PDA

View Full Version : Biggest question marks for the 2022 season?

tony
01-24-2022, 02:38 PM
It has to be the front seven on defense, right?

MankatoBison
01-24-2022, 02:53 PM
I'd say so?? Kicker and WRs are completely unproven at this point.

But at the same time, I think front 7 will likely be a strength. Is Kazor back again? wisnowski was a beast and hes back. Weerts was good until he got injured of course. is JAsir back too?

on DL, we'll get both mostarts, Javier Derrit, rouques, Jake Kava, and I know the coaches are really high on Jackson Duttenheffer. Honestly, its possible we're as good as ever in the front 7, which is almost unbelievable to say. And Spencer Waage is coming back, but will depned on how he recovers from his injury

Pretty damn wild that we have to squint to find a 'weakness' with our squad

ndsubison1
01-24-2022, 03:08 PM
Compared to others the DL is. LB will be pretty good and have great depth if they can add a quality transfer.

DL could be severely underrated. Eli Mostaert will be a mauler, Derritt looks promising, someone should get moved inside. Waege, Tony Pierce, W Mostaert, J Kava, Roques could be pretty good as they gain experience. Maybe Reed Ran steps in?

OrygunBison
01-24-2022, 03:53 PM
WTF?!?!? The position group with Waege, Pierce, Roques, and Mostaert is the weak spot on the team. That's nutballs.

GreenfieldBison
01-24-2022, 04:25 PM
It has to be the front seven on defense, right?

<font:purple>
Just can’t believe you’re even posing this question. I mean, if you just do a little basic research on your own forum you would quickly realize that it’s OC.

Silly elf.
</font>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runtheoption
01-24-2022, 04:28 PM
Maybe long snapper? Gonna need a lot of reps for the backup (Brozio?) this spring. Hopefully can bring someone in, true freshman or transfer portal guy.

EC8CH
01-24-2022, 04:52 PM
Defense is going to be nasty in 2022. Offense too. Field goal unit? Gotta replace a LS and PK. We should just always go for it and go for two.

mtoutfitter
01-24-2022, 05:43 PM
Defense is going to be nasty in 2022. Offense too. Field goal unit? Gotta replace a LS and PK. We should just always go for it and go for two.

I'm sure Griffin Crosa will be handling the PK duties. He filled in adequately for Reinholz a couple of yrs back.

stevdock
01-24-2022, 05:50 PM
My opinion for most of this run will continue to be can our WR's get separation? I understand some of that is offensive play calling, but too many times our QB has no WR to throw to because there is no separation.

GreenfieldBison
01-24-2022, 06:36 PM
My opinion for most of this run will continue to be can our WR's get separation? I understand some of that is offensive play calling, but too many times our QB has no WR to throw to because there is no separation.

That’s why we should only use WR’s who are also cage fighters. 50-50 balls all day long baby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbline
01-24-2022, 07:47 PM
Question mark for 2022: will there be more flavors of Dippin' Dots?

EC8CH
01-24-2022, 08:41 PM

Yes. But the spoons sizes will be reduced by 50% only allowing 3 dots per scoop.

Hammerhead
01-24-2022, 09:28 PM

Will the vending machines still dispense Pepsi when you press the Diet Mountain Dew button?

noryan34
01-24-2022, 09:53 PM
1. I think MLB is the biggest question. Who becomes the next field general for code green. NDSU has had a run of very good middle linebackers and replacing a 3 year starter won’t be easy

2. How do you replace Watsons production. Your not replacing him. But need to find a way to replace his production. Maybe we see Kobe Johnson take more KR duties. Or another young WR.

3. Depth on the DL. The starters will be great. They all basically started all last year. But who is gonna be in the second wave of lineman and will they be as interchangeable as the first unit as it was this year.

ZHerd
01-24-2022, 10:02 PM
Unless we take some big transfer hits or major injuries this team has no glaring weak link position groups next season. For DL #53 is an animal…just all over the place and everyone else is good too. For LB #31 and #42 looked really good when in the game. Overall this team will likely be better next season. Have fun FCS

Kevin
01-24-2022, 11:20 PM
Tyler Roehl needs to put a complete season together and shut up a few assholes on this forum like Kevin.

mtoutfitter
01-25-2022, 12:53 AM
Tyler Roehl needs to put a complete season together and shut up a few assholes on this forum like Kevin.

I thought he did pretty well once he got a QB who was capable of running the complete offense.

Bison Dan
01-25-2022, 12:36 PM
I thought he did pretty well once he got a QB who was capable of running the complete offense.

