PDA

View Full Version : PLAYERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA a pure distraction

NodakGreg
11-07-2021, 02:44 PM
After watching videos of this team, the way they act on the sidelines during the game, after scores, they don't look like a humble team much anymore and that concerns me.
With the new social $$$ grab college players are now able to do, its a pure distraction from their obligation on the field and to their teammates in my opinion. Example:
Mr. Sproles - WR - he is all about social media - how much time is he putting into his game prep and how he can help on the field...? He is not barely part of the offense this year. He should be opposite of Watson and getting the ball more... He was better 2 years ago...

Also Weber our Safety is cocky, arrogant, and blew massive plays yesterday. Doesn't read or anticipate the plays coming his way...He got Burned terribly yesterday. This kid needs some serious humble pie and he got it yesterday.

I just don't like what I see in how these kids are living off of teams past, thinking they are Gods gift and teams are just going to roll over for them.

Wake up Bison! Wake up Coaches., other teams have learned and grown and caught up to our size, talent, and we haven't grown to the next level, yes FBS level, forget that. We would be a .500 team at best....so until we can go out in a big game and BEAT the opposing MVFC teams we need to rethink what it takes to be a championship college program....

8-1 - still leading the Valley, yes so critical on these young kids, but it comes with the territory....if you want to wear the Bison Helmet, then you must be willing to sacrifice your time, plus school, and help make this team the best in the NATION! Its not for avg. College players its for the best and we need to see this consistantly week to week, as for now...its on them to get it together, maximize the talent they have....and clean up there acts on the field and off the DAMN SOCIAL MEDIA crap! Act on the field like YOU've been there! These players do not act that way, very fustrating...

Coaches - get your crap together too...you have far too much talent on this team to not squash the BUNNIES but they have grown and risin to the same level of talent and speed as NDSU, so whatcha going to do...?

NDSU92
11-07-2021, 03:00 PM
After watching videos of this team, the way they act on the sidelines during the game, after scores, they don't look like a humble team much anymore and that concerns me.
With the new social $$$ grab college players are now able to do, its a pure distraction from their obligation on the field and to their teammates in my opinion. Example:
Mr. Sproles - WR - he is all about social media - how much time is he putting into his game prep and how he can help on the field...? He is not barely part of the offense this year. He should be opposite of Watson and getting the ball more... He was better 2 years ago...

Also Weber our Safety is cocky, arrogant, and blew massive plays yesterday. Doesn't read or anticipate the plays coming his way...He got Burned terribly yesterday. This kid needs some serious humble pie and he got it yesterday.

I just don't like what I see in how these kids are living off of teams past, thinking they are Gods gift and teams are just going to roll over for them.

Wake up Bison! Wake up Coaches., other teams have learned and grown and caught up to our size, talent, and we haven't grown to the next level, yes FBS level, forget that. We would be a .500 team at best....so until we can go out in a big game and BEAT the opposing MVFC teams we need to rethink what it takes to be a championship college program....

8-1 - still leading the Valley, yes so critical on these young kids, but it comes with the territory....if you want to wear the Bison Helmet, then you must be willing to sacrifice your time, plus school, and help make this team the best in the NATION! Its not for avg. College players its for the best and we need to see this consistantly week to week, as for now...its on them to get it together, maximize the talent they have....and clean up there acts on the field and off the DAMN SOCIAL MEDIA crap! Act on the field like YOU've been there! These players do not act that way, very fustrating...

Coaches - get your crap together too...you have far too much talent on this team to not squash the BUNNIES but they have grown and risin to the same level of talent and speed as NDSU, so whatcha going to do...?

Simmer down good god. It’s SDSUs super bowl and they pull out all the tricks for us. It happens every year sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. We’re both going to the playoffs and I have way more concerns about SDSU making it to Frisco than I do for us. They lost to a couple mediocre teams.

NDSU is the better team and while I agree I have concerns with coaching staff and team culture, it doesn’t warrant screaming on here in a childish rant. Pull yourself together man.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2021, 03:09 PM

OK Boomer. or is it Karen?

GreenfieldBison
11-07-2021, 03:17 PM
Simmer down good god. It’s SDSUs super bowl and they pull out all the tricks for us. It happens every year sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. We’re both going to the playoffs and I have way more concerns about SDSU making it to Frisco than I do for us. They lost to a couple mediocre teams.

NDSU is the better team and while I agree I have concerns with coaching staff and team culture, it doesn’t warrant screaming on here in a childish rant. Pull yourself together man.

Hey, you know you’re on Bisonville the day after a loss, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSU92
11-07-2021, 03:22 PM

Didn’t say I was surprised lol

HerdBot
11-07-2021, 03:30 PM
I disagree. Every team plays by the same rules. These young men put a ton of time into football and school.

ByeSonBusiness
11-07-2021, 04:27 PM
As much as I hate the Tiktok and all that stuff, that's not a problem at NDSU. None of these guys are getting the sort of money that would be a distraction. Thats a small number of guys right now.

FWIW, Notre Dame has a giant national fanbase and I haven't heard anything about any of them getting much.

I think the issue is that this team isn't particularly talented in the trenches and isn't well coaches. SDSU is a good team. The problem was not that they lost to SDSU yesterday. The problem was how they looked losing to them.

scottietohottie
11-07-2021, 04:32 PM
As much as I hate the Tiktok and all that stuff, that's not a problem at NDSU. None of these guys are getting the sort of money that would be a distraction. Thats a small number of guys right now.

FWIW, Notre Dame has a giant national fanbase and I haven't heard anything about any of them getting much.

I think the issue is that this team isn't particularly talented in the trenches and isn't well coaches. SDSU is a good team. The problem was not that they lost to SDSU yesterday. The problem was how they looked losing to them.

It's not the money. It's the dancing, it's the signaling you got a first down when you're getting your ass kicked. It's a distraction. Some of what made the old time Bison football so good and what is old timers like is the team aspect and letting the football play do the talking. I'd go so far as to say I'd like everyone dressed exactly the same on game day but I know that's way too much to ask this day and age, same color shoes, wear your socks and jerseys the same all that stuff to make it a team and not about me. That's what tik tok is hey look at me. Some of us saw it coming. And if you want a perfect example of what happens look at Patrick mahomes and that's not even him It's his wife and brother distracting him. Flame on I can't change with the times and all that fun stuff. I'll still take a good all fashioned hard working team every fucking time bro.

scottietohottie
11-07-2021, 04:36 PM
But yeah the interior oline sucks too.

bisontown
11-07-2021, 04:39 PM

“Far too much talent not to squash the bunnies” and then “they have grown and risin to the same level of talent and speed” haha. So which is it? Overreact much? Hilarious.

SDbison
11-07-2021, 04:47 PM

NDSU is the better team and while I agree I have concerns with coaching staff and team culture, it doesn’t warrant screaming on here in a childish rant. Pull yourself together man. He has every right to post these thoughts and they are mostly dead on. It is somethimg to be concerned about and to say just ignore it won't make it go away. This is how all great programs go into decline.

tony
11-07-2021, 04:48 PM
I, for one, really like this year's team. They seem like awesome people with bright futures.

SDbison
11-07-2021, 04:50 PM
OK Boomer. or is it Karen? Wow such an amazing post. Who made you king of turd island?

SDbison
11-07-2021, 04:50 PM
I, for one, really like this year's team. They seem like awesome people with bright futures. You serious Bro?

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 04:53 PM

Weve been watching this all year. We have won despite our selves. The mistake being made are a constant. Thats a reflection on coaching.

SDbison
11-07-2021, 04:55 PM
I disagree. Every team plays by the same rules. These young men put a ton of time into football and school. No you are so wrong. Every teams players have different levels of discipline and focus. The great ones work and play like a machine, always striving to be better.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 04:55 PM
Some even listen to rap music instead of George Straight.

SDbison
11-07-2021, 04:56 PM
Weve been watching this all year. We have won despite our selves. The mistake being made are a constant. Thats a reflection on coaching. This post sums it up.

heckler

Get off my lawn.

EC8CH
Wow such an amazing post. Who made you king of turd island?

Actually the perfect post for this thread.

scottietohottie
11-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Some even listen to rap music instead of George Straight.

Got to live my life like there's one more move to make.

DCinOK
11-07-2021, 05:07 PM
Bison Football every year is National Championship or the season sucked..for players and fans. I love that about us, but if you don't think we are dangerously close to being surpassed by the team we lost to yesterday, you're living in a dream world. Something...or some things...are being lost by NDSU. The spring season wasn't "real?" Losing twice in a row to SDSU is no cause for panic? Hiding behind, "It's SDSU's Super Bowl!" is NO excuse. How much does that Dakota Marker mean to us? Are we conceding the rivalry because "it means more to them."? Sad.

tony
11-07-2021, 05:12 PM
You serious Bro?

