he seemed to young to be an effective Keith eh?

Bison03
07-30-2022, 05:25 AM
I bet he wanted to be Culhane’s replacement and didnt get it, and doesn’t want to be second fiddle anymore!

El_Chapo
07-30-2022, 12:41 PM
Keith can leave Fargo & take Andy's Dickoff with him.
Start completely over.

scottietohottie
07-30-2022, 01:29 PM
Is Keith that little kid in the suit?

HerdBot
07-30-2022, 06:14 PM
Start completely over.

I like Andy

mtoutfitter
07-30-2022, 06:23 PM
Start completely over.

I'll fix that for you." Keith can leave and take Lakes with him" In fact someone should start a poll on who they'd rather see leave....Lakes or Andy.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
07-30-2022, 06:56 PM
He could be on with Scott Hennen

Keith couldn’t last 30 seconds in room with Hennen before his head would explode! Was listening to his show Thursday and he totally dismissed a caller who made a comment about why nascar would bring a race to Chicago and if they would all need bullet proof vests. You can tell that comment bothered brake but he did bite his tongue after that one response. Seriously if a joke about Chicago bothers you then you seriously need to leave!

B.Schlossman Fan Club
07-30-2022, 07:13 PM

His head was too big to not know he was going to get the job. Or maybe that premier ETSU job opened up. Honestly not going to miss his fake fandom, if he was really a NDSU fan he would have stayed. He can pretend to be a fan somewhere else. We need someone with some NDSU roots to take over the microphone, not these wannabe nobodies.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
07-30-2022, 07:14 PM

KFGO, would get along great with big Joel!

HerdBot
07-31-2022, 01:16 AM
His head was too big to not know he was going to get the job. Or maybe that premier ETSU job opened up. Honestly not going to miss his fake fandom, if he was really a NDSU fan he would have stayed. He can pretend to be a fan somewhere else. We need someone with some NDSU roots to take over the microphone, not these wannabe nobodies.

I dont think we have ever had an announcer who was a fan. Scotty Miller was at UND. I think Shawn went to UND. Ed Schulz was a QB at Moorhead State and then he was an announcer for NDSU and UND. Culhane is from South Dakota. Jack Michaels may actually be a fan since he went to NDSU, but he is UNDs pxp guy. There are only 2 big time jobs in North Dakota.

Now i think most announcers become fans because they live and breathe it for years. Keith spent 6 years doing it and much more in depth than previous announcers. 6 years of radio shows, interviews, pre game, half time and post game shows. Interviews with every coach, not only on NDSU but most head coaches in the Valley. He knew his stuff

CAS4127
07-31-2022, 02:33 AM
I dont think we have ever had an announcer who was a fan. Scotty Miller was at UND. I think Shawn went to UND. Ed Schulz was a QB at Moorhead State and then he was an announcer for NDSU and UND. Culhane is from South Dakota. Jack Michaels may actually be a fan since he went to NDSU, but he is UNDs pxp guy. There are only 2 big time jobs in North Dakota.

Now i think most announcers become fans because they live and breathe it for years. Keith spent 6 years doing it and much more in depth than previous announcers. 6 years of radio shows, interviews, pre game, half time and post game shows. Interviews with every coach, not only on NDSU but most head coaches in the Valley. He knew his stuff

You meant, Jeff C., right?

NDSU92
07-31-2022, 03:46 PM

Yeah the dude worked his ass off for NDSU. I know some people didn’t like him but I think it’s ridiculous to be dancing on the grave of a guy who worked so hard to help give NDSU literally the best radio coverage of any school in the country. I’d guess none of us here know the actual reason he quit, maybe he was told he was getting a pay cut to boot or getting double responsibility during the replacement search. “If he’s a fan he would’ve stayed” lol. It’s a business, obviously often a thankless one, and he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.

I guess that’s what we do these days, find people who don’t align with our beliefs and then relish in their setbacks. Even when that setback affects us. I hope this doesn’t mean bad things for 1660…

AKBison
07-31-2022, 04:04 PM
Yeah the dude worked his ass off for NDSU. I know some people didn’t like him but I think it’s ridiculous to be dancing on the grave of a guy who worked so hard to help give NDSU literally the best radio coverage of any school in the country. I’d guess none of us here know the actual reason he quit, maybe he was told he was getting a pay cut to boot or getting double responsibility during the replacement search. “If he’s a fan he would’ve stayed” lol. It’s a business, obviously often a thankless one, and he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.