Coach Roehl needs to design plays for when the defense blitz's. Teams that have had sucess against us pressure with the front 7 every play.

TransAmBison
01-25-2022, 01:07 PM
My biggest question for the next season is if Kevin can put together a complete season...the MVFCBeat had articles every week...Kevin came out of the gate strong...and then failed to show and forfeited most weeks after that. He SDSU'd it all over the place...pulling out the big plays (posts) right away and had nothing when it mattered.*

*It was meth'd up

scottietohottie
01-25-2022, 01:12 PM
Some peeps can't handle barn life bro.

Looking at you Kevin.

tony
01-25-2022, 01:38 PM
1. I think MLB is the biggest question. Who becomes the next field general for code green. NDSU has had a run of very good middle linebackers and replacing a 3 year starter won’t be easy

2. How do you replace Watsons production. Your not replacing him. But need to find a way to replace his production. Maybe we see Kobe Johnson take more KR duties. Or another young WR.

3. Depth on the DL. The starters will be great. They all basically started all last year. But who is gonna be in the second wave of lineman and will they be as interchangeable as the first unit as it was this year.

Yeah, that's what I should have posted: Depth in the front 7 is the big question.

And replacing Jake Reinholz... that's a tall order. He was not only a great kicker, but he saved two return TDs which would have really screwed up our defensive stats and possibly W-L record.

GreenfieldBison
01-25-2022, 02:01 PM
My biggest question for the next season is if Kevin can put together a complete season...the MVFCBeat had articles every week...Kevin came out of the gate strong...and then failed to show and forfeited most weeks after that. He SDSU'd it all over the place...pulling out the big plays (posts) right away and had nothing when it mattered.*

*It was meth'd up

Nailed it. With footnote! Master class.

Kevin
01-25-2022, 02:44 PM
Nailed it. With footnote! Master class.

u'd know all about nails u probably used a lot of them before they invented screws

Kevin
01-25-2022, 02:46 PM

*It was meth'd up

complete season bro u try running two businesses dealing with mexican cartels and lawsuits from proseed while ghost writing both mvfc blog and kolpack's articles while also fighting tony and ECE8HE for freedom while also evading tjamz's 12 year old sicario deathsquad because i wont sell him my truck

put me in the fucking hall of fame like yesterday

and another thing i don't work for free its an inflationary economy the rep stops the posts get worse and the memes get more violent

TransAmBison
01-25-2022, 02:54 PM
complete season bro u try running two businesses dealing with mexican cartels and lawsuits from proseed while ghost writing both mvfc blog and kolpack's articles while also fighting tony and ECE8HE for freedom while also evading tjamz's 12 year old sicario deathsquad because i wont sell him my truck

and another thing i don't work for free its an inflationary economy the rep stops the posts get worse and the memes get more violent

Sounds like your are overwhelmed...maybe you are more of a position poster, rather than a Offensive Poster or Head Poster. No shame in that...but if you want the big bucks*, you need a complete season.

*Rep points**
**Not comin' fo' free**
***Just lost Izzy

totoinfl
01-25-2022, 02:59 PM
Sounds like your are overwhelmed...maybe you are more of a position poster, rather than a Offensive Poster or Head Poster. No shame in that...but if you want the big bucks*, you need a complete season.

*Rep points**
**Not comin' fo' free**
***Just lost Izzy

So TAB are you basically saying he is a practice squad player that gets called up once in awhile but can't be counted on playing every game?

Kevin
01-25-2022, 03:11 PM

*Rep points**
**Not comin' fo' free**
***Just lost Izzy

Not overwhelmed bro but my back hurts.

EC8CH
01-25-2022, 03:16 PM

Sounds like you could use a nice long vaca in one of our FEMA camp.

TransAmBison
01-25-2022, 03:21 PM
So TAB are you basically saying he is a practice squad player that gets called up once in awhile but can't be counted on playing every game?No, he is way to old and out of shape...his playing days are done. He has moved into the coaching ranks...but is very SDSU like. Maybe I'll put it this way...if you are a whist player. If Kevin has an Ace...he's playing it right off the bat...no strategy...has a trick, takes a trick...but then later in the game he's got nothing. That's how Kevin posts. Great material...but he uses it right away and then later in the season/playoffs, all he has is garbage. Now whist is a game of partners...and poor Kevin has to rely on Scottie to pick up the slack...and when Kevin is wondering if Scottie is going to grand, Scottie is really thinking about his barn business/if somebody is trespassing on his land/if that was bigfoot he caught on the trailcam.

Rixen
01-25-2022, 03:26 PM
Agree with many in here:

1. I think the depth at DT is concerning. Love Derrit and Mostaert starting but beyond that is a big question mark. Not worried about the DEs if Waege is healthy. There is some really good depth there.
2. We need a WR to step up. We don't have a #1 WR. We need a threatening game breaker or a super reliable chain mover. The last time I had this worry was when Darrius Shepherd was our likely #1 and he stepped up his game for a huge senior year. We need that again from Sproles or hope that one of the super talented freshman steps up.
3. Some mentioned LB but I think if Weerts is healthy and with the emergence of Wisniewski we have 4 really good LBs. Some are high on the young LBs too. My only LB concern is without a known commodity at MLB and no depth at DT that up the middle could get sketchy with an injury. Fingers crossed!

Assuming no major injuries, I don't think we have a starting lineup concern except for #1 WR. Plenty of #2 and #3 WRs. Show us what you've got, WR room.

tolnabison
01-25-2022, 03:30 PM
Agree with many in here:

1. I think the depth at DT is concerning. Love Derrit and Mostaert starting but beyond that is a big question mark. Not worried about the DEs if Waege is healthy. There is some really good depth there.
2. We need a WR to step up. We don't have a #1 WR. We need a threatening game breaker or a super reliable chain mover. The last time I had this worry was when Darrius Shepherd was our likely #1 and he stepped up his game for a huge senior year. We need that again from Sproles or hope that one of the super talented freshman steps up.
3. Some mentioned LB but I think if Weerts is healthy and with the emergence of Wisniewski we have 4 really good LBs. Some are high on the young LBs too. My only LB concern is without a known commodity at MLB and no depth at DT that up the middle could get sketchy with an injury. Fingers crossed!

Assuming no major injuries, I don't think we have a starting lineup concern except for #1 WR. Plenty of #2 and #3 WRs. Show us what you've got, WR room.

I think the name people are overlooking is DJ Hart. He had a big catch against JMU. Coach Entz in a couple press conferences early in the year said Hart's speed is close to Watson's. He just needed to gain confidence. Hart was a pretty highly ranked recruit out of Georgia a couple years ago. Maybe he will put it all together and become the deep threat we will need.

mtoutfitter
01-25-2022, 03:32 PM
Hopefully Jake Lippe is ready for a big yr at WR.

tolnabison
01-25-2022, 03:41 PM
I agree with what Rixen stated earlier about DT depth. Our high end guys are Eli Mostert and Javier Derritt. But after that we have Will Mostert (who has split time between DE and DT, definitely needs to add weight in order to play DT). Bryce Friday is a redshirt freshman. Jaxon Duttenhefer and Kody Huisman are true freshan. Duttenhefer played in his four games under the redshirt rule. Entz has raved about his potential. Still a lot of question marks.

NDSU listed: Trevor Brown, Allante Burley, John Kaczor, Logan Larson, and Josh Magin all at DT on signing day. Odds any of these are ready are probably not good.

Bison report did post that we are active in the portal trying to land a DT and a DE last week.

Bisman
01-25-2022, 03:48 PM

Defensive Coordinator, David Braun, was recently interviewed on The Insiders. He said he is excited to have MLB Luke Weerts back. Weerts was playing well before his injury and, if healthy, should do a good job.

Go to 1:03 to hear the interview with Coach Braun https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/the-insiders-january-20th-2022-full-show?si=e906bf1d9a8f49f5af7d172502aa37a6&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=social_sharing

17>1
01-25-2022, 04:04 PM
I think the name people are overlooking is DJ Hart. He had a big catch against JMU. Coach Entz in a couple press conferences early in the year said Hart's speed is close to Watson's. He just needed to gain confidence. Hart was a pretty highly ranked recruit out of Georgia a couple years ago. Maybe he will put it all together and become the deep threat we will need.

It seems to me that a lot of these things work out pretty well on their own. Every year we lose seniors that you think will be impossible to replace, then the next season comes along and we are introduced to new faces that make their own name as a Bison and we don't see a ton of drop off (Not saying we have someone on the roster that is the next Watson). Next man up! We don't rebuild, we reload. I do agree that the WR position is an area where we need to see a bit of improvement. I think with Cam having another year under his belt and continuing to build report with the WR room, maybe it won't be a weakness.

