El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 07:48 PM
10 straight runs then a TD pass. my god.God.. this Bama -14 is looking good

Gully
12-31-2021, 07:49 PM
big boy or neck roll?

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 07:50 PM
Anyone else envisioning Tyler Roehl sitting on his couch watching this saying to himself in-between sips of a budweiser..... "hmmmm this gives me an idea!"

bajadanny
12-31-2021, 08:01 PM
Anyone else envisioning Tyler Roehl sitting on his couch watching this saying to himself in-between sips of a budweiser..... "hmmmm this gives me an idea!"

Cinci back at em need to score f Alabama

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 08:08 PM
7-3. Bama defense stiffened up

Strommer10
12-31-2021, 08:23 PM

Well if Roehl is getting 6 yards per rush against Montana State, I'd hope he keeps running the ball like Bama is doing.

bajadanny
12-31-2021, 08:34 PM

Cinc holds 3 y out for the tide

bajadanny
12-31-2021, 08:56 PM
Cinc holds 3 y out for the tide

Cinci holds again time to tie this thing up

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 09:08 PM
Well if Roehl is getting 6 yards per rush against Montana State, I'd hope he keeps running the ball like Bama is doing.

oh I'm not ripping on it. I fully expect NDSU to come out like that.

TD BAMA. 17- 3

Gully
12-31-2021, 09:37 PM
If I didn't look at the score, I'd think Alabama was up by 24 or 27 at the half.

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 09:56 PM
If I didn't look at the score, I'd think Alabama was up by 24 or 27 at the half.

exactly... well. 17-6 & Cincinnati gets the ball.

I feel if Bama holds them here then the enslaught starts

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 10:39 PM
can Bama run this clock out??

Kevin
12-31-2021, 10:41 PM
Bama is the ndsu of the fbs.

Big Bird
12-31-2021, 10:47 PM
Fickell and the offensive coaching staff should be embarrassed. Just awful play calling all day and they've been late getting the call in numerous times, putting Ridder and the offense in shitty positions.

That last fourth down call was absolutely beyond moronic. The offensive line hasn't been able to hold up all day and they call a super slow developing play and it gets absolutely blown up before Ridder evens gets a chance to get his eyes to the LOS and beyond.

When there is a talent disparity, like pretty much any team vs Alabama, you have to execute so well in every phase to win. While the secondary and pass rush have come through, the run defense and offensive line have been bad, and the coaching has been atrocious.

I'm not a huge Ridder guy, but he's been put in an impossible position with a shitty gameplan and its going exactly as I feared. Cincy belonged in this game, thanks to their defense, but the in game coaching has held the offense back tremendously.

EC8CH
12-31-2021, 10:50 PM
Bama is the ndsu of the fbs.

NDSU lite.

Kevin
12-31-2021, 11:08 PM
Fickell and the offensive coaching staff should be embarrassed. Just awful play calling all day and they've been late getting the call in numerous times, putting Ridder and the offense in shitty positions.

That last fourth down call was absolutely beyond moronic. The offensive line hasn't been able to hold up all day and they call a super slow developing play and it gets absolutely blown up before Ridder evens gets a chance to get his eyes to the LOS and beyond.

When there is a talent disparity, like pretty much any team vs Alabama, you have to execute so well in every phase to win. While the secondary and pass rush have come through, the run defense and offensive line have been bad, and the coaching has been atrocious.

I'm not a huge Ridder guy, but he's been put in an impossible position with a shitty gameplan and its going exactly as I feared. Cincy belonged in this game, thanks to their defense, but the in game coaching has held the offense back tremendously.

Great opening drive then crickets.

I knew when they dropped that td that was a bit high that it was all over.

Kevin
12-31-2021, 11:09 PM
Also let’s go Michigan!

scottietohottie
12-31-2021, 11:12 PM
Also let’s go Michigan!

Double down

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 11:14 PM
ok won that bet

Now ALL in on Michigan +7.5

I hope this game is won in last seconds!!

(I was watching on strameast...the chat said Bama is the NDSU of the FBS and 4-5 people chimed in how great NDSU is and why couldn't they be in Cincinnatis spot!"

Kevin
12-31-2021, 11:16 PM
ok won that bet

Now ALL in on Michigan +7.5

I hope this game is won in last seconds!!

(I was watching on strameast...the chat said Bama is the NDSU of the FBS and 4-5 people chimed in how great NDSU is and why couldn't they be in Cincinnatis spot!"

How many of those 4-5 people were u tho

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 11:44 PM
I said INVITE NDSU & come get your asses kicked

Mich Georgia gonna be a shootout? G is driving 1st drive

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 11:51 PM
well I gave up my 7 points that vegas gave me already.

thought Michigan would be tough on defense... weaksauce

IzzyFlexion
12-31-2021, 11:52 PM
Also let’s go Michigan!

Ann Arbor is a whore.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2022, 12:18 AM

I'm not a huge Ridder guy, but he's been put in an impossible position with a shitty gameplan and its going exactly as I feared. Cincy belonged in this game, thanks to their defense, but the in game coaching has held the offense back tremendously.Their only chance was to air it out. AL corners are their "weak" link.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
01-01-2022, 12:20 AM
Playoffs?

https://youtu.be/Y5gvMYd4E9c

TAILG8R
01-01-2022, 12:59 AM
I don't think Chapo is getting his Michigan +7.5.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TAILG8R
01-01-2022, 01:03 AM
I know things change over time but I hope NDSU never does one of those stupid "turnover things". Like turnover chains or the ugly ass spiked shoulder pads.

Also that was an illegal touch by Georgia on that int.

Kevin
01-01-2022, 01:04 AM
I’m so sick of the sec

Going to be so much worse when they add Texas and homa

Hammerhead
01-01-2022, 01:07 AM
I don't think Chapo is getting his Michigan +7.5.

He’ll be taking the family to Arby’s instead of Applebee’s.

