PDA

View Full Version : Iowa FB Podcast

Gully
01-13-2022, 01:13 PM
A friend of mine is an Iowa fan...he mentioned this to this morning. They talk about NDSU FB starting at roughly 7:30 or 8:00 into the Pod. I wasn't looking right away. They may also talk a bit about SDSU because they were starting to discuss their schedule for 2022.

https://tunein.com/podcasts/Sports--Recreation-Podcasts/Washed-Up-Walkons-p1163766/

Minimum8Pete
01-13-2022, 01:28 PM
Fun listen there, listening to them realize that NDSU crushed them and then won 9/11 titles was fun.

They believe that NDSU could go 5-4 in the B1G if the schedule is right, and its hard to disagree with that. I've seen alot of Bison fans who seem to think that NDSU would maybe lose 3-7 games a year in a G5 conference, and that always makes me chuckle. P5 fan bases who have played us know better than our own fans hahah

phxbison
01-13-2022, 02:36 PM
What stands out to me is that these guy's are football fans and are oblivious to the Bisons record and have to look it up. That just goes too show you how little known the Bison football program is outside of the FCS fans.

El_Chapo
01-13-2022, 02:39 PM
What stands out to me is that these guy's are football fans and are oblivious to the Bisons record and have to look it up. That just goes too show you how little known the Bison football program is outside of the FCS fans.

exactly. my wisconsin family have badger football season tickets, they are huge college FB fans and even they will text me questions about NDSU every year.

NDSU NEEDS TO BE FBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldmantutters
01-13-2022, 02:49 PM
exactly. my wisconsin family have badger football season tickets, they are huge college FB fans and even they will text me questions about NDSU every year.

NDSU NEEDS TO BE FBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, what does your Badger season-ticket-holding family know about Cincinnati, UTSA, Northern Illinois, Utah State or Louisiana?

El_Chapo
01-13-2022, 02:54 PM
Out of curiosity, what does your Badger season-ticket-holding family know about Cincinnati, UTSA, Northern Illinois, Utah State or Louisiana?

plenty, they are exposed to other FBS teams, they are NEVER exposed to fcs teams.

tony
01-13-2022, 02:55 PM

They're not oblivious to NDSU... not many Iowa fans are - the just didn't know how many national titles NDSU has won.

I could not tell you off the top of my head the last time Boise State won a bowl game or if they even had one this year.

I do know Boise State has a good program but have the general feeling that they aren't as good as they once were.

oldmantutters
01-13-2022, 03:01 PM
plenty, they are exposed to other FBS teams, they are NEVER exposed to fcs teams.

Now I know you are full of shit. You can't with a straight face tell me that they know any fucking thing about UTSA or Louisiana.

89MTBISON
01-13-2022, 03:30 PM
We are more well known than any bottom 1/2 G5 conference team. How many fans wearing a Zips or Lobos or Golden Eagles shirt gets pulled aside to talk about their football team? What's the closest number to zero?

daddy daycare
01-13-2022, 03:32 PM

nothing like the majority of the country

Gully
01-13-2022, 04:04 PM
Well, I just meant to share a few minutes of Iowa fans (former players) talking about NDSU football and didn't mean to start another FBS thread.

That said, I should have known that would happen! Ha, it would happen anyway, so whatever. They seem pretty knowledgeable.....they know SDSU isn't some pushover.

Herd
01-13-2022, 04:18 PM
We are more well known than any bottom 1/2 G5 conference team. How many fans wearing a Zips or Lobos or Golden Eagles shirt gets pulled aside to talk about their football team? What's the closest number to zero?

B1G fans will not profess to know anything about G5 or FCS football, even if they do. Gopher fans, case in point. They cling for dear life to the Alabama’s and Ohio States of the world, and dare not speak of anything lower lest their relevance be challenged.

oldmantutters
01-13-2022, 05:03 PM
B1G fans will not profess to know anything about G5 or FCS football, even if they do. Gopher fans, case in point. They cling for dear life to the Alabama’s and Ohio States of the world, and dare not speak of anything lower lest their relevance be challenged.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. Nobody puts any stock into what "gopher fans" think.

Hammerhead
01-13-2022, 06:55 PM

gopherhole.com has the "7 National Titles Football Forum" even though most posters weren't alive when those titles were won over 60 years ago.

BISONBRI53
01-13-2022, 07:11 PM

Lakes Wisconsin family

Bison_Pride
01-14-2022, 06:20 AM
For what it's worth, every time I've worn an NDSU football t-shirt out in public in places like Las Vegas, Florida, California I get random people saying "Go Bison" or something similar, as they walk by. The dedicated football fan is well aware of what NDSU is doing.

marenlee
01-14-2022, 08:39 AM
Now I know you are full of shit. You can't with a straight face tell me that they know any fucking thing about UTSA or Louisiana.

I’ve seen plenty of national media on the Ragin Cajuns especially earlier in the season. I’ve definitely seen more coverage on UTSA than NDSU. I say this with a straight face as I may be a die hard NDSU fan, but I follow FBS football more than FCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk