PDA

View Full Version : 2021 MVFC Race: The Home Stretch

tony
11-07-2021, 05:45 PM
The SDSU loss certainly made these last two games interesting (and, honestly, that's the only thing I didn't mind about the loss.)

Bisonville.com - Missouri Valley Football Conference Main Page (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/conf000033.html)

5-1 NDSU is only 1/2 game up on Missouri State with Youngstown State away and USD at home left.
5-2 Missouri State has only one game left - a home game against UNI
4-2 SDSU has USD away and UND home
4-2 USD has SDSU at home and NDSU away
4-2 SIU has Indiana State away and Youngstown State at home
3-3 UNI goes to Mo State and has WIU at home

The No-Hopers:

The 2-4 club: ISU-Red, UND, ISU-Blue - the best they can hope for is one game above .500
The 2-5 club: WIU sitting in a corner, dreaming of huge second-half comebacks.
The 1-5 club: A wounded Penguin.

NodakGreg
11-07-2021, 10:01 PM
The SDSU loss certainly made these last two games interesting (and, honestly, that's the only thing I didn't mind about the loss.)

Bisonville.com - Missouri Valley Football Conference Main Page (http://www.bisonville.com/fanguide/conf000033.html)

5-1 NDSU is only 1/2 game up on Missouri State with Youngstown State away and USD at home left.
5-2 Missouri State has only one game left - a home game against UNI
4-2 SDSU has USD away and UND home
4-2 USD has SDSU at home and NDSU away
4-2 SIU has Indiana State away and Youngstown State at home
3-3 UNI goes to Mo State and has WIU at home

The No-Hopers:

The 2-4 club: ISU-Red, UND, ISU-Blue - the best they can hope for is one game above .500
The 2-5 club: WIU sitting in a corner, dreaming of huge second-half comebacks.
The 1-5 club: A wounded Penguin.

WOW, what a remaining schedule for teams making a run on your top half.
This whole conference could blow up more yet, Jacks could lose 1 more easily, Missu could win in... SIU could win in still, Bison could lose another one? God I hope not, its all in front of them to get there game back on and make the final run....as teams in the past. I like our chances better then SIU, SDSU for sure...
Thanks.

tony
11-07-2021, 11:00 PM
Just to be clear, the three 2-4 teams can't get above .500 in conference play but all three when 2-1 in non-conference play so they can conceivably get about .500 overall. I kind of think that it won't happen though.