TAILG8R
01-01-2022, 01:08 AM
He’ll be taking the family to Arby’s instead of Applebee’s.5 for 5!!!

IndyBison
01-01-2022, 01:26 AM
I know things change over time but I hope NDSU never does one of those stupid "turnover things". Like turnover chains or the ugly ass spiked shoulder pads.

Also that was an illegal touch by Georgia on that int.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkAll B players are eligible and stay eligible if they go out of bounds during the down. It's not possible for B to commit illegal touching.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 01:32 AM
boatraced.. #BigTenSoft

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 01:34 AM
He’ll be taking the family to Arby’s instead of Applebee’s.

oh man, I cashed out my sports bet account in like October and haven't won shit since.. almost like they have a button back there

bisoneer
01-01-2022, 04:23 AM
Dont get any ideas about moving up to P5 or G5. Bama 27-6 vs Cinnci. Georgia vs. Michigan Wolverines, 34-11... The Central Michgan bowl game today vs Wash . St. had pathetic attendance with camera person carrying the lense as low as the ground would allow, this could be a future Bison venue?? Dont mess with success in a SMALL MARKET. Minn. Twins, KC Royals, Brewers are MLB small markets and no celebrations there. Just saying........... be cautious about what you are asking for.........I would support Mountain West Conference with some sort of mid FBS FCS division playoff setup, plus in that conference we get a trip to Hawaii for a conference game every other year! Bowl or no bowl!

BigHorns
01-01-2022, 05:23 AM
Dont get any ideas about moving up to P5 or G5. Bama 27-6 vs Cinnci. Georgia vs. Michigan Wolverines, 34-11... The Central Michgan bowl game today vs Wash . St. had pathetic attendance with camera person carrying the lense as low as the ground would allow, this could be a future Bison venue?? Dont mess with success in a SMALL MARKET. Minn. Twins, KC Royals, Brewers are MLB small markets and no celebrations there. Just saying........... be cautious about what you are asking for.........I would support Mountain West Conference with some sort of mid FBS FCS division playoff setup, plus in that conference we get a trip to Hawaii for a conference game every other year! Bowl or no bowl!

Well said overall.

MWC would be a clear win and a step up. Would love to see that. MAC would be a wash at best, with some good and bad until we can move on. And the clusterf@@@ that is CUSA would be a disaster in multiple ways.

We can't compete with Bama and their 200 million budget. Let's go enjoy the hell out of crushing Montana St in Frisco!

daddy daycare
01-01-2022, 01:03 PM
Last 2 posts are perfectly stated.

semobison
01-01-2022, 01:52 PM
Last 2 posts are perfectly stated.

Yep, good to know there are still a few BV posters with some common sense! MWC yes, CUSA or MAC hell no!

Hammerhead
01-01-2022, 01:57 PM
Mpls/St. Paul is the 14th largest media market in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_television_markets.

I don't see any G5 team having a realistic chance at a championship with the current arms race for facilities and programs for student-athletes. I wish there was a way to have 3 subdivisions for football where the the top 1/3 of the FCS is paired with the current G5 conferences.

BigHorns
01-01-2022, 02:42 PM
Mpls/St. Paul is the 14th largest media market in the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_television_markets.

I don't see any G5 team having a realistic chance at a championship with the current arms race for facilities and programs for student-athletes. I wish there was a way to have 3 subdivisions for football where the the top 1/3 of the FCS is paired with the current G5 conferences.

I could see this happening some day, but it won't be the top 1/3 of FCS, there are not 40 FCS teams that are competitive. As it is the FCS playoffs include too many teams, it should be closer to a 16 team bracket.

If there is a break, I would suspect it would be by conference. MVFC and Big Sky invest more and are more competitive than the rest of FCS.

TAILG8R
01-01-2022, 04:31 PM
All B players are eligible and stay eligible if they go out of bounds during the down. It's not possible for B to commit illegal touching.

Sent from my SM-G975U using TapatalkAh thanks Indy. I had always assumed the defense was under the same rule as the offense when it came to being the first to touch a ball after coming back from out of bounds.

IndyBison
01-01-2022, 04:41 PM
Ah thanks Indy. I had always assumed the defense was under the same rule as the offense when it came to being the first to touch a ball after coming back from out of bounds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkThe idea is the offense gains an advantage by being able to leave the field in running their route but the defense doesn't gain an advantage by being out of bounds to defend the pass.

CAS4127
01-01-2022, 04:44 PM
The idea is the offense gains an advantage by being able to leave the field in running their route but the defense doesn't gain an advantage by being out of bounds to defend the pass.

If O player is forced out, then they are eligible upon reestablishing themselves on field tho, correct?

IndyBison
01-01-2022, 04:46 PM
If O player is forced out, then they are eligible upon reestablishing themselves on field tho, correct?Correct. Only applies if the receiver goes out on his own. If he's forced out (and the threshold for contact is very low) then he's fine as long as he returns immediately. If he touches it before he establishes then it's just an incomplete pass.

SDbison
01-01-2022, 05:24 PM
You can tell mostly empty stadium for Fiesta bowl. The stadium announcers voice echos. LOL
Good discussion on college gameday this morning that with all the distractions, social media, pay, NFL, etc. most college players don't care about the bowl games anymore. Interesting they never suggested the only thing to help fix it would be to make all the middling bowls the first games in a 16 team playoff. The smaller bowls can then clean up the scraps for the remaining participation ribbon games.

td577
01-01-2022, 05:44 PM

I don't see any G5 team having a realistic chance at a championship with the current arms race for facilities and programs for student-athletes. I wish there was a way to have 3 subdivisions for football where the the top 1/3 of the FCS is paired with the current G5 conferences.Yeah, it is disingenuous to keep calling msp a small market. And the Twins are owned by one of the richest families on the planet.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

IndyBison
01-01-2022, 05:52 PM
You can tell mostly empty stadium for Fiesta bowl. The stadium announcers voice echos. LOL
Good discussion on college gameday this morning that with all the distractions, social media, pay, NFL, etc. most college players don't care about the bowl games anymore. Interesting they never suggested the only thing to help fix it would be to make all the middling bowls the first games in a 16 team playoff. The smaller bowls can then clean up the scraps for the remaining participation ribbon games.There is no way a 16 team playoff will use neutral sites for early rounds games and definitely not bowl games. We only see the game itself but bowl games are multi day events in each market especially the top 15-20 bowls that would be used in a 16 team playoff. And teams in the finals will not travel 4 weeks in a row (5 if you include the conference championship games) if they are neutral site games with or without bowls.

