PDA

View Full Version : Patterson enters the Portal

cbline
05-09-2022, 05:53 PM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/bison-quarterback-patterson-to-transfer-from-ndsu

NDSUBowler
05-09-2022, 05:55 PM
I wish him the best of luck! A tough spot to stay here if he wants to get meaningful snaps.

He undoubtedly helped play a part in NDSU winning the title last year and I appreciate what he gave to the program.

Kevin
05-09-2022, 05:56 PM
Best of luck to him!

I hope this means the southpaw is going to fill that role in the offense this year.

tolnabison
05-09-2022, 05:57 PM
Best of luck to him!

I hope this means the southpaw is going to fill that role in the offense this year.

This!

In other news, is Herdbot okay? I mean he had QP destined for the NFL.

Wish all the best to QP.

Bison 4 Life
05-09-2022, 06:00 PM
Best of luck to him!

https://c.tenor.com/Cehn_T-iwDMAAAAC/oh-my-god-okay.gif

Rixen
05-09-2022, 06:04 PM
OABAB

Best of luck to QP. Handled a tough situation incredibly well and no doubt played an important role in us winning the championship last year. While I think this hurts our QB room a bit, at least from a depth/leadership perspective, I think we're all excited to see Cole get meaningful snaps this year and he likely has a bit more legit QB passing threat to go along with his legs (calves).

Kevin
05-09-2022, 06:06 PM
OABAB

Best of luck to QP. Handled a tough situation incredibly well and no doubt played an important role in us winning the championship last year. While I think this hurts our QB room a bit, at least from a depth/leadership perspective, I think we're all excited to see Cole get meaningful snaps this year and he likely has a bit more legit QB passing threat to go along with his legs (calves).

Yeah having the ability to throw off that QB power package is going to be a game changer.

El_Chapo
05-09-2022, 06:15 PM
I thought May 1 was the last day for the portal? what am I missing here.

Best of luck to Q.

Professor Chaos
05-09-2022, 06:20 PM
The Bison were undefeated in games he started (and appeared in for that matter)... not many QBs can say that. Best of luck to Quincy, he's a champion no matter what happens from here on out.

SomeBeach
05-09-2022, 06:26 PM
I would love to see him run a Triple Option offense... but don't know how he feels about boats. Best of luck, QP.

Hammerhead
05-09-2022, 06:28 PM

Best of luck to Q.

That's what I thought, but it sounds like there exceptions where players can get a waiver for things like being closer to a sick family member, mental heath reasons, etc. I'm guessing he has one more year of eligibility left.

tolnabison
05-09-2022, 06:29 PM

Best of luck to Q.

May 1st is the last day for underclassmen to receive immediate eligibility for next season. If QP graduates, he can transfer anywhere without having to sit out If he hasn't graduated, he will have to sit out a year if he stays division 1 (FBS or FCS). If he transfers down, he won't have to sit out. He can also apply for a waiver not to have to sit out. I am assuming he is graduating, and will be a graduate transfer. But maybe not?

123Gobison
05-09-2022, 06:32 PM
If you are not a ND kid then very less incentive to ride the pine. I dont blame him.

Hammerhead
05-09-2022, 07:08 PM
Does South Carolina still need a QB?

El_Chapo
05-09-2022, 07:11 PM
Does South Carolina still need a QB?

great reply

blackdiamond2
05-09-2022, 07:20 PM
South Carolina got Spencer Rattler.

WeAreThePride
05-09-2022, 08:08 PM
I can't say I'm surprised.

Best of luck, Quincy. You played your ass off. Hope you find a landing spot.

HerdBot
05-09-2022, 08:19 PM
This!

In other news, is Herdbot okay? I mean he had QP destined for the NFL.

Wish all the best to QP.

I'm a little bummed because year 2 is typically when things start to click, but it was obvious to him that playing time would have been limited with Cole Payton, who everyone wants to see what he can do.

Quincy did a heck of a job last year in a really tough spot and helped us win some games. Hopefully he finds a spot to showcase his skills and get to the next level

Professorbum
05-09-2022, 08:28 PM
Refreshing. An NDSU portal story that has no connection to Dave Richman.

Hammerhead
05-09-2022, 08:55 PM
I hope he does well in the future as long as he isn't playing for an opponent.

HerdistheWord
05-09-2022, 09:29 PM
Kid did what was asked for us and we have a lot of young talent at the position. Hard to fault him for this one. I wish him the best of luck as he always represented us well.

TAILG8R
05-09-2022, 09:30 PM
Good luck to QP. He helped the Bison when games and he seemed like a quality team mate. Hope he finds success wherever he goes.

I will say this relieves some anxiety I had about Cole getting playing time and the future of the QB room.

SDbison
05-09-2022, 10:06 PM
This portal thing is the dumbest idea ever! What do you expect from a bunch of woke liberals who run the NCAA. Just like politicians with the same ideals it's "let's try a new radical thing and see what happens". Lol.......on a fast track to fail. How did that defund the police thing go?

56BISON73
05-09-2022, 10:08 PM
This portal thing is the dumbest idea ever! What do you expect from a bunch of woke liberals who run the NCAA. Just like politicians with the same ideals it's "let's try a new radical thing and see what happens". Lol.......on a fast track to fail. How did that defund the police thing go?

Lawsuits had everything to do with this. Not Liberalism.

td577
05-09-2022, 10:19 PM

Best of luck to Q.He already used his pne free transfer so unless he uses a graduate transfer or waiver, he has to sit out a year. It seems like he can probably get a waiver, so it didn't matter when he left.

The losing school can pull a scholarship anytime a student/athlete enters the portal, so QP had no advantage entering any earlier than he had to. There are still schools out there needing a QB, so he'll be fine finding playing time. I think Montana has zero QBs on their roster right now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

NDSUBowler
05-09-2022, 10:35 PM

Spoken from a spot of true ignorance blinded by political anger.

As TD mentioned a post above mine, QP already used 'the portal thing' that you bemoan and will likely be grad transferring, which has been around for a very long time.

But keep on crying.

Bison 4 Life
05-09-2022, 10:48 PM
Spoken from a spot of true ignorance blinded by political anger.

As TD mentioned a post above mine, QP already used 'the portal thing' that you bemoan and will likely be grad transferring, which has been around for a very long time.

But keep on crying.

Jesus Fucking Christ. I'll bet this guy wakes up in the morning and decides rainy weather or poor traffic is because of woke liberalism

EC8CH
05-09-2022, 11:41 PM
Kid did what was asked for us and we have a lot of young talent at the position. Hard to fault him for this one. I wish him the best of luck as he always represented us well.

Agreed. Was a really solid representation of the team during his time here. Was a good season last year and he played his part. Hope he remembers his time in Fargo well.

reformedUNDfan
05-10-2022, 12:03 AM

Well, virtually every police department got massive funding increases and crime went up (from modern lows) anyway.

Anyway, cry more

unbison
05-10-2022, 12:50 AM
Lawsuits had everything to do with this. Not Liberalism.

Thanks for the bit of reality

Professor Chaos
05-10-2022, 02:00 AM
He already used his pne free transfer so unless he uses a graduate transfer or waiver, he has to sit out a year. It seems like he can probably get a waiver, so it didn't matter when he left.

The losing school can pull a scholarship anytime a student/athlete enters the portal, so QP had no advantage entering any earlier than he had to. There are still schools out there needing a QB, so he'll be fine finding playing time. I think Montana has zero QBs on their roster right now.

His Twitter profile says "NDSU Alum" so pretty sure he'll be a grad transfer. He'll have 2 years left if he wants to use his COVID year freebie.

CAS4127
05-10-2022, 02:19 AM
Post #220 in QP thread.

BisonHorns
05-10-2022, 03:01 AM
Thank you for you time and contribution to the team. I was hoping he would stay on as linebacker or running back. I still believe other positions would highlight his abilities more.

SafeTeeJ
05-10-2022, 12:34 PM
TTT
Discus Quincy’s portal transfer on this official transfer thread. Thanks. :bow:

scottietohottie
05-10-2022, 12:57 PM
I just hope he files his taxes right.

El_Chapo
05-10-2022, 01:25 PM
you think he's gonna play somewhere?

KSBisonFan
05-10-2022, 02:01 PM
Best of luck to Quincy wherever he ends up.

Can the coaches just get back to trusting their recruiting process for HS QBs? I know it's tempting to bring in FBS QBs, but it hasn't worked. We seem to have a magic wand with developing QBs, so keep doing it.

NDSU1980
05-10-2022, 02:22 PM
you think he's gonna play somewhere?

Yes I do. The guy has talent. I think he would have been better off staying and switching positions but it's his call. He'll do just fine in another program.

Hammerhead
05-10-2022, 02:22 PM
His Twitter profile says "NDSU Alum" so pretty sure he'll be a grad transfer. He'll have 2 years left if he wants to use his COVID year freebie.

WDAY had an interview with QP last night and reported that he is graduating this spring. I was thinking he only has one year left, but it does make more sense to even think about a transfer with two more years left.

BISONBRI53
05-10-2022, 02:28 PM

Can the coaches just get back to trusting their recruiting process for HS QBs? I know it's tempting to bring in FBS QBs, but it hasn't worked. We seem to have a magic wand with developing QBs, so keep doing it.

I think they do. Brining QP in was because Trey left... Needed a quick band aid...

THEsocalledfan
05-10-2022, 03:01 PM
Good luck to QPIII. Seemed like a good dude; wish him nothing but the best.

What's interesting is what's not being said......if he could have had same role, my guess is he sticks around. However, I bet the coaches made clear they need to get Cole on the field and that was going to decrease his snaps.

Pure speculation, but I'm very doubtful moving for him makes sense unless this is the case. He needs to find a new position as he has way, way too much talent NOT to play in the NFL.

TransAmBison
05-10-2022, 03:06 PM
Good luck to QPIII. Seemed like a good dude; wish him nothing but the best.

What's interesting is what's not being said......if he could have had same role, my guess is he sticks around. However, I bet the coaches made clear they need to get Cole on the field and that was going to decrease his snaps.

Pure speculation, but I'm very doubtful moving for him makes sense unless this is the case. He needs to find a new position as he has way, way too much talent NOT to play in the NFL.What position would you see him playing in the NFL?

OrygunBison
05-10-2022, 03:11 PM

I couldn't imagine a post from you that sums up your contributions to the BV conversation more precisely than this one. Just perfect.

You ARE reliable, however. We can always count on you to be pissed off about something and then somehow blame "woke" liberals. When was it that Fox News told you to use that word whenever you're having trouble injecting enough "Get off my lawn!! into your written thoughts?

THEsocalledfan
05-10-2022, 03:29 PM
What position would you see him playing in the NFL?

I think the most natural fit would be a hybrid RB/WR. I don't see TE as I think the blocking would be tough to pick up that fast. I'm thinking like Cordarrelle Patterson. You'd think he could pick up kickoff return, too.

Bison 4 Life
05-10-2022, 03:51 PM
I think the most natural fit would be a hybrid RB/WR. I don't see TE as I think the blocking would be tough to pick up that fast. I'm thinking like Cordarrelle Patterson. You'd think he could pick up kickoff return, too.

I think the NFL is going to be a tough road for him. I'm not sure he has so much "talent" as he does athletic ability and size. Everyone in the NFL has that.

THEsocalledfan
05-10-2022, 04:04 PM
I think the NFL is going to be a tough road for him. I'm not sure he has so much "talent" as he does athletic ability and size. Everyone in the NFL has that.

Can't teach that kind of speed. He has that. Just how fast he is will be the key.

56BISON73
05-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Can't teach that kind of speed. He has that. Just how fast he is will be the key.

There is no shortage of speed in the NFL. Talent and mental toughness and mind set is whats going to separate you from the field.

heckler
05-10-2022, 05:56 PM
Anyone mention Taysom Hill yet?

cx500d
05-10-2022, 09:41 PM

well, based on how well he caught the wide open throw to him in the JMU game last December, I'd say his WR abilities aren't too good.

SomeBeach
05-10-2022, 09:55 PM
Yes I do. The guy has talent. I think he would have been better off staying and switching positions but it's his call. He'll do just fine in another program.

As an option or Wildcat QB, I agree. But any offense that relies too much on him passing... not based on what we saw here.

Professor Chaos
05-10-2022, 10:32 PM

I don't what was hurt by bringing in Quincy. They had a big gap in QB room seniority between Zeb Noland and Cam Miller. Quincy won every game he started and was a beast running the ball as QB2 later in the season which contributed to a national title. I'd think knowing how it turned out the coaches would've still brought him in.

The transfer portal is going to be part of the game no matter what going forward, I hope the coaches use it and take advantage of what NDSU offers transferring student-athletes. Some transfer will work out and some won't but the same can be said for high school recruits.

OrygunBison
05-11-2022, 12:28 AM
The transfer portal is going to be part of the game no matter what going forward, I hope the coaches use it and take advantage of what NDSU offers transferring student-athletes. Some transfer will work out and some won't but the same can be said for high school recruits.

One thing's for sure, however: some fan on this board will continue to bitch about it all the time and use it to make their other arguments regardless of any actual connection to reality.

KSBisonFan
05-11-2022, 01:53 AM
I don't what was hurt by bringing in Quincy. They had a big gap in QB room seniority between Zeb Noland and Cam Miller. Quincy won every game he started and was a beast running the ball as QB2 later in the season which contributed to a national title. I'd think knowing how it turned out the coaches would've still brought him in.

I agree that in hindsight nothing was hurt by bringing in Zeb and Quincy. Trey leaving early messed up the QB room, but if Cam and/or Cole had transferred out, this place would have had a bigger meltdown than some of the gameday threads. Gabe would have started an NFL hall of fame thread for Quincy and who knows what EC8CH would have done. Thankfully, Bisonville didn't have to endure that.

Anyway, in Cam and Cole I trust!

BigHorns
05-11-2022, 02:18 AM
Good luck to QP, hope he finds what he is looking for and can make the pros. He was a real asset and team player.

SDbison
05-11-2022, 02:49 AM
One thing's for sure, however: some fan on this board will continue to bitch about it all the time and use it to make their other arguments regardless of any actual connection to reality. You libtards sure stick together like 6th grade girls.

HerdBot
05-11-2022, 05:14 AM
I agree that in hindsight nothing was hurt by bringing in Zeb and Quincy. Trey leaving early messed up the QB room, but if Cam and/or Cole had transferred out, this place would have had a bigger meltdown than some of the gameday threads. Gabe would have started an NFL hall of fame thread for Quincy and who knows what EC8CH would have done. Thankfully, Bisonville didn't have to endure that.

The QB schedule was fucked when Trey left. Quincy was undefeated as a starter and that gave Cam much needed time to develop. Cam in week 7 was obviously much better than he would have been in week 1. Entz talked about his progress in practice throughout the year.

Same could be said about Zeb. As bad as Cam was as a true freshman, he would have been even worse go start the spring season

In the end, we had 1 bad covid season that in hindsight was such a joke of a year, it doesn't even count in my books. I was listing to the Bison Report Podcast and they said they were so low on players, some coaches had to participate in drills. No joke

ByeSonBusiness
05-11-2022, 06:10 AM
Seems like a nice kid but wasn't good at the things needed to run an offense. Good luck to him.

EC8CH
05-11-2022, 06:47 AM

I would have anointed the holy calves with sented oils from the far east.

unbison
05-11-2022, 09:33 AM
You libtards sure stick together like 6th grade girls.

Hey Karen how you doing

reformedUNDfan
05-11-2022, 10:16 AM
There is no shortage of speed in the NFL. Talent and mental toughness and mind set is whats going to separate you from the field.

not at his size there isn't

reformedUNDfan
05-11-2022, 10:53 AM

10 char

Gully
05-11-2022, 12:36 PM

I think they do trust their HS recruiting of QBs. QP was brought in because Trey left for the NFL unexpectedly. That's all. Best of like to QP...seems like a class act.

scottietohottie
05-11-2022, 12:56 PM
What ever are we to do on 3rd and Quincy bros?

scottietohottie
05-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Cam it down their throat?

Throw a little Cole in the furnace?

Thank goodness we have time to work this stuff out.

scottietohottie
05-11-2022, 12:58 PM
Pass it on 3rd down? Nobody will expect that.

Professor Chaos
05-11-2022, 12:58 PM
The QB schedule was fucked when Trey left. Quincy was undefeated as a starter and that gave Cam much needed time to develop. Cam in week 7 was obviously much better than he would have been in week 1. Entz talked about his progress in practice throughout the year.

