PDA

View Full Version : NDSU to CUSA

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 02:06 AM
Whos ready for the CUSA?

Liberty New Mexico State Jacksonville State & Sam Houston State

NDSU FIU UTEP LA TECH

who you rather go to BROWN GRASS 38 degree Frisco for next 10 years or Hawaii Bowl or Bahamas Bowl??

*Bahamas Bowl*vs. MAC
–*Hawaii Bowl*(in 2020, 2022, 2024 NOT 2021)
–*New Mexico Bowl*vs. Mountain West
–*Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl*vs. BYU*(2021 & 2025)
–*R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl*vs. Sun Belt

EndZoneQB
11-02-2021, 02:09 AM
No. This is trash.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 02:19 AM
MWC ain't adding
Mac is whack
Big 12 (not until we have a new stadium)

this might be the last chance!

you get better recruiting, you can schedule big FBS OOC games again, Endzone in Hawaii or Bahamas chillin the most...yea you'll be there

Rock
11-02-2021, 02:22 AM
BYU…. Those damn cheating Mormons man. Be good to settle that one on the field.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 02:33 AM
BYU…. Those damn cheating Mormons man. Be good to settle that one on the field.

yes sir....

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 03:22 AM
I'm thinking the New Orleans Bowl. Bison and titties. That could be fun. Edit: it's not during Mardi Gras but hey

dewey
11-02-2021, 03:23 AM
No. This is trash.

Absolutely! Get excited to play UTEP, NMSU, FIU and LaTech? Hell no. Could just as well retire the National Champship banner as new numbers would NEVER be added.

If I want to go to the Bahamas I would just go on vacation.

Just because this is potentially our last chance (it won't be) then why should we chase the ugliest girl at the bar?

I think when the P5 breaks away the G5 and the top tier FCS schools will form their own 2nd level of football. That is where we should be.

Freaking C-USA garbage conference.

Dewey

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 03:33 AM
Absolutely! Get excited to play UTEP, NMSU, FIU and LaTech? Hell no. Could just as well retire the National Champship banner as new numbers would NEVER be added.

Just because this is potentially our last chance (it won't be) then why should we chase the ugliest girl at the bar?

I think when the P5 breaks away the G5 and the top tier FCS schools will form their own 2nd level of football. That is where we should be.

Dewey

psst "championships" only fans... Minnesota, Iowa State, Illinois, etc are NEVER gonna win a National Title either, should they move down to FCS?

that is 1 of the biggest bullshit strawman in this whole decision.

JohnnyExtacy
11-02-2021, 03:34 AM

Dewey

P5 isn't breaking away. That isn't happening any time soon and it's already been acknowledged.

This is good though.

As I have said in the past, nothing will make North Dakotans happier than battling it out with UND, USD, and SDSU for the best team in FCS every single year.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 03:37 AM
P5 isn't breaking away. That isn't happening any time soon and it's already been acknowledged.

This is good though.

As I have said in the past, nothing will make North Dakotans happier than battling it out with UND, USD, and SDSU for the best team in FCS every single year.

and HOOPLE Bar rejoices... *Duffys or Gullys* .. yea looked that up.

dewey
11-02-2021, 03:39 AM
psst "championships" only fans... Minnesota, Iowa State, Illinois, etc are NEVER gonna win a National Title either, should they move down to FCS?

that is 1 of the biggest bullshit strawman in this whole decision.

Tell me genius how NDSU increases their athletics budget by at least 12 to 20 million every year? With the CUSA crappy TV deal? Higher P5 payout games.

Pump it up until you actually look at the facts and numbers.

The CUSA is a terrible idea. The CUSA is throwing out invites to anyone.

Dewey

dewey
11-02-2021, 03:41 AM
and HOOPLE Bar rejoices... *Duffys or Gullys* .. yea looked that up.

Yeah because playing FIU, LaTech, New Mexico State and FIU will get the fan base really excited.

Dewey

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 03:43 AM
Yeah because playing FIU, LaTech, New Mexico State and FIU will get the fan base really excited.

Dewey

they are better than indiana state, western illinois, und, usd, youngstown.

AND it allows you to schedule 2 big time FBS games (which we cant get now)

Bison Bridge Guy
11-02-2021, 03:49 AM
Thank goodness, another thread to discuss an FBS move.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 03:52 AM
Thank goodness, another thread to discuss an FBS move.

yea sorry, I thought we need a NDSU/CUSA only thread. the realignment thread is about realignment, the FBS better thread is about the future.

CUSA is right here right now, it should be discussed seperatly.

dewey
11-02-2021, 04:07 AM
they are better than indiana state, western illinois, und, usd, youngstown.

AND it allows you to schedule 2 big time FBS games (which we cant get now)

The problem with the CUSA is the team's I mentioned are their beat teams. The teams you mentioned are the worst ones in our conference.

Playing UNI, USD, SDSU and even GFCC is better than those crappy schools in the CUSA.

Not to mention how does NDSU raise an extra 15-30 million per year to be in line with App State and GSU? Private Seat Licenses? Raising ticket prices? Those big P5 games don't raise nearly enough money to cover what would be needed for NDSU to be in line with the other G5 schools.

Don't even mention the CUSA TV deal which is crappy.

Dewey

OrygunBison
11-02-2021, 04:13 AM
Do we really need another fucking thread on this?!?! Good lord this is stupid to have so many different threads saying the same shit.

MankatoBison
11-02-2021, 04:14 AM
The problem with the CUSA is the team's I mentioned are their beat teams. The teams you mentioned are the worst ones in our conference.

Playing UNI, USD, SDSU and even GFCC is better than those crappy schools in the CUSA.

Not to mention how does NDSU raise an extra 15-30 million per year to be in line with App State and GSU? Private Seat Licenses? Raising ticket prices? Those big P5 games don't raise nearly enough money to cover what would be needed for NDSU to be in line with the other G5 schools.

Dewey

Where on the hell are you getting your numbers from? There are real reasons to not go FBS, but that doesn’t mean you can just MAKE UP numbers lololol

There is an actual database showing the spending and it shows that not only is our budget TODAY in line with all of CUSa Schools, but also almost exactly in the middle of MWC as well

NDSU92
11-02-2021, 04:15 AM

Dewey

Wow who would’ve thought an FCSer spreading false narratives: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

Matt Larsen was on 1660 last week saying the increase in costs of going FBS is not nearly as much as people think.

And no, the Valley is not better than the current schools in CUSA. Take out us and maybe even SDSU if they go and CUSA as it sits is miles better.

dewey
11-02-2021, 04:26 AM
Wow who would’ve thought an FCSer spreading false narratives: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

Matt Larsen was on 1660 last week saying the increase in costs of going FBS is not nearly as much as people think.

And no, the Valley is not better than the current schools in CUSA. Take out us and maybe even SDSU if they go and CUSA as it sits is miles better.

Well considering the range of teams in the CUSA varies from 23 to 49 million and assuming NDSU would aim towards the top with a current funding of 27M is about 15-30 million to aim near the top.

Maybe the numbers I used weren't wrong afterall.

Dewey

NDSU92
11-02-2021, 04:35 AM
Well considering the range of teams in the CUSA varies from 23 to 49 million and assuming NDSU would aim towards the top with a current funding of 27M is about 15-30 million to aim near the top.

Maybe the numbers I used weren't wrong afterall.

Dewey

Well considering those teams currently listed under CUSA aren’t going to be in CUSA by the time we get there they probably don’t apply anymore right?

La Tech
FIU
NMSU
SHSU
JSU

All listed near or well below our current budget. UConn, which would be a football only member, is at $75M which doesn’t really apply because all their money goes to basketball.

All other schools jumping up have budgets well below ours. JMU’s bloated budget has nothing to do with operating expenses and is from debt service to their stadium. Our budget is better than Appy’s and Georgia Southerns were when they jumped originally as well. The increased cost fallacy has been debunked a dozen times on here.

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 04:45 AM

Dewey

You wouldn't get excited about a home and home with Air Force, Wyoming, Appalachian State or any G5 school. Would actually get games at Big 10 and Big 12 teams again. A road trip to UTEP at the Sun Bowl every other year would be awesome. How about the Conference Championship game in Fargo on CBS Sports Network and the winner makes a Bowl Game. How about annual conference games vs 2 teams we've played in the National Champship?

If Coastal Carolina can hit #11 in the polls, no reason we can't. Heck last year they were ranked 9 and played a prime time Sat Night Bowl game on ESPN in Orlando with 2.62 million viewer

Ugliest girl in the room?

You're sporting wood over Colgate, Wofford College, Indiana State, St Thomas, Drake, San Diego, Nicholls, Western Illinois and Robert Morris and Furman

Ugliest girl? You got a fetish for morbidly obese women

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 04:56 AM
You wouldn't get excited about a home and home with Air Force, Wyoming, Appalachian State or any G5 school. Would actually get games at Big 10 and Big 12 teams again. A road trip to UTEP at the Sun Bowl every other year would be awesome. How about the Conference Championship game in Fargo on CBS Sports Network and the winner makes a Bowl Game. How about annual conference games vs 2 teams we've played in the National Champship?

If Coastal Carolina can hit #11 in the polls, no reason we can't. Heck last year they were ranked 9 and played a prime time Sat Night Bowl game on ESPN in Orlando with 2.62 million viewer

You're sporting wood over Colgate, Wofford College, Indiana State, St Thomas, Drake, San Diego, Nicholls, Western Illinois and Robert Morris and Furman

YEA HERBOT. bringing the Lumber!!

there are so many more positives today. I'm still mad this wasn't happening in 2013., but alas here we are.

The hot chick's (big 12, MWC) are being stuck up wh0res at Bar close just standing there, going home to a boring rich husband.

CUSA is that girl that's dancing , fun, she'll put out a little extra for you that night ...and you hang there with her and have fun a few years THAN make the leap

ps. remember how these pud fcs teams just up & quit last year? most don't even fund their football teams that well

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-02-2021, 10:44 AM

This is good though.

Except that it will never happen because all the Dakotas will always be on the same side of the bracket, if not in the same quadrant.

Seems like a really nice guy, but I wonder how Dewey felt about leaving D2?

This thread is an excellent example of what we’re up against. One fan (Dewey) wants NCC 2.0, while another (Endzone) won’t take anything less than the MWC. Pretty sure DB’s with Dewey, but a tough spot for ML for sure.

I’d ask the biggest donors what they want, but CUSA commish is most likely going to stick with regionalization and elevate local undeserving FCS teams, since that was her main point through all of this.

Who in the heck spawned that whole P5 split thing? Was that GT? Never get that genie back in the bottle now.

daddy daycare
11-02-2021, 10:55 AM
Whos ready for the CUSA?

Liberty New Mexico State Jacksonville State & Sam Houston State

NDSU FIU UTEP LA TECH

who you rather go to BROWN GRASS 38 degree Frisco for next 10 years or Hawaii Bowl or Bahamas Bowl??

*Bahamas Bowl*vs. MAC
–*Hawaii Bowl*(in 2020, 2022, 2024 NOT 2021)
–*New Mexico Bowl*vs. Mountain West
–*Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl*vs. BYU*(2021 & 2025)
–*R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl*vs. Sun Belt

Any bowl played before Christmas is junk. Independence Bowl the day after Christmas. Lol...good luck with that. This is a fast track to trash the reputation of the fan base. Part of the big draw to Frisco was it could be planned out months in advance.

It's clear NDSU will be stuck in a trash FBS conference at this rate, unless something drastic changes. This is a dangerous time for the football program: stuck in the FCS where everyone is getting cleared out, or off to a garbage FBS conference. Neither is enticing to me personally and I'm thinking a lot of fans are in the same mindset.