When this eventually happens I expect the early rounds to be hosted like every other level of football. And ultimately the bowls disappear or become must less followed than they are today.

NDSU92
01-01-2022, 05:57 PM
There is no way a 16 team playoff will use neutral sites for early rounds games and definitely not bowl games. We only see the game itself but bowl games are multi day events in each market especially the top 15-20 bowls that would be used in a 16 team playoff. And teams in the finals will not travel 4 weeks in a row (5 if you include the conference championship games) if they are neutral site games with or without bowls.

When this eventually happens I expect the early rounds to be hosted like every other level of football. And ultimately the bowls disappear or become must less followed than they are today.

It’s good to see that fans and players are starting to see that bowls are a system that is being forced upon them and it’s all just to make money off their backs. Players don’t get shit and fans pay ridiculous prices for an end season exhibition.

Hopefully people stop showing up and we can have a better system. The problem is the fat cats at the top dont want to share their money grab with anyone. Only way to make it stop is if everyone stops watching and going to the non-playoff bowls.

A top 12 playoff would be epic and if I had to guess would generate more profit than the current set up. Would probably do better than the Elite 8 and up basketball games.

IndyBison
01-01-2022, 06:05 PM
It’s good to see that fans and players are starting to see that bowls are a system that is being forced upon them and it’s all just to make money off their backs. Players don’t get shit and fans pay ridiculous prices for an end season exhibition.

Hopefully people stop showing up and we can have a better system. The problem is the fat cats at the top dont want to share their money grab with anyone. Only way to make it stop is if everyone stops watching and going to the non-playoff bowls.

A top 12 playoff would be epic and if I had to guess would generate more profit than the current set up. Would probably do better than the Elite 8 and up basketball games.I actually love bowl games and seeing different teams I don't normally see or teams that don't normally play each other. Penn State and Arkansas now for example. North Texas and Akron playing in Montgomery is fun for me. If be fine if they kept it as is. But I also love the idea of a 24-team playoff like FCS. I just don't think both can exist at the same time.

There is less interest in bowls by the NFL caliber players and the transfer portal impacts it some. Ultimately I think that will be a key driver in moving from a bowl system to a playoff system.

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 07:58 PM
Iowa up 17 13. but big interference call on ndsu ex commit Riley Moss to keep this game going with 4 min left.

5 new years bowl games today...

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 08:00 PM
Iowa gets an interception

Penn St lost to Arkansas already today. so big ten needs a W

56BISON73
01-01-2022, 08:04 PM

A top 12 playoff would be epic and if I had to guess would generate more profit than the current set up. Would probably do better than the Elite 8 and up basketball games.

So what would be the benefit for NDSU to move up? No Championship playoffs and no lower tier bowl games. But we could say we are REALLY D1 now?

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-01-2022, 08:08 PM
So what would be the benefit for NDSU to move up? No Championship playoffs and no lower tier bowl games. But we could say we are REALLY D1 now?

Money and brand exposure, as well as the opportunity to play better teams

Notice how teams that move up never want to move back down, rather vehemently so

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 08:13 PM
Kentucky goes all the way down.

Kentucky is a state...family guy song singing in my head

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 08:14 PM

Notice how teams that move up never want to move back down, rather vehemently so

except hooplites.... they love fcs

IndyBison
01-01-2022, 08:16 PM

Notice how teams that move up never want to move back down, rather vehemently soIt is largely a regular season move. It could become a postseason move depending on how much fans decide to get behind conference championship games or bowl games (if they exist). I give NDSUa fighting chance to be another Boise State, UCF, Houston type program. If and when it's done I see administration going all in to continue the tradition of success. It won't be national championships but there will be success.

NDSU92
01-01-2022, 08:17 PM

Immediately? The goal would be to win the conference in regular season. Then win conference championship game. Hopefully with one or zero losses. This is all the same as what we’re currently doing, but with much more visibility, more excitement and slightly better competition. (Think about gap between MVFC and Big Sky this year)

Long term, thinking ~20 years, the idea is that there is at least a 12 team playoff, and NDSU is in a conference similar in quality to what the AAC or B12 will be in a couple of years. And that NDSU is consistently competing to either make the playoff or play in a NY6 bowl.

Much, much more preferable than sitting in FCS and hoping that schools spending less than 50% of us suddenly wanting to get into an arms race with us so that there’s competition.

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 08:20 PM
Iowa down 3.... got the ball though.

OSU comes all the way back to lead Notre Dame.. haha

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 08:22 PM
Iowa throws a pick..

haha. Who Hates Iowa???

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-01-2022, 08:29 PM
Hey my mom was a hawkeye so watch it bro. But so much for the hawkeyes I Guess

On the other hand, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s05jcrJw0as

ByeSonBusiness
01-01-2022, 08:34 PM
Iowa throws a pick..

haha. Who Hates Iowa???

No one hates Iowa. Its an also-ran school without any rivalries.

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 08:37 PM
goto FBS BETTER thread boys

WHY IS OSU THROWING & not killing clock.

