PDA

View Full Version : NDSU in the Sun Bowl !

El_Chapo
12-27-2021, 01:54 AM
Miami just wimped out to Covid & Cancelled., Game is Friday.

NDSU should have a Warm up Game in El Paso Texas..

NDSU vs Washington St Friday... then everyone drives to Frisco for week of Practice (And partying!)

LETS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

El_Chapo
12-27-2021, 02:23 AM
someone already picking it up too!

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
1h
I have been told that it’s unlikely Illinois will make a push for the Sun Bowl.
Scrappythepitbull
@Scrappythepitb1
·
28m
Someone call ND State Bison

scottietohottie
12-27-2021, 04:05 AM
someone already picking it up too!

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
·
1h
I have been told that it’s unlikely Illinois will make a push for the Sun Bowl.
Scrappythepitbull
@Scrappythepitb1
·
28m
Someone call ND State Bison

Did you tell him it's NDSU and not ND State Bison? Personally I think they should tell espn that it's ndsu all lower case so that the people remember how small time north dakota really is. Wouldn't want people from north dakota thinking they are equal or better then people from real states bro.

Hammerhead
12-27-2021, 01:00 PM
Did you also tell him NDSU has a championship game to prepare for and playing in an exhibition game would hurt our chances.

kab1one
12-27-2021, 01:03 PM
Did you also tell him NDSU has a championship game to prepare for and playing in an exhibition game would hurt our chances.

I lived in El Paso in the Late 80's prior to the complete take over by the cartel. It was not a travel destination then, it would be a step back from where ever NDSU travels too now.

Next plan Lakes.

tjbison
12-27-2021, 02:42 PM
lol...

lots of chum in the water this blustery AM

Swaghook
12-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a game for SDSU. NDSU has a it's dance card filled for the year.

tony
12-27-2021, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a game for SDSU. NDSU has a it's dance card filled for the year.

Sounds like an unfinished guess in a game of CLUE: COLLEGE FOOTBALL EDITION. "NDSU in the Sun Bowl with a One-handed Interception."

Professorbum
12-28-2021, 01:41 AM
Now Boise State pulling out of the Arizona Bowl. What started as a joke thread is starting to sound sensible. I almost wish we would offer to play one of these bowls that are missing an opponent. At least we're healthy at the moment. I wonder if by the end of next week NDSU or Montana State will find itself dealing with Covid issues and the game gets scuttled.

CAS4127
12-28-2021, 01:52 AM
Now Boise State pulling out of the Arizona Bowl. What started as a joke thread is starting to sound sensible. I almost wish we would offer to play one of these bowls that are missing an opponent. At least we're healthy at the moment. I wonder if by the end of next week NDSU or Montana State will find itself dealing with Covid issues and the game gets scuttled.

Me thinks this has a lot more to do with teams/institutions not overly interested in playing in meaningless bowl games.

Twincitybizon
12-28-2021, 02:16 AM
Me thinks this has a lot more to do with teams/institutions not overly interested in playing in meaningless bowl games.

Idk about that. Do they still get payed if they pull out? It's all about the money

23Bison
12-28-2021, 03:21 AM
Well the CDC is now only recommending a 5 day quarantine for those without ongoing symptoms. Or some shit like that. It’s already affecting the NFL since the NFLPA is following CDC guidelines. I’m sure it’s too little too late for some of these games but that could be good news for the title game.

IndyBison
12-28-2021, 03:48 AM
Me thinks this has a lot more to do with teams/institutions not overly interested in playing in meaningless bowl games.I'm thinking if the game has more meaning (like a playoff game) you would be less likely to pull out. If the game were a major bowl or some kind of playoff game I would expect the teams to play. Purdue has several top players not playing Thursday in Nashville. Nevada had several players and coaches missing in today's bowl game. The more that happens the easier it will be to drop the bowl system and expand the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gully
12-28-2021, 03:54 AM
Casedemic

so sick people have to test to see if they're sick

El_Chapo
12-28-2021, 04:02 AM
NDSU could get $2.5 Million playing in the Sun Bowl & Garner Amazing MEDIA ATTENTION worth tens of millions

we break even at Frisco I bet..or $100k or so

Twentysix
12-28-2021, 05:22 AM
Idk about that. Do they still get payed if they pull out? It's all about the money

No play no money

taper
12-28-2021, 02:55 PM
Arizona Bowl pays $350k, Sun Bowl is $4.5M. Not all bowls are equal.

56BISON73
12-28-2021, 04:35 PM
Arizona Bowl pays $350k, Sun Bowl is $4.5M. Not all bowls are equal.

Then that money goes in to the conference pool to be distributed after all expenses are paid.

Mr Meaty
12-28-2021, 08:06 PM
Then that money goes in to the conference pool to be distributed after all expenses are paid.

I would hope we would pad the expense total if we ever play in a bowl game after the move up.

td577
12-28-2021, 09:53 PM
I would hope we would pad the expense total if we ever play in a bowl game after the move up.You see how many people we just have on the sideline? It won't be hard to pad any expenses.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

daddy daycare
12-28-2021, 10:31 PM
What about the Bourbon Bowl

westnodak93bison
12-31-2021, 06:32 PM
https://youtu.be/y_nuMEtwUW4

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BigHorns
01-01-2022, 03:15 PM
NDSU could get $2.5 Million playing in the Sun Bowl & Garner Amazing MEDIA ATTENTION worth tens of millions

we break even at Frisco I bet..or $100k or so

I doubt the viewership tops what we had in 2019:
NDSU vs. JMU (ABC) — 2.68 million

Plus, Championship games carry more prestige than most bowl games do.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2022, 11:37 PM
NDSU NOT IN the sun bowl - thankfully

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk