12-25-2021, 11:50 PM
https://hutchinsbbq.com/

That's the post.

mtoutfitter
12-25-2021, 11:58 PM
Just saw an ad for this:

https://www.biggame.org/convention/

Add your favorites

I exhibited at Dallas Safari Club for a couple of yrs and can say it's well worth seeing if you're so inclined. Kind of like a mini National SCI.

Swaghook
12-26-2021, 12:17 AM
http://pecanlodge.com/ another BBQ that is a must stop.

Swaghook
12-26-2021, 12:20 AM
For those making the drive down a stop at Tuckers in OKC is worth the slight detour off the interstate. The location in Norman is the best one for a quick off and back on.

http://www.tuckersonionburgers.com/

Son of a Bison
12-26-2021, 12:47 AM
Exit 1 on I35 is worth a stop for pictures with 2 points of interest (as long as our good friend from Terry isn’t “exhibiting” at either location at this stop)

cx500d
12-27-2021, 01:43 AM
Al Biernat's is kind of the place where the movers and shakers in Dallas go; lots of pro athletes, executives etc. Plus, they have North Dakota buffalo filet in the menu....

ByeSonBusiness
12-27-2021, 04:21 AM
The JFK place is pretty cool. The George W. Bush Presidential Library is pretty neat too if that's your thing.

THEsocalledfan
12-27-2021, 12:07 PM
http://pecanlodge.com/ another BBQ that is a must stop.

Have to second this one......pair it with a trip to see where JFK killed if you haven't done it the last 10 times.

El_Chapo
12-27-2021, 12:39 PM
Spearmint Rhino

tjbison
12-27-2021, 02:57 PM
Spearmint Rhino

dropped some singles there the first couple years, then stopped going

17>1
12-27-2021, 03:00 PM
The JFK place is pretty cool. The George W. Bush Presidential Library is pretty neat too if that's your thing.

Agreed! I've done both as well. My dad enjoyed the library but he's really into history and that sort of thing. I didn't get into it as much as it required too much reading, haha. But I really enjoyed the JFK museum and how they present it with the headphones you wear and that sort of thing. Would recommend for sure!

tony
12-27-2021, 03:36 PM
Agreed! I've done both as well. My dad enjoyed the library but he's really into history and that sort of thing. I didn't get into it as much as it required too much reading, haha. But I really enjoyed the JFK museum and how they present it with the headphones you wear and that sort of thing. Would recommend for sure!

JFK's is the only Presidential library I've been too... and I thought it was pretty cool. He packed a lot into a short time in office.

Twentysix
12-28-2021, 04:40 AM
Clearly a hot tub party. You are in Frisco after all.

Twentysix
12-28-2021, 04:51 AM
If you have kids or you are still a kid at heart maybe the andretti games place would be cool. It's bowling and go karts etc. It's like 20 minutes maybe on the 121 from frisco. If you all get down their make sure to go to scheels and hassle them about not having bison stuff. They won't ever stock a god damn thing for me.

Here (https://andrettikarting.com/thecolony/?utm_source=cumulus&utm_medium=sem&utm_campaign=sem&campaignid=12343672282&adgroupid=123384659728&creative=498681098621&matchtype=e&network=g&device=m&keyword=andretti%27s&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5aWOBhDMARIsAIXLlkc5xCuZZM_kXRe2dBMh FmuDe1eEep-XwOIPcmMLw9CymWW5i0CcshIaAuFlEALw_wcB)

Twentysix
12-28-2021, 04:53 AM
I would offer a word of caution about partying in deep ellum at night. It's pretty bad. You may get shot by a 15 year old with an uzi. Should be ok during light hours though. It's been really warm, so partying at night, preferably outdoors is a must. It's been 78-83 the last few days. It's midnight right now and my windows are still open while I write this. So the weather is incredible, hopefully it holds for you guys.

Twentysix
12-28-2021, 04:49 PM
https://hutchinsbbq.com/

That's the post.

I would echo this. Imo Hutchins has the highest average BBQ meats performance. It's the place you are most likely to have a good time. One of the Hutchins pit Master just died though, so the quality may be impacted. They have multiple pit masters so it might not matter.

Pecan lodge is also very good but it's pretty far away.

Cattlack is even better than Hutchins but it's barely ever open and is a little more hit or miss.

Hard8 is horrible in my experience. Id avoid that one at all costs. Rudy's is also one I'd avoid.

EC8CH
12-28-2021, 04:52 PM
I would echo this. Imo Hutchins has the highest average BBQ meats performance. It's the place you are most likely to have a good time. The Hutchins pit Master just died though, so the quality may be impacted.

Cattlack is even better than Hutchins but it's barely ever open and is a little more hit or miss.

Hard8 is horrible in my experience. If avoid that one at all costs. Rudy's is also one I'd avoid.

Hard8 was a cool experience the first time walking in through all the BBQ pits.
Hutchins has been, like you said, just better consistent BBQ every time and more convenient.

Twentysix
12-28-2021, 04:57 PM
Hard8 was a cool experience the first time walking in through all the BBQ pits.
Hutchins has been, like you said, just better consistent BBQ every time and more convenient.

So my first and only visit to hard 8 was about 3 months ago. They had to cut the bark char off the brisket to serve it and their brisket was a similar experience to eating tree bark. They also did not have an option for moist or lean which is a red flag.. I would never eat hard8 again even if it was free. The physical setup of the restraunt is cool though.

StL Bison Fan
12-28-2021, 08:39 PM
Ate at Rudy’s by the stadium the first year we went. Was like eating a cardboard box. But we did get gasoline there, so that’s good.
For breakfast it’s Norma’s on Gaylord Pkway. Chicken fried steak, grits, biscuits, eggs and darn good coffee.
So good I took a picture!

56BISON73
12-28-2021, 09:12 PM
Ate at Rudy’s by the stadium the first year we went. Was like eating a cardboard box. But we did get gasoline there, so that’s good.
For breakfast it’s Norma’s on Gaylord Pkway. Chicken fried steak, grits, biscuits, eggs and darn good coffee.

Rudys is also very good for breakfast tacos. WE served those the last two years.

Bison 4 Life
12-28-2021, 10:19 PM

Rudy's hits the spot when you don't want to leave the parking lot but haven't eaten for several hours and are slightly hungover.

StL Bison Fan
12-28-2021, 10:48 PM
Rudys is also very good for breakfast tacos. WE served those the last two years.

Have to agree on those breakfast tacos. They are good. And close to the game

OrygunBison
12-28-2021, 10:52 PM
Make a donation to single moms at The Lodge.

Twentysix
12-29-2021, 09:38 AM
Have to agree on those breakfast tacos. They are good. And close to the game

Bucees is on the 75 and has great breakfast tacos, the rhino, the hippo, and the brisket and egg. $3-4. It's like a bigger loves or flying j. Not so close to the game, but if you are organized someone would be able to grab 100 tacos for a large group (use an ordering station if there aren't enough ready). I go to bucees 2-3 times a month for weekend breakfast tacos. ~20 mile round-trip drive for me. I last went christmas morning. Their green sauce is very very good.

Torchys is the hyped up local breakfast taco chain around here. Personally I prefer bucees but there is probably a torchys in Frisco.

The kolache factory has great savory kolaches and there is a location in Frisco. My favorites are the jalapeño popper, the sausage and gravy, and the pepperoni. But they have a bunch. ~2.75 per kolache. I wouldn't highly recommend the sweet ones though. Also avoid kolaches at bucees imo.
If you want sweet kolaches the best one is kolachee bakeshop on Frankfurt in North Dallas.

For donuts I haven't found a mom and pops that beats shippley (Houston chain) or Krispy Kreme (originals).

That's about it for breakfast as far as I can think of for in a tailgate lot.

There are tons of kolaches and BBQ in dfw. They are not all created equal. If you don't have favorite places already and only have one or two meals, don't waste them on things near you. The disparity in deliciousness from one place to the next is unreal.

Stary2k11
12-29-2021, 08:35 PM
Bucees is on the 75 and has great breakfast tacos, the rhino, the hippo, and the brisket and egg. $3-4. It's like a bigger loves or flying j. Not so close to the game, but if you are organized someone would be able to grab 100 tacos for a large group (use an ordering station if there aren't enough ready). I go to bucees 2-3 times a month for weekend breakfast tacos. ~20 mile round-trip drive for me. I last went christmas morning. Their green sauce is very very good.

Torchys is the hyped up local breakfast taco chain around here. Personally I prefer bucees but there is probably a torchys in Frisco.

