PDA

View Full Version : Next years offense

KTF
12-23-2004, 01:55 PM
With the new OC and lose of Rob Hunt, is the offense going to be as good as it was this year? Will they be able to run on just about anybody?

I think they will be able to run but not as effectively at first. However that will change once the opposing team gets burned by a few pass plays by Walker ;D

Bison_Dan
12-23-2004, 02:36 PM
With the great running backs and Walkers arm I think that the new people in the O line will be all right. ;D ;D

IowaBison
12-23-2004, 03:39 PM
I think that with a good o-line walker and the running backs will be all right. ;)

Woden
12-23-2004, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't be so sure that Walker will be the man next year. Word is that Parsons isn't half bad himself. Also, he is Bohl's guy. Remember, Walker was recruited by Babich. We'll have to wait to see how this one plays out.

I think there is more concern than just Rob Hunt along the offensive line, although he is a huge loss. Monson and Zilka will also be missed. O-line is definitely an area of concern for next year. It won't matter how good the RB's are or who is at QB if no one can block for them.

BisonCountry
12-23-2004, 04:32 PM
I know Monson was appealing to the NCAA for another year of elgibility....did anyone hear the outcome of that for sure?

It was something along the lines where he would have been elgible in DII but not DI-AA so they were appealing to have DII rules apply since that is when he was injured.

MNBisonFan
12-23-2004, 07:58 PM
I heard that his apppeal was rejected :(. This is not confirmed, this is one of those I heard it from this guy who heard it from another and so on and so forth.

Woden
12-23-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm also hearing it was rejected, but like MNBisonFan, can't totally back up that statement.

Gamehunter
12-23-2004, 09:30 PM
If the Bison have a quarterback that can rival Walker that would be totally awesome. Although he didn't play a whole season at starting QB, but his pass efficiency should be enough said right there. Now, we will have to see if that same % holds up when he is needed to throw more than 25 passes a game, if that even happens next year.

I think our offense has a ways to go compared to some of the bigger names. We could put up big numbers against the walk -over teams at the beginning of the year, but for the rest of the season, a 30pt game was rare.

MinotBison
12-23-2004, 10:07 PM
It would be interesting to hear from a player's perspective what all is involved in changing from one O-coordinator to another. ??? ??? ???

kchats
12-23-2004, 11:37 PM
They aren't changing the offense. The only thing that will be different is the playcalling. Part of being a good offensive coordinator is calling the right play in the right situation on game day. Perles was involved in the game planning the past two seasons so that shouldn't be a big adjustment for him. I have a feeling he will do very well. The QB's reads in the passing game also affect the offensive game plan. Steve Walker was much more aggressive in his reads than Tony Stauss was. Walker threw more downfield passes than Stauss. Stauss's passes were always one yard throws on a slant or a screen. Isn't it ironic that even though Stauss was conservative in the throws he made he threw more interceptions?

You guys have to remember, Coach Bohl is driving this team and the offense and defense are his. He tells the coordinators what he wants so not much will change for next season except for personell. Coach Bohl will still try to balance the attack in terms or yards. I don't think he shoots for 50% run play calls and 50% pass play calls but he does aim for 50% run yardage and 50% pass yardage.

Be thankful we have a great head coach that is a steady level headed guy leading the program.