TAILG8R
01-25-2022, 04:54 PM
It seems to me that a lot of these things work out pretty well on their own. Every year we lose seniors that you think will be impossible to replace, then the next season comes along and we are introduced to new faces that make their own name as a Bison and we don't see a ton of drop off (Not saying we have someone on the roster that is the next Watson). Next man up! We don't rebuild, we reload. I do agree that the WR position is an area where we need to see a bit of improvement. I think with Cam having another year under his belt and continuing to build report with the WR room, maybe it won't be a weakness.

There is a good chance a solid possession receiver emerges for this reason. A possession receiver can't exist without a QB that can put the ball where i needs to be when it needs to be there.

GreenfieldBison
01-25-2022, 05:05 PM
u'd know all about nails u probably used a lot of them before they invented screws

What are "screws?"

GreenfieldBison
01-25-2022, 05:10 PM
No, he is way to old and out of shape...his playing days are done. He has moved into the coaching ranks...but is very SDSU like. Maybe I'll put it this way...if you are a whist player. If Kevin has an Ace...he's playing it right off the bat...no strategy...has a trick, takes a trick...but then later in the game he's got nothing. That's how Kevin posts. Great material...but he uses it right away and then later in the season/playoffs, all he has is garbage. Now whist is a game of partners...and poor Kevin has to rely on Scottie to pick up the slack...and when Kevin is wondering if Scottie is going to grand, Scottie is really thinking about his barn business/if somebody is trespassing on his land/if that was bigfoot he caught on the trailcam.

I might be able to help with this. Probably that was just me in the ghillie suit the DEA gave me.

GreenfieldBison
01-25-2022, 05:31 PM
Zach Mathis - Jr - 6'6" - 203
Bryce Lance - Fr - 6'3" - 193
D J Hart - So - 5'11" - 192
Phoenix Sproles - Sr - 6'0" - 193
Braylon Henderson - So - 5'9" - 176
Eli Green - Fr - 5'11" - 185
Raja Nelson - So - 5'8" - 189
Jake Lippe - So - 6'2" - 205
Tyler Terhark - rFr - 6'2" - 208
Giancarlo Volpentesta - So - 6'0" - 206
Adrian Adams - So - 6'0" - 175
Chris Harris - Fr - 6'3" - 190

I'm going to trust that master Kramer is working his magic to boost that fourth column number in each case above while maintaining/improving innate speed.

Gonna think of something else to worry about for next year.

BattleBorn
01-25-2022, 06:52 PM
Biggest question mark is whether to renew season tickets or just buy game-by-game.

tjamz
01-26-2022, 01:27 PM
Some peeps can't handle barn life bro.

Looking at you Kevin.

He's too busy collecting seed from the bro's

scottietohottie
01-26-2022, 01:33 PM

Check your rep bro. I got to spread some around before I rep you again

tjamz
01-26-2022, 01:33 PM
No, he is way to old and out of shape...his playing days are done. He has moved into the coaching ranks...but is very SDSU like. Maybe I'll put it this way...if you are a whist player. If Kevin has an Ace...he's playing it right off the bat...no strategy...has a trick, takes a trick...but then later in the game he's got nothing. That's how Kevin posts. Great material...but he uses it right away and then later in the season/playoffs, all he has is garbage. Now whist is a game of partners...and poor Kevin has to rely on Scottie to pick up the slack...and when Kevin is wondering if Scottie is going to grand, Scottie is really thinking about his barn business/if somebody is trespassing on his land/if that was bigfoot he caught on the trailcam.

Not bigfoot, just part of my elite squad tapping into Scotties electrical grid that he uses for meth production to power the underground bitcoin mining operating nearby in the unincorporated community known as Thorne.

Kevin
01-26-2022, 01:53 PM

I like how your reptilian brain just associates bros with cattle bro. I'm also amused and horrified that we're always two degrees of separation removed from forced masturbation in every conversation with you.

Broseed's recipe is proprietary but I'll say that it's crossed with leftovers from Scottie's barn and is mostly fentanyl free.

tjamz
01-26-2022, 02:10 PM
I like how your reptilian brain just associates bros with cattle bro. I'm also amused and horrified that we're always two degrees of separation removed from forced masturbation in every conversation with you.

Broseed's recipe is proprietary but I'll say that it's crossed with leftovers from Scottie's barn and is mostly fentanyl free.

You're the one pumping Broseed amigo. I just assumed it was a big circle jerk with you as the pivot man.

Kevin
01-26-2022, 02:32 PM
You're the one pumping Broseed amigo. I just assumed it was a big circle jerk with you as the pivot man.

When your Paulian crypto prison town is reliant entirely on brocorn to feed your honduran 12 year olds you'll be thankful for that circlejerk.

also pls buy the stock when the ipo drops

Kevin
01-26-2022, 02:39 PM

Amigo? You're picking up Spanish from the workforce? Is it better than duolingo?

EC8CH
01-26-2022, 02:52 PM
Amigo? You're picking up Spanish from the workforce? Is it better than duolingo?

We don't want trouble in here. Not in any language

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CG4nsMa5BKs/maxresdefault.jpg

Bisman
02-26-2022, 08:04 AM
With Jasir Cox leaving, what is the two deep at linebacker going to look like? One possibility:

WLB JAMES KACZOR #26 SENIOR 6-0 215
OSCAR BENSON #42 SOPHOMORE 6-1 212

MLB LUKE WEERTS #47 JUNIOR 6-1 218
NICK KUBITZ #36 JUNIOR 6-2 222

SLB COLE WISNIEWSKI #31 JUNIOR 6-4 221
LOGAN KOPP #43 REDSHIRT FRESHMAN 6-1 213

CaBisonFan
02-26-2022, 11:58 AM
Will the fans show up?

oldmantutters
02-26-2022, 12:28 PM
Will the fans show up?Maybe the signs from a few years ago backfired. "Will You Be There?" may have really got people thinking and many may have decided, meh.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

unbison
02-26-2022, 03:04 PM
Hopefully Jake Lippe is ready for a big yr at WR.

He had 1 catch against Albany?
Curious why you are pumping him?
What about Sproles,Henderson, Nelson??

17>1
02-28-2022, 03:47 PM
Will we see a decrease of season ticket sales?

Season ticket renewal letter just came in the mail the other day. Planning on dropping down to 4 season tickets from the 6 we've had for the last 13ish+ years. Trying to find a home for the extra pair every week started to become a chore and something I just don't want to deal with anymore.

DORMIE
02-28-2022, 04:28 PM
My one ticket on the 35 just went up $150 to $2117 which includes
a $1800 donation to Teammakers. That's $350 per game. I don't know?

El_Chapo
02-28-2022, 04:41 PM
My one ticket on the 35 just went up $150 to $2117 which includes
a $1800 donation to Teammakers. That's $350 per game. I don't know?

yea than you try and sell 1 game ticket of yours for $150/ticket all the punkasses on facebook/twitter/craigslist CRY that its price gouging or scalping.. F'reakin dumb people around here.

daddy daycare
02-28-2022, 09:36 PM
Will the fans show up?

Looking at the schedule possibly the October 1 and on home games.

KTF
03-01-2022, 05:42 PM
After giving away 2 games tickets last year (sales attempts were non-fruitful), we are thinking extra hard about whether we want to renew. I already split my tickets 50/50 with another couple.

daddy daycare
03-01-2022, 10:37 PM
After giving away 2 games tickets last year (sales attempts were non-fruitful), we are thinking extra hard about whether we want to renew. I already split my tickets 50/50 with another couple.

We've had 5 forever. Thinking real hard about dumping one of them. 2 kids in HS activities make it difficult.

mtoutfitter
03-03-2022, 10:22 PM
He had 1 catch against Albany?
Curious why you are pumping him?
What about Sproles,Henderson, Nelson??

Not really pumping him up, just mentioned his name because nobody else seemed to bring him up and if I remember correctly the coaching staff had good things to say about him before he got injured. Also, he was number 2 on the depth chart in his Freshman yr, before the injury that is.

stevdock
03-07-2022, 02:47 AM
yea than you try and sell 1 game ticket of yours for $150/ticket all the punkasses on facebook/twitter/craigslist CRY that its price gouging or scalping.. F'reakin dumb people around here.

Please explain why that person should have to pay your Teammaker dues? You are the one that signed up for the dues and get the benefits for that. If someone wants to take some share of that, great. But it should not be expected that they need to.

56BISON73
03-07-2022, 03:34 AM
Please explain why that person should have to pay your Teammaker dues? You are the one that signed up for the dues and get the benefits for that. If someone wants to take some share of that, great. But it should not be expected that they need to.

What it comes down to is the total cost of the ticket. If the person doesnt want to pay the price--then dont. Point is its not price gouging. Its what the ticket cost.
Even if they are asking more than what the ticket actually cost its not price gouging as you dont need the ticket to survive.
You want to go to the game---pay the piper. If you dont like the price point STFU and find a better deal.

thunderingherd
03-07-2022, 02:32 PM
What it comes down to is the total cost of the ticket. If the person doesnt want to pay the price--then dont. Point is its not price gouging. Its what the ticket cost.
Even if they are asking more than what the ticket actually cost its not price gouging as you dont need the ticket to survive.
You want to go to the game---pay the piper. If you dont like the price point STFU and find a better deal.

Finding a better deal isn't to hard of a task these days. Heck, even the original poster of this topic on the last page, is considering not paying those prices. I'll STFU though.

IndyBison
03-07-2022, 03:03 PM
You want to go to the game---pay the piper. If you dont like the price point STFU and find a better deal.Agreed. It's not like one person or organization controls all the secondary tickets so they can artificially inflate all the prices. Even then they will drop when they run out of people willing to pay the price offered.

What bothers me is people being offended when they say they are only recouping their cost of the ticket. That's not true. You are recouping the cost of the ticket plus the donation you made to a charity (Teammakers). Sell them over face value if you think you can get the price but don't include your donation as something that is part of the actual ticket cost.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TransAmBison
03-07-2022, 03:09 PM
You want to go to the game---pay the piper. If you dont like the price point STFU and find a better deal.Exactly. Funny how stevdock mentions the "benefits" of being a teammaker. Such benefits. So many benefits. The most benefits. As you said, that is the cost a person has to pay to get those tickets...no choice in the matter for the person buying the season tickets. If the market allows it, I absolutely include my fee per ticket in the price when I have to sell. I do not consider it gouging. I have sold tickets to people that have commented on it...my response is I won't sell to them again. I'll eat the tickets before I sell them again to somebody who complained about the price. Now when I make the offer and somebody just says no, looking for something cheaper, I have no problem with that...just if they buy them and then complain. You only get to do that with me once. And like PL also said...nobody is forcing the person to pay that price...go get cheaper tickets, nobody is stopping the person.

For people who like to sit down low, we've got some pretty good seats. They would reasonably be expected to be worth more than tickets way up high (again...for people who like to sit down low). And then again, we are on the 20...it would be reasonable that tickets on the 50 down low would be worth more than ours (not to mention the higher teammaker dues). Should all the tickets just be face value even though they are not all equal as far as where people want to sit?

TransAmBison
03-07-2022, 03:14 PM
Agreed. It's not like one person or organization controls all the secondary tickets so they can artificially inflate all the prices. Even then they will drop when they run out of people willing to pay the price offered.

What bothers me is people being offended when they say they are only recouping their cost of the ticket. That's not true. You are recouping the cost of the ticket plus the donation you made to a charity (Teammakers). Sell them over face value if you think you can get the price but don't include your donation as something that is part of the actual ticket cost.

Sent from my SM-G975U using TapatalkThat is misleading, though. This donation to "charity" is a requirement to get the seats. This isn't just given out of free will. This is the cost a person must make to get said tickets. It is the price however you want to word it. Basically, when I do explain it to somebody looking at my tickets I'm showing that I'm not making a profit...just getting back what I had to pay to get that seat for that game. Sometimes I get asked how I came up with that number and so I tell them. Otherwise I just start with this is the price, which they can accept or decline. Now when it came to Frisco this year and we ended up having two extra tickets that we sold...I just looked at what they were going for at the peak time...and went with the market price. No justification for me on that one...just used it to pay for most of the trip. And the funny thing was the people who bought them thanked me for being reasonable with the price and not gouging. What a weird world we live in.

1979 Bison
03-07-2022, 03:50 PM

I don’t believe anyone is saying that they “expect” buyers to pay a price that includes the ticket cost AND a portion of the Teammaker donation…we all know this is a free market and that the “fair market value” is the price at which property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither being under any compulsion to buy or to sell and both having reasonable knowledge of relevant facts. The catch here is that the market has changed from a seller’s market (from about 2011 to 2015, or so) to a buyer’s market in the last 5-6 years.

We used to be able to sell tickets for the “premium games” (homecoming, SDSU, UND, etc.) at a price above face value, because the demand was high and availability of excess tickets was low…lots of fans were jumping on the bandwagon at a very exciting time! And, for some of us, we got a modest contribution, if you want to call it that, towards our Teammaker donation. This wasn’t a goal for me to downsize or eliminate my Teammaker donation….it was just meeting the market conditions. Nobody was forced to buy at prices above face value. And, obviously, ticket location and # of seats together plays into the perceived value of the ticket.

In the last couple years, tickets for the premium games MAY sell for as much as the face value of the ticket, while the “lesser” games will sell for less than face or won’t sell at all (and sometimes you can’t give them away!). I’m certainly not complaining, as I’m still choosing to support the Bison and Teammakers through my donation and meeting the market conditions when I cannot use my tickets. I believe that most sellers see it this way as not an effort to recoup our investment but just meeting the market conditions…we certainly don’t feel like we are price gouging when market conditions/demand is high and probably bristle at that type of comment.

And, because the purchasing of tickets is a free market transaction, some season ticket holders are choosing to either reduce the # of seats they commit to or are reducing the donation level and seat location as their personal situations change. I am retired and wish to travel more in the fall, so may not want to maintain my season tickets when I will attend one or two games each fall. And, I can still make a Teammaker donation!

EC8CH
03-07-2022, 04:40 PM
That is misleading, though. This donation to "charity" is a requirement to get the seats. This isn't just given out of free will. This is the cost a person must make to get said tickets. It is the price however you want to word it. Basically, when I do explain it to somebody looking at my tickets I'm showing that I'm not making a profit...just getting back what I had to pay to get that seat for that game. Sometimes I get asked how I came up with that number and so I tell them. Otherwise I just start with this is the price, which they can accept or decline. Now when it came to Frisco this year and we ended up having two extra tickets that we sold...I just looked at what they were going for at the peak time...and went with the market price. No justification for me on that one...just used it to pay for most of the trip. And the funny thing was the people who bought them thanked me for being reasonable with the price and not gouging. What a weird world we live in.

Value is all in the perception of the consumer.

56BISON73
03-07-2022, 07:00 PM
Agreed. It's not like one person or organization controls all the secondary tickets so they can artificially inflate all the prices. Even then they will drop when they run out of people willing to pay the price offered.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TM donation is no longer considered charity as it is no longer tax deductible unless used as a business entertainment expense.
But the fact is----its part of the cost of the ticket. No different than the seat license fees the NFL charges. IOW you HAVE to pay that fee just to be able to buy tickets.
So yes its part of the ticket price.

BigLakeBison
03-07-2022, 08:10 PM
TM donation is no longer considered charity as it is no longer tax deductible unless used as a business entertainment expense.
But the fact is----its part of the cost of the ticket. No different than the seat license fees the NFL charges. IOW you HAVE to pay that fee just to be able to buy tickets.

You are correct. However, the Athletic Department needs to find ways to increase the entertainment value on gameday or those prices are going to go down quickly in the future because season ticket sales will drop. The secondary market is the canary in the coalmine for that as I would guess there were very few times this past season where ticket holders were able to recoup full ticket cost with the Teammaker donations included. This year's home schedule is much better with SDSU and UND included on it but I also hope that they really try to address some of the game day items that have been discussed on this forum so that the prices with Teammaker donations included are perceived to be a good entertainment value which can help keep the program and the entire athletic department strong in the future.

Hammerhead
03-07-2022, 09:28 PM

Isn't it still tax deductible for personal income taxes? Not that we come anywhere close to giving away more than our standard deduction when they raised the standard deduction a few years ago.

I spent more than I should have for the Frisco tickets this year but I didn't consider it price gouging. It was the price I was willing to pay at the time to know I had tickets and where we would be sitting.

NDSU1980
03-07-2022, 09:56 PM

HUH? TM donations are deductible up to $600 per couple as far as I can tell. I used my IPF donation since it was larger than my TM donation but I'm sure the only thing you can't deduct up to that $600 is the cost of the ticket itself. This is even if you don't itemize.

1979 Bison
03-07-2022, 10:31 PM
HUH? TM donations are deductible up to $600 per couple as far as I can tell. I used my IPF donation since it was larger than my TM donation but I'm sure the only thing you can't deduct up to that $600 is the cost of the ticket itself. This is even if you don't itemize.

Maybe an accountant or tax expert can correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that if your TM donation provides for the right to purchase tickets to a college sports team’s home games (i.e.: essentially a seat fee), this is a completely non-deductible donation. In the example from NDSU1980 above, the $600 deduction is for a married couple filing jointly and not itemizing, but only if this donation does not give the donator a special benefit like the right to buy preferred seat tickets. This is a tax change from the CARES Act for 2021…not sure on future years’. A donation to a college fund (athletics or otherwise) is fully deductible if the tax filer itemizes, and also does not receive a benefit like seating priority.

