PDA

View Full Version : Rob Hunt

KTF
01-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Anybody heard whether Rob has decided to try his hand at the NFL level? I thought maybe Kolpack would write about it but nothing in the papers lately about Rob. I hope he at least gets a shot at it.

Bisonguy
01-12-2005, 01:39 AM
We'll probably hear more after the Hula Bowl.

KTF
01-12-2005, 01:48 AM
when is the hula bowl?

Bisonguy
01-12-2005, 01:54 AM
Saturday, Jan. 22nd- 6:00 PM CST on ESPN.

Gamehunter
01-12-2005, 03:18 AM
I would almost be shocked if he didn't get a shot at going pro, but I dunno if that is what he wants to do. I wouldn't bark about the pay though!!

Bisonguy
01-14-2005, 12:28 AM
WDAY 6:00 sports had a feature on Rob tonight. He's one of eight centers invited to the combine.

KTF
01-14-2005, 01:16 AM
I am unsure of how the combine works, do you have to get invited or if you are invited that means that you are expected to be at least picked up by a team for practice squad purposes if not more?

Bisonguy
01-14-2005, 01:25 AM
I'm no Mel Kiper, Jr., but I believe that you have to be invited, and that usually means that at least a couple of teams are interested.

GFBisonFan
01-14-2005, 04:32 PM
You have to be invited.

He is going to the Hula bowl, then to Arizona to work out until the combine.

I am sure that he will do great; he has had a great career with the Bison.

Congrats Rob!!

Former_Hitman
01-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Your right, You need to be invited.

Also, they only allow a certain number to the combine. I'm sure I'm wrong, but maybe 300 people.

mikelsch
01-14-2005, 06:39 PM
You're pretty darn good if you get invited to the Hula or Senior Bowls, and the combines. *Rob Hunt is strong, quick, and intelligent, and will be a good NFL Center. *Centers usually are not a premium in the NFL, so don't expect Rob to be drafted until day 2, maybe round 5 or 6. *Whoever takes him will get a steal. * *

Bisonguy
01-21-2005, 04:15 AM
North Dakota State Center Rob Hunt to Play in Hula Bowl This Saturday (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=105622)

MAUI, Hawaii--North Dakota State University center Rob Hunt will play in the 2005 Hula Bowl Maui All-Star Game scheduled for Saturday, January 22, in War Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. (CST) and will be nationally-televised by ESPN. He will wear his familiar jersey number 53.

Hunt, a 6-foot-4, 290-pounder from Cavalier, N.D., is the first NDSU player since running back Lamar Gordon to play in one of the major collegiate all-star games. Gordon played in the 2002 Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

Bisonguy
01-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Looks like Rob is playing right guard for the east. Looks like he's doing fairly well. The DT across from Rob is usually the farthest from the line of scrimmage after the snap;D

SDbison
01-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey Bisonguy, I noticed he was playing right guard too, although I thought he was snapping the ball for the first half dozen plays or so. I might have not been looking close enough though. I also observed he was doing a great job blocking, yet things were a little tougher near the goal line. Too bad the east fumbled on the 1.
Do they rotate in every few series or what because I noticed he was not in on the next series.

Bisonguy
01-23-2005, 12:41 AM
You were seeing things :P;D ;D ;D ;)

I also thought Hunt was at center for the first couple of plays- must be an optical illusion due to seeing him there all the time.

Looks like Rob is getting in every other series (hopefully). Montana has a OL that was only in the first series, but wasn't in the second or third. :P

I have Rob with about three pancakes so far.......

SDbison
01-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Looks like Rob was in on the next series. Saw him put a West player on the ground during a 3rd and 6 pass play. Awesome! The Bison helmet sure does stand out amongst the mostly blue, red and green helmets. Great to see the Bison logo in with other DI programs!

Gamehunter
01-23-2005, 01:58 AM
east just scored on a fumble!!

Gamehunter
01-23-2005, 02:02 AM
OOOOKKKK, take that back, EAST just scored yet again on ANOTHER fumble return!

Bisonguy
01-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Dang. Wish Rob could be playing on defense. The East defense has outscore the East offense 13-0. :-/

Was that the same guy from Michigan State with both TD's?

Bisonguy
01-23-2005, 02:03 AM
OOOOKKKK, take that back, EAST just scored yet again on ANOTHER fumble return!

I thought it was a INT for the second one. ???

SDbison
01-23-2005, 02:11 AM
Much as the game isn't much for offense's scoring (early second half), Rob Hunt is putting on a blocking clinic. He is doing an outstanding job with his pass blocks, and on the running plays I have seen him finish off his primary target and scrape off to make another good block. He is hitting his blocks square and pushing the defender back. I have yet to see him miss a block. Can't ask for more! Too bad some of the other West lineman can't finish their blocks. Also, looks like most of the running plays are off the right side which is a credit to Rob since he is playing right guard. Hope the NFL scouts are seeing the same.

Bisonguy
01-23-2005, 02:15 AM
I hope Rob gets a de-cleater block in before the end of the game.

He's definitely doing well, and getting lots of playing time. ;D ;D

Bison_Kent
01-23-2005, 02:26 AM
One thing that I found odd was Hunt is playing on the East squad (along with OT Proctor from Montana).

Sam Houston State QB, Dustin Long is playing for the West, however. But I believe a James Madison lineman is playing for the West--JMU is the I-AA titlist from Virginia.

Bisonguy
01-23-2005, 02:31 AM
One thing that I found odd was Hunt is playing on the East squad (along with OT Proctor from Montana). *

Sam Houston State QB, Dustin Long is playing for the West, however. *But I believe a James Madison lineman is playing for the West--JMU is the I-AA titlist from Virginia.

Nothing new. I think it was Leif Murphy that played for the Florida All-Stars. :o ;D

Proctor from Montana was an alternative.

BisonInTexas
01-23-2005, 03:24 AM
One thing that I found odd was Hunt is playing on the East squad (along with OT Proctor from Montana). *

Sam Houston State QB, Dustin Long is playing for the West, however. *But I believe a James Madison lineman is playing for the West--JMU is the I-AA titlist from Virginia.

And the kid from Minnesota Duluth is playing on the West as well as a running back from Fort Valley State.

I think 1234 drew up the East/West boundary for the teams. ;D

Craig

verk62
01-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Wow, it actually works. For a long time I couldn't stay logged in to post.

Hunt looked very good, I don't think he looked as great as some of you do but he had a very good game. Congrats to him and I hope he gets a shot to make it in the NFL.

mikelsch
01-28-2005, 05:34 PM
From I-AA.org http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=65671

"#53 NORTH DAKOTA STATE center ROB HUNT… 6034 294lbs, 4.88/4.89… shotgun snaps are a little high… athletic… quick… good strength… good size… could even gain some weight if needed… does a good job of getting to the next level… uses his hands well on pass blocking… should be a priority free agent pick up but with a good combine he could move into the 7th round… 2004 First Team All-Great West…"

"I-AA PLAYERS WHO HELPED THEMSELVES IN THE GAME:
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, Harvard
CB Duvol Thompson, Penn
C Rob Hunt, North Dakota State"

Bisonguy
01-28-2005, 09:13 PM
I think if Rob runs a sub 5.0 40 in the combine his stock should rise fairly well. He has the numbers on the strength, and is capable of a sub 4.9 40, which is fast for OL.