PDA

View Full Version : HALLOWEEN SIGNS for Oct. 30!

bisonfanette
10-26-2021, 01:48 AM
Students will be wearing costumes! We need creative signs! Ideas?
Last week, the students got a five star rating (IMO) for their awesome sign!
Let’s Go Brandon!!! Well done, students! (applause)

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 01:55 AM
Displays of signs by players at games in support of social causes is an abomination, but students who display thinly veiled signs of political vulgarity are to be applauded.

Hypocrisy. That's the sign.

MAKBison
10-26-2021, 02:14 AM
Displays of signs by players at games in support of social causes is an abomination, but students who display thinly veiled signs of political vulgarity are to be applauded.

Hypocrisy. That's the sign.

Lets go Brandon. Huge ass sign in the student section this Saturday....gee I thought this type of political disdain was right up your alley.

Dont respond I am out.

oldmantutters
10-26-2021, 02:16 AM
I'm out of the loop, who is Brandon?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

MAKBison
10-26-2021, 02:24 AM

Number one song on itunes

https://youtu.be/qr_F_XQrukM

Asked and answered

bisonfanette
10-26-2021, 03:07 AM

You might want to YouTube Tucker Carlson or any of the many YouTube videos to show you how it all started… on a race track, & thanks to a reporter! (I honestly didn’t know that it had spread to other large stadiums until after the game, when I checked YouTube.) Funny, yes! Were the students having a good time, yes!
Now, does anyone have Halloween ideas for a sign?

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 03:08 AM
Lets go Brandon. Huge ass sign in the student section this Saturday....gee I thought this type of political disdain was right up your alley.

Dont respond I am out.

kEeP pOlItIcS oUt Of FoOtBaLl

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 03:09 AM
You might want to YouTube Tucker Carlson or any of the many YouTube videos to show you how it all started… on a race track, & thanks to a reporter! (I honestly didn’t know that it had spread to other large stadiums until after the game, when I checked YouTube.) Funny, yes! Were the students having a good time, yes!
Now, does anyone have Halloween ideas for a sign?

Hypocrisy, YES!

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 03:11 AM

It's the middle school equivalent for right wingers to say a naughty word in public or if the students held up a sign that read ACAB

Kevin
10-26-2021, 03:28 AM
Kevin 4 OC

Thx

SDbison
10-26-2021, 03:30 AM
It's the middle school equivalent for right wingers to say a naughty word in public or if the students held up a sign that read ACAB You lefties only think it's fair to make jokes about conservatives because you got away with it for so long. Well now that the current admin has fucked things up so bad it's time for some payback. Lol, Lets Go Brandon!

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 03:38 AM
Kevin 4 OC

Thx

Shorten it:

Kev 4 OC

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 03:41 AM
You lefties only think it's fair to make jokes about conservatives because you got away with it for so long. Well now that the current admin has fucked things up so bad it's time for some payback. Lol, Lets Go Brandon!

And if students brought ACAB signs to games you'd loose your righty tighty mind.

56BISON73
10-26-2021, 03:58 AM
You lefties only think it's fair to make jokes about conservatives because you got away with it for so long. Well now that the current admin has fucked things up so bad it's time for some payback. Lol, Lets Go Brandon!

Watch out SD. The BV hall monitor will start stalking you. :nod: :D Opps to late.

Kevin
10-26-2021, 04:00 AM
Shorten it:

Kev 4 OC

That works. Alternative idea “call ‘left hook’ u coward”

Kevin
10-26-2021, 04:00 AM
And if students brought ACAB signs to games you'd loose your righty tighty mind.

All Cobbers Are Bastards?

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 04:07 AM
That works. Alternative idea “call ‘left hook’ u coward”

Put In Payton?

Bisonator98
10-26-2021, 02:33 PM
Well since it's the Trees Bowl and playing the Sycamores how about:

Got wood?

Or maybe:

Hey Sycamores make like a tree and leave!

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 03:50 PM
Well since it's the Trees Bowl and playing the Sycamores how about:

Got wood?

Or maybe:

Hey Sycamores make like a tree and leave!

https://i.imgflip.com/5rvvjw.jpg

BattleBorn
10-26-2021, 04:05 PM
Need to dress Thundar up like a lumberjack again and play that Kesha song, Timber.