Yeah, I am completely serious. I like this year's team both as individuals and as a whole more than the majority of what passes for adults today.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2021, 05:24 PM
Get off my lawn.

NodakGreg will henceforth be known as OldTimeyGreg.

Kevin
11-07-2021, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I am completely serious. I like this year's team both as individuals and as a whole more than the majority of what passes for adults today.

Lakes speaks highly of most of their grandmas

td577
11-07-2021, 06:09 PM
This may be the dumbest thread ever on Bisonville and that is saying a lot. This is a hard game. It is even harder when you play a decent program. Every program in the mvfc spends 12 months a year recruiting, game planning, and directing every resource towards beating the Bison. Skeletor has spoken to this a few times. If you can beat the Bison, you feel pretty confident you can beat anyone.

Week after week of playing the other program's super bowl and you want these young men to match intensity but show no emotion? That is straight up fucking stupid. This might also be their only opportunity in their athletic life to capitalize on their talent monetarily. Why shouldn't they take advantage of that? I will leave it those managing this football team to determine whether their behavior distracts from winning. I'm guessing these student/ athletes are learning to manage multiple activities in their life simultaneously. Great life lessons and eventual valuable employees.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
11-07-2021, 06:36 PM
Bison Football every year is National Championship or the season sucked..for players and fans. I love that about us, but if you don't think we are dangerously close to being surpassed by the team we lost to yesterday, you're living in a dream world. Something...or some things...are being lost by NDSU. The spring season wasn't "real?" Losing twice in a row to SDSU is no cause for panic? Hiding behind, "It's SDSU's Super Bowl!" is NO excuse. How much does that Dakota Marker mean to us? Are we conceding the rivalry because "it means more to them."? Sad.

Lost to SDSU in regular season in 2016 and again 2017.

Apparently the marker means something to them too.

ByeSonBusiness
11-07-2021, 06:40 PM
Lost to SDSU in regular season in 2016 and again 2017.

Apparently the marker means something to them too.

Zero shame in losing to SDSU. They have been pretty good for a minute now. Turns out they can play ball better than our guys on a given day.

GreenfieldBison
11-07-2021, 06:52 PM
Zero shame in losing to SDSU. They have been pretty good for a minute now. Turns out they can play ball better than our guys on a given day.

I’ve heard they even award scholarships for FB there.

westnodak93bison
11-07-2021, 06:54 PM
He has every right to post these thoughts and they are mostly dead on. It is somethimg to be concerned about and to say just ignore it won't make it go away. This is how all great programs go into decline.The decline started with taking a knee and I'm not talking about in a victory formation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
11-07-2021, 06:56 PM
Some even listen to rap music instead of George Straight.Some even take a knee when they shouldn't.

westnodak93bison
11-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Zero shame in losing to SDSU. They have been pretty good for a minute now. Turns out they can play ball better than our guys on a given day.When the Bison don't show up and play or coach to their potential it becomes concerning to say the least. It was embarrassing to be in that stadium yesterday.

ByeSonBusiness
11-07-2021, 07:05 PM
When the Bison don't show up and play or coach to their potential it becomes concerning to say the least. It was embarrassing to be in that stadium yesterday.

Yes. The problem wasn't that they lost. It was how they lost. With you there 100%

TransAmBison
11-07-2021, 07:21 PM
The decline started with taking a knee and I'm not talking about in a victory formation.

You ever gonna get over that?

westnodak93bison
11-07-2021, 07:26 PM
You ever gonna get over that?I don't know. Its tough for me. I've been to 1 home game and 1 away game this year. I have 6 season tickets. I don't think I will renew them.

NodakGreg
11-07-2021, 07:27 PM
NodakGreg will henceforth be known as OldTimeyGreg.

Okay Im not young, your right, I hate that I had to rant about this team. Many of you are right. Calm the hell down. Your right. Sorry fellas.
The last decade of excellence has us believing if we don't win the conference or get to Frisco our program is failing....
We are spoiled I agree.
Each team needs to find their identity.
Each new coaching staff must find what works for their players.
But when they don't play to their potential and the coaches don't put these players in position to be successful I have the right to say, " WTH".
Ive traveled to many of the former FBS big Preseason games been there cheering for this team and love the Herd to death!
SDSU has had the same coach for 16 years since transition Stiggy is the only guy, as we have gone through many coaching staffs with success after continued success so I guess I need to catch my breath to give these young players time to find their way through the season.

So I digress, will try to maintain the big picture, Dakota Marker loss can go to SDSU but the NATTY will come to us is what we usually have accomplished most years....so I'll hang in there.

Old School fans maybe old school, but seeing is believing if certain trends continue over time... Yes we are still #1 and its all in front of us fans, so I'll sit back and just hang in there....

Be Herd. Thanks fellas for many comments on my post...

NodakGreg
11-07-2021, 07:33 PM

Totally agree. Great point. SDSU has followed the Bison Way of growing there program and they are darn good. I actually cheered for them in Frisco to beat SHSU.
So the Bison must continue to grow their game and believe they are the best mentality...Yes its hard once your on top to stay on top, everyone is out to get you, so watch out the next 2 games they won't be easy, but they are MUST WIN games for the Herd.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 07:42 PM
I don't know. Its tough for me. I've been to 1 home game and 1 away game this year. I have 6 season tickets. I don't think I will renew them.

For what reason?

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 07:53 PM
You ever gonna get over that?

Theres a lot who haven't. I know a family that has been associated with the Bison for over 100 year. If It happens again without disciplinary action they are gone.

There many more in wait and see mode as well.

bisonpride4ever
11-07-2021, 08:02 PM
If only we could go back to the good ol’ days of when our QB broke into a dorm and stole a mattress during holiday break. Or when our star RB kicked out a window while on a different campus. Or when another RB got charged with sexual assault and kicked off the team. Or when a player led a theft ring out of a Best Buy. Or when that same player got a DUI. Or when they had four players get DUIs in six months. Or when our players get arrested at practice for drugs. But God forbid don’t you dare dance. Don’t you dare show any emotion. Don’t you dare use social media. Don’t you dare take a knee. That would be far too disrespectful. [emoji849][emoji849]

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 08:13 PM
Theres a lot who haven't. I know a family that has been associated with the Bison for over 100 year. If It happens again without disciplinary action they are gone.

Best keep an eye out then at all time huh Mr. Hall Monitor?

NodakGreg
11-07-2021, 08:57 PM

Yes I can agree to that.
I guess every year its hard for this team to play lights out football every game... These young guys are going to have a down game or a let down game and can't play perfect all the time....again we have seen such good football with this program week to week its hard NOT to EXPECT the BEST when they play....
They looked flat, no pressure on Rabbits at all from front 7?
Cam looked great leading the way for 2 series then it looked scattered, or my wife said, he looks nervous, but I think his play choices didn't help him.

SDSU is as good as they have ever been. That being said, if our boys want to get back to Frisco then lets hope they want a RING more then the Marker...

Good feedback thanks, I shouldn't of ranted the day after, but I just hope our coaches know what the hell they are doing....

bisonaudit
11-07-2021, 09:05 PM

well if it happens again and there is disciple for anyone on the team. I’m gone.

EndZoneQB
11-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Okay Im not young, your right, I hate that I had to rant about this team. Many of you are right. Calm the hell down. Your right. Sorry fellas.
The last decade of excellence has us believing if we don't win the conference or get to Frisco our program is failing....
We are spoiled I agree.
Each team needs to find their identity.
Each new coaching staff must find what works for their players.
But when they don't play to their potential and the coaches don't put these players in position to be successful I have the right to say, " WTH".
Ive traveled to many of the former FBS big Preseason games been there cheering for this team and love the Herd to death!
SDSU has had the same coach for 16 years since transition Stiggy is the only guy, as we have gone through many coaching staffs with success after continued success so I guess I need to catch my breath to give these young players time to find their way through the season.

So I digress, will try to maintain the big picture, Dakota Marker loss can go to SDSU but the NATTY will come to us is what we usually have accomplished most years....so I'll hang in there.

Old School fans maybe old school, but seeing is believing if certain trends continue over time... Yes we are still #1 and its all in front of us fans, so I'll sit back and just hang in there....

Be Herd. Thanks fellas for many comments on my post...

I'm mostly just playing. There were a lot of things to be disgusted about yesterday, and it definitely starts at the top. I just don't think social media/personalities are really the issue. It's easy to look at it that way when things don't go right, but you have to remember these kids have spent their entire lives on social media. It's not like this is some new found toy that's a distraction - this is woven into the fiber of their lives - no matter how bad/detrimental you or anyone else thinks it is to them, not having it would be more of a disruption than having it. Klieman figured this out early on in his tenure and it was not an issue. Think of it as your generation's(making assumptions here) "rock music" and how your parents viewed that it was going to corrupt you. We can argue whether that was true or not(I kid, I kid), but I think you get the point.

Give me a break. Let me guess, these snowflakes also are the first ones to call the younger generation a snowflake too, huh? What an embarrassing thing to worry about. I bet y'all scream MuH fReEduMbS at the same time too right?

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 09:11 PM
I'm mostly just playing. There were a lot of things to be disgusted about yesterday, and it definitely starts at the top. I just don't think social media/personalities are really the issue. It's easy to look at it that way when things don't go right, but you have to remember these kids have spent their entire lives on social media. It's not like this is some new found toy that's a distraction - this is woven into the fiber of their lives - no matter how bad/detrimental you or anyone else thinks it is to them, not having it would be more of a disruption than having it. Klieman figured this out early on in his tenure and it was not an issue. Think of it as your generation's(making assumptions here) "rock music" and how your parents viewed that it was going to corrupt you. We can argue whether that was true or not(I kid, I kid), but I think you get the point.

Give me a break. Let me guess, these snowflakes also are the first ones to call the younger generation a snowflake too, huh? What an embarrassing thing to worry about. I bet y'all scream MuH fReEduMbS at the same time too right?

Yeah you go with that.

HerdBot
11-07-2021, 09:14 PM
I'm going to go as far as wishing there was more of it. It teaches players the business side of life but more importantly, it encourages mature behavior. I would rather see Phoenix endorse a local businesses than Marcus collecting signatures

Nobody had a problem with Jedre Cyr working in his dads trucking business. ESPN even did a story on him.

TransAmBison
11-07-2021, 09:16 PM

Wait and see? It was the first game of last season. How long are people waiting?

westnodak93bison
11-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Best keep an eye out then at all time huh Mr. Hall Monitor?Pot calling the kettle black...lol

unbison
11-07-2021, 09:25 PM
Pot calling the kettle black...lol

So you admit there is truth in his name calling

EndZoneQB
11-07-2021, 09:28 PM
Wait and see? It was the first game of last season. How long are people waiting?

For over 100 years. People don't forget when they were wronged, dagnabbit!

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 09:29 PM

Dont know. Every one has there own parameters.

The people who have been buying my extra tailgate spots for years and got the polite fuckoff response from Entz on there concerns were really conflicted and said they would see how it goes for one more year.

Rock
11-07-2021, 09:31 PM
well if it happens again and there is disciple for anyone on the team. I’m gone.

If your gone then I’m out.

semobison
11-07-2021, 09:39 PM
If only we could go back to the good ol’ days of when our QB broke into a dorm and stole a mattress during holiday break. Or when our star RB kicked out a window while on a different campus. Or when another RB got charged with sexual assault and kicked off the team. Or when a player led a theft ring out of a Best Buy. Or when that same player got a DUI. Or when they had four players get DUIs in six months. Or when our players get arrested at practice for drugs. But God forbid don’t you dare dance. Don’t you dare show any emotion. Don’t you dare use social media. Don’t you dare take a knee. That would be far too disrespectful. [emoji849][emoji849]

Ain’t this the truth...thank you!

semobison
11-07-2021, 09:42 PM

The people who have been buying my extra tailgate spots for years and got the polite fuckoff response from Entz on there concerns were really conflicted and said they would see how it goes for one more year.

I hope these people don’t let the door hit em in the ass when they leave!

HerdBot
11-07-2021, 09:49 PM

I don't think Entz had any control over it. It's basically a right now, as long as they follow parameters

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 09:50 PM
Pot calling the kettle black...lol

I've never threatened NDSU administration that I'd pull my support for the program unless student athletes were punished for expressing an opinion I disagreed with.

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 09:50 PM

I certainly hope so. One must have beliefs and the conviction to go along with them.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 09:51 PM

I dunno, their fee fees are awfully tender.

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 09:52 PM
I don't think Entz had any control over it. It's basically a right now, as long as they follow parameters

He had control over his response.

OrygunBison
11-07-2021, 09:53 PM
I certainly hope so. One must have beliefs and the conviction to go along with them.

Unless you're a player?

HerdBot
11-07-2021, 09:55 PM

That's very true.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 09:57 PM

And his respondents had control over understanding their sense of entitlement doesn't extend over the free speech of student athletes even if they donate to the university.

GreenfieldBison
11-07-2021, 09:57 PM
Yes I can agree to that.
I guess every year its hard for this team to play lights out football every game... These young guys are going to have a down game or a let down game and can't play perfect all the time....again we have seen such good football with this program week to week its hard NOT to EXPECT the BEST when they play....
They looked flat, no pressure on Rabbits at all from front 7?
Cam looked great leading the way for 2 series then it looked scattered, or my wife said, he looks nervous, but I think his play choices didn't help him.

SDSU is as good as they have ever been. That being said, if our boys want to get back to Frisco then lets hope they want a RING more then the Marker...

Good feedback thanks, I shouldn't of ranted the day after, but I just hope our coaches know what the hell they are doing....

Might do us all a bit of good to remember that Cam is a redshirt freshman.

Yep, that’s right. How expansive was the playbook for young Mr. Stick when he first took the reins in Carson’s absence? I vaguely remember lots of QB runs.

Not sure what up with QPII but I have a suspicion he has some uncorrected or uncorrectable vision problem. Like poor peripheral vision for example. Who knows.

Point is we don’t really have a clue what this staff is dealing with in terms of player issues.

I also suspect we have some potential bell-cow RB who are not near 100%

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 09:59 PM
Remember the snowflakes freaking out when the anthem wasn't played twice during basketball double headers like it was some conspiracy?!?! Good times.

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 10:00 PM
Unless you're a player?

Had nothing to do with their beliefs. It had everything to do with time and place. That seems to the snag some cant understand.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 10:01 PM

Yep, that’s right. How expansive was the playbook for young Mr. Stick when he first took the reins in Carson’s absence? I vaguely remember lots of QB runs.

Not sure what up with QPII but I have a suspicion he has some uncorrected or uncorrectable vision problem. Like poor peripheral vision for example. Who knows.

Point is we don’t really have a clue what this staff is dealing with in terms of player issues.

Cole Payton is a true Freshman... Don't know why I'm pointing that out, just seems important.

56BISON73
11-07-2021, 10:05 PM

I've had no issues with Cam. Hes making some rookie mistakes.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 10:05 PM
Had nothing to do with their beliefs. It had everything to do with time and place. That seems to the snag some cant understand.

CAS's Twitter rant says otherwise.

marenlee
11-07-2021, 10:06 PM

I don't understand why people are still crying about the social justice protests. The protests at NDSU were non-existent compared to most other programs in the nation.

NodakGreg
11-07-2021, 10:50 PM

Great points on all. I'll take into advisement.

NodakGreg
11-07-2021, 11:00 PM
To Endzone QB,
It seems you have good perspective on the social media thing as this younger generation. As do you with the previous coaching staffs on how to handle routines and focus on school and football. It shows my age being 55.

Thanks for the feedback and good to know we have knowledgeable guys on this forum.
I don't like the F bombs, that is not necessary for those Bisonville bloggers should be removed in my opinion...

westnodak93bison
11-07-2021, 11:02 PM
I've never threatened NDSU administration that I'd pull my support for the program unless student athletes were punished for expressing an opinion I disagreed with.Me neither

GreenfieldBison
11-07-2021, 11:02 PM
Great points on all. I'll take into advisement.

Sorry - I did not mean to direct that to you personally but rather to all of us. Should have replied to thread and not your post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 11:38 PM
Me neither

Cool cause that'd be a huge Karen thing to do

westnodak93bison
11-07-2021, 11:49 PM
Cool cause that'd be a huge Karen thing to doIts all on the AD and HC. No guts.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 11:52 PM
Its all on the AD and HC. No guts.

What is "on" them? No guts to do what exactly?

gabisonfan
11-07-2021, 11:52 PM
I don't understand why people are still crying about the social justice protests. The protests at NDSU were non-existent compared to most other programs in the nation.

You can agree with the protests were minor and they only cheated a little bit on their taxes, or either of them will piss some people off. People have a right to express their opinions. We live in a free country, at least till now. Anyone who feels they've been wronged should say so. Others who don't agree are entitled to their opinions.

Hammerhead
11-07-2021, 11:53 PM
You left out the fraudulent signatures collected for a ballot measure.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 11:56 PM
You can agree with the protests were minor and they only cheated a little bit on their taxes, or either of them will piss some people off. People have a right to express their opinions. We live in a free country, at least till now. Anyone who feels they've been wronged should say so. Others who don't agree are entitled to their opinions.

It's the hypocrisy of railing against "cancel culture" but then failing to understand when one is a practitioner.

Kevin
11-07-2021, 11:56 PM
Cole Payton is a true Freshman... Don't know why I'm pointing that out, just seems important.

And like Easton he can run.

Cam doesn’t have the same skill set. He can’t carry a team with his legs like the last two guys.

marenlee
11-07-2021, 11:57 PM

Or a former linebacker exposing himself in public.

EC8CH
11-07-2021, 11:58 PM
And like Easton he can run.

Cam doesn’t have the same skill set. He can’t carry a team with his legs like the last two guys.

Cams a good player and improving, I just don't see a Stick level ceiling for him like I do with Cole. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 12:08 AM
What is "on" them? No guts to do what exactly?You know.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 12:10 AM
You know.

I know you have a hard time saying it for some reason.

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 12:12 AM
You know.

Your joe biden impression.

Kevin
11-08-2021, 12:19 AM
Cams a good player and improving, I just don't see a Stick level ceiling for him like I do with Cole. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I like cam. Just saying you can run him 10+ times like you could with Easton trey or Cole.

He can scramble well. I’d much rather see him on boot legs (remember those) than fucking option left or qb counter.

BISONBRI53
11-08-2021, 01:31 AM
All these excuses all year… don’t want to show too much on O. We are young. Social media, etc… it ALL starts at the top! Recruiting to post game presser has been horse shit… not playing with CK’s guys anymore (or very few of them) and it’s showing…

Twincitybizon
11-08-2021, 02:06 AM
Kevin Bacon already fought this battle in a small Midwest town against John Lithgow and won. Let the damn kids dance u old fogeys

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 02:23 AM
I know you have a hard time saying it for some reason.Yeah, act like a Bison! The look at me BS is getting old. If a player wants to be a political activist or social media diva go to California Berkley, UW Madison, UofM etc. This place has tradition. Respect your elders, honor thy country, put veterans & law enforcement on a pedestal, put your nose to the fucking grind stone, bust your ass, leave everything on the field, perform in the class room, be a law abiding citizen etc. No reason they should use "our platform" to make statements that they probably don't understand due to their age and inexperience. If they want to make statements on social media, "on their own time" etc whatever.

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 02:28 AM
Kevin Bacon already fought this battle in a small Midwest town against John Lithgow and won. Let the damn kids dance u old fogeys

Not even close.

PlrbrBison
11-08-2021, 02:30 AM
Yeah, act like a Bison! The look at me BS is getting old. If a player wants to be a political activist or social media diva go to California Berkley, UW Madison, UofM etc. This place has tradition. Respect your elders, honor thy country, put veterans & law enforcement on a pedestal, put your nose to the fucking grind stone, bust your ass, leave everything on the field, perform in the class room, be a law abiding citizen etc. No reason they should use "our platform" to make statements that they probably don't understand due to their age and inexperience. If they want to make statements on social media, "on their own time" etc whatever.

I agree. Play football as a Bison. Do other stuff as yourself.

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 02:36 AM
I agree. Play football as a Bison. Do other stuff as yourself.Exactly. Players should understand they are representing our state, region, fan base, university, community and alumni. Think before you do. When you dis the flag/anthem you should understand why some are gonna be pissed and realize the motivation of those who egg you on to do it.

El_Chapo
11-08-2021, 02:37 AM
would all of you just STFU.

let the kids have SWAG.

None of you do.

El_Chapo
11-08-2021, 02:39 AM
Best keep an eye out then at all time huh Mr. Hall Monitor?

i agree ec8ch. geezus...if ALL OF YOUR panties are that tight... then go cheer for Concordia for fucks sake

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 02:44 AM
would all of you just STFU.

let the kids have SWAG.

None of you do.

SWag has nothing to do with whats being discussed. It has everything to do with a PM you sent me. So dont try and play both sides of the fence.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 02:45 AM
Exactly. Players should understand they are representing our state, region, fan base, university, community and alumni. Think before you do. When you dis the flag/anthem you should understand why some are gonna be pissed and realize the motivation of those who egg you on to do it.

Doesn't answer what is "on" them and what are the "gutless" for not doing.

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 02:47 AM
Yeah, act like a Bison! The look at me BS is getting old. If a player wants to be a political activist or social media diva go to California Berkley, UW Madison, UofM etc. This place has tradition. Respect your elders, honor thy country, put veterans & law enforcement on a pedestal, put your nose to the fucking grind stone, bust your ass, leave everything on the field, perform in the class room, be a law abiding citizen etc. No reason they should use "our platform" to make statements that they probably don't understand due to their age and inexperience. If they want to make statements on social media, "on their own time" etc whatever.

Age isn't a virtue. The older I get, the less I like old people. Most of them really suck.

Respect is earned. Nobody should get that based on a job title or age. Police don't have much more power than the average citizen. I almost always respect Veterans. But I will never respect the corrupt government who gives them orders

Sounds like you want obedient workers unable to critically think. Just smart enough to do the paperwork but too dumb to think for themselves

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 02:47 AM
Exactly. Players should understand they are representing our state, region, fan base, university, community and alumni. Think before you do. When you dis the flag/anthem you should understand why some are gonna be pissed and realize the motivation of those who egg you on to do it.

I'm an alumni. Do they "represent" me?

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 02:49 AM

After all these years I would have thought your maturity level would have kept you from flapping before you knew the facts on what was being talked about. . Especially behind the scenes.

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 02:53 AM
Age isn't a virtue. The older I get, the less I like old people. Most of them really suck.

Respect is earned. Nobody should get that based on a job title or age. Police don't have much more power than the average citizen. I almost always respect Veterans. But I will never respect the corrupt government who gives them orders

Sounds like you want obedient workers unable to critically think. Just smart enough to do the paperwork but too dumb to think for themselves

Life is about choices. Some chose poorly.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 02:57 AM

Like a cop choosing to kneel on someone's neck for over eight minutes until they murder them.

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 02:57 AM

I will agree with you there.

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 03:01 AM
Like a cop choosing to kneel on someone's neck for over eight minutes until they murder them.

He made that choice and now he's in prison, broke and divorced. He's probably sharing a cell with dudes he locked up. That's karma and the result of bad choices

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 03:02 AM
Like a cop choosing to kneel on someone's neck for over eight minutes until they murder them.Yep, 1 dumb cop who will rot in jail and he doesn't represent this country as a whole or the 99.999% of law enforcement. Also, Mr. Floyd was no angel and his poor life decisions put him on a path of potential conflict with law enforcement.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 03:14 AM
Yep, 1 dumb cop who will rot in jail and he doesn't represent this country as a whole or the 99.999% of law enforcement. Also, Mr. Floyd was no angel and his poor life decisions put him on a path of potential conflict with law enforcement.

Glad to hear you think he was guilty. Three other cops were right there as Floyd was being murdered. Regardless of Floyd's life choices it doesn't excuse his murderer.

Kevin
11-08-2021, 03:15 AM
I'm an alumni. Do they "represent" me?

U got a degree in gender studies so yea probably so bro

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 03:17 AM
Yep, 1 dumb cop who will rot in jail and he doesn't represent this country as a whole or the 99.999% of law enforcement. Also, Mr. Floyd was no angel and his poor life decisions put him on a path of potential conflict with law enforcement.

This may be the worst analogy ever but..

Just because someone is a prostitute doesn't mean they deserve to get raped. Of course not being a prostitute to begin with highly increases your chances of not getting raped

Kevin
11-08-2021, 03:18 AM

Just because someone is a prostitute doesn't mean they deserve to get raped. Of course not being a prostitute to begin with highly increases your chances of not getting raped

Tjamz always says as long as you pay the hourly rate in btc then raping a prostitute doesn’t violate the NAP.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 03:19 AM
He made that choice and now he's in prison, broke and divorced. He's probably sharing a cell with dudes he locked up. That's karma and the result of bad choices

All because a teenage girl recorded his murder on her phone. What do you think would have happened to him otherwise?

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 03:20 AM
All because a teenage girl recorded his murder on her phone. What do you think would have happened to him otherwise?

Body cams would have convicted him. But it wouldn't have gotten as much coverage but who know.

I really don't want to talk about this. It's done

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 03:20 AM
Glad to hear you think he was guilty. Three other cops were right there as Floyd was being murdered. Regardless of Floyd's life choices it doesn't excuse his murderer.Did I say it did? Your reading comprehension sucks. Just because a few idiots do something reprehensible does not justify looting, arson, vandalism etc and sure as hell doesn't justify trying to "fundamentally change our country". There is nothing wrong with our country. Unfortunately there are bad people here from EVERY background which is reality. Utopia will never exist. Get over it.

Kevin
11-08-2021, 03:21 AM
Did I say it did? Your reading comprehension sucks. Just because a few idiots do something reprehensible does not justify looting, arson, vandalism etc and sure as hell doesn't justify trying to "fundamentally change our country". There is nothing wrong with our country. Unfortunately there are bad some people here from EVERY background which is reality. Utopia will never exist. Get over it.

what93about utopia?????

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 03:22 AM
U got a degree in gender studies so yea probably so bro

What the hell did I take Diff EQ for then?

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 03:25 AM
Body cams would have convicted him. But it wouldn't have gotten as much coverage but who know.

I really don't want to talk about this. It's done

I highly doubt body cams would have been enough for a murder conviction.

Kevin
11-08-2021, 03:26 AM
What the hell did I take Diff EQ for then?

For the mental math required for justifying a future Brandon administration.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 03:29 AM
For the mental math required for justifying a future Brandon administration.

Or you could just count the votes.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 03:30 AM
Did I say it did? Your reading comprehension sucks. Just because a few idiots do something reprehensible does not justify looting, arson, vandalism etc and sure as hell doesn't justify trying to "fundamentally change our country". There is nothing wrong with our country. Unfortunately there are bad people here from EVERY background which is reality. Utopia will never exist. Get over it.

Oh sorry, forgot you like to ramble about completely irrelevant shit.

Bisonwinagn
I hate the arrogance and showboating this team has been doing the last couple years. Not sure if it impacts winning or not, but agreed it needs to end!!!

Kevin
Or you could just count the votes.

And the number of times he’s shit himself in front of foreign dignitaries.

Kevin
11-08-2021, 03:33 AM
I hate the arrogance and showboating this team has been doing the last couple years. Not sure if it impacts winning or not, but agreed it needs to end!!!

I do miss the days of casually flipping the ball to the ref.

It’s not even that it’s humble. Couldn’t care less about that.

It’s cold. It’s like yeah we live in this endzone and you suck. You get it across a lot clearer like that than you do with the tik tik dances.

For old school fight fans it’s the equivalent of a fedor emelianenko stare down.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 03:33 AM
And the number of times he’s shit himself in front of foreign dignitaries.

http://youtu.be/N60ceYRlY2I

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 03:49 AM
Oh sorry, forgot you like to ramble about completely irrelevant shit.Says Mr. "Contact Tracing" lol. How did that work out?

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 03:50 AM

You just beat him. LOL

GFBison
11-08-2021, 04:25 AM
To Endzone QB,
It seems you have good perspective on the social media thing as this younger generation. As do you with the previous coaching staffs on how to handle routines and focus on school and football. It shows my age being 55.

Thanks for the feedback and good to know we have knowledgeable guys on this forum.
I don't like the F bombs, that is not necessary for those Bisonville bloggers should be removed in my opinion...

So being around the program so long, you would remember the hazing, the player keggers. You would remember an athlete getting arrested for kicking a window of a door (or something like that). A player getting arrested for throwing snowballs at police cars. We had a shop lifter back in the day. Didn't some athletes get in trouble at Best Buy? Seems like there may have been a discipline problem back then. My favorite coach protected his players to the point it cost him his job.

And you may also remember an Athletic Director who had some major vices, if you know what I mean.

Maybe the social media, and the TicToc dancing, and NIL opportunities really aren't that bad, better then some of what happened back in the day.

GFBison
11-08-2021, 04:30 AM
I'm not applying all the above incidents happened during one coaches tenure. Some events existed for years, a different culture back then.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 05:08 AM
Says Mr. "Contact Tracing" lol. How did that work out?

What did you want the coach and AD to do that they didn't?

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 05:31 AM
I do miss the days of casually flipping the ball to the ref.

It’s not even that it’s humble. Couldn’t care less about that.

It’s cold. It’s like yeah we live in this endzone and you suck. You get it across a lot clearer like that than you do with the tik tik dances.

For old school fight fans it’s the equivalent of a fedor emelianenko stare down.

Brock did the Rodgers belt thing and invented his own three peat salute.

Crockett blowing a kiss to an Iowa State Cheerleader was the most baller move ever.

tony
11-08-2021, 09:41 AM

Crockett blowing a kiss to an Iowa State Cheerleader was the most baller move ever.

Tony Satter holding up the #1 finger as he crossed the goal line in another blowout of UND over 30 years ago... I didn't have a problem with that, but you'd have thought he whipped out an Uzi and sprayed the crowd with gunfire while wiping his ass with the American flag based on the media-driven outrage. Or Simdorn showing the IUP band some love in the 1990 championship? That didn't get a lot of outrage, but it got some. Hell, we had a WR get tackled from behind in a UND blowout because he was high-stepping into the end zone (I did have a problem with that - but it was pretty funny too - and, of course, it just delayed NDSU scoring.)

Pearl clutchers are always going to find something to clutch pearls over (especially after a loss), but I did not see anything on the field against SDSU that made me wonder about NDSU's culture.

Bison 4 Life
11-08-2021, 11:15 AM
During the Rocky era a player and his buddies once tried to rob me of a pizza I was trying to deliver to Seim Hall.

I'll take any Insta stars over that.

SDbison
11-08-2021, 11:55 AM
Don't like the 'look at me shit" when it is a TEAM game. Also, the "celebrating" of a play when a team still has work to do to win a game shows immaturity. All taken into consideration, I am most concerned about the inability of Bison coaches to put together a week in and week out game plan that doesn't look like they threw darts at a board to come up with. Use the outstanding talent we have in a way that takes advantage of other teams weaknesses and then build off that during the game!

scottietohottie
11-08-2021, 12:19 PM
I miss the Babich years

NOT.

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 12:28 PM
What did you want the coach and AD to do that they didn't?Lead!

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 12:30 PM
Don't like the 'look at me shit" when it is a TEAM game. Also, the "celebrating" of a play when a team still has work to do to win a game shows immaturity. All taken into consideration, I am most concerned about the inability of Bison coaches to put together a week in and week out game plan that doesn't look like they threw darts at a board to come up with. Use the outstanding talent we have in a way that takes advantage of other teams weaknesses and then build off that during the game![emoji106]

oldmantutters
11-08-2021, 12:35 PM
I'm an alumni. Do they "represent" me?Unless you got a turd in your pocket you're an alumnus. Singular. Alumni is plural.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Unless you got a turd in your pocket you're an alumnus. Singular. Alumni is plural.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

You'll be happy to know I've inspected your two uses of "your", and they are both grammatically correct.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Lead!

By taking what actions?

td577
11-08-2021, 01:04 PM
Don't like the 'look at me shit" when it is a TEAM game. Also, the "celebrating" of a play when a team still has work to do to win a game shows immaturity. All taken into consideration, I am most concerned about the inability of Bison coaches to put together a week in and week out game plan that doesn't look like they threw darts at a board to come up with. Use the outstanding talent we have in a way that takes advantage of other teams weaknesses and then build off that during the game!What is your coaching record?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

JMB
11-08-2021, 01:11 PM

People are free to do with their money as they please, but this also smells a little bit like a "Dear Chuck" scenario from our friends up north. That being said, the athletes need to also understand they are an entertainment source for the fans and should probably keep that in mind.

The troubling thing to me (as I love NDSU athletics) is that the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that it gets harder and harder to justify the place of athletics in the broader mission of a University.

bisonaudit
11-08-2021, 01:22 PM
People are free to do with their money as they please, but this also smells a little bit like a "Dear Chuck" scenario from our friends up north. That being said, the athletes need to also understand they are an entertainment source for the fans and should probably keep that in mind.

The troubling thing to me (as I love NDSU athletics) is that the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that it gets harder and harder to justify the place of athletics in the broader mission of a University.

I don’t know. There are lots of problems with the relationship between big time athletics and the core mission of Universities but I don’t think that students understanding their influence and learning to express themselves is one of them.

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 01:24 PM
By taking what actions?Put team policy in place and explain why. You know.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Put team policy in place and explain why. You know.

Seems like they did that and you or others like you just didn't like the "policy" or explanation.

GreenfieldBison
11-08-2021, 01:52 PM
Seems that some are quite confused about what it is that colleges and universities do. Job 1 is to produce further educated students who can think and reason independently, and not a bunch of regimented automatons. We have other structures for that.

So just as with the Bill of Rights keep in mind what comes first there and also in the term “student athlete”.

Tic tac away MF’ers!

NDSUBowler
11-08-2021, 01:54 PM

Every single person crying about showboating will happily gloss over this post and ignore Brock imitating an NFL player celebration after pretty much every touchdown.

EC8CH
11-08-2021, 01:58 PM
Every single person crying about showboating will happily gloss over this post and ignore Brock imitating an NFL player celebration after pretty much every touchdown.

Oh, he did the T-Bow kneeling and pointing to the heavens thing too after the GSU 4th down TD. Why didn't he think about the team instead of showboating his personal beliefs? Game wasn't over either, they nearly drove the field and scored after that. That endzone celebration was probably the cause of them getting inside field goal range.

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 02:41 PM

Football is supposed to be fun, but until the NCAA allows it like the NFL, TD dances are unacceptable

tony
11-08-2021, 02:59 PM

I don't like putting arguments into peoples' mouths, but I am also failing to find principle-based consistencies in the negative comments about the team culture. Maybe they were aghast at Brock "The Second e stand for Excellence" Jensen and just were afraid to say anything at the time.... that seems unlikely.

Which I thought was awesome, by the way. Like Tyler Roehl saluting the end zone crowd after TDs (until he had to stop because it could've drawn a flag.)

steelbison
11-08-2021, 03:44 PM
I hope these people don’t let the door hit em in the ass when they leave!

Really. NDSU has already lost quite a few big donors because of what happened.

Lose more the. What? You going to replace them? Good luck with that attitude. To act like what happened wasn’t a big deal shows you have no idea what happened behind closed doors.

steelbison
11-08-2021, 03:47 PM

It’s true but SDSU QB is new to their program. How is he able to in a short time master their offense? Weird right?

westnodak93bison
11-08-2021, 03:50 PM
Seems like they did that and you or others like you just didn't like the "policy" or explanation.Wow. Aren't you brilliant!

GreenfieldBison
11-08-2021, 03:52 PM
It’s true but SDSU QB is new to their program. How is he able to in a short time master their offense? Weird right?

I believe that Lance fella was a redshirt freshman in his only year starting for NDSU as well. Dunno. Perhaps some individuals are more gifted than others and in multiple ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
11-08-2021, 03:53 PM
Really. NDSU has already lost quite a few big donors because of what happened.

Lose more the. What? You going to replace them? Good luck with that attitude. To act like what happened wasn’t a big deal shows you have no idea what happened behind closed doors.

Hm. show me this "mass exodus of donors" that everyone seems to be pointing to. Funny, scholarships are funded and we just got a new IPF.

mnriverbison
11-08-2021, 04:04 PM
LOL crazy that no other teams have social media or NIL stuff. "This thing that is happening to everyone is only hurting me" is my favorite. Like my buddy who blames the rain we both played in if he loses at golf.

ByeSonBusiness
11-08-2021, 04:14 PM
I hated when the players did the whole social justice stuff. I hate a lot of the social media stuff we see these days. It all seems like a distraction.

But like some other posters have hinted at or expressly stated, NDSU has had much more serious problems in the past without people really getting worked up.

I went to school from 2010-15, sorta the pinnacle of NDSU success. Football players were doing all sorts of things back then, some good, some bad.

None of it mattered, because they showed up and kicked ass on Saturdays. The only reason anyone cares about what the kids are up to now is because the team isn't as good.

Disclaimer: this is not to suggest the Bohl teams were thugs or something. The point is just that some unsavory behavior gets overlooked by fans when the team is dominant.

El_Chapo
11-08-2021, 04:40 PM
Hm. show me this "mass exodus of donors" that everyone seems to be pointing to. Funny, scholarships are funded and we just got a new IPF.

think ag....

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 05:14 PM
I hated when the players did the whole social justice stuff. I hate a lot of the social media stuff we see these days. It all seems like a distraction.

But like some other posters have hinted at or expressly stated, NDSU has had much more serious problems in the past without people really getting worked up.

I went to school from 2010-15, sorta the pinnacle of NDSU success. Football players were doing all sorts of things back then, some good, some bad.

None of it mattered, because they showed up and kicked ass on Saturdays. The only reason anyone cares about what the kids are up to now is because the team isn't as good.

Disclaimer: this is not to suggest the Bohl teams were thugs or something. The point is just that some unsavory behavior gets overlooked by fans when the team is dominant.

Bohl also got a handle on it and players left the team.

BISONBRI53
11-08-2021, 05:25 PM

Correct! Did Sigers? really leave the team to be a rapper? Or was there something else going on there?

tony
11-08-2021, 05:25 PM

What exactly do you want? Example: If Trey Lance had not gone to the NFL, would you want him kicked off the team?

It seems like you want the coaching staff to enforce a political speech code on players' social media where anything you like is fine but anything you don't is not.

If you are comparing being concerned about justice to committing crimes, then that is a whole other level of PC/Cancel Culture crazy. Universities (and university athletics) exist in part to create leaders. How can you tell students not to participate in the world around them and try to make change?

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 05:39 PM
What exactly do you want? Example: If Trey Lance had not gone to the NFL, would you want him kicked off the team?

It seems like you want the coaching staff to enforce a political speech code on players' social media where anything you like is fine but anything you don't is not.

If you are comparing being concerned about justice to committing crimes, then that is a whole other level of PC/Cancel Culture crazy. Universities (and university athletics) exist in part to create leaders. How can you tell students not to participate in the world around them and try to make change?

Check your PM.

daddy daycare
11-08-2021, 05:41 PM
I concur. I'm always distracted by social media too. lol

NDSU1980
11-08-2021, 05:42 PM

There I have to agree with you. No "mass exodus". Seems some people are just trying to stir things up from last spring. Didn't bother me a bit.

bisonaudit
11-08-2021, 05:54 PM
think ag....

Not sure why it’s such a big secret. Are people ashamed of their position on this issue?

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 06:03 PM

Bohl had more troubles than Klieman and Entz combined. Multiple DUIs, drug possession, players leaving to become rappers (nothing wrong with that and it's not illegal), petition fraud, Best Buy theft scandal, and I know I'm missing a bunch if things.

NFH Schlüssel
11-08-2021, 06:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with our country.

Sorry, I can't let this one go... is this "critical race theory"?

JMB
11-08-2021, 07:16 PM
I don’t know. There are lots of problems with the relationship between big time athletics and the core mission of Universities but I don’t think that students understanding their influence and learning to express themselves is one of them.

The problem is to have big time athletics, you need big time donors, and those big time donors have influence. A university should be a place of free expression of ideas from every end of the political spectrum. When players piss off the donors because they take a knee, you are asking the University to choose between its core principal of free expression of ideas and paying the bills. That is the conflict that I was referencing.

UND knew for years the name needed to go...

Bison 4 Life
11-08-2021, 07:17 PM
The problem is to have big time athletics, you need big time donors, and those big time donors have influence. A university should be a place of free expression of ideas from every end of the political spectrum. When players piss off the donors because they take a knee, you are asking the University to choose between its core principal of free expression of ideas and paying the bills. That is the conflict that I was referencing.

Unless those donors know how to throw or kick a ball, athletics is going to get very boring.

BISONBRI53
11-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Didn't Bohl have a no social media during the season rule? Seems like I remember that way back when...

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 07:58 PM
Didn't Bohl have a no social media during the season rule? Seems like I remember that way back when...

No, he did not have anything like that. Telling a player that can't go on social media in the 2010s amounts to not allowing players to make telephone calls in 1980.

56BISON73
11-08-2021, 08:07 PM
No, he did not have anything like that. Telling a player that can't go on social media in the 2010s amounts to not allowing players to make telephone calls in 1980.

He did tell them to be responsible and to be careful what the said. Because there were players talking g about inuries ect.
You wouldn't think k you would have to say that but..........

HerdBot
11-08-2021, 08:27 PM
He did tell them to be responsible and to be careful what the said. Because there were players talking g about inuries ect.
You wouldn't think k you would have to say that but..........

I've heard current players say stuff to the media that makes me shake my head. Like how many reads were on a specific play. Opposing coaches listen to that stuff and probably write it down

Hammerhead
11-08-2021, 09:31 PM
I've heard current players say stuff to the media that makes me shake my head. Like how many reads were on a specific play. Opposing coaches listen to that stuff and probably write it down

Even some NFL players give more information about specific plays or scramble drills than they probably should when they are asked questions about a big play.

GreenfieldBison
11-08-2021, 10:25 PM

It’s really pretty clear; it’s a University that has an Athletic Department and not an Athletic Department that has a University.

If free expression of ALL ideas is to be constrained by donors to some component then the component needs to be amputated. Or if possible, just the subset of defective donors.

CAS4127
11-09-2021, 01:01 AM

If that’s the case, they need to STFU and there needs to be less reads IMO.

CAS4127
11-09-2021, 01:03 AM
It’s really pretty clear; it’s a University that has an Athletic Department and not an Athletic Department that has a University.

If free expression of ALL ideas is to be constrained by donors to some component then the component needs to be amputated. Or if possible, just the subset of defective donors.

Ad long as this is generally applicable, I’m good with it.

But of course it’s not, and not even close.

GreenfieldBison
11-09-2021, 01:27 AM
Ad long as this is generally applicable, I’m good with it.

But of course it’s not, and not even close.

and that’s a shame.

bisonaudit
11-09-2021, 02:01 AM

Unless they’re state legislators. Then they get to fire any professor that looks at them wrong.

westnodak93bison
11-09-2021, 02:11 AM
Check your PM.Are you trying to talk sense into him and his ilk? Good luck!

westnodak93bison
11-09-2021, 02:21 AM
If that’s the case, they need to STFU and there needs to be less reads IMO.Good timing. I was just thinking that they are probably making it too complicated ala our former OC TP who always had to have the perfect personnel group in and be dumb enough to think the opposition can't figure it out.

56BISON73
11-09-2021, 02:53 AM
Are you trying to talk sense into him and his ilk? Good luck!

Just a FYI kind of thing.

G_Funky
11-09-2021, 03:05 AM
Isn’t Sproles a captain? He seems to be main Tik Tok target. Just as an FYI…captains are voted on by the entire team…so his “selfishness” and “distractions” must not be as bad as folks are making it out to be.

I also find it funny that folks are saying kneeling desecrates the flag seem to have no problem with replacing “Brave” with “Bison” during the anthem. Even if you say you don’t support that tradition, people aren’t threatening to pull their funding over it.

56BISON73
11-09-2021, 03:35 AM
Isn’t Sproles a captain? He seems to be main Tik Tok target. Just as an FYI…captains are voted on by the entire team…so his “selfishness” and “distractions” must not be as bad as folks are making it out to be.

I also find it funny that folks are saying kneeling desecrates the flag seem to have no problem with replacing “Brave” with “Bison” during the anthem. Even if you say you don’t support that tradition, people aren’t threatening to pull their funding over it.

You are making a hell of an assumption. How do you know that they have no problem with that issue????

Why would you pull funding because of what some fans do? I have never heard that one.

EC8CH
11-09-2021, 08:21 AM
See what the No Fun League flags for taunting these days?

G_Funky
11-09-2021, 12:04 PM
You are making a hell of an assumption. How do you know that they have no problem with that issue????

Why would you pull funding because of what some fans do? I have never heard that one.

Well because the university is clearly allowing it to continue. They’ve taken no stand against it. Do you call out those around you who do it? Tell them they aren’t a patriot and that they hate our county and the values it was built on? Do you tell the athletic administration that unless they get the Fargo Dome staff to make sure every fan adheres to a strict anthem policy then you are pulling funding?

What is so easily forgotten in this fucked up mess is that before Kapernick sat down, no one gave two shits about the players during the anthem. They wanted to hear a famous person sing it and a kick ass fly over or paratrooper drop in. But Kap taking a knee, and the media circus surrounding that made it such a polarizing deal that it’s now become so much more than it actually is.

The social media thing, NIL, and kneeling is just part of the world we live in. You see the Washington Huskies coach got suspended for hitting a player on hit helmet with his play sheet because the kid wouldn’t shut his mouth? The kid was popping off on the sideline, about ready to draw a flag for taunting, and the coach put him in his place. Now he’s out a weeks salary for it. For hitting a kid on his $300 helmet with a piece of laminated paper? I mean when I played that shit was common place and if you got it you probably deserved it because you done fucked up. Love it or hate it…it’s never going to be “shut up and play” ever again. These kids have too much access to people and the culture has created a situation where if you have a platform and you don’t use it, it a knock on the you. That isn’t an NDSU thing, it’s global.

To quote a book I love:

“Everything is fucked. And that’s okay. It always has been and it always will be”

El_Chapo
11-09-2021, 12:21 PM
I want Jayden Price to house another punt so he can. carry on his tradition of tossing the balls into the stands. that is awesome!!

BattleBorn
11-09-2021, 12:33 PM
I want Jayden Price to house another punt so he can. carry on his tradition of tossing the balls into the stands. that is awesome!!

But would the taunting penalty be in addition to the inevitable holding or illegal block in the back penalty?

tjbison
11-09-2021, 12:42 PM
The social media thing, NIL, and kneeling is just part of the world we live in. You see the Washington Huskies coach got suspended for hitting a player on hit helmet with his play sheet because the kid wouldn’t shut his mouth? The kid was popping off on the sideline, about ready to draw a flag for taunting, and the coach put him in his place. Now he’s out a weeks salary for it. For hitting a kid on his $300 helmet with a piece of laminated paper? I mean when I played that shit was common place and if you got it you probably deserved it because you done fucked up. Love it or hate it…it’s never going to be “shut up and play” ever again. These kids have too much access to people and the culture has created a situation where if you have a platform and you don’t use it, it a knock on the you. That isn’t an NDSU thing, it’s global.

To quote a book I love:

“Everything is fucked. And that’s okay. It always has been and it always will be”

Yep, part of coaching is being an authority figure to help kids learn respect, follow directions, ect..its not just about winning. Coaches don't have the same control they once did, social media is wrecking this world, what happened to just the good old days of funny email forwards....

semobison
11-09-2021, 12:43 PM
Behind closed doors? How did you get access to the locker room?
The KKK used to march in the streets of this county with their white hoods on carrying the Stars and Stripes. That was their right. Patriotic racism is almost as old as this country.
I spent ten years coaching at the HS level. I always stand and put my hand over my heart during the anthem. My suggestion is YOU do what you think is right and YOU quit worrying about what other people do. That’s American!

BattleBorn
11-09-2021, 12:48 PM
All the shit about social media... the world is changing and I don't like it! I knew this would happen someday; didn't think it would be before I hit 40.

GreenfieldBison
11-09-2021, 01:40 PM
All the shit about social media... the world is changing and I don't like it! I knew this would happen someday; didn't think it would be before I hit 40.

You're not even 40 and you already have a distaste for change?

Oh man, you are going to be one cranky old dude when you get to be my age!

Bisonator98
11-09-2021, 02:04 PM
https://c.tenor.com/Tl2pzaMcPC8AAAAM/im-a-grumpy-old-man-grumpy.gif

cbline
11-09-2021, 02:12 PM

I respectfully disagree with you. Bison football is NOT ABOUT me, me, and me. I do my job, you do your job. Tossing the ball and other stupid, avoidable penalties put your teammates into a bad position. How many times have we seen a player pulled out of a game due to an unsportsmanlike conduct and then get a chewing out by a coach on the sidelines. A player's stupid actions have consequences on the game. I, for one, would like to see Price pump his fist, celebrate with his teammates, and then hand the ball to the official.

BattleBorn
11-09-2021, 02:12 PM

Fortunately, my food and drink choices all but guarantee I won't get to be your age.

BattleBorn
11-09-2021, 02:14 PM
I respectfully disagree with you. Bison football is NOT ABOUT me, me, and me. I do my job, you do your job. Tossing the ball and other stupid, avoidable penalties put your teammates into a bad position. How many times have we seen a player pulled out of a game due to an unsportsmanlike conduct and then get a chewing out by a coach on the sidelines. A player's stupid actions have consequences on the game. I, for one, would like to see Price pump his fist, celebrate with his teammates, and then hand the ball to the official.

While I agree with this 99%, I do get a kick out of seeing the HC walk over and whisper into Kramer's ear after individual selfish plays.

StL Bison Fan
11-09-2021, 02:20 PM
I remember when Easton signed off of Twitter when practice started. Smart move.
Never had to worry about putting out there something that stays forever.
Carson tweets and has Instagram but it’s mostly charity and family happy stuff.

SDbison
11-09-2021, 02:22 PM
I don't think Entz knows what is going on and seems lost. His Press Conferences are worthless as he shows little emotion or direction to keep on improving. Also, doesn't seem troubled about the lack of focus and performance by his coaches and players. Entz needs to take a course in time management. Bunny fans all over down here making fun of and giving thanks to NDSU for helping to run out the clock. For that alone I want Entz fired.

semobison
11-09-2021, 02:26 PM
I don't think Entz knows what is going on and seems lost. His Press Conferences are worthless as he shows little emotion or direction to keep on improving. Also, doesn't seem troubled about the lack of focus and performance by his coaches and players. Entz needs to take a course in time management. Bunny fans all over down here making fun of and giving thanks to NDSU for helping to run out the clock. For that alone I want Entz fired.

He doesn’t hold himself accountable. Just once I would like to hear him say, I need to do a better job in preparing and coaching the players.

GreenfieldBison
11-09-2021, 02:42 PM
He doesn’t hold himself accountable. Just once I would like to hear him say, I need to do a better job in preparing and coaching the players.

He has said that repeatedly. You might need to sharpen up your listening skills.

Bison 4 Life
11-09-2021, 02:43 PM

He's switching places with me. I love all of it and I'm knockin on 50's door.

semobison
11-09-2021, 03:05 PM
He has said that repeatedly. You might need to sharpen up your listening skills.

I listened to the last press conference. He said we need to work on things or spend more time on this or that but never have I heard him say he needs to do a better job coaching the players.
I don’t listen to the press conference every week so maybe I have missed something. I’m sure you can show me.

Bisonator98
11-09-2021, 03:30 PM
I listened to the last press conference. He said we need to work on things or spend more time on this or that but never have I heard him say he needs to do a better job coaching the players.
I don’t listen to the press conference every week so maybe I have missed something. I’m sure you can show me.

Lol that's exactly what he said if you actually understand coach speak. He said when you have A, B, C, D players you can't coach all of them the same. They (the coaches) need to do a better job is what he's saying.

GreenfieldBison
11-09-2021, 03:33 PM

Don’t have time to search one up now but yes every once in a while he will mention something that did not go right and follow that up with “that’s on me” or “that’s on the coaches”. Doesn’t make a big deal of it but he does own errors and mistakes from time to time.

SDbison
11-09-2021, 03:44 PM
Don’t have time to search one up now but yes every once in a while he will mention something that did not go right and follow that up with “that’s on me” or “that’s on the coaches”. Doesn’t make a big deal of it but he does own errors and mistakes from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk LOL......Easy to say stuff and maybe even personally take blame. Entz sure can talk a lot, but his efforts to really make changes sucks! We have all seen his shitty clock management during the past couple years.....its not getting better, in fact its getting worse. The end of the SDSU game was embarrassing. I keep hearing about this new mix of offense, but keep seeing Kobe dives up the middle for 2 yards, few passes to the TEs and lack of screen passes. Same crap different day. So easy to be a D Coordinator against the Bison as we are so predictable. That hasn't changed in 2 years. Entz is proving how inept he can be. Only thing saving this team is the level of talent and Kramer.

westnodak93bison
11-09-2021, 04:02 PM
LOL......Easy to say stuff and maybe even personally take blame. Entz sure can talk a lot, but his efforts to really make changes sucks! We have all seen his shitty clock management during the past couple years.....its not getting better, in fact its getting worse. The end of the SDSU game was embarrassing. I keep hearing about this new mix of offense, but keep seeing Kobe dives up the middle for 2 yards, few passes to the TEs and lack of screen passes. Same crap different day. So easy to be a D Coordinator against the Bison as we are so predictable. That hasn't changed in 2 years. Entz is proving how inept he can be. Only thing saving this team is the level of talent and Kramer.Obviously TP had a much bigger impact on TR than Messingham unfortunately.

BISONBRI53
11-09-2021, 04:31 PM
Obviously TP had a much bigger impact on TR than Messingham unfortunately.

Meat Heads stick together!!!

HerdBot
11-09-2021, 06:26 PM
Obviously TP had a much bigger impact on TR than Messingham unfortunately.

TR shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Polasek or Messingham.

Re-watched the Iowa game and it makes me sad seeing how we have changed. The offense isn't even recognizable. Even though we didn't score in the first half of that game vs a great defense, we pounded the rock the entire first half and then we could run on them at will in the 2nd half. The entire game Stick was under center with a fullback and a single back. He threw the ball to running backs and TE's. Do we still even have a fullback?

In all fairness, our o-line was way better run blockers than the guys we have today.

Messingham added the read option and more outside zone but he still mixed in power football. But he was really good at developing the downfield passing game that TP sucked at.

Roehl does 80% read option. It might work with Trey Lance, but that aint what we got.

CAS4127
11-10-2021, 12:09 AM
Anyone have the tech ability to post the butt fumble play?

56BISON73
11-10-2021, 09:57 PM

I would like to see that as well.

CAS4127
11-11-2021, 12:53 AM
I would like to see that as well.

The reason I asked is because I wanted to point out how poor of a play call it was at the 1 yard line. Compare it to the K-State TD run play called for our friend Brock.

OrygunBison
11-11-2021, 03:36 AM
The reason I asked is because I wanted to point out how poor of a play call it was at the 1 yard line. Compare it to the K-State TD run play called for our friend Brock.

BV used to be incredibly hard on Vigen but that drive was an absolute masterpiece. Every play set up by something run earlier in the game and put together absolutely perfectly. He was way better of an OC than he ever got credit for.

123Gobison
11-11-2021, 04:56 AM

So we it looks like we are going back to the pre 2011 era. I remember Chris Hanson interviewed Billy Turner after the first NC in 2012 and asked him how did they change a NDSU football team that was known for off campus drama where every week some players were suspended, getting arrested or disciplined for team violations into a National championship level team. Billy Turner said, before 2011 the team was losing and had a low morale, no leadership and no identity. From 2011 onwards they decided what type of team they wanted to be, the team had a sense of purpose, identity , leadership and winning became a natural byproduct. It looks like with Tyler Rohls failure, this team has lost its identity and we are slowly going back towards pre 2011 dark ages. Blaming social media is part of this journey into this abyss. Next I wont be surprised if some players get suspended or kicked out of the team for discipline issues.

scottietohottie
11-11-2021, 12:43 PM
Next I wont be surprised if some players get suspended or kicked out of the team for discipline issues.

These kids are to pansie ass for that. Having a down game due to not enough views or followers is where we're heading. This team has feelings bro.

Bison 4 Life
11-11-2021, 12:59 PM
You guys want FBS? Go watch at game and see all the discipline and humility this 3,4,5 star athletes display.

scottietohottie
11-11-2021, 01:04 PM
You guys want FBS? Go watch at game and see all the discipline and humility this 3,4,5 star athletes display.

Pfft if you're going to go, go all out. Let's see some raiders shit bro!

MankatoBison
11-11-2021, 02:09 PM

Good point dood! I mean, I feel we should drop down to D3 just so that we can have more discipline and humility!

Honestly its a win win win win win for you!
1. Closer Rivalries
2. Less expensive
3. More discipline
4. More national championships
5. Safer bet
6. Can claim moral high ground over others who wanted to "risk the future of Bison football by attempting something ambitious and not guaranteed"

TAILG8R
11-11-2021, 03:44 PM

It's at 15:11 here. Not a great angle though. The link should bring you right to it.
https://youtu.be/yfIh-FZoGNU?t=911

Edit:
It's also at 1:06:34 of Hot Mic with Izzo video here. Much better angle.
https://www.inforum.com/sports/7275023-Hot-Mic-with-Dom-Izzo-11921-Kyan-Brown-Mike-McFeely-Kyle-Emanuel-Steve-Laqua

Here is the KState play - https://youtu.be/rMvobbZlGCI?t=810

totoinfl
11-11-2021, 04:07 PM
It's at 15:11 here. Not a great angle though. The link should bring you right to it.
https://youtu.be/yfIh-FZoGNU?t=913

Edit:
It's also at 1:06:34 of Hot Mic with Izzo video here. Much better angle.
https://www.inforum.com/sports/7275023-Hot-Mic-with-Dom-Izzo-11921-Kyan-Brown-Mike-McFeely-Kyle-Emanuel-Steve-Laqua

Thanks for posting that. I can see exactly what CAS is talking about.