PDA

View Full Version : ETSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Kevin
12-11-2021, 06:56 PM
This thread brough to you by Scottie's Barn Meth & Bro-Seed.

Need to stay up late? Call Scottie and mention this ad for 10% your off your next teener.

Need seed bro? Broseed.

1) Defense was amazing again. Made a solid team look mediocre at best. As is the fate of most quarterfinal sacrificial lambs. Sorry to all the gambling bros out there. Destroyed by a pointless FG.
2) Special shout out to Tutsie. All over the field today.
3) Two free games for Payton left this year. Just saying.
4) If you're going to run the QP battering ram package at least throw once in awhile. On a couple of those plays the defense was literally sending 11 and it made lakes sad.
5) Williams and Luepke. No one else needs to touch the ball. Sorry Kobe. Sorry Dom. Get well soon Bus.
6) Hey JMU, fuck you! We're going to send you and your stupid ass streamers off to FBS in style. But don't worry, not-bro's, you'll always have 2016.
7) PS. Fuck you.

Kevin
12-11-2021, 06:57 PM
Oh and TR, call me bro.

I can help.

U need it.

scottietohottie
12-11-2021, 06:58 PM
Can I get the 10% discount bro?

Kevin
12-11-2021, 06:59 PM
Can I get the 10% discount bro?

For the last time, bro.

No.

Kevin
12-11-2021, 07:00 PM
Any bros want to do a virtual watch party in the metaverse for little brother's game?

We can take shots every time they have 12 men on the field.

WeAreThePride
12-11-2021, 07:00 PM
Man, this defense. What else can you say?

Our running backs fuck.

Miller has been fucking lately, but apparently had blue balls for the first half. I think he'll get the lead out next week.

Bring on the Dooks.

EC8CH
12-11-2021, 07:01 PM
Any bros want to do a virtual watch party in the metaverse for little brother's game?

Little bro just got tied up.

Kevin
12-11-2021, 07:02 PM
Little bro just got tied up.

Shit bro I thought it was an evening game.

bisonaudit
12-11-2021, 07:03 PM
14 up. Sam and the Bobcats are the nightcap.

Kevin
12-11-2021, 07:09 PM
14 up. Sam and the Bobcats are the nightcap.

That sounds boring as hell bro.

Metaverse party cancelled.

EC8CH
12-11-2021, 07:13 PM
That sounds boring as hell bro.

Metaverse party cancelled.

Nova up 7 on a bomb.

Kevin
12-11-2021, 07:14 PM
Nova up 7 on a bomb.

Just turned it on.

Wally
12-11-2021, 07:19 PM
Have we ever sniffed out a fake kick?

TAILG8R
12-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Have we ever sniffed out a fake kick?No

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BiZon22
12-11-2021, 07:28 PM
SDSU down 7 at half. I like it. I don’t see that team having the guts to come back. Now for a Mt State win tonight and all will be right in the world

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2021, 07:29 PM

Send a link. How do we order wings?

tjbison
12-11-2021, 07:35 PM
Stop the fucking pointless 2 point conversion BS already, my god for dumb.

The QP package..lol its nothing special run left, run right...it does no good to trot him in and just go up the gut.

DEFENSE ++++++
INJURIES....SOB took some hits hope all are ok

If that dome isn't absolutely packed next Friday (hopefully) then there is no more use trying to market

Good win, hats off to ETSU

Bison03
12-11-2021, 07:39 PM
So the friday semifinal, hopefully we play that day, is at 8:15 central? That has to be the latest start for that game.

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Stop the fucking pointless 2 point conversion BS already, my god for dumb.

The QP package..lol its nothing special run left, run right...it does no good to trot him in and just go up the gut.

DEFENSE ++++++
INJURIES....SOB took some hits hope all are ok

If that dome isn't absolutely packed next Friday (hopefully) then there is no more use trying to market

Good win, hats off to ETSU

Yes - lots of injuries there. A bit worrisome.

Thinking we will be hearing more from ETSU going forward. Pretty impressive season for them considering eight years ago they had nothing.

El_Chapo
12-11-2021, 07:41 PM
so the friday semifinal, hopefully we play that day, is at 8:15 central? That has to be the latest start for that game.

saturday!!!!!

BisonHorns
12-11-2021, 07:41 PM
I heard the ETSU players celebrating in the locker room after the game. They were talking about how great it is to live in Tennessee where there is so much to do!

Kevin
12-11-2021, 07:43 PM
saturday!!!!!

Is that your opinion or are you just saying what you think Tony wants to hear?

Again.

HerdistheWord
12-11-2021, 07:51 PM
Is it just me or does our secondary look better than it has the last couple of years? I feel like our DB’s contest the ball and can cover man-to-man better than in the past.

HerdBot
12-11-2021, 07:55 PM
That Bucs team was better than I thought. Our defense was excellent. Offense, good job running but our receivers need to catch the ball. 3 or 4 bounced right off the hands.

Next week we can't save anything because JMU is as good or better than we are. We need to pack the dome if we're gonna play in Texas

Twincitybizon
12-11-2021, 07:56 PM
Is it just me or does our secondary look better than it has the last couple of years? I feel like our DB’s contest the ball and can cover man-to-man better than in the past.

It just seems that way to you... Lol no elite wrs on etsu roster makes things easier for our DBS.

TechRandy
12-11-2021, 08:08 PM
ETSU fan here. Obviously the game didn’t go the way I wanted. Don’t know how much you guys know about wrasslin, but there is a saying…..to be the man, you gotta beat the man. We faced the man today and lost. I hope we see you guys in the playoffs again next year and look forward, pending NDSU’s FBS aspirations, to 2024 and 2026. Playing you guys will only help the Bucs going forward. Lots of respect for what you have accomplished. Good luck the rest of the way…..JMU isn’t too far up the road from me, might try to see you guys live.

marenlee
12-11-2021, 08:12 PM
ETSU fan here. Obviously the game didn’t go the way I wanted. Don’t know how much you guys know about wrasslin, but there is a saying…..to be the man, you gotta beat the man. We faced the man today and lost. I hope we see you guys in the playoffs again next year and look forward, pending NDSU’s FBS aspirations, to 2024 and 2026. Playing you guys will only help the Bucs going forward. Lots of respect for what you have accomplished. Good luck the rest of the way…..JMU isn’t too far up the road from me, might try to see you guys live.

You’re going to be disappointed when JMU is in Fargo next week. But I am impressed with ETSU’s program and will be following.

DBRJake
12-11-2021, 08:13 PM

Good team you guys have. Impressed at how many ETSU fans were at the Dome today.
Game next week still in Fargo, but come on up anyways!

TechRandy
12-11-2021, 08:16 PM
You’re going to be disappointed when JMU is in Fargo next week. But I am impressed with ETSU’s program and will be following.

Yea, gonna look pretty damn stupid sitting in that parking lot wondering where in the hell everyone is….

KSBisonFan
12-11-2021, 08:16 PM

JMU is coming to Fargo for their ass kicking. You have a good coach and it sounds like your team is young. Good luck.

HerdBot
12-11-2021, 08:18 PM
I heard the ETSU players celebrating in the locker room after the game. They were talking about how great it is to live in Tennessee where there is so much to do!

Their metro isn't much bigger than Fargo. Actually the Fargo metro is bigger but their CSA is bigger by about 200k, bit that includes 5 counties. It would be like including the Lakes Area and Grand Forks in our population

But that always the response of a DEFEATED team

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2021, 08:25 PM
Yea, gonna look pretty damn stupid sitting in that parking lot wondering where in the hell everyone is….

Just dodged a bullet thanks to BisoNation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAS4127
12-11-2021, 08:26 PM
My thoughts:

If we run the same O with QP package constantly against JMU, we will lose—it’s that simple.

Out WRs did not play hard today AT ALL. Basically just ran through the motions/patterns with little desire.

D played well, but should have had at least 2 more Picks. Not sir if game plan was to keep shit in front of us and not get beat deep. If it was, I guess we did that well.

Worried/concerned about injuries, on both sides of the ball.

JMU is the real deal, and we better bring our A game, not the game we brought today.

bisonaudit
12-11-2021, 08:27 PM
Just dodged a bullet thanks to BisoNation.

Trolling UND and saving lives since 1998.

Kevin
12-11-2021, 08:29 PM
My thoughts:

If we run the same O with QP package constantly against JMU, we will lose—it’s that simple.

Out WRs did not play hard today AT ALL. Basically just ran through the motions/patterns with little desire.

D played well, but should have had at least 2 more Picks. Not sir if game plan was to keep shit in front of us and not get beat deep. If it was, I guess we did that well.

JMU is the real deal, and we better bring our A game, not the game we brought today.

What are they going to do bro? Slant us to death?

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2021, 08:32 PM
Trolling UND and saving lives since 1998.

Actually if TechRandy is a planner he may have been tipped off anyway when he tried to preorder tickets. But nice that we could help out. Hope he comes up next weekend and cheers for the good guys.

Pack the Dome!!!

GreenfieldBison
12-11-2021, 08:34 PM
What are they going to do bro? Slant us to death?

Might as well. Yard lines aren’t straight anyway.

gabisonfan
12-11-2021, 08:35 PM

At least no one will have to be concerned about polishing a trophy.

El_Chapo
12-11-2021, 08:38 PM
www.facebook.com/bisonation1 RIP to Cam's balls. #0 kicked him at the end of this video.

Kevin
12-11-2021, 08:39 PM
www.facebook.com/bisonation1 RIP to Cam's balls. #0 kicked him at the end of this video.

What about ur balls bro? They safe in Tony’s purse?

WeAreThePride
12-11-2021, 09:14 PM

I think we have the best secondary since CJ Smith and Jalen Allison.

WeAreThePride
12-11-2021, 09:18 PM

Your team has nothing to be ashamed of. You played hard all season and never quit. I'll be paying attention to your program going forward.

Professorbum
12-11-2021, 09:28 PM

Tennessee is a beautiful state. You gotta to find the silver linings where you can.

El_Chapo
12-11-2021, 09:44 PM
I think we have the best secondary since CJ Smith and Jalen Allison.

LOL WUT? CJ jumped routes. do our corners have more than 1 int ?

CAS4127
12-11-2021, 09:47 PM

Out secondary looks better to some because of a great DLine. How often do we see an opposing QB just sit and throw from a completely clean, unchallenged pocket? Answer is: rarely.

We are like Bro’s today, Bro!

JMB
12-11-2021, 09:53 PM
We need Watson back next week. JMU is still running a high pressure defense. Load the box, send an extra guy and count on the dbacks to shut down their guys. TE and Watson will be big next week... (I too am hoping for a Saturday game.)

OCBison
12-11-2021, 10:06 PM
Doesn't anybody go to the games anymore? Or do they stay away because it's too crowded? (H/T Yogi Berra)

tjbison
12-11-2021, 10:09 PM
We need Watson back next week. JMU is still running a high pressure defense. Load the box, send an extra guy and count on the dbacks to shut down their guys. TE and Watson will be big next week... (I too am hoping for a Saturday game.)

BOOOOO to Saturday. Friday all day tailgates ARE THE BEST!!

HerdistheWord
12-11-2021, 10:14 PM

He said since CJ and Allison, meaning CJ and Allison were better.

El_Chapo
12-11-2021, 10:21 PM
He said since CJ and Allison, meaning CJ and Allison were better.

too much drinky. only 2 NDSU CB interceptions this year. woof

WeAreThePride
12-11-2021, 11:41 PM
too much drinky. only 2 NDSU CB interceptions this year. woof

I can explain it to you. I can't understand it for you.

ndsubison1
12-11-2021, 11:55 PM
Friday game please. Get more booze in the crowd.

56BISON73
12-12-2021, 12:54 AM
BOOOOO to Saturday. Friday all day tailgates ARE THE BEST!!

Night games have been epic.

tjbison
12-12-2021, 01:07 AM
Friday game please. Get more booze in the crowd.

Night games have been epic.

Absolutely, love the hype leading up to the game going all day, makes for great energy

EC8CH
12-12-2021, 01:08 AM
Absolutely, love the hype leading up to the game going all day, makes for great energy

Friday night lights. The way semifinals in Fargo are supposed to be.

Hammerhead
12-12-2021, 01:12 AM
Would the NCAA prefer to not have a night game in Bozeman in December?

1st&TennBison
12-12-2021, 01:14 AM
Friday night so I can take a beauty nap at 1pm

JCEE1990
12-12-2021, 01:27 AM
Anyone watching cats/cats game! Bobs are cooking and look like previous bison teams. Really playing well. Of course, their coach is Vigen. Looks like shsu’s SOS is showing, which was the worst of the qtr final teams and all but a couple playoff teams, based on me glancing at sagarin.

marenlee
12-12-2021, 01:40 AM
Anyone watching cats/cats game! Bobs are cooking and look like previous bison teams. Really playing well. Of course, their coach is Vigen. Looks like shsu’s SOS is showing, which was the worst of the qtr final teams and all but a couple playoff teams, based on me glancing at sagarin.

Yes. And there’s a thread for it. “FCS Quarterfinals.”

56BISON73
12-12-2021, 01:43 AM

If its a night game Im cooking Gumbo.

CAS4127
12-12-2021, 01:45 AM
If its a night game Im cooking Gumbo.

Night game please!!

GFBison
12-12-2021, 02:30 AM

Well they have plenty of free time now.

tjbison
12-12-2021, 02:51 AM
Night game please!!

Night game confirmed!!!! Let's fucking rock this

mtoutfitter
12-13-2021, 03:48 PM
Has anyone else seen the clip of Cody Mauch's athleticism on the NDSU football twitter?

MankatoBison
12-13-2021, 04:05 PM
NDSU sleepwalked to a 27-3 victory.

Cant sleepwalk against JMU, but still good to see that we essentially "rolled out the pads" against a good team and made them look like they were unbelievably outmatched (which they were)

El_Chapo
12-13-2021, 04:27 PM
ETSU COACH JUST RETIRED!!!

NDSU hangover!

Jarvis Haren

@jarvisharen

#BREAKING: Randy Sanders is headed to retirement and is stepping down as the

@ETSUFootball

Head Coach.

JMB
12-13-2021, 04:59 PM
I thought ETSU is building a decent program. According to their message board, they are a very young team, hopefully they build on it. I was looking online and the Johnson City area looks like a nice slice of the country. It may be worth a trip down there in a few years when we do our home and home.

NDSU92
12-13-2021, 05:00 PM

Cant sleepwalk against JMU, but still good to see that we essentially "rolled out the pads" against a good team and made them look like they were unbelievably outmatched (which they were)

Lol speak for yourself, the defense sure didn't sleepwalk. Offense needs to play better but the defense is lights out and hitting on all cylinders right now. Have been all season

Hammerhead
12-13-2021, 06:12 PM
I thought ETSU is building a decent program. According to their message board, they are a very young team, hopefully they build on it. I was looking online and the Johnson City area looks like a nice slice of the country. It may be worth a trip down there in a few years when we do our home and home.

Not if their Walter Payton finalist declares for the draft. https://twitter.com/_HO11YWOOD_/status/1470438499765698567

GreenfieldBison
12-13-2021, 06:36 PM
They just lost their HC today as well.

gabisonfan
12-13-2021, 06:44 PM
Lol speak for yourself, the defense sure didn't sleepwalk. Offense needs to play better but the defense is lights out and hitting on all cylinders right now. Have been all season

Anyone remember how many stars Jackson Hankey had? Oh wait PWO!!! My oh my!

mtoutfitter
12-13-2021, 06:45 PM
Anyone remember how many stars Jackson Hankey had? Oh wait PWO!!! My oh my!

Same number of stars as All Conference tackle Cody Mauch and All Conference TE Braden Thomas!

td577
12-13-2021, 10:56 PM

Cant sleepwalk against JMU, but still good to see that we essentially "rolled out the pads" against a good team and made them look like they were unbelievably outmatched (which they were)No they didn't. ETSU wasn't a bad football team. They used their quickness effectively for 3 quarters to kind of stay in the game.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
12-13-2021, 11:02 PM
Lol speak for yourself, the defense sure didn't sleepwalk. Offense needs to play better but the defense is lights out and hitting on all cylinders right now. Have been all seasonI was at the game in Brookings and no part of our game was hitting on all cylinders. More like an old 2 stroke snow machine with 2 fouled plugs and old gas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

steelbison
12-14-2021, 03:29 AM
My thoughts:

Couldn’t agree more. I’ll add we really miss Watson and Gindorff.

Our offense has no identity. We don’t set anything up. Just random calls. How many times were we in third and long Saturday. Seemed most of the game.

We play like that JMU will roll us. This will be the 2nd game this year we don’t have superior talent compared to our opponent. First time SDSU rolled us. IMO if we dont have Watson we will have a hell of a time moving the ball. They will stack the box and dare us to throw. Do we have anyone besides Watson that can beat their DBs one on one?

NDSU92
12-14-2021, 01:29 PM
I was at the game in Brookings and no part of our game was hitting on all cylinders. More like an old 2 stroke snow machine with 2 fouled plugs and old gas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah, could've played better that game. Still didn't get much help from the 3 and out offense.

People are really taking our defense for granted. Look how many points we've given up this year. Probably half are garbage time points.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-14-2021, 01:42 PM
Couldn’t agree more. I’ll add we really miss Watson and Gindorff.

Our offense has no identity. We don’t set anything up. Just random calls. How many times were we in third and long Saturday. Seemed most of the game.

We play like that JMU will roll us. This will be the 2nd game this year we don’t have superior talent compared to our opponent. First time SDSU rolled us. IMO if we dont have Watson we will have a hell of a time moving the ball. They will stack the box and dare us to throw. Do we have anyone besides Watson that can actually catch the ball?

FIFY

After Saturdays game, this is the bigger question.

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2021, 01:43 PM
Yeah, could've played better that game. Still didn't get much help from the 3 and out offense.

People are really taking our defense for granted. Look how many points we've given up this year. Probably half are garbage time points.

Not me. This group is just terrific. Forget about issues with OC. Better get a big set of handcuffs on the DC...

Gophers DC just earned a $150k/yr raise for the next two.

Edit: Just for comparison, Gophers D ranked 4th nationally in total yards allowed at 284.4 and ninth in scoring D at 18.2 pts allowed.
Bison #'s are 256.2 and 11.0 respectively.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, and the Gophers OC got fired.

Twincitybizon
12-14-2021, 02:33 PM
Not me. This group is just terrific. Forget about issues with OC. Better get a big set of handcuffs on the DC...

Gophers DC just earned a $150k/yr raise for the next two.

Edit: Just for comparison, Gophers D ranked 4th nationally in total yards allowed at 284.4 and ninth in scoring D at 18.2 pts allowed.
Bison #'s are 256.2 and 11.0 respectively.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, and the Gophers OC got fired.

Eh he was recently a position coach before taking this gig. Need more time before is say anyone would try buy him away. At least 2 years. No fcs team can out bid us anyway. So you think fbs will go after him because ndsu who had been great defensively for a long time is still good defensively?? I think not for a while

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2021, 02:57 PM
Eh he was recently a position coach before taking this gig. Need more time before is say anyone would try buy him away. At least 2 years. No fcs team can out bid us anyway. So you think fbs will go after him because ndsu who had been great defensively for a long time is still good defensively?? I think not for a while

I think his resume is just a little richer than that. https://gobison.com/staff-directory/david-braun/1485

While I readily acknowledge the presence of the former DC, this one has two seasons now with pretty gaudy numbers and the ship just don't steer itself.
No I'm not concerned about an FBS suitor. But I could see a needy FCS program cough up an HC job possibly. We just played one that suddenly has a need.

ndsubison1
12-14-2021, 03:23 PM
I dont mind using QP at times, hopefully we used him a lot just to get JMU to focus on it. Dont be shocked if we try a fake run, deep shot with him. If Miller comes out with a clean game I think we win. He doesnt have to be amazing for us to win. Defense should hold steady, Im sure we will give up a few TD but Im not worried. I think we win by 6-7 pts.

Bisonator98
12-14-2021, 03:32 PM
Gotta think Roehl has a QP pass play ready to go and he's just been setting it up..........at least I would hope so.

IzzyFlexion
12-14-2021, 03:33 PM
I dont mind using QP at times, hopefully we used him a lot just to get JMU to focus on it. Dont be shocked if we try a fake run, deep shot with him. If Miller comes out with a clean game I think we win. He doesnt have to be amazing for us to win. Defense should hold steady, Im sure we will give up a few TD but Im not worried. I think we win by 6-7 pts.

Was thinking the same thing.
Show Patterson come in a few times doing the exact same thing over and over and over against ETSU felt like a set up for a surprise in the semis.

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2021, 03:38 PM
I'm just going to put this here since it is recorded in this game.

"A Moment of Bizen Power with NDSU"
https://youtu.be/638Z7_dyYtE

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2021, 03:39 PM
Gotta think Roehl has a QP pass play ready to go and he's just been setting it up..........at least I would hope so.

Ditto. You know it's coming. Sometime.

gavin2126
12-14-2021, 03:40 PM

Agree with Miller not having to play out of his mind. If he's something like 14-21 for 150 yards with a couple timely throws we can win.

gavin2126
12-14-2021, 04:34 PM

We've actually done a pretty good job of locking teams down at the end of games. We've given up only 29 points in the 4th quarter this year. 2 of those were a safety against Indiana State so 27 on the defense. It's not as impressive as the 13 4th quarter points the 2013 team gave up (and it was only 6 points at this point of that season) but that is still pretty good. JMU by comparison has given up 49 4th quarter points this season.

ndsubison1
12-14-2021, 04:37 PM
We were a muffed punt from completely dominating ETSU 34-0 maybe 41-0, and they are probably a top 10 FCS team.

El_Chapo
12-14-2021, 04:56 PM

Yea, but that's the problem not doing it earlier. they will know this as well. poop

Twincitybizon
12-14-2021, 05:34 PM
I think his resume is just a little richer than that. https://gobison.com/staff-directory/david-braun/1485

While I readily acknowledge the presence of the former DC, this one has two seasons now with pretty gaudy numbers and the ship just don't steer itself.
No I'm not concerned about an FBS suitor. But I could see a needy FCS program cough up an HC job possibly. We just played one that suddenly has a need.

Going from d line coach to special teams at uni was a demotion. I respectfully disagree anyone would go after him for a couple years unless he is unhappy and wants out. Lots of our coaches have experience at lower levels but I think need to prove it at this level a while longer. Not saying he isn't great either. Just I think those hiring will want to see a bit more. Plus the guy must be what 32?

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2021, 05:45 PM
I'm just going to put this here since it is recorded in this game.

"A Moment of Bizen Power with NDSU"
https://youtu.be/638Z7_dyYtE

Watch the second clip
https://twitter.com/coachdancasey/status/1470397300161880067?s=21

CAS4127
12-14-2021, 06:04 PM
Yea, but that's the problem not doing it earlier. they will know this as well. poop

Well, they would know for sure if we had done already. Logic isn’t your friend. Good God!

Bisonator98
12-14-2021, 06:08 PM

Doesn't matter if they know or not it's how they react that matters. If they stick to their assignment QP can tuck it and run, if the DB's react to the run or fake and let the guy they are covering get behind them QP can pull the trigger.

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2021, 06:15 PM
Going from d line coach to special teams at uni was a demotion. I respectfully disagree anyone would go after him for a couple years unless he is unhappy and wants out. Lots of our coaches have experience at lower levels but I think need to prove it at this level a while longer. Not saying he isn't great either. Just I think those hiring will want to see a bit more. Plus the guy must be what 32?

Yeah he is young. Says on that bio that he was selected as one of 35 under 35. That is a profile raise for sure. Hopefully you're right and we get a couple more years.

Edit: PJ Fleck is 41

NDSU92
12-14-2021, 06:16 PM
I say we take a page out of SDSU's book and run a trick play. Matter of fact since we're better let's combine all their trick plays into one:

Break the huddle with 12 players. Cam does the fake "I don't know the play" BS over to the sideline. Then TE comes over and gets under center. Snap between TE legs to QP who's back in shotgun. Watson falls to ground pretending to cramp. QP scrambles long enough for Watson's guy to get bored, at which point Watson breaks for endzone. TD Watson doing "horns down" as he crosses goal line.

All that's left is for one of our linemen to twist someone's ankle at the LOS and that's pretty much their entire program in 7 seconds. Kev, feel free to draw that up and add to your playbook. Call it the Jooserabbit Special

OrygunBison
12-14-2021, 06:46 PM
I say we take a page out of SDSU's book and run a trick play. Matter of fact since we're better let's combine all their trick plays into one:

Break the huddle with 12 players. Cam does the fake "I don't know the play" BS over to the sideline. Then TE comes over and gets under center. Snap between TE legs to QP who's back in shotgun. Watson falls to ground pretending to cramp. QP scrambles long enough for Watson's guy to get bored, at which point Watson breaks for endzone. TD Watson doing "horns down" as he crosses goal line.

All that's left is for one of our linemen to twist someone's ankle at the LOS and that's pretty much their entire program in 7 seconds. Kev, feel free to draw that up and add to your playbook. Call it the Jooserabbit Special

Just perfect but we should wait to utilize it until we play the bunnies in the natty.

NDSU92
12-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Just perfect but we should wait to utilize it until we play the bunnies in the natty.

Absolutely

CAS4127
12-14-2021, 06:55 PM

Kev: Be sure to include a couple Olinemen illegally downfield as well—>lead blocking for Watson.

Bisonator98
12-14-2021, 07:20 PM

Sorry Stig already uses that name for when he needs a bunny to drop and roll around with the menstrual cramps......

1998braves64
12-15-2021, 01:53 AM

All that's left is for one of our linemen to twist someone's ankle at the LOS and that's pretty much their entire program in 7 seconds. Kev, feel free to draw that up and add to your playbook. Call it the Jooserabbit SpecialDon't forget clotheslining someone and tearing up their knee.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

TAILG8R
12-15-2021, 01:54 AM
Don't forget clotheslining someone and tearing up their knee.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.And twisting ankles after the tackle while laying on the ground.

El_Chapo
12-15-2021, 03:06 AM
Well, they would know for sure if we had done already. Logic isn’t your friend. Good God!

hey dufus. JMU knows we have been trying to set up a pass to surprise since we run QP every time

it was stupid to think we are gonna surprise them, this ain't Mahnomen vs Nataywash....

mtoutfitter
12-15-2021, 03:14 AM
hey dufus. JMU knows we have been trying to set up a pass to surprise since we run QP every time

it was stupid to think we are gonna surprise them, this ain't Mahnomen vs Nataywash....

Please go to his tailgate and tell him that as well as telling him to shut his whore mouth as you did in the other thread.

Kevin
12-15-2021, 03:34 AM
Kev: Be sure to include a couple Olinemen illegally downfield as well—>lead blocking for Watson.

12 men down field got it bro.

bruinbison
12-15-2021, 10:27 AM
East Tennessee not only lost their Head Coach to retirement, but also one of their big OT’s to the transfer portal

https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1470924577324867586?s=20

Rutgers, Purdue & ……………….James Madison among the many offers since last weekend for Tre'mond Shorts

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2021, 01:00 PM
East Tennessee not only lost their Head Coach to retirement, but also one of their big OT’s to the transfer portal

https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1470924577324867586?s=20

Rutgers, Purdue & ……………….James Madison among the many offers since last weekend for Tre'mond Shorts

Not to mention that bell cow Holmes, he gone too.

Was thinking it was such bad timing for a retirement with only a couple days to early signing but then saw on their site that the coach was not active for early signing. Their strategy is to wait and see what guys FBS offers fall through and then target those players for regular signing.

Hammerhead
12-15-2021, 01:38 PM

So then we surprise them by continuing to have Quincy run the ball.

bisonaudit
12-15-2021, 02:02 PM
They don’t have to be surprised to be caught “cheating”.

TAILG8R
12-15-2021, 02:16 PM
They don’t have to be surprised to be caught “cheating”.

Exactly it's not about surprising anyone. Anyone with a heartbeat knows the drill. But can the defenders help themselves from being sucked in after QP gets 6,7-10 yards on them a few times.

ndsubison1
12-15-2021, 03:09 PM
Can QP catch? Use him as a Cordarelle Patterson swiss army knife.

TAILG8R
12-15-2021, 04:55 PM

I don't know if it will be successful but I think we will see a QP to Cam or Cam to QP pass attempt before the season is over.

Hammerhead
12-15-2021, 05:47 PM

I think QP might have said he used to play tight end and after one drill he threw a perfect pass back to the offense which is when the coach thought he might make a good quarterback. It was in one of the Bison Illustrated articles.

NDSU1980
12-16-2021, 01:02 AM
Game against ETSU is on ESPN-U at 8 PM tonight. I hope we get a shutout this time.

CAS4127
12-16-2021, 01:05 AM
I don't know if it will be successful but I think we will see a QP to Cam or Cam to QP pass attempt before the season is over.

It’s in the playbook and called “Disaster”

TAILG8R
12-16-2021, 01:06 AM
It’s in the playbook and called “Disaster”Filed under plays to call at exactly the wrong time.

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2021, 01:08 AM
Filed under plays to call at exactly the wrong time.

Last one of those I recall was Stick to Wentz in Frisco for a pick in the end zone. I’ve seen enough.

CAS4127
12-16-2021, 01:09 AM
Filed under plays to call at exactly the wrong time.

Yes, perfect!

imabison
12-16-2021, 02:41 AM
ETSU vs NDSU game replay on ESPNU now until 11 pm

PlrbrBison
12-16-2021, 03:26 AM
Last one of those I recall was Stick to Wentz in Frisco for a pick in the end zone. I’ve seen enough.

Yeah, but that was just a freak fail, would work 9 times put of 10.

EC8CH
12-16-2021, 03:38 AM

The decoy wheel route that left the TE wide open was an interesting and effective playcall.