PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Jackson

uncfan
01-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Watch out for UNC's Vincent Jackson in the pros. He's going to the senior bowl this year, which will help his draft stock, he's also going to the combine. I believe though that the team he will be drafted by will probably make him into a tight end. He is really like Shannon Sharpe. He's too fast for the linebackers to cover him and he's too big for the corners to cover him. He's a match up nightmere. To think that this is past season was only his second season as a starter. We had some very good recievers before him, but he will probably go down as the greatest Bear to play offense. I know he had a bad game against NDSU, but look at his numbers the rest of the season.

JACKGUYII
01-14-2005, 05:47 PM
He had a bad game against the Jacks too. Time will tell if this guy can play in the NFL.

Bisondad
01-14-2005, 05:51 PM
NFL defenses are one hell of a lot faster than college. It will be interesteng to see what happens. Good luck to him and all of the young men from the Great West who get a shot.

Bisondad

mikelsch
01-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Jackson will be a marginal NFL WR. Matt Gorman was a hell of CB and soundly covered Jackson. No disrespect to Gorman, but he is not quite a NFL CB. Jackson is probably a late round draft pick, and 4th WR on most NFL teams.

uncbear
01-20-2005, 05:27 AM
i think NDSU's line gets more credit for jackson not getting the ball than your CB that covered him. Our QB never had time to throw the ball.