PDA

View Full Version : Next Season Price Increases

SDbison
01-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Any rumor, inside information, etc. on what kind of price increases we will see for next football season? I know last year there was an effort to hold off on any DI related price increases. Will parking, teammaker dues and single and season tickets, all go up? How much is expected? Hopefully the promotion for teammaker thunderzone seats will continue and more vocal fans will relocate to these great seats. Also, the family general admission discounts are another good deal that should keep going. Just hope the increase is not too much so as to keep new fans out of the seats. Replacing the Mankato game with a DIAA or better DII opponent would go a long way to ease the pain of having to pay more.

IowaBison
01-27-2005, 06:11 PM
pretty sure teammakers will see a change, not sure how drastic it will be (20%?)

the thunderzone is still in operation, it appears that one can request to move there, but that no one will be moved out unless they ask

the idea is to get people to stand up and cheer (novel concept, I know) and that if people do not like it, they will be offered different seats, leaving spots for additional fanatics

JBB
01-27-2005, 06:17 PM
I thought we went from $250 to $300 last year, or did I just pony up an extra $50? I know I gave them an extra $50 the yr before with a note that it was for the DI move.

My guess is gen admin will stay the same and reserved will go up $3-$5.

SDbison
01-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Bisonfan1 and I are in the teammaker thunderzone and we are doing a great job to make noise and get the living dead out of their seats, if not to cheer on a particular play, then maybe get them to move for good. If we double our numbers next year, bring some signs and nasty cheers I think others in the dome would start to notice the little section that could. BTW the teammaker thunderzone is an equal opportunity section, we don't care if you are male, female, young, old, etc. just as long as you wear yellow or green and yell your head off during the game! Drinking is optional.

IowaBison
01-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Bisonfan1 and I are in the teammaker thunderzone and we are doing a great job to make noise and get the living dead out of their seats, if not to cheer on a particular play, then maybe get them to move for good. *If we double our numbers next year, bring some signs and nasty cheers I think others in the dome would start to notice the little section that could. *BTW the teammaker thunderzone is an equal opportunity section, we don't care if you are male, female, young, old, etc. just as long as you wear yellow or green and yell your head off during the game! *Drinking is optional.

Did you guys get many comments, leers, etc?

(ie do you think any one has asked to be moved?)

SDbison
01-27-2005, 06:35 PM
I would think some will consider moving based on the looks we got and the fact that many times I would turn around and wildly fling my arms upward (to indicate get up you poor excuse for a fan) yet get no response. I specifically remember a group of three men in their late twenties or early thirties (so called Bison fans) actually laughing at us in our efforts to get the crowd going. Just can't believe there are so many that come to the dome to be "entertained". ???

uncfan
01-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Sounds a lot like Nottingham Field. We (UNC) have pathetic fan support. SDBison

Bison_Dan
01-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Sounds a lot like Nottingham Field. *We (UNC) have pathetic fan support. SDBison

Actually I thought that it was much better last year.

Herd_Mentality
01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Anybody pick up the limited edition Valpo print, or catch it when it was in NDSU magazine? You'll notice the big blotch of yellow where the student section is and then another smaller blotch of about 10-12 people right near the field on the opposite side of the student section. Could this be thunderzoners? :o

Thunder_Struck
01-27-2005, 08:04 PM
What section and rows is this Thunderzone?

SDbison
01-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Teammaker thunderzone is Section 21, rows E & F and other seats nearby.

JBB
01-27-2005, 08:51 PM
For $50 each and a ticket I think we could get a suite for a game if we could get 16 people. *I think that would be fun. *It takes a min. of 16 people. I dont know if any more are allowed but the way it reads you cant have less. *Its $500 plus 16 tickets. *

http://www.fargodome.com/suiteInfo.cfm

IowaBison
01-27-2005, 09:29 PM
that site might be a little old

notice the asterisk

roadwarrior
01-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I dont think that TeamMaker dues will be increased in 2005. *There is always the push by the fund raising group to upgrade members to the next level of membership. *Actually the levels of membership were changed last year. *

The old levels were $100 - $300 - $600 - $1200 - $1600 - $2500 - $5000. *

The levels last year were $100 - $250 - $500 - $1000 - $1500 - $2500 - $5000 - $5075(half scholarship) - $10,150(full scholarship).

The amount of each member's contribution is strictly voluntary (and tax deductible), however what will change some day is the requirement to give a certain amount in order to have those seats on the 50 yard line (or 40 yard line). *The far north and south sections on the east and west sides are available as season tickets without the requirement for a TeamMaker membership, as are the lower rows in both endzones.

With the capacity to increase our average attendance by quite a bit before we reach sellouts, I dont see the individual price of tickets going up much. *But then I am not in charge. *Yes, I hope they keep the cheaper general admission tickets also. *This allows a lot of casual fans, especially younger ones, the opportunity to watch the Bison play for not much dough. *Hopefully these fans will be ones that buy season tickets in future years.

Parking prices are set by the Fargodome.

Basketball season tickets are currently $150 per seat for 23 home games this year. *This price hasnt changed for many years. *I would guess we might see that increase some next year with hopefully around twenty D-I contests at home. *There will probably be a big push for the sale of season basketball tickets next year.

Trimmy
01-27-2005, 11:51 PM
r-dubs,

So, $150 for season tix to both the men and women? That's pretty dang cheap.

Also, I saw the seating chart for football with the different sections depending at what level TeamMaker you are, but how do they work it for basketball? You must be able to get a pretty decent spot even if you're on the lower end of the TeamMaker levels, eh?

Thanks

roadwarrior
01-28-2005, 12:50 AM
At this point, I think new season ticket holders for basketball whether TeamMakers or not can get pretty good seats.

Yes, the $150 covers both men's and women's games.

sambini
01-29-2005, 03:13 AM
I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER AND I HAVE HEARD THAT YOUR TEAMMAKER DUES WILL GO UP DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU SIT. 50 YARD LINE SEAT SO MUCH PER SEAT ETC.. THIS IS TO RAISE ADDITIONAL REVENUE FOR THE 63 FULL RIDES. ALSO ITHINK ITS TIME TO RAISE BASKETBALL SEATS. BUT THEY ARE NOT DRAWING BIG CROWDS. SO MAYBE THAT WILL BE LATER. GO BISON!