PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs Montana State

Pages : [1] 2 3

bruinbison
12-19-2021, 03:50 PM
Shaun Rainey
@ShaunRainey

Montana State opens up as +8.5 point underdogs vs North Dakota State with the O/U set at 46.5

And so the anticipation begins……
Would expect Montana State to travel very well, plus have many former Montanans living in Texas be interested in this game. Should be a helluva party in Frisco!!!

Gopher24
12-19-2021, 04:24 PM
Boy was I off. I was curious what the betting line was going to be. My guess was NDSU -17. I think it will be over early.

NDSU92
12-19-2021, 04:52 PM
Would expect Montana State to travel very well, plus have many former Montanans living in Texas be interested in this game. Should be a helluva party in Frisco!!!

So they’re thinking 27-19 ish? I’m taking the underrrrrr

Surprised we’re favored by that much

ndsubison1
12-19-2021, 04:53 PM
Boy was I off. I was curious what the betting line was going to be. My guess was NDSU -17. I think it will be over early.

17? You high.

ndsubison1
12-19-2021, 04:54 PM

What book is this? Need evidence.

slips
12-19-2021, 05:39 PM
Sagarin has us as 8.5 point favorites. Usually pretty close to the opening line. I suspect if it opens that high it will come down closer to the game. My guess the line will hang around NDSU -7.

EC8CH
12-19-2021, 06:34 PM
https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50711&start=120#p765687

There are dickhead NDSU fans that bought extra so they can price gouge people in need on Facebook. Check the FCS Fans Nation group.

Noob to the championship game seems salty.

Gopher24
12-19-2021, 06:52 PM
We will see I guess. Bison are no strangers to Frisco.

The last time Montana State played for a Championship was the same year "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" came out.

WeAreThePride
12-19-2021, 07:45 PM

There are dickhead NDSU fans that bought extra so they can price gouge people in need on Facebook. Check the FCS Fans Nation group.

LOL. Buy your tickets in August like the rest of us, or enjoy watching from your couch.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-19-2021, 07:58 PM
17? You high.

To be fair that’s about the average margin of victory for the Bison in our championship wins. Honestly I don’t think they will even keep it close in the first half. SDSU and JMU were the only teams that had a chance to beat us this year. If I was a MSU fan I would prepare yourself for disappointment and just enjoy being in Frisco……

EC8CH
12-19-2021, 08:03 PM
LOL. Buy your tickets in August like the rest of us, or enjoy watching from your couch.

Or man up and roll the dice on going down without and scoring tickets once there. Always fun watching a noob fanbase figure life out.

Bison 4 Life
12-19-2021, 08:16 PM

My extra tickets went FAST and for a lot.

ndsubison1
12-19-2021, 08:31 PM
To be fair that’s about the average margin of victory for the Bison in our championship wins. Honestly I don’t think they will even keep it close in the first half. SDSU and JMU were the only teams that had a chance to beat us this year. If I was a MSU fan I would prepare yourself for disappointment and just enjoy being in Frisco……

From a betting line perspective, that would be way too high in this instance

tony
12-19-2021, 08:35 PM
The top 2 scoring defenses in the FCS.

WeAreThePride
12-19-2021, 08:38 PM
No kidding?

Dang, I'm impressed.

17>1
12-19-2021, 09:49 PM
My buddy is seeing American flights on the 7th from MSP to DFW for like $119

tjbison
12-19-2021, 09:52 PM

Because getting there Friday sucks...lol

56BISON73
12-19-2021, 09:56 PM

Or you go with TM and get a room for one night and plane ticket for 1495.00 :innocent:

56BISON73
12-19-2021, 09:57 PM

We will be there on Tuesday before the big wave hits.

17>1
12-19-2021, 10:20 PM

To each their own I guess. Gotten into the area on Friday every year and had a great time. I’m driving, just thought I would relay the information.

Gopher24
12-19-2021, 10:22 PM
From a betting line perspective, that would be way too high in this instance

I get what you are saying but Im still going to make money on this game

NovaBison
12-19-2021, 10:31 PM
Checking in... has the Montana State AD made a "Business Decision" to buy this game out? Choate said they needed an additional $1M to be equal to us, so I figured maybe they can't afford the trip to Texas? :)

NDSU92
12-19-2021, 10:35 PM
Checking in... has the Montana State AD made a "Business Decision" to buy this game out? Choate said they needed an additional $1M to be equal to us, so I figured maybe they can't afford the trip to Texas? :)

Lol no kidding! Who looks like a dickhead now? Haha

EC8CH
12-20-2021, 12:04 AM

Are we over that buyout yet or is that what we talk about for the next three weeks?

https://i.imgflip.com/5yhmuy.jpg

Did MSU implement full cost of attendance yet?

WeAreThePride
12-20-2021, 12:16 AM
LOL. Beth Dutton just said "They wanna know who the Bobcats are playing."

Taylor Sheridan couldn't pay for timing that good.

SafeTeeJ
12-20-2021, 12:27 AM
LOL. Beth Dutton just said "They wanna know who the Bobcats are playing."

Taylor Sheridan couldn't pay for timing that good.

A bunch of sign ideas for the Natty just popped up in my head.

gavin2126
12-20-2021, 12:42 AM
A bunch of sign ideas for the Natty just popped up in my head.

Beth Dutton is scared of the Bison.

westnodak93bison
12-20-2021, 12:44 AM
Real Montanans live East of Livingston.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-20-2021, 01:30 AM
Some fish on the Bobcat board is trying to get his money out of $500 tickets because he bought too many.

I knew I underpriced mine.

1998braves64
12-20-2021, 01:53 AM
So when will we hear butt mountain speed?? Or the butt Butte speed? [emoji3] sorry just stirring the pot. This game is going to be fun I have a few bobcat coworkers and friends.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Twincitybizon
12-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Well starting to watch mont. State playoff games. That QB is quick. With ifanse back they will be a pain in the ass. I imagine we got a guy called Cole Payton who can replicate him a bit in practice though.do you spy him with cox on passing downs?

EC8CH
12-20-2021, 03:32 AM
Some fish on the Bobcat board is trying to get his money out of $500 tickets because he bought too many.

I knew I underpriced mine.

Cripes. I can't imagine getting suckered into a price like that.

Ignorant people make some rash and foolish decisions.

sbark
12-20-2021, 03:36 AM
Well starting to watch mont. State playoff games. That QB is quick. With ifanse back they will be a pain in the ass. I imagine we got a guy called Cole Payton who can replicate him a bit in practice though.do you spy him with cox on passing downs?

Places the back shoulder throw consistently very well ....against both SHSU and SDSU

EC8CH
12-20-2021, 03:36 AM

I only watched the SDSU game but how well does he throw into coverage? Most of his completions I saw were on defenders with their backs turned to the ball. I'd think you'd rush 4 play coverage and make them beat you by forcing a young QB to read and throw into coverage. Would also keep the D's eyes on a mobile QB. Unless NDSU can't stop their run game with their base cover 2, I don't see why this wouldn't be the game plan.

89MTBISON
12-20-2021, 03:42 AM

He gives his receivers a chance to catch the ball. Problem is, he also gives the defender a chance to catch it as well.

Twincitybizon
12-20-2021, 03:44 AM
He gives his receivers a chance to catch the ball. Problem is, he also gives the defender a chance to catch it as well.

I'm on etsu right now, he isn't throwing well. Inaccurate. But without help he will scramble on us. Impressed at his shiftiness. This game will be really interesting if we don't tackle real well

EC8CH
12-20-2021, 03:53 AM

Exactly. Lots of 50/50 balls.

89MTBISON
12-20-2021, 03:56 AM
I'm on etsu right now, he isn't throwing well. Inaccurate. But without help he will scramble on us. Impressed at his shiftiness. This game will be really interesting if we don't tackle real well

Yes, he's not afraid to chuck it up, he's won a lot of those 50/50 balls so far. That ain't happening against us. His real threat is pulling it down and running. We'll need much better contain on him than we had against JMU.

Professor Chaos
12-20-2021, 04:55 AM
I only watched the SDSU game but how well does he throw into coverage? Most of his completions I saw were on defenders with their backs turned to the ball. I'd think you'd rush 4 play coverage and make them beat you by forcing a young QB to read and throw into coverage. Would also keep the D's eyes on a mobile QB. Unless NDSU can't stop their run game with their base cover 2, I don't see why this wouldn't be the game plan.
Idk, that seemed like what SHSU and SDSU tried and it didn't work too well although NDSU does have a better secondary than either of those teams. I'd like to see them use the Quincy Patterson defense against him and and be aggressive sending pressure and make him throw short/hot and don't give him lanes to scramble.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-20-2021, 06:36 AM
Just stop the run thats all they have, that QB isn't going to beat you throwing the ball so let him have at it.

You guys play clean you win this game by halftime, the second half will be ugly

sage
12-20-2021, 12:38 PM
Just stop the run thats all they have, that QB isn't going to beat you throwing the ball so let him have at it.

Exactly! STOP the RUN of QB and RB. Let him beat you in the passing game but need to stop the run game from the start to the end.

TransAmBison
12-20-2021, 01:07 PM
Looks like Sagarin shows us as a 73% chance of winning. Maybe somebody posted that already.

ndsubison1
12-20-2021, 01:19 PM
BetOnline
NDSU -10
Total 42.5

5Dimes
NDSU -9.5
Total 43

sage
12-20-2021, 01:41 PM
I also will say and not taking away from the Bison talent, but James Madison was IMO the best all-around FCS team in 2021. They were solid in every position and every department of the game.

Bison beat them and left points on the field on three drives from mistakes and just plain bad decisions.

I do believe if this team can beat the best all-around team, they can do well against the cats. They will need like I said before STOP their ground attack from the start. If they can't do that it will be a long day.

WeAreThePride
12-20-2021, 01:48 PM
I also will say and not taking away from the Bison talent, but James Madison was IMO the best all-around FCS team in 2021. They were solid in every position and every department of the game.

Bison beat them and left points on the field on three drives from mistakes and just plain bad decisions.

I do believe if this team can beat the best all-around team, they can do well against the cats. They will need like I said before STOP their ground attack from the start. If they can't do that it will be a long day.

JMU was an incredible team this year. They deserved to play in Frisco against us for the third time.

But hey, it is what it is. Sammy won it all this spring, and never lost again. They deserved a top 2 seed.

I would have seeded NDSU 1, Sammy 2, and JMU 3.

EC8CH
12-20-2021, 01:56 PM
JMU was an incredible team this year. They deserved to play in Frisco against us for the third time.

But hey, it is what it is. Sammy won it all this spring, and never lost again. They deserved a top 2 seed.

Yeah. Hindsight confirms SHSU was likely over ranked, but hard to do anything different with a returning champ goes undefeated.

Bison20
12-20-2021, 02:00 PM
Yeah. Hindsight confirms SHSU was likely over ranked, but hard to do anything different with a returning champ goes undefeated.

Pretty sure SHSU is over ranked every year. Usually a good team but a pretty weak conference.

MankatoBison
12-20-2021, 02:05 PM
Honest question, will Montana state cross their own 30 yard line and will NDSU score less than 100 pts?

Of course I am being facetious, but I would have Bison favored by at least 4 TDs lol.

Bison Win 42-7

Twincitybizon
12-20-2021, 02:10 PM

They're practically a triple option team right now. I'm still not sold on how good they are up front. They seem designed to rush the big sky pass teams with athletic dl and lb that get good depth. But I'm not sold we can't run on them. They play with outstanding effort that makes they're run d look better than it really is.

EC8CH
12-20-2021, 02:35 PM
Pretty sure SHSU is over ranked every year. Usually a good team but a pretty weak conference.

Absolutely agree. I was just pointing out that this year's situation of an undefeated returning champ is the ONE situation that gives a reasonable excuse to overlook what you just pointed out.

ndsubison1
12-20-2021, 02:37 PM

They need to stop seeding teams based off how many losses they have.

gavin2126
12-20-2021, 02:45 PM
They're practically a triple option team right now. I'm still not sold on how good they are up front. They seem designed to rush the big sky pass teams with athletic dl and lb that get good depth. But I'm not sold we can't run on them. They play with outstanding effort that makes they're run d look better than it really is.

They did just do a pretty good job against SDSU’s run game. And I don’t think we have the passing game to have the success in the air the bunnies did.

Twincitybizon
12-20-2021, 02:56 PM
They did just do a pretty good job against SDSU’s run game. And I don’t think we have the passing game to have the success in the air the bunnies did.

That did surprise me. I think the biggest question for us is who the hell is playing. What is our line going to look like in 3 weeks?

gavin2126
12-20-2021, 03:07 PM
That did surprise me. I think the biggest question for us is who the hell is playing. What is our line going to look like in 3 weeks?

Yeah whoever plays is going to have to be ready for a big test. Their D line is good and pretty deep from what I’ve heard. Other than EWU it’s not really the Big Fluffy over there anymore. Overall it’s not up to the level of the Valley but the style of play has shifted there. Bobcats would fit in very well though.

Bison20
12-20-2021, 03:24 PM
It all comes down to our play calling. It has been so bad this year that we keep all these teams in the game when they should be blown out. Just have to contain their qb run game from what I saw.

westnodak93bison
12-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Anyone know when standing room only tickets go on sale?

MankatoBison
12-20-2021, 03:40 PM
Literally just put any scout team player as a QB spy and they wont score a point.

100% of the points through the air were complete ducks where the DB wasn't on the correct half of the field and the rest was standard QB run.

Put a spy on Smollett and the game is over. there is no other aspect of their offense. It all runs through Smollet's legs. This is going to be a ruthless curb stomp from Code green. Honestly the FCC will have to turn off the broadcast by half because theyre not allowed to broadcast a murder on Live tv.

Could not possibly be more confident about this game, lol, playing Montana State is Code green's most graphic wet dream

Bison 4 Life
12-20-2021, 03:43 PM
Literally just put any scout team player as a QB spy and they wont score a point.

100% of the points through the air were complete ducks where the DB wasn't on the correct half of the field and the rest was standard QB run.

Put a spy on Smollett and the game is over. there is no other aspect of their offense. It all runs through Smollet's legs. This is going to be a ruthless curb stomp from Code green. Honestly the FCC will have to turn off the broadcast by half because theyre not allowed to broadcast a murder on Live tv.

Could not possibly be more confident about this game, lol, playing Montana State is Code green's most graphic wet dream

Seal off Anderson and both Leupke and Williams can run to infinity.

td577
12-20-2021, 03:44 PM
Well starting to watch mont. State playoff games. That QB is quick. With ifanse back they will be a pain in the ass. I imagine we got a guy called Cole Payton who can replicate him a bit in practice though.do you spy him with cox on passing downs?Cox should be on him every down. Just don't bite on his first move because he is a one cut runner. Stretch him outside and hopefully less than 10 yards on any 3 downs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-20-2021, 03:45 PM

It was all outside runs where Troy Anderson could use his speed to cut them down. Almost no inside power.

MontBison
12-20-2021, 03:53 PM

Huh? A triple option team that threw for 70 more yds in the semis then NDSU did? Which was also more passing yds NDSU had against SDSU earlier this year. All with a qb who’s started 3 games?

I’m pretty confident NDSU wins this game by at least 7-10 but MSU isn’t without talent and the coaching matchup alone would have to favor a close game.

OrygunBison
12-20-2021, 03:53 PM
MSU has a legit DLine. They are strong and fast. If I recall correctly, their DE's are very good. I think it'll be hard to have success on the edge. Anderson is a complete stud and will create problems no matter what our boys do. He's particularly good laterally so I'd probably run right at him and just take away a big part of his advantage.

In conclusion, A-Gap.

Twincitybizon
12-20-2021, 03:55 PM
It was all outside runs where Troy Anderson could use his speed to cut them down. Almost no inside power.

I agree that I would run right at him. His speed is big running sideline to sideline and noticable when he runs the deep middle in cover 2. Fucking disappears off the screen. Lol

Twincitybizon
12-20-2021, 03:56 PM
Huh? A triple option team that threw for 70 more yds in the semis then NDSU did? Which was also more passing yds NDSU had against SDSU earlier this year. All with a qb who’s started 3 games?

I’m pretty confident NDSU wins this game by at least 7-10 but MSU isn’t without talent and the coaching matchup alone would have to favor a close game.

Believe it or not but yes triple option teams tend to take long deep shots, just like msu.

OrygunBison
12-20-2021, 03:58 PM
I'd love to see if he bites on play action. If yes, replace his spot with one of our TE's in the middle of the field. Soften that spot up by just going right at him over and over.

Professor Chaos
12-20-2021, 04:02 PM
Here's a fun fact: in the first 14 games of their respective 2021 fall seasons both of these defenses have allowed a total of 6 rushing TDs each. That's pretty good. Makes me hope the Bison offense has the creativity to diversify the redzone play selection more than they showed against JMU.

On a related note NDSU has ran for 41 rushing TDs this fall while Montana St has only ran for 23.

gavin2126
12-20-2021, 04:07 PM

I'd have to rewatch but I thought Strong was having some success outside and Davis was getting stuffed up the middle. Which really surprised me.

westnodak93bison
12-20-2021, 04:15 PM
MSU has a legit DLine. They are strong and fast. If I recall correctly, their DE's are very good. I think it'll be hard to have success on the edge. Anderson is a complete stud and will create problems no matter what our boys do. He's particularly good laterally so I'd probably run right at him and just take away a big part of his advantage.

In conclusion, A-Gap.If our OC and HC fall into your trap we lose. We need to use the entire width of the field period. Of course they will make plays on the perimeter but being stubborn and stupid running inside would make it easier for them to defend. We need balance!

Answer Guy
12-20-2021, 09:01 PM
They need to stop seeding teams based off how many losses they have.

Then Northern Iowa would be a 1 seed every year.

TAILG8R
12-20-2021, 09:06 PM
NDSU will become the first program to play in the FCS championship game nine times — all in the last 11 seasons. Add in Montana State's 1984 national title and the two finalists are a combined 9-for-9 in the championship game.

JMU's body isn't even cold and MSU has taken over.

JFC why do so many reporters NEED to do this?????

Wayne and Brent Gretzky hold the NHL record for most points scored by a pair of brothers—2,857 by Wayne, four by Brent.

Hammerhead
12-20-2021, 09:14 PM
By reporters, he means "Craig Haley / Stats Perform" who is listed as the author on the in-forum article.

Wayne and Brent Gretzky hold the NHL record for most points scored by a pair of brothers—2,857 by Wayne, four by Brent.

TAILG8R
12-20-2021, 09:52 PM
By reporters, he means "Craig Haley / Stats Perform" who is listed as the author on the in-forum article.

He is one of the worst offenders but over the years we have seen it by a lot of others as well.

CAS4127
12-21-2021, 12:59 AM
Then Northern Iowa would be a 1 seed every year.

If only UND could get enough wins to have their losses considered.....

EC8CH
12-21-2021, 12:59 AM
If only UND could get enough wins to have their losses considered.....

See now... That's funny.

CAS4127
12-21-2021, 01:00 AM
Major respect for this kid. He’s a winner—>https://buttesports.com/we-told-you-our-boy-tommy-was-something-special/

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-21-2021, 01:34 AM
He was good in high school, but I'm gonna wait until he has a season of games under his belt before I do what everyone else is knee jerking to.

Hes from my hometown and he does have some upside but here is how I think his career is going to go. Flashes this post season then loses lots of OL due to graduation. Rebuilding year next year and he just wont have the stats everyone thinks he will. His junior season is where we find out if hes the real deal or not. He could be hes talented but definitely not there yet.

Twincitybizon
12-21-2021, 01:42 AM
He was good in high school, but I'm gonna wait until he has a season of games under his belt before I do what everyone else is knee jerking to.

Hes from my hometown and he does have some upside but here is how I think his career is going to go. Flashes this post season then loses lots of OL due to graduation. Rebuilding year next year and he just wont have the stats everyone thinks he will. His junior season is where we find out if hes the real deal or not. He could be hes talented but definitely not there yet.

He's really likable but yeah I don't think he's the world's greatest QB yet. Accuracy is lacking, struggles to throw on the run only attempting to to one direction that I've seen. Throws a good deep ball. Runs really well

CAS4127
12-21-2021, 01:45 AM
He's really likable but yeah I don't think he's the world's greatest QB yet. Accuracy is lacking, struggles to throw on the run only attempting to to one direction that I've seen. Throws a good deep ball. Runs really well

That, and he doesn’t play scared.

Twincitybizon
12-21-2021, 01:47 AM
That, and he doesn’t play scared.

He 100% does not. They are a likable team. Kinda look like ndsu, wonder why???

SafeTeeJ
12-21-2021, 02:17 AM
Major respect for this kid. He’s a winner—>https://buttesports.com/we-told-you-our-boy-tommy-was-something-special/

Yeah…but can he tic tic tweet and mug the camera on the sideline?

tjbison
12-21-2021, 11:09 AM
Sdsu ran out of gas, theyndid not look anything like the team we played, credit to MSU but you have to take that factor in, playing all across the country and on Thanksgiving is a hard task, then going to elevation and outdoors in the cold it caught up to them

But I'm pumped for MSU will be awesome and someone new

TransAmBison
12-21-2021, 12:04 PM
Major respect for this kid. He’s a winner—>https://buttesports.com/we-told-you-our-boy-tommy-was-something-special/Kind of reminds me of Easton Stick. Sounds like a really great kid...glad he got to win a semifinal game.

WeAreThePride
12-21-2021, 12:14 PM
Sdsu ran out of gas, theyndid not look anything like the team we played, credit to MSU but you have to take that factor in, playing all across the country and on Thanksgiving is a hard task, then going to elevation and outdoors in the cold it caught up to them

Yep, and then throw in the fact that they were in the Natty in the spring. That's a shitload of abuse for the body to take.

Kevin
12-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Yep, and then throw in the fact that they were in the Natty in the spring. That's a shitload of abuse for the body to take.

Then throw in the fact that they fold like a cheap lawn chair every year for the last decade at the same time of year.

Then extend their coach.

MNLonghorn10
12-21-2021, 01:27 PM

Ok put JMU 4th where they would’ve rather have been

EC8CH
12-21-2021, 02:39 PM
Kind of reminds me of Easton Stick. Sounds like a really great kid...glad he got to win a semifinal game.

https://c.tenor.com/NqfVYEvKxTcAAAAC/mr-bean-wink-wink.gif

KSBisonFan
12-21-2021, 03:55 PM
Frisco Bowl on ESPN tonight at 6:30. UTSA vs SDSU. Might actually be a decent game.

bajadanny
12-21-2021, 04:18 PM
Then throw in the fact that they fold like a cheap lawn chair every year for the last decade at the same time of year.

Then extend their coach.

Sign him up life time! Once he leaves they will get better

gotts
12-21-2021, 04:27 PM
New year, new opponent, same crying from the opposing fanbase about how tickets are unfair:

https://i.imgur.com/gek4sH2.png

https://i.imgur.com/ow17BXm.png

https://i.imgur.com/dNxaX63.png

https://i.imgur.com/NPbvWyB.png

NDSUBowler
12-21-2021, 04:28 PM
Awww they are so cute when they are feisty...good kitties.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-21-2021, 04:30 PM
New year, new opponent, same crying from the opposing fanbase about how tickets are unfair:

Does some of their fanbase really think they could outnumber NDSU fans?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MankatoBison
12-21-2021, 04:37 PM

Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooodness. lolololololol

Herder, BMac, Craig Haley, FCS forever peeps will do or say anything to try and make the FCS sexier than it is.

MSU and NDSU are a combined 9 for 9 in national championships is an all timer. Goes right along with whoever it was that was telling me the FCS has never been stronger because "look at all the teams in the top 10 FCS poll! There's 10 of em for gosh sakes, how many more good teams could you want?"

Professor Chaos
12-21-2021, 04:38 PM
Wait until all the Bobcat fans see all the business and their employees in the Frisco area decked out in green and yellow! :)

It's also comical that some Bobcat fans keep referencing that NDSU fans had a 24 hour head start to buy tickets when anyone could've bought tickets going all the way back to late August. They even ran Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales for $15 off sideline seats.

JMB
12-21-2021, 05:01 PM

How long until the yearly, "sure the restaurants are all green an yellow but they secretly hate NDSU fans" posting start?

89MTBISON
12-21-2021, 05:36 PM
MSU D line coach also leaving for Colorado State.

ndsubison1
12-21-2021, 05:36 PM
Frisco Bowl on ESPN tonight at 6:30. UTSA vs SDSU. Might actually be a decent game.

This should be a pretty good matchup/.

ndsubison1
12-21-2021, 06:14 PM
How long until the yearly, "sure the restaurants are all green an yellow but they secretly hate NDSU fans" posting start?

You all live in Fargo. At least we have mountains, skiing, snowboarding, flyfishing, bear trapping, awesome breweries, and beautiful wives to go back to.

BisManBison
12-21-2021, 06:49 PM
You all live in Fargo. At least we have mountains, skiing, snowboarding, flyfishing, bear trapping, awesome breweries, sheep, and tobacco chewin women to go back to.

Fixed your post for you.

NDSU92
12-21-2021, 06:55 PM

Pretty much NDSU fan base’s response to this:

https://youtu.be/ipfrAHxJsVs

Shoulda been a bison fan homie!

Son of a Bison
12-21-2021, 08:25 PM
I thought on the ESPN broadcast they called him a true freshman which to me implied he graduated high school last spring and joined MSU this summer sometime. But that doesn’t seem to be the case from the article posted earlier. Not sure how many games he’s played this year. So, seems like he is the same year high school graduating class as Cam Miller - just a bit different due to Covid and no spring season this year?

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-21-2021, 09:25 PM
Does some of their fanbase really think they could outnumber NDSU fans?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just the voice of inexperience there.

Bison get more fans in Frisco than the cats do at home games in Bozeman.

You cant believe it until you go see it for yourself. Dealey Plaza? Bison fans, Cotton Bowl? Bison Fans Top Golf? Bison fans, Cantina Laredo? Bison Fans Dallas Mavericks game? Bison fans Dallas Stars? Bison fans GWB Presidential library? Bison fans you guys are fucking everywhere down there and its awesome.

Hell given the current culture of football in Texas you have a larger presence in Texas than A&M, Tech and the Longhorns do every January

TAILG8R
12-21-2021, 09:34 PM
Just the voice of inexperience there.

Bison get more fans in Frisco than the cats do at home games in Bozeman.

You cant believe it until you go see it for yourself. Dealey Plaza? Bison fans, Cotton Bowl? Bison Fans Top Golf? Bison fans, Cantina Laredo? Bison Fans Dallas Mavericks game? Bison fans Dallas Stars? Bison fans GWB Presidential library? Bison fans you guys are fucking everywhere down there and its awesome.

Hell given the current culture of football in Texas you have a larger presence in Texas than A&M, Tech and the Longhorns do every January

I was in Dallas and surrounding suburbs in June this summer and multiple people looked confused and asked why "you Bison fans" are down here in the summer.

1998braves64
12-21-2021, 11:07 PM
Well don't worry we went through the same "process" our first year too and complaining about SHSU getting 24 hour head start on us caused tickets to sell out... oddly I think Bison fans still outnumbered SHSU by quite a bit, 2nd year was even worse as NDSU fans discovered that we could buy tickets in August. Hopefully Cat fans figure this out next year when they get the email from NCAA. :duel::rofl:

cats2506
12-22-2021, 12:26 AM
He is a covid Freshman, joined the program fall of 2020, MSU didn't play spring season. His eligibility is as a true freshman but has an extra year without any games. He played in almost all games, on several special teams and as a wildcat QB. Started getting more time at QB later in the season but only had a few passes in the regular season

cats2506
12-22-2021, 12:29 AM
assistand DL coach, Howe is the DL coach and IMO will be the DC.

Wally
12-22-2021, 01:41 AM
Sdsu ran out of joose, theyndid not look anything like the team we played, credit to MSU but you have to take that factor in, playing all across the country and on Thanksgiving is a hard task, then going to elevation and outdoors in the cold it caught up to them

Fixed your post

WeAreThePride
12-22-2021, 01:47 AM

Oh I love that one. Somehow opposing fans always seem to privately talk to the manager, and he tells them how much he hates having the BISON come to town.

Fuckin classic!

CAS4127
12-22-2021, 02:03 AM
Oh I love that one. Somehow opposing fans always seem to privately talk to the manager, and he tells them how much he hates having the BISON come to town.

Fuckin classic!

I’m guessing Touchdown Tommy has Evil Knievel lineage, like half the other kids in Butte. The other 50% are related.

56BISON73
12-22-2021, 02:16 AM

Fuckin classic!

Whats interesting is we usually get to Frisco on Late Monday night so we have a couple of days to hit some of our favorite restaurants a couple of days before
everyone else shows up. It is not unusual for the manager to come by or table and engage us in conversation. One manager apologized for having the opposing teams swag up at the bar telling us corporate made them do it. Another interesting fact is the two big money days for the waitstaff is New Years Eve and when the Bison come to town. More waitstaff want to work when the Bison come to town . Not only because we spend a lot of money and tip well its because we are a heck of a lot of fun. I hear that every year we go down.

Then they always ask----when is everyone else going to show up? :D

scottietohottie
12-22-2021, 02:26 AM
I’m guessing Touchdown Tommy has Evil Knievel lineage, like half the other kids in Butte. The other 50% are related.

I'm guessing I'm related to super Dave.

TAILG8R
12-22-2021, 03:07 AM
I'm guessing I'm related to super Dave.Luckeeee

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride
12-22-2021, 03:23 AM
Luckeeee

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Think he can toss a football a quarter mile?

El_Chapo
12-22-2021, 03:26 AM
Tommy Boy will be in the fetal position about drive #2. he has no idea what's coming.
NDSU absolutely pummels these guys, pointless even going to Frisco to be honest...

NDSU 38 MSU 13

gavin2126
12-22-2021, 04:04 AM
Tommy Boy will be in the fetal position about drive #2. he has no idea what's coming.
NDSU absolutely pummels these guys, pointless even going to Frisco to be honest...

NDSU 38 MSU 13

We aren't scoring 38 points against the Bobcats. I'll be happy to wrong but I'm not seeing it. This will look a lot like the first Sammy game in Frisco or the first JMU game in Frisco.

El_Chapo
12-22-2021, 04:06 AM
NDSU'S DL & 3 LBS will force the panic button early. I'm predicting pick 6 & fumble 6.

scottietohottie
12-22-2021, 04:08 AM
NDSU'S DL & 3 LBS will force the panic button early. I'm predicting pick 6 & fumble 6.

Dude do watch Yellowstone? They have cowboy linebackers bro.

Son of a Bison
12-22-2021, 04:16 AM
He is a covid Freshman, joined the program fall of 2020, MSU didn't play spring season. His eligibility is as a true freshman but has an extra year without any games. He played in almost all games, on several special teams and as a wildcat QB. Started getting more time at QB later in the season but only had a few passes in the regular season

Appreciate insight. I did not know this info and was really impressed when they said true freshman I just assumed only on campus about 6 months not 18. Big difference 6 months vs 18 but now get that he has limited QB games reps. But he is same age class as Cam Miller who did have some struggles in the spring, was not named the starter this fall but now is our leader. Not sure what special teams he played but not sure what else a QB can do than hold for XP??

Wonder if this COVID season allows the all time QB win record to be in reach.

El_Chapo
12-22-2021, 04:55 AM
Dude do watch Yellowstone? They have cowboy linebackers bro.

they are more broke back mountain than Yellowstone. it's soft ass Bozeman we are talking about. wearing thier Birkenbockers around town . #BozemanSoft in 2010 they were literally handing over thier women to us at Crystal Bar..

here mighty Bison fan... take them....

bruinbison
12-22-2021, 05:49 AM
Injury Updates from Monday

Victor Flores
@VictorFlores406
Dec 20

@bvigen said there’s “a real possibility” that #MSUBobcatsFB injured RB Isaiah Ifanse, NT Chase Benson and DB Ty Okada could be back for the FCS title game against North Dakota State on Jan. 8.

He also said LB Nolan Askelson, who’s been out for two months, could return.

Herd
12-22-2021, 09:13 AM

If they were FCS, Cincinnati (1) would be hosting Alabama (4), and everyone would be shocked when Alabama won by 21.

tjbison
12-22-2021, 10:15 AM

NDSU 38 MSU 13

You have way more confidence in TR than I do. He will find a a group of plays that work for a series, then turn the page and go to the , "things we never did before so maybe run them in the most critical game of the year" section of the playbook.

If TR and Hedberg pull their heads out of their asses and call a game to our strengths without trying a bunch of shit and trickery we win easily, also I sure hope our special teams line up and just fucking run the play, pre snap 9 people running around from one formation to another is completely unnecessary and doesn't fool anyone, just adds to the probability of penalties/confusion/blown plays.

LINE UP AND PLAY OUR BRAND!

oldmantutters
12-22-2021, 10:28 AM
Take "Touchdown" Tommy to the train station.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
12-22-2021, 11:06 AM
You have way more confidence in TR than I do. He will find a a group of plays that work for a series, then turn the page and go to the , "things we never did before so maybe run them in the most critical game of the year" section of the playbook.

If TR and Hedberg pull their heads out of their asses and call a game to our strengths without trying a bunch of shit and trickery we win easily, also I sure hope our special teams line up and just fucking run the play, pre snap 9 people running around from one formation to another is completely unnecessary and doesn't fool anyone, just adds to the probability of penalties/confusion/blown plays.

LINE UP AND PLAY OUR BRAND!

Will TR bring in QP to run on third down or will Cam be in shotgun empty backfield and run on third down?

tjbison
12-22-2021, 11:36 AM
Will TR bring in QP to run on third down or will Cam be in shotgun empty backfield and run on third down?

Well, put on film that QP can't catch, can't hit the short to Intermediate pass, so guessing the D will really T up when he is in now, as he literally proved all he can do is run

Or sling the 50yd bomb to Watson

Bison Bridge Guy
12-22-2021, 01:10 PM
Take "Touchdown" Tommy to the train station.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Sign idea - "Bobcats are going to the train station" over a picture of Rip with a menacing glare.

WeAreThePride
12-22-2021, 01:19 PM
Sign idea - "Bobcats are going to the train station" over a picture of Rip with a menacing glare.

Just write Train Station. The people that get it will get it.

Bison Bridge Guy
12-22-2021, 01:23 PM

Train Station Time

MNLonghorn10
12-22-2021, 01:24 PM

Never heard of these puds

WeAreThePride
12-22-2021, 01:27 PM
24-21 NDSU. I think that Tommy kid finds the endzone 3 times, once through the air and twice on the ground. But he also throws a red zone pick that ends up being the crucial play, gives NDSU a short field and 7 almost free points.

Roll Herd.

cats2506
12-22-2021, 01:48 PM
Appreciate insight. I did not know this info and was really impressed when they said true freshman I just assumed only on campus about 6 months not 18. Big difference 6 months vs 18 but now get that he has limited QB games reps. But he is same age class as Cam Miller who did have some struggles in the spring, was not named the starter this fall but now is our leader. Not sure what special teams he played but not sure what else a QB can do than hold for XP??

Wonder if this COVID season allows the all time QB win record to be in reach.

He was on almost all the ST teams, Gunner on punts, on the KO, recorded some good tackles on those teams, I think he was on punt and kickoff return too, but not as a return man, blocking mostly. He earned the respect of his team by willing to do anything to help the team.

ndsubison1
12-22-2021, 01:56 PM

Good. Bring on the competition.

gavin2126
12-22-2021, 01:59 PM

IMO Benson is the most important of these 3 for the Bobcats.

ndsubison1
12-22-2021, 02:04 PM
Never heard of these puds

52-10 Cats.

Son of a Bison
12-22-2021, 04:15 PM
He was on almost all the ST teams, Gunner on punts, on the KO, recorded some good tackles on those teams, I think he was on punt and kickoff return too, but not as a return man, blocking mostly. He earned the respect of his team by willing to do anything to help the team.

Not sure I have ever heard of a QB doing all these things. I respect that approach.

CAS4127
12-22-2021, 05:48 PM
Lots of talk about Cats having to practice/prepare outside in snow and cold. Did we have anything indoors/bubble in our early Natty runs? Can’t remember when Bubble was purchased??

Bisonguy
12-22-2021, 05:53 PM
Lots of talk about Cats having to practice/prepare outside in snow and cold. Did we have anything indoors/bubble in our early Natty runs? Can’t remember when Bubble was purchased??

The bubble went up November 2014

CAS4127
12-22-2021, 05:58 PM
The bubble went up November 2014

Thanks. Had memories of us practicing/preparing in snow/wind and colder temps than what Bozeman has this time of year, but couldn’t remember when Bubble became available.

1998braves64
12-22-2021, 06:14 PM
Thanks. Had memories of us practicing/preparing in snow/wind and colder temps than what Bozeman has this time of year, but couldn’t remember when Bubble became available.

We practiced outside in the "blizzard" the week before MSU game in 2010:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbwsWQ6BuhSSQX3fcPmTluQ5nEZwJ8u nf4jg&usqp=CAU

Alsen
12-22-2021, 06:25 PM
Just watched the game with the Grizz. It looked like a completely different team than the one that played SDSU; but again, their secondary looks just horrible.
I really hope we are working on downfield passing routes. If we can get our guys the ball past their LB's it could get ugly real quick. If Watson plays it could be a total mismatch.

marenlee
12-22-2021, 07:41 PM
I’m pretty sure there were at least a couple practices in the Alerus Center too. Hate to bring that up. Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EC8CH
12-22-2021, 07:46 PM
I’m pretty sure there were at least a couple practices in the Alerus Center too. Hate to bring that up. Gross.

Luckily it's always available in late December.

Twincitybizon
12-22-2021, 08:02 PM
Watching the 2019 game really makes you appreciate that team. Watson and Cox were the fastest kids alive. Two NFL OT are nice. Jimmy football nuff said. That Tuszka guy is alright. And some kid named Lance seemed pretty special. Jeez that team was good

Answer Guy
12-22-2021, 08:10 PM

As I recall it, they had the Alerus lined up but never used it?

totoinfl
12-22-2021, 08:16 PM

Did you have to slog uphill to and from the practice field too?

DCinOK
12-22-2021, 09:40 PM
The absurdity of covid quarantines and what they're doing to sports for two years now has me concerned. Just please stop the idiocy.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32924158/college-football-playoff-champion-crowned-via-covid-related-forfeit-says-new-policy

scottietohottie
12-22-2021, 09:42 PM
The absurdity of covid quarantines and what they're doing to sports for two years now has me concerned. Just please stop the idiocy.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32924158/college-football-playoff-champion-crowned-via-covid-related-forfeit-says-new-policy

That's one way to keep Cincinnati in there g5 place.

NDSU1980
12-22-2021, 09:47 PM

They used it. The story was that when the coaches went to GF those that were going with Bohl to Wyoming went in one van and those that were staying with Klieman rode in the other vehicle. Bohl caused so much bitterness with the way he handled his departure that the coaches couldn't even ride together.

CAS4127
12-22-2021, 09:51 PM
Did you have to slog uphill to and from the practice field too?

Read thread comments for context please. Pretty clear I’m talking about FCS NATTY era, but whatever ...

cats2506
12-22-2021, 10:01 PM

That would be a pretty crappy way to hang a banner

DCinOK
12-22-2021, 10:35 PM
That would be a pretty crappy way to hang a banner

Yes, but tell me this is not the biggest threat to another Bison Natty.

https://www.outkick.com/tamu-forced-out-of-gator-bowl-thanks-to-ridiculous-covid-rule/

Texas A&M out of their bowl game due to corona stupidity.

tjbison
12-22-2021, 10:52 PM
Amazing, a full year of no issues due to this rona BD until Bowl and playoffs...what a joke

The_Sicatoka
12-22-2021, 10:59 PM
The NFL and NFLPA got it right: Quit testing vaccinated, asymptomatic people.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32911909/nfl-covid-19-protocol-changes-week-15-postponed-games-new-testing-return-play-rules-nfl-navigate-omicron-variant

The_Sicatoka
12-22-2021, 11:02 PM
The biggest threat to NDSU in the upcoming game: Brent Vigen and what he knows about NDSU and how to prepare for it.

IndyBison
12-22-2021, 11:13 PM
Amazing, a full year of no issues due to this rona BD until Bowl and playoffs...what a jokeTo be fair numbers were down most of the Fall and there is now a massive spike globally. Teams are going to experience some of that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
12-22-2021, 11:29 PM
The biggest threat to NDSU in the upcoming game: Brent Vigen and what he knows about NDSU and how to prepare for it.

Bullshit. Biggest threat is the law of averages and regression to the mean.

Bison 4 Life
12-22-2021, 11:34 PM
Bullshit. Biggest threat is the law of averages and regression to the mean.

Not like it’s a big secret or anything

56BISON73
12-22-2021, 11:51 PM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32911909/nfl-covid-19-protocol-changes-week-15-postponed-games-new-testing-return-play-rules-nfl-navigate-omicron-variant

:nod::nod::nod::nod:

tjbison
12-23-2021, 12:32 AM

what exactly does Vigen know about this current team??? he has been gone since 2013

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2021, 01:01 AM

Right. Because a)they can’t spread it and b) no impact to NFL schedules so it’s working great!

KSBisonFan
12-23-2021, 01:53 AM

Kinda like your team come playoffs......

JCEE1990
12-23-2021, 04:08 AM

Wood Chipper 9 > Train Station

El_Chapo
12-23-2021, 04:36 AM
Right. Because a)they can’t spread it and b) no impact to NFL schedules so it’s working great!

its all.over the place now.
triple Vaxxers gave it to me. so games over
NOW back to this vigen shit. he don't know squat about NDSU anymore, in fact I predict by 3rd quarter he's gonna be looking across the field going..

"Dam, that's my Alma Mater kicking my ass"

El_Chapo
12-23-2021, 04:37 AM
holy crap. Montana. State board has a Thunderstruck thread?? and are mocking NDSU for using it?

wuuutttt??

mtoutfitter
12-23-2021, 05:03 AM
holy crap. Montana. State board has a Thunderstruck thread?? and are mocking NDSU for using it?

wuuutttt??

They weren't mocking NDSU until you jumped in and opened your mouth.

NDSU92
12-23-2021, 05:47 AM
They weren't mocking NDSU until you jumped in and opened your mouth.

Surprise, surprise the UND fan trolling as a fake NDSU fan is a bad advocate for us. Who would’ve thought?

ndsubison1
12-23-2021, 02:19 PM

Dont worry, more mass testing will help

ndsubison1
12-23-2021, 02:22 PM

Make exceptions for the vaccinated? Weird.

ndsubison1
12-23-2021, 02:23 PM

Vigens been gone for awhile, doubt that will matter

Twincitybizon
12-23-2021, 04:11 PM
Vigens been gone for awhile, doubt that will matter

Would think it matters more that he's a good coach, than that he coached at ndsu 8 years ago

bisonaudit
12-23-2021, 06:41 PM
Dont worry, more mass testing will help

They aren’t changing the testing protocols, unlike the NFL who is testing less going forward.

EC8CH
12-23-2021, 09:41 PM
Hope they paint the endzones with the teams colors again. Noticed they didn't do that in the * season and haven't for these truly incredible FBS bowl games.

Professor Chaos
12-23-2021, 09:51 PM
Hope they paint the endzones with the teams colors again. Noticed they didn't do that in the * season and haven't for these truly incredible FBS bowl games.
I heard that was because it was futbol season and they didn't want to sully the field with those ugly orange and blue colors...

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2021, 09:54 PM

Look at the turf when they show a field close up.

Herd
12-23-2021, 10:01 PM
They aren’t changing the testing protocols, unlike the NFL who is testing less going forward.

Michigan getting the booster shot as a team. That should be enough to propel them into paper championship game. Cincinnati’s 99% Vax rate defeats Alabama, and Cincy set to face Michigan for the championship.

EC8CH
12-23-2021, 10:08 PM
Look at the turf when they show a field close up.

Typical short soccer turf that looks all tore up.

bisonaudit
12-23-2021, 10:10 PM
Michigan getting the booster shot as a team. That should be enough to propel them into paper championship game. Cincinnati’s 99% Vax rate defeats Alabama, and Cincy set to face Michigan for the championship.

Sure, if enough of your team is some combination of dumb, undisciplined or unlucky then you're out.

bisonaudit
12-23-2021, 10:28 PM

Suspect it’s some combination of the season and the composition of the subsurface. Should get two weeks after today to repair/regrow/heal. But yeah, not designed to stand up to giants colliding. Designed to be played on damp as well not bone dry.

EC8CH
12-24-2021, 01:14 AM
Who we playing again?

https://i.imgflip.com/5yy24b.jpg

StL Bison Fan
12-24-2021, 01:32 AM

The turf is growing in a sand base. It is a species that stands up to allow a soccer player to kick the ball.
Yes, I had turf science. As a forester, I dislike grass.

DakotaOkie
12-24-2021, 01:39 PM
who we playing again?

ouch !

IndyBison
12-24-2021, 03:34 PM
The turf is growing in a sand base. It is a species that stands up to allow a soccer player to kick the ball.
Yes, I had turf science. As a forester, I dislike grass.Grass is actually a weed we choose to grow correct?

Kevin
12-24-2021, 03:49 PM
Grass is actually a weed we choose to grow correct?

Lakes is the weed we chose.

mtoutfitter
12-24-2021, 03:57 PM

An (Ob)noxious weed.

Gully
12-24-2021, 04:04 PM
Grass is actually a weed we choose to grow correct?

A weed is a plant out of place.

EC8CH
12-24-2021, 04:07 PM

He's the weed we deserve.

SafeTeeJ
12-24-2021, 05:26 PM
Co-Champs this year?

I see the Hawai Bowl was canceled. More to follow?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-24-2021, 06:19 PM
I'm guessing I'm related to super Dave.

Did you shit in your helmet as well?

StL Bison Fan
12-24-2021, 06:32 PM

I like this definition.

tcbison
12-24-2021, 06:44 PM

Or a plant that they haven't found a good use for yet!

Gully
12-24-2021, 06:50 PM
I like this definition.

Thank you NDSU Plant Sciences classes...or as we called them back in the day, "crop and weed sciences".

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-24-2021, 10:26 PM
Who we playing again?

It really doesn't matter you would beat the ever living shit out of either of them

DCinOK
12-24-2021, 10:42 PM
Co-Champs this year?

I see the Hawai Bowl was canceled. More to follow?

It's not ridiculous that this paranoid absurdity would radically impact the FCS Championship game. What in the Wide World of Sports are people doing??!! We have lost our ever-loving minds.

DCinOK
12-24-2021, 10:44 PM
https://twitter.com/wyo_football/status/1474432353888260099?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1474432353888260099%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

This is the absurdity of the Transfer Portal. Bohl advertising for a new QB. Thank you to fools who have done irreparable damage to College Footbal.

NDSU92
12-24-2021, 10:52 PM
https://twitter.com/wyo_football/status/1474432353888260099?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1474432353888260099%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

This is the absurdity of the Transfer Portal. Bohl advertising for a new QB. Thank you to fools who have done irreparable damage to College Footbal.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Folks are trading being essentially guaranteed a free college education, for getting a free lesson in the grass not always being greener. Really sad.

NDSUBowler
12-25-2021, 12:25 AM

Oh boo hoo…

EC8CH
12-25-2021, 01:22 AM
Reading the bobcat board, they talk about a time that a Griz fan threw human feces on their players. It makes me wonder, how did they know the feces were human?

GSUsTALON
12-25-2021, 01:30 AM

The only real question is how many points the Bison will win by in the NC!!!

TALON

UncleBuck
12-25-2021, 02:08 AM
Who we playing again?

Well it could have been worse.

bisoningrandforks
12-25-2021, 03:50 AM
The only real question is how many points the Bison will win by in the NC!!!

TALON

17.......score....34-17

td577
12-25-2021, 04:51 AM
Statistically, this Bison defense is one of the best of all time. This is with a mid-season of a decimated linebacker crew.

I am not sure this is as appreciated as it should be. This is against mostly mvfc programs who spend almost all of their recruiting and strategy resources gunning for the top program in the conference.

I do think NDSU is going to kick the shit out of msu.

NDSU92
12-25-2021, 04:21 PM
Statistically, this Bison defense is one of the best of all time. This is with a mid-season of a decimated linebacker crew.

I am not sure this is as appreciated as it should be. This is against mostly mvfc programs who spend almost all of their recruiting and strategy resources gunning for the top program in the conference.

I do think NDSU is going to kick the shit out of msu.

I think it’ll be very close and very low scoring. Thinking 17-14 or 14-10 type.

NDSU defense is for real. NDSU offense can be if it’s hitting right.

GSUsTALON
12-25-2021, 04:23 PM
17.......score....34-17

TD577 stated - "Statistically, this Bison defense is one of the best of all time. This is with a mid-season of a decimated linebacker crew. I am not sure this is as appreciated as it should be. This is against mostly mvfc programs who spend almost all of their recruiting and strategy resources gunning for the top program in the conference.
I do think NDSU is going to kick the shit out of msu."

TALON'S SCORE PREDICTION

Bison 35+ to Montana State's 17 points

Kevin
12-25-2021, 04:57 PM
I’d rather we be playing in a bowl game tbh.

scottietohottie
12-25-2021, 05:04 PM

I wish Montana and sdsu were playing in the little brother bowl. They did give their big brothers a bloody nose eh.

GSUsTALON
12-25-2021, 05:55 PM

I wish Montana and sdsu were playing in the little brother bowl. They did give their big brothers a bloody nose eh.

I am not allowed to post my opinions on the 2 posts above. It just gets me in trouble!

Kevin
12-25-2021, 06:14 PM
My penis has accepted an invite to the Lakesbison’s Mom’s Vagina Bowl.

mtoutfitter
12-25-2021, 06:16 PM
My penis has accepted an invite to the Lakesbison’s Mom’s Vagina Bowl.

Sponsored by Armour All for extra protection?

Kevin
12-25-2021, 06:26 PM
Sponsored by Armour All for extra protection?

Yeah but I guarantee it’ll be over by half time.

MNoodles
12-25-2021, 06:39 PM
Yeah but I guarantee it’ll be over by half time.

Does it have a bigger capacity than Toyota Stadium?

Kevin
12-25-2021, 07:05 PM
Does it have a bigger capacity than Toyota Stadium?

Yeah bro penn state style.

td577
12-25-2021, 07:31 PM
My penis has accepted an invite to the Lakesbison’s Mom’s Vagina Bowl.Whose hasn't?

gavin2126
12-25-2021, 07:52 PM
My penis has accepted an invite to the Lakesbison’s Mom’s Vagina Bowl.Make sure your not #Moorheadsoft bro

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

GSUsTALON
12-25-2021, 08:44 PM
,,,,,,,,My penis has accepted an invite to the Lakesbison’s Mom’s Vagina Bowl.

KEVEN, now that just wrong saying that about a fellow Bison fan! Although I will remember that for next year on another board!

GreenfieldBison
12-25-2021, 09:05 PM
KEVEN, now that just wrong saying that about a fellow Bison fan! Although I will remember that for next year on another board!

Kev will tell you that strict adherence to that whole “right-wrong” thing is a boomer anachronism Talon.

Kevin
12-25-2021, 09:33 PM

Don’t let the name fool you bro.

He’s a gopher fan.

GSUsTALON
12-25-2021, 09:45 PM
Don’t let the name fool you bro.

He’s a gopher fan.

I do like the Gopher Fans. They are the only P5 team that showed me any respect and that they could take a punch, roll with it and shoot back without getting mad!
***I even reminded to them that they lost to the FCS Bison and didn't get thrown off their board!

tjamz
12-26-2021, 01:00 AM
Thank you NDSU Plant Sciences classes...or as we called them back in the day, "crop and weed sciences".I too studied weed science in college. But it's all a blur now.

It's as if it all went up in smoke.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
12-26-2021, 02:23 AM
I too studied weed science in college. But it's all a blur now.

It's as if it all went up in smoke.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Dont think we don’t see what you did there

tjamz
12-26-2021, 04:02 AM
Dont think we don’t see what you did there

I have no idea what you're talking about! :innocent:

missingnumber7
12-26-2021, 06:18 PM
Check this out!

tony
12-27-2021, 03:44 PM
I rewatched the MSU-SDSU game and that defense looks really good. I mean, Isaiah Davis, 9 rushes for 13 yards and he's one of the best backs I've seen play against NDSU.

On the flip side, some of the lengths the SDSU QB went to avoid contact made me think he chose the wrong sport.

Hansel
12-27-2021, 04:49 PM
On the flip side, some of the lengths the SDSU QB went to avoid contact made me think he chose the wrong sport.

My favorite is when he had some open field in front of him and slid several yards short of the first down marker and then made a "first down" motion afterwards. If I remember correctly that slide ended up costing SDSU points.

THEsocalledfan
12-27-2021, 05:27 PM
I rewatched the MSU-SDSU game and that defense looks really good. I mean, Isaiah Davis, 9 rushes for 13 yards and he's one of the best backs I've seen play against NDSU.

Troy Anderson may be the best FCS linebacker to never play for NDSU.

SDbison
12-27-2021, 07:11 PM
Troy Anderson may be the best FCS linebacker to never play for NDSU. One great player won't beat NDSU. If this guy gets so many tackles it tells me the rest of the Montana State defense has issues. i think some of the athletes at NDSU will put a helmet on him and delay his ability to make tackles so he won't be making so many solo stops near the line of scrimmage.

17>1
12-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Troy Anderson may be the best FCS linebacker to never play for NDSU.

I always enjoy watching great players at this level of college football that maybe have a shot at the NFL. Looking forward to seeing how he does against the Bison, hope we're able to scheme away from him and limit his overall effect on this game.

Twincitybizon
12-27-2021, 08:08 PM
I always enjoy watching great players at this level of college football that maybe have a shot at the NFL. Looking forward to seeing how he does against the Bison, hope we're able to scheme away from him and limit his overall effect on this game.

I'm a bit concerned about them run blitzing him. When he slices through the line he gets there FAST

westnodak93bison
12-27-2021, 08:17 PM
I'm a bit concerned about them run blitzing him. When he slices through the line he gets there FASTI'm more concerned about our OC being too stubborn to run outside the tackles.

TAILG8R
12-27-2021, 08:36 PM
Over/Under on how many designed QB runs the Bison run in this game? I'll set it at 14.

Twincitybizon
12-27-2021, 08:38 PM
I'm more concerned about our OC being too stubborn to run outside the tackles.

If anything I think running side to side is a strength of their lbs lol. They're fast and athletic. Run right at them And PA from under center to TE. Put them in conflict to negate what they're good at

Twincitybizon
12-27-2021, 08:39 PM
Over/Under on how many designed QB runs the Bison run in this game? I'll set it at 14.

Put me down for under. Designed not QB scrambles. If u counting all QB runs then I'm on the over

TAILG8R
12-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Put me down for under. Designed not QB scrambles. If u counting all QB runs then I'm on the over

I think QP will get 5-6 alone. Just my hunch as TR seems to love him some 3rd and Quincy.

tony
12-27-2021, 08:42 PM
If anything I think running side to side is a strength of their lbs lol. They're fast and athletic. Run right at them And PA from under center to TE. Put them in conflict to negate what they're good at

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too... I don't see much benefit to running outside against them until (if things go right) later in the game.

Bisonwinagn
12-27-2021, 10:22 PM
Need to stop the 50/50 passes and I think the Defense will be in good shape. Confident they will shut down the run with 2 weeks to prepare. Combined with some long scoring drives for the Bison and limited possessions should hold them to 13 pts or less.

TAILG8R
12-27-2021, 10:40 PM
Need to stop the 50/50 passes and I think the Defense will be in good shape. Confident they will shut down the run with 2 weeks to prepare. Combined with some long scoring drives for the Bison and limited possessions should hold them to 13 pts or less.

I think this D can stop MSU's offense and even touchdown Tommy will have a rough day. He may get a few timely runs but I don't think he will be able to carry the offense against this crew. Their D looks to be legit so I am more concerned about our offenses ability to score more than 17. On the other hand we CAN be so multidimensional that if things click it could get ugly for MSU. I think there is about a 20% chance that happens.

1998braves64
12-27-2021, 11:05 PM
One great player won't beat NDSU. If this guy gets so many tackles it tells me the rest of the Montana State defense has issues. i think some of the athletes at NDSU will put a helmet on him and delay his ability to make tackles so he won't be making so many solo stops near the line of scrimmage.

And how would this be any different than Grant Olson getting 29 tackles against Wofford in 2012? There were a bunch of studs on that D and he still had to make 29 tackles. Maybe MSU defense was keyed up so that he'd get the tackles just like NDSU was against Wofford. Or perhaps it was just way he played the game against SDSU which IMO is still a cause for concern here because a few well timed tackles can still stop a drive or two or 3. And our OC has struggled with stubborness a few times this year.

I was impressed with their overall defense pass was a bit suspect but SDSU wasn't able to take advantage of that much. I'd say overall season stats their D is not far off from NDSUs. I think it'll be a good game though. Be curious if Tommy Mellot can pick up on NDSU defense as NDSU usually does a pretty good job of disguising their coverage presnap. Sure they'll have lots of things up their sleeves for him due to his somewhat inexperience with gametime snaps, unfortunately they have a guy who is their HC who went up against that every day in practice for 4-5 years, albeit nearly 8-9 years ago.

THEsocalledfan
12-28-2021, 12:18 PM
If anyone doubts Troy Anderson's ability, watch the 4th down stop they had of SDSU in the red zone in half #1. It was like 4th and one, and they ran Strong to the right trying to hit the outside, or cut up for the single yard. It basically ended up with Anderson 1 on 1 with Strong, and with most linebackers, Strong easily gets the yard he needs. Anderson ended up tackling him immediately making it look easy against probably the best back in FCS. That was so impressive.

westnodak93bison
12-28-2021, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too... I don't see much benefit to running outside against them until (if things go right) later in the game.We need balance. A good D can stuff a one dimensional running attack

westnodak93bison
12-28-2021, 12:52 PM
I think this D can stop MSU's offense and even touchdown Tommy will have a rough day. He may get a few timely runs but I don't think he will be able to carry the offense against this crew. Their D looks to be legit so I am more concerned about our offenses ability to score more than 17. On the other hand we CAN be so multidimensional that if things click it could get ugly for MSU. I think there is about a 20% chance that happens.Agree, we need balance in our O

Professor Chaos
12-28-2021, 12:58 PM
Allotment request notifications are sent out today. Looking back at previous years they've waited until 1-3PM CT to send out the emails so for anyone wondering you'll probably be waiting a few hours longer still.

Gully
12-28-2021, 01:10 PM
Allotment request notifications are sent out today. Looking back at previous years they've waited until 1-3PM CT to send out the emails so for anyone wondering you'll probably be waiting a few hours longer still.

Ugh. Seems like there would be a way to get this done more quickly. It seems like a month ago that we requested tickets.

NDSU92
12-28-2021, 01:48 PM
And how would this be any different than Grant Olson getting 29 tackles against Wofford in 2012? There were a bunch of studs on that D and he still had to make 29 tackles. Maybe MSU defense was keyed up so that he'd get the tackles just like NDSU was against Wofford. Or perhaps it was just way he played the game against SDSU which IMO is still a cause for concern here because a few well timed tackles can still stop a drive or two or 3. And our OC has struggled with stubborness a few times this year.

I was impressed with their overall defense pass was a bit suspect but SDSU wasn't able to take advantage of that much. I'd say overall season stats their D is not far off from NDSUs. I think it'll be a good game though. Be curious if Tommy Mellot can pick up on NDSU defense as NDSU usually does a pretty good job of disguising their coverage presnap. Sure they'll have lots of things up their sleeves for him due to his somewhat inexperience with gametime snaps, unfortunately they have a guy who is their HC who went up against that every day in practice for 4-5 years, albeit nearly 8-9 years ago.

I mean wofford only had one guy on offense and it was their fullback. Their “triple option” was to hand it off to Bernstein every play.

The Anderson kid is legit. I don’t know anything about the rest of their defense though. Also don’t know what happens if you run Luepke Williams and QP at him all game.

MontBison
12-28-2021, 01:54 PM
If anyone doubts Troy Anderson's ability, watch the 4th down stop they had of SDSU in the red zone in half #1. It was like 4th and one, and they ran Strong to the right trying to hit the outside, or cut up for the single yard. It basically ended up with Anderson 1 on 1 with Strong, and with most linebackers, Strong easily gets the yard he needs. Anderson ended up tackling him immediately making it look easy against probably the best back in FCS. That was so impressive.

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face Anderson will easily be the best player on the field. He’s a legit nfl talent but has a bum shoulder.

Professor Chaos
12-28-2021, 01:55 PM
I mean wofford only had one guy on offense and it was their fullback. Their “triple option” was to hand it off to Bernstein every play.

The Anderson kid is legit. I don’t know anything about the rest of their defense though. Also don’t know what happens if you run Luepke Williams and QP at him all game.
Their d-line is elite and they should be getting their 1st team all-Big Sky DT back for this game. I think their secondary is questionable... they've done well with interceptions but tackling has been pretty sketchy in the games of theirs that I've watched.

Big question for me is whether the SDSU game is fool's gold (IOW the Jacks just ran out of gas) or if MSU is really that good in the trenches because they did better against the SDSU lines (which are elite on both sides) than NDSU did. The season averages would indicate to me that MSU's defense is good but not as good as they looked against SDSU.

gavin2126
12-28-2021, 01:58 PM

It was actually against Isaiah Davis, which is equally as impressive.

EC8CH
12-28-2021, 02:19 PM

Excited to get my dear John notice living life with a ranking in the low 3,000's. I'll have to think of an alternative allotment scheme like Bobcat fans for when I get turned down.

Gully
12-28-2021, 02:54 PM
My goodness this should be an exciting game. I haven't been so amped about a game for some time.

EC8CH
12-28-2021, 03:12 PM
My goodness this should be an exciting game. I haven't been so amped about a game for some time.

NDSU team with some question marks that you don't expect to just bulldoze teams plus a new opponent in Frisco with a solid NFL talent at LB and a new up and comer at QB makes for some new lines of interest.

BisonAccountant44
12-28-2021, 03:45 PM
Excited to get my dear John notice living life with a ranking in the low 3,000's. I'll have to think of an alternative allotment scheme like Bobcat fans for when I get turned down.Does anyone remember what the cutoff was last time?

This is the first time I've even considered that I might be close enough to request from NDSU. I finally passed that 100 point mark this year, and am around 2,400. I'm still expecting a no, but hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
12-28-2021, 03:46 PM
Does anyone remember what the cutoff was last time?

This is the first time I've even considered that I might be close enough to request from NDSU. I finally passed that 100 point mark this year, and am around 2,400. I'm still expecting a no, but hopeful.

https://media.tenor.com/images/8d892e92c37831ef3ba9dc4c491b2c67/tenor.png

bisonfanette
12-28-2021, 05:03 PM
Does anyone remember what the cutoff was last time?

Around that 300 point mark is what I was thinking. Not exactly sure, maybe 280 something… I received my full request last time but I’m not too hopeful this year.