PDA

View Full Version : Fire Stony Brook, Save Athletic Program.

Pages : [1] 2

El_Chapo
01-19-2022, 04:17 PM
basketball secret contract seals it, even though the FBS FOOTBALL debacle should of done it already.

The NOT having the balls to schedule FBS games fall of Covid season with Trey freakin Lance and 2nd round pick Dillon Radunz was another

the BLM/kneel down situation was dicey as well.

Riding Gene Taylor's coattails & holding the sail steady seemed like a good strategy for Matt/Todd for a few years.

IF NDSU is getting a new president, might as well let them pick a new AD.

Football - still winning titles (cept last year) BUT NEED TO BE FBS & these guys won't push for it.
Attendance is down, interest is waning

Basketball - secret deal with a coach w ZERO P5 wins and a couple G5 wins, since NDSU beat Oklahoma in 2015 its gone downhill, a 16 seed, a play in game in ncca's, thats been it. fan attendance down, fan interest even more down. this should be a cash Cow with an exciting fast paced coach

girls BB - Abysmal, Jory had some flashes, but losing to UST & others this year doesn't bode well

Wrestling- in Big 12, but program could be much much better

Volleyball- love my girl JLO, but underachieving

Baseball - 1 good year into ncaa then coach bolts

Track - still very good, but Chinks in the armor.

softball- downward trend.

soccer awful and last coach quit on larson

Facilities - yes IPF good (but that's a done deal w slick as AD) future expansion talks with fargodome or NDSU own stadium is non existent.

Report Card. not good, getting worse. NDSU not being any closer to a FBS conference after 5 years is a joke

HerdBot
01-19-2022, 08:07 PM
I would love to go to the Mountain West but Matt Larson isn't the guy to blame for that not happening. He's done everything he can for being in the FCS. His fundraising and facilities upgrades smoke Gene Taylor. Obviously GT set the stage for him but he has outperformed him as the AD. Matt even got beer in the SHAC. Now as far as basketball goes, I think the responsibility should fall on the basketball coaches.

Personally I think the attendance drop has more to do with the metal detectors and the Fargodome getting worse. Covid didn't help. Lack of good home games is a problem, but we would be favored vs every FCS team in the nation, including Montana State in non conference.

Where I think Matt Larson has failed the most is in fan engagement. Little details have really slipped.

BigLakeBison
01-19-2022, 11:22 PM
I would love to go to the Mountain West but Matt Larson isn't the guy to blame for that not happening. He's done everything he can for being in the FCS. His fundraising and facilities upgrades smoke Gene Taylor. Obviously GT set the stage for him but he has outperformed him as the AD. Matt even got beer in the SHAC. Now as far as basketball goes, I think the responsibility should fall on the basketball coaches.

Personally I think the attendance drop has more to do with the metal detectors and the Fargodome getting worse. Covid didn't help. Lack of good home games is a problem, but we would be favored vs every FCS team in the nation, including Montana State in non conference.

Where I think Matt Larson has failed the most is in fan engagement. Little details have really slipped.

I’m pretty sure it’s Larson’s responsibility to hire the basketball coaches. I guess I would put more blame on him for that then you’re willing to. I’d also be more critical of him with the state of football fan engagement/attendance. This didn’t happen overnight yet there has been very little that has changed in 5+ years. The sentiment that he has been content is very fair and makes the criticism of him very fair. I agree FCS/FBS is bigger than him. He needs to start upping his game.

HerdBot
01-19-2022, 11:44 PM
I’m pretty sure it’s Larson’s responsibility to hire the basketball coaches. I guess I would put more blame on him for that then you’re willing to. I’d also be more critical of him with the state of football fan engagement/attendance. This didn’t happen overnight yet there has been very little that has changed in 5+ years. The sentiment that he has been content is very fair and makes the criticism of him very fair. I agree FCS/FBS is bigger than him. He needs to start upping his game.

Gene Taylor hired Dave but I think ML extended him. Jory has been the best basketball coach in the D1 era so far. Doesn't mean much but still

Fan engagement has been awful. More to the job than just fundraising

BigLakeBison
01-20-2022, 12:12 AM
Gene Taylor hired Dave but I think ML extended him. Jory has been the best basketball coach in the D1 era so far. Doesn't mean much but still

Fan engagement has been awful. More to the job than just fundraising

Larsen has extended Dave twice. And the second time didn’t bother to tell anyone. He was hired to be the AD not the fundraising coordinator.

El_Chapo
01-20-2022, 12:30 AM
ndsu fanbase has become the softest milquetoasters around lately. is apathy that apparent that no one cares about these awful decisions.

we are STONY BROOK 2.0 with a better football team. pathetic

Bisonguy
01-20-2022, 01:11 AM
basketball secret contract seals it, even though the FBS FOOTBALL debacle should of done it already.

The NOT having the balls to schedule FBS games fall of Covid season with Trey freakin Lance and 2nd round pick Dillon Radunz was another

the BLM/kneel down situation was dicey as well.

Riding Gene Taylor's coattails & holding the sail steady seemed like a good strategy for Matt/Todd for a few years.

IF NDSU is getting a new president, might as well let them pick a new AD.

Football - still winning titles (cept last year) BUT NEED TO BE FBS & these guys won't push for it.
Attendance is down, interest is waning

Basketball - secret deal with a coach w ZERO P5 wins and a couple G5 wins, since NDSU beat Oklahoma in 2015 its gone downhill, a 16 seed, a play in game in ncca's, thats been it. fan attendance down, fan interest even more down. this should be a cash Cow with an exciting fast paced coach

girls BB - Abysmal, Jory had some flashes, but losing to UST & others this year doesn't bode well

Wrestling- in Big 12, but program could be much much better

Volleyball- love my girl JLO, but underachieving

Baseball - 1 good year into ncaa then coach bolts

Track - still very good, but Chinks in the armor.

softball- downward trend.

Facilities - yes IPF good (but that's a done deal w slick as AD) future expansion talks with fargodome or NDSU own stadium is non existent.

Report Card. not good, getting worse. NDSU not being any closer to a FBS conference after 5 years is a joke

You forgot women’s soccer. Stony Brook would be an upgrade as they’ve at least made the NCAA tourney a couple times in the past 5 years and can make their conference tourney. NDSU’s RPI would be dead last in Stony Brook’s conference. Previous coach with strong Mpls recruiting ties quit under Larson’s watch, so add another to the list.

El_Chapo
01-21-2022, 02:17 AM
Tonight's basketball loss can be pinned on mr stony brook as well. wow.

Professorbum
01-21-2022, 03:08 AM
I would, just once, like to see some real journalism occur and have reporters question Matt Larson about some of these shortcomings you've listed. I don't care for Mike M's politics, but he's the only one who's come close to challenging NDSU's narratives.

heckler
01-21-2022, 03:34 AM
For the love of all things that are holy I hope the new president lets go of the stony.

tjbison
01-21-2022, 07:24 AM

You think metal detectors are the cause of FB attendance drop...lol wow

I'm thinking its asking people to pay $40/Ticket plus dues for a 55-0 blowout of Non scholarship teams.

Ticket prices rise, dues rise, cost of concessions rise, competition falls, lack of anything new in the GameDay experience, the complete and total Nazi like control of something as simple as entering a tailgate parking lot, grown adults responsible enough to donate tons of money yet somehow not trustworthy enough to have a fucking beer during the game.

Thats the problem, not fucking metal detectors

BigLakeBison
01-21-2022, 01:22 PM
You think metal detectors are the cause of FB attendance drop...lol wow

I'm thinking its asking people to pay $40/Ticket plus dues for a 55-0 blowout of Non scholarship teams.

Ticket prices rise, dues rise, cost of concessions rise, competition falls, lack of anything new in the GameDay experience, the complete and total Nazi like control of something as simple as entering a tailgate parking lot, grown adults responsible enough to donate tons of money yet somehow not trustworthy enough to have a fucking beer during the game.

Thats the problem, not fucking metal detectors

I would also add the complete lack of public communication of your vision for the Athletic Department to the very people that you are asking to fund it. I know that not all details can be shared but I don't think that the vision is being sold strong enough publicly. ML is responsible for that. He has to spearhead that sales pitch to the current and potential fanbase. Where are we going with the football program? Where are we going with the men's and women's basketball programs? What is a realistic timeline for that vision? Those are all things that I think are necessities to share. Right now I have no idea what the future goals of the football program are other than to continue to win FCS titles and with the defections from FCS those don't seem near as significant as they used to be. What other things is the program going to strive for in the future to keep fans engaged. The men's basketball program is now locked in with our current coach until 2024-2025. Barring a scandal they are not going to fire DR. What about that plan is going to energize the fanbase to get more fans involved? Unless DR can pull a rabbit out of his hat and bring in a talent or two like Ben Woodside, Nate Wolters, Mike Daum what's going to change to get more people interested? At the low-major/mid-major level those types of players are very, very rare. It's easier to build a program on systems and playing style and developing players over four years versus trying to win the lottery on one or two players. Hell, our football program is the epitome of this. Sure we have some outstanding players but it is much more about the system than it is about individuals. I just don't see that with DR's current or past teams. Matt Larsen has done a good job of fundraising for some facility improvements but how does that fit into the larger vision for the athletic department. There are some serious concerns that many fans of NDSU are raising and Matt Larsen needs to address them ASAP or he should be relieved of his duties. There are funding sources that NDSU has that many other mid-major schools would love to have but don't. Yet the vision on how we capitalize on those is non-existent publicly.

TAILG8R
01-21-2022, 02:02 PM
I would also add the complete lack of public communication of your vision for the Athletic Department to the very people that you are asking to fund it. I know that not all details can be shared but I don't think that the vision is being sold strong enough publicly. ML is responsible for that. He has to spearhead that sales pitch to the current and potential fanbase. Where are we going with the football program? Where are we going with the men's and women's basketball programs? What is a realistic timeline for that vision? Those are all things that I think are necessities to share. Right now I have no idea what the future goals of the football program are other than to continue to win FCS titles and with the defections from FCS those don't seem near as significant as they used to be. What other things is the program going to strive for in the future to keep fans engaged. The men's basketball program is now locked in with our current coach until 2024-2025. Barring a scandal they are not going to fire DR. What about that plan is going to energize the fanbase to get more fans involved? Unless DR can pull a rabbit out of his hat and bring in a talent or two like Ben Woodside, Nate Wolters, Mike Daum what's going to change to get more people interested? At the low-major/mid-major level those types of players are very, very rare. It's easier to build a program on systems and playing style and developing players over four years versus trying to win the lottery on one or two players. Hell, our football program is the epitome of this. Sure we have some outstanding players but it is much more about the system than it is about individuals. I just don't see that with DR's current or past teams. Matt Larsen has done a good job of fundraising for some facility improvements but how does that fit into the larger vision for the athletic department. There are some serious concerns that many fans of NDSU are raising and Matt Larsen needs to address them ASAP or he should be relieved of his duties. There are funding sources that NDSU has that many other mid-major schools would love to have but don't. Yet the vision on how we capitalize on those is non-existent publicly.

100% this. The only message the athletic department is sending is that they are happy with the status quo. Since when has that been the standard for ANY part of NDSU athletics?

BigLakeBison
01-21-2022, 02:56 PM
100% this. The only message the athletic department is sending is that they are happy with the status quo. Since when has that been the standard for ANY part of NDSU athletics?