NDSU92
11-02-2021, 11:18 AM
Except that it will never happen because all the Dakotas will always be on the same side of the bracket, if not in the same quadrant.

Seems like a really nice guy, but I wonder how Dewey felt about leaving D2?

This thread is an excellent example of what we’re up against. One fan (Dewey) wants NCC 2.0, while another (Endzone) won’t take anything less than the MWC. Pretty sure DB’s with Dewey, but a tough spot for ML for sure.

I’d ask the biggest donors what they want, but CUSA commish is most likely going to stick with regionalization and elevate local undeserving FCS teams, since that was her main point through all of this.

Who in the heck spawned that whole P5 split thing? Was that GT? Never get that genie back in the bottle now.

The “wait until the P5 split” argument was so fundamentally flawed from the get go that now that 90% of people have realized it’ll never happen it’s that much more of a facepalm when people bring it up.

Regardless of whether or not it actually happens, we should be doing what’s best for the university. Why wait until some external event to take place to try to improve our stock? “Once the P5 split happens, the G5 will be BEGGING for an FCS school to come in and call the shots!” Flawed logic

Add in the fact it’ll never happen and the argument ends up being a dog whistle for the forever FCS crowd

Bison_Pride
11-02-2021, 12:43 PM
Some interesting comments from the Sam Houston forum.

http://katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?23253-Potential-C-USA-jump-for-Sam-Houston

NDSUstudent
11-02-2021, 12:56 PM
Any bowl played before Christmas is junk. Independence Bowl the day after Christmas. Lol...good luck with that. This is a fast track to trash the reputation of the fan base. Part of the big draw to Frisco was it could be planned out months in advance.

It's clear NDSU will be stuck in a trash FBS conference at this rate, unless something drastic changes. This is a dangerous time for the football program: stuck in the FCS where everyone is getting cleared out, or off to a garbage FBS conference. Neither is enticing to me personally and I'm thinking a lot of fans are in the same mindset.

It is easy for me, the FCS is a dead end while the FBS is pretty much starting over in a Great West type of situation but it appears that is what we will have to do. Do things right and perhaps we can work our way into the MWC or something better long term. We can elevate our position in the FBS, we can't fix something that is beyond repair and that is where FCS football is.

scottietohottie
11-02-2021, 01:01 PM
Wait while we play sdsu and und over and over again because all the other quality play-off teams just left.

tjamz
11-02-2021, 01:02 PM
CUSA isn't the preferred conference, especially for the long term, but that doesn't mean it isn't the right choice today and for the short term. If there is anything that is certain about FBS it's that they are constantly realigning conferences, with the best teams from each G5 conference getting a sniff at the P5 conferences and then the G5's realigning to form stronger more competent conferences as well. It's entirely possible that CUSA folds, but that doesn't necessarily mean the end of times for the schools in CUSA. If anything it ensures that they will be picked up, in some capacity, but another conference. Maybe it's MWC/MAC for the Northern/Western schools or AAC/Sunbelt for the Eastern/Southern teams or maybe a P5 (for some schools) even if it is just as a FB only affiliate. Either way it puts us in a better position for the future than we are right now. Even if the level of conference competition is similar/lower.

tjbison
11-02-2021, 01:05 PM
It is easy for me, the FCS is a dead end while the FBS is pretty much starting over in a Great West type of situation but it appears that is what we will have to do. Do things right and perhaps we can work our way into the MWC or something better long term. We can elevate our position in the FBS, we can't fix something that is beyond repair and that is where FCS football is.

yup, anyone that thinks the FCS is magically going to get better is stuck in 2003, I noticed guys on Twitter saying with the top leaving others will step up...LOL BS, just crappy teams will look better with the average coming down to their level.

but I guess thats where some NDSU fans want us, in the FCS beating up Non-Scholly teams and teams that fund their FB like HS teams

NDSUstudent
11-02-2021, 01:14 PM
yup, anyone that thinks the FCS is magically going to get better is stuck in 2003, I noticed guys on Twitter saying with the top leaving others will step up...LOL BS, just crappy teams will look better with the average coming down to their level.

but I guess thats where some NDSU fans want us, in the FCS beating up Non-Scholly teams and teams that fund their FB like HS teams

Just look at the SoCon, it is a shell of what it once was. No SoCon team has been close to a title since GSU and App left. SLC and OVC both heading in that direction, with the CAA not far behind. Not sure how the FCS works on a national level when it is basically now in complete obscuirty in two of the biggest football hotbeds, the southeast and Texas.

MankatoBison
11-02-2021, 01:20 PM

Guys, I Just got the text that my FOIA request for MAtt larsens email was approved! A few weeks back Matt emailed this out to the rest of the Athletic department labelled "URGENT: STRATEGY TO IMPROVE NDSU'S STANDING IN NATIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL" and the only thing included was this picture??? guys what do you think he means by this?

Wow how lucky we are to have an AD that is playing 4D chess here. Hes from college sports power house STONY BROOK so you know this moment isnt to big for him.

CalBison97
11-02-2021, 01:28 PM
Anywhere but FCS. This is getting embarrassing.

THEsocalledfan
11-02-2021, 01:28 PM
The very real danger is if and when the P5 break away, if you are not in the G5, you will not get in their new playoff format.....this is a very tricky time for NDSU if they want to remain in "the second highest tier" of football. Frankly, G5 is the original IAA.......that's what folks are not following and we should have been 1AA in 1979.

oldmantutters
11-02-2021, 01:36 PM
I'm thinking the New Orleans Bowl. Bison and titties. That could be fun. Edit: it's not during Mardi Gras but hey

It would be a blast. Bourbon street doesn't shut down, but it does go into a bit of a lull from Thanksgiving until about the time of the New Orleans Bowl. Bourbon street with a bunch of Bison fans would be awesome. BTW Mardi Gras in New Orleans is an experience but it actually kind of sucks. There are people EVERYWHERE. Bars that normally don't charge a cover, suddenly have $20 cover charges. There is zero tolerance for public urination, so you end up paying $20 to wait in line to pee.

daddy daycare
11-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Nobody thinks the FCS is getting "better." There's nothing wrong with questioning being in a shitty FBS conference either. There's nothing enticing me to drive to Fargo for the teams EL CHAPO started this thread with.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Nobody thinks the FCS is getting "better." There's nothing wrong with questioning being in a shitty FBS conference either. There's nothing enticing me to drive to Fargo for the teams EL CHAPO started this thread with.

Nobody has been able to articulate how NDSU fits into FBS besides "muh FCS".

Thomas96
11-02-2021, 01:45 PM

Dewey

Couldn't agree more.

Mr Pep Band
11-02-2021, 02:09 PM
Please combine all these "Going to the FBS" threads into one thread and prevent new ones from being created. They plug up the thread list.

How many of us have made fun of "Garbage", "Generic Sponsor", or "Toilet" Bowls in the past? And now some people want to go and do the thing they ridiculed?! Pass. Give me Frisco and a Natty any day over a "Participation Trophy" Bowl any day.

"Congrats! You had a mediocre season with a 6-5 record. Now here is your huge check for playing a glorified exhibition game."

.....Oh that's right, its all about money. :uhyeah:

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 03:08 PM
Don't be surprised when NEWS breaks on this !!!!

daddy daycare
11-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Can hardly contain my excitement for a watered down FBS conference.

southcliffbison
11-02-2021, 03:36 PM

The Great West Conference was a watered down , stop gap conference that had to be joined to get out of the NCC and away from the small minded dipshits at und, scsu, msu, et al.

THEsocalledfan
11-02-2021, 03:36 PM
Don't be surprised when NEWS breaks on this !!!!

I see nothing Chapo....you got a text?

Kevin
11-02-2021, 03:39 PM

Yeah but it was from me.

I often make shit up.

Rock
11-02-2021, 03:44 PM

I like where your head is at. Wait and see for a few more years.

be dumb NOT to cull the herd of all the fair weather fans.

#Big12orBUST

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 03:52 PM

67% of our FCS National Championship opponents are going to be gone. 37% of them will be in Conference USA

I can hardly contain myself thinking about future non conference games vs Bemidji and playoff rivals VMI and Kennesaw State.

The same thing that happened to D2 will happen to FCS. Scholarship reductions. Remember the year the only way you could watch the D2 Championship game was on WDAY? Yeah...

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2021, 04:01 PM

You didn't hear? Being the largest donor to NDSU athletics, it's his call.

He's the T Boone Pickens of West Central Minnesota.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 04:04 PM
LOL we need a T Boone.

OrygunBison
11-02-2021, 04:08 PM
So, this thread now makes 3 where an FBS transition is being discussed. It is basically the same shit by the same posters on each thread. Often, someone writes something in one of the threads and then repeats, or at least something very similar, in the other threads so that their thought "doesn't get lost". For me, the result is that I probably won't read any of these threads anymore. I'm certainly in the pro-FBS camp - with some realism - but the constant spinning of the same information by the same people is exhausting and frankly unhelpful to get people excited about it. If it were in one thread where I could get all of the information and people's thoughts all in one place, I'd continue to track it. Otherwise, please create a fresh thread when an actual decision has been made and I can disengage until then.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 04:16 PM
Orygun you said this in page 1.

so Ill say it again

THIS THREAD IS FOR CUSA ONLY

Realignment Thread is for what's happening in Realignment

Better FBS Thread has been here 8 years and encapsulates it all.

feel free to ignore! :)

BigHorns
11-02-2021, 04:22 PM
CUSA is stupid and would be a disaster. MWC or MAC are the only logical places to go.

CUSA is a bunch of nobody cares teams playing all over the place with no media deal.
Keep winning FCS titles on ABC or watch the Bison play FIU on Stadium? Seems like an easy choice.

daddy daycare
11-02-2021, 04:30 PM
CUSA is stupid and would be a disaster. MWC or MAC are the only logical places to go.

CUSA is a bunch of nobody cares teams playing all over the place with no media deal.
Keep winning FCS titles on ABC or watch the Bison play FIU on Stadium? Seems like an easy choice.

Kinda where I'm at....I'm not opposed to FBS whatsoever (I've come around that it needs to happen) and it's abundantly clear the FCS' decline is only surpassed by that of Biden's approval ratings. But FIU and the likes posted on the first page? I'll go ahead and keep hunting and fishing on Saturdays....and I'm pretty certain about 50% of the fan base feels the same way.

Professorbum
11-02-2021, 04:34 PM
Kinda where I'm at....I'm not opposed to FBS whatsoever (I've come around that it needs to happen) and it's abundantly clear the FCS' decline is only surpassed by that of Biden's approval ratings. But FIU and the likes posted on the first page? I'll go ahead and keep hunting and fishing on Saturdays....and I'm pretty certain about 50% of the fan base feels the same way.

Sounds like you're doing that now. So with a move, we've lost nothing.

Herd
11-02-2021, 04:40 PM

I on board with moving to CUSA, hell, do it for all sports. It's the first step to a MWC move. Got to take the first step.

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 04:44 PM
I on board with moving to CUSA, hell, do it for all sports. It's the first step to a MWC move. Got to take the first step.

I'm on board for football only. The Summit is a good fit IMO. Now the Mountain West I would be on board for all sports

Herd
11-02-2021, 04:50 PM
If we played the 8 teams in CUSA, then added 4 OOC games of . . . Iowa State, Wisconsin, Western MI, and App State . . . you guys couldn't live with that? Compare that to OOC games of . . . Valpo, EWash, Towson? Really, you want to stay in the FCS? Got to move, it would also separate us from UND, USD, and SDSU in the recruiting arena.

Move to CUSA for 2-3 years, then jump to the MW when there are openings. A CUSA championship in FB would pave that road.

CUSA might only take you as an all-sports member, so do it.

THEsocalledfan
11-02-2021, 04:52 PM
If we played the 8 teams in CUSA, then added 4 OOC games of . . . Iowa State, Wisconsin, Western MI, and App State . . . you guys couldn't live with that? Compare that to OOC games of . . . Valpo, EWash, Towson? Really, you want to stay in the FCS? Got to move.

Not to mention CUSA is likely not the final move.....but it is to get better positioned for the next round of re-alignment......this is a tough decision.

Professor Chaos
11-02-2021, 04:52 PM
Without one or more regional partners this would torpedo pretty much every sport at NDSU outside of football. It's not happening. The mentality that it should happen comes straight out of the playbook of the UND hockey fan.

And why would CUSA even want NDSU by itself in all sports???

Rock
11-02-2021, 04:54 PM

What is our current conference media deal paying NDSU?

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 04:59 PM
If we played the 8 teams in CUSA, then added 4 OOC games of . . . Iowa State, Wisconsin, Western MI, and App State . . . you guys couldn't live with that? Compare that to OOC games of . . . Valpo, EWash, Towson? Really, you want to stay in the FCS? Got to move, it would also separate us from UND, USD, and SDSU in the recruiting arena.

You're quoting the good non conference games lol. In reality it's Drake, Valpo and St Thomas. The other decent (I say that loosely) non conference games are home and homes, which mean we won't get an FBS game.

BattleBorn
11-02-2021, 05:01 PM
There is zero tolerance for public urination, so you end up paying $20 to wait in line to pee.
But that's only for Mardi Gras, right? Asking for a friend.

daddy daycare
11-02-2021, 05:12 PM

The goal of moving to FBS should be more enticing schedule I would imagine. I can't control that the only decent home game so far has been UNI. Yes Missouri State came down to the finish, and USD could as well. Too busy with hockey that weekend anyway. What is being proposed here isn't exactly turning heads besides the GOTTA FBS OR NOTHING crowd.

dewey
11-02-2021, 05:14 PM
Please combine all these "Going to the FBS" threads into one thread and prevent new ones from being created. They plug up the thread list.

How many of us have made fun of "Garbage", "Generic Sponsor", or "Toilet" Bowls in the past? And now some people want to go and do the thing they ridiculed?! Pass. Give me Frisco and a Natty any day over a "Participation Trophy" Bowl any day.

"Congrats! You had a mediocre season with a 6-5 record. Now here is your huge check for playing a glorified exhibition game."

.....Oh that's right, its all about money. :uhyeah:

100% agree!

Crappy conference and crappy bowl tie ins.

Dewey

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 05:19 PM
The goal of moving to FBS should be more enticing schedule I would imagine. I can't control that the only decent home game so far has been UNI. Yes Missouri State came down to the finish, and USD could as well. Too busy with hockey that weekend anyway. What is being proposed here isn't exactly turning heads besides the GOTTA FBS OR NOTHING crowd.

Underachieving and playing down to the level of competition isn't going to fire people up. If USD is competitive, that doesn't excite me. The fact Mo State finally has a competitive team doesn't excite me.

The C-USA would have annual non conference opponents that we've played in the national championship game. We would play Liberty, who has been ranked as high as #18. We would play UTEP in the Sun Bowl. That's just the early version of it. Wait until we see other teams follow like Montana, Montana State, UNI or SDSU. Then we got something great. But for once, we could probably get a non conference game with Nebraska or Minnesota. That's something that will never happen again in the FCS

Professorbum
11-02-2021, 05:25 PM

My point is that FCS has already lost NDSU fanbase interest. In big way. It's obvious to everyone. Making a switch may not bring everyone back, but if it brings back more than it loses, then it is a step in the right direction. If you're not interested either way, you are neither helping nor hurting one side or the other. No problem with that. But it means fans such as yourself (not interested in FCS and not interested in FBS for FBS's sake) are not part of the calculation. If MWC is the only move that would garner your interest, then we'll give you a call in 3-5 years when we get that invite. The invite likely won't happen while we are in FCS, so go fish for a while. In the meantime, NDSU will (hopefully) do the the heavy lifting required to be successful in a less ideal FBS conference and pave the way for a better fit down the road. And by the way, that's not intended to be snark. I don't blame you for the limits of your interests. People are interested in what they are interested in. I'm not interested in FCS either. If a move to FBS doesn't happen during this realignment, I'm probably checking out for good and I'll be fishing right there beside you.

ndsubison1
11-02-2021, 05:32 PM
New Mexico St would be an average FCS team. Same with Utep most years. FIU/UMass are also garbage most years. Louisiana tech is decent. May as well call this the "Espn Bottom 10" Conference. Things would be different if CUSA still had Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky. In order for this to happen I think NDSU would need a few MVFC/Big Sky teams to go with and sprinkle in 1 or 2 Southland/WAC teams.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2021, 05:37 PM
New Mexico St would be an average FCS team. Same with Utep most years. FIU/UMass are also garbage most years. Louisiana tech is decent. May as well call this the "Espn Bottom 10" Conference. Things would be different if CUSA still had Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky. In order for this to happen I think NDSU would need a few MVFC/Big Sky teams to go with and sprinkle in 1 or 2 Southland/WAC teams.

Boy, that sounds like a sellout schedule every year, doesn't it?

Bisonator98
11-02-2021, 05:46 PM
I'd be fine with FB only to CUSA for awhile anyway until something better comes along but there's almost no chance they move all sports there with the current conglomeration of schools.

ndsubison1
11-02-2021, 05:47 PM
Get SDSU or USD with us then I'm on board for football only. We need another school close by to justify. Travel would help the budget a lot for the other sports if we stayed in the Summit.

No_Skill
11-02-2021, 05:56 PM

Is it destined to stay that way for eternity?

oldmantutters
11-02-2021, 06:01 PM
But that's only for Mardi Gras, right? Asking for a friend.

The zero tolerance for public urination, no. The cover charges, that was my experience when I lived down in SE LA.

BattleBorn
11-02-2021, 06:02 PM
The zero tolerance for public urination, no.
We should keep that quiet until after we move up...

oldmantutters
11-02-2021, 06:03 PM
We should keep that quiet until after we move up... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211102/e056bf76c7d779beed1db699f856667a.gif

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Kevin
11-02-2021, 06:10 PM
CUSA is transitionary just like the great west was in fcs.

You have to look at it through that lens. We never get into the gateway without it.

THEsocalledfan
11-02-2021, 06:12 PM

You have to look at it through that lens. We never get into the gateway without it.

ding, ding, f'ing ding........

Rock
11-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Wait…. You mean a really similar thing to this current situation happened before? To NDSU Athletics???

How did it work out for them?

THEsocalledfan
11-02-2021, 06:14 PM
Wait…. You mean a really similar thing to this current situation happened before? To NDSU Athletics???

How did it work out for them?

Would you even believe it was also a football only situation? :)

Bisonator98
11-02-2021, 06:19 PM

Exactly. Hopefully SDSU views it the same and we'll both be in the B12 in 10 years. :biggrin:

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 06:22 PM
well there's this .. https://csnbbs.com/thread-934162-post-17807694.html#pid17807694

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 06:27 PM

It would definitely need some good FCS teams with some rivalries and history to solidify it. Something with a more northern or central presence

UMass made the National Championship game 3 times and won it in 1998. Their last 2 years as an FCS program, they made the Natty and lost to Appalacian and lost a Semi Final game to SIU by 1 score. Keep in mind, the playoff field was smaller back then. I think it was 12 or 18 (but I could be wrong) They have the potential to be a good team.

New Mexico State has struggled because they haven't found a conference and have been Independent. Their stadium is solid and some games they draw 25K... others they draw 10K. But a bad FBS team is still way better than a bad FCS team. They must be improving since they made a Bowl Game and won it.

UTEP is decent and the Sun Bowl can get pretty rockin when they have a good team. Really cool stadium

Sam Houston and Jacksonville State would be fun for conference opponents. Obviously they are solid programs since we've met them in Frisco.

JMB
11-02-2021, 06:37 PM
well there's this .. https://csnbbs.com/thread-934162-post-17807694.html#pid17807694

Wait they let you be a moderator???

Professorbum
11-02-2021, 06:42 PM

Lol. Can you wait until we get in before you tick them off?

KSBisonFan
11-02-2021, 06:50 PM
Wait they let you be a moderator???

That alone should tell you everything you need to know about that forum.

ndsubison1
11-02-2021, 06:50 PM
lol thats hilarious

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 06:56 PM
THIS GUY GETS IT:

JCMiner Online
All American

Warning Level: 0%
I Root For: UTEP

RE: NDSU would SAVE C-USA

I want schools that can be in the conversation for the G5 access bowl spot. Liberty and NDSU fit the bill.

The_Sicatoka
11-02-2021, 07:12 PM
Assume C-USA bleeds out MTSU and WKU to be down to ... three: FIU, LaTech, UTEP.

C-USA has already made advances toward Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, and Jacksonville State. That's seven, but that's still life support. And it's very southern/southwest.

The infamous "SiouxVolley" (RIP) has left our mortal realm, so, I'm left to channel his thoughts.

C-USA can't survive at seven.

Sometimes when it's not there for you you have to build it for yourself (see: Great West). But you need a lot (an FBS lot, because you need an invite) to build on. That's C-USA. Being FBS they can invite FCS to move up (see: SHSU and J-State).

C-USA should form C-USA North: UND, NDSU, UMt, MtSU, USD, SDSU, Idaho. That'd be 14.

If they want 16 find a north and a south team that fits.

Doing that C-USA would survive, a "western MAC" division would be formed (and who knows what comes of that group in say seven to ten years).

This (C-USA at 14 or 16) group would manage costs by conference limits on expenditures and better travel.

SiouxVolley always figured the WAC would be the shell, the path to a northern FBS group, and the Sun Belt would die away.
Well, it looks like the Sun Belt lives, and C-USA is dying and could be the path to an FBS "Great North" (his words).

Fire away. :)

BISONBRI53
11-02-2021, 07:20 PM
Underachieving and playing down to the level of competition isn't going to fire people up. If USD is competitive, that doesn't excite me. The fact Mo State finally has a competitive team doesn't excite me.

The C-USA would have annual non conference opponents that we've played in the national championship game. We would play Liberty, who has been ranked as high as #18. We would play UTEP in the Sun Bowl. That's just the early version of it. Wait until we see other teams follow like Montana, Montana State, UNI or SDSU. Then we got something great. But for once, we could probably get a non conference game with Nebraska or Minnesota. That's something that will never happen again in the FCS

Dude! Get over your boner for UTEP! Good god! If you think we were playing down to our competition this year you really don't have a clue... How is any team in CUSA any better than playing USD or Mo State? They suck too! Just a name change and a new conference and FBS! Big fucking deal! Don't get me wrong. I would love to move up... WHEN it makes sense for us to do it with schools who give a shit...

NDSU92
11-02-2021, 07:26 PM
Dude! Get over your boner for UTEP! Good god! If you think we were playing down to our competition this year you really don't have a clue... How is any team in CUSA any better than playing USD or Mo State? They suck too! Just a name change and a new conference and FBS! Big fucking deal! Don't get me wrong. I would love to move up... WHEN it makes sense for us to do it with schools who give a shit...

The ceiling and floor are both higher for us in CUSA. The schools that you and other are ragging on would blow away the bottom half of the valley. Saddest part of all is that the bottom half of the valley would blow away the rest of FCS.

I'll bet you can't list 5 schools in the new FCS that "give a shit" more than the bottom of the proposed CUSA. I'll even let you count SDSU who I would hope would transition with us.

Kevin
11-02-2021, 07:29 PM
Assume C-USA bleeds out MTSU and WKU to be down to ... three: FIU, LaTech, UTEP.