I guess that’s what we do these days, find people who don’t align with our beliefs and then relish in their setbacks. Even when that setback affects us. I hope this doesn’t mean bad things for 1660…

It has nothing to do with "our" beliefs and has more to do with espousing any beliefs. The US is so polarized that most of us are just desperate for sports talk without the politics. I have no idea what Culhane or Kolpacks politics are. Izzo let's it slip by now and then but it is not the focus of his content so no big deal. Brake made it part of his show, and I haven't listened to him in 1.5 years.

HerdBot
07-31-2022, 05:04 PM

We willl never know but my uneducated guess says he was looking at this as a long term opportunity but Culhane left sooner than expected and before Keith was ready.
Maybe he doesn't see a path soon enough. Obviously they wanted him to do an insane amount of work with a new guy coming in. But not getting the voice of the Bison job isn't a slight. Its a big time job. There are many big time guys with more experience than Keith that won't get it. Then again I could be way off and maybe they offered him and gave him a lowball offer. Maybe they didn't want him or the new guy wanted his own team. Maybe they wanted to change his radio show?

Either way I hope he stays in the industry

B.Schlossman Fan Club
07-31-2022, 05:36 PM

Not saying the play by play guy needs to be a fan of NDSU but I would hope the guys running the talk shows are. If you think you are bigger than NDSU then see ya! NDSU made him just as relevant as his own doing. Seriously where else is he going to go? What other FCS school has their own radio station supported by enough listeners to make the station viable? Seriously don’t get the lack of loyalty. Good luck being a nobody!

TAILG8R
07-31-2022, 06:35 PM
Not saying the play by play guy needs to be a fan of NDSU but I would hope the guys running the talk shows are. If you think you are bigger than NDSU then see ya! NDSU made him just as relevant as his own doing. Seriously where else is he going to go? What other FCS school has their own radio station supported by enough listeners to make the station viable? Seriously don’t get the lack of loyalty. Good luck being a nobody!That's interesting because I don't want them to be fans. I want them to be knowledgeable but deliver unbiased, honest info and insight on the program.

Being a fan or an employee tends to make for rather repetitive boring takes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kevin
07-31-2022, 06:57 PM
Radio is for boomers anyway it’s like the phone book except voices floating through the air.

Give it 3-5 years and it’s a dead medium bro.

Except ham radio that’s cool and after the next fake pandemic/rigged election it’s going to be the only way to stream info wars.

HerdBot
07-31-2022, 08:47 PM
Radio is for boomers anyway it’s like the phone book except voices floating through the air.

Except ham radio that’s cool and after the next fake pandemic/rigged election it’s going to be the only way to stream info wars.

Not at all . TV is dead, except for LIVE sports. Radio is dead, except for LIVE sports. I think podcasts are simply replacing radio. Also with streaming apps, radio can now be broadcast anywhere in the world

bajadanny
07-31-2022, 09:35 PM
It has nothing to do with "our" beliefs and has more to do with espousing any beliefs. The US is so polarized that most of us are just desperate for sports talk without the politics. I have no idea what Culhane or Kolpacks politics are. Izzo let's it slip by now and then but it is not the focus of his content so no big deal. Brake made it part of his show, and I haven't listened to him in 1.5 years.

Try reading Kolpacks book, I put it down and never picked it up again
To much políticas

bisonaudit
07-31-2022, 10:03 PM
Try reading Kolpacks book, I put it down and never picked it up again
To much políticas

which one he’s got at least three?

taper
07-31-2022, 10:43 PM

Congrats for the most ignorant post of the year. 1660 wouldn't exist if people didn't listen to it, and advertisers know it. Ads won't fund media sources that don't reach people, and 1660 is amazingly successful.

Kevin
08-01-2022, 12:23 AM
which one he’s got at least three?

The one about politicas.

Sun Bison
08-01-2022, 12:37 AM

Hahahaha nice. It just declared bankruptcy protection.

El_Chapo
08-01-2022, 01:22 AM
Jeff was great to NDSU. Keith was a nice guy but awful to listen too. Andy is awful, time for some new blood nationally or Kyle E takes it seriously & actually goes for it.

EC8CH
08-01-2022, 12:52 PM
Hahahaha nice. It just declared bankruptcy protection.

Less about number of listeners, more about escaping consequences of vile lies.

MankatoBison
08-01-2022, 01:46 PM

Correct. I want the Insiders to be a show about the Bison, not the bison with a heaping scoop of _______ propaganda. I'm not mad at McFeeley for being political, hes literally paid to be a political pot stirrer. Doesnt bother me at all!

