PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Game 11 Preview: The Coyotes

tony
11-13-2021, 10:51 PM
This is for all the marbles for ourselves, folks!

Bison Bridge Guy
11-13-2021, 11:02 PM
Get to the dome! Championship on the line and 50-50 raffle carryover from the previous game (first time ever.)

KTF
11-13-2021, 11:14 PM
USD comes in flat after giving their all to the rivalry game. NDSU will hopefully show up with the workman like attitude they had against youngstown and take care of business.

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2021, 11:15 PM
So, couple observations after watching USD a few times:

1. Carson Camp is gonna be a dude; and nearly there. You are seeing this kid grow up. He is going to be scary to compete against 4 years, particularly if they can upgrade their receivers.
2. Their kicker is not good, and Nielson is dumb whenever he has 4th and short refusing to go under center. He just makes it easy on you, even though he has a bruiser RB.
3. NDSU can run on USD....they are not that stout up front. Strong was killing them.

What a great game to end the season with outright conference title and very high seed on the line.....can't wait for the drive to Fargo on Friday!

tjbison
11-13-2021, 11:24 PM

1. Carson Camp is gonna be a dude; and nearly there. You are seeing this kid grow up. He is going to be scary to compete against 4 years, particularly if they can upgrade their receivers.
2. Their kicker is not good, and Nielson is dumb whenever he has 4th and short refusing to go under center. He just makes it easy on you, even though he has a bruiser RB.
3. NDSU can run on USD....they are not that stout up front. Strong was killing them.

What a great game to end the season with outright conference title and very high seed on the line.....can't wait for the drive to Fargo on Friday!Yup, hopefully they promote the hell out of this, will he a good game and I think for all the shit slung at the team...me fully included support is needed.

They looked different today, fans need to help.

Im pumped and ready for real playoffs

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tjamz
11-13-2021, 11:26 PM
Get to the dome! Championship on the line and 50-50 raffle carryover from the previous game (first time ever.)

I missed the last damn 50/50 by ONE NUMBER! ONE! I had every number except the last one! I looked at my ticket at least 300 times to make sure.

Bison Bridge Guy
11-13-2021, 11:35 PM
I missed the last damn 50/50 by ONE NUMBER! ONE! I had every number except the last one! I looked at my ticket at least 300 times to make sure.

That blows. Should probably check one more time!

1st&TennBison
11-14-2021, 12:33 AM

Yeah, but tell the truth now, that one number you missed it by was the first number

Bison03
11-14-2021, 02:36 AM
Harvest bowl next week, so I assume we are wearing the harvest helmets and likely the yellow jerseys. We have never lost wearing either of those! Anyone know our record wearing the yellows or the harvest helmet? I honestly do not.

CAS4127
11-14-2021, 03:45 AM

What a great game to end the season with outright conference title and very high seed on the line.....can't wait for the drive to Fargo on Friday!

USD has two solid RBs, one of whom reminds me of Chul Schwanke from back in the days.

bison22
11-14-2021, 04:26 AM
Camp is really beat up. Every hit he took today he had to leave for a play. His non throwing arm is barely hanging on.

El_Chapo
11-14-2021, 04:49 AM
Don't worry SDSU. we will do your dirty work again.....ya dipshits

cbline
11-14-2021, 09:58 AM
This is for all the marbles for ourselves, folks!

I will bring my 91 year old aunt to the game, the Franciscan Catholic nun who loves football. She has been known to yell at the screen and be on her knees in prayer when watching Notre Dame games. Don't worry. The Bison will have this one!

BisonHorns
11-14-2021, 11:37 AM
Is it too early for predictions.

gavin2126
11-14-2021, 12:13 PM

I thought they did a pretty good job against the run until the final scoring drive. Strong had 8 carries for 40 yards on that drive, but the rest of the game he had 20 carries for 63 yards. 33 for 128 as a team for SDSU. We should be able to wear them down but I won’t be surprised if we struggle early on the ground.

Professor Chaos
11-14-2021, 12:25 PM
I thought they did a pretty good job against the run until the final scoring drive. Strong had 8 carries for 40 yards on that drive, but the rest of the game he had 20 carries for 63 yards. 33 for 128 as a team for SDSU. We should be able to wear them down but I won’t be surprised if we struggle early on the ground.
Yeah, USD's run defense is much improved from their last few matchups with the Bison. It won't be nearly as easy as it was yesterday in Youngstown to move the ball on the ground. Punish them with Williams and Luepke and wear them down until they break.

southcliffbison
11-14-2021, 12:32 PM
I will bring my 91 year old aunt to the game, the Franciscan Catholic nun who loves football. She has been known to yell at the screen and be on her knees in prayer when watching Notre Dame games. Don't worry. The Bison will have this one!

Is this the lady that enjoys tailgating and a Jag bomb or two?

cbline
11-14-2021, 12:43 PM
Is this the lady that enjoys tailgating and a Jag bomb or two?

Yes, she was very impressed with the west lot on a previous trip to the dome. No, she does not care for Jag bombs. She does, however, celebrate her birthday in the convent each year by serving Tom and Jerry's to her fellow Sisters.

tony
11-15-2021, 05:42 PM
USD has two solid RBs, one of whom reminds me of Chul Schwanke from back in the days.

Watching the game, it seemed like USD was gashing SDSU on the ground (and vice versa.) Then I looked at the box score and both teams were barely over 100 yards, but those USD RBs are really good. They also have some really excellent WRs - heck Webb (#2) wasn't even getting much playing time until now. SDSU's pass rush was pretty effective against their OL so maybe there's a shot there - I doubt they want their QB to take any more hits.

On defense, they weren't able to get much pressure on the SDSU QB. They were mostly good against the run. They played way off the SDSU WRs. All in all, they just looked much more athletic everywhere than I remember.

If the 'yotes want to win, I think they have to run the ball 40+ times and hit on some key passes.

THEsocalledfan
11-15-2021, 05:48 PM
USD is one big hit on Camp from being screwed in this game. (they cannot win without him) I've sure NDSU knows this....going to be tricky for the Yote's with the NDSU D-line; quick throws only, me thinks.

garbageman
11-15-2021, 06:16 PM
Just hope the guy that ran across the endzone on crutches doesn’t play He is fast

Son of a Bison
11-15-2021, 06:22 PM
I remember when we smoked USD and their coach - I think Glenn - made the comment when he thought they might lose to NDSU and he said something like, “When they got off the bus.”

I also remember losing to them on a late FG as we could not stop their 1 counter play - similar to JMU. They had a LB/DE Andrew Van Ginkel that just destroyed us. He ended up up transferring to JUCO, then WI and made it into the NFL. Kind of like predecessor to Jabril Cox route.

El_Chapo
11-15-2021, 06:35 PM
Vikings after Minnesota Miracle.... 7-35

NDSU comes out & punches them in the mouth

tony
11-15-2021, 06:42 PM
Just hope the guy that ran across the endzone on crutches doesn’t play He is fast

I think his injury is what got #2 more playing time.

Jay
11-15-2021, 08:25 PM
For senior day, these are the players participating... meaning Entz expects the other seniors to come back for a covid year.

Buetow
Gindorff
Volson
Thomas
Avery
Watson
Ching
McCormick
Reinholz
Hofstedt
Hankey

Which means the team thinks the following seniors will be back next year -

Weber
Cox
Talbert
Sproles
Tutsie
Kaczor
Jensen
Mauch
Lacilento
Babicz
Lloyd**
Tucker
Ogbu
Waege
Wilson**

** = injury so not known

source: https://twitter.com/domizzowday/status/1460355693207244801?s=21

Professor Chaos
11-15-2021, 08:32 PM
For senior day, these are the players participating... meaning Entz expects the other seniors to come back for a covid year.

Buetow
Gindorff
Volson
Thomas
Avery
Watson
Ching
McCormick
Reinholz
Hofstedt
Hankey

Which means the team thinks the following seniors will be back next year -

Weber
Cox
Talbert
Sproles
Tutsie
Kaczor
Jensen
Mauch
Lacilento
Babicz
Lloyd**
Tucker
Ogbu
Waege
Wilson**

** = injury so not known
That's awesome! Way more coming back than I thought.... hopefully that holds true. Babicz will have a chance to really shine at TE. Tutsie and Weber will be an ever better tandem of safeties. Mauch and Jensen will keep some continuity on an o-line that's losing their best player in Volson. Tucker helps keep that DT position stocked well with proven players.

MLB will be a question mark... hopefully Weerts comes back healthy and ready to take the reins there. O-line will probably be a big point of focus as well for offseason/preseason banter even with Mauch and Jensen returning.

Professor Chaos
11-15-2021, 08:53 PM
I see that USD leads the FCS in kickoff return average at 29.7 yards per return. Their primary kick returner Wesley Eliodor had a 99 yard kick return TD vs Missouri St. That's an area where NDSU has struggled at times this year so hopefully they can avoid giving the Yotes a short field off a kickoff.

tony
11-15-2021, 09:22 PM
I see that USD leads the FCS in kickoff return average at 29.7 yards per return. Their primary kick returner Wesley Eliodor had a 99 yard kick return TD vs Missouri St. That's an area where NDSU has struggled at times this year so hopefully they can avoid giving the Yotes a short field off a kickoff.

Eliodor looked really dangerous in his first return against SDSU, but he also seemed a little gimpy afterwards.

StL Bison Fan
11-15-2021, 11:41 PM
I remember when we smoked USD and their coach - I think Glenn - made the comment when he thought they might lose to NDSU and he said something like, “When they got off the bus.”

I also remember losing to them on a late FG as we could not stop their 1 counter play - similar to JMU. They had a LB/DE Andrew Van Ginkel that just destroyed us. He ended up up transferring to JUCO, then WI and made it into the NFL. Kind of like predecessor to Jabril Cox route.

That was when we played them at Howard Wood IN Sioux Falls.

PAC Bison
11-16-2021, 01:11 AM

I remember the loss- 10/17/2015. USD hadn't won a game in the MVFC since 2013. Coyotes ended our 26 game home winning streak. Carson broke his wrist. Bad day.

No_Skill
11-16-2021, 02:57 AM
I blame myself. I was breaking in my new yellow Bison socks that day. Haven't worn them since.

JCEE1990
11-16-2021, 03:45 AM
This is the ultimate flip! Hope we are ahead by more than eight at the end of the game!

bison22
11-16-2021, 07:32 PM
If ndsu, Montana state, Jmu and Sam all win this week does the committee give NDSU the 2 seed or does it go to JMU/Montana state?

NDSUBowler
11-16-2021, 07:36 PM
If ndsu, Montana state, Jmu and Sam all win this week does the committee give NDSU the 2 seed or does it go to JMU/Montana state?

I'd guess it'd be 1. SHSU 2. MSU 3. NDSU 4. JMU

Hard to not give MSU #2 when they have 0 FCS losses, 1 narrow FBS loss, and wins @EWU and @Montana

THEsocalledfan
11-16-2021, 07:37 PM

IMHO, it would be Montana St 2, NDSU 3, JMU 4. That's if these yahoos pay attention.....

tony
11-16-2021, 07:42 PM
Common opponents: NDSU score / USD score

UND: 16-10 / 20-13
UNI: 34-20 / 34--21
ISU-Red: 20-0 / 14-20
MSU: 27-20 / 23-31
ISU-Blue: 44-2 / 38-10
SDSU: 19-27 / 23-20

tony
11-16-2021, 07:47 PM

I've got no idea. In that scenario, if NDSU isn't the 2 seed, I'd prefer the 4 seed. NDSU doesn't get to play the "disrespected" card very often.

cbline
11-16-2021, 07:49 PM
Common opponents: NDSU score / USD score

UND: 16-10 / 20-13
UNI: 34-20 / 34--21
ISU-Red: 20-0 / 14-20
MSU: 27-20 / 23-31
ISU-Blue: 44-2 / 38-10
SDSU: 19-27 / 23-20

This chart makes the USD loss to ISU-Red even more stark.

tony
11-16-2021, 08:13 PM

MSU is a weird one too... unlike NDSU, USD had a lead going into the 4th quarter (on the road, no less)

Since the start of the 2016 season, USD is 13-8 at home and 7-15 on the road v MVFC teams... that's one of the bigger swings... UND is 1-6 on the road vs MVFC teams and 9-1 at home in the same time frame which is the biggest.

For reference: NDSU: 20-3 away, 24-2 home v MVFC teams since the start of the 2016 season.

Hammerhead
11-16-2021, 08:25 PM
I've got no idea. In that scenario, if NDSU isn't the 2 seed, I'd prefer the 4 seed. NDSU doesn't get to play the "disrespected" card very often.

If the seeds hold, would you rather travel to Montana, Texas, or Virginia? I'd rather be opposite from Montana State since I don't think JMU or Sam Houston will make it to the semifinals.

bison22
11-16-2021, 08:26 PM

I agree with you. I think 4 seed would be better than 3 seed.

Montana State plays @Montana this weekend. Let's hope for a Griz win to give us the 2 seed.

Professor Chaos
11-16-2021, 09:12 PM
If Montana St wins on Saturday I wouldn't by surprised to see them get the #1 seed. As fun as it would be to see NDSU potentially go back to the Bozeman, the site of the original D1 playoff road beatdown, I'd kinda like to see them get another crack at the Kats in Huntsville but this time with a fully stocked team.

I mentioned this in another thread but the last time the top seed out of the MVFC wasn't in the top 2 was 2010. And that isn't just NDSU in that timeframe as Illinois St and SDSU have kept that going in years NDSU didn't. If NDSU can win the MVFC outright at 10-1 I wouldn't be shocked to see the committee bump them over a 10-0 Sam Houston into the top 2 even if Montana St wins.

El_Chapo
11-16-2021, 10:03 PM
If I'm Coach Entz, Before the game I tell Tyler Roehl, We need that #2 seed and putting up 50 points and annihilating the coyotes might propel us there. then turns to the players and says.. we turning this bitch up to 11. let's gooo

1st&TennBison
11-16-2021, 10:39 PM
If Montana St wins on Saturday I wouldn't by surprised to see them get the #1 seed. As fun as it would be to see NDSU potentially go back to the Bozeman, the site of the original D1 playoff road beatdown, I'd kinda like to see them get another crack at the Kats in Huntsville but this time with a fully stocked team.

I mentioned this in another thread but the last time the top seed out of the MVFC wasn't in the top 2 was 2010. And that isn't just NDSU in that timeframe as Illinois St and SDSU have kept that going in years NDSU didn't. If NDSU can win the MVFC outright at 10-1 I wouldn't be shocked to see the committee bump them over a 10-0 Sam Houston into the top 2 even if Montana St wins.

The only thing I myself care about if we don't get the #2 seed is that I hope we get paired up with SHSU. So they can be #2 and we could be #3, or they can be #1 and we can be #4. My reasoning for this is that I don't think they will make it to the semifinal game. And that would give us home field throughout. But either way, if numbers do impress the committee, we need to beat up on USD and that is final. Continue the play calling we had against YSU, and feed #44 and #22 the ball 25 times or so between them we should roll. My thought is we need a 21+ point beat down on them in order to impress.

gavin2126
11-16-2021, 10:58 PM

Carson Camp went out with a concussion early in their loss to ISUr, I'm sure that played a major role in the loss

tolnabison
11-17-2021, 11:41 AM
Carson Camp went out with a concussion early in their loss to ISUr, I'm sure that played a major role in the loss

Listening to the radio broadcaster for the Yotes on Monday. Camp is far from 100%. His non-throwing shoulder is causing him a lot of issues.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2021, 11:47 AM
Listening to the radio broadcaster for the Yotes on Monday. Camp is far from 100%. His non-throwing shoulder is causing him a lot of issues.
He gutted it out last Saturday. Left the game at least once that I saw and that was on a fairly harmless looking hit where he landed on his left shoulder. I'd imagine they'll have a quick hook for him if NDSU builds a good lead knowing that they're already in the playoffs and will be playing next week.

THEsocalledfan
11-17-2021, 01:03 PM
He gutted it out last Saturday. Left the game at least once that I saw and that was on a fairly harmless looking hit where he landed on his left shoulder. I'd imagine they'll have a quick hook for him if NDSU builds a good lead knowing that they're already in the playoffs and will be playing next week.

I you know the NDSU guys will be told to hit him as hard as they can, whenever it will be a clean hit.......for example, they run read option, you need to make him pay even if he hands off.

Kevin
11-17-2021, 01:08 PM
https://c.tenor.com/LLLl805ToH8AAAAM/rocky-drago-if-he-dies.gif

Professor Chaos
11-17-2021, 01:35 PM
Harvest bowl next week, so I assume we are wearing the harvest helmets and likely the yellow jerseys. We have never lost wearing either of those! Anyone know our record wearing the yellows or the harvest helmet? I honestly do not.
https://gobison.com/news/2021/11/15/coyotes-visit-for-harvest-bowl-saturday-looking-to-claim-share-of-valley-football-title.aspx

A LOOK THAT'S HARD TO BEAT: NDSU will wear its green "Harvest Helmet" and alternate gold jerseys for the first time since the January 2020 national championship win over James Madison. NDSU is 33-0 in gold jerseys since their first appearance in the 2011 season opener, 20-0 in green helmets since their November 2015 debut, and 14-0 in the gold jersey/green helmet combo.

Twincitybizon
11-17-2021, 03:48 PM
https://c.tenor.com/LLLl805ToH8AAAAM/rocky-drago-if-he-dies.gif

This, seemingly, has been ndsu's stance on opposing qbs for some time. And I'm all for it. Legally of course. At least at this level they still sort of make the qb a football player as opposed to the NFL where you can't sneeze in the general direction.

bison22
11-17-2021, 04:25 PM
damn near every time Camp got hit last weekend he had to leave the game for a play. If I were USD I wouldn't play him this game and get him semi healthy for playoffs..... but hard to do that when you have a shot at a share of the conference title as well.

Professor Chaos
11-17-2021, 04:51 PM
damn near every time Camp got hit last weekend he had to leave the game for a play. If I were USD I wouldn't play him this game and get him semi healthy for playoffs..... but hard to do that when you have a shot at a share of the conference title as well.
It's probably crossed the mind of their coaching staff to sit him since they have to feel very confident they're in the playoffs win or lose. They may feel as though they have a chance for a seed with a win also which would motivate them to fight for that bye week.

tony
11-17-2021, 04:57 PM
The student section is SOLD OUT.

:cheers:

Professor Chaos
11-17-2021, 05:22 PM
The student section is SOLD OUT.

:cheers:
Just a few hundred tickets left on GoBison as well and pretty much all in the double letter rows in the corners. Chapo hasn't even bumped the Bison Fatigue thread with the Facebook/Craigslist market report yet either. This might be a fun one to get loud at on Saturday! :)

SDbison
11-17-2021, 06:10 PM
Just a few hundred tickets left on GoBison as well and pretty much all in the double letter rows in the corners. Chapo hasn't even bumped the Bison Fatigue thread with the Facebook/Craigslist market report yet either. This might be a fun one to get loud at on Saturday! :) With all the Bison Fatigue much of the ticket sales must be to Yote fans!

tony
11-17-2021, 06:33 PM
Just a few hundred tickets left on GoBison as well and pretty much all in the double letter rows in the corners. Chapo hasn't even bumped the Bison Fatigue thread with the Facebook/Craigslist market report yet either. This might be a fun one to get loud at on Saturday! :)

Losing to SDSU sucked but at least it upped the stakes on this last game so that we'll get a big crowd for the seniors.

bison22
11-17-2021, 06:39 PM
I have 4 tickets secured and will be bringing my 3 little noise makers (kids)

bajadanny
11-17-2021, 09:20 PM
I have 4 tickets secured and will be bringing my 3 little noise makers (kids)

I have talked with quite a few non regulars that will be going to the game and they are excited to attend

daddy daycare
11-17-2021, 10:04 PM
Not strange that a competitive geographical rival would draw a nice crowd. Enjoy.

56BISON73
11-17-2021, 10:08 PM
Making it to my first game this year. :cheers:

tolnabison
11-17-2021, 10:31 PM
I have talked with quite a few non regulars that will be going to the game and they are excited to attend

I'm bringing a group of 20. And I am the only one that normally attends.

GreenfieldBison
11-17-2021, 11:23 PM
I’m going to Huntington Bank because it’s outdoors and according to vacuous westy vaccinations are decreed and, you know, FBS mother fuckers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
11-17-2021, 11:43 PM
So, is it possible, in a bizarre way losing to SDSU is helping attendance?

StL Bison Fan
11-18-2021, 01:17 AM
Have to get the little Bison started early
My three yr old granddaughter loves football. She knows that we cheer for the guys in green and yellow. You get the ball in the yellow rectangle at the end and you get candy. The guys who do it the most win all the candy. See how easy football is? She lost her mind when we had that big run last time.
Of course it might be the corn dogs, ice cream and popcorn. No pretzels. Even she knows they’re nasty.

bisoneer
11-18-2021, 01:49 AM
I cant go but gave my seats to a BISON co worker so he and his son will STAO!!! (scream their asses off). BEAT THE YOTE FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

HerdBot
11-18-2021, 02:10 AM

You gonna be serving up those slow roasted racoon assholes?

56BISON73
11-18-2021, 02:22 AM
You gonna be serving up those slow roasted racoon assholes?

Are you available again???

tony
11-18-2021, 02:22 AM
Have to get the little Bison started early
My three yr old granddaughter loves football. She knows that we cheer for the guys in green and yellow. You get the ball in the yellow rectangle at the end and you get candy. The guys who do it the most win all the candy. See how easy football is? She lost her mind when we had that big run last time.
Of course it might be the corn dogs, ice cream and popcorn. No pretzels. Even she knows they’re nasty.

OK, that is super cute...

And I'm not sure I shared this but when my wife and I watched the end of the USD-SDSU game and the Coyotes completed the Hail Mary, I went "woohoo" and started dancing around behind her. She said, "I didn't know you were such a fan of South Dakota." She didn't see that I was flipping the double bird at the SDSU sideline shot during my celebration. Not my proudest moment, for sure, but it was from the heart.

El_Chapo
11-18-2021, 03:14 AM

Harvest/Deer Hunting is over. it's cold ,it's November with nothing to do. no shit ndsu football should be sold out

bisoneer
11-18-2021, 03:37 AM
Sagarin ratings have Bison favored by 10 so lets do this! Last time we lost to the coyoties pups was when they had Streveler as qb and he went on to lead Winnepeg to a Grey Cup ( big deal really )and now he backs up Kyler Murray with the Az Cardinals. The Cards had Larry Fitzgerald an HOF Wide Receiver! (whatever happened to the the Sitting Bull game trophy that they play UND for?)

Professor Chaos
11-18-2021, 09:37 AM
Harvest/Deer Hunting is over. it's cold ,it's November with nothing to do. no shit ndsu football should be sold out
Deer hunting season (in ND at least) isn't over until Monday but not much for deer out there this fall anyway.

BisonHorns
11-18-2021, 10:50 AM
Sagarin ratings have Bison favored by 10 so lets do this! Last time we lost to the coyoties pups was when they had Streveler as qb and he went on to lead Winnepeg to a Grey Cup ( big deal really )and now he backs up Kyler Murray with the Az Cardinals. The Cards had Larry Fitzgerald an HOF Wide Receiver! (whatever happened to the the Sitting Bull game trophy that they play UND for?)
Sitting this one out.

bruinbison
11-18-2021, 10:51 AM

Thanks, was wondering what the computers & Vegas thought of the game.
This certainly turned into a much better home game matchup than what the people complaining about the schedule were saying……

https://gobison.com/news/2015/10/17/FB_1017153059.aspx

It was actually a 2015 game, before Streveler worked his magic for the ‘Yotes, that South Dakota shocked the Bison and Carson Wentz in the Dome. Ryan Saeger was the QB, not known for running, but he did well that day. 16 carries for 102 yards.

GreenfieldBison
11-18-2021, 01:24 PM

And I'm not sure I shared this but when my wife and I watched the end of the USD-SDSU game and the Coyotes completed the Hail Mary, I went "woohoo" and started dancing around behind her. She said, "I didn't know you were such a fan of South Dakota." She didn't see that I was flipping the double bird at the SDSU sideline shot during my celebration. Not my proudest moment, for sure, but it was from the heart.

Hey man, I mean, as long as you're sincere...

roadwarrior
11-18-2021, 02:07 PM

Reminder, in case you forgot: Tailgate lots open at 9am.

mtoutfitter
11-18-2021, 02:34 PM

Congrats PL!

mtoutfitter
11-18-2021, 02:53 PM
Deer hunting season (in ND at least) isn't over until Monday but not much for deer out there this fall anyway.

Haven't you been paying attention? Only things that matter take place in Minnesota.

56BISON73
11-18-2021, 08:02 PM
Congrats PL!

Drove over today. Its nice to be back.

Hammerhead
11-18-2021, 08:46 PM
Mrs. Hammerhead does that when the Vikings are playing the Packers. She doesn't have the animosity to NDSU's rivals like I do, so I'm the only one flipping the bird watching Bison games.

And I'm not sure I shared this but when my wife and I watched the end of the USD-SDSU game and the Coyotes completed the Hail Mary, I went "woohoo" and started dancing around behind her. She said, "I didn't know you were such a fan of South Dakota." She didn't see thatI was flipping the double bird at the SDSU sideline shot during my celebration. Not my proudest moment, for sure, but it was from the heart.

StL Bison Fan
11-18-2021, 08:50 PM
Mrs. Hammerhead does that when the Vikings are playing the Packers. She doesn't have the animosity to NDSU's rivals like I do, so I'm the only one flipping the bird watching Bison games.

I do tend to give the salute when on i29 going thru brookings

HerdBot
11-18-2021, 08:51 PM
Not sure if this was posted, but all the student tickets are sold out

NDSUBowler
11-18-2021, 10:04 PM

My wife hasn't made it to bird flipping yet, but she can't resist firing all sorts of shots at Brookings whenever we drive there or through.

SDbison
11-18-2021, 10:34 PM
I plug my nose and flip off Brookings every time I drive thru on the way to Fargo. Will do it again tomorrow afternoon!

1st&TennBison
11-18-2021, 11:48 PM
I plug my nose and flip off Brookings every time I drive thru on the way to Fargo. Will do it again tomorrow afternoon!

Why stop at flipping them off, get out and moon them while you're at it.

1st&TennBison
11-18-2021, 11:51 PM
Drove over today. Its nice to be back.

Even nicer to have you back sir:judges:

MontanaHoyt
11-19-2021, 03:48 AM
If UND wins there on Saturday SDSU might not be going anywhere or playing next weekend. I’m feeling dirty. Let’s go Hawks!

Hammerhead
11-19-2021, 01:01 PM
Cheering for UND is a new experience for many of us. :)

If UND wins there on Saturday SDSU might not be going anywhere or playing next weekend. I’m feeling dirty. Let’s go Hawks!

scottietohottie
11-19-2021, 01:06 PM

They'll be in Fargo in 2 weeks regardless of outcome of this game.

tolnabison
11-19-2021, 01:24 PM
They'll be in Fargo in 2 weeks regardless of outcome of this game.

I think a lot of that will be determined by how many MVFC teams get in and how many Big Sky teams get in. They have to separate them equally if there is at least 4 teams in. Which there will be for both. Also, I could see them getting sent to Missouri St since they didn't play during the regular season. Flip side, SIU could probably come here since they didn't play us in the regular season. I wouldn't be surprised to see SDSU funneled out west also. They have been sent to Montana St in the past.

All that said, nothing surprises me. I think having Matt Larson in the room has to be benefit the MVFC and us.

THEsocalledfan
11-19-2021, 01:28 PM
Cheering for UND is a new experience for many of us. :)

Kind of like cheering for a child molester to get acquitted.

El_Chapo
11-19-2021, 01:59 PM
a real bison fan is NOT cheering for sdsu or und, so who gives a fffffffffffffffffffffff

besides, we got some coyote shooting to do saturday afternoon here in fargo. Entz/Roehl better have this team ready from the start!!

scottietohottie
11-19-2021, 04:22 PM
Well I can't let PL and lakes out do me. Just bought 3 tickets in the visitors section. I will be there. First time since 2019. Let's go Bison.

My 5 year old asked me why we stopped going and it broke my heart. He will be there.

Hammerhead
11-19-2021, 07:21 PM
Is there a "bus aware" web site that tracks the bus from Vermillion like the flight aware site that tracks airplanes. :)

El_Chapo
11-19-2021, 07:47 PM
its 245pm on Friday, 24 Hours from now we better be putting a BIG OL ASS WHOOPING on these chumps. Screw the coyotes , I hope we put 50 up on them and Entz/Roehl decide the Throw the ball 30 times and F em.

MankatoBison
11-19-2021, 07:47 PM
a real bison fan is NOT cheering for sdsu or und, so who gives a fffffffffffffffffffffff

besides, we got some coyote shooting to do saturday afternoon here in fargo. Entz/Roehl better have this team ready from the start!!

Well, to be fair a TURE bison fan cheers for whatever is most beneficial for the Bison, which on occasion, may be a SDSU or UND victory

El_Chapo
11-19-2021, 07:53 PM
doesnt' matter, all that matters is NDSU wins gets #2 seed and rolls to #9

TAILG8R
11-19-2021, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aNnmFzTEd4&ab_channel=NDSUAthletics

CAS4127
11-19-2021, 11:16 PM
Just listened to Brakedown, and Ross Uglem. Good God—if I had a platform ...

They basically just reiterated what had been said here—weeks ago, mind you, about using RBs properly, that Cam is and will be a very good QB, simplifying the run game/blocking to allow players to just make plays, getting away from all the analytics, etc.

I’m hoping we see the same thing tomorrow.

A bit nervy/anxious about this game, as the outcome has lots of playoff ramifications.

Rixen
11-19-2021, 11:21 PM
I still go to nearly every home game but this one has the old excitement for sure. Essentially playoff football starts tomorrow. Let's leave no doubt we are on the hunt for championship #9, gentlemen!

CAS4127
11-19-2021, 11:26 PM
I still go to nearly every home game but this one has the old excitement for sure. Essentially playoff football starts tomorrow. Let's leave no doubt we are on the hunt for championship #9, gentlemen!

YES—THIS^^^ Give the committee something to consider. My understanding is that committee looks at wins against then/as is rated teams at the time the games are played, which they should IMO. If accurate, and we win tomorrow, we have solid argument for #1 seed. Cat’s loss to Cowboys isn’t a great loss, and SHSU hasn’t played ANYBODY.

Kevin
11-19-2021, 11:35 PM
Just listened to Brakedown, and Ross Uglem. Good God—if I had a platform ...

They basically just reiterated what had been said here—weeks ago, mind you, about using RBs properly, that Cam is and will be a very good QB, simplifying the run game/blocking to allow players to just make plays, getting away from all the analytics, etc.

I’m hoping we see the same thing tomorrow.

A bit nervy/anxious about this game, as the outcome has lots of playoff ramifications.

It’s easy to start a podcast bro pm me well make millions.

EC8CH
11-19-2021, 11:54 PM

Yotes fans even chirping back at the NDSU twitter account. Finally getting over the bunnies put some Joose in their fanbase.

Jim Puetz
11-20-2021, 12:22 AM
I literally have goosebumps about this game tomorrow. Senior Day is going to have a big positive boost for the BISON given the seniors who are moving on. I think we will see elevated play out of everyone because these seniors and this team wants the Natty. We bitched a lot during the first season, tomorrow is about the second season. This team can win the Natty and every other team in FCS knows that and fears that. I think we crush the Yotes, and after we do, our playoff mystique of pure mastery is our 13th player. Every head coach and senior leader of any team getting into the playoff is afraid of what we do in the playoffs, it's in their heads, but more importantly, IT'S IN OUR HEADS. GO BISON, POUND THE YOTES, GO TO FRISCO FOR THE 9TH NATTY.

CAS4127
11-20-2021, 01:00 AM
I literally have goosebumps about this game tomorrow. Senior Day is going to have a big positive boost for the BISON given the seniors who are moving on. I think we will see elevated play out of everyone because these seniors and this team wants the Natty. We bitched a lot during the first season, tomorrow is about the second season. This team can win the Natty and every other team in FCS knows that and fears that. I think we crush the Yotes, and after we do, our playoff mystique of pure mastery is our 13th player. Every head coach and senior leader of any team getting into the playoff is afraid of what we do in the playoffs, it's in their heads, but more importantly, IT'S IN OUR HEADS. GO BISON, POUND THE YOTES, GO TO FRISCO FOR THE 9TH NATTY.

Excellant—feel the same way.

Not sure why I feel this way, maybe because I liked (a lot) what is saw last week.

Kevin
11-20-2021, 01:13 AM
Excellant—feel the same way.

Not sure why I feel this way, maybe because I liked (a lot) what is saw last week.

Could be the ecstasy Scottie slipped you.

Just roll with it bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU

scottietohottie
11-20-2021, 01:36 AM
I'm so pumped I could kick my mom in the face.

Kevin
11-20-2021, 01:38 AM
I'm so pumped I could kick my mom in the face.

Could be the ecstasy you slipped yourself.

Just roll with it bro.

scottietohottie
11-20-2021, 01:41 AM
Could be the ecstasy you slipped yourself.

Just roll with it bro.

Don't forget the glow sticks bro.

scottietohottie
11-20-2021, 01:50 AM
I too am really really pumped.

Oh shut I said that already.

scottietohottie
11-20-2021, 01:53 AM
Haven't left towner county in 3 damn years bro!

scottietohottie
11-20-2021, 02:39 AM
And I just realized the entire family gets to flip off hawks and rabbits tomorrow at the same time! That might be better then the game itself. (But I doubt it)

Jim Puetz
11-20-2021, 11:01 PM
This game is exactly what I was envisioning except for the first 3 minutes of the 3rd quarter when we played the worst football in the history of football. This team is really good and we get some rest and prep time to dominate the second season. Anyone on our side of the bracket is in trouble, and if you show up cocky to the Dome for the playoffs, you will get your dick knocked off and fed to the hogs.

GreenfieldBison
11-20-2021, 11:24 PM
This game is exactly what I was envisioning except for the first 3 minutes of the 3rd quarter when we played the worst football in the history of football. This team is really good and we get some rest and prep time to dominate the second season. Anyone on our side of the bracket is in trouble, and if you show up cocky to the Dome for the playoffs, you will get your dick knocked off and fed to the hogs.

We have hogs? I thought they were Rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Puetz
11-21-2021, 08:34 PM
Don't read something into the post that isn't there. I never said we had hogs and I never implied we should feed the Rams another person's organ.

GreenfieldBison
11-21-2021, 10:06 PM
Don't read something into the post that isn't there. I never said we had hogs and I never implied we should feed the Rams another person's organ.

Hmmmm, translator must be on the fritz again. I'll have to see if I can get that checked out before our first playoff game.

Jim Puetz
11-22-2021, 12:29 AM
No worries. I'm very confident that whoever we play, we will knock their dicks off. What the clean up crew does with them after that, I'll leave that up to them.