C-USA has already made advances toward Liberty, NMSU, SHSU, and Jacksonville State. That's seven, but that's still life support. And it's very southern/southwest.

The infamous "SiouxVolley" (RIP) has left our mortal realm, so, I'm left to channel his thoughts.

C-USA can't survive at seven.

Sometimes when it's not there for you you have to build it for yourself (see: Great West). But you need a lot (an FBS lot, because you need an invite) to build on. That's C-USA. Being FBS they can invite FCS to move up (see: SHSU and J-State).

C-USA should form C-USA North: UND, NDSU, UMt, MtSU, USD, SDSU, Idaho. That'd be 14.

If they want 16 find a north and a south team that fits.

Doing that C-USA would survive, a "western MAC" division would be formed (and who knows what comes of that group in say seven to ten years).

This (C-USA at 14 or 16) group would manage costs by conference limits on expenditures and better travel.

SiouxVolley always figured the WAC would be the shell, the path to a northern FBS group, and the Sun Belt would die away.
Well, it looks like the Sun Belt lives, and C-USA is dying and could be the path to an FBS "Great North" (his words).

Fire away. :)

UND is not ready for fbs.

The_Sicatoka
11-02-2021, 07:35 PM
UND is not ready for fbs.

... yet.

I'm thinking top two issues are: head FB coach and the silly "15k seats" rule. Both are solvable before 2025.

NDSU92
11-02-2021, 07:37 PM
... yet.

I'm thinking top two issues are: head FB coach and the silly "15k seats" rule. Both are solvable before 2025.

There are 25 schools or more on the east coast that check all the same boxes as UND. NDSU needs a travel partner and that's getting filled by SDSU (which would already be a stretch for FBS). No thanks, back to the pit of misery.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2021, 07:41 PM
... yet.

$$$$$$$$$$

The_Sicatoka
11-02-2021, 07:42 PM
There are 25 schools or more on the east coast that check all the same boxes as UND. NDSU needs a travel partner and that's getting filled by SDSU (which would already be a stretch for FBS). No thanks, back to the pit of misery.

NDSU needs a pathway to FBS.

Not MWC, not Big XII, not the MAC, and surely no eastern team with vastly more options, is coming out to the northern plains for one team.

If there is to be FBS it has to be built by those in the northern plains.

After it's built, that group may again part paths. Que sera sera.

The_Sicatoka
11-02-2021, 07:44 PM
$$$$$$$$$$

Touche. But again, solvable.

TAILG8R
11-02-2021, 07:44 PM
... yet.

You forgot to mention the other top 10 reasons. I'll list them for you
1. Teh Hockies
2. Teh Hockies
1. Teh Hockies
3. Teh Hockies
4. Teh Hockies
5. Teh Hockies
6. Teh Hockies
7. Teh Hockies
8. Teh Hockies
9. Teh Hockies
10. Teh Hockies

bisonaudit
11-02-2021, 07:47 PM
$$$$$$$$$$

If we’re going to redirect a bunch of COVID money someplace I’d much rather blow it on a move up with UND than giving it away to fossil fuel interests.

Lets get in on the special session gravy train.

daddy daycare
11-02-2021, 07:54 PM

Liberty and UTEP? Good news is we won't need a bigger stadium for that move. Looks like its gonna go down though. So the Common Man...the best of the lousiest or the lousiest of the best as far as football conferences go. Unfortunately for everyone, that's where we're at.

1st&TennBison
11-02-2021, 07:55 PM
Well considering those teams currently listed under CUSA aren’t going to be in CUSA by the time we get there they probably don’t apply anymore right?

La Tech
FIU
NMSU
SHSU
JSU

All listed near or well below our current budget. UConn, which would be a football only member, is at $75M which doesn’t really apply because all their money goes to basketball.

All other schools jumping up have budgets well below ours. JMU’s bloated budget has nothing to do with operating expenses and is from debt service to their stadium. Our budget is better than Appy’s and Georgia Southerns were when they jumped originally as well. The increased cost fallacy has been debunked a dozen times on here.
I find it funny that a sport like basketball requires more money than a football program. Only 20 or so people on the team, wearing a t-shirt shorts and sneakers. Equipment and travel costs are so much less expensive. 75 million and most of their money goes to basketball........i don't think so.

stevdock
11-02-2021, 08:04 PM
I bet if we were to move to this conference we would miss on some of the scholarship kids that we have gotten over the years and I don't think we would gain a whole lot just by being FBS in this conference.

JMB
11-02-2021, 08:10 PM
I bet if we were to move to this conference we would miss on some of the scholarship kids that we have gotten over the years and I don't think we would gain a whole lot just by being FBS in this conference.

I think this is a fair point.

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-02-2021, 08:14 PM
I think this is a fair point.

It’s certainly a fair question. Is it based on more than a hunch?

Rock
11-02-2021, 08:15 PM
NDSU needs a pathway to FBS.

Not MWC, not Big XII, not the MAC, and surely no eastern team with vastly more options, is coming out to the northern plains for one team.

If there is to be FBS it has to be built by those in the northern plains.

After it's built, that group may again part paths. Que sera sera.

Un_ couldn’t understand how we did it without them last time either.

If they actually start getting on board working together and thinking this is a good idea... I change my mind on everything.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2021, 08:15 PM
If we’re going to redirect a bunch of COVID money someplace I’d much rather blow it on a move up with UND than giving it away to fossil fuel interests.

Lets get in on the special session gravy train.

You assume UND would spend it.

bisonaudit
11-02-2021, 08:19 PM

How did we feel about recruiting the last time when the conference was SDSU, Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, UC Davis and Southern Utah?

At least the concern this time around doesn’t seem to be opportunities for local kids.

bisonaudit
11-02-2021, 08:20 PM
You assume UND would spend it.

I assume we’d get zero if they weren’t involved.

1st&TennBison
11-02-2021, 08:22 PM

2006 Boise St finished as the only undefeated team in the FBS. They knocked off Oklahoma 42-41 in overtime, and were ranked at #5-6 at the very end. For 5 years they only had 2 losses and were never ranked higher than 4th. So basically after going at least 60-2 during that time they would not have gotten any invite to a college football playoff based on the current system. And their #4 ranking came only after they won their bowl game meaning they were out of the loop going into that game anyway. That is an incredible run for any team in the FBS, and after 5 years of them kicking pretty much everyone's ass they still were looked at by the P5 schools and the powers that be as inferior. How many years in a row will NDSU have to go undefeated in the CUSA to get an invite to play for a FBS national championship???

bisonaudit
11-02-2021, 08:26 PM
2006 Boise St finished as the only undefeated team in the FBS. They knocked off Oklahoma 42-41 in overtime, and were ranked at #5-6 at the very end. For 5 years they only had 2 losses and were never ranked higher than 4th. So basically after going at least 60-2 during that time they would not have gotten any invite to a college football playoff based on the current system. And their #4 ranking came only after they won their bowl game meaning they were out of the loop going into that game anyway. That is an incredible run for any team in the FBS, and after 5 years of them kicking pretty much everyone's ass they still were looked at by the P5 schools and the powers that be as inferior. How many years in a row will NDSU have to go undefeated in the CUSA to get an invite to play for a FBS national championship???

I always thought that the idea was that we play in the second tier of college football, and the only question was how to define which tier that actually was and how to get/stay there.

MankatoBison
11-02-2021, 08:43 PM

Of all the reasons I've heard against going FBS, "recruiting would be worse" is the by far the most insane.

The amount of stupidity required to believe FCS recruits are better than FBS recruits is breathtaking

The_Sicatoka
11-02-2021, 08:43 PM
I always thought that the idea was that we play in the second tier of college football, and the only question was how to define which tier that actually was and how to get/stay there.

So is "second tier" ... FCS or G5?

MankatoBison
11-02-2021, 08:45 PM

This ignores the reality that Boise wouldnt trade those seasons or that specific game for 19/20 FCS national titles. They could lose their next 100 games and they still wouldnt regret going FBS

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 08:54 PM
This ignores the reality that Boise wouldnt trade those seasons or that specific game for 19/20 FCS national titles. They could lose their next 100 games and they still wouldnt regret going FBS

This ^ ^ ^

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 09:02 PM
Recruiting would be much better in the CUSA and you'd snatch all the local FBS level kids and any 2-3 star kid that couldn't get into Wisc/Minn/Iowa , You'd mop up vs the MAC recruits in wisconsin/iowa and you'd steal 4-5 top guys for sdsu, uni, usd for sure.
hell like i said in the other thread, we can use the PUD dakota teams as our minor leagues & transfer portal 2-3 a year if we want.
We'd have a helluva team with 22 more full rides!

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 09:14 PM
Southland is now down to 5
McNeese and Incarnate Word are going to the WAC. Apparently CUSA wasn't interested in McNeese

Professorbum
11-02-2021, 09:14 PM
Listening to Keith Brake right now. Can't stand how they talk around the elephant in the room. It is like he's been ordered not to mention NDSU when talking about all the realignment. Whether we are in the mix or not, it is radio malpractice not to talk about how NDSU is a potential option for CUSA.

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 09:17 PM
Listening to Keith Brake right now. Can't stand how they talk around the elephant in the room. It is like he's been ordered not to mention NDSU when talking about all the realignment. Whether we are in the mix or not, it is radio malpractice not to talk about how NDSU is a potential option for CUSA.

No he talks about NDSU going to the CUSA all the time and things we deserve an offer

Professorbum
11-02-2021, 09:19 PM
Have not heard him say that. Just heard him say that the calculation for JSU and SHSU is worth making the move and that for NDSU, it may not be worth it. Not untrue, but certainly not a rousing endorsement for moving up. '

And btw, his mention of NDSU right there was the first time he mentioned the Bison and was 20 minutes into his opening monologue about realignment.

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 09:23 PM
Have not heard him say that. Just heard him say that the calculation for JSU and SHSU is worth making the move and that for NDSU, it may not be worth it. Not untrue, but certainly not a rousing endorsement for moving up.

He's been saying it for months. Not today though

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 09:24 PM
"Sources tell CBS Sports that Conference USA commissioner Judy MacLeod has received calls from up to 30 prospective members to fill that eighth spot."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/conference-usa-adding-four-teams-but-seeking-one-more-after-being-gutted-during-realignment/

Professorbum
11-02-2021, 09:26 PM
He's been saying it for months. Not today though

I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I don't catch him live very often, but I go back and listen to the podcasts a lot. I don't recall him ever saying anything about CUSA other than that they are too far away. He was big on the momentary MWC hope, but that's all ever I detected.

DM05
11-02-2021, 09:29 PM

Not against moving up for the right opportunity, but going FBS wouldn't guarantee P5 games......the Big 12 and Big 10 currently schedule other FCS teams. They don't hang up the phone because we are FCS, they hang up the phone because we beat them and they'd rather be paying for wins.

Joining other FCS teams moving into C-USA would make some sense.....there is recent history/familiarity with those schools that we wouldn't have in the MAC.

However, selling road trips to El Paso and games on CBS Sports Network probably isn't going to get it done. There are plenty of G5 teams that I wouldn't give two shits about, and we currently get multiple games on one of the ESPN networks every year.

HerdBot
11-02-2021, 09:47 PM
Not against moving up for the right opportunity, but going FBS wouldn't guarantee P5 games......the Big 12 and Big 10 currently schedule other FCS teams. They don't hang up the phone because we are FCS, they hang up the phone because we beat them and they'd rather be paying for wins.

Joining other FCS teams moving into C-USA would make some sense.....there is recent history/familiarity with those schools that we wouldn't have in the MAC.

