PDA

View Full Version : Grant Nelson.....Star

El_Chapo
02-08-2022, 02:04 PM
Why doesn't he have his own thread:

2/7/22 - This team needs to go through Grant Nelson, I know I'm hard on Dave, but even he has to realize this now.

NDSU should find plays to free this man into space, picket fences, double screens, I don't give a FFFFFFF

Also, some business needs to NIL my man, like seriously.

if anyone is a video pro, would love to see a montage of his top 10 plays the last year and half.

tolnabison
02-08-2022, 02:24 PM

2/7/22 - This team needs to go through Grant Nelson, I know I'm hard on Dave, but even he has to realize this now.

NDSU should find plays to free this man into space, picket fences, double screens, I don't give a FFFFFFF

if anyone is a video pro, would love to see a montage of his top 10 plays the last year and half.

Not very often I agree with you Lakes. But this is a great take. He is the most talented player on the roster. He single handily brought us back last night. He is the biggest mismatch on the team. They should be running sets through him. Wish Dave would make him more of the focal point of the offense.

https://twitter.com/reachsummitpod/status/1490902324914835456?s=20&t=UrQ4P-AYamMKwNrXeQrZBQ

Kujava23
02-10-2022, 01:26 PM
Grant can take any big off the dribble at any time-----some teams are now trying to put a SF on him to try to take away his drives

Wish they'd let him dive to block and post up more---think that would give him better scoring opportunities too

I KNOW he can hit the 3....but I don't want him settling shooting 3's

Like when he attacks off dribble or in post

SURE would be nice if NDSU actually PUSHED the ball in transition and see MORE of him in the OPEN COURT

My FEAR----is if Richy isn't careful that he TRANSFERS to Creighton, Wisconsin.....

KSBisonFan
02-10-2022, 10:36 PM
Why don't we set some back screens for our bigs and try to go over the top of defenses with some alley-oops? Grant creates so many mismatches that we don't seem to take advantage of. We set so few solid screens to create space for guys going to the rim. We have the talent to have a dynamic offense but there has to be movement.

unbison
02-11-2022, 03:08 PM
Grant can take any big off the dribble at any time-----some teams are now trying to put a SF on him to try to take away his drives

Wish they'd let him dive to block and post up more---think that would give him better scoring opportunities too

I KNOW he can hit the 3....but I don't want him settling shooting 3's

Like when he attacks off dribble or in post

SURE would be nice if NDSU actually PUSHED the ball in transition and see MORE of him in the OPEN COURT

My FEAR----is if Richy isn't careful that he TRANSFERS to Creighton, Wisconsin.....minnesota would be the big gear as they will be welcoming multiple transfers again

Tony Almeida
02-13-2022, 05:35 PM
Losing him to transferring is a concern. The only thing that might keep him here is that he's a North Dakota kid...

Herd
02-13-2022, 06:10 PM
Losing him to transferring is a concern. The only thing that might keep him here is that he's a North Dakota kid...

And the fact he didnt score a point last night.

Star - sometimes

Struggles, dribbles in traffic, TOs - sometimes

bisoneer
02-15-2022, 02:30 AM
Yes good idea, promote Bison basketball through Grant Nelson, this kids going to be great and is already good!! No player I have seen ever score 12 points in 2 minutes with 4 fouls on him.

Kelly

EC8CH
02-15-2022, 02:54 AM
Nelson and Morgan... If we could only sign an actual D1 talent at PG.

Herd
02-15-2022, 04:51 AM
Nelson and Morgan... If we could only sign an actual D1 talent at PG.

Wheeler Thomas is that PG, patience.

unbison
02-15-2022, 08:03 AM
I would like to see more of dez

semobison
02-15-2022, 01:07 PM
And the fact he did score a point last night.

Star - sometimes

Struggles, dribbles in traffic, TOs - sometimes

Yep, Sky is the limit potential but hasn’t been without some struggles...TO’s and I hope he puts on a few pounds. Still gets pushed around a bit.

El_Chapo
02-22-2023, 07:17 PM

1 year since this Post. Just a shame
we are 10-16 and Grant is only 17ppg & 9 rpg.
Plus why does Boden have as many shots as Grant?

I would've had Grant throwing up more shots and setting up plays exclusively for him multiple times per game.
HAVE WE EVER Ran a Double Screen at his guy?
HAVE we ever thrown an Alley Oop to him off a back screen?

this answer is No. Dude should easily have 25pg 12 rpg and at least have a winning record

bisonfan08
02-22-2023, 09:05 PM
Since the 2nd half of conference play has started Grant is averaging 22 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks per game, he's had 6 straight double doubles and has played 30+mpg in every game other than Omaha where it was a blowout thanks to him learning how to play defense without fouling. It took him a while to learn how to be the guy, it's also taken these young guys over half the season to figure out how to play defense as a team and play around him. It's finally coming together, it does suck it took this long in the season but they have been playing significantly better as a whole.

El_Chapo
02-23-2023, 02:12 AM
Since the 2nd half of conference play has started Grant is averaging 22 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 blocks per game, he's had 6 straight double doubles and has played 30+mpg in every game other than Omaha where it was a blowout thanks to him learning how to play defense without fouling. It took him a while to learn how to be the guy, it's also taken these young guys over half the season to figure out how to play defense as a team and play around him. It's finally coming together, it does suck it took this long in the season but they have been playing significantly better as a whole.

hey I love Grant easily top 3 player at NDSU.

Im just saying we didn't do squat as a staff to maximize him because he'd rather have a "process"

F That! Wally Sczerbiak or Steph Curry his ass and give him 30 shots a game.

heffray
02-23-2023, 03:13 AM
hey I love Grant easily top 3 player at NDSU.

Im just saying we didn't do squat as a staff to maximize him because he'd rather have a "process"

F That! Wally Sczerbiak or Steph Curry his ass and give him 30 shots a game.

Steph also took a nothing Davidson team to the elite 8 iirc…

Kujava23
02-23-2023, 09:10 PM

I AGREE

and to Dave's credit he is using a quick hitter that I've seen the BOSTON CELTICS run for Jayson Tatum----Grant gets ball at elbow---ball screen comes from other elbow (wing is cleared out) for Grant to drive down left side of lane and able to spin back to right hand