SomeBeach
10-27-2021, 12:05 AM
Squid Game mechanical doll in a Bison Jersey and helmet...

Caption:

Red Light
Red Light
Red Light

Herd Mentality
10-27-2021, 01:43 PM
Per McStirsThePot...

Fargodome general manager Rob Sobolik said he was made aware of the sign and has spoken with both NDSU's athletic department and the dome's video crew.

"We'll take steps to make sure something like that doesn't happen again," he said.

AKA - We'll just ban all signs.

bisonfanette
10-27-2021, 02:20 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it once inside? Wasn’t it simply pieces of white paper? Looked impromptu to me. Oh well. Back to Halloween Sign Ideas please: Happy Halloween… Lighting up Jack-o-lanterns… Witches… Ghosts… Scarey…

cbline
10-27-2021, 02:27 PM
Per McStirsThePot...

Fargodome general manager Rob Sobolik said he was made aware of the sign and has spoken with both NDSU's athletic department and the dome's video crew.

"We'll take steps to make sure something like that doesn't happen again," he said.

I am with McFeeley on this one, and I sent him an email today to thank him for his column. Our political discourse has taken a turn for the worse in the last 10 years, and I fully support a return to civility when discussing issues. As I tell my students, it is appropriate to disagree, it is inappropriate to be vulgar and disrespectful.

EC8CH
10-27-2021, 03:39 PM
I am with McFeeley on this one, and I sent him an email today to thank him for his column. Our political discourse has taken a turn for the worse in the last 10 years, and I fully support a return to civility when discussing issues. As I tell my students, it is appropriate to disagree, it is inappropriate to be vulgar and disrespectful.

The shallow immaturity of their sentiment is striking compared to the actions they claim to find disrespectful. I'd be willing to listen what they say the meaning of their sign is intended to mean to them, just like I think they should listen to the intended meaning of other's they disagree with. Again those people aren't putting ACAB writing on their shoes which is the equivalent of the sentiment displayed by the students with their sign.

Son of a Bison
10-27-2021, 03:54 PM
To be honest during the game, I thought the name sign in the student section was cheering on our center who has done an excellent job filling in especially when he came in unexpectedly during the UN- game. I thought it was maybe some of his friends, family girlfriend or sorority/frat friends. Otherwise I am oblivious and don’t doubt many others were too.

Bisonator98
10-27-2021, 04:10 PM
Only a lib would find "Let's go Brandon!" offensive. I'm sure they had no issues with "Dump Trump!" signs.

EC8CH
10-27-2021, 04:22 PM
Only a lib would find "Let's go Brandon!" offensive. I'm sure they had no issues with "Dump Trump!" signs.

Not offended. Just because I'm aware that it's a thinly veiled vulgarity doesn't mean I find it offensive. Just means I can appreciate the hypocrisy of those who would applauded its use while vilifying others for their social statements at sporting events. This thread wasn't started by a "lib" expressing offense. It was started by a conservative applauding its use. Same one who was among the outraged that student athletes would express concerned about racial injustice in policing, but apparently who applaud middle school level jokes about saying fuck the president. Less offended than disappointed really.

Personally I've never held up a political sign at a sporting event in my life. Never saw a Dump Trump sign at the Fargodome before, so not sure what you're talking about.

cbline
10-27-2021, 04:31 PM

I am not offended by the "F*ck Biden" shirts and bumper stickers that I have seen at my school. I am disheartened by the fact that political discourse, for some, has devolved to vulgarities rather than a rational debate about issues and the type of government that people want.

EC8CH
10-27-2021, 04:34 PM
I am not offended by the "F*ck Biden" shirts and bumper stickers that I have seen at my school. I am disheartened by the fact that political discourse, for some, has devolved to vulgarities rather than a rational debate about issues and the type of government that people want.

http://youtu.be/3CJZDU0rK3I

bisonfanette
10-27-2021, 09:50 PM
Umm about those HALLOWEEN sign ideas?!!
(Scary glowing Jack o lantern)
Defense
Light em up!

Kevin
10-27-2021, 10:33 PM
Umm about those HALLOWEEN sign ideas?!!
(Scary glowing Jack o lantern)
Defense
Light em up!

Just put the kev4oc sign on a pumpkin if ur feeling festive

CAS4127
10-27-2021, 10:38 PM

Right? It’s too bad this sort of discourse wasn’t addressed years ago, before using the severed head of a president in a co-called comedy act became acceptable. Just crazy!!

bisonfanette
10-28-2021, 03:51 AM
Just put the kev4oc sign on a pumpkin if ur feeling festive

OK!!!!!!!!

cbline
10-28-2021, 02:39 PM
Right? It’s too bad this sort of discourse wasn’t addressed years ago, before using the severed head of a president in a co-called comedy act became acceptable. Just crazy!!

I agree. Kathy Griffin's behavior was despicable.

PlainsBison
10-28-2021, 03:00 PM
Looks like those students folded paper to get the “sign” in the dome.

Bet they could easily do this again.

If the FargoDome is going to prevent this, they are really going to have to pat down students. And then if they find a crumpled up “B” in someone’s pocket, what are they going to do about it? Maybe the B is part of a Bison sign.

Rock
10-28-2021, 03:16 PM
Not offended. Just because I'm aware that it's a thinly veiled vulgarity doesn't mean I find it offensive. Just means I can appreciate the hypocrisy of those who would applauded its use while vilifying others for their social statements at sporting events. This thread wasn't started by a "lib" expressing offense. It was started by a conservative applauding its use. Same one who was among the outraged that student athletes would express concerned about racial injustice in policing, but apparently who applaud middle school level jokes about saying fuck the president. Less offended than disappointed really.

Personally I've never held up a political sign at a sporting event in my life. Never saw a Dump Trump sign at the Fargodome before, so not sure what you're talking about.

https://twitter.com/sn00pdad/status/1444458392614019072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1444458392614019072%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.com%2Fsports%2 F2021%2F10%2F04%2Fnbc-reporter-stays-silent-world-mocks-obvious-coverup-fck-joe-biden-chant%2F

bisonfanette
10-28-2021, 11:45 PM
EC8…. Good Lord. :facepalm: Your interpretation is laughable to me. When I watched the video on Twitter, I’m thinking the interpretation from the reporter is amusing! To me, that is the funny part. How quickly she said, let’s go Brandon. Maybe she honestly thought that was the chat? IDK? It appears so! She is quick with her response, it sounds like an innocent response, and she was assertive. To me, that in itself is the funny, clever, amusing part. I know I’m not alone with this impression. Nothing more than that. I saw the reporter as being quick witted & funny. So when I saw the sign, I’m thinking about the reporter changing the words!
(Now you can twist and turn that 100 different ways like you usually do, I don’t care! I have work to do!
64 tickets have been transferred to veterans. BisoNation, please send Vets my way! Thanks!)

EC8CH
10-29-2021, 02:07 AM
EC8…. Good Lord. :facepalm: Your interpretation is laughable to me. When I watched the video on Twitter, I’m thinking the interpretation from the reporter is amusing! To me, that is the funny part. How quickly she said, let’s go Brandon. Maybe she honestly thought that was the chat? IDK? It appears so! She is quick with her response, it sounds like an innocent response, and she was assertive. To me, that in itself is the funny, clever, amusing part. I know I’m not alone with this impression. Nothing more than that. I saw the reporter as being quick witted & funny. So when I saw the sign, I’m thinking about the reporter changing the words!
(Now you can twist and turn that 100 different ways like you usually do, I don’t care! I have work to do!
64 tickets have been transferred to veterans. BisoNation, please send Vets my way! Thanks!)

Yeah, people who use that phrase know what they're implying.

No_Skill
10-29-2021, 02:24 AM
Yeah, people who use that phrase know what they're implying.

Stop twisting her words 100 ways!

MAKBison
10-29-2021, 03:15 AM
Per McStirsThePot...

How they gunna ban the Lets Go Brandon chant....heard it very clearly more than once.

MAKBison
10-29-2021, 03:21 AM
The shallow immaturity of their sentiment is striking compared to the actions they claim to find disrespectful. I'd be willing to listen what they say the meaning of their sign is intended to mean to them, just like I think they should listen to the intended meaning of other's they disagree with. Again those people aren't putting ACAB writing on their shoes which is the equivalent of the sentiment displayed by the students with their sign.

I think are forgetting one of those was expressing their opinion while reping their employer, NDSU...you get the point. The other is a fan. Reping well themselves.

Not really the same.

FJB and LGB is akin to me stubbing my toe and screaming fudge. Which is one of the reasons its funny. The other reason is cuz its college students i.e., one of the most traditional lib demo there used to be...I mean is. How bad does a lefty pres have to f things up to get the college crowd pissed off at them.

I hear this Saturday is gunna be epic

Btw I am going as Mike McF. Just have to decide if I am gunna dress up like a reporter or lefty activist hmmmmm.

I g.

56BISON73
10-29-2021, 03:49 AM
I think are forgetting one of those was expressing their opinion while reping their employer, NDSU...you get the point. The other is a fan. Reping well themselves.

Not really the same.

FJB and LGB is akin to me stubbing my toe and screaming fudge. Which is one of the reasons its funny. The other reason is cuz its college students i.e., one of the most traditional lib demo there used to be...I mean is.

Btw I am going as Mike McF. Just have to decide if I am gunna dress up like a reporter or activist hmmmmm

One must also remember that the majority of the disdain for their message wasnt because of the content of the message. The disdain was because of the timing-when and the place----where it was delivered. And as you said.

To think other wise is Nothing more than making up a false narrative to fit an agenda.

Rock
10-29-2021, 04:02 AM
Btw I am going as Mike McF. Just have to decide if I am gunna dress up like a reporter or lefty activist hmmmmm.

“Interview” someone named “Sue” near a crowd obviously chanting “Sioux Suck Shit” and tell viewers the crowd is chanting “Let’s go Sycamores!” Probably good for ratings or clicks or something.

EC8CH
10-29-2021, 04:03 AM

Not really the same.

FJB and LGB is akin to me stubbing my toe and screaming fudge. Which is one of the reasons its funny. The other reason is cuz its college students i.e., one of the most traditional lib demo there used to be...I mean is. How bad does a lefty pres have to f things up to get the college crowd pissed off at them.

I g.

College football players are employees now I guess.

EC8CH
10-29-2021, 04:05 AM
Stop twisting her words 100 ways!

Confident I described her applause of a thinly veiled political vulgarity 100% accurately.

Rock
10-29-2021, 04:13 AM
Confident I described her applause of a thinly veiled political vulgarity 100% accurately.

It’s probably time to be done with signs at the FFD. Get security cracking down on these types of things. Not appropriate at the game. “Let’s go B******!” Indeed.

Really BisonFannette? This is serious. No laughing.

You…. Yeah you. I saw you snickering. Get your butt to the principal’s office!

Herd
10-29-2021, 04:45 AM
My sign:

Surf’in C-USA

Bison03
10-29-2021, 03:49 PM
Not sure you can ban someone for saying or having a “lets go Brandon” sign. Plenty of worse things said in all sections on a typical gameday directed at refs. I could see you taking actions when chants of, back in the day “2’s a fa##ot” or even “sioux suck shit.” But good fucking luck trying to stop it if it happens again. I think when people hear it, they think they are are chanting “lets go Bison” anyway.

tony
10-29-2021, 05:15 PM
Not sure you can ban someone for saying or having a “lets go Brandon” sign.

Yeah, that seems problematic... unless the goal is to draw more attention to it.

It's like PETA coming up with some stupid press release - it's better to ignore stuff like their "arm barn" instead of "bullpen" nonsense... btw, People for Ethical Treatment of Animals? The word "animals" has a negative connotation. Maybe they should look in the mirror for once and rename themselves to something like "People for the Ethical Treatment of Our Fellow Independent Living Entities" or PETOFILE.

GreenfieldBison
10-29-2021, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that seems problematic... unless the goal is to draw more attention to it.

It's like PETA coming up with some stupid press release - it's better to ignore stuff like their "arm barn" instead of "bullpen" nonsense... btw, People for Ethical Treatment of Animals? The word "animals" has a negative connotation. Maybe they should look in the mirror for once and rename themselves to something like "People for the Ethical Treatment of Our Fellow Independent Living Entities" or PETOFILE.

Saw that arm barn nonsense yesterday. What the hell are those people smoking? They must be running short of real issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kevin
10-30-2021, 10:04 PM
Saw that arm barn nonsense yesterday. What the hell are those people smoking? They must be running short of real issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not barn meth I can promise u that much bro