Its always surprising (and not surprising at the same) that every time someone says that they want _____ form of entertainment to be politically agnostic (no political opinion at all), the other side starts screaming about "why are you bringing politics into this?!?!" when what we're really asking for is to get politics OUT of this. I dont give a Sh*t who you voted for, just dont tell me about it on your sports show, even if I agree with you! I dont want every form of entertainment to be a slightly different version of Fox or CNN. You dont want to have the republican Bison channel and the liberal Bison channel- lets just have the Bison channel, lol

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-01-2022, 04:14 PM
That's interesting because I don't want them to be fans. I want them to be knowledgeable but deliver unbiased, honest info and insight on the program.

Being a fan or an employee tends to make for rather repetitive boring takes.

Maybe “fan” is the wrong word. I think having a NDSU connection is what would bring value to 1660. I don’t think someone with a connection to NDSU would necessarily bring biased coverage or opinions. Keith still had some biased opinions and became a fan of NDSU. Does that mean it is a good think he is leaving because we couldn’t rely on him for unbiased opinions?

AKBison
08-01-2022, 04:24 PM
Maybe “fan” is the wrong word. I think having a NDSU connection is what would bring value to 1660. I don’t think someone with a connection to NDSU would necessarily bring biased coverage or opinions. Keith still had some biased opinions and became a fan of NDSU. Does that mean it is a good think he is leaving because we couldn’t rely on him for unbiased opinions?

Regional connection is important as well. It certainly helped that Culhane grew up a Twins/Vikings fan and maintained his connections to the Nebraska radio crew. Speaking of that, maybe I'm in a minority here but I actually kind of enjoyed the occasional Husker football update. Our fan bases are similar and they are the closest historical P5 power. I also liked Jorgy's perspective and updates on the Montana schools as well.

THEsocalledfan
08-01-2022, 04:53 PM
Regional connection is important as well. It certainly helped that Culhane grew up a Twins/Vikings fan and maintained his connections to the Nebraska radio crew. Speaking of that, maybe I'm in a minority here but I actually kind of enjoyed the occasional Husker football update. Our fan bases are similar and they are the closest historical P5 power. I also liked Jorgy's perspective and updates on the Montana schools as well.

Jorgy's knowledge of FCS as a whole was extremely difficult to replace. Show was never as good after he left. Haven't even bothered to listen yet since Culhane left....

Back then, they both were real "insiders." More of a stretch now.

bisonaudit
08-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Jorgy's knowledge of FCS as a whole was extremely difficult to replace. Show was never as good after he left. Haven't even bothered to listen yet since Culhane left....

Back then, they both were real "insiders." More of a stretch now.

”Insiders” I like that with the quotes. The whole notion is kind of a joke in that what’s actually going on is the organization is controlling what is disclosed and therefore keeping the audience on the outside.

THEsocalledfan
08-02-2022, 05:28 PM
”Insiders” I like that with the quotes. The whole notion is kind of a joke in that what’s actually going on is the organization is controlling what is disclosed and therefore keeping the audience on the outside.

That is certainly true, particularly regarding possibly unpopular/sensitive topics, but there used to be some insider info that was useful. A great example I remember was Jeremy talking about B1G non-con scheduling and how that affected NDSU in trying to get games (which he was in charge of). That was very good info and was not just excuses from the department.

HerdBot
08-02-2022, 05:45 PM
The season kicks off in 1 month and 1 day and we don't have any announcers. They've known since June 20th. If they don't fill it soon, that's quite the failure. These new guys are going to have to learn so much, so fast

Hammerhead
08-02-2022, 07:23 PM
The season kicks off in 1 month and 1 day and we don't have any announcers. They've known since June 20th. If they don't fill it soon, that's quite the failure. These new guys are going to have to learn so much, so fast

Is Bison 1660 in total control of hiring the radio announcers?

NDSU92
08-02-2022, 07:27 PM

And if we're taking someone else's, that school is going to be left in a pretty big bind. Maybe they've been unable to find someone that will satisfy Bisonville so they're just going to skip announcers this year.

Hammerhead
08-02-2022, 07:30 PM
And if we're taking someone else's, that school is going to be left in a pretty big bind. Maybe they've been unable to find someone that will satisfy Bisonville so they're just going to skip announcers this year.

Just play stadium noise so you have to turn down your radio when cheering is loud or after every time you hear: After the carry, that's another BISON! - First Down!

