PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Bison fans

James Madison
12-18-2021, 04:42 AM
Good solid game for the Bison and good luck next week as you go for another title.

Obviously, JMU didn’t bring their A-game and was -2 in turnovers after leading the country in turnover margin this year which was the difference in the game. Wells near TD catch on the fade was really close at the end but he couldn’t quite get his toe down. A game of inches.

That was a great 2nd INT by your DB on a ball that should have been thrown away. The first INT was a pure gift on a severely underthrown ball into double coverage. Terrible throw and terrible read.

Cole Johnson couldn’t handle the big game and looked rattled throughout having happy feet and lack of poise. Cojo had 2 critical picks which matched the amount he had all year. You don’t want to pin the loss on his shoulders, but he put the team in a bad predicament with his play. The noise from the 12th man bothered him and obviously the O-line too with 5 false starts. I think that matches the amount JMU had in the 2016 win at the FargoDome. The home field advantage is tremendous there and something to be proud of as your fans literally impact the game.

I can’t really explain why our coach burned 2 timeouts on offense in the 4th quarter trying to figure out a play call on 3rd and 2. But it isn’t the first time his sphincter has tightened up in a close game. It sure would have been nice to have 2 more timeouts with the ball and a minute to play.

Kudos to your FB for ruling with power running and 2 back breaking receiving TD’s over badly suckered LB’s.
JMU putting 5 D-linemen in the game often was key to stopping the impressive power run game, but when they went back to 4 the FB was too big for the LB’s and DB’s to stop. Game MVP.

Hopefully the Rabbits win tomorrow so you guys can have a chance for revenge against your rival.
Then think about pressuring your administration into moving up to FBS and becoming an instant force. You’ve accomplished more than any other team in FCS history and it is becoming even more watered down with three top programs going FBS next year.

Kevin
12-18-2021, 04:43 AM
*throws streamer*

gavin2126
12-18-2021, 05:01 AM
Good solid game for the Bison and good luck next week as you go for another title.

Obviously, JMU didn’t bring their A-game and was -2 in turnovers after leading the country in turnover margin this year which was the difference in the game. Wells near TD catch on the fade was really close at the end but he couldn’t quite get his toe down. A game of inches.

That was a great 2nd INT by your DB on a ball that should have been thrown away. The first INT was a pure gift on a severely underthrown ball into double coverage. Terrible throw and terrible read.

Cole Johnson couldn’t handle the big game and looked rattled throughout having happy feet and lack of poise. Cojo had 2 critical picks which matched the amount he had all year. You don’t want to pin the loss on his shoulders, but he put the team in a bad predicament with his play. The noise from the 12th man bothered him and obviously the O-line too with 5 false starts. I think that matches the amount JMU had in the 2016 win at the FargoDome. The home field advantage is tremendous there and something to be proud of as your fans literally impact the game.

I can’t really explain why our coach burned 2 timeouts on offense in the 4th quarter trying to figure out a play call on 3rd and 2. But it isn’t the first time his sphincter has tightened up in a close game. It sure would have been nice to have 2 more timeouts with the ball and a minute to play.

Kudos to your FB for ruling with power running and 2 back breaking receiving TD’s over badly suckered LB’s.
JMU putting 5 D-linemen in the game often was key to stopping the impressive power run game, but when they went back to 4 the FB was too big for the LB’s and DB’s to stop. Game MVP.

Hopefully the Rabbits win tomorrow so you guys can have a chance for revenge against your rival.
Then think about pressuring your administration into moving up to FBS and becoming an instant force. You’ve accomplished more than any other team in FCS history and it is becoming even more watered down with three top programs going FBS next year.Very kind words, thank you. The Dukes have definitely been worthy adversaries.

What is Ratke's range on FG's?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

James Madison
12-18-2021, 05:37 AM
He doesn’t have much of a leg, although very accurate as the all time leading Scorer for kickers in the NCAA. I think his longest make if his career is 48 yards.

Your kicker looked like he could have nailed one from 60 yards and I thought the game might go down to a last second kick.
This game confirmed what I thought all season… JMU isn’t as good as they have been in the last 5 years. Probably just one NFL guy this year in DT Mike Greene. NDSU isn’t as good as previous years either. But both are still probably the best 2 teams in FCS with a smaller gap to the next best teams.

I’m always impressed watching the Bison have a great scheme to maximize their personnel and rarely giving away a game due to turnovers.

EC8CH
12-18-2021, 05:38 AM
Next week? That's not how this works.

Bison03
12-18-2021, 06:07 AM
Every JMU fan I have met in Frisco and in Fargo have been great. We get each other. Its one of the greatest playoff rivalries of all time. Classy team and fanbase. Definitely will be a fan of JMU in the FBS. Hope to play again one day!

CAS4127
12-18-2021, 06:11 AM
Every JMU fan I have met in Frisco and in Fargo have been great. We get each other. Its one of the greatest playoff rivalries of all time. Classy team and fanbase. Definitely will be a fan of JMU in the FBS. Hope to play again one day!

Classy? I saw at least 5 JMU players flipping the bird as they left the field. Also, 5-6 JMU players stayed out on the field and stared down NDSU players as they were celebrating, hoping to be engaged and then start something. They were not out there to congratulate or talk. Had NDSU players “acknowledged” them, things would have got ugly.

EC8CH
12-18-2021, 06:17 AM

Wish I shared your experience, but can't say that I have. Worst fanbase besides Bunnies. This OP here though seems like a stand up bro though.

tolnabison
12-18-2021, 12:49 PM

Then think about pressuring your administration into moving up to FBS and becoming an instant force. You’ve accomplished more than any other team in FCS history and it is becoming even more watered down with three top programs going FBS next year.
Don't want to hear JMU didn't bring their A game, and it's a game of inches. Same can be said for NDSU.

Here let me try, NDSU didn't bring their A game. Quincy dropped a walk in touchdown on the throw back. Also Bison settled for a field goal at the end of the first half after having the he ball 1st and goal from the 2. Field goal instead of a TD. 17-0 that game is different. Maybe even over at half. Going off the final score, it would have been over.

BiZon22
12-18-2021, 01:12 PM

Please show me these classy fan? I had a JMU fan kick my beer over in frisco and another one tell me to go f myself after the game sealing pick in frisco. I have had the exact opposite experience personally. One of the worst fan bases I think the bison have ever played

MNLonghorn10
12-18-2021, 01:17 PM
Wish I shared your experience, but can't say that I have. Worst fanbase besides Bunnies. This OP here though seems like a stand up bro though.

lol jack fans are harmless. Why would they be worse than JMU fans?

EC8CH
12-18-2021, 01:34 PM
lol jack fans are harmless. Why would they be worse than JMU fans?

I'm assuming you've been to a game in Brookings before.

BiZon22
12-18-2021, 01:40 PM

They’re loud and obnoxious yeah but for the most part jacks fans are friendly after the game, have had some beers with plenty of them. Cannot say the same about the Dookers

EC8CH
12-18-2021, 01:50 PM
They’re loud and obnoxious yeah but for the most part jacks fans are friendly after the game, have had some beers with plenty of them. Cannot say the same about the Dookers

They have there good ones, but I've seen they have more than their fair share of tools. Saw one smack a lady square in the face waving his arms for an incomplete pass in the FD without so much as an apology.

MNLonghorn10
12-18-2021, 02:05 PM

Twice and including cubbies. Some gal gave the ndsu side of the field the finger as she exited but other than that.. no problems. The ones that make it to Fargo are exceptionally nice.

tjbison
12-18-2021, 02:06 PM

Lol...didn't bring their A game....

EC8CH
12-18-2021, 02:13 PM
Twice and including cubbies. Some gal gave the ndsu side of the field the finger as she exited but other than that.. no problems. The ones that make it to Fargo are exceptionally nice.

I'm surprised the lady I saw get smacked in the face didn't break her nose. It was loud. Prick acted like nothing happened. Bunnies have a huge gap between their good fans and pricks and they've got a lot.

MNLonghorn10
12-18-2021, 02:13 PM
Lol...didn't bring their A game....

What is an A game anyways? I mean, ndsu is sorry they are not as bad as SeLa, Towson, Campbell, Elon, Maine or Morehead state so you’re unable to put up your video game numbers.

MNLonghorn10
12-18-2021, 02:15 PM
I'm surprised the lady I saw get smacked in the face didn't break her nose. It was loud. Prick acted like nothing happened. Bunnies have a huge gap between their good fans and pricks and they've got a lot.

You know…head on a swivel. Maybe she needs to be with the knitters in section 21. Ndsu devoted that section for people too good to stand

cbline
12-18-2021, 02:30 PM
Classy? I saw at least 5 JMU players flipping the bird as they left the field. Also, 5-6 JMU players stayed out on the field and stared down NDSU players as they were celebrating, hoping to be engaged and then start something. They were not out there to congratulate or talk. Had NDSU players “acknowledged” them, things would have got ugly.

Yes, that was a very odd for the JMU players to stay that long. Just didn't feel right to me either.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-18-2021, 02:47 PM
That's hard to figure, because I didn't notice any chippiness during the game. Don't believe there was one personal foul on either team. Well played game by both teams, although I can't speak for JMU, in my opinion the Bison are not quite the dominating team they've been for the last 10 years.

EC8CH
12-18-2021, 02:48 PM
Yes, that was a very odd for the JMU players to stay that long. Just didn't feel right to me either.

Thought maybe they were just soaking in what might be their last game. Saw players from losing team in Frisco hang out on the field all the time.

IndyBison
12-18-2021, 03:03 PM
That's hard to figure, because I didn't notice any chippiness during the game. Don't believe there was one personal foul on either team. Well played game by both teams, although I can't speak for JMU, in my opinion the Bison are not quite the dominating team they've been for the last 10 years.There is often a lot of chippiness during a game you didn't notice from the stands or broadcast that is managed by the officials. Stuff under the pile, players pushing on the like, stupid trash talk, etc. I didn't notice anything watching it but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bisoningrandforks
12-18-2021, 03:08 PM
2 years ago in frisco a couple of drunks towards the end of the game kept chanting...that qb is all you got....that qb is all you got!
same guys last night....that fullback is all you got!....LMAO!

scottietohottie
12-18-2021, 03:12 PM
2 years ago in frisco a couple of drunks towards the end of the game kept chanting...that qb is all you got....that qb is all you got!

Imagine if ndsu had an oc not from West Fargo bro! Wouldn't even be fair to the other teams

El_Chapo
12-18-2021, 03:22 PM

they weren't lying

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2021, 03:36 PM

They were clearly waiting for the officials to huddle and tell them that they won because of the play clock issue.

tjbison
12-18-2021, 05:12 PM
There is often a lot of chippiness during a game you didn't notice from the stands or broadcast that is managed by the officials. Stuff under the pile, players pushing on the like, stupid trash talk, etc. I didn't notice anything watching it but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

those refs didn't/couldn't manage anything!

56BISON73
12-18-2021, 06:32 PM

We had some great JMU fans at our tailgate. BUT when we played them in Frisco It seems every JMU fan I ran in to was a DICK even though I was very complementary of their team.

TAILG8R
12-18-2021, 11:53 PM
Didn't bring our A game usually means the other team caused you to be graded a C.

Other than that line I have always hated, OP had a solid post and it was one hell of a game to take in!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie
12-19-2021, 12:11 AM
During the game, I saw several times where Bison players extended a hand to help a JMU guy up and the JMU guys ignored the gesture or pulled their hands down when they saw who it was. My guess is the team emulates the head coach who, IMHO, comes off as a major d-bag.
On the other hand, the fans I have encountered directly in Frisco were good folks. Sure there will always be a couple of jerks wandering around (usually college age for the most part) but the people we encountered at the game and away from the venue were complimentary and engaging.

BisonHorns
12-19-2021, 12:18 AM
I would never support or cheer for JMU pack of classless losers. If you really think they are classy find any other team that plays them and read what they say. If you find even one I would be shocked!

BisonHorns
12-19-2021, 12:21 AM
On top of that the coaches have been asses too. Just look at his comment about if the game was at home they would have won. What an idiot. The Griz could say the same thing about playing them last week.

CAS4127
12-19-2021, 12:21 AM
I would never support or cheer for JMU pack of classless losers. If you really think they are classy find any other team that plays them and read what they say. If you find even one I would be shocked!

And Cignetti is a Dbag. Gave us absolutely no credit in presser or elsewhere. Hope they get their asses handed to them in FBS for years to come.

WeAreThePride
12-19-2021, 12:28 AM
And Cignetti is a Dbag. Gave us absolutely no credit in presser or elsewhere. Hope they get their asses handed to them in FBS for years to come.

How do we find Cig's presser?

CAS4127
12-19-2021, 12:32 AM
How do we find Cig's presser?

Not sure, but this kinda gets your there—>https://www.whsv.com/2021/12/18/no-3-jmu-falls-no-2-ndsu-fcs-semifinals-20-14/

According to him, we made one more play than they did, and that’s how/why we beat them.

89MTBISON
12-19-2021, 01:03 AM
Not sure, but this kinda gets your there—>https://www.whsv.com/2021/12/18/no-3-jmu-falls-no-2-ndsu-fcs-semifinals-20-14/

According to him, we made one more play than they did, and that’s how/why we beat them.

Rehearsal for all future pressers?

Hammerhead
12-19-2021, 09:54 PM
Just wait until he tries to understand the BCS playoff rankings. :rolleyes:

"I think the playoff system is great...I think the rankings are a little arbitrary...we're ready to move on."

bisontown
12-19-2021, 11:36 PM
JMU fans must find it strange that whenever they play us, they never have their A game. Weird how that works.

gavin2126
12-19-2021, 11:48 PM
JMU fans must find it strange that whenever they play us, they never have their A game. Weird how that works.

At least they don’t say worst game ever like all the FBS teams do.

stevdock
12-19-2021, 11:56 PM
Just wait until he tries to understand the BCS playoff rankings. :rolleyes:

"I think the playoff system is great...I think the rankings are a little arbitrary...we're ready to move on."

Actually the FBS might be easier. First win your conference. JMU, ummmm no beat Villanova and you are top 2. Second, schedule needs to be really good. JMU, conference was disappointing, but non-conference was terrible. Not there fault that Weber was not good, but Moorehead State and Campbell is not going to help you win tie-breakers.

oldmantutters
12-19-2021, 11:58 PM
Actually the FBS might be easier. First win your conference. JMU, ummmm no beat Villanova and you are top 2. Second, schedule needs to be really good. JMU, conference was disappointing, but non-conference was terrible. Not there fault that Weber was not good, but Moorehead State and Campbell is not going to help you win tie-breakers.Not like Campbell and Morehead State are up and down teams like Weber. Didn't give themselves much wiggle room with a schedule like that. Fuggem

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

JMB
12-20-2021, 12:24 AM

I have noticed their presser isn't up... I wonder if we will ever see it in its entirety...

noryan34
12-20-2021, 02:07 AM
I have noticed their presser isn't up... I wonder if we will ever see it in its entirety...

I think this is one area we as Bison fans take for granted. Almost all post game pressers and content is posted within 24 ish hours of it happening. Sooner for home games.

Ive gone looking for other schools before and sometimes it takes them 4-5 days to post stuff from away games if at all

slips
12-20-2021, 02:32 AM

Their postgame presser was so bad no way they post that to the masses. That unprofessional and cry baby crap won't fly in the FBS. I don't think he will be the HC very long if that is the way he acts in the SBC after every loss. He will be back in the FCS in no time flat and probably as a coordinator to keep him away from the camera.

MankatoBison
12-20-2021, 02:20 PM

My goodness... I kept waiting to read something dumb on this post, and it just never happened.

Much respect to you and your program. I hope you rip the sun belt a new a-hole. Wish we were coming with you. All semblance of the FCS not being JV has now gone out the door as there are literally only 4 programs that are not flat out dumpster fires.

errr uh.... I meant "I have never been more excited to win another "championship" against even WORSE and fewer and more embarrassing opponents! what an fresh and exciting endeavor our administration has chosen for us! Will be super cool to curb stomp yet another team that has 12% of the football budget we have wearing Starter brand uniforms, cant wait :)"

Go win one for the gipper JMU. All the best

ndsubison1
12-20-2021, 02:40 PM
JMU has been a solid opponent for us since 2016. Rivalry that was created and sad to see ya leave. We will be FBS one day too.

Hammerhead
12-20-2021, 08:14 PM
Actually the FBS might be easier. First win your conference. JMU, ummmm no beat Villanova and you are top 2. Second, schedule needs to be really good. JMU, conference was disappointing, but non-conference was terrible. Not there fault that Weber was not good, but Moorehead State and Campbell is not going to help you win tie-breakers.

So all JMU or NDSU need to get into the FBS playoffs go undefeated playing in a decent P5 conference and beat Notre Dame? How long do you think it will take one of the perennial powers to schedule NDSU in non-conference play if/when we move up?

td577
12-22-2021, 07:36 AM
So all JMU or NDSU need to get into the FBS playoffs go undefeated playing in a decent P5 conference and beat Notre Dame? How long do you think it will take one of the perennial powers to schedule NDSU in non-conference play if/when we move up?Tell the 2008 Utah Utes that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk