PDA

View Full Version : Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread 2022

Bison03
01-02-2022, 05:03 AM
Well, its been a long 2 years; but its finally championship game week, and the pilgrimage to our home away from home will once again begin. By planes, trains, or automobile; share your stories from the road, road conditions, and pictures a plenty. From Bison flags at state borders to your buddy passed out from road beers and gas station sushi. See you all in Texas. Let the journey begin. Go Bison!!

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 05:15 AM
Cya Thursday at Tight Ends Bitches!!!

Live Streaming NDSU basketball 7pm

mtoutfitter
01-02-2022, 02:46 PM
Cya Thursday at Tight Ends Bitches!!!

Live Streaming NDSU basketball 7pm

Woo Hoo!! You got the Towel Boy job at TEs again!

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 04:34 PM
Woo Hoo!! You got the Towel Boy job at TEs again!

and baby oil....

56BISON73
01-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Will be leaving by 5pm today. Next stop Rogers AR.

GreenfieldBison
01-02-2022, 05:58 PM
Will be leaving by 5pm today. Next stop Rogers AR.

Safe travels

KidZer0
01-03-2022, 05:56 PM
As stated in other threads, arrived last night. Love this "Work from anywhere" thing...

56BISON73
01-04-2022, 05:14 AM
The eagle has landed. Got in at 10:30pm Monday.

El_Chapo
01-04-2022, 02:29 PM
There's a Scheels down there now in the Colony ... LOL I love it.

everyone should swing by, they are my client and told me there will be a ton of NDSU gear and FCS title gear. (nut not much ice fishing product, haha)

https://www.scheels.com/store?StoreID=096

Bison03
01-04-2022, 02:59 PM
Weather might be a little dicey today and tomorrow morning. Hope the lone plow in South Dakota is out and about. Safe travels to those hitting the road the next couple days. Make sure you give the one finger salute as you pass Brookings!!

Bison03
01-04-2022, 04:40 PM
Bison tracker up and running!

BattleBorn
01-04-2022, 05:28 PM
I haven't ruled out a drive yet, but it would be a solo trip. Go/no go is Wednesday evening. FOMO is getting to me hard.

KidZer0
01-04-2022, 05:33 PM
As stated in other threads, arrived last night. Love this "Work from anywhere" thing...

We got our 3 SRO tickets, so now we're in the building!! (Who needs a seat, we stand a bunch anyway!) We'll see you all out and about!

Gully
01-04-2022, 05:43 PM
Bison tracker up and running!

Only shows 674 fans. I guess it'll be a poor showing :)

MNLonghorn10
01-04-2022, 06:18 PM
The diehard fans leave tonight during a blizzard

TAILG8R
01-04-2022, 06:32 PM
The diehard fans leave tonight during a blizzard

This is the way

If I'm not white knuckled and scared to death about 30 miles into SD it's not a trip to Frisco!

TransAmBison
01-04-2022, 06:41 PM
This is the way

If I'm not white knuckled and scared to death about 30 miles into SD it's not a trip to Frisco!You know it. Taking off tonight...should be just in time for white out conditions near the Aberdeen exit.

Kevin
01-04-2022, 06:43 PM
Safe travels everyone. I’ll drink for you.

HerdBot
01-04-2022, 06:45 PM
Only shows 674 fans. I guess it'll be a poor showing :)

I'm showing 1,061

Gully
01-04-2022, 06:56 PM
I'm showing 1,061

Well yes, I'm sure each time you check it there will be more....my post was from earlier.

gavin2126
01-04-2022, 06:58 PM
Safe travels everyone. I’ll drink for you.

More importantly bro, you eat the boneless wings so the rest of us don’t have to.

17>1
01-04-2022, 07:18 PM
This is the way

If I'm not white knuckled and scared to death about 30 miles into SD it's not a trip to Frisco!

Watch out for that stretch by Summitt.....says my dad every time we go through SD, lol

tjbison
01-04-2022, 07:31 PM

everyone should swing by, they are my client and told me there will be a ton of NDSU gear and FCS title gear. (nut not much ice fishing product, haha)

And the Fact NDSU Tweeted out they would have special items? I wonder if all the gear they will have will be Babay size like in Fargo, have these people who order this crap ever seen the average fan, was in there today for the first time in years to buy a new shirt just because all my others are getting worn out. Same shit S, M, L the occasional XL, the Unicorn XXXL and not one XXL Tall or even straight XXXL.

Just piss poor, so will stop trying that again for several more years.

El_Chapo
01-04-2022, 08:59 PM
And the Fact NDSU Tweeted out they would have special items? I wonder if all the gear they will have will be Babay size like in Fargo, have these people who order this crap ever seen the average fan, was in there today for the first time in years to buy a new shirt just because all my others are getting worn out. Same shit S, M, L the occasional XL, the Unicorn XXXL and not one XXL Tall or even straight XXXL.

goto Dunhams in Fergus Falls off I94 in Mall

Fantastic NDSU selection. must had 500 NDSU items
$24.99 NDSU hooded sweatshirts!! www.facebook.com/bisonation1 pics there

fleet farm fergus falls ton of ndsu swag too

17>1
01-04-2022, 09:28 PM
Leaving at 0800 Thursday, picking up a buddy not named TSCF in Sioux Falls. Usual route for us is expected. Topeka that night, Lewisville by Friday, Tulsa after the game Saturday, Omaha on Sunday, home Monday. Makes for a pretty relaxing few days of driving, pretty used to it at this point. Looking forward to seeing the rest of you down there or along the way. Go Bison!

El_Chapo
01-04-2022, 09:35 PM
TAB. you're Nigerian Bison Tattoo friend is on his way to Frisco for his revenge on you.. Just follow this dot on Bison tracker... he'll be cruising by the galapolgo's now.. should make it to Frisco by Friday if his Yacht he's on with THE Nigerian Prince we've all sent money too averages about 1000 miles a day

TransAmBison
01-04-2022, 10:02 PM
TAB. you're Nigerian Bison Tattoo friend is on his way to Frisco for his revenge on you.. Just follow this dot on Bison tracker... he'll be cruising by the galapolgo's now.. should make it to Frisco by Friday if his Yacht he's on with THE Nigerian Prince we've all sent money too averages about 1000 miles a day

I will have to buy him a beer at least.

EC8CH
01-04-2022, 11:06 PM
I've heard tell that Sioux City on the way to Frisco is clear of road construction. I can't hardly believe that.

EC8CH
01-04-2022, 11:21 PM
Watch out for that stretch by Summitt.....says my dad every time we go through SD, lol

That's damn good advice.

CAS4127
01-04-2022, 11:28 PM
goto Dunhams in Fergus Falls off I94 in Mall

Fantastic NDSU selection. must had 500 NDSU items
$24.99 NDSU hooded sweatshirts!! www.facebook.com/bisonation1 (http://www.facebook.com/bisonation1) pics there

fleet farm fergus falls ton of ndsu swag too

Do you get an NDSU discount and Baby Gap?��

BTW, both you and Unbison owe me a drink in Frisco!

westriver bison
01-04-2022, 11:47 PM
For those driving through NE Kansas, we are expecting 1-4” of snow Wednesday night and Thursday. Be careful on 75, many Kansas residents aren’t experienced driving on that. Some will go 80 on ice and others will drive 25 if they think it might snow. We moved here a few years ago, it’s an adventure in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison03
01-05-2022, 12:42 AM
Saw on Facebook that the “Welcome to Texas” sign at the border is being repaired and lying in the ditch. Or maybe they took it down knowing the damn Bison fans with their flags are coming!

Comfortably Numb Bison
01-05-2022, 01:01 AM
Anyone traveling I29 between Fargo and Watertown tonight? From the post just above I’m thinking we should hit the road but not sure if the Sisseton valley is plugged

NDSU1980
01-05-2022, 01:08 AM
Anyone traveling I29 between Fargo and Watertown tonight? From the post just above I’m thinking we should hit the road but not sure if the Sisseton valley is plugged

Well my sister in Aberdeen says it's snowing heavy there and it's moving east straight across Summit. Radar certainly shows Sisseton Valley getting a fair amount but probably not enough to plug, but I'd sure worry about low visibility and slippery.

I've made the trip to the in laws by Marshall, MN often enough to know it's a tough area there. IMO

Comfortably Numb Bison
01-05-2022, 01:15 AM
Well my sister in Aberdeen says it's snowing heavy there and it's moving east straight across Summit. Radar certainly shows Sisseton Valley getting a fair amount but probably not enough to plug, but I'd sure worry about low visibility and slippery.

I've made the trip to the in laws by Marshall, MN often enough to know it's a tough area there. IMO

Well call us crazy but I think we are going for it. The last part of our party just got off work. So we are out of here. Will keep everyone else posted. FRISCO or Bust

Gully
01-05-2022, 01:26 AM
Well call us crazy but I think we are going for it. The last part of our party just got off work. So we are out of here. Will keep everyone else posted. FRISCO or Bust

Safe travels!

FredAhhh10
01-05-2022, 02:36 AM
Made it to Dallas with the whole family this year. Kids very first bison nation migration is complete! Now to find an excuse to sneak away to TEs.

El_Chapo
01-05-2022, 03:19 AM
If I have a Bar event lined up that has former ndsu nfl guys up on stage Friday. can you old farts stay up until 1am. then get back up at 7am and tailgate??? I'm genuinely concerned..

and Tony shell out $2000 & Bisonville can be the major sponsor

TransAmBison
01-05-2022, 04:25 AM
Made it to Council Bluffs. White out conditions from ND border to near Sioux Falls. Luckily Tatanka is a beast vehicle the wheel. Safe travels everyone.

Twentysix
01-05-2022, 04:51 AM

Those bastards dont normally have even a sticker or a hat with ndsu on it. Ive gone and asked several times.

Twentysix
01-05-2022, 04:52 AM
We got our 3 SRO tickets, so now we're in the building!! (Who needs a seat, we stand a bunch anyway!) We'll see you all out and about!

I think there will be open seats. You will probably be able to sit a little ways into the game.

Swaghook
01-05-2022, 11:25 AM
We are behind TAB and ahead of comfortablely numb. Roads get better past Brookings

Gully
01-05-2022, 11:50 AM
The most important question I have is where is Road at the moment?

TransAmBison
01-05-2022, 12:08 PM

Shoot! We forgot to pick him up!

Mr Meaty
01-05-2022, 12:45 PM
Safe travels everyone. I will not be able to attend this year. Be Loud and Proud. Go Bison...

El_Chapo
01-05-2022, 01:02 PM
Safe travels everyone. I will not be able to attend this year. Be Loud and Proud. Go Bison...

you listened to the UND doctors at Sanford???

Inforum:
If you are unvaccinated, do not go to Frisco. That's the message from one of Sanford Health's top doctors ahead of the Bison championship football game against Montana State.

well I got a room, ticket & flight for someone I guess

Mr Meaty
01-05-2022, 01:26 PM
you listened to the UND doctors at Sanford???

Inforum:
If you are unvaccinated, do not go to Frisco. That's the message from one of Sanford Health's top doctors ahead of the Bison championship football game against Montana State.

well I got a room, ticket & flight for someone I guess

I am un vaxed but that is not why I am not going. Work has gotten in the way this year at the last minute. I even had the 3 days in reserve to go but life got in the way. Tip the gals at Tight Ends well.

El_Chapo
01-05-2022, 01:35 PM
Meaty.... me & unbisons hotel is crawling distance to Tight Ends... our $500 will cover your absence....

the girls there ...as Scotty Miller would say ..are MY OH MY...

Mr Meaty
01-05-2022, 01:40 PM
I stayed at Sandman last time down and that was a nice location to Tight Ends.

roadwarrior
01-05-2022, 01:45 PM

Fort Lauderdale. Flight to DFW this afternoon.

gavin2126
01-05-2022, 01:49 PM
Left yesterday afternoon, drove through the night. Brother and I took turns sleeping while the other drove. Pulled in about an hour ago.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-05-2022, 01:56 PM
Leaving at 4:30 tomorrow morning (I got the longest drive). Picking one up in Summit, Brookings, and Norman, Oklahoma. Hopefully get to Winstar before 10 so I can clean that place out at the blackjack table!

scottietohottie
01-05-2022, 02:06 PM
Leaving at 4:30 tomorrow morning (I got the longest drive). Picking one up in Summit, Brookings, and Norman, Oklahoma. Hopefully get to Winstar before 10 so I can clean that place out at the blackjack table!

There will be hot chick's now! Ashley is going!!!!! So cool to see hot chick's follow Bison football.

scottietohottie
01-05-2022, 02:15 PM
me & unbisons hotel is going to smell like smelly man sex...

Did he bring his bandana bro? You can take a pill to prevent hiv now bro.

mtoutfitter
01-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Did he bring his bandana bro? You can take a pill to prevent hiv now bro.

I imagine it's the standard lineup with Lakes catching and the other fella pitching.

THEsocalledfan
01-05-2022, 02:37 PM
Road trip begins tomorrow evening for me......stopping in Nebraska City, in to Frisco Friday afternoon!

NDSU1980
01-05-2022, 02:48 PM
There will be hot chick's now! Ashley is going!!!!! So cool to see hot chick's follow Bison football.

LOL. He ain't a hot chick, trust me.

NDSU1980
01-05-2022, 02:51 PM

Safe travels to you and everyone else. Keep us posted and best of luck

sage
01-05-2022, 03:05 PM
Please everyone have a safe trip. I thank you for the time you commit to the Bison program. Have fun and bring home and cheer on another Bison Championship.

Bison03
01-05-2022, 03:15 PM
So for those that have already rolled into Frisco; are they hugging you as you walk into the bars and restaurants when you walk in?! Its been a long couple of years for these businesses, and they are probably pretty excited to see the NDSU faithful ready to spend lots of money! Tip well as always my friends, they deserve it.

KSBisonFan
01-05-2022, 03:20 PM
I only have a 7 hour drive so leaving Friday morning. Kansas is supposed to get some snow flurries later today and overnight, but the temperature has dropped so there shouldn't be an ice issue. Travel safely everyone.

Comfortably Numb Bison
01-05-2022, 04:30 PM

I’ve seen pictures of Fargo this morning, glad we left early! As others have said Fargo to Watertown was nasty! Took 3 hours to reach Watertown. Took turns driving thru the night, currently 70 miles from Texas border.

NDSU92
01-05-2022, 04:37 PM
So for those that have already rolled into Frisco; are they hugging you as you walk into the bars and restaurants when you walk in?! Its been a long couple of years for these businesses, and they are probably pretty excited to see the NDSU faithful ready to spend lots of money! Tip well as always my friends, they deserve it.

Been wearing NDSU gear down here for about 2 weeks straight. Been getting comments from pretty much every retail or service interaction. Even rando's at grocery stores. Pretty fun!

THEsocalledfan
01-05-2022, 04:39 PM
No obligatory pictures of the Bison flag on the Texas sign? Are we getting soft?

17>1
01-05-2022, 04:40 PM
No obligatory pictures of the Bison flag on the Texas sign? Are we getting soft?

Thought I heard maybe the sign was down right now?? Or "Texas Sign Bison Flag Hang fatigue"?

Bison03
01-05-2022, 05:17 PM
Thought I heard maybe the sign was down right now?? Or "Texas Sign Bison Flag Hang fatigue"?
Ok, someone accept this challenge, detour to a Home Depot and get some rebar, wood, anything. Need those flags up! Lol

Honeybooboo
01-05-2022, 05:30 PM
At Hector, flight looks on time!

MNLonghorn10
01-05-2022, 05:44 PM
This weather is beyond stupid

Gully
01-05-2022, 05:47 PM
paging Roadwarrior.............?

roadwarrior
01-05-2022, 05:48 PM
paging Roadwarrior.............?

Yes? Waiting to board my flight in Fort Lauderdale.

Gully
01-05-2022, 06:19 PM

Oh, good! Just making sure you were making it. :)

Safe travels.

TAILG8R
01-05-2022, 06:36 PM

I assume you already know how long the drive is from there in case you have to make a last minute decision.

56BISON73
01-05-2022, 07:18 PM
Been wearing NDSU gear down here for about 2 weeks straight. Been getting comments from pretty much every retail or service interaction. Even rando's at grocery stores. Pretty fun!

Had random people come up and talk to us at Pappadeauxs last night. They love to talk football down here. Had random people thanking us for coming down.

Oh the food was great. Tonight we try Lawrys.

westriver bison
01-05-2022, 08:45 PM
WINTER WEATHER ALERTS

National Weather Service, Topeka

.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM CST
THURSDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
NOON CST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, snow expected. Total
snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches. For the Wind Chill
Advisory, very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills 15 to 20
degrees below zero.

* WHERE...Portions of central and north central Kansas.

* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 4 AM CST
Thursday. For the Wind Chill Advisory, from midnight tonight
to noon CST Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. The
cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as
little as 30 minutes.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a
hat, and gloves.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

DCinOK
01-06-2022, 12:45 AM
Does Hutchins BBQ in Frisco still have the all you can eat buffet?

NDSUBowler
01-06-2022, 01:28 AM
Driving overnight to Frisco

Nd was blowing but roads fine. Get a few miles into SD and some drifting into both lanes so be careful.

tjamz
01-06-2022, 01:50 AM
You know it. Taking off tonight...should be just in time for white out conditions near the Aberdeen exit.

Beware of Kansas skunkapes!

Honeybooboo
01-06-2022, 02:13 AM
In Plano at Flemmings unwinding, nice and peaceful here right now

TransAmBison
01-06-2022, 02:55 AM
Beware of Kansas skunkapes!
We saw many a den...luckily we went through the daytime hours.

Bison03
01-06-2022, 04:01 AM
I know this is the 9th time and we have seen everything, but the lack of photos so far is disturbing! Haha!

cx500d
01-06-2022, 04:03 AM
Had random people come up and talk to us at Pappadeauxs last night. They love to talk football down here. Had random people thanking us for coming down.

Oh the food was great. Tonight we try Lawrys.
Lawry’s is nice, but I always thought it was weird that they had the same Lawry’s seasoned salt bottles you would buy at a grocery store at the tables instead of in some nice or fancy container. That cheapness took away from the ambiance for such a fairly expensive place. I wonder if Morton’s has the big paper cylinders of Morton’s salt on each table….

56BISON73
01-06-2022, 04:07 AM
Lawry’s is nice, but I always thought it was weird that they had the same Lawry’s seasoned salt bottles you would buy at a grocery store at the tables instead of in some nice or fancy container. That cheapness took away from the ambiance for such a fairly expensive place. I wonder if Morton’s has the big paper cylinders of Morton’s salt on each table….

The place is nice but really wasnt knocked out by the food. Especially at those prices. Glad I did it once. No need to go back unless the steaks are better.

I also thought the Lawrys seasoned salt on the table was weird.

GreenfieldBison
01-06-2022, 04:07 AM

Morton’s in Chicago? No. No they don’t.

56BISON73
01-06-2022, 04:10 AM

How about Mortons in Dallas?????:D

cx500d
01-06-2022, 04:14 AM

Yeah, I was kind of joking given I don’t think the two Morton’s are affiliated….unlike Lawry’s…

cx500d
01-06-2022, 04:15 AM
The place is nice but really wasnt knocked out by the food. Especially at those prices. Glad I did it once. No need to go back unless the steaks are better.

I also thought the Lawrys seasoned salt on the table was weird.

You didn’t get the roast beast?

56BISON73
01-06-2022, 04:17 AM
You didn’t get the roast beast?

Prime rib. Seriously-------Ive had better at our fav restaurant over where we live.

cx500d
01-06-2022, 04:23 AM
Prime rib. Seriously-------Ive had better at our fav restaurant over where we live.

Prime rib…yeah, that’s what I meant. Yeah it’s pricey…. I’ve only been there for events that were paid by some organization, thought it was not worth my own $$$$

EC8CH
01-06-2022, 04:36 AM
Their salad is also part of the experience. I've been to the one in Chicago. I'm not a big prime rib guy in the first place.

cx500d
01-06-2022, 04:38 AM
Their salad is also part of the experience. I've been to the one in Chicago. I'm not a big prime rib guy in the first place.

Salad? You should have ordered a bigger piece of meat then.

EC8CH
01-06-2022, 04:41 AM

I think the Caesar salad just came with it... Been a while.

cx500d
01-06-2022, 04:43 AM
I think the Caesar salad just came with it... Been a while.

Yeah, and you get unlimited trips to the salad bar at Fogo de Chao with your meal too…doesn’t mean you should eat any of it.

56BISON73
01-06-2022, 04:47 AM

Oh there famous spinning salad? OMG I did a good job of not breaking out laughing. So there was some entertainment value.:biggrin:

EC8CH
01-06-2022, 04:49 AM
Oh there famous spinning salad? OMG I did a good job of not breaking out laughing. So there was some entertainment value.:biggrin:

That's it. They spin it.

GreenfieldBison
01-06-2022, 04:54 AM
Yeah, and you get unlimited trips to the salad bar at Fogo de Chao with your meal too…doesn’t mean you should eat any of it.

Salad bar at Fogo de Chao is killer. Really the only reason to go IMHO.

GreenfieldBison
01-06-2022, 04:55 AM
How about Mortons in Dallas?????:D

Never been there.

Swaghook
01-06-2022, 04:58 AM
I know this is the 9th time and we have seen everything, but the lack of photos so far is disturbing! Haha!
Only have food porn to share. Tucker’s Onion Burger.9849

KSBisonFan
01-06-2022, 11:08 AM
WINTER WEATHER ALERTS

National Weather Service, Topeka

.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM CST
THURSDAY...
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
NOON CST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...For the Winter Weather Advisory, snow expected. Total
snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches. For the Wind Chill
Advisory, very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills 15 to 20
degrees below zero.

* WHERE...Portions of central and north central Kansas.

* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 4 AM CST
Thursday. For the Wind Chill Advisory, from midnight tonight
to noon CST Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. The
cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as
little as 30 minutes.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

Use caution while traveling outside. Wear appropriate clothing, a
hat, and gloves.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

Looks like we only got a dusting of snow in the Topeka area. Roads should be OK. The issue is that people don't know how to drive in any winter situations here. Drive safely everyone!

cx500d
01-06-2022, 02:34 PM
Salad bar at Fogo de Chao is killer. Really the only reason to go IMHO.

It is, but it interferes with meat consumption.

TNbison
01-06-2022, 03:40 PM
Schools all got canceled today in West TN(scary weather in the south!) so I'm working the first half and heading home to hang with the kids second half of the day. Gonna be able to get packed up early for the flight out tomorrow. Probably going to Knockouts since it's walking distance to the hotel.

gavin2126
01-06-2022, 03:41 PM
Getting to watch a little of the Bison practice from afar outside our hotel.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220106/ed81d979036e78ea2909e9aa6cec68e2.jpg

NDSU92
01-06-2022, 04:21 PM
Getting to watch a little of the Bison practice from afar outside our hotel.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220106/ed81d979036e78ea2909e9aa6cec68e2.jpg

You don't happen to see a certain 6'5" 210 WR running around by chance? :)

GreenfieldBison
01-06-2022, 05:13 PM
Anybody heard anything from CAS lately or has the AXS app vs professional email system conflagration consumed him?

El_Chapo
01-06-2022, 05:27 PM
MSP airport Beers.. me and unbison

mtoutfitter
01-06-2022, 05:34 PM
MSP airport Beers.. me and unbison

Makes sense, when you're that short you have to be accompanied by an adult to fly.

CAS4127
01-06-2022, 05:35 PM
Anybody heard anything from CAS lately or has the AXS app vs professional email system conflagration consumed him?

Just crossed into OKIE. Got my 4 tickets on AXS, transferred two, but 4 that were transferred to me haven’t shown up, despite emails saying they have been sent to me and waiting for me to accept. They don’t show up in my AXS to accept tho. Tried live chat with AXS, but no response.

Also, SDBison panic-drives at the slightest hint of snow or a little ice. Finally convinced him to go 4x4 High Lock and GTFG!!

GreenfieldBison
01-06-2022, 05:37 PM
Just crossed into OKIE. Got my 4 tickets on AXS, transferred two, but 4 that were transferred to me haven’t shown up, despite emails saying they have been sent to me and waiting for me to accept. They don’t show up in my AXS to accept tho. Tried live chat with AXS, but no response.

Also, SDBison panic-drives at the slightest hint of snow or a little ice. Finally convinced him to go 4x4 High Lock and GTFG!!

Excellent! Soldier on men! Horns Up!!

cx500d
01-06-2022, 06:20 PM
Arrived in DFW , 20 minutes early too!

17>1
01-06-2022, 06:43 PM
Just passed Sioux City. Smooth sailing the whole way so far. And the temp is on the positive side of zero finally.

gavin2126
01-06-2022, 07:21 PM
You don't happen to see a certain 6'5" 210 WR running around by chance? :)Crap I didn't even think to look. Watched for only a couple minutes before we headed out for the day.

TNbison
01-06-2022, 07:37 PM

Did you try resetting your password? I think I saw something on the kitty board about that working for them when they hadn't shown up. Either that or turn it off or back on again, or put it in rice or something.

Bison03
01-06-2022, 11:29 PM
Touchdown!! Slight delay out of Fargo, but here. Ready for a Texas food coma.

El_Chapo
01-06-2022, 11:59 PM
WE HERE BITCHES. unbison already yelled at a guy on flight. we off to a great start!!!

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 12:35 AM
Traveling with 4 of my husband’s sisters, and another flying in from Salt Lake. 1 has been to every game with me. 2 have been to 2 games. The other 2 have never been to a Bison game much less Frisco. When I said we need to take 75 I got trumped by one of the latter. We took 77 instead adding an hour to the drive. Why wouldn’t you ask the person who has driven 8 times?! Left Moorhead at 8am. Still haven’t made Wichita yet. On the bright side roads have been good. The same one dictating our route asked why there aren’t any People in Bison gear on this route! Shoot me now please! Staying in Oklahoma City tonight. Getting to Love airport by 10:15am to get the other sister.

cx500d
01-07-2022, 12:40 AM
You have 4 husbands? Makes sense I guess coming from Utah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 12:45 AM
You have 4 husbands? Makes sense I guess coming from Utah.

I have 1 husband with 5 sisters. Only one sister lives in Utah.

mtoutfitter
01-07-2022, 12:47 AM

You should post pics of the sisters.....:)

Gully
01-07-2022, 12:49 AM
Heading to bed as we need to leave for the airport at 5:30am.....also this way I won't post anymore and get kicked off of BV :)

I suppose it will happen eventually so I should just embrace it.

El_Chapo
01-07-2022, 12:50 AM
Whos at Tight Ends

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 12:51 AM

He has 3 brothers too. Not Utah polygamy. North Dakota farm workers.

cx500d
01-07-2022, 12:54 AM
You should post pics of the sisters.....:)

Yes, let’s see the sisters

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 01:11 AM
Yes, let’s see the sisters

I am one of the younger ones and I am too old to figure out how to post a pic. Still want em?

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 01:13 AM
They are a lot of fun and have livers of steel.

mtoutfitter
01-07-2022, 01:14 AM
I am one of the younger ones and I am too old to figure out how to post a pic. Still want em?

Yes....post away!

GreenfieldBison
01-07-2022, 01:24 AM
They are a lot of fun and have livers of steel.

Best if someone brings at least one spare. (and these days your own transplant team too).

cx500d
01-07-2022, 02:24 AM

Emphatic yes��

El_Chapo
01-07-2022, 03:30 AM
Whos at Tight Ends

just the Former Bison Football players.. & players Dads getting hammered.

good time!!!

Kevin
01-07-2022, 04:09 AM
just the Former Bison Football players.. & players Dads getting hammered.

good time!!!

Any grandmas there bro

El_Chapo
01-07-2022, 06:35 AM
Any grandmas there bro

Luepkes, Wisnkisksi & Colemans...... but Road was already in that

MangyOldBison
01-07-2022, 07:57 AM

Agreed! Don’t they understand that the average Bison fan is bigger than the average opposing team’s players? In fact, our fans could suit up and beat most of our opponents! At least give our players a well deserved break occasionally.

StL Bison Fan
01-07-2022, 09:28 AM
Arrived in Minneapolis airport with enough time to have a drink and relax. They loaded the plane fast enough to take off a little early.
Arrived in DFW early. Stay in Dallas will drive to frisco Friday afternoon after the aquarium. ( corny I know, but I love corals and invertebrates and sea creatures)
I was worried about flights delayed or canceled but this was smooth sailing. Some of our friends did not have this good fortune.

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Weird trip. We are at the rest area just over the Texas border and noBison in site. Last time we saw colors was Sioux Falls.

17>1
01-07-2022, 02:29 PM
Weird trip. We are at the rest area just over the Texas border and noBison in site. Last time we saw colors was Sioux Falls.

Just said the same thing to my copilot, not many Bison fans along the usual route.

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 02:32 PM
And 3 miles out of rest area traffic is at a stand still.

cats2506
01-07-2022, 02:44 PM
Luepkes, Wisnkisksi & Colemans...... but Road was already in that

The Jason Walker Show (Montana sports podcast) was live at Tight Ends, he had Luepkes father on near the end of it, sorry no link, for some reason it isn't on his youtube channel this morning.

cx500d
01-07-2022, 03:14 PM
And 3 miles out of rest area traffic is at a stand still.

Hopefully you stopped at the rest area

EC8CH
01-07-2022, 03:34 PM
Delta 1178 delayed 1 hour

cx500d
01-07-2022, 03:38 PM
Delta 1178 delayed 1 hour

Oh, too bad, all the beer will be gone by the time you get here

EC8CH
01-07-2022, 03:42 PM
Oh, too bad, all the beer will be gone by the time you get here

Should I ask if theyll fill one of the jet fuel tanks will beer instead?

friscobuff
01-07-2022, 03:43 PM
I have 2 - SRO tickets $45 each. Can meet in Frisco and exchange through AXS or do via venmo and the app.

Hansel
01-07-2022, 04:43 PM
STL-DFW flight delayed an hour due to East Coast weather. Killing time by having more beer in the AA lounge

El_Chapo
01-07-2022, 05:14 PM
Hutchin's BBQ .
The Mount Rushmore of Bisonville was here.
TAB, Tatanka, Unbison, Myself.

mtoutfitter
01-07-2022, 05:22 PM
Hutchin's BBQ .

Three classic Granite sculptures and a Sandstone abortion.

BisManBison
01-07-2022, 05:25 PM
Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo
Hutchin's BBQ .

Remind which one of the presidents keeps getting banned from Mount Rushmore?

gavin2126
01-07-2022, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't recommend wild pitch as they advertise as a bison bar. Perhaps tight ends instead

They appear to be slow learners.

TAILG8R
01-07-2022, 05:48 PM

Can't wait until Sunday when their fans call for the NCAA to move the game because Frisco is too pro Bison.

EC8CH
01-07-2022, 06:04 PM

Arkansas might be free is Bison fans if that's what they're looking for.

EC8CH
01-07-2022, 06:12 PM
One lonely Kittie fan at gate to flight out of the cities.

gavin2126
01-07-2022, 06:13 PM
I actually hope they do come to all of our regular hangouts, I'm sure they'd be a lot of fun to have a few drinks with.

EC8CH
01-07-2022, 06:20 PM
I actually hope they do come to all of our regular hangouts, I'm sure they'd be a lot of fun to have a few drinks with.

No doubt. Fellow northerns.

DCinOK
01-07-2022, 06:30 PM
Hutchin's BBQ .

Does Hutchin's still have the All you can eat deal?

gavin2126
01-07-2022, 06:53 PM
No doubt. Fellow northerns.More specifically, not stuck up assholes (most commonly found in Virginia) who think our hangouts are "beneath them."

Hansel
01-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Fair amount of cat fans at the dfw car rental place

PAC Bison
01-07-2022, 08:16 PM
Made it to pick up the sister from Salt Lake. Had some food and drinks. Back to Comfort Suites to drink our own liquor and play cards.

mtoutfitter
01-07-2022, 08:23 PM
Made it to pick up the sister from Salt Lake. Had some food and drinks. Back to Comfort Suites to drink our own liquor and play cards.

Still no pics of the Ladies...?

gavin2126
01-07-2022, 08:23 PM
I don't think he's been out to the bars yet....

Depends on what you call a bison bar really…let’s be honest, there isn’t a bison bar in TX. There are a couple spots in Frisco that the bison visit pretty much once a year and have a Bison neon light but other than that, every bar should be mixed with both fan bases this year. Frisco isn’t used to two traveling fan bases…only used to seeing NDSU show up.

Bison03
01-07-2022, 08:41 PM
Lots of Cats fans out and about at the bars. Good amount currently at Top Golf

TAILG8R
01-07-2022, 08:43 PM
Lots of Cats fans out and about at the bars. Good amount currently at Top Golf

Good. The years when the opposing fans actually showed up and weren't afraid to mingle were the best. The second SHSU game was actually one of my favorites when it came to opposing fans.

friscobuff
01-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Cat's fans are at all your hangouts. There will be more once all the flights get in (hopefully). And you've all been great. A lot of good conversations with the Dakotans. Both Montana and North Dakota have great people. Going to be a great weekend. Everyone has to lose a natty sometime...

TAILG8R
01-07-2022, 09:11 PM
Cat's fans are at all your hangouts. There will be more once all the flights get in (hopefully). And you've all been great. A lot of good conversations with the Dakotans. Both Montana and North Dakota have great people. Going to be a great weekend. Everyone has to lose a natty sometime...

We got ours out of the way a few decades ago.

gavin2126
01-07-2022, 09:28 PM
Went and got a haircut and a shave at Floyds Barbershop in Frisco. Cool place, lots of posters from rock concerts, Rolling Stone covers, etc. on the walls and they play rock music.

Thunderstruck plays during the shave! [emoji869]

Bison Bridge Guy
01-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Flew out of MSP thus morning and arrived about 9:30 with my 11 year old daughter. Went downtown and had lunch at Pecan Lodge, went to the aquarium and Dealy plaza/JFK museum. Pretty good day! Pecan Lodge was outstanding, best pulled pork i've had.

KSBisonFan
01-08-2022, 12:09 AM
Ran into a few bobcat fans at the hotel. Good people. Gonna be a fun weekend.

TransAmBison
01-08-2022, 12:11 AM
At the Green Gator. Almost all Bobcat fans here...servers and bartenders in Bison gear. Having a blast with them all. Alabama came on and the place erupted.

Professor Chaos
01-08-2022, 02:15 AM
Bottle Rockets at the Legacy Shoppes (by Scruffie Duffies). Its legit.. and they're a Team Maker!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220108/ff1decbaf052cff246742caf8498a13f.jpg

cx500d
01-08-2022, 02:27 AM
Flew out of MSP thus morning and arrived about 9:30 with my 11 year old daughter. Went downtown and had lunch at Pecan Lodge, went to the aquarium and Dealy plaza/JFK museum. Pretty good day! Pecan Lodge was outstanding, best pulled pork i've had.

Wtf? Pulled pork? This ain’t the Carolinas…

El_Chapo
01-08-2022, 02:37 AM
Watson & Gonnella playing is the word on the street?

bison22
01-08-2022, 02:45 AM

Yup!!

https://www.kvrr.com/2022/01/07/ndsus-watson-gonnella-to-play-in-fcs-championship-saturday-01/

TAILG8R
01-08-2022, 02:46 AM
Watson & Gonnella playing is the word on the street?It's the word right from coach's mouth this afternoon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gavin2126
01-08-2022, 03:03 AM
Apparently Bobcat fans are at a place called the Drunken Donkey. On our way to go say hi.

NDSUBowler
01-08-2022, 03:04 AM
Hutchin's BBQ .

They got rid of the all you can eat. Supremely disappointing.

NDSUBowler
01-08-2022, 03:05 AM
Apparently Bobcat fans are at a place called the Drunken Donkey. On our way to go say hi.

Oh snap that's next door. Heading over now

gavin2126
01-08-2022, 03:32 AM
Oh snap that's next door. Heading over nowSmall place, but nice vibe here.

EC8CH
01-08-2022, 03:44 AM

Never herd of it.

EC8CH
01-08-2022, 09:24 AM

Must have learned thats not a good business Decision when the Bison come to town.

Herd
01-08-2022, 01:09 PM

Is the Bus fueled up and playing today? He’s my dark horse for a big play today.

GreenfieldBison
01-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Is the Bus fueled up and playing today? He’s my dark horse for a big play today.

You better find a new horse.

Hansel
01-08-2022, 08:47 PM
3:1 NDSU fans today?

EC8CH
01-08-2022, 08:51 PM
This post from a pisser in Frisco.

gavin2126
01-09-2022, 02:00 AM
Ate at Saltgrass Steakhouse in The Colony. The 21 oz. bone in ribeye was excellent.

El_Chapo
01-09-2022, 02:17 AM
moxies grill at Sandman suites by tight ends had amazing filet...wow

Kevin
01-09-2022, 02:20 AM
Ate at Saltgrass Steakhouse in The Colony. The 21 oz. bone in ribeye was excellent.

Salt grass was always the silver lining when work would send me down there.

TransAmBison
01-09-2022, 04:18 AM
Back in Topeka for the night. Having a couple beers and catching up on Bisonville...feels like old times.

mtoutfitter
01-09-2022, 04:40 AM
Back in Topeka for the night. Having a couple beers and catching up on Bisonville...feels like old times.

Safe travels T Man

sage
01-09-2022, 12:54 PM
Have a safe trip everyone.

56BISON73
01-10-2022, 04:46 AM
Made it home after a 16 hour drive. Anybody else stop at Buccees north of Dallas. Best convenience store gas station Ive been to.

https://i.imgur.com/6R2Ghy9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/19kRCUU.jpg

Bison03
01-10-2022, 05:28 AM
Back home to a frigid Fargo. Hell of a trip

EC8CH
01-10-2022, 05:31 AM
Wheels down Minneapolis. Now a 4 hour drive.

Ndsu84
01-10-2022, 05:46 AM
Had a great trip. Made it to Half Shell for lunch. Great as always. Bob’s Chop House for supper was amazing! Patty’s Manhattan, fantastic apps, and a steak done to perfection!

We had a chance to talk with some players, their families and coaches before the game. Seriously good people. Couldn’t be more proud of the Bison.

Had a great visit with a dozen or so Montana State fans after the game. They were great and very impressed with our team. One thought that most of the Bison fans cheered for their #15 being named defensive player. He said that showed how classy the Bison are, but if we hadn’t won so much, maybe we wouldn’t be quite so generous.