However, selling road trips to El Paso and games on CBS Sports Network probably isn't going to get it done. There are plenty of G5 teams that I wouldn't give two shits about, and we currently get multiple games on one of the ESPN networks every year.

i think it's a lock. The worst thing you can do as an FBS team is to lose to FCS. It's a perception deal.

I looked at the next 10 years of non conference at Nebraska and here is who they scheduled... no way they consider all of these teams so much weaker than a brand new NDSU team

Buffalo, Georgia Southern (1.3 million), Northern Illinois (twice), Louisiana Tech, UTEP (twice), Akron, Louisiana-Monroe, a home and home with Tennessee, Home and home with Oklahoma, Ohio, home and home with Arizona, @ Cincinnati, and a home and home with Colorado.

They also got SDSU and UND

Rock
11-02-2021, 09:54 PM

True, I argue that a G5 NDSU gets those games P5 MUCH more easily with reasonable payday because of possible ranking, and potential opponents not having FCS games barely count as a win for strength of schedule in bowl/championship selection. As well as much better home game ooc options. If you were an AD would you want to schedule an FCS game 5 years out and potentially find out your conference won’t allow it or championship selection decides game won’t count year before the scheduled game? I wouldn’t touch them either. Along with decent chance for a good game/loss.

Not watching junk G5? nobody watches Kansas football either. Good teams get attention, and *higher the level*, higher the perceived credibility by fans/selectors.

1st&TennBison
11-02-2021, 10:13 PM

The school itself or its fans? I would bet that the fans would become scarce if they put together 5 or 6 2-3 win seasons in a row. And my point about Boise isn't that they didn't have a great run and that it was a waste. I think what they did was great. My point is, that going 11-0 and being in the CUSA is not going to get NDSU any real significant bowl offers. Mid level at best. And any top level bowl offers would only come if they had 3-4 seasons with only 1 loss, maybe 2.

1st&TennBison
11-02-2021, 10:16 PM

Shows how often you listen to the station.

NDSU1980
11-02-2021, 10:19 PM
... yet.

Hell, un_ can't even come up with a winning season this year.

1st&TennBison
11-02-2021, 10:20 PM

Not only do you have to be tuned into the station, but you have to turn up the volume past 1 then you can hear it just fine

The_Sicatoka
11-02-2021, 10:20 PM
The realignment going on right now, it's not giving a sniff or a thought to anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line.

It's build ourselves or FCS.

DM05
11-02-2021, 10:35 PM
True, I argue that a G5 NDSU gets those games P5 MUCH more easily with reasonable payday because of possible ranking, and potential opponents not having FCS games barely count as a win for strength of schedule in bowl/championship selection. As well as much better home game ooc options. If you were an AD would you want to schedule an FCS game 5 years out and potentially find out your conference won’t allow it or championship selection decides game won’t count year before the scheduled game? I wouldn’t touch them either. Along with decent chance for a good game/loss.

Not watching junk G5? nobody watches Kansas football either. Good teams get attention, and *higher the level*, higher the perceived credibility by fans/selectors.

Barely counting FCS wins? They count exactly the same as a G5 win for bowl eligibility, +1 in the win column.....and I've never heard anyone bring up an FCS game during the conversation about CFP resumes. They'd probably get penalized for a loss to FBS NDSU less than they would for a loss to FCS NDSU, but a win would count the same. And that was my point; they don't hang up the phone because of the division we play in, they hang up because they'd rather pay for a win than risk a loss.

I replied to a statement that implied we should get excited about a home and home with any G5 school......and I wouldn't get excited about a home and home with probably half the G5.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 11:21 PM
The school itself or its fans? I would bet that the fans would become scarce if they put together 5 or 6 2-3 win seasons in a row. And my point about Boise isn't that they didn't have a great run and that it was a waste. I think what they did was great. My point is, that going 11-0 and being in the CUSA is not going to get NDSU any real significant bowl offers. Mid level at best. And any top level bowl offers would only come if they had 3-4 seasons with only 1 loss, maybe 2.

Wrong. if there is 8 team playoff there will be 1 top G5 rep in there.

plus

2021[7]:

Guaranteed Bowl Bid

The Bahamas Bowl versus MAC
The New Orleans Bowl versus Sun Belt
The Independence Bowl versus BYU
C-USA will get 4 or 5 additional bowl bids from these 12 bowls (decision made in conjunction with ESPN, who owns these bowls):

The Frisco Bowl
The New Mexico Bowl
The Gasparilla Bowl
The First Responder Bowl
The Boca Raton Bowl
The Armed Forces Bowl
The Birmingham Bowl
The Camellia Bowl
The Cure Bowl
The Fenway Bowl
The Myrtle Beach Bowl
The LendingTree Bowl

CAS4127
11-02-2021, 11:33 PM
I’d prefer this entire discussion wait until after the Jack’s game.

Professorbum
11-02-2021, 11:45 PM

I actually think we're at that point. Absent some bombshell news story that involves NDSU, I'm ready to pivot. The SDSU game truly is the only FCS game, other than the championship game, that I really care about. So I'm ready to turn my attention southward.

El_Chapo
11-02-2021, 11:49 PM

#1 WE can do both its a message board

#2 1 thing i've learned from NDSU football that Craig Bohl has passed down to Chris Klieman to Matt Entz..... the Players DONT PAY ATTENTION for 1 SECOND to the shit that NDSU fans talk about online, on boards, on social media....
I've talked to soooo many players about this, because I would probably cut my cockiness down a bit if it affected them... but Travis Beck to Matt Veldman to Marcus Williams to Billy Turner to Trey/Pheonix.... they all said "We actually think it's awesome for the NDSU fans to talk shit and we BACK THEM UP, its almost a pride thing that we'd let down the fans & former players"

DakotaOkie
11-02-2021, 11:50 PM
The realignment going on right now, it's not giving a sniff or a thought to anyone north of the Mason-Dixon line.

It's build ourselves or FCS.
Geez...I completely agree with you.

1st&TennBison
11-02-2021, 11:51 PM

plus

2021[7]:

Guaranteed Bowl Bid

C-USA will get 4 or 5 additional bowl bids from these 12 bowls (decision made in conjunction with ESPN, who owns these bowls):

The Frisco Bowl
The New Mexico Bowl
The Gasparilla Bowl
The First Responder Bowl
The Boca Raton Bowl
The Armed Forces Bowl
The Birmingham Bowl
The Camellia Bowl
The Cure Bowl
The Fenway Bowl
The Myrtle Beach Bowl
The LendingTree Bowl

You drug addiction problem is starting to become more evident. Once in awhile maybe, and they had better be undefeated or maybe one loss with wins against a couple top ten teams. No one is dying to see a 11-1 Wyoming/Ap St get a spot over a 11-1 or 10-2 P5 school like Oklahoma, Ohio St, Alabama, Clemson, Penn St, Auburn, Georgia,Michigan,Oregon,Notre Dame and a few others. And all those bowls you just listed are pretty much bottom of the barrel that a 7-5 P5 school would play a 11-1 or 10-2 Mountain West. All these G5 schools that have had undefeated seasons since the FBS playoffs started....... how many have been given a shot at the 4 team playoff.

DakotaOkie
11-02-2021, 11:57 PM
You drug addiction problem is starting to become more evident. Once in awhile maybe, and they had better be undefeated or maybe one loss with wins against a couple top ten teams. No one is dying to see a 11-1 Wyoming/Ap St get a spot over a 11-1 or 10-2 P5 school like Oklahoma, Ohio St, Alabama, Clemson, Penn St, Auburn, Georgia,Michigan,Oregon,Notre Dame and a few others. And all those bowls you just listed are pretty much bottom of the barrel that a 7-5 P5 school would play a 11-1 or 10-2 Mountain West. All these G5 schools that have had undefeated seasons since the FBS playoffs started....... how many have been given a shot at the 4 team playoff.
Even Oklahoma with perfect win record thus far is not really a serious part of the "playoff" conversation. It is SEC, Big10, and ACC in that order. Anyone else is simply kidding themselves that they are welcome to be a part of the "Championship". B12 and Pac12 are only window dressing for the BIG money conferences. Cincy is a novelty at best right now.

56BISON73
11-03-2021, 12:05 AM

plus

2021[7]:

Guaranteed Bowl Bid

The Frisco Bowl
The New Mexico Bowl
The Gasparilla Bowl
The First Responder Bowl
The Boca Raton Bowl
The Armed Forces Bowl
The Birmingham Bowl
The Camellia Bowl
The Cure Bowl
The Fenway Bowl
The Myrtle Beach Bowl
The LendingTree Bowl

Youre dreaming.

ALL of the stalling, different playoff Names-oraganizations-administrations and the P5 being granted autonomy is for ONE fucking thing. TO KEEP THE MONEY in P5 CONTROL.

NO g5 team no matter how good is going to sniff a FBS-P5 Natty. Get used to that realization.

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 12:38 AM

plus

2021[7]:

Guaranteed Bowl Bid

The Frisco Bowl
The New Mexico Bowl
The Gasparilla Bowl
The First Responder Bowl
The Boca Raton Bowl
The Armed Forces Bowl
The Birmingham Bowl
The Camellia Bowl
The Cure Bowl
The Fenway Bowl
The Myrtle Beach Bowl
The LendingTree Bowl

90% of CFB fans are going to have to google to make sure those are legit bowls and very few NDSU fans will be making those a priority. "Christmas is cancelled, Russ we're headed to the Cure Bowl." lol

MinotBison
11-03-2021, 12:44 AM
....NO g5 team no matter how good is going to sniff a FBS-P5 Natty. Get used to that realization.

Bingo. :nod:

bisonaudit
11-03-2021, 12:47 AM
90% of CFB fans are going to have to google to make sure those are legit bowls and very few NDSU fans will be making those a priority. "Christmas is cancelled, Russ we're headed to the Cure Bowl." lol
I think that CFB fans have enough experience with bowl games at this point that they assume the more obscure and nonsensical the name the more likely it’s a “real” game. Which of course makes plain the truth that they’re all fake.

CAS4127
11-03-2021, 01:26 AM
This MAC game at 52 total points before half has me riveted to my TV ... as I wash dishes.

Edit: someone just scored a TD.

solid football...

Rock
11-03-2021, 01:55 AM

Part of the BISON novelty is that it’s North Dakota. With such a small population, and no significant attractions VERY few people have been to the state. Where much of the G5 etc people have heard of/seen/knows someone going there etc.

I think that novelty remains and gets them media attention.

That and the way NDSU plays ball would continue to make them an attraction in G5. Even if the game wasn’t well attended by Bison fans the fans that make it will be awesome as usual and spread the glory across new parts of the nation. Creating new fans, and eventually alumni.

I remember sitting at TCF with small kids behind me wearing their Gopher shit as NDSU tore their hearts out. I leaned over to the boy and said in front of his dad “remember kid… someday if you are good enough. Maybe you could play for The Bison.”

And that kid became Trey Lance.

56BISON73
11-03-2021, 01:57 AM
Part of the BISON novelty is that it’s North Dakota. With such a small population, and no significant attractions VERY few people have been to the state. Where much of the G5 etc people have heard of/seen/knows someone going there etc.

I think that novelty remains and gets them media attention.

That and the way NDSU plays ball would continue to make them an attraction in G5. Even if the game wasn’t well attended by Bison fans the fans that make it will be awesome as usual and spread the glory across new parts of the nation. Creating new fans, and eventually alumni.

I remember sitting at TCF with small kids behind me wearing their Gopher shit as NDSU tore their hearts out. I leaned over to the boy and said in front of his dad “remember kid… someday if you are good enough. Maybe you could play for The Bison.”

And that kid became Trey Lance.

Cool story bro :biggrin:

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 02:17 AM

I dont do those idiot.

if there is 8 playoff teams like they are requesting, 1 will be a G5. promise.

ocsid
11-03-2021, 02:28 AM

And almost every single one gets better TV ratings than the FCS championship game. I looked it up a few years ago to make a point, and I believe only the Boca Raton bowl and maybe the Bahamas bowl got lower ratings than the FCS title game. The average college football fan doesn't know what FCS is.

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 02:35 AM
remember this awesome story? Bahamas Bowl 2017

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/7lj7wz/i_am_currently_at_the_bahamas_bowl_and_im_here_to/

So we took a ship down to the Bahamas to see Ohio play UAB, and it has been nothing short of amazing (and honestly, questionable). Here's a short list of things we've done here at the game so far:

-Brought beer right in to the stadium. The locals at the gate didn't even ask to check tickets. One of them took a sip of my beer.

56BISON73
11-03-2021, 02:41 AM
remember this awesome story? Bahamas Bowl 2017

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/7lj7wz/i_am_currently_at_the_bahamas_bowl_and_im_here_to/

So we took a ship down to the Bahamas to see Ohio play UAB, and it has been nothing short of amazing (and honestly, questionable). Here's a short list of things we've done here at the game so far:

-Brought beer right in to the stadium. The locals at the gate didn't even ask to check tickets. One of them took a sip of my beer.

You need to move there.

HerdBot
11-03-2021, 03:16 AM
This MAC game at 52 total points before half has me riveted to my TV ... as I wash dishes.

solid football...

It's certainly entertaining. But I wonder if nobody is at the game or if it's covid restrictions. My goodness there couldn't be 1000 people there

1st&TennBison
11-03-2021, 03:23 AM
I dont do those idiot.

if there is 8 playoff teams like they are requesting, 1 will be a G5. promise.

Are you sure........or is that the drugs talking?
Oh and here is a shocker, Cincinnati is undefeated and currently ranked #6 even if they go undefeated has pretty much no way to make it to the FBS playoffs. And according to the story could actually get jumped by the teams behind them due to strength of schedule and fall further back. Good thing for NDSU that the powerhouse CUSA is an option.:facepalm:https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2132/cincinnati-bearcats

HerdBot
11-03-2021, 03:25 AM
Oh and here is a shocker, Cincinnati is undefeated and currently ranked #6 even if they go undefeated has pretty much no way to make it to the FBS playoffs. And according to the story could actually get jumped by the teams behind them due to strength of schedule and fall further back. Good thing for NDSU that the powerhouse CUSA is an option.:facepalm:https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2132/cincinnati-bearcats

With the current format no. But if the playoff was expanded who knows.

bisonaudit
11-03-2021, 03:30 AM

60 percentish chance they get into the 4 team playoff if they win out, from fivethirtyeight.com.

1st&TennBison
11-03-2021, 03:38 AM
With the current format no. But if the playoff was expanded who knows.

Sure we do, it will get in four more 10-2 P5 schools. Huge names in the world of P5 football with tons of money behind their name are going to draw much larger TV audiences and generate way more money for everyone involved than a undefeated Fresno St (or similar school ) with a strength of schedule ranked 29th or worse in the country. If they went to a 16 team field, then yes, one and probably two for sure can get in so that maybe a Cinderella story can unfold without any real impact on potential revenue loss.

1st&TennBison
11-03-2021, 03:50 AM
60 percentish chance they get into the 4 team playoff if they win out, from fivethirtyeight.com.

Still not buying it, does anyone think they are going to get in over a current team that is ranked 1-4 right now even if Georgia loses one. Or if Oklahoma and Ohio St only end up with one loss? Every one of those P5 schools has a much tougher strength of schedule, and that is a big factor in the selection process.

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 04:03 AM
take your ambein... nite nite 1st and tenn

HerdBot
11-03-2021, 04:07 AM
Sure we do, it will get in four more 10-2 P5 schools. Huge names in the world of P5 football with tons of money behind their name are going to draw much larger TV audiences and generate way more money for everyone involved than a undefeated Fresno St (or similar school ) with a strength of schedule ranked 29th or worse in the country. If they went to a 16 team field, then yes, one and probably two for sure can get in so that maybe a Cinderella story can unfold without any real impact on potential revenue loss.

In the short term maybe but the day the #2 ranked team in the nation doesn't get in the playoffs it will turn off 3/4 of the country and viewership will suffer over time. They are basically saying publicly its rigged. Rigging sports doesn't translate to good ratings

If they are going to rig it, they have to rig the polls and Cincinnati is #2.

I hope they rig it because I can't stand the Power 5 and this will harm their brand. Nothing would make me laugh more than every team in front of them lose 3 games each and then still see Cincinnati miss the playoffs

bisonaudit
11-03-2021, 04:20 AM
In the short term maybe but the day the #2 ranked team in the nation doesn't get in the playoffs it will turn off 3/4 of the country and viewership will suffer over time. They are basically saying publicly its rigged. Rigging sports doesn't translate to good ratings

If they are going to rig it, they have to rig the polls and Cincinnati is #2.

I hope they rig it because I can't stand the Power 5 and this will harm their brand. Nothing would make me laugh more than every team in front of them lose 3 games each and then still see Cincinnati miss the playoffs

I get that it would be trouble from a public perception stand point but just because people think that they’re the second best team in the country doesn’t mean that they actually are.

ByeSonBusiness
11-03-2021, 04:36 AM
If they go to 8....I suspect they will give the G5 a team.

They will give them the 8 seed and watch them get demolished by the 1 seed, if they pull off the upset, they'll just get prisonfucked in the next game.

Rock
11-03-2021, 05:50 AM
Why is Cincinnati even rated that high? Have they beat ANYONE? Still gotta schedule somebody and still valuable to pisspound the G5 like ‘96 florida.

Part of not getting a G5 in is they may have undefeated teams- but are they dominate against conference mates that routinely get dominated by P5 OOC?

tjbison
11-03-2021, 09:44 AM

solid football...

Sounds like a typical Big Sky game

tjbison
11-03-2021, 09:48 AM
Why is Cincinnati even rated that high? Have they beat ANYONE? Still gotta schedule somebody and still valuable to pisspound the G5 like ‘96 florida.

Part of not getting a G5 in is they may have undefeated teams- but are they dominate against conference mates that routinely get dominated by P5 OOC?

Sounds like SDSU this year..

KSBisonFan
11-03-2021, 12:40 PM
From an article written by Colton Foster for the Huntsville Item regarding Sam Houston's potential move to CUSA:

"It has also been reported that Conference USA could ink a deal with FloSports for games in the coming years."

So there's that.

BattleBorn
11-03-2021, 12:49 PM
NDSU has done nothing but amaze me year after year, and I wouldn't count them out of anything on a level playing field. But, let's face it, the G5/P5 is not a level playing field, and I don't see NDSU getting a sniff at a Natty for a long time at the FBS level (never say never). That said, what's more exciting: A potentially awesome OOC game every couple of years, a conference championship game, and a bowl game? Or deep playoff runs, a potentially awesome OOC game every 5-10 years, and regular trips to Frisco? If we make the move, the fanbase needs to look at bowl games as the new Frisco. Otherwise, I see a lot of disappointment.

NDSU92
11-03-2021, 01:05 PM
NDSU has done nothing but amaze me year after year, and I wouldn't count them out of anything on a level playing field. But, let's face it, the G5/P5 is not a level playing field, and I don't see NDSU getting a sniff at a Natty for a long time at the FBS level (never say never). That said, what's more exciting: A potentially awesome OOC game every couple of years, a conference championship game, and a bowl game? Or deep playoff runs, a potentially awesome OOC game every 5-10 years, and regular trips to Frisco? If we make the move, the fanbase needs to look at bowl games as the new Frisco. Otherwise, I see a lot of disappointment.

The yearly P5 game would be more exciting to me than Frisco. And that's coming from a guy who moved to Frisco bought a house a mile from Toyota Stadium.

Conference championship games, when they would happen, would be icing on top. And bowl games that would happen in most years would be even better.

"Deep playoff runs" where we boat race Montana State or Colgate or beat a team 9-3 because they literally don't have a quarterback is not exciting anymore.

The_Sicatoka
11-03-2021, 01:08 PM
Geez...I completely agree with you.

Sorry? :hide:

WhoRepsTheLurker
11-03-2021, 01:17 PM
From an article written by Colton Foster for the Huntsville Item regarding Sam Houston's potential move to CUSA:

"It has also been reported that Conference USA could ink a deal with FloSports for games in the coming years."

So there's that.

If ESPN is not directly involved with the rebranding of CUSA, I would stay far far away

You lose donors either way, apparently. Media deal is critical

BattleBorn
11-03-2021, 01:19 PM
The yearly P5 game would be more exciting to me than Frisco. And that's coming from a guy who moved to Frisco bought a house a mile from Toyota Stadium.

Conference championship games, when they would happen, would be icing on top. And bowl games that would happen in most years would be even better.

"Deep playoff runs" where we boat race Montana State or Colgate or beat a team 9-3 because they literally don't have a quarterback is not exciting anymore.

I will laugh my ass off when our first Bowl bid is to the Frisco Bowl.

Bison 4 Life
11-03-2021, 01:26 PM

Under this premise, NDSU football would become easier to schedule because they wouldn't pose as much a threat to win.

Are you then proposing that a FBS move would make the team worse on the field?

No_Skill
11-03-2021, 01:38 PM

I stopped going to Frisco after my 6th time. It got stale for me.

NDSU92
11-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Under this premise, NDSU football would become easier to schedule because they wouldn't pose as much a threat to win.

Are you then proposing that a FBS move would make the team worse on the field?

No, NDSU would become easier to schedule because they wouldn't be FCS. Cincy, UCF, Boise State, etc. don't have problems with scheduling and they are all arguably better or much better than us.

FBS schools schedule FCS schools because they want a bye week. They've always been idiots for scheduling us, they just didn't realize it.

in 17, 18, 20 Appy played Georgia, Miami and Penn State. They get exactly 0 of those games if they're still FCS.

Bisonator98
11-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Barely counting FCS wins? They count exactly the same as a G5 win for bowl eligibility, +1 in the win column.....and I've never heard anyone bring up an FCS game during the conversation about CFP resumes. They'd probably get penalized for a loss to FBS NDSU less than they would for a loss to FCS NDSU, but a win would count the same. And that was my point; they don't hang up the phone because of the division we play in, they hang up because they'd rather pay for a win than risk a loss.

I replied to a statement that implied we should get excited about a home and home with any G5 school......and I wouldn't get excited about a home and home with probably half the G5.

Do you get excited about a H&H with a Towson or East Tennessee State? There's only a handful of FCS programs that would make me excited about a H&H and some of them are leaving FCS.

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Forest thru the Trees boys. this is your MIC DROP>...

in 17, 18, 20 Appy played Georgia, Miami and Penn State. They get exactly 0 of those games if they're still FCS.

Frisco stopped being cool in 2016 , sorry, just the truth.

TransAmBison
11-03-2021, 02:38 PM
I stopped going to Frisco after my 6th time. It got stale for me.I figured you quit after you started coming home with souvenirs. :)

MankatoBison
11-03-2021, 02:41 PM

Holy crap, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No_Skill
11-03-2021, 02:43 PM
I figured you quit after you started coming home with souvenirs. :)

Too many mouths to feed. Lol

ndsubison1
11-03-2021, 03:01 PM

This isnt your brothers or somethings G5 team. Cincy in the first playoff anking at 6 is pretty good. Watching them they are pretty salty. Lead Georgia in their bowl game for most of it, brought a lot of those guys back. They need Notre Dame to finish strong, MSU could lose to OSU. Bama could get eliminatd by Georgia. OU has a tough slate, Oregon could lose another. Cincy has a good shot of getting in if they win out.

ndsubison1
11-03-2021, 03:02 PM
If they go to 8....I suspect they will give the G5 a team.

They will give them the 8 seed and watch them get demolished by the 1 seed, if they pull off the upset, they'll just get prisonfucked in the next game.

I would assume the 5 P5 spots and 3 at-larges.

Kujava23
11-03-2021, 03:08 PM

Dewey

That is my DREAM too

Power 5 have their own playoffs and Group 5 with FCS have their own playoffs

HerdBot
11-03-2021, 03:32 PM

I would contend if you get a non conference game with a great SEC team like Alabama and somehow win... even if you don't make the playoffs because the Power 5 are crooks, that's pretty close to a national championship

thunderingherd
11-03-2021, 03:37 PM
I'd rather have a shot at a cotton bowl (western michigan vs wisconsin 2017) or ranked in the top 25 like coastal this year, than frisco every year.

BattleBorn
11-03-2021, 03:38 PM
I would contend if you get a non conference game with a great SEC team like Alabama and somehow win... even if you don't make the playoffs because the Power 5 are crooks, that's pretty close to a national championship

I'd just be happy with a trip to Lexington and beating UK.

THEsocalledfan
11-03-2021, 03:49 PM
That is my DREAM too

Power 5 have their own playoffs and Group 5 with FCS have their own playoffs

Every time I read this, I'm fascinated why anyone thinks the G5 will invite any FCS team to their party.......

oldmantutters
11-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Every time I read this, I'm fascinated why anyone thinks the G5 will invite any FCS team to their party.......True, but it's be nice if they'd pursue their own playoff

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2021, 03:58 PM

Tee shirt worthy?

HerdBot
11-03-2021, 04:20 PM

So there's that.

Right now games are on CBS Sports Network and Stadium, much like the Mounain West but that deal is up soon. But exposure certainly would have to play a role in the decision. The Conference won't have a ton of star power either so who knows. Flo Sports sucks big time so it would have to be a heck of a payout to go with that.

The friggin Big Sky has a few ESPN games and the Mo Valley has ESPN+. Of course neither league really gets paid for them

totoinfl
11-03-2021, 04:21 PM

solid football...

I was watching some of that as well. Both teams are on the verge of "bowl eligible"...one had 5 wins and the other 4. Neither one was particularly fun to watch...as was apparent from the 83 people in the stands.

tony
11-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Tee shirt worthy?

Yeah, it's fun to play P5 teams in the first weeks of the season and do some warm weather tailgating and see the sites... but I can't imagine ever buying any memorabilia for beating one of them.

Bison 4 Life
11-03-2021, 04:26 PM
I'd just be happy with a trip to Lexington and beating UK.

If I'm being honest, NDSU's FBS opponents would be mostly on my side of the country so I'm more than happy to get to go to some more games.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Somehow we need to get into the Mountain West for football only. Bring along one of the Montana schools. Do teams have to leave the Mountain West for them to consider adding? MAC and CUSA options suck and the Big 10 or Big 12 never wll add an FCS school. Until Bison football moves to FBS there will be more and more Bison fatigue. Guess our so called leaders don't give a shit if the program slowly fades away similar to what happened in D2.

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Forest thru the Trees boys. this is your MIC DROP>...

Frisco stopped being cool in 2016 , sorry, just the truth.

Just gonna skip over the geography portion of the App State advantage over NDSU? I mean it's a real concern.

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 04:57 PM
Somehow we need to get into the Mountain West for football only. Bring along one of the Montana schools. Do teams have to leave the Mountain West for them to consider adding? MAC and CUSA options suck and the Big 10 or Big 12 never wll add an FCS school. Until Bison football moves to FBS there will be more and more Bison fatigue. Guess our so called leaders don't give a shit if the program slowly fades away similar to what happened in D2.

What about NDSU would be enticing from MW football.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 05:01 PM
What about NDSU would be enticing from MW football. Bring in some damn good football and build their brand?

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 05:04 PM
Just gonna skip over the geography portion of the App State advantage over NDSU? I mean it's a real concern.

fly an airplane once every 2 years. OH NO THE HORROR. while they pay a coach $1 mill a year?

BigHorns
11-03-2021, 05:08 PM
Right now games are on CBS Sports Network and Stadium, much like the Mounain West but that deal is up soon. But exposure certainly would have to play a role in the decision. The Conference won't have a ton of star power either so who knows. Flo Sports sucks big time so it would have to be a heck of a payout to go with that.

The friggin Big Sky has a few ESPN games and the Mo Valley has ESPN+. Of course neither league really gets paid for them

Judy is a disaster as commissioner of CUSA, possibly the worst football commissioner in history.
Look at the history of CUSA and what has happened to it.

CBS Sports Network sounds fine until you realize its not really part of "CBS Sports" and is a second tier channel not in a lot of packages.
Stadium is crap, and FloSports is horrible.

If they go with FloSports, you can kiss it all goodbye. They don't have enough subscribers to matter, even if all of them decide to tune in.
NDSU would be a tree in the forrest nobody ever sees or hears from again.

FBS? Sure, bring it on!
CUSA ... hell no! Go Indy before signing up for that train wreck.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 05:16 PM
How about the Mountain West keeps their current football teams and adds Montana and North Dakota State? Instead of Mountain and West Divisions, split up with North Division (Boise State, Wyoming, Colorado State, Utah State, Nevada, Montana, NDSU) and South Division (Fresno State, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV, Air Force, New Mexico, Hawaii). Each season play 3 non conference games, all 6 teams in your division, and 3 of the teams from the other division).

scottietohottie
11-03-2021, 05:19 PM
How about the Mountain West keeps their current football teams and adds Montana and North Dakota State? Instead of Mountain and West Divisions, split up with North Division (Boise State, Wyoming, Colorado State, Utah State, Nevada, Montana, NDSU) and South Division (Fresno State, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV, Air Force, New Mexico, Hawaii). Each season play 3 non conference games, all 6 teams in your division, and 3 of the teams from the other division).

This is not a place for logic and common sense. Might as well change mascot and team colors too.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 05:39 PM
This is not a place for logic and common sense. Might as well change mascot and team colors too. So why can't NDSU's well paid President and AD present such a concept to Montana or Montana State and then sell it to the Mountain West? At least have some foresight and leadership and try to take us to the next level. All the status quo, apathetic and backward thinking in North Dakota, Fargo and NDSU is just demoralizing. Fuck just don't do anything because its impossible. What a way to go through life!

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 05:39 PM
fly an airplane once every 2 years. OH NO THE HORROR. while they pay a coach $1 mill a year?

Haha. Worked out for App State. Geography's a bitch.

scottietohottie
11-03-2021, 05:40 PM
So why can't NDSU's well paid President and AD present such a concept to Montana or Montana State and then sell it to the Mountain West? At least have some foresight and leadership and try to take us to the next level. All the status quo, apathetic and backward thinking in North Dakota, Fargo and NDSU is just demoralizing. Fuck just don't do anything because its impossible. What a way to go through life!

You have to be invited was the excuse was told.

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 05:41 PM
Bring in some damn good football and build their brand?

According to the amount of demand for NDSU from all the moving or shaking, it's possible the brand is not as awesome as we would hope it is. I mean, being a Vikings fan I am used to being pessimistic, but maybe I'm incorrect.

Professorbum
11-03-2021, 05:51 PM
According to the amount of demand for NDSU from all the moving or shaking, it's possible the brand is not as awesome as we would hope it is. I mean, being a Vikings fan I am used to being pessimistic, but maybe I'm incorrect.

I think our brand was much higher a few years ago with a win over Iowa and a couple gamedays under our belt. Also some NCAA tourney success around that time. I think that's when we should have been putting ourselves forward as a good catch for an FBS conference.

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 06:01 PM
I think our brand was much higher a few years ago with a win over Iowa and a couple gamedays under our belt. Also some NCAA tourney success around that time. I think that's when we should have been putting ourselves forward as a good catch for an FBS conference.

2013-2015 was the pinnacle.. argh. I TRIED TO TELL EVERYONE

oldmantutters
11-03-2021, 06:04 PM
2013-2015 was the pinnacle.. argh. I TRIED TO TELL EVERYONEYou did?

scottietohottie
11-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Now all that's left is grandma's.

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 06:08 PM

Perhaps you are correct. Who knows. Despite the current state of affairs geography will always be a problem.

MankatoBison
11-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Perhaps you are correct. Who knows. Despite the current state of affairs geography will always be a problem.

Welp you heard it from Daddy Day care, North dakota isnt allowed to have FBS teams!

Pack it up guys! It was a fun thought but, as Daddy Day care has stated, ND is the only state besides Alaska that isnt allowed to have an FBS team. Damn, it would have been cool, but unfortunately, not allowed.

Of course I'm be facetious, but I believe that if Geography is the only thing preventing us from joining a conference, then I think we'd have a damn good shot at getting a waiver to go independent.

If none of these effers are going to invite us, just do it ourselves. Since when does NDSU wait for others permission to do what is most beneficial for NDSU??

Not joking. FCS offers us nothing. Go FBS independent if no one invites us. If St thomas can get a waiver to go from D3 to FCS, we can get a wavier. We should not be doomed to rot in FCS because of our location. If you buy into the concept of "your are not allowed to do something in your own best interest, that hurts no one else, without the permission of others" then you are a useless human being, like matt larsen

SDbison
11-03-2021, 06:38 PM
Perhaps you are correct. Who knows. Despite the current state of affairs geography will always be a problem. Yep Daddy Dipshit just give up and don't try unless the road to where you are going is paved with gold.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 06:41 PM
You have to be invited was the excuse was told. With that attitude most guys would still be a virgin at age 26.

Bison 4 Life
11-03-2021, 06:49 PM
Welp you heard it from Daddy Day care, North dakota isnt allowed to have FBS teams!

Pack it up guys! It was a fun thought but, as Daddy Day care has stated, ND is the only state besides Alaska that isnt allowed to have an FBS team. Damn, it would have been cool, but unfortunately, not allowed.

Of course I'm be facetious, but I believe that if Geography is the only thing preventing us from joining a conference, then I think we'd have a damn good shot at getting a waiver to go independent.

If none of these effers are going to invite us, just do it ourselves. Since when does NDSU wait for others permission to do what is most beneficial for NDSU??

Not joking. FCS offers us nothing. Go FBS independent if no one invites us. If St thomas can get a waiver to go from D3 to FCS, we can get a wavier. We should not be doomed to rot in FCS because of our location. If you buy into the concept of "your are not allowed to do something in your own best interest, that hurts no one else, without the permission of others" then you are a useless human being, like matt larsen

Find a public school in a similar institutional situation as NDSU in FBS.

BattleBorn
11-03-2021, 06:57 PM

We really need Kevin's Safemoon to take off before the next round of realignment.

ByeSonBusiness
11-03-2021, 07:02 PM

Wyoming? The New Mexico schools maybe?

BattleBorn
11-03-2021, 07:05 PM
I just want Entz & Co to beat K State and Wyoming in the same season so he and Tyler can pop in and say, "how ya like us now <expletives>?"

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 07:06 PM
Yep Daddy Dipshit just give up and don't try unless the road to where you are going is paved with gold.

Awesome, personal shots. Good stuff. Sorry for the common sense.

runtheoption
11-03-2021, 07:09 PM
With that attitude most guys would still be a virgin at age 26.

Well ya. To do otherwise is pretty rapey.

MankatoBison
11-03-2021, 07:12 PM

Yes this is my point- there is no other worthy FBS level program that is being denied an invite exclusively based off of geography. There are MANY programs who were/are less prepared financially, competitively, fan support, facilities etc who have been offered invites because geography is good- the one thing those programs CANT control.

And if NDSU is being "denied" invitations because of geography, the only thing NDSU CANT control, I think we qualify for a waiver.

There are no other public schools who are otherwise ready for FBS being "denied" invites exclusively because of geography. If we were in virtually any other state in the union, getting an invite would not be an issue. I truly think we could get a waiver to go independent if NDSU wanted one. I feel they SHOULD want one if nothing else becomes available, but thats just me

MankatoBison
11-03-2021, 07:15 PM

His personal attack aside, his point is still correct.

Our geography will never improve. So are you arguing that we simply cannot be FBS by dint of our location? seems like a ridiculous reason to not aspire to something higher, and an even more ridiculous reason to give up on the situation lol.

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Who said exclusively geography? Not me, but face it, that's part of college sports.

I guess people don't want other fan's opinions. Just opinions that they agree with.

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 07:18 PM

Our geography will never improve. So are you arguing that we simply cannot be FBS by dint of our location? seems like a ridiculous reason to not aspire to something higher, and an even more ridiculous reason to give up on the situation lol.

Didn't say never. But geography and geographical rivalries are a part of college sports. I'm a Gopher hockey fan. They leave a bunch of geographical rivals in hockey in the WCHA and their attendance is a shitshow - FOR EXAMPLE - not the end all be all, but it's been rancid.

Yeah...I'm gonna drive to Fargo for SDSU, UNI, UND etc before whomever El Chapo wants us aligned with in the original thread and a shot at the New Mexico Bowl.

Just my opinion as a long time season ticket holder, shred away I don't give a flying fuck.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 07:23 PM
Well ya. To do otherwise is pretty rapey. Lots of difference beween waiting for an invite and rape. I thought lawyers were smarter than that. Did you ever hear of the simple action of just asking?

SDbison
11-03-2021, 07:28 PM

Our geography will never improve. So are you arguing that we simply cannot be FBS by dint of our location? seems like a ridiculous reason to not aspire to something higher, and an even more ridiculous reason to give up on the situation lol. LMFAO.......nobody at Bisonville ever does a personal attack? I mean never has been done to me! Are we now getting more sensitive at Bisonville?

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Well ya. To do otherwise is pretty rapey.

Sounded kinda confession-y…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SDbison
11-03-2021, 07:32 PM
Who said exclusively geography? Not me, but face it, that's part of college sports.

I guess people don't want other fan's opinions. Just opinions that they agree with. Lol, you shit all over the idea of leaving your precious FCS. Oh no, change! You bastards! Guess you like to sit around the twin cities and wait for the occasional Bison game down there. At all levels and conferences there will be lame games.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 07:33 PM
Sounded kinda confession-y…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Doesn't no mean yes?

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 07:36 PM
Lol, you shit all over the idea of leaving your precious FCS. Oh no, change! You bastards! Guess you like to sit around the twin cities and wait for the occasional Bison game down there. At all levels and conferences there will be lame games.

I live in Bismarck lol. HEY MWC LET US IN WE'RE THE BISON. LOL. Sounds super easy from a computer. Get it done Larsen.

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 07:41 PM

Daddy Daycare is the bomb guys, him & I argue all the time about this shit, no need to call names, even though he did call me a shrimp once!!

CUSA is waiting for MTSU/WKU official to MAC news then things will move.

runtheoption
11-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Lots of difference beween waiting for an invite and rape. I thought lawyers were smarter than that. Did you ever hear of the simple action of just asking?

Ya, I would ask them to leave after I got used like a piece of meat.

Bison 4 Life
11-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Yes this is my point- there is no other worthy FBS level program that is being denied an invite exclusively based off of geography. There are MANY programs who were/are less prepared financially, competitively, fan support, facilities etc who have been offered invites because geography is good- the one thing those programs CANT control.

And if NDSU is being "denied" invitations because of geography, the only thing NDSU CANT control, I think we qualify for a waiver.

There are no other public schools who are otherwise ready for FBS being "denied" invites exclusively because of geography. If we were in virtually any other state in the union, getting an invite would not be an issue. I truly think we could get a waiver to go independent if NDSU wanted one. I feel they SHOULD want one if nothing else becomes available, but thats just me

You're aaaaaalmost there.

NDSU doesn't bring enough to the table to overcome it's geography problem.

tjbison
11-03-2021, 07:57 PM
what would be epic is after all this bitching and the CUSA is settled...MWC announces NDSU and UTEP as additions....that would rock

HerdBot
11-03-2021, 08:07 PM
Judy is a disaster as commissioner of CUSA, possibly the worst football commissioner in history.
Look at the history of CUSA and what has happened to it.

CBS Sports Network sounds fine until you realize its not really part of "CBS Sports" and is a second tier channel not in a lot of packages.
Stadium is crap, and FloSports is horrible.

If they go with FloSports, you can kiss it all goodbye. They don't have enough subscribers to matter, even if all of them decide to tune in.
NDSU would be a tree in the forrest nobody ever sees or hears from again.

FBS? Sure, bring it on!
CUSA ... hell no! Go Indy before signing up for that train wreck.

CBS Sports Network As of May 2015, CBS Sports Network was available to approximately 61 million pay television households (66.1% of households with cable television) in the United States

It comes standard with You Tube TV and most of the streaming services like Fubo TV too.

It's not that bad at all. It's on higher tiered packages on DirecTV, much like the NFL Network, but it's much better exposure than what we currently have.

Now if FLO Sports is the primary provider, fuck that. That's garbage and offers no exposure.

ndsubison1
11-03-2021, 08:13 PM
A lot of the G5 conferences are on CBS Sports Network.

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2021, 08:19 PM

I’ve heard that the oldest profession was invented for this very reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BISONBRI53
11-03-2021, 08:20 PM

I guess people don't want other fan's opinions. Just opinions that they agree with.

NO NO NO! They only agree with their opinions.

CaBisonFan
11-03-2021, 08:31 PM
Would we see the Bison on TV outside of the WDAY area if they went to CUSA or Mountain West? Probably not as often.

Still... I believe that the FBS is inevitable for NDSU. It's not if...

runtheoption
11-03-2021, 08:38 PM
I’ve heard that the oldest profession was invented for this very reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, you're not paying them to visit you. You are paying them to leave.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 08:41 PM
I live in Bismarck lol. HEY MWC LET US IN WE'RE THE BISON. LOL. Sounds super easy from a computer. Get it done Larsen. Glad to see you are coming around.....

SDbison
11-03-2021, 08:47 PM
what would be epic is after all this bitching and the CUSA is settled...MWC announces NDSU and UTEP as additions....that would rock At least you hope for the best possible outcome. So many here have low expectations.

SDbison
11-03-2021, 08:49 PM
Well at least you got used!

taper
11-03-2021, 09:02 PM
Just an FYI for the FBS crowd. I don't know if conference officials read fan boards, but other fan boards do read us. I know for a fact that threads like this are leaving a bad taste in their mouths because of the behavior of certain posters. If you want to make a good impression for a potential invite you are actively harming our chances by being assholes.

Professorbum
11-03-2021, 09:04 PM
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1456001775123709955?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1456001775123709955%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.csnbbs.com%2Fthread-933670-page-16.html

Official invites from CUSA to the four previously mentioned.

Professorbum
11-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Just an FYI for the FBS crowd. I don't know if conference officials read fan boards, but other fan boards do read us. I know for a fact that threads like this are leaving a bad taste in their mouths because of the behavior of certain posters. If you want to make a good impression for a potential invite you are actively harming our chances by being assholes.

I hear what you're saying, and we can all be reminded to have a little more grace while disagreeing with one another. But I think on balance, any visitor to this board will see what a spirited fanbase NDSU has, and that's good. I've been connected to different schools as a student or employee and was/am a regular consumer of those fan boards. Gopherhole is great. KillerFrogs (TCU) is great. But Bisonville doesn't take a backseat to any of those. The fanbase is major league, even if FCS isn't. I think that's a big plus in our favor.

NDSU92
11-03-2021, 09:11 PM

Are the FBS crowd assholes because they disagree with you? Imagine a conference or school president making an 8 figure decision based on what 5 posters on a message board said.

They just gave Liberty an all sports invite and Liberty is actively defending themselves against various racism and Title IX violation lawsuits. Would be a strange place to draw the line, no?

I think people should be nicer to each other and overall be less offensive when possible, but not necessarily because important people read this website. I also think a lot of context gets lost in written exchanges between people who have never met before.

NDSU92
11-03-2021, 09:23 PM
I hear what you're saying, and we can all be reminded to have a little more grace while disagreeing with one another. But I think on balance, any visitor to this board will see what a spirited fanbase NDSU has, and that's good. I've been connected to different schools as a student or employee and was/am a regular consumer of those fan boards. Gopherhole is great. KillerFrogs (TCU) is great. But Bisonville doesn't take a backseat to any of those. The fanbase is major league, even if FCS isn't. I think that's a big plus in our favor.

I'd agree, for what it's worth when Sammy got their invite I think there was like 50 posts on the topic of potentially moving up. Most seemed lukewarm at best. I checked around the same time and EGriz was at about 30 posts and SDSUfans was at 23. I don't even know if #StayCocky has a message board.

EC8CH
11-03-2021, 09:27 PM
https://sportleaguemaps.com/wp-content/uploads/Map-of-NCAA-Division-1-Schools-1024x553.png

Posted for reference.

Professorbum
11-03-2021, 09:30 PM
I'd agree, for what it's worth when Sammy got their invite I think there was like 50 posts on the topic of potentially moving up. Most seemed lukewarm at best. I checked around the same time and EGriz was at about 30 posts and SDSUfans was at 23. I don't even know if #StayCocky has a message board.

Yeah, I think if we get an invite, the thread announcing it will have 500 posts and 10,000 views in 24 hours.

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 09:31 PM
According To Reports, Conference USA Has Officially Sent Invites To Jacksonville State & Sam Houston. A $2 Million Fee Is The Final Requirement Before Becoming An Official Member.

El_Chapo
11-03-2021, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I think if we get an invite, the thread announcing it will have 500 posts and 10,000 view in 24 hours.

it's gonna be nuclear AND I will be throwing a HUGE party at Sickies in Fargo

TAILG8R
11-03-2021, 09:51 PM
it's gonna be nuclear AND I will be throwing a HUGE party at Sickies in Fargo

How about when we get an invite and turn it down?

daddy daycare
11-03-2021, 09:54 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1456005728976740357?s=20

I guess I suck at embedding tweets I need to spend more time on message boards.

NDSU92
11-03-2021, 10:06 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1456005728976740357?s=20

I guess I suck at embedding tweets I need to spend more time on message boards.

Yeah there needs to be more midwest schools. In all reality it is easier to get from Fargo to Miami than Fargo to Macomb.

Gonna suck for roadwarrior tho

Professor Chaos
11-03-2021, 10:13 PM
There has to be more in the works for CUSA. They need at least 1 more all-sports member and probably more. I don't know why these schools would be signing up if there wasn't some sort of assurance from the CUSA brass that they have more schools in the hopper that they are still in very serious discussions with... I'd think the longer they take to make/announce/leak their next move the more likely it is that it involves multiple schools.

The_Sicatoka
11-03-2021, 10:29 PM
There has to be more in the works for CUSA. They need at least 1 more all-sports member and probably more. I don't know why these schools would be signing up if there wasn't some sort of assurance from the CUSA brass that they have more schools in the hopper that they are still in very serious discussions with... I'd think the longer they take to make/announce/leak their next move the more likely it is that it involves multiple schools.

There has to be.

Liberty to NMSU: 1836 miles
EWU to NAU: 1252 miles
Ouch.

I've already given my bold C-USA plan.