PDA

View Full Version : Texas recruits for the Bison

MangyOldBison
12-18-2021, 02:43 PM
Bison should step up efforts to pick up some of these small town Texas kids, as they would fit the Bison profile nicely like this Coy Eakin of Stephenville, Texas and many others who would fit right in to Bison toughness, smart play, and other qualities.

Bring them to Frisco and Fargo and sign ‘em up!

https://scorebooklive.com/footballa/2021/12/17/strong-start-powers-coy-eakin-stephenville-past-austin-lbj-for-4a-di-football-state-championship/

El_Chapo
12-18-2021, 03:51 PM
Braylon Henderson going home for this...

MangyOldBison
12-18-2021, 07:29 PM
Braylon Henderson going home for this...

Great entertainment value for football fans Chapo! A full day (3 games) of Texas Prep championships for $20 at ATT stadium. Goes on through today and started on Wednesday. Maybe Braylon can reel a few of the Bison worthy recruits in!

https://www.uiltexas.org/football/state/results

bruinbison
12-18-2021, 07:55 PM
NDSU did sign DB Ryan Jones in the ‘21 class

https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/ryan-jones/17542

iirc Coach Pauley is the recruiter for the Frisco area.
A few years ago the Bison decided to try and take advantage of their many January trips to Frisco, but Coach Entz has said it’s going to be a limited, targeted area they recruit, rather than spreading themselves too thin. Similar to the Atlanta & Tampa Bay areas they previously were/are recruiting.

Nice offer list
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ryan-Jones-138724/RecruitInterests/

MangyOldBison
12-18-2021, 08:16 PM

A few years ago the Bison decided to try and take advantage of their many January trips to Frisco, but Coach Entz has said it’s going to be a limited, targeted area they recruit, rather than spreading themselves too thin. Similar to the Atlanta & Tampa Bay areas they previously were/are recruiting.

Nice offer list

Looks like a very good get as well! And won’t find a better engineering education anywhere!

Would love to see them focus on the smaller town kids from the farm and ranch and outlying areas. West Texas, East Texas, Central and South outside of the megaplexes and focus on 4A and below. (The big cities are hit hard by everybody everywhere). The type kids who would still consider themselves as the biggest hicks in the room even in Fargo, who can be coached up and have a work ethic and attitude that has been the hallmark of a lot of great Bison players. I think that if the Bison could get a foothold in some of those tradition rich, whole community supported areas, they would have a lot of success with the natural attraction those athletes would have to a program, education, and culture like NDSU has built and truly owns. Just seems like it would be a natural, easy, win-win fit.

bruinbison
12-18-2021, 08:33 PM
Montana State likes recruiting the Dallas area also, so they will really enjoy getting to Frisco also

MangyOldBison
12-18-2021, 09:14 PM
Montana State likes recruiting the Dallas area also, so they will really enjoy getting to Frisco also

They have a long ways to go to try to catch the Bison on that one tho (getting to Frisco that is). :cheers: I think that the Bison and the FCS/NCAA need to put a lot of heat on Frisco to deliver a better product in any case. Especially at 13 bucks a beer. Plenty of venues in Texas that would be delighted to have that championship, and that have plenty to offer.

MangyOldBison
12-19-2021, 03:47 AM

Nice offer list

A very huge part of any recruiting discussion for the Bison is the wonderful job they have already done year in and year out of bringing in quality, smart, coachable student athletes willing to do the work and buy into a great program and school, and then helping them become the very best that they can be. And they have done it efficiently and a lot closer to home like you suggest here! Which has made the run and records all the more sweet and memorable! :judges:

CAS4127
12-19-2021, 05:17 AM
The worst recruiting that could happen for either school would be for recruit and family to be behind Entz and Vigen in a BBQ smorgasbord setting. There might be some green beans left behind, but that’s about it.

MangyOldBison
12-19-2021, 06:22 AM
The worst recruiting that could happen for either school would be for recruit and family to be behind Entz and Vigen in a BBQ smorgasbord setting. There might be some green beans left behind, but that’s about it.

LOL! That reminds me of a couple of family members who got kicked out of a Chinese Buffet. The owner came to our table all animated and mad saying, “Why are you stupid guys still here?!! You’ve been here for four hour and haven’t had one vegetable. Get out!!!” I think she put the word out on us, as we later went to a nearby all you can eat BBQ. One of the guys asked how much it cost, and the host told him, “That depends on how much you eat.” :hungry::hungry::hungry:

NodakGreg
12-19-2021, 01:50 PM
They have a long ways to go to try to catch the Bison on that one tho (getting to Frisco that is). :cheers: I think that the Bison and the FCS/NCAA need to put a lot of heat on Frisco to deliver a better product in any case. Especially at 13 bucks a beer. Plenty of venues in Texas that would be delighted to have that championship, and that have plenty to offer.

How about NOT IN FRISCO? A too small 20,000 seat stadium for a National Title Game? Seriously, why not Cowboy Stadium? Indoor, no weather issues to deal with, or San Antonio Dome, or Arizona College fields? For Gods sake, NDSU has brought $$$$$ and limited seats to Frisco for how long....? Out Grown that dinky stadium because it looks nice that its full? For the Love of Jesus, let this National Championship be played in a bigger venue, that allows more fans to attend. I think Frisco is a joke, it was quite obvious that the City can't get a big enough place for Fans to do Pre-Game events either,...cmon its time for the FCS National Championship to be played in a big Indoor venue for fans to travel and know they aren't dealing with 32 degrees and snow or freezing rain up in our country down there. Sorry Frisco but would someone else bid for this Championship to be else where so we can watch 40,000 or 50,000 fans, or at least when the Bison play it could be 40,000 plus attending.....Am I wrong on feeling this way? Who wants to travel 1500 miles to freeze, why not play it in a warm, nice environment for both fans and players?

A little feedback on this I agree this venue is too small....oh but its nice for ESPN to show a FULL stadium because the other FBS worthless Bowl games and stadiums are 2/3rds empty?
Sorry about my rant, but its the truth. Wouldn't it be nice to see this game in Glendale Stadium in AZ? or in California somewhere?

Glad to see off SHSU and JMU into the Abyss of college football....bye bye...hurts the FCS overall losing good rivalries..but what do you do?

Go Bison, tear up the Grass in Frisco, Hoof it up baby!

westnodak93bison
12-19-2021, 02:58 PM
The worst recruiting that could happen for either school would be for recruit and family to be behind Entz and Vigen in a BBQ smorgasbord setting. There might be some green beans left behind, but that’s about it.Lmao! And maybe a chunk of pineapple

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IndyBison
12-19-2021, 04:44 PM
How about NOT IN FRISCO? A too small 20,000 seat stadium for a National Title Game? Seriously, why not Cowboy Stadium? Indoor, no weather issues to deal with, or San Antonio Dome, or Arizona College fields? For Gods sake, NDSU has brought $$$$$ and limited seats to Frisco for how long....? Out Grown that dinky stadium because it looks nice that its full? For the Love of Jesus, let this National Championship be played in a bigger venue, that allows more fans to attend. I think Frisco is a joke, it was quite obvious that the City can't get a big enough place for Fans to do Pre-Game events either,...cmon its time for the FCS National Championship to be played in a big Indoor venue for fans to travel and know they aren't dealing with 32 degrees and snow or freezing rain up in our country down there. Sorry Frisco but would someone else bid for this Championship to be else where so we can watch 40,000 or 50,000 fans, or at least when the Bison play it could be 40,000 plus attending.....Am I wrong on feeling this way? Who wants to travel 1500 miles to freeze, why not play it in a warm, nice environment for both fans and players?

A little feedback on this I agree this venue is too small....oh but its nice for ESPN to show a FULL stadium because the other FBS worthless Bowl games and stadiums are 2/3rds empty?
Sorry about my rant, but its the truth. Wouldn't it be nice to see this game in Glendale Stadium in AZ? or in California somewhere?

Glad to see off SHSU and JMU into the Abyss of college football....bye bye...hurts the FCS overall losing good rivalries..but what do you do?

Go Bison, tear up the Grass in Frisco, Hoof it up baby!There is not demand of Bison fans to get 40-50k fans to this game. There never had been. Maybe 25k at the peak when they were playing JMU. If they game doesn't include NDSU from the first 5 games they struggle to get 15k. The size of the stadium is fine.

I'm glad you acknowledged the venue doesn't change unless someone else bids on it. It's held in Frisco because the Frisco sports organization is the one submitting the bid. They would never host something in another city. That would be like a similar organization in Fargo bidding to host something and having the games in Hillsboro or Maryville.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NDSU92
12-19-2021, 04:50 PM

Why don’t we just play on the moon! That would be epic! Maybe we could have the championship in Estadio Azteca! Think of the history!

I wonder if there’s something else that happens in NFL stadiums on weekends in early January that might make this difficult? Go back to making up crap about locker room issues and Twitter, ya old coot

GreenfieldBison
12-19-2021, 05:59 PM
Why don’t we just play on the moon! That would be epic! Maybe we could have the championship in Estadio Azteca! Think of the history!

I wonder if there’s something else that happens in NFL stadiums on weekends in early January that might make this difficult? Go back to making up crap about locker room issues and Twitter, ya old coot

Not enough O2 on the moon plus hotels are scaaaaaaaarce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1998braves64
12-19-2021, 09:01 PM
That would be like a similar organization in Fargo bidding to host something and having the games in Hillsboro or Maryville.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Aww come on how come you have to dis my (and CAS') town like that, don't think Hillsboro would do a good job hosting?? [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

MangyOldBison
12-20-2021, 12:56 AM

Excellent points! Time for a venue change. Look at the price of a ticket right now. Won’t even be able to afford one of those $13 dollar beers once parked and sat down. Ridiculous and a dang shame to create a false supply and demand situation due to too small of a venue when there are a boatload of more appropriately sized places to go. All that
foolishness serves is the stinkin scalpers.

Frisco has cut a fat hog on this deal for a decade, and it’s time to move on. Advantage to the Dallas area is central location and flights and a lot of venues to consider and to have bid on the privilege of having this championship and cash inflow. Apogee in Denton (30k capacity), the Cotton Bowl, Cowboys stadiums in Frisco and Arlington, Rangers former field, etc. etc.

Outside of Dallas many more very good candidates also as you pointed out!