Same could be said about Zeb. As bad as Cam was as a true freshman, he would have been even worse go start the spring season

In the end, we had 1 bad covid season that in hindsight was such a joke of a year, it doesn't even count in my books. I was listing to the Bison Report Podcast and they said they were so low on players, some coaches had to participate in drills. No joke
That's pretty presumptuous. Personally I think Cam would've been much better by the end of last spring had he started after the Illinois St when he injected life into a lifeless team to lead them to a win in that game instead of waiting until the end of the spring when they faced both national finalists and a top 10 EWU before starting him. Consequently, I think he also would've been better going into the fall and, who knows, he might've even beaten out Patterson for the starting job with the extra experience in the spring. Water under the bridge at this point but Cam has already proven the doubters wrong so I'd bet on him only getting better with more game experience.

Hammerhead
05-11-2022, 01:31 PM
not at his size there isn't

If Quincy can improve his receiving skills I could see him getting a shot at the NFL. With a 53-man roster versatility is a big plus.

Kevin
05-11-2022, 01:51 PM

you conservatards sure like to stick it in 6th grade girls.

HerdBot
05-11-2022, 02:02 PM
That's pretty presumptuous. Personally I think Cam would've been much better by the end of last spring had he started after the Illinois St when he injected life into a lifeless team to lead them to a win in that game instead of waiting until the end of the spring when they faced both national finalists and a top 10 EWU before starting him. Consequently, I think he also would've been better going into the fall and, who knows, he might've even beaten out Patterson for the starting job with the extra experience in the spring. Water under the bridge at this point but Cam has already proven the doubters wrong so I'd bet on him only getting better with more game experience.

Cam wasn't even close to being ready, that's why he didn't win the job. Huge difference between week 1 and 7. When your not an elite athlete (hes a solid athlete) like our prior QBs, the odds are stacked against you and you need to be a great passing QB first and know the offense at a higher level, and cant rely on running...

I will say, Cam probably would have won most, if not all of those games anyways because the opponents weren't that strong and he would have been even a better QB, week 7 with more reps. So you could make the argument that Quincy slowed the development of Cam

By the end of the year, Cam was a very good QB and he should take the next step to great this year. When I say very good, I'm comparing him to our NFL guys

WeAreThePride
05-11-2022, 02:36 PM
If Quincy can improve his receiving skills I could see him getting a shot at the NFL. With a 53-man roster versatility is a big plus.

Yeah and if I could run 2 seconds faster in the 100 I'd have gone to the Olympics.

He's not an NFL player. Period.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2022, 02:40 PM
Cam wasn't even close to being ready, that's why he didn't win the job. Huge difference between week 1 and 7. When your not an elite athlete (hes a solid athlete) like our prior QBs, the odds are stacked against you and you need to be a great passing QB first and know the offense at a higher level, and cant rely on running...

I will say, Cam probably would have won most, if not all of those games anyways because the opponents weren't that strong and he would have been even a better QB, week 7 with more reps. So you could make the argument that Quincy slowed the development of Cam

By the end of the year, Cam was a very good QB and he should take the next step to great this year. When I say very good, I'm comparing him to our NFL guys

didn't I read somewhere that before Cole Payton Cam was the highest rated QB recruit we'd had in forever?

Seems odd when you think of Carson and Trey but it's something like that.

mtoutfitter
05-11-2022, 02:46 PM
didn't I read somewhere that before Cole Payton Cam was the highest rated QB recruit we'd had in forever?

According to 247 Cam was a 3 star and Peyton was a no star. Seems strange but that is what it says. Correction....that did give Peyton 2 stars.

Kevin

Carson and Trey were both diamonds in the rough that we identified. Neither was highly recruited/rated. I think Carson had an offer from Western Michigan and Trey had some walk on interest from MN as a safety or something?

Both came to NDSU for the opportunity to play QB. Looks like a multi million dollar gamble that paid off.

TransAmBison

Seems odd when you think of Carson and Trey but it's something like that.Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Funny how Cam isn't considered an elite athlete by some considering what you just posted.

Kevin
05-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Funny how Cam isn't considered an elite athlete by some considering what you just posted.

It doesn't help that he looks like he's an 8th grader out there sometimes.

TransAmBison
05-11-2022, 02:47 PM
Carson and Trey were both diamonds in the rough that we identified. Neither was highly recruited/rated. I think Carson had an offer from Western Michigan and Trey had some walk on interest from MN as a safety or something?

Both came to NDSU for the opportunity to play QB. Looks like a multi million dollar gamble that paid off.Trey had a offer from MN (not walk on) but as an athlete, not qb. I do think they were thinking safety...point being he had a scholarship offered, not walk on.

Kevin
05-11-2022, 02:49 PM
Trey had a offer from MN (not walk on) but as an athlete, not qb. I do think they were thinking safety...point being he had a scholarship offered, not walk on.

whatever bro i just checked the texts from lakes dated 2017 and it says WALK ON SAFETY with a bunch of a dollar signs and poop emjois for some reason.

TransAmBison
05-11-2022, 02:49 PM
It doesn't help that he looks like he's an 8th grader out there sometimes.The only game he looked bad this year was against SDSU, and the whole team looked like crap that day.

Kevin
05-11-2022, 02:50 PM
The only game he looked bad this year was against SDSU, and the whole team looked like crap that day.

whatever bro that has nothing to do with my point.

cam is a good qb, but he looks like an 8th grader running around with monsters

WeAreThePride
05-11-2022, 02:55 PM
The only game he looked bad this year was against SDSU, and the whole team looked like crap that day.

Those fuckers in Brookings seem to make us look like crap a lot. :fight:

Kevin
05-11-2022, 02:57 PM
Those fuckers in Brookings seem to make us look like crap a lot. :fight:

that's their super bowl every year bro they get juiced up for it.

Snowgoose
05-11-2022, 02:57 PM
Cole is still going to have a tough time seeing the field even without Quincy there. I wasn't impressed with Cam prior to last year as he didn't look anything close to a three star as mentioned above from a phsycial standpoint, but he played exceptional last year. He may not be physically imposing, but he has the ability if he continues to improve to be an exceptional college QB for us. QB in our offense can be done with average physical traits and exceptional mental traits and this is the case with alot of colleges. We can dominate without having a great running QB if the QB can do it with his head and arm.

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2022, 03:02 PM
Cole is still going to have a tough time seeing the field even without Quincy there. I wasn't impressed with Cam prior to last year as he didn't look anything close to a three star as mentioned above from a phsycial standpoint, but he played exceptional last year. He may not be physically imposing, but he has the ability if he continues to improve to be an exceptional college QB for us. QB in our offense can be done with average physical traits and exceptional mental traits and this is the case with alot of colleges. We can dominate without having a great running QB if the QB can do it with his head and arm.

Cam got thrown in as a true freshman when Zeb didn't pan out. He didn't have a mentor like everyone else did. He found a way to grow as a sophomore.

I like him for 2 more years and then Cole for 2. We're in great shape.

Professor Chaos
05-11-2022, 03:35 PM

How do you know he wasn't even close to being ready at the start of the fall? People look at his spring numbers and forget that the majority of his passing happened against two elite FCS defenses in SDSU and SHSU. It's possible he wasn't ready at the start of the fall but it's also possible the coaches saw a guy in Quincy Patterson who was bigger, faster, and stronger with a better arm than Cam and saw him a much more dynamic option. But starting with the UND game last fall defenses had cracked the code and figured out that if you blitz the holy hell out of Quincy and don't let him run he doesn't have the ability to consistently burn you with quick throws.

Cam probably wasn't ready to be a starter in spring 2021 but he was a better option than Zeb Noland and I still think if he gets a couple more starts against UND and UNI instead of them continuing to trot out Zeb the entire team is better set up for the spring playoffs and going into the fall with a more experienced Cam Miller.

TransAmBison
05-11-2022, 04:33 PM
How do you know he wasn't even close to being ready at the start of the fall? People look at his spring numbers and forget that the majority of his passing happened against two elite FCS defenses in SDSU and SHSU. It's possible he wasn't ready at the start of the fall but it's also possible the coaches saw a guy in Quincy Patterson who was bigger, faster, and stronger with a better arm than Cam and saw him a much more dynamic option. But starting with the UND game last fall defenses had cracked the code and figured out that if you blitz the holy hell out of Quincy and don't let him run he doesn't have the ability to consistently burn you with quick throws.

Cam probably wasn't ready to be a starter in spring 2021 but he was a better option than Zeb Noland and I still think if he gets a couple more starts against UND and UNI instead of them continuing to trot out Zeb the entire team is better set up for the spring playoffs and going into the fall with a more experienced Cam Miller.Agreed completely. HerdBot's post lost me at Cam not being an elite athlete...but the comment about not even close to ready at the beginning of the year is probably just as bad...no way to know where he was at. Not like he was there watching practice.

EC8CH
05-11-2022, 04:45 PM

I doubt it.

EC8CH
05-11-2022, 04:47 PM

Cause Stig ran his 12 man packages all day that day bro.

BISONBRI53
05-11-2022, 05:08 PM

Cam probably wasn't ready to be a starter in spring 2021 but he was a better option than Zeb Noland and I still think if he gets a couple more starts against UND and UNI instead of them continuing to trot out Zeb the entire team is better set up for the spring playoffs and going into the fall with a more experienced Cam Miller.

Gabe knows QB's... He read his 40 time and saw some clips on the WDAY 6pm news and knew he wasn't ready to play then... Knew it would be a week 7 time frame...

HerdBot
05-11-2022, 06:30 PM

How do I know? Ask the coaches why they made the decision?

Cam playing late as a true freshman is insane in itself, much less earlier and in a spring season with a covid camp. Cam was probably still trying to figure out the super basic shit while Zeb, as bad as he was, at least had an understanding of the offense. Cam hadn't even taken a snap under center at that point and wasn't even close to ready when he took over for Zeb. He wasn't even close at the end of the season.

We sucked in the spring because Roehl was trying to run a Trey type offense with Zeb. Zeb can't run worth a shit. Like any defense is going to key on him on the read option. It was so dumb.

Last year, the coaches had 0 players with experience at QB, so they had to dumb down the offense and do everything out of shotgun and run the read option. Obviously QP2 was the guy who could run, so it was easier to disguise his weaknesses. Cam wasn't an effective runner his first year

Fast forward to later in the year, and Cam was running the whole offense under center, mixing in runs, and running the short passing game as good as any QB had recently.

HerdBot
05-11-2022, 06:33 PM
Gabe knows QB's... He read his 40 time and saw some clips on the WDAY 6pm news and knew he wasn't ready to play then... Knew it would be a week 7 time frame...

OK genius, then ask our guru QB coach who has developed 3 NFL guys and our head coach why they made the decision... I would love to hear your answer.

BISONBRI53
05-11-2022, 07:16 PM
OK genius, then ask our guru QB coach who has developed 3 NFL guys and our head coach why they made the decision... I would love to hear your answer.

I am sure our coaches do know... That's not what I said... You seem to have a pulse on QB's going off their 40 times and some youtube video's you watched from their recruiting tapes...

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2022, 07:45 PM
Fuck I hate the offseason.

You both have a fucking point, who gives a shit? You're very likely to start the fucking P5 transfer over the RS Freshman who is still shell shocked from being dragged into the mix in a shitty, goofy, unusual short season.

OrygunBison
05-11-2022, 08:09 PM

What's funny, is that that's all you got. I basically vote and root for things based on either the cause of civil liberties (let me keep my guns and please stay out of my wife's pants) or just following the money and making sure that we're not throwing good money after bad. Run the country like a business and make sure that there's well-rounded financial backing on all (most) decision-making. I almost never pick a side based on emotion or what is debatably "fair". A guy like you thinks that anyone that isn't an ultra rightwing nutjob is by definition a libtard and that there's no room for discussion on the matter. It's fuckers like you that are ruining this country because there's no way to have a meaningful conversation with brainwashed, irrational, and dumb.

Tony, when you ban me or at least vaporize this post, please do me the courtesy of removing all of his (and others') libtard posts. It's tiring. (And please accept my apology in advance. Sometimes, I just can't hold back. Sorry.)

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2022, 08:15 PM
What's funny, is that that's all you got. I basically vote and root for things based on either the cause of civil liberties (let me keep my guns and please stay out of my wife's pants) or just following the money and making sure that we're not throwing good money after bad. Run the country like a business and make sure that there's well-rounded financial backing on all (most) decision-making. I almost never pick a side based on emotion or what is debatably "fair". A guy like you thinks that anyone that isn't an ultra rightwing nutjob is by definition a libtard and that there's no room for discussion on the matter. It's fuckers like you that are ruining this country because there's no way to have a meaningful conversation with brainwashed, irrational, and dumb.

Tony, when you ban me or at least vaporize this post, please do me the courtesy of removing all of his (and others') libtard posts. It's tiring. (And please accept my apology in advance. Sometimes, I just can't hold back. Sorry.)

How this asshole is still here when every post is this toxic drivel shows that Tony is not so capricious with the bans

Kevin
05-11-2022, 08:30 PM

You both have a fucking point, who gives a shit? You're very likely to start the fucking P5 transfer over the RS Freshman who is still shell shocked from being dragged into the mix in a shitty, goofy, unusual short season.

the offseason hates u too bro

that shits mutual.

56BISON73
05-11-2022, 08:31 PM
How this asshole is still here when every post is this toxic drivel shows that Tony is not so capricious with the bans

Hello kettle :D

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2022, 08:40 PM
Hello kettle :D

Show me one post that I injected unprovoked into any football thread where I spouted nonsense like that

and no, not just shit you don't agree with

Kevin
05-11-2022, 08:42 PM
Show me one post that I injected unprovoked into any football thread where I spouted nonsense like that

and no, not just shit you don't agree with

i'd do it for u bro but you'd just call it a russian conspiracy

56BISON73
05-11-2022, 09:07 PM

He used the standard Lakes retort. :D

Bison 4 Life
05-11-2022, 09:29 PM
He used the standard Lakes retort. :D

ah yes. A simple request for truth.

It's funny. You're so cordial to me in person but here I can't say "the sky is blue" without some shit talk about our general difference in opinion that has nothing to do with football or life in general.

56BISON73
05-11-2022, 09:55 PM
ah yes. A simple request for truth.

It's funny. You're so cordial to me in person but here I can't say "the sky is blue" without some shit talk about our general difference in opinion that has nothing to do with football or life in general.

Cordial . Thats it. Its called social graces. Dicks like yourself dont understand the concept.

Shit talk? Thats all you come here to do so I find that humorous. But please---carry on.

EC8CH
05-11-2022, 10:33 PM
Cordial . Thats it. Its called social graces. Dicks like yourself dont understand the concept.

Shit talk? Thats all you come here to do so I find that humorous. But please---carry on.

He called out SD for his turrets level libtard tick and you feel the need to chime in. Interesting.

BTW, do you think the election was stolen?

EC8CH
05-11-2022, 10:34 PM

Do it Kev. Doooooooo it.

WeAreThePride
05-12-2022, 01:11 AM
Would it be okay if this thread didn't turn into a dick measuring contest?

Would that be all right?

daddy daycare
05-12-2022, 02:39 AM
Good for him. Sports is always about looking out for your own best interests. Good luck to QP, a natty champ.

phxbison
05-12-2022, 11:40 AM
Good luck to Quincy wherever he goes. He was a lot of fun to watch and is obviously a young man of character. He will be a great get for some team. Wish him the very best wherever lands !

Buthockey
05-12-2022, 11:54 AM
How do I know? Ask the coaches why they made the decision?

Cam playing late as a true freshman is insane in itself, much less earlier and in a spring season with a covid camp. Cam was probably still trying to figure out the super basic shit while Zeb, as bad as he was, at least had an understanding of the offense. Cam hadn't even taken a snap under center at that point and wasn't even close to ready when he took over for Zeb. He wasn't even close at the end of the season.

We sucked in the spring because Roehl was trying to run a Trey type offense with Zeb. Zeb can't run worth a shit. Like any defense is going to key on him on the read option. It was so dumb.

Last year, the coaches had 0 players with experience at QB, so they had to dumb down the offense and do everything out of shotgun and run the read option. Obviously QP2 was the guy who could run, so it was easier to disguise his weaknesses. Cam wasn't an effective runner his first year

Fast forward to later in the year, and Cam was running the whole offense under center, mixing in runs, and running the short passing game as good as any QB had recently.
The hills you choose to die on are so Banff eh

OrygunBison
05-12-2022, 03:22 PM
Would it be okay if this thread didn't turn into a dick measuring contest?

Would that be all right?

Talk to the guy that took it there. Shut that shit down and I'm all good. I'd certainly prefer less bullshit on BV as well.

SDbison
05-12-2022, 04:14 PM
Talk to the guy that took it there. Shut that shit down and I'm all good. I'd certainly prefer less bullshit on BV as well. Says the libby who went on the group personal attack. I see how the liberals run websites......ban everyone who doesn't agree with them. Bet you are still worked up that Musk is taking over Twitter.

OrygunBison
05-12-2022, 04:22 PM
Says the libby who went on the group personal attack. I see how the liberals run websites......ban everyone who doesn't agree with them. Bet you are still worked up that Musk is taking over Twitter.

What useful purpose does this shit serve?

WeAreThePride
05-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Says the libby who went on the group personal attack. I see how the liberals run websites......ban everyone who doesn't agree with them. Bet you are still worked up that Musk is taking over Twitter.

Please stop.

PickedBess
05-12-2022, 05:37 PM
Your neighbor is the enemy.
Not the 4 million jobs that crossed the Pacific to fuel Communism.

bisonaudit
05-12-2022, 05:38 PM

Sidewalk chalk not withstanding.

MankatoBison
05-12-2022, 05:38 PM
well ANYWAYS..... I hope QP has a ton of success wherever he goes. Hard not to root for this kid, and was an absolute headache for opposing defenses, especially towards the end of the year.

All the best to you, QP!

El_Chapo
05-12-2022, 07:10 PM
well ANYWAYS..... I hope QP has a ton of success wherever he goes. Hard not to root for this kid, and was an absolute headache for opposing defenses, especially towards the end of the year.

All the best to you, QP!

would he ever just be done with football? just curious.

MankatoBison
05-13-2022, 01:28 PM
would he ever just be done with football? just curious.

Well, he entered the transfer portal because he doesnt want to be done with football, I'd imagine. If he wanted to be done, he could have just retired from football

bisontown
05-13-2022, 04:12 PM

Wow, crazy how angry and obsessed you are. Imagine how much would change if you could try to understand some things that you continue to obsess over. I hope you find the help you need.

Alsen
05-14-2022, 04:25 AM

I'm sure this isn't relevant to the thread, but thanks for the laugh. The post was actually funnier the 2nd and 3rd time I read it. This phrase is just tooo funny: being dragged into the mix in a shitty, goofy, unusual short season.

Alsen
05-14-2022, 04:35 AM
What useful purpose does this shit serve?

Ya man, if you are looking for an outlet for your censorship nazi urges, Bisonville probably ain't the best place to get it. Free Speech Baby!!! That's where it's at man. Get woke to the new reality. Free will and Free speech conquer close minded intellectual midgets.

Kevin
05-14-2022, 03:08 PM
Gonna be a long offseason bros.

If only there were a forum to contain this sort of digital ass cancer.

td577
05-16-2022, 11:28 PM
Yeah and if I could run 2 seconds faster in the 100 I'd have gone to the Olympics.

He's not an NFL player. Period.He will get a minimum of a camp invite and I will put money on it. I am not even a gambler and I am that sure of it.

Snowgoose
05-17-2022, 03:16 PM
He will get a minimum of a camp invite and I will put money on it. I am not even a gambler and I am that sure of it.

At what position? He didn't seem like a burner to me so WR not in the question. He isn't going to get an invite for QB unfortunately. Great kid and I wish him all the luck in the world and you never know it could happen as Chris Board playing this long I wouldn't have guessed when he was a Junior or even a Senior.

Professor Chaos
05-17-2022, 03:44 PM
At what position? He didn't seem like a burner to me so WR not in the question. He isn't going to get an invite for QB unfortunately. Great kid and I wish him all the luck in the world and you never know it could happen as Chris Board playing this long I wouldn't have guessed when he was a Junior or even a Senior.
Yeah, I'm not really sure the positional fit at the next level either. He seems like more of a TE than a WR since the NFL loves to put athletes like former college basketball players at TE but his hands sure didn't impress in the only time he had a chance to catch the ball last year (dropped what likely would've been a TD vs JMU). Maybe it's a Taysom Hill-like role??? He does have some unteachable characteristics like size, strength, and arm strength that might make him attractive to an NFL coach with a big ego that thinks he can teach him footwork, accuracy, etc.

El_Chapo
05-18-2022, 01:52 AM
not picked up yet

WeAreThePride
05-18-2022, 02:22 AM
Yeah, I'm not really sure the positional fit at the next level either. He seems like more of a TE than a WR since the NFL loves to put athletes like former college basketball players at TE but his hands sure didn't impress in the only time he had a chance to catch the ball last year (dropped what likely would've been a TD vs JMU). Maybe it's a Taysom Hill-like role??? He does have some unteachable characteristics like size, strength, and arm strength that might make him attractive to an NFL coach with a big ego that thinks he can teach him footwork, accuracy, etc.

Plus he's never blocked against competition of any skill level.

Sorry to his fans, but it ain't gonna happen.

reformedUNDfan
05-18-2022, 07:36 AM
He's a running back, and has a very high ceiling there, and would likely get a shot at that spot as a camp guy at worst after last season. Another year of getting 10 carries a game plus some wildcat could easily get him a contract or better if he maintains his level of performance there. He has to prove his hands at a high level next year to get even a chance at wr/te though.

He will probably get a camp invite if he starts at QB somewhere next year and maintains performance, as some NFL team that likes to chuck it deep will take deep look.

NDSU92
05-18-2022, 12:44 PM
He's a running back, and has a very high ceiling there, and would likely get a shot at that spot as a camp guy at worst after last season. Another year of getting 10 carries a game plus some wildcat could easily get him a contract or better if he maintains his level of performance there. He has to prove his hands at a high level next year to get even a chance at wr/te though.

He will probably get a camp invite if he starts at QB somewhere next year and maintains performance, as some NFL team that likes to chuck it deep will take deep look.

He doesn't like contact. He always said as much when asked and he showed it on the field. Not that he's afraid of it, just doesn't love violence like Luepke does.

When he gets going, he's fast as hell. But he needs to go untouched for 10 yards to start accelerating. No chance in hell he's an NFL running back. Or WR and probably not a tight end either. These are all positions he's never played in college and would be really difficult to learn in just a year to perform at the NFL level.

But it's okay, he's got free college, a great head on his shoulders and from judging how he conducts himself he's a great person. He'll be very successful in life, but not in the NFL.

scottietohottie
05-18-2022, 12:54 PM
He doesn't like contact. He always said as much when asked and he showed it on the field. Not that he's afraid of it, just doesn't love violence like Luepke does.

When he gets going, he's fast as hell. But he needs to go untouched for 10 yards to start accelerating. No chance in hell he's an NFL running back. Or WR and probably not a tight end either. These are all positions he's never played in college and would be really difficult to learn in just a year to perform at the NFL level.

But it's okay, he's got free college, a great head on his shoulders and from judging how he conducts himself he's a great person. He'll be very successful in life, but not in the NFL.

Shit he could run around waving a flag with a letter on it if he don't like contact bro! Cheer team for all you unintelligent fhawkers following along.

MankatoBison
05-18-2022, 04:42 PM

Completely based, and reasonable take alert. Mods, can we get this guy banned, pretty sure this is simply not allowed on this website

bison22
05-18-2022, 04:50 PM
so what happens if no one picks him up? Is he allowed to come back to NDSU and play? I'm sure that would open up a whole mess though.

TAILG8R
05-18-2022, 05:02 PM
so what happens if no one picks him up? Is he allowed to come back to NDSU and play? I'm sure that would open up a whole mess though.

NDSU has stated that once a player declares for the portal they are done at NDSU.

Bisonator98
05-18-2022, 05:58 PM

Pretty sure that will never happen when a kid enters the portal, that bridge is burned, that should be understood by all involved. Definitely do not want to open that can of worms!

El_Chapo
05-18-2022, 07:34 PM
he's playing next year

ByeSonBusiness
05-18-2022, 08:18 PM
Completely based, and reasonable take alert. Mods, can we get this guy banned, pretty sure this is simply not allowed on this website

Very based. Kid got a free education. Got a shot at showing his stuff for the NFL. That probably ain't happening but he doesn't have to wonder "what if" now.

Kevin
05-18-2022, 08:20 PM
I hate this portal shit. I get it's how we got Quincy in the first place so he gets a pass.

For everyone else I'm going with Once A Transfer Always A Transfer.

OrygunBison
05-18-2022, 09:38 PM
I hate this portal shit. I get it's how we got Quincy in the first place so he gets a pass.

For everyone else I'm going with Once A Transfer Always A Transfer.

............and GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

Just messing with you. I don't like it either.

El_Chapo
05-19-2022, 01:08 AM
NEWS: Former Virginia Tech and North Dakota State QB Quincy Patterson tells ESPN that he's transferring to Temple. He'll have two years remaining there and be immediately eligible as a graduate transfer. "It's a shot to be the best me I can be..."

Kevin
05-19-2022, 01:43 AM
............and GET OFF OF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

Just messing with you. I don't like it either.

No you’re accurate. It’s very much a boomer take but I already miss the “old days”.

Also isn’t re-al Mitchell qb at temple?

El_Chapo
05-19-2022, 12:26 PM
Hayes, Cox, Zeb, Cofield QP..... all goto FBS .

ndsubison1
05-19-2022, 01:02 PM
He might have a similar role with Temple. Hes not expected to beat out Mathis for the starting job there.

Kevin
05-19-2022, 04:15 PM
Hayes, Cox, Zeb, Cofield QP..... all goto FBS .

lol fucking Zeb bro?

ur going to count zeb?

temple isn't really fbs anyway bro they're like fbs-lite.

EC8CH
05-19-2022, 05:14 PM
lol fucking Zeb bro?

ur going to count zeb?

temple isn't really fbs anyway bro they're like fbs-lite.

Isn't their mascot the Raping Cosbys?

Kevin
05-19-2022, 05:19 PM
Isn't their mascot the Raping Cosbys?

something like that it's like where's that school even located bro utah?

if qp really went to "temple" to have the same role he had here it tells me that he knew that he wasn't going to keep that role here once the golden calves start getting reps out of the qb power formo.

El_Chapo
09-03-2022, 02:21 AM
Quincy is IN!!!

1-3 passing.

down 30-0 to.duke.

El_Chapo
09-30-2022, 02:25 PM
6-11 64 yards passing on the year for Quincy. Temple went with Freshman EJ Warner over Dwhan Mathis . so Quincy is #3 and has a QB draw package like he did at NDSU 16 rushes for him so far but only 64 yards.

El_Chapo
10-14-2023, 05:10 PM
Q is back starting for Temple. 4 touchdowns this year
https://x.com/American_Conf/status/1713240484326367534?s=20

TAILG8R
10-14-2023, 05:21 PM
Q is back starting for Temple. 4 touchdowns this year
https://x.com/American_Conf/status/1713240484326367534?s=20

He's had plenty of practice with that play.