PDA

View Full Version : GDT vs. Concordia 11/9

bisonfan08
11-09-2021, 02:51 PM
Finally college hoops season is here! Can't wait to get to the SHAC, get me some Mac Daddy's and a cold beer and TAKE IT TO MY SEAT and enjoy some live hoops. This should be a fun season. There's so many good games tonight, will likely be watching replays on ESPN+ the rest of the week until our next game on Friday.

blackdiamond2
11-09-2021, 07:33 PM
I saw this note today. We use be rivals with Concordia.

Memorial Auditorium (Cobber fieldhouse) was completed in 1952. The first basketball game in the arena was played on Dec. 2, 1952 and attracted a crowd of 5,500 who watched the Cobber men defeat former cross-town rivals North Dakota State University 69-59.

tony
11-09-2021, 08:29 PM
I saw this note today. We use be rivals with Concordia.

Memorial Auditorium (Cobber fieldhouse) was completed in 1952. The first basketball game in the arena was played on Dec. 2, 1952 and attracted a crowd of 5,500 who watched the Cobber men defeat former cross-town rivals North Dakota State University 69-59.

Until 1962, NDSU played them a lot in football too. Cobbers won the last game in the series. REMATCH!

HoopsBison
11-09-2021, 10:26 PM
Looking forward to tonight. Want to see who emerges for the back up pg spot, we got a tease of Morgan last week cant wait to see him develop as the year goes along, lastly need some guards/wings to step up and hit some outside shots.

Go Bison

Strommer10
11-09-2021, 11:37 PM
I still think Greisel belongs off the ball. He's not a point guard, and I think we're wasting his true talents as a wing/slasher or around the paint. We just don't have that alpha point guard on this roster, like Vinnie was. It's the main weakness that concerns me this season.

JohnnyExtacy
11-09-2021, 11:47 PM
I still think Greisel belongs off the ball. He's not a point guard, and I think we're wasting his true talents as a wing/slasher or around the paint. We just don't have that alpha point guard on this roster, like Vinnie was. It's the main weakness that concerns me this season.

Definitely not a weakness for the way this team plays. They are better defensively with Griesel on the point, and for how good Sam was off the ball earlier in his career he shown last year that he's better with the ball and absolutely can create. Just don't give him a last shot clearout.

IndyBison
11-09-2021, 11:51 PM
Until 1962, NDSU played them a lot in football too. Cobbers won the last game in the series. REMATCH!If they have a good team it wouldn't be that different than playing Valpo or Butler. It just has a different look because of the D1 vs. D3 designation.

BTW...the team that beat Valpo the week before the Bison was Indiana Wesleyan. They are now 8-1 and ranked #6 in NAIA. I worked their game last week and they were a very good team. They have a chance to make a run in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
11-10-2021, 12:03 AM
Nice start. Technical difficulties in Spanish on ESPN +.

Strommer10
11-10-2021, 12:05 AM
Definitely not a weakness for the way this team plays. They are better defensively with Griesel on the point, and for how good Sam was off the ball earlier in his career he shown last year that he's better with the ball and absolutely can create. Just don't give him a last shot clearout.

That's what I'm saying, offensively it's not his strong suit to be the primary ball handler and a perimeter scorer. Watching him shoot fade away 3's makes me cringe. He needs to attack the rim a lot more. But I agree with what you're saying on the defensive end of the floor. The height of NDSU's lineup when Sammy is at the point is almost Power 5 level.

Jay
11-10-2021, 12:06 AM
Nice start. Technical difficulties in Spanish on ESPN +.

For those with an inforum sub… it’s working there.

ndsubison1
11-10-2021, 12:06 AM
Do NDSU BB streams ever work right away? Good God.

KSBisonFan
11-10-2021, 12:09 AM
Just switched to the wday app and working fine.

bison22
11-10-2021, 12:13 AM
Espn just started working....ndsu up 13 to 0

NDSU2006
11-10-2021, 12:18 AM
So on the WDAY app when it went to commercial it kicked me over to their weather radar channel and didn't join back when the game started. Not liking the start to this WDAY partnership. Wish Midco had won.

gabisonfan
11-10-2021, 12:21 AM
Espn just started working....ndsu up 13 to 0

So it's on ESPN +?

KSBisonFan
11-10-2021, 12:21 AM
So it's on ESPN +?

Yes........

Strommer10
11-10-2021, 12:26 AM
Grant Nelson is a freak.

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 12:27 AM
I have good feelings about this year.

KSBisonFan
I miss Brian Shawn on the call.

EC8CH
Richman practicing full court pressure again.

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 12:31 AM
I love these old people sitting behind me. They are so into the team and know their shit. Especially the lady.

bison22
11-10-2021, 12:32 AM
So it's on ESPN +?

It's on espn3

JohnnyExtacy
11-10-2021, 12:32 AM
I get it's Concordia but the ball movement on offense is really good. They are getting any look they want every time multiple options.

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 12:37 AM
Guy will pass Dez. Looks better already.

jcdcubs
11-10-2021, 12:39 AM
Why Tyree Eady is not playing today?

KSBisonFan
11-10-2021, 12:40 AM
Guy will pass Dez. Looks better already.

Already has. Guy getting minutes before McKinney. I like Kallman's game so far.

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 12:40 AM
Why Tyree Eady is not playing today?

Must be nursing injury. Look to not be full speed in warm ups.

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 12:43 AM
Already has. Guy getting minutes before McKinney. I like Kallman's game so far.

Two solid transfer pick ups.

Strommer10
11-10-2021, 12:44 AM
Must be nursing injury. Look to not be full speed in warm ups.

Rest Eady for the 3 game west coast road trip starting on Friday. Need him especially for the UNLV & Arizona games.

Bison up 39-22 at half.

bison22
11-10-2021, 01:24 AM
Wow Grant Nelson last 5 minutes.

KSBisonFan
11-10-2021, 01:26 AM
Wow Grant Nelson last 5 minutes.

Up to 20 points and at least 4 dunks.

Strommer10
11-10-2021, 01:29 AM
Rocky & Grant are going to be a problem in the Summit this season. Add in Morgan off the bench, our post talent is finally impressive for a mid-major squad.

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 01:32 AM
Rocky & Grant are going to be a problem in the Summit this season. Add in Morgan off the bench, our post talent is finally impressive for a mid-major squad.

Plus Sam Tyree and MHH that is impressive length.

NDSU92
11-10-2021, 01:41 AM
This team gon be good

HerdThat!
11-10-2021, 01:45 AM
This team gon be good

Feels like this is gonna be the best team since the Bjorkland/Braun/Wright/Alexander/Felt team

Also, how the eff is Concordia a Jordan Brand school?!?!

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 02:04 AM
This team gon be good

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/j092zesKreLZ3Ql8AZ0lwB9FaJo/fit-in/2048xorig/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2013/03/12/4/301/3019466/88f1a498917c06bd_tumblr_mb3g1wsyID1qdgmseo1_500/i/Head-Nod.gif

MNLonghorn10
11-10-2021, 02:26 AM
Feels like this is gonna be the best team since the Bjorkland/Braun/Wright/Alexander/Felt team

Also, how the eff is Concordia a Jordan Brand school?!?!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/w9mPOxYfio9OJKiZKg/giphy.gif

TAILG8R
11-10-2021, 02:32 AM
Why Tyree Eady is not playing today?Saw an interview with coach who said 'it's a shortlived thing and that's all I'm going to say about it". Didn't say it was an injury, didn't say it wasn't.

I know what my assumption is but is just that, an assumption.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
11-10-2021, 02:36 AM
Plus Sam Tyree and MHH that is impressive length.

TWSS or HS

Professor Chaos
11-10-2021, 02:37 AM
Saw an interview with coach who said 'it's a shortlived thing and that's all I'm going to say about it". Didn't say it was an injury, didn't say it wasn't.

I know what my assumption is but is just that, an assumption.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I think we can safely assume it's not injury related.

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1458267162133553162

"Tyree made a mistake a couple of weeks ago. Uncharacteristic of Tyree." DR "Something that he's working through, we're working through."

HerdBot
11-10-2021, 02:38 AM
This game in the 1st 5 minutes looked like The Dream Team vs some 3rd world country

Then they got bored

Professor Chaos
11-10-2021, 02:45 AM
Trying to temper my enthusiasm since it was Concordia but I'm pumped to see what this team can do. Rocky, Nelson, and Morgan are going to wreak havoc on big men in the Summit League this year... they're going to draw a lot of fouls and punish teams that don't get after it on the defensive glass.

I was also really impressed with Kallman... great court vision and looks like he can make teams pay if they leave him at the 3-point line. Guy had some nice passes as well but he also had a few WTF moments. Dez McKinney is going to be a defensive demon... which is good because there are some really good guards in this league he'll probably be tasked with defending. Hopefully as a group they can provide some relief to Griesel against teams that go full court pressure.

MHH also seems to be more controlled on the offensive end this year... he had a couple nice drives where he came to a jump stop and knocked down a little floater instead of flying at the rim. If he can develop some controlled confidence on the offensive end he could be a Tyson Ward lite type player (minus the post up ability).

HoopsBison
11-10-2021, 03:24 AM
Will be interesting if Sam will be able to go on Friday, not sure if he was sick or if he took a shot to the head in the first half but he was in noticeable discomfort on the bench in the second half. Hate to hear that about Eady, certainly whatever happened is out of charcter for him and hope we see him back soon. Our bigs are so good and talented. Watching Rocky, he is noticably better at getting position on the block, Id like to see our gaurds get it to him a little more when he gets the position. Kallman is just steady and will help with floor spacing. Definately a guy Dave can trust to be in the right spot and defend. Still need to see who will emerge in the backup pg duties. Both Dez and Willie had flashes and blunders tonight. Overall a lot to be excited about.

El_Chapo
11-10-2021, 04:47 AM
I love these old people sitting behind me. They are so into the team and know their shit. Especially the lady.

that's gotta be the 2 couples that sat Baseline with unbison & me all those years at BSA. they were awesome

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 08:39 AM
that's gotta be the 2 couples that sat Baseline with unbison & me all those years at BSA. they were awesome

It is two couples!

unbison
11-10-2021, 09:09 AM
It is two couples!

Yea… it was a couple couples

Professor Chaos
11-10-2021, 11:47 AM
Enjoy watching Grant Nelson play while he's here. His skill set for a 6'11" guy is something we're probably not going to see again at NDSU for a long time. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't since he could play for pretty much any college basketball team he wants to. I'd assume NBA scouts are going to start taking notice as well.

scottietohottie
11-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Yea… it was a couple couples

Good of them to stick it out even after lakes. That's commitment.

ndsubison1
11-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Enjoy watching Grant Nelson play while he's here. His skill set for a 6'11" guy is something we're probably not going to see again at NDSU for a long time. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't since he could play for pretty much any college basketball team he wants to. I'd assume NBA scouts are going to start taking notice as well.

Nelson is such a huge piece to this team. Total understatement. We have a lot of pieces and contributors. Hopefully Eady can get on the floor soon. 3 point shooting might still be a little bit of a concern, Kallman may be able to provide in that area. Very excited for this season.

bisoneer
11-10-2021, 01:47 PM
Good game and saw a few more dunks like against Minot St. but really wanted to see a big time dunk by Hardin - Hayes!! Concordia had a pic in the program of their returning leading scorer but where was he? Their Nelson looked good for a freshman.

bisonfan08
11-10-2021, 02:05 PM
Fun game to watch last night, the first 10 and the last 10 minutes were a blast and the team was 100% locked in. Definitely had some mishaps in the middle of the game but those things can happen when you let your guard down a bit when you're blowing a team out that bad that fast. My favorite part of the night was the lineup that included Rocky and Andrew Morgan on the court at the same time, absolutely awesome to see. The backup PG spot is still very much up for grabs, at this point I still prefer Dez because he's a better defender and he has the ability to attack and finish at the rim. I think Willie is a better player than he's displayed so far and if he finds his groove I could start to lean that way as he is a better shooter but just hasn't gotten it to start falling yet so I think that battle will last for a few more weeks.

I know it was only Concordia but the fact that this team played as well as we did with Eady out and Greisel not playing the entire 2nd half just shows the depth we have. Definitely an advantage during a long season, especially next week when we have games back to back nights against P5 teams. We shouldn't need either one of those guys to win Friday but definitely need them both next week so hopefully Eady is out of the doghouse and Greisel is feeling better by then.

southcliffbison
11-10-2021, 02:24 PM
Fun game to watch last night, the first 10 and the last 10 minutes were a blast and the team was 100% locked in. Definitely had some mishaps in the middle of the game but those things can happen when you let your guard down a bit when you're blowing a team out that bad that fast. My favorite part of the night was the lineup that included Rocky and Andrew Morgan on the court at the same time, absolutely awesome to see. The backup PG spot is still very much up for grabs, at this point I still prefer Dez because he's a better defender and he has the ability to attack and finish at the rim. I think Willie is a better player than he's displayed so far and if he finds his groove I could start to lean that way as he is a better shooter but just hasn't gotten it to start falling yet so I think that battle will last for a few more weeks.

I know it was only Concordia but the fact that this team played as well as we did with Eady out and Greisel not playing the entire 2nd half just shows the depth we have. Definitely an advantage during a long season, especially next week when we have games back to back nights against P5 teams. We shouldn't need either one of those guys to win Friday but definitely need them both next week so hopefully Eady is out of the doghouse and Greisel is feeling better by then.

I missed it someplace; why is Eady is the doghouse?

southcliffbison
11-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Got it.... didn't read the whole thread.

EC8CH
11-10-2021, 02:49 PM
I missed it someplace; why is Eady is the doghouse?

Undisclosed. Apparently for something that's not typical of him.

bisonfan08
11-11-2021, 06:47 PM
Forgot to post this earlier but here was my game summary article:

https://reachingthesummitpodcast.com/2021/11/10/bison-stampede-over-concordia-in-season-opener-88-44/