PDA

View Full Version : MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
01-08-2022, 06:49 PM
This national championship brought to you by broseed. Need seed bro? Broseed.

1) Thank you seniors.
2) Hate to do it to Vigs but glad to do it to MSU (again). Bet u wish u coulda bought this one out too.
3) MVP to luepke. Set the tone and exemplifies bison football.
4) I was critical all season out of love but standing ovation for TR. Nearly flawless execution.
5) The big sky should be renamed the baby sky. They’re soft. It’s no longer a meme. It’s systemic.
6) I hope Tutsie is ok. Great defensive effort across the damn board. All time great squad.
7) Cam and QP. Think that will be the combo again next year? Congrats to both. They deserve this not just for the great play all season but their attitudes and leadership. Lucky to have them and the heir apparent in Payton.
8) I love you bros. Fun season and bville a bright spot in the pandemic. Give us the poli forum back tho.
9) Nine.

No_Skill
01-08-2022, 06:52 PM
Mixed feelings.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 06:52 PM
Disappointed in lakes for not leading a defiant storming of that shitty field.

Oh and we can move to fbs now thx.

MNLonghorn10
01-08-2022, 06:56 PM
See ya in 2059, Montana st

1998braves64
01-08-2022, 06:59 PM
Wow the MVP presentation was a disaster lol

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

MNLonghorn10
01-08-2022, 07:01 PM
I don’t think Hunter has ever talked to a girl before lmao

Legend

Bison56
01-08-2022, 07:05 PM
MSU should have bought out of this game

Kevin
01-08-2022, 07:06 PM
Luepke might be my favorite bison of all time.

Wolfie
01-08-2022, 07:07 PM

Legend

I can't tell if he is playing the part of a buffoon, or if he actually is a buffoon.

Mr Pep Band
01-08-2022, 07:08 PM
Bison destroy bobcats in the playoffs.…..again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
01-08-2022, 07:10 PM
We need Tony to add up the scores from the last 4 meetings.

BiZon22
01-08-2022, 07:14 PM
I get that MSU is confident in their team but damn they were down right arrogant going into this game. Feels good to show them who the real King of the FCS is. Great game NDSU, celebrate tonight and then it’s time for 10!

tony
01-08-2022, 07:15 PM

^ NDSU: #1 in the FCS, #1 on Twitter's Trending page.

TAILG8R
01-08-2022, 07:16 PM
My most prominent post game thought. Glad we pounded their shit into the dirt all day so they couldn't blame the loss of TD Tommy getting hurt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
01-08-2022, 07:16 PM
Big buzzkill that the only guy who could make it interesting got hurt on the first drive.

TAILG8R
01-08-2022, 07:17 PM
Big buzzkill that the only guy who could make it interesting got hurt on the first drive.Didn't know he played all 11 positions on D.

ZHerd
01-08-2022, 07:19 PM
Congrats players and coaches. Offense was highly predictable but it’s beautiful when it can’t be stopped anyways.
Please FBS expand your playoffs and we move up

ndsubison1
01-08-2022, 07:20 PM
We dominated on offense. Tommy TD would not have made a difference

BiZon22
01-08-2022, 07:20 PM
Didn't know he played all 11 positions on D.

This. 1000000% this. I would get it if it was a 14-10 game, we could have scored 60 if we wanted. This was a complete domination.

SomeBeach
01-08-2022, 07:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

Legend

I can't tell if he is playing the part of a buffoon, or if he actually is a buffoon.

Not cool. Don't be an ass.

tony
Didn't know he played all 11 positions on D.

Yeah, it is too bad TD Tommy got hurt, but their defense was going to have big, big problems with NDSU's offense no matter what. I'm certainly glad Troy Anderson didn't get ejected or, yikes.

TAILG8R
This. 1000000% this. I would get it if it was a 14-10 game, we could have scored 60 if we wanted. This was a complete domination.We milked the clock the entire second half.

Mr Meaty
01-08-2022, 07:34 PM
we are good....

Kevin
01-08-2022, 07:37 PM
https://brobible.com/sports/article/hunter-leupke-ndsu-bison-national-championship/

EC8CH
01-08-2022, 07:53 PM
I get that MSU is confident in their team but damn they were down right arrogant going into this game. Feels good to show them who the real King of the FCS is. Great game NDSU, celebrate tonight and then it’s time for 10!

Truth. Over confidence. Beat down feels good.

HoopsBison
01-08-2022, 07:54 PM
congrats to the staff and players, another dominate performance in Frisco!

admin
01-08-2022, 07:56 PM
https://brobible.com/sports/article/hunter-leupke-ndsu-bison-national-championship/

Everything about the first TD was glorious.

That is the official Bisonville position.

OrygunBison
01-08-2022, 07:59 PM

Just awesome. I've already forwarded that link to several of my non-NDSU friends that love the Bison brand of FB.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 08:05 PM
Can we get some appreciation for that third td? Sending cam in motion from under center was genius.

OrygunBison
01-08-2022, 08:09 PM
Can we get some appreciation for that third td? Sending cam in motion from under center was genius.

Yeah, I really liked that as well. TR ain't as bad as he's made out to be here.

OrygunBison
01-08-2022, 08:10 PM

It would have been better if Cam would have moonwalked while in motion.

BiZon22
01-08-2022, 08:11 PM
Question, was TR really just not showing much on film…? He looked like Sean Mcvay today lol

TAILG8R
01-08-2022, 08:12 PM
Question, was TR really just not showing much on film…? He looked like Sean Mcvay today lolWhen you know you're going to get to the natty you save it all for that last game. :)

westnodak93bison
01-08-2022, 08:29 PM
Total Joke. Msu is not even a mid level mvfc team

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sage
01-08-2022, 08:40 PM
My observation of today game? Would have wished for 6 quarters so we could have stuck the horns in deepah.

Hansel
01-08-2022, 08:46 PM

Saw this sign next to the trash- thought it was good place for it-

HerdBot
01-08-2022, 08:55 PM
Great season and a great team. One of my all time favorite Championship teams. They improved and peaked today. What a rushing attack! What a defense!

IzzyFlexion
01-08-2022, 09:02 PM
Both teams combined:

7 different players took at least 1 snap at quarterback.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 09:05 PM
Both teams combined:

They also combined for nine titles in the last eleven years.

OrygunBison
01-08-2022, 09:06 PM
Both teams combined:

For the Bison: Miller, QP, Cole, and Luepke
For the Bobcats: Mullet, the other QB guy, and Troy Anderson

Did I get that correct?

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 09:07 PM
we are good....

Sorry. Can’t award understatement of the year. Too many days left.

Solid entry though.

IzzyFlexion
01-08-2022, 09:08 PM

And...........
I am tied with all UND players for most FCS rings.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 09:12 PM

Please send email to Tyler.roehl@ndsu.edu

Kevin
01-08-2022, 09:15 PM
Please send email to Tyler.roehl@ndsu.edu

We talk every day bro. Since he enrolled in my offensive coordinator program for offensive coordinators who can’t offensively coordinate good.

As u can see it was money well spent.

sage
01-08-2022, 09:18 PM
I have a cow pasture that would have been better than that piece of sh** field. That is ridiculous to have to play on something like that. Been different if they would have had 8 inches of rain.

gabisonfan
01-08-2022, 09:27 PM
We talk every day bro. Since he enrolled in my offensive coordinator program for offensive coordinators who can’t offensively coordinate good.

As u can see it was money well spent.

Email sent. Think about next year's offense. Holy shit!!!

gavin2126
01-08-2022, 09:34 PM
For the Bison: Miller, QP, Cole, and Luepke
For the Bobcats: Mullet, the other QB guy, and Troy Anderson

Did I get that correct?I don't think Troy took a direct snap for them. His one carry he lined up as an H-back and took a handoff.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

SafeTeeJ
01-08-2022, 09:48 PM
Great game by the good guys. Impressed with the offense and play calling. Defense is always lights out so, that goes without saying.

Only bad take on the game is our increased need to taunt. It was almost embarrassing at times today.
I hope Entz addresses this. I saw him barking on the sideline after we got a 15 yd penalty, but shit was going on long before that.

MinotBison
01-08-2022, 09:54 PM
And...........
I am tied with all UND players for most FCS rings.
:rofl: :cheers:

NDSU92
01-08-2022, 10:17 PM
I want MontBison to give everyone an apology: first for saying Montana State was legit, second for taking it personally when people said that joke of a team only beat SDSU because SDSU was worn out.

Biggest Frisco beat down to date

BisonHorns
01-08-2022, 10:22 PM
Was this the first championship game where we completely quit trying to score? The third and fourth quarters we just ran clock to avoid looking like dicks.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 10:25 PM
I want lakes to give everyone an apology: first for being lakes, second for taking the restraining orders personally.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 10:27 PM
Was this the first championship game where we completely quit trying to score? The third and fourth quarters we just ran clock to avoid looking like dicks.

First time I won’t complain about it.

Once a bison always a bison.

MontBison
01-08-2022, 10:31 PM
I want MontBison to give everyone an apology: first for saying Montana State was legit, second for taking it personally when people said that joke of a team only beat SDSU because SDSU was worn out.

Biggest Frisco beat down to date

I’m here. Stand by my comments. No idea what the hell was on the field today. You can’t tell me Montanan State isn’t a physical team when they pretty much mopped the field with SDSU who you know….beat us. This makes Montanan State what the 3rd best team in the FCS (now second with JMU gone) which does probably mean something.

NDSU is laughably better than anyone else in the FCS. Funny my phone always lights up when NDSU loses during the regular season and I’m quick to remind those folks the games don’t count until December and that’s more apparent now than ever.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 10:32 PM
Email sent. Think about next year's offense. Holy shit!!!

Think about this: if the NFL does not come calling I believe Mr Hat Trick gets a Covid year. Right?

MontBison
01-08-2022, 10:32 PM
Also I’m not so sure I wouldn’t take Vigen over Entz. The Harbaugh silver spoon comment might ring true here.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 10:33 PM
Fuck Montanan state bro.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 10:34 PM
Great game by the good guys. Impressed with the offense and play calling. Defense is always lights out so, that goes without saying.

Only bad take on the game is our increased need to taunt. It was almost embarrassing at times today.
I hope Entz addresses this. I saw him barking on the sideline after we got a 15 yd penalty, but shit was going on long before that.

We got a 15 for celebrating, not taunting.

HerdBot
01-08-2022, 10:35 PM
These guys just played an insane amount of games due to covid. The amount if time they invested is off the charts. Just trying to field a healthy football team after all these games and practices is impressive in itself and we needed everyone

For that reason this may be the best team in the Championship era.

So to all the players, coaches, administration and even the fans who spent a lot of money over the long season... time to kick back and enjoy it. Take some time off and cheers!

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 10:35 PM

The best part was they played along and ran clock too.

OrygunBison
01-08-2022, 10:36 PM
Also I’m not so sure I wouldn’t take Vigen over Entz. The Harbaugh silver spoon comment might ring true here.

Entz has grown on me. It's obvious that the players love him. He's also maintained and perhaps even improved recruiting and, while not completely obvious in this particular game, is willing to take more chances than his predecessors.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 10:37 PM
Think about this: if the NFL does not come calling I believe Mr Hat Trick gets a Covid year. Right?

Two more years would be unfair.

Let’s do it.

ByeSonBusiness
01-08-2022, 10:38 PM

Same concept. Extracarricular nonsense after the play.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 10:39 PM
I want lakes to give everyone an apology: first for being lakes, second for taking the restraining orders personally.

Are you bitter because he wouldn’t introduce you to the bartender at Tight Ends?

HerdBot
01-08-2022, 10:39 PM
The best part was they played along and ran clock too.

There weren't enough possessions left in the game to score 5 TDs, they would have needed like 3 straight onside kicks.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 10:40 PM
Same concept. Extracarricular nonsense after the play.

Somewhat agree but not completely. Celebrating is a misdemeanor whereas taunting is a felony IMHO.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 10:40 PM
Are you bitter because he wouldn’t introduce you to the bartender at Tight Ends?

Or her grandma.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 10:44 PM

Sorry, anyone who is not a fan of Matthew Entz just might have a personality disorder.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 10:45 PM
Or her grandma.

Was she there?

SafeTeeJ
01-08-2022, 10:51 PM

Not sure I saw the “celebration” after the interception, but Entz was clearly laying into a specific player who was doing some “celebrating” after tackles earlier than the interception.

I dunno, maybe I am just old and think the play on the field is more than enough to state your dominance.

Clearly Entz didn’t like it and the crap stopped after his sideline rant. But he is older too and must not like “ celebrating

TAILG8R
01-08-2022, 10:57 PM
Not sure I saw the “celebration” after the interception, but Entz was clearly laying into a specific player who was doing some “celebrating” after tackles earlier than the interception.

I dunno, maybe I am just old and think the play on the field is more than enough to state your dominance.

Clearly Entz didn’t like it and the crap stopped after his sideline rant. But he is older too and must not like “ celebratingI do think today's players celebrate a bit more than the past but I posted in a thread a couple weeks how surprised I was after watching highlights of old championship games from the 80s how many players celebrated the way they did.

DakotaOkie
01-08-2022, 10:58 PM

Clearly Entz didn’t like it and the crap stopped after his sideline rant. But he is older too and must not like “ celebrating
Dawson and 5-6 others ran with the ball all the way to the end zone after the interception where they danced around a bit ala NFL. There was no doubt a flag was going to be thrown.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 11:12 PM

I’m a whole lot older than Matt Entz and I will absolutely temper my suppression of expressions of positive energy (celebrations) vs negative energy (taunting).

These kids are not pros. They are supposed to be having fun.

May just be me though.

Hammerhead
01-08-2022, 11:16 PM
Fuck Montanan state bro.

According to their board we are one of the worst fanbases but they were doing chants while an injured opponent was on the ground being attended to.

bisonaudit
01-08-2022, 11:16 PM
Total Joke. Msu is not even a mid level mvfc team

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Overstatement but also not an insult.

mtoutfitter
01-08-2022, 11:26 PM

Legend

You gotta remember Shorthorn is a friend of Lakes and did defend him the whole time that Lakes was in penalty box.

OrygunBison
01-08-2022, 11:28 PM
Dawson and 5-6 others ran with the ball all the way to the end zone after the interception where they danced around a bit ala NFL. There was no doubt a flag was going to be thrown.

Entz has given Dawson Webber WAY more of a leash on his yipping and yapping than I ever would. He often behaves like he plays for a team like EWU or Sammy or something rather than a team that just knows how to kick ass.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 11:29 PM
Well folks Norman Searight of WCCO in MSP just gave our game prime time shout out on the 6:00 pm news show. Norman works for Mike Max who has been a friend of the Bizon

With game video highlights btw.

No_Skill
01-08-2022, 11:37 PM
Sounds like they have a "9" spelled out in the windows of the state capitol building.

Might be tricky to get a 10 on there.

mtoutfitter
01-08-2022, 11:39 PM
Somewhat agree but not completely. Celebrating is a misdemeanor whereas taunting is a felony IMHO.

Not trying to be a dick but it's still not what the Bison program was built on.....Ask CAS

gavin2126
01-08-2022, 11:44 PM
Sounds like they have a "9" spelled out in the windows of the state capitol building.

Might be tricky to get a 10 on there.

A big X? 11 could be doable next but after that would be tricky.

56BISON73
01-08-2022, 11:46 PM
Entz has given Dawson Webber WAY more of a leash on his yipping and yapping than I ever would. He often behaves like he plays for a team like EWU or Sammy or something rather than a team that just knows how to kick ass.

:nod: :facepalm: :ranting:

Kevin
01-08-2022, 11:47 PM
Not trying to be a dick but it's still not what the Bison program was built on.....Ask CAS

What else do you hold to 1980’s standards?

56BISON73
01-08-2022, 11:49 PM

Didnt he step out of bounds?

56BISON73
01-08-2022, 11:51 PM
What else do you hold to 1980’s standards?

Tradition, honor and good behavior NEVER grows old.

Kevin
01-08-2022, 11:55 PM
Tradition, honor and good behavior NEVER grows old.

Yeah bro good behavior so fun.

56BISON73
01-08-2022, 11:59 PM
Yeah bro good behavior so fun.

Ill y take the good behavior over asshole actions which penalizes the team any day.
It was selfish.

Kevin
01-09-2022, 12:06 AM
Ill y take the good behavior over asshole actions which penalizes the team any day.
It was selfish.

I don’t disagree. I just don’t agree with the notion that CAS is an authority on non asshole behavior.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:07 AM
I've went from shaving my eyebrows and trashing the city of Rock lake to not even watching the second half bros. I was so much cooler on crown royal.

56BISON73
01-09-2022, 12:08 AM
I don’t disagree. I just don’t agree with the notion that CAS is an authority on non asshole behavior.

Who sad he was?????

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 12:12 AM

Understood.

But times change.

Back when I was a young buck guys named Dave Osborn and Bill Brown ran the ball for some purple clad yo-yos. They were not expressive. Same team very different today.

56BISON73
01-09-2022, 12:18 AM
Understood.

But times change.

Back when I was a young buck guys named Dave Osborn and Bill Brown ran the ball for some purple clad yo-yos. They were not expressive. Same team very different today.

Two different leagues. Two different set of rules. It cost the team. Thats the point.

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 12:22 AM
Two different leagues. Two different set of rules. It cost the team. Thats the point.

The team paid 15 yds in fines. How much did they gain in cohesion? How was the oppo harmed?

Ok, never mind the last question.

My name = Matt Entz? Not gonna encourage it. But my wrist slap would likely barely kill a mosquito.

sage
01-09-2022, 12:23 AM
I was not impressed with bison pass defense. The passes that were caught were because of bad secondary play.

NDSU1980
01-09-2022, 12:24 AM
So how was this field compared to the shitty time we played Towson? Better, worse, or the same? I can't believe the NCAA allows this to happen in a title game, even if it is FCS.

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 12:25 AM
I was not impressed with bison pass defense. The passes that were caught were because of bad secondary play.

Here’s a tip - if you wish to be an idiot don’t use your outside voice.

Kevin
01-09-2022, 12:25 AM
Who sad he was?????

You did?????

56BISON73
01-09-2022, 12:26 AM
The team paid 15 yds in fines. How much did they gain in cohesion? How was the oppo harmed?

Ok, never mind the last question.

What did the penalty cost the team? Cohesion????? Oh please.

56BISON73
01-09-2022, 12:27 AM
You did?????

:smh:..............

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-WO6xRbAo

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 12:28 AM
What did the penalty cost the team? Cohesion????? Oh please.

Don’t text and drive. Go get some good BBQ. :-)

Kevin
01-09-2022, 12:31 AM
Don’t text and drive. Go get some good BBQ. :-)

Boomerposting is not “texting” bro

You should know this

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:38 AM

You should know this

He's at the library in Frisco bro

56BISON73
01-09-2022, 12:38 AM

You should know this

Always know when youve hit the bottom when you bring out the boomer shit. Without fail.:D

56BISON73
01-09-2022, 12:40 AM
He's at the library in Frisco bro

Hell I hardly text when Im stationary. The car??? No way.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:40 AM
Always know when youve hit the bottom when you bring out the boomer shit. Without fail.:D

Check out any books or just using the desktop?

56BISON73
01-09-2022, 12:41 AM
Check out any books or just using the desktop?

Lap top. Hotel room. Never leave home without it. Texting is a last resort.

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 12:42 AM
Just gonna put this out there as a place keeper-

NDSU won a national championship in FCS football today.

Ok. Carry on.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:46 AM

Ok. Carry on.

Real nail biter.

MNLonghorn10
01-09-2022, 12:48 AM
You gotta remember Shorthorn is a friend of Lakes and did defend him the whole time that Lakes was in penalty box.

I rewatched it, Melvin.

The hosts people with the mic botched the whole thing. Hunters talking to plenty of chicks tonight

Why are you thinking of lakes in a post that doesn’t have anything to do with lakes. Weird

Rent free

OrygunBison
:nod: :facepalm: :ranting:

I have no idea what this response means. Can you please add a few more of them to help me break the code? Perhaps Nicholas Cage or Tom Hanks can star in a movie about your usage of such emoticons. Call it DaVinci's Treasure or National Code or something like that...

tony

Ok. Carry on.

Which means that it's the offseason when Bisonville turns on itself instead of just enjoying the championship buzz.

tony
01-09-2022, 12:51 AM
I have no idea what this response means. Can you please add a few more of them to help me break the code? Perhaps Nicholas Cage or Tom Hanks can star in a movie about your usage of such emoticons. Call it DaVinci's Treasure or National Code or something like that...

My guess: He's nodding in agreement. Facepalm because of the penalty. Then ticked off about it.

I only made it to emoticon two when I was watching.

MNLonghorn10
01-09-2022, 12:52 AM

It wasn’t exactly a playing surface to excel in

runtheoption
01-09-2022, 12:53 AM

And also nine of the last twelve.

Fuck the FCS.

El_Chapo
01-09-2022, 12:57 AM
Disappointed in lakes for not leading a defiant storming of that shitty field.

Oh and we can move to fbs now thx.

I was literally like #8 on the field... if anything people.saw me and were like... well if they didn't tackle him.....

bisonaudit
01-09-2022, 01:01 AM
So how was this field compared to the shitty time we played Towson? Better, worse, or the same? I can't believe the NCAA allows this to happen in a title game, even if it is FCS.

It was fine. In no way comparable to Towson.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 01:07 AM
I was literally like #8 on the field... if anything people.saw me and were like... well if they didn't tackle him.....

The other 7 literally jumped that fence you had to climb bro.

tony
01-09-2022, 01:09 AM
The other 7 literally jumped that fence you had to climb bro.

This is one of the reasons I don't get anywhere without a mini trampoline. I ain't climbing no fences.

Kevin
01-09-2022, 01:12 AM

Bro we’re like a full 1.75 away from bottom.

Check back in a bit.

Kevin
01-09-2022, 01:13 AM
It was fine. In no way comparable to Towson.

Wtf bro did u grow that field or something

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 01:14 AM
Fcs chipper #9, #6 for me in person, blew out an over confided MSU team. Brisket Tacos. Good night Frisco. Till we meet again, soon.

El_Chapo
01-09-2022, 01:27 AM
Was she there?

Taylor at wild pitch yoooo

ps. Dawson Weber is Awesome, Jayden Price too. u need SWAG to play Dback. let them have fun

Mauch & Volson too.....Watson. let them talk cuz WE BACK IT UP

150-12 9 TITLES? HAHA.

bisonaudit
01-09-2022, 01:38 AM
Wtf bro did u grow that field or something

pussification of America.

Bison03
01-09-2022, 01:44 AM
I seriously am confused with all the turf bitching. I was on the field after the game, it was in great condition, or at least with a normal game played on it. No chunks coming up, and nothing even close to the towsen game. The issue was the rain that fell in the morning, and it stayed misty and cloudy all game which left the surface wet. We should have had longer cleats to help. All this talk of needing to move the game because the field sucks, stop it.

1998braves64
01-09-2022, 01:52 AM

Might be tricky to get a 10 on there.Umm they do the year every new years (sorry couldn't find 2022...
https://images.app.goo.gl/oQ6s6aFzgsE7DQi26

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=501089058040705&id=100044188461925&sfnsn=mo

PlrbrBison
01-09-2022, 01:56 AM
It would have been better if Cam would have moonwalked while in motion.

Oooohhh myyyyy. That is reaeeeeeelllllyyyyy funny. Seriously

NDSU1980
01-09-2022, 01:56 AM
I seriously am confused with all the turf bitching. I was on the field after the game, it was in great condition, or at least with a normal game played on it. No chunks coming up, and nothing even close to the towsen game. The issue was the rain that fell in the morning, and it stayed misty and cloudy all game which left the surface wet. We should have had longer cleats to help. All this talk of needing to move the game because the field sucks, stop it.

It looked great on TV except for the slipping. That's what I was confused about, seemed like everyone was having a cow because of field condition. Glad to know it really wasn't a factor.

bisoneer
01-09-2022, 01:59 AM
Congratulations to coach Matt Entz and all of his staff for figuring this season out! What a tremendous result in this final game, a real STATEMENT to put it mildly. So sad and sorry for the Bobcats coaches, players and fans as I thought this game was going to be the real deal. I know Tommy Touchdown blew out his ankle but no plan B??? A real yawner IMO and will be interesting to see the TV ratings as I am sure by the second half it is way down. But not to take away anything or diminish it but GO BISON! I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PlrbrBison
01-09-2022, 02:02 AM
:rofl: :cheers:

Shit dang char

bisoneer
01-09-2022, 02:07 AM
Agreed, that presentation guy was so discombobulated for the MVP award it was like he did not want to touch anything or anybody, get some balls, jesus christ anyways............

bisoneer
01-09-2022, 02:11 AM
Yeah, it is too bad TD Tommy got hurt, but their defense was going to have big, big problems with NDSU's offense no matter what. I'm certainly glad Troy Anderson didn't get ejected or, yikes.

After he blew out his wheel their D should have move it up a notch but what a lame effort. I think they just felt overwhelmed from the get go and collapsed like a Zeppalin on fire. I did not even need any deordorant after this one, the most calm game I have ever seen IMO.

primespareribs
01-09-2022, 02:16 AM
A big X? 11 could be doable next but after that would be tricky.

They put the four-digit year in the capital windows every New Years Eve without any issue…

Herd
01-09-2022, 02:17 AM
The turf was slick, and that’s unfortunate, but it was nothing like Towson.

IMO, it did effect the game in a few ways for both teams.
1) it negated the pass rush for both team
2) it limited running East-west
3) it made go/continuous routes more effective than stops and comebacks

If the “slick” was just rain, so be it. If it was a function of 3 straight games, then I have more of an issue with it.

mtoutfitter
01-09-2022, 02:26 AM
I rewatched it, Melvin.

The hosts people with the mic botched the whole thing. Hunters talking to plenty of chicks tonight

Why are you thinking of lakes in a post that doesn’t have anything to do with lakes. Weird

Rent free

Sorry if I confused anyone. Just thought the post about Leupke was a Lakes type post. Also, there is no denying that when he was on probation you were like his parrot. Anyone that said anything about the fella, you were there imediatley. You quit that the moment Tony took him off.

bisoneer
01-09-2022, 02:29 AM
https://cdn.forumcomm.com/dims4/default/9af5a50/2147483647/strip/true/crop/5472x3648+0+0/resize/840x560!/format/webp/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum-communications-production-web.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fbrightspot%2Fb9%2F48%2F6288 f0014e75839c690828d94cdf%2F010922.S.FF.NDSUfootbal l.29.jpg

Great post game picture!

bisonaudit
01-09-2022, 02:33 AM
The turf was slick, and that’s unfortunate, but it was nothing like Towson.

IMO, it did effect the game in a few ways for both teams.
1) it negated the pass rush for both team
2) it limited running East-west
3) it made go/continuous routes more effective than stops and comebacks

If the “slick” was just rain, so be it. If it was a function of 3 straight games, then I have more of an issue with it.

It’s a soccer pitch. It’s designed to do play exactly like it did when wet. That’s what you want for the ball to run fast and true. They water soccer pitches before games and at the half for exactly this purpose. AM rain was not ideal for gridiron football, but the field was in good shape, held up well and was not dangerous or the cause of either of the major injuries.

sage
01-09-2022, 02:35 AM
https://cdn.forumcomm.com/dims4/default/9af5a50/2147483647/strip/true/crop/5472x3648+0+0/resize/840x560!/format/webp/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforum-communications-production-web.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fbrightspot%2Fb9%2F48%2F6288 f0014e75839c690828d94cdf%2F010922.S.FF.NDSUfootbal l.29.jpg

Great post game picture!

That is a great picture!!!

DakotaOkie
01-09-2022, 02:35 AM
Didnt he step out of bounds?
He was already down at the interception. Then trotted down and possibly through the end zone along with the other guys. It was not a good look for the team at that moment.

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 02:36 AM
It’s a soccer pitch. It’s designed to do play exactly like it did when wet. That’s what you want for the ball to run fast and true. They water soccer pitches before games and at the half for exactly this purpose. AM rain was not ideal for gridiron football, but the field was in good shape, held up well and was not dangerous or the cause of either of the major injuries.

Field looked about the same as the one the Broncos and Chiefs played on tonight.

oldmantutters
01-09-2022, 02:51 AM
Taylor at wild pitch yoooo

ps. Dawson Weber is Awesome, Jayden Price too. u need SWAG to play Dback. let them have fun

Mauch & Volson too.....Watson. let them talk cuz WE BACK IT UP

150-12 9 TITLES? HAHA.Is anybody else pissed that we have more losses than titles over that time?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

stevdock
01-09-2022, 03:04 AM
Is anybody else pissed that we have more losses than titles over that time?

Also question how many teams have more playoff wins than we do titles during that run? Can't be very many.

17>1
01-09-2022, 03:25 AM
Didn't notice much fatigue within Bison nation represented at Toyota stadium today. Had a blast! What a great day to be a Bison!!!

stevdock
01-09-2022, 03:25 AM
My favorite stats that I noticed during the game:

After 19 minutes of game time we were averaging 10 yards per minute. At halftime, we were still at 9 yards per minute. So basically we were getting a first down every minute of the game for the entire first half ;)

123Gobison
01-09-2022, 03:36 AM
The only thing stopping NDSU is NDSU. Good luck to rest of the teams in FCS.

bisonaudit
01-09-2022, 03:36 AM
Also question how many teams have more playoff wins than we do titles during that run? Can't be very many.

Sam
JMU
EWU
SDSU

123Gobison
01-09-2022, 03:42 AM
Hunter Lipke reminds me of Kleinsasser from the 90s era.

BigHorns
01-09-2022, 03:50 AM
Didn't notice much fatigue within Bison nation represented at Toyota stadium today. Had a blast! What a great day to be a Bison!!!

Yep, was ton of fun inside and outside the stadium.
Field condition was a bit crazy, but was an amazing performance all around. We left no doubt who the champion is!

bison22
01-09-2022, 03:54 AM
When are we getting a Netflix Special or ESPN 30 for 30?

ndsubison1
01-09-2022, 04:12 AM
Watching replay MSU was way lost on defense. Looked like guys lined up terribly, fits were bad, way out of alignment. Just a shit show and we manhandled em.

bisoneer
01-09-2022, 04:21 AM

Great Idea!

bisoneer
01-09-2022, 04:25 AM
Watching the post game interviews on worthless espn site. Feel bad for Brent Vigen but Cudos to him for getting thru it in a professional way. Hope and think for sure he will recover from this loss and know that he knows it get up and keep going...
Good Luck Brent and your family and keep your chins up to all Bobcat fans, ND is proud of you and we know we will meet again.

HerdBot
01-09-2022, 04:26 AM

We win a national Championship in a blowout fashion, and that's your comment

Hammerhead
01-09-2022, 04:31 AM

Maybe they’ll move the game to the high school stadium where the D-II or D-III game is played.

HerdBot
01-09-2022, 04:36 AM

It's bordering on insane and a great story. So insane that Kolpack wrote a book prematurely. When he wrote his 1st, we were only on #5

Since 2011, we've done it all. 9 national championships in 11 years. Wins over a top 10 Iowa, K State, etc. 2 first round QBs. Numerous impactful NFL Players. It was impressive when we were the first in history to three peat.

fmfantasy
01-09-2022, 04:42 AM
Entz has grown on me. It's obvious that the players love him. He's also maintained and perhaps even improved recruiting and, while not completely obvious in this particular game, is willing to take more chances than his predecessors.

If not for covid he is likely 47-1 with 3 titles worst case? Hard to knock a guy with a record like that.

oldmantutters
01-09-2022, 05:05 AM
When are we getting a Netflix Special or ESPN 30 for 30?They usually do those when a dynasty is done. So, hopefully they don't do one for a long time.

Twentysix
01-09-2022, 05:40 AM
The fcs sucks. This was a super boring game and it was a championship.

ByeSonBusiness
01-09-2022, 06:04 AM
It wasn’t exactly a playing surface to excel in

Audit thought it was great

MangyOldBison
01-09-2022, 06:56 AM
Hunter Lipke reminds me of Kleinsasser from the 90s era.

Couple of legends!

ByeSonBusiness
01-09-2022, 06:57 AM

Hope you are ready for more of it. It's not going to get any better.

wagsabison
01-09-2022, 11:00 AM
This national championship brought to you by broseed. Need seed bro? Broseed.

7) Cam and QP. Think that will be the combo again next year? Congrats to both. They deserve this not just for the great play all season but their attitudes and leadership. Lucky to have them and the heir apparent in Payton.

Cam and QP might be the few times the 2 qb system works.

1998braves64
01-09-2022, 11:07 AM
https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/1479905762721906698?t=MfsFxDCWCunqPjQN6CjGYg&s=19

Not that there isn't getting to be some validity to being even further step lower than FBS. But some of comments on Ben Leber's congratulations are absurd even more so if these guys are gopher fans lol. Bet they think they can beat us now...

Leber has always been very complimentary of NDSU. Think he knows fairly well the history as he grew up by vermilion and his brother played for USD I think he said once or twice on power trip.

NDSUBowler
01-09-2022, 11:14 AM

And the semis were great.

On the flipside how were the fbs semis? Since anecdotal evidence matters and all that…

BisonHorns
01-09-2022, 11:30 AM
The good news is we can all buy Frisco tickets in August next year again.

1998braves64
01-09-2022, 11:36 AM
See Kevin and Scottie started their own website now.

Wolfie
01-09-2022, 11:47 AM
Cam and QP might be the few times the 2 qb system works.

It didn't work at all until the title game.

sage
01-09-2022, 12:34 PM
We win a national Championship in a blowout fashion, and that's your comment

MSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion
Yep, that is the answer to the thread topic. I have felt in most of the games this year if there was a weak spot it was our secondary pass D. My view didn't change in this game. If there is never any room for improvement than there will never be any new growth. As a team you should never be totally content with success because than you will not move forward.

It was a great win, and I did mention that in another thread.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:35 PM
It didn't work at all until the title game.

We only open the playbook up once a year bro. Keeps the other teams thinking they still belong in fcs.

tony
01-09-2022, 12:36 PM
"Execution, execution, execution," Matt Entz. Call what plays you want, but executing the plays you call is the key to championships. NDSU's offense put on an absolute clinic in power football to set up knockout blows.

NDSU also scored some serious style points with the Cody Mauch sliding first down signal, the Luepke search and destroy TD, and the beer snake in the stands.

Montana State fans were LOUD too. Very impressive.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:37 PM
They baited 3rd and qb all year and then converted those long 3rd downs with passes. That's coaching bro. Old school Vigen shit. Now if we could just take Bohl to the wood shed

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 12:42 PM
NDSU also scored some serious style points with the Cody Mauch sliding first down signal.

I've been waiting for this comment. Was starting to think I just see stuff that isn't real after indy drilled me about that timeout and so much going on with a head coach and being caught up in the play and not having time to call a timeout. I know I yelled call a timeout at the TV before the ball was snapped bro.

Anyways

The slide. That was worse then any other showboating eh. Blow a knee sliding through the slop in the first half. Lolz. Funny stuff eh.

tjamz
01-09-2022, 12:45 PM
Wtf bro did u grow that field or somethingLooks like grass (not that kind Scottie, settle down) is a new avenue for Broseed to get into. Where do I send my Bitcoin and slave labor to help out bro?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

tjamz
01-09-2022, 12:56 PM
They usually do those when a dynasty is done. So, hopefully they don't do one for a long time.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using TapatalkIf they wait until the end of the dynasty run to start the documentary, everyone from the start of this dynasty will be dead or in nursing homes (purple? You be the judge)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

tony
01-09-2022, 12:59 PM
The slide. That was worse then any other showboating eh. Blow a knee sliding through the slop in the first half. Lolz. Funny stuff eh.

The Slide was awesome. If I ever get the chance to learn video effects, I'm going to make a looping gif of that slide going off frame without the blocking MSU players.

IndyBison
01-09-2022, 01:00 PM
I volunteered at the CFP Playoff concerts in downtown Indy last night. First, I learned who Pink Sweat, AJR, and Doja Cat are. Second, I talked with several Alabama and Georgia fans who knew the Bison won another championship. Several members of the Alabama marching band watched the game on the bus on their way to Indy. Because of the dominating performance in championships, the Bison are more known than many FCS champs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride
01-09-2022, 01:10 PM
What did the crowd split and up being? And was it fully sold out?

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 01:14 PM
What did the crowd split and up being? And was it fully sold out?

I'd say 60-40. MSU fans did well showing up. Stands looked filled in except for the usual bare section on the concourse side north of midfield. Every year there's an area of bare seats. By the end though it looked like SRO folks filled it in.

El_Chapo
01-09-2022, 01:19 PM
70-30 was the consensus.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 01:33 PM
Didn't really see any good signs on TV guys. Let down.

Should have had Vigens face on a vintage one piece ski suit.

No_Skill
01-09-2022, 01:34 PM
Comment on the beer snake. One more reason the Frisco community loves us...we clean up our trash.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 01:38 PM
Comment on the beer snake. One more reason the Frisco community loves us...we clean up our trash.

Beer snake was MSU fans. The one I saw anyway.

oldmantutters
01-09-2022, 01:44 PM
Beer snake was MSU fans. The one I saw anyway.The only one shown (multiple times) on TV was NDSUs. We won again, but I'm sure it was MSUs worst beer snake in the history of their program. Figures.

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 01:50 PM
Beer snake was MSU fans. The one I saw anyway.

Why did they dress in green and yellow?

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 01:53 PM

So, except for the trophy part it was just like Michigan-Georgia then.

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2022, 01:54 PM
If not for covid he is likely 47-1 with 3 titles worst case? Hard to knock a guy with a record like that.

I don't think it was Covid that tarnished his record. It was the NFL.

NDSU1980
01-09-2022, 02:00 PM
Couldn't they at least find someone competent to do the awards presentations? That old boy seemed completely lost, especially with the MVP award.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 02:02 PM
Why did they dress in green and yellow?

Must have been another. Curious to see now how we beat them in the beer snake game too.

scottietohottie
01-09-2022, 02:02 PM
So, except for the trophy part it was just like Michigan-Georgia then.

Exactly why we can't play big 10 teams anymore. It would take the wind out of the sec sails when little old ndsu throttles the big ten Champs.

oldmantutters
01-09-2022, 02:11 PM
Couldn't they at least find someone competent to do the awards presentations? That old boy seemed completely lost, especially with the MVP award."Uh...uh...here ya go. Good job player #44"

daddy daycare
01-09-2022, 02:21 PM
Didn’t get to watch much…what was approximate crowd split?

oldmantutters
01-09-2022, 02:25 PM
Didn’t get to watch much…what was approximate crowd split?Mr FCS Forever didn't even be bothered to take the time to watch the championship game? Can't make it up

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 02:26 PM
https://twitter.com/18rwerven/status/1480195444068261893?t=dmAWM8BE67BnGQv8vrIT6Q&s=19

NDSU wins again. Much stronger cup snake game than bob kitties

daddy daycare
01-09-2022, 02:31 PM
Mr FCS Forever didn't even be bothered to take the time to watch the championship game? Can't make it up

Ya 4 of my kids hockey games got in the way. Sorry for being a douche. Pretty simple question but you had to go that route I guess. Also not FCS forever I just have a brain.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 02:51 PM
Coach Cain was at the game in Frisco again. Love that guy he definitely lives the onceabison... Mentality.

https://twitter.com/coachjcain/status/1479966885462654977?t=x9IaFoqHoABZo5mxge4VJA&s=19

Pards Rule
01-09-2022, 02:52 PM
That poor MSU fan shown at the game with the made up Bobcat helmet. He will be a meme forever. I did like the MSU "Party like its 1984" shirts though! In December 1984, damn I was just out of Lafayette College since May (finally landed a job in early Dec 1984, not to start until Jan. 1985. Hiring was for experienced folk laid off in early 80s recesion, deepest at that point since Great Depression, before hiring newbie college grads), they didnt really have widespread cable so couldnt watch game on TV, championship in mid Dec as only 16 teams back then to qualify, its was called 1-AA, and Reagan just re elected to second term a month earlier in a true landslide over Walter Mondale of your neighboring Minnesota.

GFBison
01-09-2022, 02:56 PM
https://twitter.com/18rwerven/status/1480195444068261893?t=dmAWM8BE67BnGQv8vrIT6Q&s=19

NDSU wins again. Much stronger cup snake game than bob kitties

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220109/109e1b3ec17df071eb949e41a962adff.jpg

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 03:05 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220109/109e1b3ec17df071eb949e41a962adff.jpg

Bwahahahahahahah... Look at the one sad bobcat guy in the lower right. Priceless.

Elvis was a Bison
01-09-2022, 03:07 PM
For all you youngsters who never heard of the White Album, here is a classic from John Lennon to help you celebrate yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNdcFPjGsm8

Enjoy!!

MNLonghorn10
01-09-2022, 04:02 PM
https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/1479905762721906698?t=MfsFxDCWCunqPjQN6CjGYg&s=19

Not that there isn't getting to be some validity to being even further step lower than FBS. But some of comments on Ben Leber's congratulations are absurd even more so if these guys are gopher fans lol. Bet they think they can beat us now...

Leber has always been very complimentary of NDSU. Think he knows fairly well the history as he grew up by vermilion and his brother played for USD I think he said once or twice on power trip.

He never showed up to 2 words: frisco cruiser bus…jerk.

But yea, lebers cool in my book

blackdiamond2
01-09-2022, 04:27 PM
Can somebody explain to me - and possible show a couple of scree shots of what constitutes an illegal man downfield is? The couple of plays I am talking about are the run pass options that Montana State ran where the QB were faking run and then passed before getting the line of scrimmage. What are the rules for lineman being downfield/passed the line of scrimmage on those plays?

OrygunBison
01-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Can somebody explain to me - and possible show a couple of scree shots of what constitutes an illegal man downfield is? The couple of plays I am talking about are the run pass options that Montana State ran where the QB were faking run and then passed before getting the line of scrimmage. What are the rules for lineman being downfield/passed the line of scrimmage on those plays?

It is either 1 or 3 yards, can't remember. There are 5 guys (the linemen) ineligible to move beyond that line. Sometimes tight ends can't either, based on if they're covered up by a receiver or not.

bison22
01-09-2022, 05:02 PM
Just be like sdsu and send your whole oline downfield on a screen pass. FCS officials never call it.

The Montana state ones yesterday though I believe we're fairly called. Oline was just across the line of scrimmage which is legal

X-Factor
01-09-2022, 05:11 PM
It's bordering on insane and a great story. So insane that Kolpack wrote a book prematurely. When he wrote his 1st, we were only on #5

Since 2011, we've done it all. 9 national championships in 11 years. Wins over a top 10 Iowa, K State, etc. 2 first round QBs. Numerous impactful NFL Players. It was impressive when we were the first in history to three peat.

Appalachian State would have something to say about that

But 4-peat, yes!

NDSU_grad
01-09-2022, 05:29 PM
It is either 1 or 3 yards, can't remember. There are 5 guys (the linemen) ineligible to move beyond that line. Sometimes tight ends can't either, based on if they're covered up by a receiver or not.
3 yards in college, 1 yard in the NFL.

Mr Meaty
01-09-2022, 06:09 PM

Not until this is over and it will never be over!!!!

HerdBot
01-09-2022, 06:29 PM
Appalachian State would have something to say about that

But 4-peat, yes!

Whoops meant 4 peat. That wasn't even a thing until we came along. 5 peat is a new language

IndyBison
01-09-2022, 07:23 PM
3 yards in college, 1 yard in the NFL.

This is correct. At it's the location at the time or before the pass is released. It's not uncommon for a lineman to be 3 yards when pass is released by 5-7 yards when the pass is caught and coaches to scream for a foul. In NCAA if the pass is touched in or behind the neutral zone then there can be no foul for ineligible downfield no matter how far they are. Not sure about the NFL rule on that. So if the linemen were downfield on a screen pass (assuming caught behind NZ) then it was correctly not flagged.

Twentysix
01-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Hope you are ready for more of it. It's not going to get any better.

Please no. At this point being an independent in the fbs might be more entertaining for the fans.

Twentysix
01-09-2022, 07:43 PM
And the semis were great.

On the flipside how were the fbs semis? Since anecdotal evidence matters and all that…

The team that made the semis great is gone.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 07:51 PM
I could have swore they announced Troy Anderson as the Buchanan award winner at the game. But he didn't win it, was it some other award? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

NDSU1980
01-09-2022, 07:56 PM
OK, I gotta ask about the fake field goal by MSU. What the hell were they really trying to do? I've watched the replay a few times it sure doesn't make sense. Enlighten me here guys.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 08:03 PM
OK, I gotta ask about the fake field goal by MSU. What the hell were they really trying to do, pass into the endzone for 6 and it didn't work? I mean, what's the advantage of faking it and punting for a touchback? Enlighten me guys

Think the punter had the option to run it or pooch it. Run wasn't there and pooch kick was bad.

ByeSonBusiness
01-09-2022, 08:04 PM
OK, I gotta ask about the fake field goal by MSU. What the hell were they really trying to do, pass into the endzone for 6 and it didn't work? I mean, what's the advantage of faking it and punting for a touchback? Enlighten me guys

I presume the plan was to run/pass if it was there and punt if it was not.

MontBison
01-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Please no. At this point being an independent in the fbs might be more entertaining for the fans.

Hindsight we should have played an 8-10 game season last fall as plug in’s for FBS cancelation. I doubt we would have had a home game but that was legit our best team ever and then just say F the spring season. Would have taken some guts and foresight by ML of which he has little.

bisoneer
01-09-2022, 08:40 PM
"Uh...uh...here ya go. Good job player #44"

Totally agree, how unorganized and un professional at the title game to not have someone like a conference president present that outstanding award.

gavin2126
01-09-2022, 08:46 PM
I could have swore they announced Troy Anderson as the Buchanan award winner at the game. But he didn't win it, was it some other award? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

It was some other award.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/1/6/football-bobcat-linebacker-troy-andersen-earns-fcs-ada-national-defensive-player-of-the-year-honors.aspx

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 09:34 PM
It was some other award.

https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/1/6/football-bobcat-linebacker-troy-andersen-earns-fcs-ada-national-defensive-player-of-the-year-honors.aspx

Saw EWU QB get the Payton. Must have missed the Buchanan and just figured that's what Anderson was announced for. Don't remember any other awards being announced during championship before.

Hansel
01-09-2022, 09:39 PM

That’s what I thought at the game as well. I think Kobe’s long run was right after they announced the award?

mtoutfitter
01-09-2022, 09:44 PM
That’s what I thought at the game as well. I think Kobe’s long run was right after they announced the award?

Isiah Land. Florida A&M was the winner.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 09:44 PM

Well, gave them something to cheer about winning that day at least.

Kevin
01-09-2022, 09:45 PM
Isiah Land. Florida A&M was the winner.

Literally who?

Literally where?

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 09:48 PM
Literally who?

Literally where?

To be fair Anderson didn't do much yesterday either.

Kevin
01-09-2022, 09:57 PM

Yeah but they totes would have won had tommy Mellon not had his ankle rosenboom’d bro

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 09:57 PM
Yeah but they totes would have won had tommy Mellon not had his ankle rosenboom’d bro

Was Mellon playing D line. Otherwise I don't think so.

mtoutfitter
01-09-2022, 09:59 PM

Led the Cats in tackles with 10...not a bad day I'd say.

gavin2126
01-09-2022, 10:00 PM
Yesterday was such a complete and utter beat down for the Bobcats, they couldn't win anything. Not the coin toss. Nor the TV show theme song trivia game, the pizza box relay, or any of the other in game entertainment where fans competed against each other. NDSU won every single competition between the 2 teams.

Kevin
01-09-2022, 10:01 PM
Was Mellon playing D line. Otherwise I don't think so.

Had he gotten the intended 66 carries then the d-line never would have been on the field bro.

This is why I’m the oc.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 10:02 PM
Led the Cats in tackles with 10...not a bad day I'd say.

Saw him fly past Luepke on one of his 3 TDs in the first half. When he was making tackles not near close enough to the Los.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 10:02 PM
Yesterday was such a complete and utter beat down for the Bobcats, they couldn't win anything. Not the coin toss. Nor the TV show theme song trivia game, the pizza box relay, or any of the other in game entertainment where fans competed against each other. NDSU won every single competition between the 2 teams.

Lost the cup snake too. Also the tailgate.

EC8CH
01-09-2022, 10:04 PM
Had he gotten the intended 66 carries then the d-line never would have been on the field bro.

This is why I’m the oc.

Line surge bro. No OC needed.

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1479896555071098883?t=IVxBswuGQeM9f6R7DHJJJg&s=19

TAILG8R
01-09-2022, 10:22 PM
To be fair Anderson didn't do much yesterday either.I saw him get sucked so far up to the line a few times that he was easily taken out by an O-lineman. So that's something.

NDSU1980
01-09-2022, 11:27 PM
All this talk today about Steelers being out if a game ends in a tie, etc, got me thinking. Who remembers back in either 1985 or 1986 when the Bison needed like 6 games to go a certain way at the end of the season and one of those had to end in a tie or we'd be out of the playoffs. Earle Solomonson was coach and was so sure it wouldn't happen that he packed the equipment and let the team go home for quarter break. And it all fell into place, that game ended in a tie, we made the playoffs, and won the natty.

And then Solomonson went to Montana State after our 1986 natty and set their program back 10 years IIRC.

SafeTeeJ
01-09-2022, 11:40 PM
All this talk today about Steelers being out if a game ends in a tie, etc, got me thinking. Who remembers back in either 1985 or 1986 when the Bison needed like 6 games to go a certain way at the end of the season and one of those had to end in a tie or we'd be out of the playoffs. Earle Solomonson was coach and was so sure it wouldn't happen that he packed the equipment and let the team go home for quarter break. And it all fell into place, that game ended in a tie, we made the playoffs, and won the natty.

And then Solomonson went to Montana State after our 1986 natty and set their program back 10 years IIRC.

1985. The year of “The Pitch”

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/1985-the-oral-history-of-the-most-resilient-bison-football-national-championship-team/

gavin2126
01-09-2022, 11:47 PM
Lost the cup snake too. Also the tailgate.https://youtu.be/QEd7Y2YLgTg

SomeBeach
01-09-2022, 11:52 PM

Including the "Show a Commercial that Talks Up Your University on National TV" competition. :sigpalm:

bisonaudit
01-10-2022, 12:03 AM

NFL, so dumb. That this is even on the table is a complete self-own.

Bison03
01-10-2022, 12:24 AM
“We got some kick ass kids on this football team.”
-Matt Entz, postgame press conference.

Honeybooboo
01-10-2022, 01:34 AM
Beat down, they were over matched at every aspect and position, their d was li,e Swiss cheese.

Tailgate was epic

89MTBISON
01-10-2022, 02:24 AM
Have we lost an Elite 90 award?

GreenfieldBison
01-10-2022, 02:36 AM

Wait, they had in game entertainment and fan engagement? Was anyone from the Fargodome there taking notes?

Hammerhead
01-10-2022, 02:39 AM
Wait, they had in game entertainment and fan engagement? Was anyone from the Fargodome there taking notes?

The cup snakes were more entertaining than the activities on the field during breaks. The “Go, bison Go” chant was the worst.

GreenfieldBison
01-10-2022, 02:40 AM
Has anyone heard from our pal Jeff Choate regarding yesterday's result?

GreenfieldBison
01-10-2022, 02:41 AM
The cup snakes were more entertaining than the activities on the field during breaks. The “Go, bison Go” chant was the worst.

Can't say I ever noticed any in game entertainment previously. Except that Jacksonville State Band. Those peeps were legit.

ndsubison1
01-10-2022, 03:37 AM
OK, I gotta ask about the fake field goal by MSU. What the hell were they really trying to do? I've watched the replay a few times it sure doesn't make sense. Enlighten me here guys.

IDK but we also dropped guys into coverage lol. Their defense was really overwhelmed and unprepared. Banks their DC may have not spent all his time preparing as he got a new job...

56BISON73
01-10-2022, 03:51 AM
My guess: He's nodding in agreement. Facepalm because of the penalty. Then ticked off about it.

I only made it to emoticon two when I was watching.

We have a good Bingo.

56BISON73
01-10-2022, 04:20 AM
He was already down at the interception. Then trotted down and possibly through the end zone along with the other guys. It was not a good look for the team at that moment.

Do you remember the yardline? I thought it was within 4 down territory and the penalty killed that.

Hansel
01-10-2022, 02:05 PM
Do you remember the yardline? I thought it was within 4 down territory and the penalty killed that.

Ball got moved from MSU 43 to NDSU 42 after the penalty- NDSU punted on 4th and 2 from the 50

TNbison
01-10-2022, 02:06 PM
Poor pissed off drunk Cats fan just about got himself into trouble in the parking lot. Had to de-escalate the situation. Someone had to have been giving him shit to get him that riled up but I didn't see any of that. He just can strolling through cussing and carrying on ready to throw down. Outside of that guy all the interactions with cats fans were terrific.

TransAmBison
01-10-2022, 02:39 PM
Here's my somewhat brief recap of the Frisco trip/game...probably will expand on certain points later.

- Frisco/Plano made no bones about it again when hosting...clearly let all know who they were cheering for. The wife and I went into a local bar Friday night that was wall to wall Bobcat fans. We walk up to the bar and the bartender stops what he is doing and comes over to shake our hands and asks if we wanted the same beers we started with the other night. Made sure to serve us first whenever it got really busy. Bartender and servers came over to shake our hands when we left as well. Bobcat fans at the bar were awesome.

-We were stopped by locals many times each day and they would tell us about the Bison items they had and how they were going to the game to cheer us on.

- Many pro-Bison signs put up around town.

-Game attendance. I was thinking 55/45 Bison. Ran into CAS in the tailgate lot and he was thinking 60/40 Bison. I'm thinking he is probably closer...but it was hard to tell.

-Bobcat fans were twice as loud as Bison fans. They brought the energy of 2011 Bison fans.

-We've got some serious noobs that apparently only go to championship games...had Bison fans by us that were trying to start chants when we were on offense.

-And the worst one. Before the game they had fan engagement type stuff...had a Bobcat and a Bison fan on the field to lead a school cheer. Bobcat fan let the stadium in Go Cats Go. Then it was the Bison fan's turn, and she leads Go Bison Go! Just smh.