That is one of my biggest frustrations personally. NDSU has always strived to out punch it's weight class both athletically and also academically in some areas. Hence the R1 designation for research. I just don't like the message that is conveyed when you don't set the bar higher and dream big. I understand you have to be realistic but you also can't be afraid to take risks to achieve something greater than the status quo.

unbison
01-21-2022, 04:38 PM

Forever in basketball

El_Chapo
01-21-2022, 06:26 PM
Forever in basketball

me and unbison disagree on alot.. i mean ALOT but this is where i'm LockStep with him. NDSU with Stony Brook AD & 1 of these shitty podunk presidents will be stuck in FCS Forever with NDSU football.

therefore the ONLY way this athletic dept can grow and excel is HIGH LEVEL MID MAJOR BASKETBALL!!!!

scottietohottie
01-22-2022, 01:51 AM
I'm enjoying a little satisfaction knowing that while I was bitching about Matt Larson and his covid season shit he was doing behind closed door contract extensions. What a tool.

El_Chapo
02-11-2022, 10:13 PM
So Matt either A) turned down the CUSA Football only offer (which is fuckng stupid)
or
B) denies he knows anything about it (which is a LIE)

C) he did the Richman extension in dark of night.

D) have you NOT seen enough of the Stony ?

Elvis was a Bison
02-12-2022, 01:02 AM
BRAWK!!!

tHeSkYiSfAlLiNg... tHeSkYiSfAlLiNg....

BRAWK!!!

BigHorns
02-12-2022, 02:47 AM
So Matt either A)turned down the CUSA Football only offer (which is fuckng stupid)
or
B) denies he knows anything about it (which is a LIE)

C) he did the Richman extension in dark of night.

D) have you NOT seen enough of the Stony ?

Thank the gods if he said no to CUSA.

That conference is a blazing dumpster fire.
Rumor is Tarleton State and SFA might be on deck to join.

Do you really want to go from MVFC to Southland 2.0 with games shown on Flo Sports and Facebook?

El_Chapo
02-12-2022, 02:50 AM
we've waited for a FBS invite 10 years now and if we had 1 we should've took it.

hell we'd asswhip those teams 12-0 for 2 years in a row then Big 12 is calling our names

TAILG8R
02-12-2022, 02:53 AM
we've waited for a FBS invite 10 years now and if we had 1 we should've took it.

hell we'd asswhip those teams 12-0 for 2 years in a row then Big 12 is calling our namesYou're getting into your own stash again Chapo ... Put it down and walk away. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
02-12-2022, 12:36 PM
I agree with Chapo on CUSA, it is a means to an end. Positions us in a much better place for the MWC. FCS football is trash, you want to know why attendance sucks it is because we pay P5 prices for a weekly blowout. For that blowout we get a decliing gameday experience, this is where ML has lagged massively behind GT.

I am not sure what to do about basketball and DR, we are just kind of stuck in a high floor/low ceiling level of program. Getting exactly what we put into that program and like unbison says it has been going on forever.

WhoRepsTheLurker
02-12-2022, 01:38 PM
I agree with Chapo on CUSA, it is a means to an end. Positions us in a much better place for the MWC. FCS football is trash, you want to know why attendance sucks it is because we pay P5 prices for a weekly blowout. For that blowout we get a decliing gameday experience, this is where ML has lagged massively behind GT.

I am not sure what to do about basketball and DR, we are just kind of stuck in a high floor/low ceiling level of program. Getting exactly what we put into that program and like unbison says it has been going on forever.

Natural selection

Why do you suppose CUSA’s TV deal looks bad next to NDSU’s? No offense to CUSA. Make it better and we’ll talk, assuming we’re still in FCS. JMU turned down the Sunbelt first time around.

I understand what you mean by getting a foot in the door, but NDSU athletics kills what it eats, relatively speaking. The CFB landscape is too uncertain right now to knowingly take a pay cut just for the FBS label.

unbison
02-12-2022, 02:30 PM
Natural selection

Why do you suppose CUSA’s TV deal looks bad next to NDSU’s? No offense to CUSA. Make it better and we’ll talk, assuming we’re still in FCS. JMU turned down the Sunbelt first time around.

I understand what you mean by getting a foot in the door, but NDSU athletics kills what it eats, relatively speaking. The CFB landscape is too uncertain right now to knowingly take a pay cut just for the FBS label.

It’s more then a label it’s the top division
We play in the second

NDSUstudent
02-12-2022, 03:07 PM
Natural selection

JMU has massive geographical advantages compared to us, they had conferences fighting each other to get them. We might need to be more agressive to get a footing in the FBS world. Had we waited around in DII, we would still be waiting for the right fit. We might need to find our FBS Great West.

BigHorns
02-12-2022, 03:31 PM
It’s more then a label it’s the top division
We play in the second

Not really, P5 is the top level, G5 is a second tier, and CUSA is at the very bottom.
It would be like joining the NEC or Pioneer league in FCS. Nobody cares if you win it, and it's not much of a springboard. It also won't give you any real shot at the CFP. You are stuck in obscurity, with noone watching or caring. The few teams left (MTSU, WKU) are desperately trying to leave for destinations like the MAC. None of them other than SHSU and JSU really want to be there.

On top of all that, there is rampant speculation about whether or not CUSA even exists in 5 years. The teams are bad, the media deal worse, and they are spread halfway around the country so no rivalries will be created.

It would be a huge financial burden as well, they make peanuts from Facebook and travel costs are high. We would likely lose our existing regional broadcasts for facebook or Flo Sports paywall.

There is no current situation worse than CUSA, even FBS Indy would be better.

El_Chapo
02-12-2022, 04:17 PM
Power 5 is Division 1

G5 is Division 2 = CUSA is FBS. period.

FCS is Division 3

Division 3 is where Larson should be AD at.

unbison
02-12-2022, 06:37 PM
Power 5 is Division 1

G5 is Division 2 = CUSA is FBS. period.

FCS is Division 3

Division 3 is where Larson should be AD at.
According to what you just said he is in the right place

unbison
02-12-2022, 06:38 PM
Not really, P5 is the top level, G5 is a second tier, and CUSA is at the very bottom.
It would be like joining the NEC or Pioneer league in FCS. Nobody cares if you win it, and it's not much of a springboard. It also won't give you any real shot at the CFP. You are stuck in obscurity, with noone watching or caring. The few teams left (MTSU, WKU) are desperately trying to leave for destinations like the MAC. None of them other than SHSU and JSU really want to be there.

On top of all that, there is rampant speculation about whether or not CUSA even exists in 5 years. The teams are bad, the media deal worse, and they are spread halfway around the country so no rivalries will be created.

It would be a huge financial burden as well, they make peanuts from Facebook and travel costs are high. We would likely lose our existing regional broadcasts for facebook or Flo Sports paywall.

There is no current situation worse than CUSA, even FBS Indy would be better.

So we play in the third division

tjbison
02-12-2022, 11:21 PM
According to what you just said he is in the right place

Lol...I thought thecsame thing

El_Chapo
02-13-2022, 12:24 AM
Division 5 I guess. (which is Division 3 oops)

BigHorns
02-13-2022, 12:58 AM
So we play in the third division

I guess thats one way to view it.

The thing is we are the very best program FCS had ever had.
Why would we trade that for a garbage conference that is on life support?
If we are going to move to "division 2" at least go for a Big Sky or SoCon type move, not NEC/Pioneer equivalent.
CUSA would not give us a boost, it would be a big setback. NO espn games or media money. No quality teams.

The only possible upside would be OOC games, but do you really think suddenly everyone will want to play us?
If the magic FBS label can make that happen, then FBS independent is the real answer.

I'd love to see the Bison join the MWC, and MAC might be ok, though thats a lateral type move.

ByeSonBusiness
02-13-2022, 01:36 AM
I guess thats one way to view it.

The thing is we are the very best program FCS had ever had.
Why would we trade that for a garbage conference that is on life support?
If we are going to move to "division 2" at least go for a Big Sky or SoCon type move, not NEC/Pioneer equivalent.
CUSA would not give us a boost, it would be a big setback. NO espn games or media money. No quality teams.

The only possible upside would be OOC games, but do you really think suddenly everyone will want to play us?
If the magic FBS label can make that happen, then FBS independent is the real answer.

I'd love to see the Bison join the MWC, and MAC might be ok, though thats a lateral type move.

I dont see how the MAC would be lateral. Its better than the MVFC and get to play P5 teams regularly. Wouldn't you like to see NDSU play in the Horseshoe or ND Stadium?

BigHorns
02-13-2022, 05:17 AM
I dont see how the MAC would be lateral. Its better than the MVFC and get to play P5 teams regularly. Wouldn't you like to see NDSU play in the Horseshoe or ND Stadium?

MAC is a mixed bag to me, some good, some not so great.

Teams are probably a little better competitively than MVFC, but the attendance at games is often worse.
FWIW, Sagarin says MVFC is better than MAC East, but MAC West is better than MVFC.
MACtion on ESPN is cool, but mostly weekday games.

Playing P5's would be great, but I don't think its guaranteed. Some would likely still avoid us.

On balance, I'd be happy with moving to the MAC, just don't think its the utopia some imagine.
Its more a possible entry point than a good final destination.
Wouldn't be upset if we went, or if we decided to wait for MWC instead.

I do think MAC could give us a solid base to build from.

kab1one
02-13-2022, 01:39 PM
Division 5 I guess. (which is Division 3 oops)

This is where El Chapo should quit talking on this thread. Do a George Castanza when he was working on for the Krueger Company, make a good comment and leave.

More you post the more you lose your smoke.

I will note. We don't know what the true cost of moving conferences or divisions is and where are you going to play? I really don't think there is an answer to this. Fargo is just in a tough spot media wise and travel wise.

What can be done is promote the program(s). Coach Bohl was EVERYWHERE. Bars, Restaurants, Schools, Concerts, events, sides of buses. He brought attention to the program. Sure he took a lot of the attention, but he helped fill and sell tickets. Klieman didn't do this. Entz is never seen. BB coaches are not seen.

EDC basketball has some pretty players and teams. Make a presence and come see the coaches. Contact is limited from my experience.

Crank of the marketing machine. Take a grad level marketing class and turn them loose. You don't need to hire a firm. Hire the school to promote.

Oh well it is what it is.

semobison
02-13-2022, 03:45 PM

The MAC had 8 teams go to Bowl games this year. Average attendance at these games were less than 14,000. Big time College football!
Do you want to play games during the middle of the week?
Just because we are in the MAC doesn’t guarantee us any games at the Elite teams in P5. Games at Rutgers and Northwestern would be more likely.

MWC, yes, MAC no flipping way!

ByeSonBusiness
02-13-2022, 04:11 PM
The MAC had 8 teams go to Bowl games this year. Average attendance at these games were less than 14,000. Big time College football!
Do you want to play games during the middle of the week?
Just because we are in the MAC doesn’t guarantee us any games at the Elite teams in P5. Games at Rutgers and Northwestern would be more likely.

MWC, yes, MAC no flipping way!

A game or two in the middle of the week would not bother me. If that's the price of admission to playing against schools who invest in football, so be it.

semobison
02-13-2022, 05:06 PM
A game or two in the middle of the week would not bother me. If that's the price of admission to playing against schools who invest in football, so be it.

How many fans will there be at the Fargodome for a wednesday night game against Kent State?

daddy daycare
02-13-2022, 05:28 PM
How many fans will there be at the Fargodome for a wednesday night game against Kent State?

Not 50% capacity.

BigHorns
02-13-2022, 08:43 PM

Eastern/Western/Central Michigan and Ball St don't really get me fired up either to be honest.
And that's who we'd be playing most games. But still far better than SHSU, JSU and Utep in the "new" CUSA after all the good schools left.

Choosing a conference is about what schools you want to play and be associated with, not just a division label.

ByeSonBusiness
02-13-2022, 11:48 PM

Don't know and don't care. We averaged like 15K last fall and that number ain't going up much as long as we are FCS IMO.

unbison
02-13-2022, 11:49 PM
Eastern/Western/Central Michigan and Ball St don't really get me fired up either to be honest.
And that's who we'd be playing most games. But still far better than SHSU, JSU and Utep in the "new" CUSA after all the good schools left.

Choosing a conference is about what schools you want to play and be associated with, not just a division label.

More then we’re at most games this year

NDSUstudent
02-14-2022, 12:10 AM
Odd how a nonconference game vs JSU or SHSU as an FCS team would amped up to 11 by some here but as a FBS conference game it is somehow not worthy of even being paid attention to.

NDSU1980
02-14-2022, 02:14 AM

How many want to see a yearly offering of Drake, Valpo, and at some time I'd say Stetson? These aren't even D3 teams. And that seems to be what we have rolling through the dome every year.

ByeSonBusiness
02-14-2022, 02:56 AM
How many want to see a yearly offering of Drake, Valpo, and at some time I'd say Stetson? These aren't even D3 teams. And that seems to be what we have rolling through the dome every year.

Nobody. People keep ignoring that our current idea of a bad FBS opponent is a lot more interesting than the scrubs we bring in for non-con games presently.

oldmantutters
02-14-2022, 03:35 AM
How many want to see a yearly offering of Drake, Valpo, and at some time I'd say Stetson? These aren't even D3 teams. And that seems to be what we have rolling through the dome every year.I think we should try a home and home with the Hatters. I'll buy some gear and sit in the visitors section when they come here.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

HerdBot
02-14-2022, 01:51 PM

It would be sold out. But tailgating would be lower since most people wouldn't take a full day off of work. But it would be cool having a night tailgate for an espn game, so maybe fans would dig it

El_Chapo
02-14-2022, 03:13 PM
It would be sold out. But tailgating would be lower since most people wouldn't take a full day off of work. But it would be cool having a night tailgate for an espn game, so maybe fans would dig it

taking off work at Noon on Wed or Thursday and tailgating until 7pm for a game on ESPN would be awesome actually. nothing else to do in Fargo!!

but Mountain West or CUSA would be better

daddy daycare
02-14-2022, 03:23 PM

Wouldn't even be half full.

BigHorns
02-14-2022, 05:45 PM
Odd how a nonconference game vs JSU or SHSU as an FCS team would amped up to 11 by some here but as a FBS conference game it is somehow not worthy of even being paid attention to.

The difference is we would be trading MVFC conference games for SHSU/JSU. Thats a downgrade compared to SDSU, UND, UNI, etc.
Would anyone really want to trade MVFC for Southland? Other than the label, thats exactly what it would be.

semobison
02-14-2022, 07:54 PM

Crazy post of the week! Congratulations!
Many people plan their weekend around Saturday Bison games and travel to make the games. They are not taking off work to come down to Fargo on Wednesday night to see the Bison play teams like Kent State. Wow!
Have you seen the MAC attendance numbers? 5000-6000 on some weeknight games! I’ve checked a few of them out on ESPN. Looked like flipping high school games.

Professorbum
02-14-2022, 08:35 PM
Crazy post of the week! Congratulations!
Many people plan their weekend around Saturday Bison games and travel to make the games. They are not taking off work to come down to Fargo on Wednesday night to see the Bison play teams like Kent State. Wow!
Have you seen the MAC attendance numbers? 5000-6000 on some weeknight games! I’ve checked a few of them out on ESPN. Looked like flipping high school games.

It would be sold out. And it would be on TV. This is the problem. Some of you literally keep equating G5 FBS teams with the crap that is most of FCS. The quality of play isn't even close. Now, you might be fine with that garbage. But most of us aren't. And yes, we'd kill a Wednesday night to come see the Bison play even the lowest ranked FBS team in the country, whoever that is. Because it isn't FCS.

GRAFTONBISON
02-14-2022, 08:58 PM
I think you are all correct to a certain degree. A Wednesday night game would be sold out or at least close to it, mainly due to season ticket holders. However, actual butts in seats would be much, much less. Our family would continue to purchase season tickets but attending a Wednesday night game would be tough no matter if was an FBS opponent.

El_Chapo
02-14-2022, 09:13 PM
200,000 in this FM Area. We can get 10% for f--- sake. a real AD should easily get 10% of their pop to goto a game!

ByeSonBusiness
02-14-2022, 09:44 PM
The difference is we would be trading MVFC conference games for SHSU/JSU. Thats a downgrade compared to SDSU, UND, UNI, etc.
Would anyone really want to trade MVFC for Southland? Other than the label, thats exactly what it would be.

Would also be trading Butler and Wagner for P5 games

semobison
02-14-2022, 09:51 PM
It would be sold out. And it would be on TV. This is the problem. Some of you literally keep equating G5 FBS teams with the crap that is most of FCS. The quality of play isn't even close. Now, you might be fine with that garbage. But most of us aren't. And yes, we'd kill a Wednesday night to come see the Bison play even the lowest ranked FBS team in the country, whoever that is. Because it isn't FCS.

Agreeing with crazy doesn’t make you right. It makes you crazy too.
The quality of play? In the MAC? Just because the G5 is FBS doesn’t make them big time football. G5 is closer to FCS than it is P5. But....as a reward they get to play in obscure Bowl games in front of 12000 fans. Get a clue!

semobison
02-14-2022, 09:53 PM
I think you are all correct to a certain degree. A Wednesday night game would be sold out or at least close to it, mainly due to season ticket holders. However, actual butts in seats would be much, much less. Our family would continue to purchase season tickets but attending a Wednesday night game would be tough no matter if was an FBS opponent.

A Wednesday night game?? Your going to have multiple every year in the MAC. No thanks!

IndyBison
02-14-2022, 10:38 PM
A Wednesday night game?? Your going to have multiple every year in the MAC. No thanks!I checked out of curiosity and the MAC teams had 2-4 midweek games in 2021 all in November. They all played 12 games. I have no idea how Bison fans will react to the games but I think it's safe to say it will be much better than any MAC schools. Very few of them get great crowds consistently for Saturday games. But they do occasionally get to host P5 schools. Ball State has hosted IU once in the last 10 years I believe.

A bad MAC school is better than a bad MVFC school. Whether or not fans get excited about the teams is unknown but the overall level of play will be better.

I think the biggest issue in the MAC is there is never a consistently good team. It seems to vary year to year and which team has the hot coach who gets poached by a P5 schools. This will make it harder to establish a consistent rival.

Regardless of MAC or MWC the Bison would continue to be successful and get more P5 games. They would have more losses than they have during this run but that could eventually happen in FCS as well. People under estimate how hard this has been regardless of how easy they have made it look. Could the next coach hire struggle? What happens when Kramer eventually leaves? What if they have a couple bad QB recruits in a row? If G5 I'm confident they will consistently pay in bowl games and many fans would attend regardless because it will be a fun event in a new city. The regular season will be better and your perspective of the postseason will need to be different. They are capable of having a Boise or UCF type program but it's not guaranteed.

Cincinnati was a different beast. They've been really good for several years and had an outstanding year this year. They are also in a major market with a strong following and in close proximity to some great high school football in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. Chicago is only 5 hours away. They've recruited B1G caliber players from each of those states for years. It's also a very good school with a great academic reputation. We know friends who have sent kids there the past several years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

daddy daycare
02-14-2022, 10:40 PM
Zero chance a mid-week MAC game sells out. Well it'll be a sellout but the blue seats on TV would be 50/50 at best. I don''t care who the GD opponent is, I ain't driving from Bismarck for a mid-week game in a low level G5 conference just as I wouldn't for a MVFC game or even a B12 game. Breaking news, the world doesn't revolve around NDSU athletics as much as some of you would like it too.

1998braves64
02-14-2022, 11:15 PM
200,000 in this FM Area. We can get 10% for f--- sake. a real AD should easily get 10% of their pop to goto a game!

Yah all 200,000 people are bison fans probably 10% don't even know who the f NDSU is.

I think you oversell Bison fans that show up at Fargodome on this aspect. So many from long distances. Going to be tough to get people from 3+ hours away to come midweek especially those with kids that are putting butts in seats. Case in point see below.

Zero chance a mid-week MAC game sells out. Well it'll be a sellout but the blue seats on TV would be 50/50 at best. I don''t care who the GD opponent is, I ain't driving from Bismarck for a mid-week game in a low level G5 conference just as I wouldn't for a MVFC game or even a B12 game. Breaking news, the world doesn't revolve around NDSU athletics as much as some of you would like it too.

Not sure I'd drive from my workplace in Fargo to FD to try to meet up with family for a Wed game unless it was a P5 opponent... MAC opponent meh... MVFC opponent meh too by the way.

I have a few acres of beachfront property in Arizona if you think going MAC game would sell out wed night games for the next 5-10 years.

GreenfieldBison
02-14-2022, 11:32 PM
Yah all 200,000 people are bison fans probably 10% don't even know who the f NDSU is.

I think you oversell Bison fans that show up at Fargodome on this aspect. So many from long distances. Going to be tough to get people from 3+ hours away to come midweek especially those with kids that are putting butts in seats. Case in point see below.

Not sure I'd drive from my workplace in Fargo to FD to try to meet up with family for a Wed game unless it was a P5 opponent... MAC opponent meh... MVFC opponent meh too by the way.

I have a few acres of beachfront property in Arizona if you think going MAC game would sell out wed night games for the next 5-10 years.

Don’t know about any Wed games but what is the beachfront like? Sandy? Shallow? Nice view? …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison
02-14-2022, 11:43 PM
The MAC conference championship game this year at Ford field in Detroit between Kent St and Northern Illinois had an attendance of 10,300 fans! Big time College football!

CAS4127
02-14-2022, 11:56 PM
The MAC conference championship game this year at Ford field in Detroit between Kent St and Northern Illinois had an attendance of 10,300 fans! Big time College football!

Re: Dome—>There would be initial enthusiasm, and then Meh … same old, same old.

El_Chapo
02-15-2022, 12:20 AM
oh FFS. no one WANTS the Mac.

this is foolish talk. CUSA is better than the MAC.

but to get FBS you gotta take ANY FBS and we didn't do that!!

Mountain West Conference with 3 Power 5 games & 1 UNI/SDSU game would be SICK!!!

NDSUstudent
02-15-2022, 12:31 AM

Playing SHSU is a downgrade from UND....ok. I can buy SDSU and that might be about it, UNI maybe if they ever become relevant again or if a team like MSU/SIU/YSU/ISUR is having a strong season. Notice though only SDSU is a clear upgrade.

NDSUstudent
02-15-2022, 12:39 AM
I think a weeknight game could be interesting, not a sellout but I could see the students being amped and a solid Fargo crowd. Would probably be the best atmosphere in MACtion history.

IndyBison
02-15-2022, 01:58 AM
I think a weeknight game could be interesting, not a sellout but I could see the students being amped and a solid Fargo crowd. Would probably be the best atmosphere in MACtion history.I worked a game last year at a D3 school and the score was like 54-42. One of the guys working with us was a MAC official. He made a comment to me that this was high scoring like a MAC-tion game. As I looked to the 1000 people in the stands, I said, "yes, but we have more fans." He said, "you're not wrong." The announced crowd is usually much higher than butts in seats. The interest in those games at most schools is not much different than MVFC. The Bison likely have the highest attendance from day 1 and even with 10-12k on a Wednesday night be much bigger than most.

semobison
02-15-2022, 02:44 AM
I think a weeknight game could be interesting, not a sellout but I could see the students being amped and a solid Fargo crowd. Would probably be the best atmosphere in MACtion history.

A weeknight game? Teams in the MAC play multiple weeknight games every season.
College football was intended to be played on saturdays!

IndyBison
02-15-2022, 02:53 AM
A weeknight game? Teams in the MAC play multiple weeknight games every season.
College football was intended to be played on saturdays!They only do it in November. 2-4 games so no more than 1 or 2 home games. The other 8-10 (likely 5-6 give games) would be Saturday.

56BISON73
02-15-2022, 03:23 AM
They only do it in November. 2-4 games so no more than 1 or 2 home games. The other 8-10 (likely 5-6 give games) would be Saturday.

I think they had 3-4 weeks and there were numerous games . I actually enjoyed them.

IndyBison
02-15-2022, 03:29 AM
I think they had 3-4 weeks and there were numerous games . I actually enjoyed them.Correct but some teams still played Saturdays some of those weeks. Not sure if there were byes also. I think there were 3 teams that only played 2 and 3 teams that played 4. The rest played 3.

BigHorns
02-15-2022, 04:06 AM
Playing SHSU is a downgrade from UND....ok. I can buy SDSU and that might be about it, UNI maybe if they ever become relevant again or if a team like MSU/SIU/YSU/ISUR is having a strong season. Notice though only SDSU is a clear upgrade.

JSU went 5-6 and didn't make the FCS playoffs, not even one of the top 24 teams.
NMSU went 2-10 in FBS this year. 1 win over SC State from the MEAC. 1 FBS win over a horrible UMass team that lost to URI and Maine.
FIU went 1-11 in FBS this year. That one win was over Long Island from the NEC. Zero FBS wins.

At least half the MVFC would demolish them. These teams are not good at football, not even FCS good.

CUSA just lost 9 teams. A couple more of them are still hoping (WKU, MTSU) to escape to the MAC or elsewhere. They probably won't be there in 2 or 3 years. What is left of CUSA is the dregs, teams that noone else wanted.
Beating them will impress noone, and noone will be watching.

The MAC should be the bottom of what we consider for FBS.

daddy daycare
02-15-2022, 12:15 PM
oh FFS. no one WANTS the Mac.

this is foolish talk. CUSA is better than the MAC.

but to get FBS you gotta take ANY FBS and we didn't do that!!

Mountain West Conference with 3 Power 5 games & 1 UNI/SDSU game would be SICK!!!

The new CUSA is going to suck. Nobody cares about that league. It adds nothing to NDSU. In fact, you may be correct about the MAC because most people don't care about that league either.

MWC is the only answer. But good luck getting 3 P5 games.

El_Chapo
02-15-2022, 02:00 PM
The new CUSA is going to suck. Nobody cares about that league. It adds nothing to NDSU. In fact, you may be correct about the MAC because most people don't care about that league either.

MWC is the only answer. But good luck getting 3 P5 games.

but MWC might not expand for 3-5 years and NDSU being a FBS program is much easier to pick up than NDSU the FCS program. that's why i'm FBS at all costs, anywhere in 2022. Its a step ladder or stool.

BigHorns
02-15-2022, 04:22 PM
but MWC might not expand for 3-5 years and NDSU being a FBS program is much easier to pick up than NDSU the FCS program. that's why i'm FBS at all costs, anywhere in 2022. Its a step ladder or stool.

At least in the case of CUSA, its more like a trapdoor or a chasm to hell.
We might not survive 3-5 years in CUSA with no interesting games and being stuck on a Facebook page or FloSports paywall.
Our brand and exposure would be greatly diminished.

Nobody in the new CUSA is going to be jumping to MWC. Those remaining are hoping for a MAC lifeline.

56BISON73
02-15-2022, 04:25 PM

The move has to be whats best for NDSU. Making a move under those circumstances isnt whats best for NDSU. Its only good for your ego.

El_Chapo
02-15-2022, 04:34 PM
sounds like the same broken record then.

MATT STONY BROOK LARSON ISN'T GOING TO PUSH NDSU PERIOD.
He Doesn't want this gravy train to stop
Sitting here doing nothing for 4-5 years is his plan and will continue to be his plan.
that's obvious!

BigHorns
02-15-2022, 05:02 PM
The conference Chapo wants to join, at any cost. Let's go down with the ship!

https://twitter.com/thebirdpodcast/status/1492260889705263112?s=21

56BISON73
02-15-2022, 05:59 PM
sounds like the same broken record then.

MATT STONY BROOK LARSON ISN'T GOING TO PUSH NDSU PERIOD.
He Doesn't want this gravy train to stop
Sitting here doing nothing for 4-5 years is his plan and will continue to be his plan.
that's obvious!

Speaking of broken records. Look in that mirror small time.

El_Chapo
02-15-2022, 06:33 PM
NDSU is small time, we get mocked all over the country for not being FBS and not MOVING UP. We are viewed as D2.

we are trophy chasing. I get it. I love that our program is still on top.

but it's TIME NOW, its been time for YEARS and it'll be TIME TOMORROW.

We SUBSIDIZE THE FCS and THIS CONFERENCE. its' OVER, its TIME. and this AD better get off his ASS and do something or step aside for someone that will!

unbison
02-15-2022, 10:11 PM
Who mocks us?
What ridicule?
And or what?

El_Chapo
02-15-2022, 10:23 PM
Who mocks us?
What ridicule?
And or what?

every post on twitter/Facebook
every conversation where you say you're a ndsu fan
every sports bar you go to
every where you travel

why don't you move up?
why are you trophy chasing in D2?
small time, play with the big boys

at least 5 years now, probably more, every single time without fail.

daddy daycare
02-15-2022, 10:35 PM
There's no need to lie like that. We aren't really that dumb.

Problem 1 is worrying about what someone else thinks about you. Thought we learned that in elementary school.

daddy daycare
02-15-2022, 10:53 PM
NDSU is small time, we get mocked all over the country for not being FBS and not MOVING UP. We are viewed as D2.

we are trophy chasing. I get it. I love that our program is still on top.

but it's TIME NOW, its been time for YEARS and it'll be TIME TOMORROW.

We SUBSIDIZE THE FCS and THIS CONFERENCE. its' OVER, its TIME. and this AD better get off his ASS and do something or step aside for someone that will!

NDSU announces they're going FBS. Does UND, SDSU, USD rejoice or are they pissed?

unbison
02-15-2022, 11:47 PM
every where you travel

why don't you move up?

So your fragile ego can’t take it
I get it now
Again Ndsu is where it can afford to be

IndyBison
02-16-2022, 01:06 AM
every where you travel

why don't you move up?

I get those questions as well, but I reply with "even if they want to move up they need an invite from a conference and their geography makes that hard." The response is usually, "that make sense." No ridicule or mockery. Something tells me your response probably results in ridicule and mockery.

El_Chapo
02-16-2022, 01:37 AM
NDSU announces they're going FBS. Does UND, SDSU, USD rejoice or are they pissed?

THEY DIE ON THE VINE. they are nothing without NDSU. and we steal their top.4-5 recruits and treat thier programs like our minor-leagues.... yet another reason to go FBS

ego? EVERYONE MOCKS US.

semobison
02-16-2022, 03:06 AM
I get those questions as well, but I reply with "even if they want to move up they need an invite from a conference and their geography makes that hard." The response is usually, "that make sense." No ridicule or mockery. Something tells me your response probably results in ridicule and mockery.

Lots of Bvillers with little man syndrome but nobody has a case as bad as EL Chapo!

56BISON73
02-16-2022, 03:28 AM
every where you travel

why don't you move up?

Bullshit......

El_Chapo
02-16-2022, 01:16 PM
get that last word in...... & can't refute facts

unbison
02-16-2022, 01:28 PM
get that last word in...... & can't refute facts

What fucking facts you have none
You have a deranged hypothesis

El_Chapo
02-16-2022, 03:39 PM
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. FACTS.

No FBS
Declining attendence in all sports
Declining fanbase interest in all sports
Declining Basketball, Softball, Volleyball programs
contract extensions in the dark
lying about CUSA, or Ignoring them altogether
failed to play games in 2019 with arguably the best NDSU team ever

yea, he's been awesome.

unbison
02-16-2022, 04:10 PM

No FBS

yea, he's been awesome.

Attendance is falling everywhere in college athletics
What fcs teams played games in 2019?
He didn’t inherit juggernaut basketball, volleyball teams

How many games did you attend this basketball season were you part of the problem or part of the solution ?

SDbison
02-16-2022, 04:31 PM
Attendance is falling everywhere in college athletics
What fcs teams played games in 2019?
He didn’t inherit juggernaut basketball, volleyball teams

How many games did you attend this basketball season were you part of the problem or part of the solution ? Isn't Stony Brooks job to improve the status of NDSU's athletics? Gee, watching many sports get worse and some wallow in mediocrity is no way to be successful. As for football, just glad Stony no balls has not screwed that up yet!

daddy daycare
02-16-2022, 05:44 PM

No FBS

yea, he's been awesome.

If you think my interest is declining in football just wait until they announce a CUSA plan.

The_Sicatoka
02-17-2022, 01:43 PM
Why don't you folks trust that Dean Bresciani, who sits on the NCAA reorg committee, knows what's really going on behind the NCAA curtain and is doing smart things?

daddy daycare
02-17-2022, 02:54 PM
Why don't you folks trust that Dean Bresciani, who sits on the NCAA reorg committee, knows what's really going on behind the NCAA curtain and is doing smart things?

Most of us do. There's a loud minority that believe those 2 just play wordle. Imagine thinking an AD and PRES want to internally demolish the school and athletic programs that employ them.

The_Sicatoka
02-17-2022, 03:02 PM
Most of us do. There's a loud minority that believe those 2 just play wordle. Imagine thinking an AD and PRES want to internally demolish the school and athletic programs that employ them.

CR_Z_

:biggrin:

unbison
02-17-2022, 04:33 PM

Is that not the truth

HerdBot
02-18-2022, 02:46 AM

No FBS
Not yet
combo of many things. 1) covid 2) squeezing 2 seasons into 1 year 3) Fargodome failures, including unnecessary metal detectors 4) killing tailgating in the spring, which was his dumbest decision 5) all teams have seen declining attendance 6) laziness in the overall experience
kind of the same as above but some blame is due to mirrored scheduling. Although Dave hasn't taken out team to the next level, we've been solid, but unspectacular. Softball hasn't declined, just 1 bad season. Volleyball has sucked for a decade plus
That was odd but it wasn't eventful
Not his decision to make. Football would have been interesting with another team making the move with us, but all sports would be the death of athletics. Sunbelt ain't the Mountain West
half the FCS opted out, including many of the G5 schools

yea, he's been awesome.

I would see he has been incredible at fundraising and providing the resources we need, but could improve in fan engagement

El_Chapo
03-01-2022, 05:58 PM
asked about fbs.

"I don't know our future" hmm and haaaa .. cmon dude. just pathetic

caller says. 149-12 9 titles, what else is there to do. " I'll take 20 natl titles"

gtfo...

WhoRepsTheLurker
03-01-2022, 06:14 PM
What I heard today, essentially, was that FBS playoff expansion is critical to NDSU having FBS interest ...

So f*ck the 'alliance' and their fat greedy asses. Take it out on Arizona in Sept.

El_Chapo
03-01-2022, 09:09 PM
What I heard today, essentially, was that FBS playoff expansion is critical to NDSU having FBS interest ...

So f*ck the 'alliance' and their fat greedy asses. Take it out on Arizona in Sept.

yea then he had to Audacity to pump up this Arizona game.... its BEEN 6 years since a FBS and you been AD!! pathetic.

Also. why are we building a IPF on the very spot where a NEW ON CAMPUS NDSU STADIUM COULD OF WENT?

BigHorns
03-01-2022, 09:19 PM
yea then he had to Audacity to pump up this Arizona game.... its BEEN 6 years since a FBS and you been AD!! pathetic.

Also. why are we building a IPF on the very spot where a NEW ON CAMPUS NDSU STADIUM COULD OF WENT?

When you donate $15 mil to a building, I'm sure they will take your input on its location.

Likely Fargo will have to get involved in any stadium replacement project anyways.

ByeSonBusiness
03-02-2022, 02:30 AM

Did you want them to build the IPF in south Moorhead or?

Bisonguy
03-02-2022, 03:49 AM

Yeah, the Fargodome with it's cramped concourses and 19k seating capacity wouldn't even fit in that location. FACTS.

El_Chapo
03-02-2022, 12:26 PM
you don't think NDSU architecture/engineering grads & their companies couldn't shoe horn in a new stadium in that spot that the IPF is going?

Bison Dan
03-02-2022, 12:34 PM
you don't think NDSU architecture/engineering grads & their companies couldn't shoe horn in a new stadium in that spot that the IPF is going?

Where would you park?

scottietohottie
03-02-2022, 12:42 PM
Where would you park?

Won't it be on TV?

scottietohottie
03-02-2022, 12:52 PM
Tuesday night must see tv. Who needs a parking lot?

El_Chapo
03-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Where would you park?

R lot. too late now.

he's been here 6 years .Football is plateauing (atrendence down)
Basketball average at best in 23-26th conference attendence way down
women's bball average 324 fans below average
volleyball tanked
track. DIDNT WIN CONF for 1st time ever
softball was a top 25-30 team poof.average
Wrestling & Baseball in same spot

that's the truth. New Pres New AD . Let's goo

Mountain West ALL Sports, sell your soul to get that, don't care anymore, if Hawaii can give concessions for football we can too

NDSU1980
03-02-2022, 02:02 PM

I'm all for going FBS but we DON'T need a new stadium. For FBS to ever fly in the near term you have to forget about your pie in the sky stadium. It ain't happening. Insisting on a new stadium for FBS only enables the FCS FOREVER crowd.

El_Chapo
03-02-2022, 02:21 PM
I'm all for going FBS but we DON'T need a new stadium. For FBS to ever fly in the near term you have to forget about your pie in the sky stadium. It ain't happening. Insisting on a new stadium for FBS only enables the FCS FOREVER crowd.

dont care, we wanna be BIG time or what? its 2022. dome is 30 years old and NDSU has no control over it or revenues.

NDSU builds own stadium, they get ALL the revenues.

waiting on someone to refute my post above you though... i'll make a pot of coffee.. might be awhile.

NDSU_grad
03-02-2022, 03:08 PM
This might be the stupidest thing you've ever said, and that bar is really really high.

El_Chapo
03-02-2022, 03:16 PM
This might be the stupidest thing you've ever said, and that bar is really really high.

that's where we always wanted the new stadium. you all said if it was west of campus it'd be in hector's fly zone or some shi.t

NDSU_grad
03-02-2022, 03:22 PM
that's where we always wanted the new stadium. you all said if it was west of campus it'd be in hector's fly zone or some shi.t
The footprint of the Fargodome and parking is about 7x larger than the footprint of the practice fields. A 2nd grader could have figured this out.

NDSU_grad
03-02-2022, 03:30 PM
Where would you park?
We'll build a 22 story parking garage above the stadium. First of its kind.

roadwarrior
03-02-2022, 04:46 PM

What do you mean by "we"?

HerdBot
03-02-2022, 05:43 PM

The footprint of the Fargodome and parking is about 7x larger than the footprint of the practice fields. A 2nd grader could have figured this out.

The Fargodome footprint, when you count the parking lots on both sides, would be equal to the the following land mass that houses...

SHAC
Indoor Practice Field (Both the IPF and the outdoor turf)
Newman Outdoor Field
Dacotah Field
Shelly Ellig (and all the parking around it)
Bio Science Research Lab

and you could still run a road down the middle

But the land west of the dome near the airport is plenty big for a new stadium. It's equally as wide and deeper. Much depends if that land that is being used for agriculture can be relocated. Would a building equally as tall as the dome be too tall?

NDSU_grad
03-02-2022, 05:46 PM
The Fargodome footprint, when you count the parking lots on both sides, would be equal to the the following land mass that houses...

SHAC
Indoor Practice Field (Both the IPF and the outdoor turf)
Newman Outdoor Field
Dacotah Field
Shelly Ellig (and all the parking around it)
Bio Science Research Lab

and you could still run a road down the middle

But the land west of the dome near the airport is plenty big for a new stadium. It's equally as wide and deeper. Much depends if that land that is being used for agriculture can be relocated. Would a building equally as tall as the dome be too tall?
Plant Sciences has a research station near Prosper. I think it would be pretty easy to buy adjoining land there.

roadwarrior
03-02-2022, 06:41 PM
Would a building equally as tall as the dome be too tall?

Not if you moved the airport!

BISONBRI53
03-02-2022, 07:01 PM
Move airport! Save season!

HerdBot
03-02-2022, 08:46 PM
Not if you moved the airport!

I just looked at google maps and yep... right in the flight path. Would have to be west of the airport. Not that it's going to happen anyways.

El_Chapo
03-03-2022, 05:43 AM
What do you mean by "we"?

the insiders

Bisonguy
03-03-2022, 02:55 PM
the insiders

The insiders suck at fundraising. You should have about $1.5 billion in hand for a new stadium by now with the simple plan I laid out for you years ago.

WTF????? El Chapo Field at Lakesbison Stadium. Make it happen.

El_Chapo
03-03-2022, 03:32 PM
The insiders suck at fundraising. You should have about $1.5 billion in hand for a new stadium by now with the simple plan I laid out for you years ago.

WTF????? El Chapo Field at Lakesbison Stadium. Make it happen.

waiting on Kevin's Safemoon he promised me.

Hammerhead
03-03-2022, 06:51 PM

This was brought up by someone else years ago. Just build a new airport on one side of Hillsboro to replace the Fargo and G.F. airports and a big stadium on the other side that is shared by UND and NDSU. And have bullet trains running to and fro.

BISONBRI53
03-03-2022, 07:02 PM
This was brought up by someone else years ago. Just build a new airport on one side of Hillsboro to replace the Fargo and G.F. airports and a big stadium on the other side that is shared by UND and NDSU. And have bullet trains running to and fro.

I met that guy down in the cities for the Target Field game. We were walking back to Jack's after game and this guy would not leave it alone!

Bison Bridge Guy
03-03-2022, 08:50 PM

Moving an airport is not unprecedented in ND - Williston did it a couple years ago.

56BISON73
03-04-2022, 02:39 AM
I met that guy down in the cities for the Target Field game. We were walking back to Jack's after game and this guy would not leave it alone!

Was he the same guy who was pushing that NDSU and UND should also merge?

1998braves64
03-04-2022, 02:47 AM
Was he the same guy who was pushing that NDSU and UND should also merge?MplsBison I think? This is where I got my sig line! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BISONBRI53
03-04-2022, 02:36 PM
Was he the same guy who was pushing that NDSU and UND should also merge?

YES!!!! I couldn't get rid of the guy! He kept following and talking to me! Kinda like Lakes and Grandma's!

El_Chapo
04-19-2022, 03:37 AM
send the resume Matt. UMary is Stony Brook of the North...
you'll be hired, Todd Phelps too.
The University of Mary is two weeks away from needing a new athletic director. Dale Lennon is leaving his post with the Marauders at the end of the month to become the executive director of the State Historical Society Foundation of North Dakota.

oldmantutters
04-19-2022, 04:01 AM
The University of Mary is two weeks away from needing a new athletic director. Dale Lennon is leaving his post with the Marauders at the end of the month to become the executive director of the State Historical Society Foundation of North Dakota.That guy is still working?

El_Chapo
04-19-2022, 01:01 PM
That guy is still working?

Yea and now he gets the "NICKEL" back LOL

The_Sicatoka
04-19-2022, 03:40 PM
The University of Mary is two weeks away from needing a new athletic director. Dale Lennon is leaving his post with the Marauders at the end of the month to become the executive director of the State Historical Society Foundation of North Dakota.

I thought you'd apply and show NDSU how it should be done, and then get hired by NDSU to do it.

PickedBess
04-19-2022, 04:42 PM
Yea and now he gets the "NICKEL" back LOL

Lennon out at Mary. He goes from Athletics to a Historical Foundation. Interesting move. I'm sure he's bright enough.
More to the story. Not everything's a conspiracy. OK
Lennon with UND GF ties. Others with these ties Brian Klipfell he must be liked.
Ed O'Keefe GF native named Director Teddy Roosevelt Library has worked at some big companies.
Googling Ed I read he and my family have something in common. He donated a Kidney to a stranger that was supposed to go to his Mother. My grandson had a Kidney removed. They took a Kidney out of his sister my granddaughter and gave it to my grandson.
They were both done at Rochester.

bisonbuddy
04-20-2022, 12:00 AM
I thought you'd apply and show NDSU how it should be done, and then get hired by NDSU to do it.

Did your parents have such a dull sense of humor?

The_Sicatoka
04-20-2022, 02:39 PM
Did your parents have such a dull sense of humor?

Wasn't intended to be humorous.
Chapo has laid out all the answers here time and again.
UMary has good friends (aka $$$) in Bismarck. He'll prove it there.
He'll do it again for NDSU (if you can afford him after his first success).
And he'll dance on UND's desk for not doing it while he does it twice successfully.

scottietohottie
04-20-2022, 05:55 PM
Wasn't intended to be humorous.
Chapo has laid out all the answers here time and again.
UMary has good friends (aka $$$) in Bismarck. He'll prove it there.
He'll do it again for NDSU (if you can afford him after his first success).
And he'll dance on UND's desk for not doing it while he does it twice successfully.

Why don't you guys just use one account?

El_Chapo
05-04-2022, 02:08 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1521625666256523275?s=20

"and that's a fact"

so if NO FBS team will play us (IN OUR 1 or 2 week AVAILABLE time slot, how convenient for you ) then we just throw our hands up!

Then either
A) You move your schedule around and figure it out or
B) you MOVE UP TO FBS AT ALL COSTS BECAUSE YOU CANT GET GAMES!

you are losing the fanbase , attendence & attention is down PLUS the entirety of fbs fanbases make fun of NDSU for not moving up and NDSU is Subsiziding this entire FCS division as the Best Hooker on the Corner. argh.

CAS4127
05-04-2022, 02:31 AM

"and that's a fact"

so if NO FBS team will play us (IN OUR 1 or 2 week AVAILABLE time slot, how convenient for you ) then we just throw our hands up!

Then either

you are losing the fanbase , attendence & attention is down PLUS the entirety of fbs fanbases make fun of NDSU for not moving up and NDSU is Subsiziding this entire FCS division as the Best Hooker on the Corner. argh.

We’ll need a bunch of you non-monetary “fans” to step up” and not rely on others. Please tell what level you will commit to, both here and with NDSU (and confirm the latter). I’m guessing “ZERO”, as it’s all about Chapo/lakes. Srsly: What will you commit (contractionally and in an enforceable way.) Your basically slime otherwise.

El_Chapo
05-04-2022, 08:45 PM
ANNOUNCE FBS TOMORROW AND I GUARANTEE I COULD FUNDRAISE $1 MILLION in 1 month via exposure/marketing itself. It would be the shot in the arm this program needs

TransAmBison
05-04-2022, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=El_Chapo;1570683I COULD FUNDRAISE[/QUOTE]:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've got a sister-in-law like you...always willing to non-monetarily contribute and then takes credit. I can tell you it is so appreciated by the whole family.

El_Chapo
05-04-2022, 09:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've got a sister-in-law like you...always willing to non-monetarily contribute and then takes credit. I can tell you it is so appreciated by the whole family.

you're welcome!!

No_Skill
05-04-2022, 11:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I've got a sister-in-law like you...always willing to non-monetarily contribute and then takes credit. I can tell you it is so appreciated by the whole family.

Wait...you think he'll take all the credit if/when we go FBS? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

El_Chapo
05-05-2022, 01:42 AM
Wait...you think he'll take all the credit if/when we go FBS? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

I've been the only 1 pushing it since 2012!!

KSBisonFan
05-05-2022, 01:46 AM
I'll put this in this thread. Some interesting nuggets in the article.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article261072242.html

TransAmBison
05-05-2022, 04:16 PM
I've been the only 1 pushing it since 2012!!Words are wind. All you have done is given words, but you have no plan on personally supporting this financially...you just want to "pump it up" (and take credit) and have no skin in the game. If you were going to actually put money into this it would be a different thing, but you are no more invested than anybody on here that hasn't donated a dollar.

El_Chapo
05-05-2022, 06:19 PM
Words are wind. All you have done is given words, but you have no plan on personally supporting this financially...you just want to "pump it up" (and take credit) and have no skin in the game. If you were going to actually put money into this it would be a different thing, but you are no more invested than anybody on here that hasn't donated a dollar.

the hours upon hours of pushing FBS online and in person are adding up to the 6 figure's range easily bro. Kevin help TAB understand Marketing ..

TransAmBison
05-05-2022, 06:29 PM
the hours upon hours of pushing FBS online and in person are adding up to the 6 figure's range easily bro. Kevin help TAB understand Marketing ..:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes, please have Kevin explain marketing to me!!!!*

bottom line----El Chapo contributes $0.00 but he talks a lot, so there is that.

Bison Loaf
05-05-2022, 07:05 PM
Words are wind. All you have done is given words, but you have no plan on personally supporting this financially...you just want to "pump it up" (and take credit) and have no skin in the game. If you were going to actually put money into this it would be a different thing, but you are no more invested than anybody on here that hasn't donated a dollar.

Dammit TAB! It's your kind of pud attitude that has also been hindering us from getting our beloved AC/DC in here all these years! YES OF COURSE I don't personally contribute a damn thing monetarily to this critically important cause of our Boys performing a Live Thunderstruck Intro and a West Lot Meet 'n Greet Appearance ............... but look at all the freaking success we've had with THAT project, so far. It's amazing what a little well placed promotion can do! The truth is, what I and everyone else knows or should know ........ is that there is no one ........ and I do mean NO ONE ......... that we can personally and professionally trust more to take the all the credit and adulation when the big event eventually, inevitably happens ............... than little ol' lovable Loafy, living proof of how shit gets done on message boards. :nod:

And a note to all new Bisonville readers: learn about and donate large sums of your own personal money, not mine, to this special AC/DC project here ............... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1552971#post1552971

TransAmBison
05-05-2022, 07:24 PM
Dammit TAB! It's your kind of pud attitude that has also been hindering us from getting our beloved AC/DC in here all these years! YES OF COURSE I don't personally contribute a damn thing monetarily to this critically important cause of our Boys performing a Live Thunderstruck Intro and a West Lot Meet 'n Greet Appearance ............... but look at all the freaking success we've had with THAT project, so far. It's amazing what a little well placed promotion can do! The truth is, what I and everyone else knows or should know ........ is that there is no one ........ and I do mean NO ONE ......... that we can personally and professionally trust more to take the all the credit and adulation when the big event eventually, inevitably happens ............... than little ol' lovable Loafy, living proof of how shit gets done on message boards. :nod:

And a note to all new Bisonville readers: learn about and donate large sums of your own personal money, not mine, to this special AC/DC project here ............... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1552971#post1552971So what you are saying is if I'm reading this correctly, you will get AC/DC to play at our first tailgate when Lakes gets us to FBS Seems like an egyptian scheme to me.

Kevin
05-05-2022, 07:48 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes, please have Kevin explain marketing to me!!!!*

bottom line----El Chapo contributes $0.00 but he talks a lot, so there is that.

here's the thing u have to know about marekting bro sex sells doesnt matter what it is whether its fuckin' football or barn meth

thats why me and scottie got tasha lynn modeling the newest line of barn meth apparel plus she works for product

so why cant our so called AD figure this out bro?

why does lakes have to get coked up and shit post for MONTHS about the same thing instead?

how is that efficient?

Bison Loaf
05-05-2022, 08:24 PM
So what you are saying is if I'm reading this correctly, you will get AC/DC to play at our first tailgate when Lakes gets us to FBS Seems like an egyptian scheme to me.

AND .................. I'll take full credit for BOTH!

I may be tight with my own wad, but I'm no small-timey little thinker. ;)

bruinbison
05-07-2022, 01:04 PM

"and that's a fact"

Then either

And of course he wasn’t talking about just one year of trying to schedule a FBS game -
So it isn’t just “one or two weeks Available”……sigh

Love how all these FBS Teams who won’t schedule NDSU now
will magically schedule the Bison once they are FBS……

I have asked you for years to show Bisonville some links to articles & quotes
showing the Mountain West was interested in adding NDSU. From actual MW sources.
You never once produced anything all those years.

So same challenge here - It should be easy, right???
Provide some links showing where FBS teams Would Schedule NDSU
if only they were an FBS Team.
Or if only their schedules would allow for it.

As always, extra extra credit for actual sources - e.g. Conference Officials, Conference Commissioners, University Presidents or AD’s or Coaches, or heck even legitimate beat writers for said FBS Conferences.

I always enjoy reading about NDSU and FBS, would enjoy seeing the Bison in the MW, so am looking forward to all the documented information you will soon provide.

El_Chapo
09-07-2022, 07:01 PM
Not 1 comment on the new 12 team playoff by ol Stony?

not 1 journalist will throw that question at him huh...

crickets.. maybe if he hides.huh...

Rock
09-07-2022, 07:07 PM

Busy getting that “bugging Andy” guy’s high school for 2027?

unbison
09-08-2022, 02:39 AM

What’s to comment about we play fcs football

What question should be asked?

What is your point…. Really at this point it’s 10 years of you whining about fbs and everyone on this board tired of the same message and illogical rants

El_Chapo
09-08-2022, 03:37 AM

What is your point…. Really at this point it’s 10 years of you whining about fbs and everyone on this board tired of the same message and illogical rants

"hey Mr Stony. FBS CFP has now agreed in 2026 to have a 12 team playoff with a G5 FBS representative.....isn't this the catalyst for NDSU to move up anyway possible??"

that's the question

Rock
09-08-2022, 03:42 AM

Step 9 actually addresses the logical order of the steps and why lakes had to do it this one way to reconstruct the singularity within the multiverse so as to not make us all dead.

So maybe a little gratitude for the HELL lakes has been put through to at least ATTEMPT TO THINK OF CREATIVE WAYS TO GET A SCHOOL THAT “can’t” GO FBS, BS.

At the very least some courtesy. Shorter guys have to use more steps to go the same distance.

He can’t help that he is short.

Be nice man.

Professorbum
09-08-2022, 02:12 PM

Actually, a lot of us are tired of FCS and the apparent lack of interest or willpower by the admin to make FBS a reality. Of late, there have been some subtle signals that NDSU might be open to moving up, but they are a long time in coming and amount to no clear indication to that effect. A lot of us think NDSU has misread the room, and that has resulted in a drop in attendance as well as the very possible situation that we will be left without a chair when the music stops. And then its all over. Because FCS forever (which ML said is very possible, rather than saying that's not an option) will not sustain fan interest in NDSU football.

Rock
09-08-2022, 02:43 PM
Actually, a lot of us are tired of FCS and the apparent lack of interest or willpower by the admin to make FBS a reality. Of late, there have been some subtle signals that NDSU might be open to moving up, but they are a long time in coming and amount to no clear indication to that effect. A lot of us think NDSU has misread the room, and that has resulted in a drop in attendance as well as the very possible situation that we will be left without a chair when the music stops. And then its all over. Because FCS forever (which ML said is very possible, rather than saying that's not an option) will not sustain fan interest in NDSU football.

Fuck all this FBS FBC NCAAA P22

What the fuck? Can’t we just like let some more teams into a bigger tournament and Hoosiers this shit?

Fuck these systems man.

It’s a game. And NDSU fucks.

(That’s the only proper way to use that. Not individuals please. Sounds gay)

Rock
09-08-2022, 02:59 PM
But for real here grab some stones Stony. When did we allow these fucking guys to start scheduling our games for us anyway? Probably because we couldn’t trust those bastards to the north to schedule fair is my guess. But I think we may be past that.

What do these outfits do anyway? Like schedule the playoff and fuck us over? Is that their main function?

Rock
09-08-2022, 03:02 PM
NDSU does the fucking.

Nobody else.

AND NDSU FUCKS

TM

El_Chapo
09-13-2022, 06:55 PM
6 YEARS BETWEEN FBS GAMES... think about that $h.t

6 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFREAKING YEARS>

total incompetence.

KSBisonFan
09-13-2022, 07:16 PM

total incompetence.

Maybe quit bitching for a week and just enjoy the moment and appreciate this game?

bruinbison
09-14-2022, 02:12 AM

total incompetence.

How is NDSU ever going FBS when you keep repeating your totally debunked
D2 Level posts???

El_Chapo
09-14-2022, 04:53 AM
6 years. that's the dumbest thing ever not to have 1 fbs game. wow

bruinbison
09-14-2022, 11:12 AM

6 YEARS>

total incompetence.

6 years. that's the dumbest thing ever not to have 1 fbs game. wow

Everyone, everyone - except Lakes/Chapo - knows Oregon was on the 2020 schedule.

So now, in Chapo’s bubble, total incompetence includes Global Pandemics……

https://gobison.com/news/2021/5/25/football-ndsu-oregon-reschedule-for-2028-bison-add-four-non-conference-games.aspx

El_Chapo
11-17-2022, 03:01 PM
WHAT IS THIS DUMMY DOING!

Sam Houston Coach says NDSU to Mountain West so STONY BROOK REFUTES ITS??

WHAT A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO SAY. "WELL HELL YEA WE'D LOVE THAT, BUT THATS COACH KEELERS OPINION"

TIME TO LEAVE DUDE.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
11-18-2022, 02:14 PM
WHAT IS THIS DUMMY DOING!

Sam Houston Coach says NDSU to Mountain West so STONY BROOK REFUTES ITS??

WHAT A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO SAY. "WELL HELL YEA WE'D LOVE THAT, BUT THATS COACH KEELERS OPINION"

TIME TO LEAVE DUDE.

I would really hope he would be trying to get us into the MWC. I’m not sure we would be their first choice but we should be giving our best pitch. If we don’t want to get into the MWC I’m not sure what other conferences would be better

El_Chapo
11-18-2022, 02:20 PM
I would really hope he would be trying to get us into the MWC. I’m not sure we would be their first choice but we should be giving our best pitch. If we don’t want to get into the MWC I’m not sure what other conferences would be better

PREACH... He & NDSU admin should be pimping MWC at every opportunity and glorifying how great it would be for NDSU to be in that conference.

It's realistically our only chance outside of the CUSA.

El_Chapo
12-14-2022, 10:54 PM
#1 Not getting us in the FBS for this CFP opportunity
#2 Not getting us a new basketball coach, but extending in secret... leaving program in shambles (333rd ranked @ 1 point)
#3 Now 3 playoff games with 10k-12k fans which is ridiculous... (see #1)
#4 Some of our programs are really down, need to improve
#5 Revenue down
#6 Stale game atmosphere.. despite being 5 years too late on the beer
#7 Fcs is literally 4-5 teams max and he cant see that

HerdBot
12-15-2022, 02:50 AM
#2 Not getting us a new basketball coach, but extending in secret... leaving program in shambles (333rd ranked @ 1 point)
#5 Revenue down

Agree with most except revenue is at an all time high if you consider TM donations. Also he has grown the budget and raised big money for facilities

But I might add, the covid decisions were easily the worst. To cancel an outdoor tailgate during covid, when the cases were super low, was dumber than a 2nd coat of paint. It destroyed tailgating groups, traditions and killed the atmosphere

unbison
12-15-2022, 09:58 AM
Agree with most except revenue is at an all time high if you consider TM donations. Also he has grown the budget and raised big money for facilities

But I might add, the covid decisions were easily the worst. To cancel an outdoor tailgate during covid, when the cases were super low, was dumber than a 2nd coat of paint. It destroyed tailgating groups, traditions and killed the atmosphere

its really easy to judge these decisions in the rear view mirror

HerdBot
12-15-2022, 01:43 PM

The cap on tickets I disagreed with but at the time I understood

I thought cancelling tailgating was insanely idiotic then and even dumber now. It's outdoors and the same people were then going indoors.

scottietohottie
12-15-2022, 01:51 PM

They only let the parents in, the entire dome was empty, they all sat in one freaking section on top of each other. Do you even social distance bro? Fucking joke eh.

Rock
12-15-2022, 01:54 PM

If I recall there was some debate in real time.

scottietohottie
12-15-2022, 02:05 PM
Not even mentioning the large elephant in the room kneeling in teh corner eh.

GCWaters
12-15-2022, 02:19 PM
#5 Revenue down

Well, scuttlebutt on campus is that Cook really likes Larsen and listens to him, so you might be in for a bumpy ride....

KSBisonFan
12-15-2022, 02:34 PM
Well, scuttlebutt on campus is that Cook really likes Larsen and listens to him, so you might be in for a bumpy ride....

What does Cook think of Chapo?

NDSU_grad
12-15-2022, 03:06 PM
What does Cook think of Chapo?
He doesn’t.

El_Chapo
12-15-2022, 03:08 PM
If I recall there was some debate in real time.

This.... This .. This...

CAS4127
12-27-2022, 11:14 PM
For (the most part) reasons other than what Lakes has mentioned, I’m thinking it’s time for ML to go, either by firing or him quickly shopping his resume.

NDSU92
12-28-2022, 04:34 PM
For (the most part) reasons other than what Lakes has mentioned, I’m thinking it’s time for ML to go, either by firing or him quickly shopping his resume.

Why? Not saying you don’t have legitimate reasons or even that I don’t agree with you. It’s just that everyone I’ve talked to that feels that way are for the same reasons Chapo apparently wants him gone (FBS).

Of course these people articulated it with less yelling and drooling than our infamous friend here.

You’re not obligated to share, I’m just curious more than anything.

HerdBot
12-30-2022, 07:50 AM
Matt has made some questionable decisions but he's also done some great things. His strength is fundraising and financial stuff. His weakness is engaging the fans and marketing.

Once the softball indoor hitting facility and Dacotah Field rennovations are complete, the focus will turn to the endowment fund. He wants to grow it by 50 million so we can fund all scholarships and let teammakers work on other projects. Its smart for sure

My concern is if we focus too much on the endowment fund, and don't have other projects that excite the fan base, support will erode in time. The endowment fund is massive but is going to have peaks and valleys. Some year when the market is weak, its going to break even or even lose some value. So it's not always going to be dependable

I think it would be cool to hit it hard for a year but have a vision or master plan beyond what we already have

Are we going to do something with NIL?

I love the idea of some sort of athletics village, like Title Town in Green Bay. Stuff like that makes the experience better

We have very little control over the dome but he could be a leader in stressing the importance of upgrades to improve fan experience. Club seats on the west side would be huge for big donors. Widening concourses and adding restroons would make the experience better. Cosmetic fixes would improve the perception of the dome. Especially the east side entrance and its ugly facade that looks like the worlds largest Mills Fleet farm

A new basketball arena is badly needed. The SHAC is decent for wrestling and WBB but it's mediocre for MBB. Sorry the SHAC isnt a 50 million dollar facility. The entire complex is 50 million and spent less than 10 million on the basketball arena. Its not a feasible project to fix. We either need something brand new where Dacotah Field sits or need to work with the dome. The FM Convention and visitors bureau wants a convention center attached to the dome and I assure you they will propose raising the hotel tax and bond it. What about going back to the original plan Gene Taylor wanted that had a basketball arena on the southeast of the dome, with NDSU paying for part of it?

Although its an epic improvement, even the new softball stadium is mickey mouse looking and lacks ammenities and character. It doesnt even have a video board. I guarantee it will be in the middle of the pack within 10 years.

Same is true of the new outdoor track. It just feels generic. Like it was purchased out of a mail order catelog

Same is true of the Shelly Ellig Indoor Track. The place is dark, feels like an industrial warehouse and it doesnt have a single window. It feels very D2 and aged quickly over 10 years

Basically if we take a "this is good enough" approach, we're going to fall behind much faster

El_Chapo
12-31-2022, 12:03 AM
Dang me and CAS both see it, must mean something for you to post that....

CAS4127
12-31-2022, 12:08 AM
Dang me and CAS both see it, must mean something for you to post that....

I’d like an “audience” with ML at Frisco tailgate. I know he and or his staff monitor BV. Derrick? You listening? I’d like TransAm Bison to be in the crowd (hint there). Pointed questions will be asked. Politics in the AD would be discussion point.

GreenfieldBison
12-31-2022, 12:18 AM
I’d like an “audience” with ML at Frisco tailgate. I know he and or his staff monitor BV. Derrick? You listening? I’d like TransAm Bison to be in the crowd (hint there). Pointed questions will be asked. Politics in the AD would be discussion point.

Hmmm. IMHO if someone with your pedigree requires a natty tailgate to be granted an audience with the AD then there is an issue. Unless of course you are requiring an audience every other week or so, which I doubt.

CAS4127
12-31-2022, 12:31 AM
Hmmm. IMHO if someone with your pedigree requires a natty tailgate to be granted an audience with the AD then there is an issue. Unless of course you are requiring an audience every other week or so, which I doubt.

I’ve only met/visited with ML two times. We’ll see what happens here. Maybe a nothingburger.

ByeSonBusiness
12-31-2022, 07:10 PM
CAS should be the next AD. Pretty common for AD's to have a legal background.

runtheoption
12-31-2022, 07:55 PM
I’m picturing Fredo trying to see Michael Corleone.

southcliffbison
12-31-2022, 09:14 PM
Michael Corleone had to make some tough decisions, like, you know, have your brother and brother-in-law killed, plus a bunch of other people murdered. What has Matt Larson had to decide.......whether to switch from single ply to double ply paper in the SHAC toilets ? C'mon, If CAS wants to talk to ML, he should oblige. CAS, have your people talk to ML's people.......make it happen.

scottietohottie
12-31-2022, 09:20 PM
I thought Matt was Fredo.

runtheoption
12-31-2022, 09:37 PM
Michael Corleone had to make some tough decisions, like, you know, have your brother and brother-in-law killed, plus a bunch of other people murdered. What has Matt Larson had to decide.......whether to switch from single ply to double ply paper in the SHAC toilets ? C'mon, If CAS wants to talk to ML, he should oblige. CAS, have your people talk to ML's people.......make it happen.

What has a looser UND attorney like CAS done to deserve a sit down with THE Matt Larson?

CAS, I’ll take your dumb ass fishing.

taper
01-03-2023, 01:59 AM
Obviously nobody is perfect and ML certainly has some gaps, but if he goes do you think we'll get someone better? Gene Taylor was a once in a lifetime AD. We were incredibly lucky to have him. If Taylor is your minimum standard you're going to be disappointed.

El_Chapo
01-09-2023, 04:32 AM
NDSU FOOTBALL down hard 1st time since 2009
NDSU basketball 4-11 & garbage 1000scanned tickets last 2 games maybe.
NDSU Fanbase. Plateaued Fatigued.
other ndsu sports hurting as well. vball soccer baseball

heck softball & women's track aren't winning like they used to.

Matt & Todd can go back east

El_Chapo
01-20-2023, 02:37 PM
THIS THREAD TITLE IS REAL .... Its far beyond time.

All major sponsors should be calling President Cook NOW. Not monday. NOW.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-20-2023, 05:32 PM
THIS THREAD TITLE IS REAL .... Its far beyond time.

All major sponsors should be calling President Cook NOW. Not monday. NOW.

Meh ... I blame Brescianni for all of it

Bisonville should definitely fire you tho

scottietohottie
01-20-2023, 05:39 PM
Should call his cellphone on the weekend bro eh

NDSUstudent
01-20-2023, 06:33 PM
Meh ... I blame Brescianni for all of it

Bisonville should definitely fire you tho

He was from bigtime schools though, so chalupa can't lay the blame on him. Doesn't compute in his mind that the Texas A&M guy was the real roadblock to his FBS dreams.

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2023, 07:08 PM
ML needs to go. We need someone with a different thought process to right the ship IMHO.

El_Chapo
05-02-2023, 01:48 PM
Any Interviews for Job Openings?

oh wait. NO ONE has offered him an interview or a move up the AD ranks in College sports in 5+ years here??

Weird...

El_Chapo
08-07-2023, 09:45 PM
Oct 2014!!! he's been here 9 years and cant get NDSU into the FBS.

if NDSU was FBS in say 2017 2018 2019..... or hell 2021. NDSU would be in SERIOUS SERIOUS discussion for a Big 12 spot or a Pac 4 spot (if it keeps surviving)

NDSU would of been in the mountain west or aac for 5 years by now and easily could've been added !!

just a colossal failure beyond all comprehension.

bruinbison
08-08-2023, 01:51 AM
Can you give us any examples of the Mountain West,
or even the MAC, showing any interest in adding NDSU to their conference - from 2011 through 2020?

Random chat site chatter is no where adequate……
As always, extra extra credit for the following:

Please add links to comments from any Mountain West Conference Official, Mountain West Conference University President, Athletic Director, Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Mountain West beat writers that showed an interest in adding NDSU.

El_Chapo
08-08-2023, 03:57 AM
are you the guy wandering around the basketball games?

El_Chapo
08-14-2023, 08:03 PM
Stony!! send your resume!

University of South Dakota Athletic Director David Herbster announced his resignation Monday to pursue a new career opportunity with Sanford Health.

bruinbison
08-14-2023, 10:44 PM
Stony!! send your resume!

University of South Dakota Athletic Director David Herbster announced his resignation Monday to pursue a new career opportunity with Sanford Health.

Hmmm, Chapo at 3:03 / ……looks like Eric Peterson was there first

Eric Peterson Retweeted

Sioux Falls Live
@SiouxFallsLive
·3h

USD Athletic Director David Herbster resigning to take role with Sanford Health

El_Chapo
09-26-2023, 03:55 PM
why was he on KFGO (und station) with Gaptooth Joel (und kneepads) then end interview with I'll come on anytime.

bring back a AD that tells them to pound sand

El_Chapo
09-27-2023, 12:39 AM
no one heard him on kfgo? sounds right. only 3000 listeners at any 1 time

unbison
09-27-2023, 01:36 AM
no one heard him on kfgo? sounds right. only 3000 listeners at any 1 time

Or no one agrees with you
They are the largest radio station in the valley of course he interview with them

scottietohottie
09-27-2023, 01:54 AM
They are the largest radio station in the valley of course he interview with them

Watch it. He'll put you on ignore eh

56BISON73
09-27-2023, 02:16 AM
Watch it. He'll put you on ignore eh

But then people on this board will send him the posts of those he has on ignore???? Seriously????

scottietohottie
09-27-2023, 02:44 AM
But then people on this board will send him the posts of those he has on ignore???? Seriously????

He's to narcissistic to put anybody on ignore.

56BISON73
09-27-2023, 02:50 AM
He's to narcissistic to put anybody on ignore.

:nod: We have a good bingo!!!

El_Chapo
09-27-2023, 04:36 AM

lol kfgo is a joke. and I only got a couple on ignore

oh well. nobody heard him I guess is the bottom line

daddy daycare
09-27-2023, 11:20 AM

He talked about a huge donation coming to NDSU with a potential door open to FBS football being announced.

Nobody heard it though.

The_Sicatoka
09-27-2023, 04:16 PM

Don't confuse with facts:
https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb187

blackdiamond2
09-27-2023, 07:58 PM
https://kfgo.com/podcasts-news-views-with-joel-heitkamp/
it is podcasted here the interview.

LefseBison
09-29-2023, 02:41 AM
https://kfgo.com/podcasts-news-views-with-joel-heitkamp/
it is podcasted here the interview.

While waiting in a waiting room this week (what else do you do in a waiting room) I read an interesting article on KFGO. Did you know that due to the curvature of the Earth, people in Helsinki, Finland, can actually pick up KFGO??

Honeybooboo
09-29-2023, 03:05 AM

no Hennens Flag is a joke..and I'm not a Joel fan but sorry nobody listens to Hennen

El_Chapo
09-29-2023, 03:18 AM
no Hennens Flag is a joke..and I'm not a Joel fan but sorry nobody listens to Hennen

who was talking about that

heard ol Stony was butt kissing pretty hard tonight at the school function

scottietohottie
09-29-2023, 03:28 AM

Isn't that his job eh???

KSBisonFan
09-29-2023, 11:10 AM

He was only trying to convince people to buy those last 8 tickets to Saturdays game you're so worried about.

BisManBison
10-01-2023, 05:48 PM
Larson is lazy at best. Also seems to combine his laziness with stupidity. The result, a football and basketball program no one wants to watch. By year end, there might be less than 10k in the dome? Think about his tenure. A season ticket waiting list a mile long to 60% attendance in just a few years. Both the Entz and Richman hires were just lazy hires.

unbison
10-01-2023, 07:45 PM
Larson is lazy at best. Also seems to combine his laziness with stupidity. The result, a football and basketball program no one wants to watch. By year end, there might be less than 10k in the dome? Think about his tenure. A season ticket waiting list a mile long to 60% attendance in just a few years. Both the Entz and Richman hires were just lazy hires.

It was hard for Larsen to hire richman as he didn’t start until 6 months later
Richman hired April 2014 Larsen hired oct 2014

GreenfieldBison
10-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Don’t be bringing that stinking data into the discussion now.

El_Chapo
10-01-2023, 10:19 PM

you're admitting Richman is a shit coach. thanks!

Larson & Phelps should be on the next flight outta town if our Teammakers Donors and President had any balls whatsoever

ByeSonBusiness
10-01-2023, 10:55 PM
why was he on KFGO (und station) with Gaptooth Joel (und kneepads) then end interview with I'll come on anytime.

bring back a AD that tells them to pound sand

You want a NDSU AD to not go on local radio? Why?

mtoutfitter
10-02-2023, 05:21 PM
You want a NDSU AD to not go on local radio? Why?

Because he's an idiot. What do I win?

El_Chapo
10-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Fire him 1st.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-15-2023, 06:02 PM
I blame Matt SOLELY for this loss! He failed to keep Entz and Co accountable and let us fall this far without doing anything to right the ship. He also gave us bad juju and karma for screwing over UND in the playoffs last year but taking a home game from them. You think that added no extra juice to the revenge game yesterday? Patty V was even at the UND boosters talking about how boneheaded Matt made the conference look by screwing over its own members. Better hope YSU or UND doesn’t get on the selection committee otherwise we are going to get screwed too.

scottietohottie
10-15-2023, 06:20 PM
I blame Matt SOLELY for this loss! He failed to keep Entz and Co accountable and let us fall this far without doing anything to right the ship. He also gave us bad juju and karma for screwing over UND in the playoffs last year but taking a home game from them. You think that added no extra juice to the revenge game yesterday? Patty V was even at the UND boosters talking about how boneheaded Matt made the conference look by screwing over its own members. Better hope YSU or UND doesn’t get on the selection committee otherwise we are going to get screwed too.

Lol. We don't need to worry about the playoff committee for a few years bro. They don't deserve it.

El_Chapo
10-15-2023, 07:13 PM
David Cook. make a move at 8:01am.

football - regressed big time
basketball- it's so bad 14-17 last year w a Star : bad coach
volleyball - bad team, lost to St Thomas? haha
baseball - below average
soccer - worst in conf
wrestling - lost entire staff & 6 players? will be in last
Girls/Boys Track - used to be ELITE. now average

Attendance drastically down for FB/BB

Matt Larson Todd Phelps to blame

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-15-2023, 08:20 PM
Lol. We don't need to worry about the playoff committee for a few years bro. They don't deserve it.

You know we really are not that bad . It’s not hard to make the FCS playoffs….. every playoff game may be interesting for awhile…… instead of blowouts…… or at least starting in the quarterfinals

Gully
10-15-2023, 08:31 PM
It's true. Which programs have improved since Matt Larson showed up?

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-15-2023, 08:39 PM
It's true. Which programs have improved since Matt Larson showed up?

MSU and SdSU, not intimidated by any other FCS team

Gully
10-15-2023, 08:58 PM
MSU and SdSU, not intimidated by any other FCS team

Sorry, I meant which programs within NDSU. Answer.....none.

TAILG8R
10-15-2023, 09:23 PM
Sorry, I meant which programs within NDSU. Answer.....none.

You have to give women’s basketball their due.

But you can mention many many other programs that have gone downhill.

Gully
10-15-2023, 09:34 PM
You have to give women’s basketball their due.

But you can mention many many other programs that have gone downhill.

Yes, that is true, Women's BB is much improved. It couldn't have gotten worse than it was but I admit they have improved a great deal.

El_Chapo
10-16-2023, 01:02 AM
yea the 400 fans for womens basketball don't even make a blip on the radar.

says 832 per game, but that's gotta be tickets sold.

Since 2019 Larson/Phelps has polluted this entire sports program with the covid & blm/anthem & bud light issues (all under their thumb) lazy hiring of Entz & extensions of Richman in the dark, the attendence and donor's declining and overall NDSU Fatigue and not pursuing FBS.....

Don't let the door hit ya.

The_Sicatoka
10-18-2023, 05:19 PM
OK, Chapo:

What's left on Larson's contract? Can it be bought out (meaning have the money to do it). Not sure what term is left on it but OpenPayrolls.com says he's making over $275k. I assume you'll peel that off the "make it rain" fat stack of cash you carry as folding money.

Who wants the job (besides you)? Entz? <- I kid!

Calling for someone's job is far easier than actual removal and transition.

BigHorns
10-21-2023, 02:54 AM
Larson isn't going anywhere after the success we've had, and the money he's raised.

Best we could hope for is new football coaches. By the way, believe Entz gets something like an automatic 3 year extension if the AD is replaced, its in his contract. So be very careful what you wish for.

El_Chapo
10-21-2023, 02:38 PM
bullcrap he shouldve been shown the door monday but Cook is just as big of a wussy as Larson is I guess. Shameful.

kab1one
10-21-2023, 03:36 PM
bullcrap he shouldve been shown the door monday but Cook is just as big of a wussy as Larson is I guess. Shameful.

After hearing dr cool at the presidents dinner i was impressed. He was doing his job talking and Preston’s academic strengths of Ndsu. Evening was dedicated to the engineering program. The things they are doing at the engineering school should make every alum proud. He focused on finding funding for the new $84 engineering building. And has been having success in getting the funds. State of nd was a big portion. But industry is looking at putting in $30 million. As time goes on i believe we will find breschani hadn’t been doing anyone at Ndsu any favors. So first impression was dr cook was a excellent hire

LefseBison
10-22-2023, 10:23 PM
After hearing dr cool at the presidents dinner i was impressed. He was doing his job talking and Preston’s academic strengths of Ndsu. Evening was dedicated to the engineering program. The things they are doing at the engineering school should make every alum proud. He focused on finding funding for the new $84 engineering building. And has been having success in getting the funds. State of nd was a big portion. But industry is looking at putting in $30 million. As time goes on i believe we will find breschani hadn’t been doing anyone at Ndsu any favors. So first impression was dr cook was a excellent hire

I am impressed with Dr. Cook and his wife, by the way. If there is one thing that drives me nuts about NDSU, is that they do not blow their own horn. There are so many hidden gems here at NDSU, and the general public is not let in on it. It is almost as if NDSU does not want to brag or something. We have, for example, possibly the best Polymers and Coatings dept in the world. Our architecture dept is very, very good. Engineering, too.

El_Chapo
10-23-2023, 06:07 PM
Hell let's swap with Citadel ASAP!!

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8kfNrfC/

El_Chapo
11-08-2023, 07:15 PM
once again I have to be the voice of reason, there is a ton of people (veterans) annoyed as HELL that NDSU is having a "white out" on Veterans Day!

How the H can Larson/Phelps be so dumb. in addition to the Bud Light bullcrap and 2020 stuff.

Surrender Whites on Veterans' Day.?

furthermore these 2 weenies should be in Entz's Ear all week this week, "IF YOU DONT GO 2-0 and GET A SEED, there will be changes!"

but i'm sure they got their starbucks monday morning, sat around and glad handed each other and discussed dancing with the stars ///