PDA

View Full Version : The 2022 Two-Deep

Alsen
01-10-2022, 04:41 AM
Or should we just say Three-or even Four Deep. The Super Seniors are going to give the Bison a ludicrous roster.

We have uber talented guys that we haven't even seen yet. We are going to have at least two first year freshman that will probably be active for every game.

The roster is so loaded it is making me dizzy just looking at it and contemplating the immense depth. I actually pity the coaches who have to decide who gets snaps and who doesn't.

I'm not even going to try to post some kind of actual projection, go ahead knock yourself out. I will, however, mention a couple of reasons why I see the dynasty continuing for a long, long time.

First of all: As much as I would like to see the Bison go FBS, we just don't really fit anywhere, I mean anywhere.

On defense, the entire secondary returns. The competition is going to be fierce. Marques Sigle,Dom Jones, Sam Jung,Julian Wlodarczyk,Tyson Gordon, and several others fighting for snaps.

Linebacker: As great as Hankey was....Wisniewski may be even better. Nick Kubitz looks great. Cox is returning. Kaczor??
Oscar Benson looked good in a few snaps. Luke Weerts!

DL: This group will remain stellar and very deep.

I just don't see Code Green giving up many touchdowns all season next year; ya, even in Arizona. As great as Code Green was in 2021, I think they will be even more dominant in 2022.

I'm not even going to post about the offense, it's just too much. Somebody else can talk about the 2022 offense. Wow! What a team!

Bisonwinagn
01-10-2022, 05:47 AM
Would like to know who is coming back and who is leaving.

Professor Chaos
01-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Would like to know who is coming back and who is leaving.
Yup... a monster early signing day class with only 12 or so departing seniors (based on senior day participation) makes me believe that there's some roster attrition coming.

From what I recall off the top of my head the starters not returning are Watson, Babicz, Volson, Thomas, Ching, Tucker, and Hankey. Also losing Reinholz along with McCormick and Buetow on the d-line. Will be some d-line depth questions along with who fills Hankey's shoes at MLB (my hope is it's a healthy Luke Weerts).

EDIT: The d-line depth this year was just silly though. Consider they're losing the 5 d-line guys I mentioned above including 3 starters and they still project to have a starting front 4 of Spencer Waege, Javier Derritt, Eli Mostaert, and Tony Pierce. Solid DE backups as well with Will Mostaert and Shaka Roques.

ndsubison1
01-10-2022, 01:05 PM
I think Cam Miller is going to take a big step forward as he gains confidence. Get better with those deep balls and deeper routes. I sure hope QP returns as he will be a big part of the offense. Need an alpha receiver to step up and be the #1, probably Sproles. Offensive line will be deep and very good again. RBs are all back, maybe get Seth Wilson another go? Wouldnt shock if one left either. This is going to be a lethal run attack with Luepke and Tamerick and fill in the other guys who are too good to keep off the field.

Hope the Tutsie injury doesnt dissuade him from returning as there was talk he would return. Jones would step right in and be solid if that were the case. The secondary and pass defense is going to be filthy. Wouldnt mind seeing a DT transfer for depth.

Hammerhead
01-10-2022, 01:22 PM
On the McFeely Mess podcast, they noted that it is nearly impossible to enroll at another school for the spring semester for players who are in the championship game so if they were to enter the portal, they wouldn't be practicing until the fall camp.

23Bison
01-10-2022, 01:28 PM
Yup... a monster early signing day class with only 12 or so departing seniors (based on senior day participation) makes me believe that there's some roster attrition coming.

From what I recall off the top of my head the starters not returning are Watson, Babicz, Volson, Thomas, Ching, Tucker, and Hankey. Also losing Reinholz along with McCormick and Buetow on the d-line. Will be some d-line depth questions along with who fills Hankey's shoes at MLB (my hope is it's a healthy Luke Weerts).

EDIT: The d-line depth this year was just silly though. Consider they're losing the 5 d-line guys I mentioned above including 3 starters and they still project to have a starting front 4 of Spencer Waege, Javier Derritt, Eli Mostaert, and Tony Pierce. Solid DE backups as well with Will Mostaert and Shaka Roques.

DE Reed Ryan is still there too. Haven’t seen much of him but I’d have to imagine he’ll be in the mix.

Minimum8Pete
01-10-2022, 01:32 PM
Is luepke coming back? might be the only question we need to answer haha

Professor Chaos
01-10-2022, 01:37 PM
DE Reed Ryan is still there too. Haven’t seen much of him but I’d have to imagine he’ll be in the mix.
Agreed, I've had high hopes for Reed and he'll be in his 4th year with the program by next fall. I think his time is here to be a contributor even with the returning guys at DE.

Jaxon Duttenhefer is a guy at DT that I have high hopes for as being the next guy up to take advantage of the snaps that will be available at that position.

ndsubison1
01-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Ill give it a shot

QB- C Miller/Q Patterson
RB- T Williams/K Johnson
FB- H Luepke/H Brozio
WR- P Sproles/R Nelson
WR- Z Mathis/B Henderson
TE- N Gindorff/J Streit (NSU Transfer)
LT- C Mauch/J Rock
LG- N Jensen/L LaCilento
C- J Sundell/B Westburg
RG- J Kubas/G Zabel
RT- M Miller/J Rock

DE - S Waege/W Mostaert
DT - Eli Mostaert/B Friday
DT - J Derritt/R Ryan?
DE - T Pierce/L Roques
WLB - J Kaczor/C Wisniewski
MLB - L Weerts/N Kubitz??
SLB - J Cox/C Wisniewski
CB - C Eubanks/M Sigle
FS - D Weber/D Jones
SS - M Tutsie/T Gordon
CB - D Talbert/J Price

23Bison
01-10-2022, 03:02 PM
I thought LaCilento was a grad transfer from San Diego? Am I wrong?

89MTBISON
01-10-2022, 03:02 PM
Ill give it a shot

QB- C Miller/Q Patterson
RB- T Williams/K Johnson
FB- H Luepke/H Brozio
WR- P Sproles/R Nelson
WR- Z Mathis/B Henderson
TE- N Gindorff/J Stoffel
LT- C Mauch/J Rock
LG- N Jensen/L LaCilento
C- J Sundell/B Westburg
RG- J Kubas/G Zabel
RT- M Miller/J Rock

DE - S Waege/W Mostaert
DT - Eli Mostaert/B Friday
DT - J Derritt/R Ryan?
DE - T Pierce/L Roques
WLB - J Kaczor/C Wisniewski
MLB - L Weerts/N Kubitz??
SLB - J Cox/C Wisniewski
CB - C Eubanks/M Sigle
FS - D Weber/D Jones
SS - M Tutsie/T Gordon
CB - D Talbert/J Price

I think you misread the thread title, says 2022. Wait.....holy shit!

23Bison
01-10-2022, 03:18 PM
I think you misread the thread title, says 2022. Wait.....holy shit!

Is that good? :biggrin:

Jay
01-10-2022, 03:18 PM
Jerrod Vines is no longer on the roster.

El_Chapo
01-10-2022, 03:21 PM
If I'm Cody Mauch I make a run at NFL. His stock is at an all time high, especially with the cult following and viral stuff Plus, he was mauling people all playoffs long!!!

if any portal stuff happens, it'd have to be today/tomorrow so they can get out of classes here and register/get in somewhere else asap.

El_Chapo
01-10-2022, 03:22 PM
Jerrod Vines is no longer on the roster.

I think there's going to be a lot of Walk On guys that have to move on. just saying.

Kevin
01-10-2022, 03:30 PM
If I'm Cody Mauch I make a run at NFL. His stock is at an all time high, especially with the cult following and viral stuff Plus, he was mauling people all playoffs long!!!

if any portal stuff happens, it'd have to be today/tomorrow so they can get out of classes here and register/get in somewhere else asap.

If u were Cody Mauch u could ride the big kid rides at valley fair

El_Chapo
01-10-2022, 03:41 PM
If u were Cody Mauch u could ride the big kid rides at valley fair

or Bismarck Amusement Park.

HerdBot
01-10-2022, 08:43 PM
The only position I am concerned about is the d-line. Not so much much because of lack of talent, but lack of experience and we were so deep last year that we could swap out all 4 and there was little or no drop off. We're also a little undersized without Spencer Waege, (6-5, 278) who probably won't be ready until midway through next season. ACL's take a year

Gotta admit I was worried when Kava was playing a lot, but he's really impressed me. I wasn't overly optimistic about a local 6-1 DE who blew out his knee. Props to him.

Is Ogbu coming back? He was super raw, but if there is ever a year where he can contribute, it's in a super senior year.

This might be a year to dip into the transfer portal if we can find that one STUD DE who has great size. Would like to see that 6-5 DE we haven't had in a few years.

Defensive Ends
W Mostaert - 6'2" 248 LBS Junior
T Pierce - 6'1" 236 LBS Senior
L Roques - 6'3" 220 LBS Sophmore
Reed Ryan - 6'3" 241 LBS JUnior
Jake Kava - 6'1" 241 LBS Senior

Defensive Tackle
Eli Mostaert - 6'3" 280 LBS JUNIOR
B Friday - 6'3" 280 LBS SOPHMORE
J Derritt - 6'1" 284 LBS JUNIOR
Kody Huisman - 6'4" 270 LBS REDSHIRT FRESHMAN
J Duttenhefer - 6'2" 269 LBS REDSHIRT FRESHMAN

Alsen
01-10-2022, 11:23 PM
Here we go: https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/at-least-10-bison-seniors-will-return-in-2022-because-of-pandemic

Josh Babicz coming back! Love it. Lane Tucker undecided.

We have some uber talented young WR's who might just explode out of the gate next year. If they do, the only possible weakness I could imagine for next year's group is QB passing accuracy.

HerdBot
01-11-2022, 12:35 AM
Here we go: https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/at-least-10-bison-seniors-will-return-in-2022-because-of-pandemic

We have some uber talented young WR's who might just explode out of the gate next year. If they do, the only possible weakness I could imagine for next year's group is QB passing accuracy.

That's an old article. Lane Tucker accepted a job in Arizona.

Gindorf is coming back

bruinbison
01-11-2022, 12:39 AM

That was a Nov 15th article.
Since then, iirc Babich is moving on to the NFL, but Gindorff will be back after being injured.
Lane Tucker is also not returning.

On other notes, the McFeely mess talked of Cody Mauch being advised by NFL people that he needed another year in college to help his prospect status.

The McFeely people (Mike Dom & Jeff) also thought one of the freshman WR are likely to step in to significant PT. Especially RFr Bryce Lance or True FR Mehki Collins.

And for Herdbot Spencer Waege is returning so there is your 6’ 5” DE. Kind of like a grad transfer, but he’s already here. On a totally guesstimate Waege looked to me like he had lost some weight when I saw him on camera at Frisco. So to me that means he is still more of a DE than DT, but there is still passing downs for flipping inside to push the pocket.

HerdBot
01-11-2022, 12:43 AM

Terrible idea. No All Star game invite. No All American award, even though he should have

Next year he will improve, be a Pre Season All American and if he plays well, he will be an All American. Then he will get an invite to a major All Star game. The Senior Bowl is the big one and almost all of those guys get drafted. The East West is the 2nd best. Those are the games you get to make connections

Right now he would an updrafted or low pick. Next year he has much better potential

HerdBot
01-11-2022, 01:30 AM
And for Herdbot Spencer Waege is returning so there is your 6’ 5” DE. Kind of like a grad transfer, but he’s already here. On a totally guesstimate Waege looked to me like he had lost some weight when I saw him on camera at Frisco. So to me that means he is still more of a DE than DT, but there is still passing downs for flipping inside to push the pocket.

I would anticipate Waege could take about a year since he's a big guy. ACLs are usually 8-9 months just to get back to nommal and his happened September 26. I hope we have him back in time for Arizona but possibly later.

But I still think we should find a 2 or 3 year transfer to replace Waege with in 2023. Thats just projecting a few years down the road

We play so many games with the playoffs and winter camp, it can really speed up the development of a player. Brayden Thomas was arguably the best DE on the roster

BisManBison
01-11-2022, 01:39 AM
So I have to ask about Gane Lloyd. Does he have a year of eligibility left and will he return. And any idea why he struggled to see the field.

HerdBot
01-11-2022, 01:41 AM
So I have to ask about Gane Lloyd. Does he have a year of eligibility left and will he return. And any idea why he struggled to see the field.

Yes another year and he was injured

mtoutfitter
01-11-2022, 01:42 AM

I thought I read that he got hurt.

TAILG8R
01-11-2022, 01:43 AM
So I have to ask about Gane Lloyd. Does he have a year of eligibility left and will he return. And any idea why he struggled to see the field.Didn't he get hurt?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
01-11-2022, 03:17 AM
Bet we move one of the DE to DT. Really excited about Eli Moestaert, dude was solid.

mtoutfitter
01-11-2022, 03:25 AM
That was a Nov 15th article.
Since then, iirc Babich is moving on to the NFL, but Gindorff will be back after being injured.
Lane Tucker is also not returning.

On other notes, the McFeely mess talked of Cody Mauch being advised by NFL people that he needed another year in college to help his prospect status.

The McFeely people (Mike Dom & Jeff) also thought one of the freshman WR are likely to step in to significant PT. Especially RFr Bryce Lance or True FR Mehki Collins.

Bruin I saw him in Labby's night of the JMU game....looked awful big to me! Waege, that is.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2022, 02:03 AM
Bruin I saw him in Labby's night of the JMU game....looked awful big to me! Waege, that is.He was probably wearing those square toe boots. I heard they add 2" to a fella.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk