PDA

View Full Version : USD or SIU?

cbline
11-21-2021, 06:19 PM
What is your preference for the opening game in the Dome and the reasoning behind your vote?

DCBison
11-21-2021, 06:22 PM
What is your preference for the opening game in the Dome and the reasoning behind your vote?

I'm not the happiest about the choice, but I'd refer Salukis so we can avenge our spring loss to them. Of course the other reason is 'why should we play two games in a row against the same team?' Not a great look from the playoff commitee.

Hammerhead
11-21-2021, 06:22 PM
USD for the easy win.

semobison
11-21-2021, 06:27 PM
I prefer the Salukis, don’t want to play USD back to back but I’m afraid we will get the Yotes. SIU really struggled down the stretch!

Kevin
11-21-2021, 06:34 PM
Usd. Team deserves two bye weeks.

semobison
11-21-2021, 07:12 PM
Usd. Team deserves two bye weeks.

Don’t want to play a good team a second time after dominating them the first game. In 2019 we beat ISUr 37-3 during the regular season only to struggle to win 9-3 in the playoffs.

bison22
11-21-2021, 07:17 PM
They always say it's tough to beat the same team twice in one year.....but I don't see the yotes even having a chance.

I however picked siu because I want the revenge game.

CoachFSCB
11-21-2021, 08:44 PM
Bring on the Egyptian Dogs. They are playing poorly now -- Youngstown State was in total control over them yesterday. I also think South Dakota is better than what they showed yesterday (it was probably those hideous uniforms they were sporting) and the fact that the Bison jumped all over them so quickly and took them out of the game. I also want to revenge on SIU for the game this past spring.

Tony Almeida
11-21-2021, 08:59 PM
SIU easily. The players themselves will be tasting blood and they will come out like they did against USD.
If USD wins, it's not going to go the same way it did Saturday. It never does.

tony
11-21-2021, 11:35 PM
Salukis.... They broke our streak; they must pay.

ndsubison1
11-22-2021, 02:43 AM
SIU for something different. Think USD wins.

cbline
11-22-2021, 11:21 AM
I would prefer the Salukis since they have zero game experience against the Bison this fall.

Grizzled
11-22-2021, 11:29 AM
Neither team stays within 20. SIU for something different.

tjbison
11-22-2021, 01:09 PM
USD has a QB that wont make it thru another game He was so hurt on Saturday he couldn't move the Left side of his body, with no bye, playing SDSU and NDSU to end the year, I don't think they beat SSIU

With that either team doesnt advance vs NDSU so lets just hurry up and get it over with

Professor Chaos
11-22-2021, 01:34 PM
I think SIU is the more dangerous team but I like to live dangerously... give me SIU!

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yiGsSfdb4sg/WCcMVSG1YxI/AAAAAAAA4zQ/MPtJ9HfolAQMkPc0cTh6nRgoJxkZ3pR5QCLcB/s1600/giphy.gif

Bisonator98
11-22-2021, 01:50 PM
SIU because we haven't played them this fall. Sick of playing the same teams in the playoffs.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-22-2021, 03:26 PM
SIU. We already killed USD, don't need to do it again, plus SIU was really hyped up just a few weeks ago and I want us to show the rest of the FCS how over rated they were and how underrated we were.

Time for some fresh meat.

StL Bison Fan
11-22-2021, 03:33 PM
I don’t really care which one we get.
We will be having chili DOGs which ever one shows up.

El_Chapo
11-22-2021, 04:22 PM
once again MATT LARSON is a horrible AD. how does he NOT advocate for NDSU to face a NON MVFC team in our first game as a REWARD for winning the conference.

once again he can't help us.

cbline
11-22-2021, 04:45 PM
once again MATT LARSON is a horrible AD. how does he NOT advocate for NDSU to face a NON MVFC team in our first game as a REWARD for winning the conference.

How do you know that? Maybe he did just that and was voted down by the rest of the selection committee.

daddy daycare
11-22-2021, 04:52 PM
I'll take SIU in the dome please.

StL Bison Fan
11-22-2021, 04:59 PM
How do you know that? Maybe he did just that and was voted down by the rest of the selection committee.

Apparently they have to leave the room when their school is discussed.

The_Sicatoka
11-22-2021, 05:09 PM
After the neutering* NDSU put on the 'yotes, I suspect you'll see the Egyptian pharaoh dogs.

*You left USD's QB dinged and exposed their defensive weaknesses. Too much on film.

The_Sicatoka
11-22-2021, 05:09 PM
Apparently they have to leave the room when their school is discussed.

That is NCAA SOP.

totoinfl
11-22-2021, 05:30 PM

Doesn't fit the propaganda Chapo wants to spout. The University can't be in the room when their team is being considered. I would guess the regionalization thing is what brings that game to the Dome...

scottietohottie
11-22-2021, 05:35 PM
Doesn't fit the propaganda Chapo wants to spout. The University can't be in the room when their team is being considered. I would guess the regionalization thing is what brings that game to the Dome...

He seeded the big sky teams and not any other valley teams. He needed to stick up for the conference not ndsu. Some of you will stick up for Marcia no matter what.

scottietohottie
11-22-2021, 05:38 PM
Wanted sdsu in the dome second round. They'll have to wait until Frisco now but I have a feeling the diaper cats are better then some are giving them credit for and will make it.

If Marcia had balls she would have advocated for jmu vs diaper cats in the semis but she's just too nice to do that.

People should be kissing Matt's ass for being the big dog in the room. Instead she was a little bitch.

totoinfl
11-22-2021, 07:06 PM
Wanted sdsu in the dome second round. They'll have to wait until Frisco now but I have a feeling the diaper cats are better then some are giving them credit for and will make it.

If Marcia had balls she would have advocated for jmu vs diaper cats in the semis but she's just too nice to do that.

People should be kissing Matt's ass for being the big dog in the room. Instead she was a little bitch.

I am not defending anyone...I just get tired of bullshit being spewed when there is absolutely no way there is first hand knowledge of any conversation in the committee meeting. Gets old.

El_Chapo
11-23-2021, 02:59 AM
I am not defending anyone...I just get tired of bullshit being spewed when there is absolutely no way there is first hand knowledge of any conversation in the committee meeting. Gets old.

we see it all very clearly, the proof is in the pudding

Kevin
11-23-2021, 03:18 AM
we see it all very clearly, the proof is in the pudding

Are you sure you want to order pudding bro it’s not cheap

td577
11-23-2021, 08:19 AM
I don't care who. If Ndsu takes care of their business, it is a win.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

MankatoBison
11-23-2021, 01:22 PM
For revenge purposes etc I would like:

SIU, whoever is next, JMU and then SDSU/SHSU

Thaaaaat would be fun.

Knock off both teams leaving for FBS to remind them who their daddy is before they go get their tattoos and start living with their girlfriends

Hammerhead
11-23-2021, 01:31 PM

3 out of 8 first round games feature MVFC teams that the bracket probably gives us the best chance of facing an opponent we haven't seen this season. Two of the seeded Big Sky teams might also end up playing a conference foe in their first game.

WeAreThePride
11-23-2021, 01:59 PM

Nonsense. Larson is clearly an enemy sleeper agent actively working to undermine NDSU athletics.

scottietohottie
11-23-2021, 02:01 PM
Nonsense. Larson is clearly an enemy sleeper agent actively working to undermine NDSU athletics.

He docks coaches pay if they call timeouts or make in game adjustments.

tony
11-23-2021, 04:18 PM
if the NCAA really was determined to save money, they'd have put USD up against a team the coyotes would have a better chance of beating... If SIU wins, that is not a bus trip.

Or they would have matched USD and SDSU up and guaranteed a bus trip so I don't think regionalization is always the #1 thing.

BigLakeBison
11-23-2021, 04:40 PM
if the NCAA really was determined to save money, they'd have put USD up against a team the coyotes would have a better chance of beating... If SIU wins, that is not a bus trip.

Or they would have matched USD and SDSU up and guaranteed a bus trip so I don't think regionalization is always the #1 thing.

They couldn't match up SDSU & USD because they already played this year. SIU and USD did not. That is why they can be matched up in the first round. You are correct that they could have given USD an easier matchup in the first round to ensure a bus trip to Fargo for USD but I'm guessing they made the first round pairings more globally and this made the most sense.

El_Chapo
11-23-2021, 04:57 PM
They couldn't match up SDSU & USD because they already played this year. SIU and USD did not. That is why they can be matched up in the first round. You are correct that they could have given USD an easier matchup in the first round to ensure a bus trip to Fargo for USD but I'm guessing they made the first round pairings more globally and this made the most sense.

this sounds right.

taper
11-23-2021, 08:25 PM
If you look at the bracket it really couldn't have been made any other way. The committee is required to maximize bus travel without replaying regular season games in the first round.
SFA/UIW to SHSU, Sacred Heart/Holy Cross to Nova, and Davidson/Kennesaw to ETSU are guaranteed bus trips. That's 3 pods complete with no choices.
Missouri State/UT Martin and FAMU/SLU are bus trips. That's 5 of 8 first round matches.
There are 4 MVFC teams for 3 remaining games. 2 of them HAVE to be paired. The only non-rematch is USD/SIU. There is literally no other choice.
That leaves SDSU, UNI, EWU, and UC Davis. Each conference pair already played each other. You could have swapped which BSC plays which MVFC, but that doesn't really matter.

UC Davis to #4 Sac St is almost walking distance so that's a guaranteed pairing. EWU to #6 Montana is also a bus. SDSU has to be paired with one of them. USD is the only remaining possibility of a bus trip to Fargo.

We might not like it, but USD/SIU to NDSU is really the only possibility. Can't blame the committee.

Hammerhead
11-23-2021, 09:10 PM
Does the bracket really matter to most Bison fans when anything less than the championship is a disappointing season so who cares if we were to lose in the 2nd round or the championship game?

NDSU92
11-23-2021, 09:32 PM
Does the bracket really matter to most Bison fans when anything less than the championship is a disappointing season so who cares if we were to lose in the 2nd round or the championship game?

Yes, the bracket matters

Do our lives matter if we're just going to die at the end?

Bisonwinagn
11-25-2021, 12:38 AM
All brackets matter!!

Herd
11-26-2021, 10:40 AM
USD with a home playoff game, 1st ever, will win and come to Fargo. Book it, like it or not.

Hammerhead
11-26-2021, 01:50 PM
USD with a home playoff game, 1st ever, will win and come to Fargo. Book it, like it or not.

USD hosted a game in the 1986 D-II playoffs and eventually lost to NDSU in the championship. My avatar photo was taken by yours truly on the field after that game. :)

EC8CH
11-26-2021, 01:55 PM
USD hosted a game in the 1986 D-II playoffs and eventually lost to NDSU in the championship. My avatar photo was taken by yours truly on the field after that game. :)

Awesome story!

DORMIE
11-26-2021, 03:56 PM
Game in the Dakota Dome had the famous 68 yd "pitch play" Bentrim
to Molstre. Benny's knee was about an inch from touching. In Florence,
SD had a billboard. It read The South (Dakota) will rise again Go Coyotes!!
A couple of parents went up the night before the game and changed
it to The South (Dakota) will lose again Go Bison!!. Tom Brokaw, a SD
alum attended the game. 1985 Semifinals, 16-7, 1986 Championship,
27-7.

tcbison
11-27-2021, 09:15 PM
I voted for USD. I think SIU is better coached than USD and they have better talent. I know it is hard to beat the same team twice but the Yotes don't scare me as much as the Saluki's. Granted I have no idea why SIU looked horrible in the last few games.

bison22
11-27-2021, 09:26 PM
I voted for USD. I think SIU is better coached than USD and they have better talent. I know it is hard to beat the same team twice but the Yotes don't scare me as much as the Saluki's. Granted I have no idea why SIU looked horrible in the last few games.

They lost the last few games so they would have a shot at NDSU since they kicked our ass last spring. So they threw the last few games because they have our number.

SafeTeeJ
11-28-2021, 12:09 AM
They lost the last few games so they would have a shot at NDSU since they kicked our ass last spring. So they threw the last few games because they have our number.

Start preparation for SIU

SDbison
11-28-2021, 01:19 AM
Need to kick SIU ass from the beginning of this game. Be aggressive on offense and defense! Keep focus and take care of business!

EC8CH
11-28-2021, 01:30 AM
Need to kick SIU ass from the beginning of this game. Be aggressive on offense and defense! Keep focus and take care of business!

Need to tackle their WRs on that shit thrown to the edges.

TAILG8R
11-28-2021, 01:38 AM
Need to kick SIU ass from the beginning of this game. Be aggressive on offense and defense! Keep focus and take care of business!I have a feeling it will never be in doubt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SDbison
11-28-2021, 01:58 AM
I have a feeling it will never be in doubt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk Hope so. The championship Bison teams of the past brought it to a new level in the playoffs. Hope the fans show up loud and proud!

Bisonwinagn
11-28-2021, 02:27 AM
Surprised people prefer SIU when they are by far more dangerous than USD even if they haven't been as explosive this year. We were completely outcoached last game as well.

EC8CH
11-28-2021, 02:28 AM
Surprised people prefer SIU when they are by far more dangerous than USD even if they haven't been as explosive this year. We were completely outcoached last game as well.

Exactly. Let's prove this team belongs in the playoffs.

semobison
11-28-2021, 03:01 PM
On February 27th 2021 the Salukis put a beating on the Bison like we had not seen in decades. The final score was 38-14 with NDSU getting a last second TD to break single digits. Watching the game I didn’t recognize a lot of the Bison players that day, I had to check the roster to see who some of these guys were.
The game next weekend can be a revenge game for the players (they will remember) and proof that the COVID spring season was no more than an exhibition season that deserves an asterisk by it in the record books!

scottietohottie
11-28-2021, 03:12 PM
On February 27th 2021 the Salukis put a beating on the Bison like we had not seen in decades. The final score was 38-14 with NDSU getting a last second TD to break single digits. Watching the game I didn’t recognize a lot of the Bison players that day, I had to check the roster to see who some of these guys were.
The game next weekend can be a revenge game for the players (they will remember) and proof that the COVID spring season was no more than an exhibition season that deserves an asterisk by it in the record books!

well they got their revenge on sdsu.
Now it's siu's turn.

phxbison
11-28-2021, 04:58 PM
Who was our quarterback when we played them in the spring ? Nolan ?

EC8CH
11-28-2021, 05:02 PM
Who was our quarterback in 2019 when we played SIU ? Nolan ?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61RGvkS8v3L._AC_SY741_.jpg

ndsubison1
11-28-2021, 05:28 PM

Bring on the competition

roadwarrior
11-28-2021, 05:31 PM
The Bison players will be laser focused on what happened last spring.

StL Bison Fan
11-28-2021, 05:46 PM
The Bison players will be laser focused on what happened last spring.
Bussey tweeted out the score from last year. No snark, no words, just the score.
SIU fans think that win buys them a win Saturday.

phxbison
11-28-2021, 06:46 PM
Definetley have to have a different game plan both offensivley and defensivley !

El_Chapo
11-28-2021, 08:32 PM
Tyler needs to mix it up better

oldmantutters
11-28-2021, 08:55 PM
It would be big to get up early and take #15 out of the game a little bit.

Bison Dan
11-28-2021, 08:59 PM
It would be big to get up early and take #15 out of the game a little bit.

almost every time he's in the backfield he gets the ball.

BigHorns
11-28-2021, 09:15 PM
Bussey tweeted out the score from last year. No snark, no words, just the score.
SIU fans think that win buys them a win Saturday.

SIU lost to UNI, Missouri St and YSU, none of which escaped the first round.
We will absolutely destroy them at home, revenge will be sweet.

PAC Bison
11-29-2021, 02:48 AM
Game in the Dakota Dome had the famous 68 yd "pitch play" Bentrim
to Molstre. Benny's knee was about an inch from touching. In Florence,
SD had a billboard. It read The South (Dakota) will rise again Go Coyotes!!
A couple of parents went up the night before the game and changed
it to The South (Dakota) will lose again Go Bison!!. Tom Brokaw, a SD
alum attended the game. 1985 Semifinals, 16-7, 1986 Championship,
27-7.

Google Bentrim to Molstre - the pitch. I kind of miss the veer.

MankatoBison
11-29-2021, 04:00 PM
Bison will handle business on saturday, but SIU is still not a team I'm excited to play as I feel they have underperformed the last... 5-6 games. If the team that played the last 6 weeks shows up- we stomp em. If the team that played the first 6 weeks shows up, its going to be an all out brawl