A Montana girl sitting with us said she worked in Nashville with a nurse from ND and texted her that she was going to ask if anyone in the bar knew her. The nurse was our neighbor.

I got so many hugs and high fives from people I don’t know, I figure I should quarantine. :)

EC8CH
01-10-2022, 05:49 AM
Deplaning behind a rather large lady. Walking up the cold jetway, steam gently wafted from her ample backside in the frigid winter air.

I drive now.

EC8CH
01-10-2022, 09:51 AM
Deplaning behind a rather large lady. Walking up the cold jetway, steam gently wafted from her ample backside in the frigid winter air.

I drive now.

Blessed slumber. Take me into your warm embrace.

MangyOldBison
01-10-2022, 10:29 AM
Had a great trip. Made it to Half Shell for lunch. Great as always. Bob’s Chop House for supper was amazing! Patty’s Manhattan, fantastic apps, and a steak done to perfection!

We had a chance to talk with some players, their families and coaches before the game. Seriously good people. Couldn’t be more proud of the Bison.

Had a great visit with a dozen or so Montana State fans after the game. They were great and very impressed with our team. One thought that most of the Bison fans cheered for their #15 being named defensive player. He said that showed how classy the Bison are, but if we hadn’t won so much, maybe we wouldn’t be quite so generous.

A Montana girl sitting with us said she worked in Nashville with a nurse from ND and texted her that she was going to ask if anyone in the bar knew her. The nurse was our neighbor.

I got so many hugs and high fives from people I don’t know,

I figure I should quarantine. :)

Nice! A great report!

MangyOldBison
01-10-2022, 10:31 AM

A heartwarming old Ward Dunkirk rendition comes to mind!

MangyOldBison
01-10-2022, 10:33 AM

Excellent!

MangyOldBison
01-10-2022, 10:36 AM
Went and got a haircut and a shave at Floyds Barbershop in Frisco. Cool place, lots of posters from rock concerts, Rolling Stone covers, etc. on the walls and they play rock music.

Thunderstruck plays during the shave! [emoji869]

Did you get your golf on?

GCWaters
01-10-2022, 12:10 PM
Made it home after a 16 hour drive. Anybody else stop at Buccees north of Dallas. Best convenience store gas station Ive been to.

https://i.imgur.com/6R2Ghy9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/19kRCUU.jpg

Buccees is legendary among my Texas friends…

southcliffbison
01-10-2022, 12:24 PM
OK......gotta ask.....what's so neat about Bucc ees ?

NDSU92
01-10-2022, 01:04 PM
OK......gotta ask.....what's so neat about Bucc ees ?

Take 56's photos of the gas pumps and apply that to everything about the best truck stop you've been to. Everything is more and nicer. It's like the Scheels of gas stations.

Employees are super friendly, everything is meticulously clean, a bunch of their own-branded snacks that are miles better than the national brands.

I don't have one close to me, but if I did I would never think about going to another gas station.

scottietohottie
01-10-2022, 01:08 PM
You guys have obviously never been to Ladots.

mtoutfitter
01-10-2022, 02:37 PM
You guys have obviously never been to Ladots.

Sounds like a French Canadian Turtle Mountain chain....:D

gavin2126
01-10-2022, 02:42 PM
Did you get your golf on?We did. Went to the Tour 18 course on Wednesday.....thank you to both you and Stary for recommending it as I otherwise wouldn't have looked outside the Frisco area!

In spite of the fact we both played poor because it's been over a month since swinging a club, my brother and I really enjoyed it. I actually stopped keeping score the last few holes lol. The course was in pretty good shape, and the greens were in excellent shape. The island green from Sawgrass and Amen Corner from the Masters were truly awesome. But that's probably because they were the only holes I really recognized.

If we drive again next year we'll be teeing that one up again.

56BISON73
01-10-2022, 08:12 PM
Take 56's photos of the gas pumps and apply that to everything about the best truck stop you've been to. Everything is more and nicer. It's like the Scheels of gas stations.

Employees are super friendly, everything is meticulously clean, a bunch of their own-branded snacks that are miles better than the national brands.

I don't have one close to me, but if I did I would never think about going to another gas station.

Exactly. Lots of employees doing employee stuff and smiling. Breakfast food was great served by a very smiling employee. A WhOLE freaking wall of different kinds of jerky. A whole section of cabinets just for different kinds of hot sauce. Fun place.

MangyOldBison
01-11-2022, 06:46 PM
We did. Went to the Tour 18 course on Wednesday.....thank you to both you and Stary for recommending it as I otherwise wouldn't have looked outside the Frisco area!

In spite of the fact we both played poor because it's been over a month since swinging a club, my brother and I really enjoyed it. I actually stopped keeping score the last few holes lol. The course was in pretty good shape, and the greens were in excellent shape. The island green from Sawgrass and Amen Corner from the Masters were truly awesome. But that's probably because they were the only holes I really recognized.

If we drive again next year we'll be teeing that one up again.

Great to hear! Parring Amen Corner from the tips remains elusive! Sounds like you made the best of your trip! Hear hear!!

El_Chapo
01-12-2022, 01:56 AM
TAB did you pee on Coughlin stadium in Brookings as is per tradition

TransAmBison
01-12-2022, 02:48 AM
TAB did you pee on Coughlin stadium in Brookings as is per tradition

All I can say is the place smells like piss.

El_Chapo
01-12-2022, 03:27 AM
pissing excellence °

tjamz
01-12-2022, 04:24 AM
You guys have obviously never been to Ladots.Simply the finest convenience store to be located on the corner of Hospital Road and US Highway 281!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
11-18-2023, 03:11 PM
Do the Frisco Bar owners know yet ??