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 08:44 PM
all OSU needed to do was kneel 3 times and kick FG. but now they fumble. the REAL UND has the ball and 90 yards to score a winning TD. so lucky. and of course the female ref messed up the play (just like in Vikings game sunday)

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 10:16 PM
Ohio St just got screwed losing a guy on helmet hit.

14 7 Utah

EC8CH
01-01-2022, 10:19 PM
Ohio St just got screwed losing a guy on helmet hit.

14 7 Utah

Poor technique. Head was fully lowered. Tough deal but right call.

EC8CH
01-01-2022, 10:34 PM
Rose Bowl shoot out has broken out. 3 TDs in a row.

El_Chapo
01-01-2022, 10:36 PM
28-21 Utah. 4 td in like 2 minutes

this is crazy game

Timp
01-01-2022, 10:41 PM
Rose bowl looks like 6 man ball

EC8CH
01-01-2022, 10:45 PM
Almost another. Knocked out last sec for a fumble and touchback. Crazy.

EC8CH
01-01-2022, 10:55 PM
Ohio State QB looks kinda like Trey Lance in the face with his helmet on.

HerdistheWord
01-02-2022, 12:11 AM
Ohio State QB looks kinda like Trey Lance in the face with his helmet on.

They look more alike than Harry and Carson IMO.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:24 AM
Holy shit. Utah's QB's arms lock rigid after head bounces off turf. Bros brain is not ok.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:35 AM
TD .. Griddy dance... No flag. Must just be illegal in Towsen?

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:41 AM
Walk on QB trying to make a Cinderella story comeback at the Rose Bowl.

Edit: Holy Shit Touch Down!!!!!!

SDbison
01-02-2022, 12:43 AM

Edit: Holy Shit Touch Down!!!!!! Tied up 45 each. Wow!

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:44 AM
Tied up 45 each. Wow!

Gonna be one hell of an ending either way to goes.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:50 AM
Should have let that run into the endzone.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:51 AM
Wtf... Why kick it before running down clock?

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 12:53 AM
Utah shouldve let them score a TD w 45 secs left. dumb mormons

56BISON73
01-02-2022, 12:53 AM
Why would they not try for the TD???? They had the time.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:54 AM
Utah shouldve let them score a TD w 45 secs left. dumb mormons

Yeah really poor clock management there at the end by Utah.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 12:55 AM
Why would they not try for the TD???? They had the time.

No TOs left probably effected the playcalling. Could have ran a pass though, but a sack would have been a killer.

Kevin
01-02-2022, 01:14 AM
Rose bowl was fun. 300 plus yards for a receiver is nuts.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 01:15 AM

Kid is good. Their lance looking baby face QB can drop some dimes too.

KSBisonFan
01-02-2022, 01:28 AM

Meh. Didn't see enough QB power for my liking...

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 01:30 AM
I got Baylor here.
man imagine being on Bourbon St for New Years Eve....then back at noon & party again all day today then tailgating at 5pm at Superdome...

wow.

IndyBison
01-02-2022, 01:31 AM
TD .. Griddy dance... No flag. Must just be illegal in Towsen?
Probably should have been a flag here, but what the D1 guys allow in games like this is different than what anyone would allow at any other level. I've seen a lot of celebrations that would normally be fouls be let go as long as it's not extended or directed toward an opponent.

Edit: Holy Shit Touch Down!!!!!!
So many great stories in these games. That was definitely one of them. A huge memory for him for life.

all OSU needed to do was kneel 3 times and kick FG. but now they fumble. the REAL UND has the ball and 90 yards to score a winning TD. so lucky. and of course the female ref messed up the play (just like in Vikings game sunday)

That's Robin. She's very good. Based on what I've seen here she's forgotten more about football than you'll ever know. I have no idea what play you are talking about because I didn't see the whole game, but I'm going to assume she was dead right if you are the one criticizing her. Now if Gully made the same comment I would tend to believe him because he's been trained well by me.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 01:38 AM
I got Baylor here.
man imagine being on Bourbon St for New Years Eve....then back at noon & party again all day today then tailgating at 5pm at Superdome...

wow.

Ole Miss QB goes down. What kinda voodoo do you do Chapo?

Kevin
01-02-2022, 01:40 AM
I literally just realized this is Baylor not Oregon.

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 01:40 AM
Ole Miss QB goes down. What kinda voodoo do you do Chapo?

hey my friend went to hs at Bloomington Jefferson with Kiffin. there's a story about brass knuckles.. he sucks. go Baylor!!

Kevin
01-02-2022, 01:41 AM
Next time someone asks why kids opt out of bowls remember this game.

56BISON73
01-02-2022, 01:48 AM
Next time someone asks why kids opt out of bowls remember this game.

Then go to a school that doesnt go to bowl games. You are on the team or you arent.

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 01:50 AM
I literally just realized this is Baylor not Oregon.

Touche~~~~

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 01:54 AM
Marcus Williams'd them.

Kevin
01-02-2022, 02:14 AM
Then go to a school that doesnt go to bowl games. You are on the team or you arent.

Well boomed my friend.

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 03:03 AM
Well boomed my friend.

lots of D3 fans in bisonville, why don't they just goto cobberville.com ?

IndyBison
01-02-2022, 03:34 AM
I have told you many times you should NEVER get your rules knowledge from announcers. They don't know they don't know the rules so they say things that are 100% false but fans don't question it. The impact of the timing of the whistle on the UT/Purdue OT play is a great example. There was just another one if you were watching the Sugar Bowl. Baylor had a play where they were supposed to run but the QB and RB were crossed up the. The QB scrambled and threw a pass downfield for a 9-yard gain. The announcers commended the LT who had gone downfield but realized the play was broken and ran back to the LOS to avoid an ineligible downfield foul. They even highlighted it with an overhead view 2 plays later. They were dead wrong. Once you are downfield you can't save yourself by coming back. That was a big miss by the officiating crew and bad rules knowledge by the broadcasting crew.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 03:42 AM
That poor little ole Miss walk on kicker.

56BISON73
01-02-2022, 04:39 AM
lots of D3 fans in bisonville, why don't they just goto cobberville.com ?

If anyone knows D3 its you. Please expound on your exploits at D3 Duluth when you were there. Or were they NAIA at the time? I will hang up and listen.

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 05:16 AM
If anyone knows D3 its you. Please expound on your exploits at D3 Duluth when you were there. Or were they NAIA at the time? I will hang up and listen.

ah no. but you idiots that rag on FBS & BOWLS are the .5% of all college football fans.

56BISON73
01-02-2022, 05:56 AM
ah no. but you idiots that rag on FBS & BOWLS are the .5% of all college football fans.

Not one little story about you and Duluth?????

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 05:57 AM

Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl were interesting but in the end, less meaningful games than an actual playoff. Truth is in the middle. I know I'd miss the drama that builds up as the playoffs go along.

56BISON73
01-02-2022, 06:02 AM
Ouch pretty disgruntled

https://news.yahoo.com/u-fans-kno-nothin-ohio-045822724.html

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 02:06 PM
I know Ike.... let's have a spelling contest

tony
01-02-2022, 02:54 PM
The Rose Bowl as a lot of fun... it was like an AAU basketball game.

1st&TennBison
01-02-2022, 04:34 PM
Ouch pretty disgruntled

https://news.yahoo.com/u-fans-kno-nothin-ohio-045822724.html

Not only that, but a cheap shot at his own program. The guy waits until he is free and clear of any backlash and then unloads. If he felt coaches were a problem then why did he stay with the program. Maybe there is the chance that he is the dumbass and not the fans/coaches.

El_Chapo
01-02-2022, 04:34 PM
The Rose Bowl as a lot of fun... it was like an AAU basketball game.

very true tony°

BigHorns
01-03-2022, 07:59 PM
CFP blowouts make it less likely it will become a true playoff.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/cfp-semifinal-blowouts-arent-helping-playoff-expansion-argument/ar-AASkqvK

I'm thankful FCS has a real playoff system and crowns a true champion.
In FBS the money and egos may prevent it from ever happening. The P5 will never want to give the little guys a chance.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-03-2022, 08:21 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/cfp-semifinal-blowouts-arent-helping-playoff-expansion-argument/ar-AASkqvK

In FBS the money and egos may prevent it from ever happening. The P5 will never want to give the little guys a chance.

One could also make the argument that moving to something beyond than four teams would actually help improve parity, since more would have a shot and recruiting would eventually start to reflect that.

The BCS system was probably better than what they have now, though. A 4-team playoff is a joke and I think expansion is inevitable at this point. If you marry the weight of the SEC with the G5, you might get some leverage. I think we’ll know soon.

NDSU1980
01-03-2022, 08:23 PM

How thankful are you you going to be when a watered down FCS expands to 32 teams?

No_Skill
01-04-2022, 12:33 AM
What's our average margin of victory in the playoffs?

Hammerhead
01-04-2022, 01:03 PM
What's our average margin of victory in the playoffs?

According to a Wikipedia site the average margin of victory, including our losses, the FCS playoffs is just under 20 points with an average score of 32.2 - 12.5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football#Division_I_FCS

tony
01-04-2022, 01:17 PM
According to a Wikipedia site the average margin of victory, including our losses, the FCS playoffs is just under 20 points with an average score of 32.2 - 12.5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Dakota_State_Bison_football#Division_I_FCS

Holy crap, that's some good work on that wiki page! There has been a lot of work done on it recently. I've edited a couple wiki pages and it sucks. If I ever do a Wiki page, I'm definitely writing a program to generate the whole thing like I do with the static Bisonville Fan Guide.

El_Chapo
01-04-2022, 02:16 PM
Man I am Leaning Bama. NDSU & BAMA winning titles will get this Country back to Normal.

ps- everyone load the boat with Kansas State tonight. -7 vs LSU in Houston Bowl and LSU is down to 38 scholarship players and a shitty QB

oldmantutters
01-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Man I am Leaning Bama. NDSU & BAMA winning titles will get this Country back to Normal.

ps- everyone load the boat with Kansas State tonight. -7 vs LSU in Houston Bowl and LSU is down to 38 scholarship players and a shitty QBAnd there it is, the Chapo "lead pipe lock". Money pouring in on the Bayou Bengals.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
01-06-2022, 04:42 PM

ps- everyone load the boat with Kansas State tonight. -7 vs LSU in Houston Bowl and LSU is down to 38 scholarship players and a shitty QBI'm leaning GA. Damn tough to beat a great team twice in one season.

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 12:19 AM
what the hell was that bama???

wait. that's a pass.... reverse it

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 12:28 AM
3-0 Bama. I got them on moneyline

they sure remind me of NDSU don't they?

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 12:34 AM

Walk on QB playing scared.

Kevin
01-11-2022, 01:32 AM
This is a great game for those who love defense.

Or the confederacy.

bajadanny
01-11-2022, 01:54 AM
Walk on QB playing scared.

J V QB not going to cut it looks way out of place out there

89MTBISON
01-11-2022, 02:19 AM
Alabama not the NDSU of the FBS.

HerdThat!
01-11-2022, 02:35 AM
HOLY SHIT!!! guy on a Buffalo wing!

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 02:36 AM
Guy on a Buffalo has gone commercial.

BigHorns
01-11-2022, 02:47 AM
On this drive Georgia is looking more like Bison football than Bama is,

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 02:48 AM
freakin a. Georgia scores a td finally. (on replay the center PULLS the Bama nose guard... total holding not called. boooo)

13-9

cmon bama

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 02:48 AM
freakin a. Georgia scores a td finally

13-9

cmon bama

Ruh Roe Rakes!

ByeSonBusiness
01-11-2022, 02:49 AM
Georgia doesn't run enough. They could have two good drives this half instead of one.

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 02:49 AM
Bama will pound Robinson here

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 02:50 AM
Bama will pound Robinson here

They should.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2022, 02:53 AM
Both have unreal team speed.

ndsubison1
01-11-2022, 02:54 AM
Georgia doesn't run enough. They could have two good drives this half instead of one.

Just need Bennett to not f up and theyll win this. They are stacked at every other position.

56BISON73
01-11-2022, 02:56 AM
Damn these kids play fast.

Kevin
01-11-2022, 02:59 AM
We’d beat both these teams

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 03:08 AM
Just need Bennett to not f up and theyll win this. They are stacked at every other position.

Whoops.......

bajadanny
01-11-2022, 03:08 AM

The guy is terrible small slow weak sad

ndsubison1
01-11-2022, 03:10 AM
And he f'd up.

BigHorns
01-11-2022, 03:20 AM
Bama tackling the receiver before the pass was interesting way to prevent a TD

... wow on the next deep pass they got it anyhow.

IndyBison
01-11-2022, 03:20 AM
Whoops.......That play was a clinic in officiating by the R and L. Both were very tight calls that could be argued either way but the concentration to make both calls is impressive from an officiating standpoint. I'm weird like that.

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 03:28 AM
dammit bama..Bama... gonna have to play defense

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 03:40 AM
haha. Georgia should take that penalty and move the 2 pt to 1.5 yard line and make it a 9
pt game

CalBison97
01-11-2022, 03:44 AM
haha. Georgia should take that penalty and move the 2 pt to 1.5 yard line and make it a 9
pt game

I thought the same thing. Put it away!

BigHorns
01-11-2022, 03:48 AM
Bama throws too much LOL

Kevin
01-11-2022, 03:51 AM
Guess we’re not the bama of fcs.

We don’t lose in title games.

GSUsTALON
01-11-2022, 03:53 AM

with 46 seconds left Saben doesn't look to happy

Bisonguy
01-11-2022, 03:57 AM

The Lakes/Chapo Curse strikes again!

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 03:59 AM
Georgia pussies won't rush the field??

40 years?? lame

Kevin
01-11-2022, 03:59 AM
ECEH8C put some respect on statson barnett’s name.

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 04:02 AM
ECEH8C put some respect on statson barnett’s name.

He fucks.....

56BISON73
01-11-2022, 04:18 AM
Great game. Fun to watch.

Bison Bridge Guy
01-11-2022, 04:22 AM
He fucks.....

But he cries when doing so.

Kevin
01-11-2022, 04:28 AM
If these teams play 10 times I think Georgia wins 6.

Can we go fbs now lakes

El_Chapo
01-11-2022, 04:57 AM
If these teams play 10 times I think Georgia wins 6.

Can we go fbs now lakes

8 team playoff, 1 G5 rep each year. NDSU is that rep in 2025

GSUsTALON
01-11-2022, 06:07 AM

The G5 should have an 8-team playoff system. The 5 conference winners and the best 3 as ranked. the other G5 teams can go to some other BOWL. If a G5 playoffs member gets a better deal because they are in the top 10 with a BIG BOWL that pays better than they can opt opt out of the G5 playoffs and another TOP team can take their place

MNLonghorn10
01-11-2022, 10:38 AM

Just do whatever it takes so we don’t have to watch Cincinnati in it again

NDSU1980
01-11-2022, 01:59 PM
I can't find it now but I thought Tony posted a stat that we were tied for second place with Alabama for the most titles, with Yale being 1. If that was the case we move to 2 by ourselves, but maybe I imagined it too. I've been fighting COVID for 2 weeks so I'm a little fuzzy.

BigHorns
01-11-2022, 03:08 PM
I can't find it now but I thought Tony posted a stat that we were tied for second place with Alabama for the most titles, with Yale being 1. If that was the case we move to 2 by ourselves, but maybe I imagined it too. I've been fighting COVID for 2 weeks so I'm a little fuzzy.

We would be #2 after Yale if you include our D2 football championships now.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-01-12/college-football-teams-most-national-championships

HerdBot
01-11-2022, 03:31 PM

Yale - 18
NDSU - 17
Alabama- 16

Next year we can become the winningest program in the history of college football. And Yale did it with leather helmets

Actually the winningest program in the history of football.

GCWaters
01-11-2022, 06:40 PM
We've gotten spoiled with the pro-level QB...Bennett won't have a shot at the NFL, but it's a great college football story and really embodies what the game can be about...

56BISON73
01-11-2022, 09:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/q8eAWAs.jpg

NDSU1980
01-12-2022, 08:23 PM
I love how Dom Izzo has the und "rubes" as he put it in a complete meltdown over his claim that NDSU would be in the playoff hunt if playoffs were expanded to 12 and we were FBS. Dom did a very good job of calling out the und people in his podcast, laid it out on the line and basically told them to fuck off. Looks like und jealousy is still running rampant. Good job Dom.

TAILG8R
01-12-2022, 08:55 PM
I love how Dom Izzo has the und "rubes" as he put it in a complete meltdown over his claim that NDSU would be in the playoff hunt if playoffs were expanded to 12 and we were FBS. Dom did a very good job of calling out the und people in his podcast, laid it out on the line and basically told them to fuck off. Looks like und jealousy is still running rampant. Good job Dom.

Watched/listened to that as well and thought he did a good job of calling them out. The NDSU hate is so strong(not just by UN_ rubes) that so many people couldn't grasp the concept of his tweet and that it was accurate.

23Bison
01-12-2022, 09:01 PM
Watched/listened to that as well and thought he did a good job of calling them out. The NDSU hate is so strong(not just by UN_ rubes) that so many people couldn't grasp the concept of his tweet and that it was accurate.

^^^^^^^ All of this! He did a good job of saying it in crayon for the UND dorks so they could understand the hypothetical situation.

