PDA

View Full Version : NDSU name on ESPN WTF

El_Chapo
11-12-2021, 12:56 AM
holy crap. it's been like 3-4 years of this BS

WHO IS THE NDSU SID?
does the AD or President even care about this?

N Dakta St has been us on the ESPN APP for 3-4 years for football basketball etc.
2nite it's N Dakta St & then N DAKOKA ST. on bottom during game.

ENOUGH. this proves to me that these guys CANT make a phone call to espn, let alone a conference

just capitulate & don't make any waves... Hoople ND Style

TAILG8R
11-12-2021, 01:22 AM
How many thimbles of beer have you had tonight?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
11-12-2021, 01:28 AM
it's called disrespect.

all branding by this university should be NDSU. period.

unbison
11-12-2021, 02:38 AM
it's called disrespect.

Whining is the fastest way to garner respect

StL Bison Fan
11-12-2021, 02:49 AM
Could be worse.
Could say Fn’ Bisons

El_Chapo
11-12-2021, 04:49 AM
it's called Branding. NDSU should want it

I mean. come the hell on

N Dakta St. no one ever has used that

ByeSonBusiness
11-12-2021, 06:02 AM
it's called Branding. NDSU should want it

I mean. come the hell on

N Dakta St. no one ever has used that

When people from out of state ask where I went to college I say North Dakota State. I used to say NDSU but that usually resulted in me needing to say "that's North Dakota State."

56BISON73
11-12-2021, 06:33 AM
When people from out of state ask where I went to college I say North Dakota State. I used to say NDSU but that usually resulted in me needing to say "that's North Dakota State."

Its like SDSU. Is that San Diego State University???

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2021, 11:10 AM
The fact that this drives you THIS crazy gives me life.

El_Chapo
11-12-2021, 11:51 AM
The fact that this drives you THIS crazy gives me life.

you would be dumb enough to flaunt being called N Dakta St

scottietohottie
11-12-2021, 12:36 PM
you would be dumb enough to flaunt being called N Dakta St

Wouldn't bizon fit and stop the confusion? What the heck is Matt even doing.

CyPanth
11-12-2021, 12:50 PM
holy crap. it's been like 3-4 years of this BS

WHO IS THE NDSU SID?
does the AD or President even care about this?

N Dakta St has been us on the ESPN APP for 3-4 years for football basketball etc.
2nite it's N Dakta St & then N DAKOKA ST. on bottom during game.

ENOUGH. this proves to me that these guys CANT make a phone call to espn, let alone a conference

just capitulate & don't make any waves... Hoople ND Style

Thought this thread was going to be about NDSU being called UND, but find that it's about abbreviations!

In the realm of ESPN naming problems, this one is pretty low on the list. I'd be more steamed about the lack of in-house promotion by ESPN for their own property, namely the FCS championship game.

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2021, 01:11 PM
Wouldn't bizon fit and stop the confusion? What the heck is Matt even doing.

I'm just wonder who watches ESPN staring at the bottom line to see what the scores are when you can just look them up on your phone?

The need for this guy to validate his life by recognition of his college on TV is indescribably sad.

HerdBot
11-12-2021, 01:15 PM
It is dumb and what's even dumber is we are the only NDSU on the planet. It's not like San Diego State and South Dakota State

Horrible branding

scottietohottie
11-12-2021, 01:27 PM
I'm just wonder who watches ESPN staring at the bottom line to see what the scores are when you can just look them up on your phone?

The need for this guy to validate his life by recognition of his college on TV is indescribably sad.

Someone who's fallen and can't get up and forgot to wear their life alert necklace. Cellphone probably sitting right next to the dang life alert necklace too!

It's not all about you.

cbline
11-12-2021, 04:01 PM
it's called disrespect.

To paraphrase the immortal words of Richard Blaine: "It doesn't take much to see that the problems of university branding don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that."

El_Chapo
12-22-2021, 11:55 PM
again...

N Dakota vs N Dakta St

how the fuck is this so hard for NDSU personnel to rectify!!!! it's the dumbest thing ever.

NDSU is what it should be FFS

HerdBot
12-23-2021, 01:05 AM
again...

N Dakota vs N Dakta St

how the fuck is this so hard for NDSU personnel to rectify!!!! it's the dumbest thing ever.

Because Dre is the mother fuckin Dakta. It's like we Dakta J.

Hence forth, we shall be known as Dakta

ByeSonBusiness
12-23-2021, 02:07 AM
again...

N Dakota vs N Dakta St

No one on earth cares whether it says NDSU or N Dakta St

El_Chapo
12-23-2021, 02:19 AM
No one on earth cares whether it says NDSU or N Dakta St

then you don't know the 1st thing about Brands or marketing or advertising. just shut up

ByeSonBusiness
12-23-2021, 06:18 PM
then you don't know the 1st thing about Brands or marketing or advertising. just shut up

If I tell people at school (ya know, east coast elites)... I went to NDSU/North Dakota State....I get one of three responses.

1. Oh Carson Wentz! (Some comment about football)
2. Bet you guys had a good hockey team!
3. I've never met anyone from there.

I generally say "North Dakota State" when far away from home to avoid the blank look when I say "NDSU" and they wonder what that acronym means.

Answer Guy
12-24-2021, 02:06 AM
If I tell people at school (ya know, east coast elites)... I went to NDSU/North Dakota State....I get one of three responses.

If you just tell them you went to UND, maybe you’d actually get a date once in a while.

HerdBot
12-24-2021, 02:23 AM

I generally say "North Dakota State" when far away from home to avoid the blank look when I say "NDSU" and they wonder what that acronym means.

If you say you went to N Dakta St they will offer the following response

I don't understand. Do you need a doctor?
Are you having a stroke?

ByeSonBusiness
12-24-2021, 02:31 AM
If you just tell them you went to UND, maybe you’d actually get a date once in a while.

Lol oofda

I don't understand.

Yes this seems to be a common thing for you

HerdBot
12-24-2021, 02:34 AM
I like to jerk off my neighbors dog

Whatever floats your boat you sick bastard

El_Chapo
12-24-2021, 02:44 AM

you're an idiot.

GreenfieldBison
12-24-2021, 04:27 AM
you're an idiot.

… said the pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
12-24-2021, 05:32 AM
Whatever floats your boat you sick bastard

My neighbor doesn't have a dog. She does tend to not shut her door all the way and blares Taylor Swift... but thats neither here nor there

HerdBot
12-24-2021, 06:04 AM
My neighbor doesn't talk to me anymore because her dog got loose and ran into my garage. When she found him, I was jerking off the dog while staring deeply into his eyes. She called the police, but they said it wasn't technically illegal and they arrested her for trespassing and assault. She does tend to not shut her door all the way and blares Taylor Swift... but now she locks that door with 3 dead bolts and built a fence with barbed wire

That's unfortunate

ByeSonBusiness
12-24-2021, 07:49 AM
That's unfortunate

Are you OK? What's the weird fascination with visualizing other men jerking dogs off?

Son of a Bison
12-24-2021, 07:12 PM
I feel like there could be a game sign from the show Yellowstone where Jimmy jacks off the horse while in Texas brewing from this discussion. Maybe instead of horse it could be a Bison?

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 12:01 AM
freakin ridiculous

so tonight it's

S Dakota St. vs N Dakta St

how can they get the Dakota right on Sdsu. but not us. fuckin stupid

1998braves64
12-31-2021, 02:12 AM
freakin ridiculous

so tonight it's

S Dakota St. vs N Dakta St

how can they get the Dakota right on Sdsu. but not us. fuckin stupid26 character limit?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

El_Chapo
12-31-2021, 02:22 AM
26 character limit?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

bahaha. but they get all the dakotas right. except ours. because our admin won't or don't call them out

Herd
01-13-2022, 02:09 AM
If I see our university listed as . . .

NDSU (or)
ND State (or)
N Dakota State

I’m OK with that. I don’t lose any sleep over that. ND State might be as easy as any to decider. Yes, I like NDSU reference, but it’s not like your going to get everyone on that same page.

El_Chapo
01-13-2022, 03:12 PM
N D S U !

branding, marketing, sales 101 for fucks sake.

how the HELL does NDSU admin and marketing allow ESPN to put u N Dakta St like WTF!!

Hammerhead
01-14-2022, 01:23 PM
Is LSU the only other D-I "state university" that goes by their acronym?

N D S U !

branding, marketing, sales 101 for fucks sake.

how the HELL does NDSU admin and marketing allow ESPN to put u N Dakta St like WTF!!

IndyBison
01-14-2022, 02:51 PM
Is LSU the only other D-I "state university" that goes by their acronym?UNLV
UCLA
UTSA

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
01-14-2022, 03:33 PM
Maybe we should go with THE North Dakota State University

HerdThat!
01-14-2022, 06:26 PM
I thought we settled on QBU?

El_Chapo
01-14-2022, 07:10 PM
shit like this happens then I think. NO WONDER we aren't FBS. because these dumbasses can't even be bothered to fix this or the beer in dome or the lame gameday experience they sure as hell can't manage to solicit the mountain west

Herd
01-18-2022, 08:54 PM
The panel are members of Ndsbhe right, so bets are off on them making a sound decision on this.

Based on their pictures, I’ve go to go Cook or Tidwell. The UMn lady, hard no unless you want to drive NDSU left. Larson would be out of her element here.

El_Chapo
09-02-2022, 02:29 PM
here we go again! still not fixed

NDSU volleyball espn +

N Dakta St like holy shit NDSU marketing. you've had 2 years to contact ESPN by now.

NDSU. have them put NDSU on everything. it's called branding you dummies..

tony
09-02-2022, 02:52 PM
You can see the geographic distribution of who uses "NDSU" vs "North Dakota State" pretty clearly on google trends.

NDSU football, North dakota state football - Explore - Google Trends (https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=NDSU%20football,North%20dakota%20state%20footbal l)

Generally speaking, west of the Mississippi, we're NDSU; east of the Mississippi, we're North Dakota State. There are a couple exceptions - but I think that it's a good sign when Florida recognizes NDSU branding.

I'm working hard on Pennsylvania. :) I had an NDSU with Snorty cap on (not North Dakota State) and a landscape architect recognized it immediately and started talking about Wentz. He is not much of a college football fan either, but I told him to watch out for Trey Lance.

It'll be hard to make inroads in the NE because college football is not as big a deal there.

Edit: Upon re-reading this post, it is clear that I'm not that far off from becoming Grandpa Simpson and rambling on about 19-diggity-8 when I wore onions on my belt as was the fashion at the time.

El_Chapo
09-02-2022, 05:42 PM
it's all good tony

its just ridiculous to see.

N DAKTA ST for like 2 years

Kevin
09-02-2022, 05:52 PM
i feel disrespect bro

it should say NDSU 9X FCS (FORMERLY DI-AA) CHMPION

Hammerhead
09-02-2022, 09:48 PM
It's better than people seeing SDSU and thinking it's San Diego State.

ByeSonBusiness
09-03-2022, 09:15 PM
it's all good tony

its just ridiculous to see.

N DAKTA ST for like 2 years

N Dakta St is perfectly fine. Anyone watching can use their brain to figure out who that is.

When I'm outside of ND I always say "North Dakota State." "NDSU" puts the onus on the listener to figure out where I'm talking about, and for a non-college sports fan, puts them in the awkward position of having to ask where I'm taking about.

El_Chapo
09-03-2022, 09:34 PM
dumbest take ever ^^

gotta be NDSU or No Dakota St

ByeSonBusiness
09-03-2022, 11:17 PM
dumbest take ever ^^

gotta be NDSU or No Dakota St

Imagine getting worked up about it lmaooo

1998braves64
09-04-2022, 12:57 AM
dumbest take ever ^^

gotta be NDSU or No Dakota StWhy not NDSt?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-04-2022, 03:25 AM
it's NDSU. a fucking brand.

Troy G can't make a phone call or email and straighten this out after 2-3 years with ESPN? CMON

Rock
09-07-2022, 06:17 PM
N Dakta St is perfectly fine. Anyone watching can use their brain to figure out who that is.

When I'm outside of ND I always say "North Dakota State." "NDSU" puts the onus on the listener to figure out where I'm talking about, and for a non-college sports fan, puts them in the awkward position of having to ask where I'm taking about.

I get it. Whenever I see “Notre Dame” in my mind I translate it to “dickless pussies that N DAKTA St. Would robotically dominate”

Cause I got a brain.

People outside of ND seem to really get that.

El_Chapo
11-22-2022, 01:06 AM
please change this°° I can't believe ndsu marketing ad admin Staff can't get this simple change done FFS!!!

no one in history of this state has abbreviated

N Dakta St

NDSU. period. just do it already. it's been 2 years now!

El_Chapo
02-03-2023, 01:16 AM
STILL N Dakta St

but it says S Dakota St

sooo their AD & ADMIN actually got it changed.

why the H can't we? same amount of letters.

it's infuriating

scottietohottie
02-03-2023, 01:41 AM
2 or 3 more posts should fix it eh.

El_Chapo
02-03-2023, 02:13 AM
just showing the incompetence of our athletic department admin

unbison
02-03-2023, 12:00 PM
Your really showing your ability to be a whiney bitch

Bisonguy
02-03-2023, 09:24 PM
It's been like 5 or 6 years and Chapo can't even get this fixed?

I'm guessing he fell short on the 50k seat retractable roof stadium fundraising plan I gave him a decade ago as well.

It's almost like he's trying to turn NDSU into Hoople U so he can keep bitching about it.

LefseBison
02-09-2023, 08:08 AM
Have you written a letter to Troy G? Or to Marketing? Maybe they don't read Bisonville. Take the ball in your own hands and get it done.

BISONBRI53
02-09-2023, 01:14 PM
Have you written a letter to Troy G? Or to Marketing? Maybe they don't read Bisonville. Take the ball in your own hands and get it done.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! He's just the idea guy. Everyone else has to do the lifting!!!

El_Chapo
02-09-2023, 01:50 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!! He's just the idea guy. Everyone else has to do the lifting!!!

if they are too stupid or dumb to figure this out, then they shouldn't be employed. its borderline insanity that this isn't fixe.

unbison
02-09-2023, 05:48 PM
if they are too stupid or dumb to figure this out, then they shouldn't be employed. its borderline insanity that this isn't fixe.

I’d say the insanity is you being this upset about it

El_Chapo
02-09-2023, 08:27 PM
I’d say the insanity is you being this upset about it

insanity is every one of your posts for about 2-3 years following mine ...

The_Sicatoka
02-09-2023, 08:46 PM
Shouldn't the "preferred abbreviation" be in the media package produced by Athletics and given to broadcasters?

El_Chapo
02-09-2023, 08:57 PM
or just NDSU rebrand on fucking everything FFS.

LefseBison
02-09-2023, 09:18 PM

Quit making excuses. Either shit or get off the pot. If you will not take the 5 minutes to lift a finger or pick up the phone to point it out to Marketing or Athletic Department, then there is no sympathy. (I secretly think you enjoy being outraged over these somewhat inconsequential "problems", real or imagined) Save your outrage for the tragic problems in the world - start with Turkey.

56BISON73
02-09-2023, 09:40 PM
Quit making excuses. Either shit or get off the pot. If you will not take the 5 minutes to lift a finger or pick up the phone to point it out to Marketing or Athletic Department, then there is no sympathy. (I secretly think you enjoy being outraged over these somewhat inconsequential "problems", real or imagined) Save your outrage for the tragic problems in the world - start with Turkey.

Many here are afflicted with the same disease. When asked if they have called the people who can make those changes they just say--"its not my job". So they just continue to bitch.

unbison
02-10-2023, 12:25 AM
insanity is every one of your posts for about 2-3 years following mine ...

You pretty much make the board unreadable so I go in spurts of trying to infuriate you hoping you will grow up and get over yourself on here and realize all your negativity about everything ndsu doesn’t look good

El_Chapo
02-10-2023, 12:51 AM
You pretty much make the board unreadable so I go in spurts of trying to infuriate you hoping you will grow up and get over yourself on here and realize all your negativity about everything ndsu doesn’t look good

ok bye. go cheer on the cobbers

of course they have been notified for like 2 years now and they still can't fix it.

it's really stupid. either laziness or ineptitude

El_Chapo
03-07-2023, 02:45 AM
once again tonight

how the FFFFF can it read on ESPN.

N Dakta St vs S Dakota St

how can sdsu get theirs as Dakota but we cant?can't??

heffray
03-07-2023, 02:57 AM
once again tonight

It’s obviously a conspiracy against NDSU. Haters gonna hate.

El_Chapo
03-07-2023, 03:08 AM
It’s obviously a conspiracy against NDSU. Haters gonna hate.

well make that make sense .....what they have on screen

HerdBot
03-07-2023, 04:07 AM
once again tonight

I like Dakta. It sounds cool, hip and urban. I think we should lobby Entz to put N Dakta St on our football jerseys

BigHorns
03-07-2023, 09:02 PM
I like Dakta. It sounds cool, hip and urban. I think we should lobby Entz to put N Dakta St on our football jerseys

"Da Dak'ta iz in da house" lol

HerdBot
03-07-2023, 09:04 PM

Beeeeyotch!!

Hammerhead
03-07-2023, 09:15 PM
Maybe the legislature could pass a bill to change the name of the state to Sioux so we would be Sioux State University? It should get lots of support from the UND graduates.

heffray
03-07-2023, 10:03 PM

Dak ak aka Dakta