The kolache factory has great savory kolaches and there is a location in Frisco. My favorites are the jalapeño popper, the sausage and gravy, and the pepperoni. But they have a bunch. ~2.75 per kolache. I wouldn't highly recommend the sweet ones though. Also avoid kolaches at bucees imo.
If you want sweet kolaches the best one is kolachee bakeshop on Frankfurt in North Dallas.

For donuts I haven't found a mom and pops that beats shippley (Houston chain) or Krispy Kreme (originals).

That's about it for breakfast as far as I can think of for in a tailgate lot.

There are tons of kolaches and BBQ in dfw. They are not all created equal. If you don't have favorite places already and only have one or two meals, don't waste them on things near you. The disparity in deliciousness from one place to the next is unreal.

There is a Torchy’s on Preston just north of 121 (replaced Fuddruckers). Haven’t been there as the menu and photos don’t look that great

The Aussie Grind is roughly across the street and is extremely popular. The breakfast pizza is amazing, though the place is a bit expensive for what you get.

For donuts we love the place on the corner of Coit and Virginia/PGA Parkway in north Frisco (maybe 3-4 miles from the stadium). Best donuts in the area and we’ve tried them all. The cinnamon rolls (donut style not old fashioned), chocolate long johns, Apple fritters, flavored cake donuts, and spinach wraps are excellent. They never run out, keep cooking through the morning so you always get fresh stock, and are extremely accommodating. I would think they’d handle whatever you needed.

Also Jenny’s donuts on Legacy and Lebanon-ish has been very pro-Bison in the past. I got to know the lady and her husband that work weekends, and she would always recognize me by my NDSU gear and say “Go Bison!”

56BISON73
01-01-2022, 03:32 AM
Does anyone know of a great Chinese Restaurant. Its been years sine Ive had some good Chinese food. There has to be some good places around Frisco.

Im going to be there 5-6 days and I can only eat so much BBQ.

Twentysix
01-01-2022, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know of a great Chinese Restaurant. Its been years sine Ive had some good Chinese food. There has to be some good places around Frisco.

Im going to be there 5-6 days and I can only eat so much BBQ.

Head to a mitsuwa hmart or 99 ranch market for good asian food. They are grocery stores that create large asian business areas. The restraunts will be inside in a food court or outside in mini mall style buildings built out of the grocery stores. 85°C is a top bakery. Tous les jour is good too but ive had terrible luck with them having inventory if you arrive late in the day. If you mean american style chinese like panda express then idk but there are a few chinese buffets around. I havent been to any though. You will want a mask if you are going to interact respectfully in an asian owned business.

Bison03
01-02-2022, 04:35 AM
Blue Goose Cantina, right by the tailgate lot. If you have never been there. Go. Just go. Thank me later. Lol.

DakotaOkie
01-02-2022, 01:12 PM
Blue Goose Cantina, right by the tailgate lot. If you have never been there. Go. Just go. Thank me later. Lol.
Not saying the food and atmosphere can't be good or even great, BUT...really? A mex joint in Texas founded by a guy named Bob Peterson. That just sounds wrong in so many ways.

unbison
01-02-2022, 01:32 PM
Make a donation to single moms at The Lodge.

Might have bought some wine by the bottle here

mtoutfitter
01-02-2022, 02:37 PM
Not saying the food and atmosphere can't be good or even great, BUT...really? A mex joint in Texas founded by a guy named Bob Peterson. That just sounds wrong in so many ways.

Probably no different than a Fargo lefse joint founded by Juan Sanchez.

scottietohottie
01-02-2022, 02:48 PM
Probably no different than a Fargo lefse joint founded by Juan Sanchez.

I've got lefse in the fridge eh. That's why I married a Norwegian. It's even authentic.

EC8CH
01-02-2022, 03:11 PM
I've got lefse in the fridge eh. That's why I married a Norwegian. It's even authentic.

The lefse or the wife?

GreenfieldBison
01-02-2022, 04:04 PM

You got the lye soaked cod too?

bisonaudit
01-02-2022, 05:45 PM
You got the lye soaked cod too?

What you do with your cod in the privacy of your own home is your own business.

GreenfieldBison
01-02-2022, 06:01 PM
What you do with your cod in the privacy of your own home is your own business.

Amen. As long as those windows are closed when you're cooking it...