56BISON73
03-07-2022, 10:33 PM
Maybe an accountant or tax expert can correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that if your TM donation provides for the right to purchase tickets to a college sports team’s home games (i.e.: essentially a seat fee), this is a completely non-deductible donation. In the example from NDSU1980 above, the $600 deduction is for a married couple filing jointly and not itemizing, but only if this donation does not give the donator a special benefit like the right to buy preferred seat tickets. This is a tax change from the CARES Act for 2021…not sure on future years’. A donation to a college fund (athletics or otherwise) is fully deductible if the tax filer itemizes, and also does not receive a benefit like seating priority.

This.....................

56BISON73
03-07-2022, 10:34 PM

IPF donation is a different animal. It has nothing to do with football tickets.

KSBisonFan
03-07-2022, 11:49 PM

The provision allowing $600 charitable deduction ($300 single filer) hasn't been extended for 2022. That could change though.

123Gobison
03-08-2022, 06:18 AM
- Lack of competition besides SDSU
- Tyler Roehl ability to learn the play book and call some passing plays.

GreenfieldBison
03-08-2022, 01:30 PM
- Lack of competition besides SDSU
- Tyler Roehl ability to learn the play book and call some passing plays.

Yeah yeah, good call.

Hey, did you happen to catch any of the games during the second half of the season? Any at all?

scottietohottie
03-08-2022, 01:33 PM
Yeah yeah, good call.

Hey, did you happen to catch any of the games during the second half of the season? Any at all?

His season ended last October bro. But man have they been lifting hard since then.

WeAreThePride
03-08-2022, 02:37 PM
Price gouging does not exist. The price is the price.

td577
03-09-2022, 12:40 AM
Maybe an accountant or tax expert can correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that if your TM donation provides for the right to purchase tickets to a college sports team’s home games (i.e.: essentially a seat fee), this is a completely non-deductible donation. In the example from NDSU1980 above, the $600 deduction is for a married couple filing jointly and not itemizing, but only if this donation does not give the donator a special benefit like the right to buy preferred seat tickets. This is a tax change from the CARES Act for 2021…not sure on future years’. A donation to a college fund (athletics or otherwise) is fully deductible if the tax filer itemizes, and also does not receive a benefit like seating priority.How many people are really itemizing right now anyways? 2%

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
03-09-2022, 12:44 AM
How many people are really itemizing right now anyways? 2%

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I had too. gambling...

GreenfieldBison
03-09-2022, 01:46 AM
I had too. gambling...

Really? You had > $24k net losses?

L O S E R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
03-09-2022, 03:33 AM
over $25k in winnings... so I had to claim $25k in losses. (I could've went old school & collected used pull tabs)

El_Chapo
04-10-2022, 04:13 AM
Luke Weertz. Can he can get healthy and give us stability at MLB for 2-3 years?

(then Kazcar & Wisnewski can run wild)

mtoutfitter
04-10-2022, 04:43 AM
Luke Weertz. Can he can get healthy and give us stability at MLB for 2-3 years?

(then Kazcar & Wisnewski can run wild)

Wisneuski only has a couple of yrs left as well so how can he provide stability after that? Also Kazcar is a senior this yr. Do you think some times?

EC8CH
04-11-2022, 07:15 AM
Definitely not this guy

http://youtu.be/IC4XfDDvraI

Alsen
04-13-2022, 09:41 PM
Wisneuski only has a couple of yrs left as well so how can he provide stability after that? Also Kazcar is a senior this yr. Do you think some times?

Wisnewski may very well be the single most talented football player on the Bison roster. Look for a super breakout season.

tony
04-14-2022, 01:50 PM
Really, I think Wildcard should be a football position and they should be able to use a ? (or ??) as their jersey number.

Hunter Luepke: "Wildcard, bitches!"

NDSU92
04-14-2022, 02:00 PM

I would guess he meant that if Weertz can play MLB, it allows Kazcar and Wisnewski to play out on the edge?

NDSU92
04-14-2022, 02:00 PM
Really, I think Wildcard should be a football position and they should be able to use a ? (or ??) as their jersey number.

Hunter Luepke: "Wildcard, bitches!"

Great idea! Although, I think in Luepke's case they might let him wear a couple exclamation marks

El_Chapo
04-14-2022, 02:09 PM
I would guess he meant that if Weertz can play MLB, it allows Kazcar and Wisnewski to play out on the edge?

exactly. WEERTZ solidfying that MLB would allow those guys outside to utilize their speed and cover abilities.

biggest question mark of this team with Corner/Nickelback a close 2nd.