HerdBot
08-02-2022, 09:07 PM

They could hire a super fast typist and then have a computer generated voice. Might be tough to generate rapport with Phil Hanson though.

Hammerhead
08-02-2022, 09:16 PM
They could hire a super fast typist and then have a computer generated voice. Might be tough to generate rapport with Phil Hanson though.

Only if it's the same computerized voice Stephen Hawking used. Or maybe the original Star Trek computer like this.

Peyton rushes 4 yards to the 25 yard line. <clickety clack noises> Second down and <short pause> 4 yards to go. <more clacking noises>

HerdBot
08-02-2022, 11:52 PM
Only if it's the same computerized voice Stephen Hawking used. Or maybe the original Star Trek computer like this.

Peyton rushes 4 yards to the 25 yard line. <clickety clack noises> Second down and <short pause> 4 yards to go. <more clacking noises>

I was thinking like the computer voice in War Games

TAILG8R
08-02-2022, 11:54 PM
Is Bison 1660 in total control of hiring the radio announcers?I can't imagine so no but I don't have any proof of that.

bisonaudit
08-03-2022, 12:22 AM
I was thinking like the computer voice in War Games

”Would you like to play a game?”

I don’t think that would go over though. Likes ties too much.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-04-2022, 05:22 PM
Why wouldn’t Izzo be a good replacement for Jeff? He could easily slip into 1660 with his radio show. Already knows the program and is decent to listen to (on the radio). I feel like if you want to plug and play someone he would be the guy. He could mentor the young talent in Andy and Kyle. Something needs to get figured out fast because 1660 is kind of dead and flat right now.

ByeSonBusiness
08-04-2022, 05:37 PM
”Would you like to play a game?”

I don’t think that would go over though. Likes ties too much.

A strange game, the only winning move is not to play.

AKBison
08-04-2022, 07:25 PM
Why wouldn’t Izzo be a good replacement for Jeff? He could easily slip into 1660 with his radio show. Already knows the program and is decent to listen to (on the radio). I feel like if you want to plug and play someone he would be the guy. He could mentor the young talent in Andy and Kyle. Something needs to get figured out fast because 1660 is kind of dead and flat right now.

I don't know. I'm not big on his TV pxp, but maybe he would be better on the radio??? He would definitely take 1660 to new heights.

HerdBot
08-04-2022, 07:48 PM

I suppose they could simulcast the WDAY show and do the Insiders. Would be beneficial to all. Finding a TV announcer is much easier than radio.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-04-2022, 07:50 PM
I don't know. I'm not big on his TV pxp, but maybe he would be better on the radio??? He would definitely take 1660 to new heights.

His TV announcing sounds like he is on the radio. Perfect fit!

The_Sicatoka
08-04-2022, 08:42 PM
NDSU's PxP guy will not be Brian Shawn.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/brian-shawn-to-become-new-tv-play-by-play-voice-of-und-football

NDGooch
08-04-2022, 08:43 PM
Well we can put the Brian Shawn hope to bed. He is the new voice of UND football for Midco.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/brian-shawn-will-become-new-tv-play-by-play-voice-of-und-football

I guess I wasn't fast enough. :)

NDSU1980
08-04-2022, 10:50 PM
Since we are getting so late in the year, what are the chances they go with an interim announcer for one year and then search for some outstanding caller next year? I'd say a lot of people that would otherwise apply won't because they are committed to the program they are at for the upcoming season.

HerdBot
08-05-2022, 12:05 AM
Since we are getting so late in the year, what are the chances they go with an interim announcer for one year and then search for some outstanding caller next year? I'd say a lot of people that would otherwise apply won't because they are committed to the program they are at for the upcoming season.

I wouldn't settle. It's a premium job. So if we have mediocre candidates, I'm cool having a temporary. Jack Michaels was our interim guy after Scotty died and he was solid

AKBison
08-05-2022, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't settle. It's a premium job. So if we have mediocre candidates, I'm cool having a temporary. Jack Michaels was our intern guy after Scotty died

Same here, the right guy for this job is so important. If we have to wait 6 months to land him, we will survive.

AKBison
08-05-2022, 12:11 AM

The jokes on Keith Brake as he would have been that interim guy had he not had a melt down and quit.

HerdBot
08-05-2022, 12:21 AM
Same here, the right guy for this job is so important. If we have to wait 6 months to land him, we will survive.

B Shawn just joined UND as their Midco TV voice because Alex Heinert was having conflicts with his Midco duties for hockey. Timing seems odd or maybe its just a coincidence. But I doubt Alex Heinert would leave.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-05-2022, 01:38 AM
B Shawn just joined UND as their Midco TV voice because Alex Heinert was having conflicts with his Midco duties for hockey. Timing seems odd or maybe its just a coincidence. But I doubt Alex Heinert would leave.

Alex would be great for TV football or basketball, not sure i would want him as the radio guy. If Izzo jumped to radio and 1660 and Alex filled the TV role I wouldn’t be mad.

People have to remember the radio play by play role is not the only role to fill. We need someone to lead 1660 and fill it with quality programming.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-05-2022, 01:42 AM
Well we can put the Brian Shawn hope to bed. He is the new voice of UND football for Midco.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/brian-shawn-will-become-new-tv-play-by-play-voice-of-und-football

I guess I wasn't fast enough. :)
So is Brian Shawn still going to do NDSU basketball on midco? Or not?
I would have taken Brian on TV over Izzo

roadwarrior
08-05-2022, 02:32 AM
So is Brian Shawn still going to do NDSU basketball on midco? Or not?
I would have taken Brian on TV over Izzo

WDAY does Bison basketball now

HerdBot
08-05-2022, 05:05 AM
Alex would be great for TV football or basketball, not sure i would want him as the radio guy. If Izzo jumped to radio and 1660 and Alex filled the TV role I wouldn’t be mad.

People have to remember the radio play by play role is not the only role to fill. We need someone to lead 1660 and fill it with quality programming.

Its quite the job. A 26 station radio network that goes from eastern Montana, every square inch of North Dakota, northern South Dakota and all the way to Minneapolis.

Up to 15 football games. Every mens BB game. Home baseball games

5 day a week 2 hour radio show.
Bison football coaches radio show is weekly.
Bison basketball radio show is weekly.
Jeff Culhane also did the weekly TV show that is on statwide TV

Then you got signing day specials. Playoff Selection day specials. Spring game.

And that's just the work Culhane did

THEsocalledfan
08-05-2022, 12:04 PM
Really disappointed to see Brian S. is going to do TV for the Fighting Wioux. He was the one local guy who could have done a great job. While I was no fan of Mr. Brake's politics, he would have been on the very short list for at least an interim shot. Wonder what the hell made him so mad that he quit.

MankatoBison
08-05-2022, 12:50 PM
Really disappointed to see Brian S. is going to do TV for the Fighting Wioux. He was the one local guy who could have done a great job. While I was no fan of Mr. Brake's politics, he would have been on the very short list for at least an interim shot. Wonder what the hell made him so mad that he quit.

I loved Keith on the pre and post game shows honestly. Actually, pretty much ANY time he strictly stuck to sports I thought he was great, come to think of it. But I thought his handling of live calls was actually quite good, that cant be easy lol. All the best to him!

Bison Bridge Guy
08-05-2022, 01:03 PM
I loved Keith on the pre and post game shows honestly. Actually, pretty much ANY time he strictly stuck to sports I thought he was great, come to think of it. But I thought his handling of live calls was actually quite good, that cant be easy lol. All the best to him!

I thought he was good at play-by-play too. He was good at everything except his daily show, which was just obnoxious the few times I tried to listen to it.

El_Chapo
08-05-2022, 01:07 PM
wtf Nancy promoted Andy to program director? lol. he is awful. you could hear it on air how bad Jeff wanted him chiming in with his horrible takes. lol

bisonaudit
08-05-2022, 01:52 PM
wtf Nancy promoted Andy to program director? lol. he is awful. you could hear it on air how bad Jeff wanted him chiming in with his horrible takes. lol

not sure what his on air performance has to do with his ability to run a radio station. Seems like those are different skill sets.

MankatoBison
08-05-2022, 01:53 PM
I thought he was good at play-by-play too. He was good at everything except his daily show, which was just obnoxious the few times I tried to listen to it.

right on- couldnt agree more

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-05-2022, 02:04 PM
So would this make it easier to find a play by play guy?

HerdBot
08-05-2022, 02:37 PM
So would this make it easier to find a play by play guy?

Exactly what I was thinking. Andy knows the program exceptionally well. I think he did play by play when he was a college kid almost 10 years ago. He's also been a sports director at the Flag and probably learned from Hallstrom. This way the PxP guy doesn't have a ridiculous amount of stuff on his plate when the learning curve will be fast. I think Andy will probably do the same sports Keith did and can hone his skills.

El_Chapo
08-05-2022, 03:01 PM
Nancy got the memo
Rob Hipp has been named "Voice of the Bison" for
@NDSUfootball and
@NDSUmbb

on the radio this season

Sam Houston PXP guy

NDSUBowler
08-05-2022, 03:02 PM
Nancy got the memo
@NDSUfootball and
@NDSUmbb

on the radio this season

Sam Houston PXP guy

ty4urservice

El_Chapo
08-05-2022, 03:10 PM
ty4urservice

He will be fine. Sam Houston is good football

HerdBot
08-05-2022, 03:32 PM
Nancy got the memo
@NDSUfootball and
@NDSUmbb

on the radio this season

Sam Houston PXP guy

This guy is awesome. Watch the last 5 minutes of the radio broadcast synced with the Sam Houston broadcast vs SDSu

THEsocalledfan
08-08-2022, 01:51 AM
This guy is awesome. Watch the last 5 minutes of the radio broadcast synced with the Sam Houston broadcast vs SDSu

Bet a few times on Sam last year and listened to him. He is great. Good hire.

Bisonator98
08-08-2022, 03:55 PM
Great hire! This guy is good!

El_Chapo
09-05-2022, 05:08 AM
HOLY CRAP. JEFF CULHANE USED MY SUGGESTION ON HIS CALL AT THE END

#FEARTHESPEAR

I HAVE RECEIPTS..NOW I NEED ROYALTIES.

THIS WAS AN AWESOME CALL

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1566627738517180416?s=20&t=2KOf4ZTkLlDhmTakq_bAcA

Rock
09-05-2022, 11:49 AM
HOLY CRAP. JEFF CULHANE USED MY SUGGESTION ON HIS CALL AT THE END

#FEARTHESPEAR

I HAVE RECEIPTS..NOW I NEED ROYALTIES.

THIS WAS AN AWESOME CALL

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1566627738517180416?s=20&t=2KOf4ZTkLlDhmTakq_bAcA

Jeff does a great job. Seems he embraced the new team really quickly. Passionate call for a big win. Good for those florida state fans. It’s been a long crappy run for them since the Warrick Dunn days.

scottietohottie
09-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Jeff does a great job. Seems he embraced the new team really quickly. Passionate call for a big win. Good for those florida state fans. It’s been a long crappy run for them since the Warrick Dunn days.

Definitely has a face for radio eh.

He was alright. I realize these guys just say shit to fill time on the radio but dang I can't help imagine the radio show Kevin, CAS, and myself could do eh. Wouldn't be any dead air eh.

Rock
09-05-2022, 01:08 PM
Definitely has a face for radio eh.

He was alright. I realize these guys just say shit to fill time on the radio but dang I can't help imagine the radio show Kevin, CAS, and myself could do eh. Wouldn't be any dead air eh.

If Me and echchoochoo produced.

It would be all dead air.

Because you fuckers would KILL.

https://youtu.be/cVsQLlk-T0s

Call me Bruce Dickinson.

I put my pants on one leg at a time. Just like you.

But when I’m done. I make gold albums.

El_Chapo
09-05-2022, 01:26 PM
Good for Cully!

TAILG8R
09-05-2022, 02:27 PM
Who's the total newb screaming into the mic next to him??? Wow.

Rock
09-05-2022, 02:37 PM

That’s the Florida accent. He’s not a noob it just sounds like they are. [emoji6]

TAILG8R
09-05-2022, 02:50 PM
That’s the Florida accent. He’s not a noob it just sounds like they are. [emoji6]Ha. Truth to that but holy crap that is the definition of stepping on someone's touchdown call. Color guy is supposed to stfu during big moments.

Rock
09-05-2022, 03:02 PM
That’s the Florida accent. He’s not a noob it just sounds like they are. [emoji6]

“Southern speed”

Lol. Finally defined it.

Sounds/seems interchangeable

Rock
09-05-2022, 03:05 PM
Even the “Catholics” would like to use THAT one with the “convicts”.

F it. NDSU WORK THEM BOAT YO!

You row bitches.

Bison work.

TM

tjamz
09-05-2022, 07:43 PM

I haven't listened to the broadcast, but I'm going with #FloridaMan is the cohost every week. Which one? Doesn't matter, they're all the same! (Yes, I'm Floridaist, I can't tell them apart)

Rock
09-05-2022, 10:58 PM
Who did the schtick with “did it happen in Germany, or Florida?” And read like crazy fucking news stories? Was that Rogen?