BigHorns
01-12-2022, 09:23 PM
^^^^^^^ All of this! He did a good job of saying it in crayon for the UND dorks so they could understand the hypothetical situation.

Didn't hear the podcast yet, was he suggesting NDSU as part of MWC? We'd need a killer OOC schedule to get a bid with the MAC. My guess is the G5 slot will go to either MWC or AAC most years. That assumes they can get past the gridlock and expand to 12, and one of those is a G5 slot. Most of the bids will go to P5 conferences.
---
Just listened to it, he is saying if NDSU were to win the MWC conference and have one loss overall, they would be "in the mix" for the G5 slot.
Totally agree with that. I think this would be a much harder thing from any other G5 conference.

TAILG8R
01-12-2022, 09:38 PM
Didn't hear the podcast yet, was he suggesting NDSU as part of MWC? We'd need a killer OOC schedule to get a bid with the MAC. My guess is the G5 slot will go to either MWC or AAC most years. That assumes they can get past the gridlock and expand to 12, and one of those is a G5 slot. Most of the bids will go to P5 conferences.

His basic stance was IF NDSU was in the FBS and IF they had a season where they went 13-1(like this year so however many wins in an FBS season and one loss) and IF the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams and IF one of those was for a G5 then NDSU would absolutely be IN THE MIX for that playoff spot.

So many purposely(imo) misconstrued his tweet to mean that NDSU would be in the playoffs if they were in the FBS.

BigHorns
01-12-2022, 09:54 PM
His basic stance was IF NDSU was in the FBS and IF they had a season where they went 13-1(like this year so however many wins in an FBS season and one loss) and IF the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams and IF one of those was for a G5 than NDSU would absolutely be IN THE MIX for that playoff spot.

So many purposely(imo) misconstrued his tweet to mean that NDSU would be in the playoffs if they were in the FBS.

Yeah, what he said made total sense, though it was partly conditioned on winning the MWC.
MWC, AAC, and maybe occasionally SBC will have a chance. CUSA and MAC teams will get dinged over weak competition.

IndyBison
01-12-2022, 09:55 PM
His basic stance was IF NDSU was in the FBS and IF they had a season where they went 13-1(like this year so however many wins in an FBS season and one loss) and IF the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams and IF one of those was for a G5 than NDSU would absolutely be IN THE MIX for that playoff spot.

So many purposely(imo) misconstrued his tweet to mean that NDSU would be in the playoffs if they were in the FBS.Only if they reserve a spot for the top G5. Most years I'm thinking they will need to be undefeated and beat at least one P5 to get that spot because someone will probably do that. Although it's not as easy as many think it may be. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison have a team that could do it. If they seed them 12th and post at the #5 yeah though that will be a tough game. But it sure would be fun to try!

Bison03
01-12-2022, 10:03 PM
Dom explained himself well and is was exactly right. Unfortunately, the dumb und fans and others heard “NDSU could beat Alabama and Georgia this year.”

TAILG8R
01-12-2022, 10:04 PM
Only if they reserve a spot for the top G5. Most years I'm thinking they will need to be undefeated and beat at least one P5 to get that spot because someone will probably do that. Although it's not as easy as many think it may be. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison have a team that could do it. If they seed them 12th and post at the #5 yeah though that will be a tough game. But it sure would be fun to try!

Dom's stance is that since the Commish for the MWC is on the committee to decide the new playoff format he will absolutely not agree to anything that doesn't give at least one guaranteed spot to a G5

BigHorns
01-12-2022, 10:06 PM
Only if they reserve a spot for the top G5. Most years I'm thinking they will need to be undefeated and beat at least one P5 to get that spot because someone will probably do that. Although it's not as easy as many think it may be. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison have a team that could do it. If they seed them 12th and post at the #5 yeah though that will be a tough game. But it sure would be fun to try!

It will come down to rankings of your opponents and results. The G5 slot will likely go to the highest ranked conference champion outside the P5. Most years that will be MWC or AAC. Beating a "P5" like Arizona won't count nearly as much as beating teams like Cincinatti and Houston. If you can schedule and beat a couple ranked SEC or B10 schools that would certainly help though.

abc123
01-12-2022, 10:09 PM

MWC champion wasn't going to be the top G5 over Cincinatti no matter how much Izzo is wishing it to be true.

NDSU1980
01-12-2022, 10:15 PM
MWC champion wasn't going to be the top G5 over Cincinatti no matter how much Izzo is wishing it to be true.

Thanks for stopping by. Don't you have your own board, you know where you discuss how pathetic un_ football is?

Snowgoose
01-12-2022, 10:23 PM
Dom explained himself well and is was exactly right. Unfortunately, the dumb und fans and others heard “NDSU could beat Alabama and Georgia this year.”

Oh NDSU could completely beat Alabama and Georgia this year. Did you see how big those guys are they have to be really slow. Rumor has it ESPN played the game on videotape delay and slightly sped up each play to make those fat guys look fast.

StL Bison Fan
01-12-2022, 10:34 PM

Reading is very hard. Understanding is very hard.
Maybe he should have mentioned toe to toe and moral victories.

GSUsTALON
01-12-2022, 11:22 PM
His basic stance was IF NDSU was in the FBS and IF they had a season where they went 13-1(like this year so however many wins in an FBS season and one loss) and IF the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams and IF one of those was for a G5 then NDSU would absolutely be IN THE MIX for that playoff spot.

Cincinnati Bearcats football
Football Team- a G5 team
Cincinnati Bearcats football
The Cincinnati Bearcats football program represents the University of Cincinnati in college football. They compete at the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision level as members of the American Athletic Conference, and have played their home games in historic Nippert Stadium since 1924. The Bearcats have an all-time record of over.500, having reached their 600th program victory in 2017. The team has had a bit of a resurgence in the past few years, going 129-62 from 2006 through 2020, along with 13 bowl game appearances, 7 conference titles, four BCS/NY6 Bowl berths, and 27 NFL Draft selections.

TAILG8R
01-13-2022, 01:08 AM
MWC champion wasn't going to be the top G5 over Cincinatti no matter how much Izzo is wishing it to be true.And like all your other UN_ friends you've managed to add your own language to what was being said.

The only thing he said about this year is IF NDSU had a year like this year in the future IF they were FBS. It had nothing to do with Cincinnati. People are fuckin thick.

abc123
01-13-2022, 01:15 AM
And like all your other UN_ friends you've managed to add your own language to what was being said.

The only thing he said about this year is IF NDSU had a year like this year in the future IF they were FBS. It had nothing to do with Cincinnati. People are fuckin thick.

His comment was literally "this would have been a year when NDSU would have been in the mix for a spot."

There was absolutely nothing about the future and it is a completely inaccurate statement. With 12 hypothetical spots, there are zero G5 teams being discussed outside of Cincy.

TAILG8R
01-13-2022, 01:16 AM
His comment was literally "this would have been a year when NDSU would have been in the mix for a spot."

There was absolutely nothing about the future and it is a completely inaccurate statement. With 12 hypothetical spots, there are zero G5 teams being discussed outside of Cincy.Did he say they would have gotten a spot over Cinci? I can't find that part.

Do you know what in the mix means?

Now you're just purposely being obtuse to try to prove a point you missed on.

GSUsTALON
01-13-2022, 01:34 AM
I can see NDSU going to a good Bowl Game or even making the top 10 as a G5 FBS team and playing a P5 team!

abc123
01-13-2022, 01:55 AM
Did he say they would have gotten a spot over Cinci? I can't find that part.

Do you know what in the mix means?

Now you're just purposely being obtuse to try to prove a point you missed on.

He said they would have been in the mix because the G5 will have an automatic bid. Which is absolutely wasn't going to a MWC team.

In the mix to me would mean within a spot or two. If SDSU would have won the MWC championship game, having one loss on the year, they still wouldn't have cracked the top 15. Outside of that, I wouldn't consider in the mix.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2022, 02:06 AM
Damn these kids play fast.Ridiculous speed. The LB play is so fast. They are like faster versions of T Beck+ 20-30 lbs.

BigHorns
01-13-2022, 02:16 AM

Cincinatti will be in the B12/P5 soon, and the MWC champion will certainly be "in the mix" in future years for a G5 slot.
Arguably with a weakened AAC, the MWC will now be in the best position to grab that bid.

Of course it was a hypothetical future, NDSU is obviously not in FBS now.
Should an MWC opening happen, I can't imagine NDSU saying no to that opportunity.

BigHorns
01-13-2022, 05:54 PM
CFP is not expanding anytime soon:
https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1480608702734471168?s=21

We can wait until an MWC slot opens, and in the meantime add a few more trophies.

IndyBison
01-15-2022, 12:28 PM
Got to volunteer last weekend for the CFP Championship. Fun experience. A few different observations compared to the FCS Championships.

The businesses in Frisco roll out the red carpet especially for Bison fans but there are very few activities planned by the city around the event. Indy had 3 days of events. There was a Fan Central set up in the convention center where you could see a variety of displays and do several different activities. A 3-block street near the convention center was blocked off with vendors, concessions, entertainment, and several selfie spots with CFP 2022 signage. Monument Circle was closed with a large concert stage. Saturday featured AJR and Doja Cat. Sunday was Ava Max and Twenty One Pilots. Monday afternoon went country with Breland and Sam Hunt. I had never heard of any of them but they are very popular artists. Mercedes and Dodge had very cool displays set up. Huge CFP 2022 display set up for photos. They also hired some group who does acrobatic dancing on the side of tall buildings. They were tethered to a 50-story building on the circle. Crazy!! All of this was free.

Each school was hosting multiple alumni events throughout the weekend just like Frisco. Many companies were also hosting events for clients. ESPN had a hospitality space reserved all weekend for VIPs and their talent. Both events have activities and appearances by the teams during the week. The teachers of the year from every state was invited for the weekend and held the flag for the national anthem. They each received 2 free tickets to the game.

Especially downtown but all over the city hotel rates were jacked up. Reports of Motel 6 at $250/night and downtown hotels at $500-$1000/night.

Face value for the worst tickets was $495. Resale for good tickets was up to $3k. The crowd was about 65/35 in favor of Georgia. The general consensus was Alabama has been to several of these and due to weather they decided they could skip this one. Sound familiar?

Speaking of weather, Indy is usually 30s and 40s in the winter but teens or 60s are equally possible. Saturday it was in the 30s but rained with ice just as the concerts were starting. It warmed up to 40 as the evening continued and the rain was light off and on. Temps dropped all day Sunday and were in the upper 20s during the Sunday concerts. Monday afternoon was sunny but low to mid 20s. Wind was off and on. Many fans complained about weather and wondered how we tolerated it. I laughed because it was still 25-30 degrees warmer than Fargo. They really didn't know what cold was. But it was definitely cold. Many embodied something we all know... there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad choice of clothing. A hoody and jeans with no hat or gloves would be a bad choice of clothing.

I had a great time talking football with great fans! Every time I mentioned NDSU they were aware they had won the FCS Championship and many knew 9 of 11. The Alabama marching band was watching the game on the bus while traveling to Indy.

Overall the environment difference between the two was significant and much wider than the difference in the quality of play. If you ever get a chance I would recommend being in the city for such an event even if you don't have a ticket to the game.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220115/d081202a6b5f3ff91776084bef83baae.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220115/1ed5920de04200c7e92cab02d9d1dad1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220115/f97abeaa27d8b5f49d6a8673a63f610f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220115/d1e3c240808279a4ff1754249163ba8b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220115/c99d60f77f004de64e8599c91f573633.jpg