PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Senior Day

Jay
11-15-2021, 08:57 PM
Posted this in the USD pregame thread, but thought it deserved it's own. List of our seniors scheduled to participate in senior day vs. those that appear to be coming back. Tucker is undecided at this point.

tony
11-15-2021, 09:20 PM
Wow, there's a lot of history in this class. The only guy who I don't have years of memories of is Luke LaCilento and Gabe Lloyd - and that's because they transferred in.

SDbison
11-15-2021, 09:48 PM
I know there is a topic already about this, but who out of these seniors is definitely coming back?

Jay
11-15-2021, 09:52 PM
I know there is a topic already about this, but who out of these seniors is definitely coming back?

According to Entz today, he expects all to come back not participating in senior day. Tucker sounds like he’s still undecided. In the chart, if senior day is blank he expects them to return.

GreenfieldBison
11-15-2021, 10:02 PM
According to Entz today, he expects all to come back not participating in senior day. Tucker sounds like he’s still undecided.

Well if I was able to offer Lane any advice I would say this:

1 - do you have a reasonable shot at advancing to the next level?
yes - are you ready for that?
yes - graduate and get going.
no - come back, work hard, play hard, don't get injured
no - come back, work hard, play hard, train the fledglings and enjoy the memories. You can always go to work full time in one year from now and you will never again be able to do this football thing as a player at this level*.

2 - there is no 2! Who said anything about 2???!! Dammit! Just who if the fuck said anything about 1 and suggested there was a damn 2?

But hey, it's not my life, it's his life.

* - yeah I know 'kato that this don't fit your sorry story but, like it or not, fact is this is a pretty high level in the grand scheme. **
** - TAB, looking for some positive strokes here. How's my footnote game?

bruinbison
11-16-2021, 02:36 AM
On WDAY sports at 6:00 three senior names were mentioned as known to be coming back, missed the 1st one but Jasir Cox and Josh Babicz were the other 2. Eleven seniors mentioned as part of Senior Day.

Edit: James Kaczor is the 1st name mentioned

https://www.inforum.com/sports/7284238-WATCH-Bison-prepare-for-Senior-Day-UNDs-final-shot-at-resume-building-win-in-WDAYs-6-PM-sportscast-for-Nov.-15th

bruinbison
11-16-2021, 11:37 AM
As a Bison fan was happy to see one of the senior “Rams With Wings”,
TE Josh Babicz, is choosing to return. Always nice to have that 6’ 6” 250 presence at TE…

bruinbison
11-16-2021, 11:42 AM
Here is Kolpack’s article on Senior Day:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7283412-At-least-10-Bison-seniors-will-return-in-2022-because-of-pandemic#.YZLVgRHOL9k.twitter

Again mentioned is 11 Senior participants in Senior Day.
10 Seniors look like they are returning, possibly one more Jay already mentioned.

Professor Chaos
11-16-2021, 11:58 AM
Here is Kolpack’s article on Senior Day:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7283412-At-least-10-Bison-seniors-will-return-in-2022-because-of-pandemic#.YZLVgRHOL9k.twitter

Again mentioned is 11 Senior participants in Senior Day.
10 Seniors look like they are returning, possibly one more Jay already mentioned.
This is fantastic news. I was hoping for the guys who never redshirted like Cox, Kaczor, and Sproles to return but this is a landslide of returning talent. That's 7 defensive starters (if Tucker returns and you include Waege) and 3.5 offensive starters (Babicz being the half) coming back just in this group. All up that's potentially 16.5 of 22 starters returning in 2022... I'll take that!

tolnabison
11-16-2021, 01:46 PM
I am excited for them all to be back. I just wonder how this will affect the current kids on our roster. We have a lot of kids that have been waiting their turn as a chance to start. For example, Rock and Miller at tackle. Hopefully we don't see a bunch of guys end up in the portal because they aren't inline to start. I just think of Dom Jones, starting free safety in the spring, sits behind Weber this fall and next. Granted he plays a lot in sub-packages. Another kid like Julian Wlodarczyk, who had has shirt pulled a couple years ago. He has to sit behind Tutsie for a third straight year.

Hope we don't see a bunch of underclassmen hit the portal. On the flip side, I would like us to add a portal DE and/or DT. DE in particular with losing McCormick and Thomas. Also Waege coming off an injury.

El_Chapo
11-16-2021, 01:59 PM
will the chart in POST 1 be updated? or is that final?

Professor Chaos
11-16-2021, 02:07 PM
I am excited for them all to be back. I just wonder how this will affect the current kids on our roster. We have a lot of kids that have been waiting their turn as a chance to start. For example, Rock and Miller at tackle. Hopefully we don't see a bunch of guys end up in the portal because they aren't inline to start. I just think of Dom Jones, starting free safety in the spring, sits behind Weber this fall and next. Granted he plays a lot in sub-packages. Another kid like Julian Wlodarczyk, who had has shirt pulled a couple years ago. He has to sit behind Tutsie for a third straight year.

Hope we don't see a bunch of underclassmen hit the portal. On the flip side, I would like us to add a portal DE and/or DT. DE in particular with losing McCormick and Thomas. Also Waege coming off an injury.
More depth is never a bad thing but they should still be good at DE regardless. Even without Waege they'll still have Pierce and Will Mostaert. Shaka Roques looks like a guy who could be a 3 year starter type talent as well. Reed Ryan is another guy I had high hopes for when he was recruited but he's been blocked by upper classmen so I'd like to see him take that next step next year as well. But if they can find a good fit at any position on the o-line or d-line in the portal I'd say go for it... can never have too many of contributors at those positions. LB might be another spot to look for some depth.

Jay
11-16-2021, 03:39 PM
will the chart in POST 1 be updated? or is that final?

I can update as I hear updates.

El_Chapo
11-16-2021, 03:45 PM
I can update as I hear updates.

cool Jay. thanks.

AKBison
11-16-2021, 06:05 PM
Bart had to be pushing 30 by now doesn't he? (No purple)

Professor Chaos
11-16-2021, 09:15 PM
Bart had to be pushing 30 by now doesn't he? (No purple)
He's a true senior this year. Same recruiting class as Sproles, Jasir Cox, and Kaczor.

gavin2126
11-16-2021, 10:54 PM
** - TAB, looking for some positive strokes here. How's my footnote game?

Meh, I've seen bigger

Twincitybizon
11-16-2021, 11:15 PM
He's a true senior this year. Same recruiting class as Sproles, Jasir Cox, and Kaczor.

I believe he's referring to foreign students with questionable ages. Not necessarily with malicious intent but it happens

EC8CH
11-16-2021, 11:20 PM
Volson, Weber, and Gindorf likely have NFL asperations. Hankey's body has put on a lot of miles. Most of the guys who are leaving have good reasons to hang up the college cleats. Lot of talent in the group coming back for an extra year.

Twincitybizon
11-16-2021, 11:45 PM
Volson, Weber, and Gindorf likely have NFL asperations. Hankey's body has put on a lot of miles. Most of the guys who are leaving have good reasons to hang up the college cleats. Lot of talent in the group coming back for an extra year.

Weber? That would surprise me

roadwarrior
11-17-2021, 12:00 AM
Volson, Buetow and Thomas cannot return, as they are in their 5th season now.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2021, 12:37 AM
Weber? That would surprise me
Guessing he meant Watson. This guy has done a real good job in past drafts accurately projecting NFL draft prospects at the FCS level below and he has Watson (#5 - 5th round), Volson (#16 - 7th/priority free agent), and Gindorff (#18 - 7th/PFA) all in his top 20 small school prospects.

https://twitter.com/joshbdraft/status/1456071132889616385

Twincitybizon
11-17-2021, 03:37 PM
Guessing he meant Watson. This guy has done a real good job in past drafts accurately projecting NFL draft prospects at the FCS level below and he has Watson (#5 - 5th round), Volson (#16 - 7th/priority free agent), and Gindorff (#18 - 7th/PFA) all in his top 20 small school prospects.

https://twitter.com/joshbdraft/status/1456071132889616385
Yeah Watson seems a lock. Just didn't get the Weber comment. Good but with all the stuff safeties we've had he doesn't stick out

Twincitybizon
11-17-2021, 06:54 PM
Posters have shared concern about roster attrition causes by extra years of eligibility. Hasn't been mentioned but if sproless comes back I'd be worried about Henderson and raja. They've been borderline better players. Hate to lose them

TAILG8R
11-17-2021, 07:10 PM
Posters have shared concern about roster attrition causes by extra years of eligibility. Hasn't been mentioned but if sproless comes back I'd be worried about Henderson and raja. They've been borderline better players. Hate to lose them

What if they start ahead of Sproles? Haven't seen much from Phoenix this year and they may just pass him by.

Mr Meaty
11-17-2021, 07:27 PM
What if they start ahead of Sproles? Haven't seen much from Phoenix this year and they may just pass him by.

Follow him on tik tok..... Sorry could not help myself. lol

BISONBRI53
11-17-2021, 07:46 PM
What happened to Lippy (sp)?

Twincitybizon
11-18-2021, 01:51 PM

When was the last time a starter was beat out for his spot? Seems we heavily favor seniority. Look at the o line and kubas being worked all year. In the spring we looked better after he went down and zabel came in. Right back to kubas when this year.

Professor Chaos
11-18-2021, 02:03 PM
What happened to Lippy (sp)?
Hasn't played since the Missouri St game... I don't think he made the trip to Youngstown last Saturday. Hurt maybe???

BISONBRI53
11-18-2021, 02:18 PM
Hasn't played since the Missouri St game... I don't think he made the trip to Youngstown last Saturday. Hurt maybe???

Haven't really heard his name at all this fall... Looked promising in the spring...

HerdBot
11-18-2021, 02:24 PM

I was never big on transfers but after seeing how good Brayden Thomas has been, my view has been changed at that position

TAILG8R
11-18-2021, 02:25 PM
When was the last time a starter was beat out for his spot? Seems we heavily favor seniority. Look at the o line and kubas being worked all year. In the spring we looked better after he went down and zabel came in. Right back to kubas when this year.

Definitely agree that it seems seniority rules for starting positions. I think there is a lot of positive that can come of that especially for a program that is built on bringing in kids and building them into high level players. Seeing those around them grind and eventually get quality time on the field has to keep them going through the first years when so many are questioning what the hell they got themselves into.

That being said, it is frustrating in other ways too. All in all I would think it's about playing time and impact to the team. Oline is different but a position like WR you don't have to start to have a big impact on the games/team.

HerdBot
11-18-2021, 03:05 PM
We will have a really good roster next year with many super seniors. Glad to see so many come back Hopefully we can sway a couple more but overall this is great news

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-18-2021, 03:14 PM
Speaking of seniors, Bison have just as many on this list as Goldy. Bucky has 1 more at 3
https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1461332308645093381

bri-dog
11-18-2021, 03:36 PM
Don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but Gindorff has been invited to the NFLPABowl...

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1461366298869477383

Kujava23
11-18-2021, 04:52 PM
I was never big on transfers but after seeing how good Brayden Thomas has been, my view has been changed at that position

doesn't hurt was a ND kid to begin with

Snowgoose
11-18-2021, 07:58 PM

There is a big difference from a transfer that has succeeded (even at the D2 level) to one that can't make it on an FBS squad. Most of the FBS squad players are coming to us from teams that are not that different from us. A lot of people think they are so much better because of the B in FBS instead of the C but reality is that just isn't true.

Jay
11-19-2021, 03:06 AM
Per McFeely, Babicz will forego next year and focus on the nfl.

HerdistheWord
11-19-2021, 03:19 AM
Per McFeely, Babicz will forego next year and focus on the nfl.

Has he gotten much attention. I know Gindorff has.

SDbison
11-20-2021, 02:21 AM
Per McFeely, Babicz will forego next year and focus on the nfl. I wouldn't trust anything loser McFooly says.

Professor Chaos
11-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Guessing based on this tweet from Roehl that Babicz isn't coming back. :(

https://twitter.com/Coach_Roehl/status/1462028349392441351

Although I'm confused about who #46 is in that picture... Gabe Lloyd maybe???

56BISON73
11-20-2021, 11:53 AM

Why does the picture mean hes not coming back?

scottietohottie
11-20-2021, 12:21 PM

Because the black mamba isn't coming back.?.?

I shouldn't have looked at that. Twitter is so stupid it ain't funny. I'm a hater Tyler.

Jay
11-20-2021, 12:36 PM

Its been reported earlier in the week per Babicz parents he’s focusing on the NFL.

46 is Austin Avery.

also appears Lane Tucker is participating. Could still mean he’s undecided.

https://twitter.com/coach_braun/status/1462042057426583559?s=21

Professor Chaos
11-20-2021, 01:23 PM
Just because he's including the seniors on offense known to be leaving like Watson, Volson, and Gindorff but not the other seniors reportedly staying like Sproles, Mauch, Jensen, etc.

56BISON73
11-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Just because he's including the seniors on offense known to be leaving like Watson, Volson, and Gindorff but not the other seniors reportedly staying like Sproles, Mauch, Jensen, etc.

On the radio they just said he was staying. Lol