PDA

View Full Version : Who should start? Cam, Quincy, Cole?

El_Chapo
10-25-2021, 06:57 PM
Who should Start?

Cam
Quincy
Cole

this is OFFICIAL!!!

Kevin
10-25-2021, 07:02 PM
Who should Start?

Cam
Quincy
Cole

this is OFFICIAL!!!

The future is now.

The future is Cole Payton.

El_Chapo
10-25-2021, 07:07 PM
beths question at presser = nails on chalkboard.

Matt deflects starting QB decision... "i think Q is 1 on the depth chart"

El_Chapo
10-25-2021, 07:07 PM
The future is now.

do you know how to vote? or you want me to come harvest yours?

Bisonator98
10-25-2021, 07:14 PM
Cam deserves the start. Offense looked better with Cam in there. Get rid of the damn QB run from shotgun every other play and get back to under center and play action more. Use our backs and TE's again! Roehl's obsession with the QB run is hurting the offense.

Kevin
10-25-2021, 07:18 PM
do you know how to vote? or you want me to come harvest yours?

I already voted bitchbot the only thing ur gonna harvest is an ass whoopin.

Cole Payton has it all. He has the size, the arm, the running ability, the medium pass accuracy. The calves.

"Yeah but it'll burn his redshir---"

Shut up. He's leaving early anyway that year means nothing. Saban burned Tua's shirt in the NC because he knew it what was best for his team to win another Championship. Do you know better than Nicky?

edit: just realized Tua is a southpaw too. the parallels are too much to ignore.

El_Chapo
10-25-2021, 07:36 PM
15-2-Kevin it's a landslide here folks. But Coach Matt in the presser basically gave us nothing & sounded like he's afraid to hurt feelings.

Kevin
10-25-2021, 07:45 PM
15-2-Kevin it's a landslide here folks. But Coach Matt in the presser basically gave us nothing & sounded like he's afraid to hurt feelings.

Not everyone is a football genius I understand.

History will prove me right.

Just like Andrew Jackson.

HerdBot
10-25-2021, 08:00 PM
We live in a what have you done for me lately world, but much depends on Quincy's health and how good he's practicing. I think he's a bit dinged up and I think he could benefit from a week or 2 off and get some time to work on some things he's struggling at. (mainly the high passes and the short passing game) Give him some time to improve and get some more practice reps and see if he can take his game to the next level. Cams improved a ton since May. No reason Quincy can't either. Whoever starts vs a bad Indiana State team...it's not the decider. We can win with either guy.

Kevin
10-25-2021, 09:32 PM
I’m the only one who voted for Cole which proves ECEH8C is full of shit.

El_Chapo
10-25-2021, 10:07 PM

this checks out.

29-7 - Kevin is the current tally

BisonHorns
10-25-2021, 11:32 PM
I am thankful for Quincy and what he has done for the team. I just didn't see him connecting enough with receivers and it was making us one dimensional. Give Cam a try and see. Nobody is guaranteed their spot. Entz said it today, "If you don't like your situation than work to improve it."

CAS4127
10-26-2021, 12:12 AM
I am thankful for Quincy and what he has done for the team. I just didn't see him connecting enough with receivers and it was making us one dimensional. Give Cam a try and see. Nobody is guaranteed their spot. Entz said it today, "If you don't like your situation than work to improve it."

Exactly! That’s how it’s always been. Stay the course.

CAS4127
10-26-2021, 12:15 AM
We live in a what have you done for me lately world, but much depends on Quincy's health and how good he's practicing. I think he's a bit dinged up and I think he could benefit from a week or 2 off and get some time to work on some things he's struggling at. (mainly the high passes and the short passing game) Give him some time to improve and get some more practice reps and see if he can take his game to the next level. Cams improved a ton since May. No reason Quincy can't either. Whoever starts vs a bad Indiana State team...it's not the decider. We can win with either guy.

Umm?? Isn’t the content of this post exactly what you just questioned me on in a different thread, Gabe?

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 12:20 AM

Check again Kev.

I smashed that south paw from Omaha button so hard I felt my calves shake.

td577
10-26-2021, 12:32 AM
This team, right now, has enough talent to win a national championship with a qb that scares another team enough to play somewhat honest against the run. If QP2 went deep on every drive to Watson and they connected, a defense would stop stacking the box. If Miller connected on 60+% of midrange throws and this team rarely saw long 3rd downs, defenses won't stack the box. If CP does a combination of throwing accurately long and midrange, there is a pattern here.

Cam can do this right now and has when he is out there. QP2 throws a nice deep pass when he sets his feet but they haven't let him do it every series. We haven't seen enough of Cole to say he is ready yet.

With what I know today, I think Miller could lead this team to a championship. He doesn't have to play lights out. Just good enough to loosen the box up a bit to allow for the run game to open back up organically. No more forcing the run game. This should be simply counting guys in the box and running your two play offense.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
10-26-2021, 12:38 AM
WE. DONT’T. NEED. COLE. NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
10-26-2021, 01:45 AM
One more tidbit about our offense with Quincy. The focus on runs and a couple over the head passes are not wearing down defenses like we have done in the past.

HerdBot
10-26-2021, 01:50 AM
Umm?? Isn’t the content of this post exactly what you just questioned me on in a different thread, Gabe?

No, must've been another herdbot. Although there is a herdboy and herdtob

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/beavisandbutthead/images/7/7f/882013-tom_anderson_large.jpg

Kujava23
10-26-2021, 03:28 AM
Cam deserves the start. Offense looked better with Cam in there. Get rid of the damn QB run from shotgun every other play and get back to under center and play action more. Use our backs and TE's again! Roehl's obsession with the QB run is hurting the offense.

Exactly!!!!!!

Kevin
10-26-2021, 03:29 AM

I’m suddenly reminded of that post where u told cas that u don’t know shit about football.

56BISON73
10-26-2021, 03:35 AM
Jose isnt a choice?????

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 03:44 AM

There is no later, only now. Unless my fatted calve sacrifices work

HerdBot
10-26-2021, 04:25 AM
Jose isnt a choice?????

I like having a QB shorter than Jalen Bussey

123Gobison
10-26-2021, 06:18 AM
Many who voted here for Cam committed fraud. They have multiple accounts and voted for Cam with fake IDs. In all seriousness, I think it is better for Cam and the program as a whole to be a backup and let QP ride the storm, come what may. Atleast in 2 years when QP graduates we will have program with some identity albeit a shitty OC who is so predictable even Jeff Culhane with mouth full of Petro Serv USA cookies is calling plays even before they are executed on the field. Where I am going with this is , the problem is our OC, not our QBs.

HerdistheWord
10-26-2021, 11:53 AM
QP is a better athlete. Cam is a better quarterback.

Kevin
10-26-2021, 11:59 AM
QP is a better athlete. Cam is a better quarterback.

Cole is a better athlete and qb than both. This is ageism. Nothing more.

TransAmBison
10-26-2021, 12:08 PM
Cole is a better athlete and qb than both. This is ageism. Nothing more.No words written in all-caps. No extra punctuation. I don't think you even care. You have dialed it up to two. You have performed as bad as the Jackrabbits on Hobo Days. I'd fire your OC.

Kevin
10-26-2021, 12:30 PM
No words written in all-caps. No extra punctuation. I don't think you even care. You have dialed it up to two. You have performed as bad as the Jackrabbits on Hobo Days. I'd fire your OC.

Listen bro go find urself a time machine and bring me 09 tab and get his opinion.

Maybe then I might take it into consideration.

Probably not tho.

TransAmBison
10-26-2021, 12:51 PM
Listen bro go find urself a time machine and bring me 09 tab and get his opinion.

Maybe then I might take it into consideration.

Probably not tho. 09 TAB had twin 2 year olds running around...no thanks...that guy was running on fumes...bro. I might now be older, slower, and not as witty, but at least I now have teenagers to tell me I'm older, slower, and not as witty. Just kidding broseph...those kids think I'm hilarious*

*I can tell by the eye rolls.

steelbison
10-26-2021, 12:57 PM
Only answer is Cam and it’s not close

Kevin
10-26-2021, 12:59 PM
09 TAB had twin 2 year olds running around...no thanks...that guy was running on fumes...bro. I might now be older, slower, and not as witty, but at least I now have teenagers to tell me I'm older, slower, and not as witty. Just kidding broseph...those kids think I'm hilarious*

*I can tell by the eye rolls.

I’m on fumes currently too. Are u saying this is the source of my brilliance and I’m going to become you?

Because I can’t accept that bro.

Kevin
10-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Only answer is Cam and it’s not close

It’s not the only answer bro there’s 3 possible answers otherwise there’d be no need for lakes to poll us.

scottietohottie
10-26-2021, 01:03 PM
I’m on fumes.

Pathetic. I call you.

TransAmBison
10-26-2021, 01:04 PM
I’m on fumes currently too. Are u saying this is the source of my brilliance and I’m going to become you?

Because I can’t accept that bro.If your wife starts making fur coats...you might want to be concerned.

ndsubison1
10-26-2021, 01:43 PM
We can win with either and its tough to move on from a QB when you're 7-0, but Cam makes our offense better. He's ready. Start him now to get him ready for SDSU.

GreenfieldBison
10-26-2021, 01:56 PM
Really - if Quincy is nursing an injury that is acute enough to affect his performance on the field there really is no choice here is there?

El_Chapo
10-26-2021, 02:06 PM
We can win with either and its tough to move on from a QB when you're 7-0, but Cam makes our offense better. He's ready. Start him now to get him ready for SDSU.

the more I look at this, entz HAS to start CAM. offense has been stagnant all year, Yes Quincy threw 1 long bomb to Watson in 7 games but Cam ca. do that too.
Quincy can run, but it's not like he is Trey or Vick out there to wow you.

the und, Illinois state, misery St 3 game sequence is all you need to judge this on.

Start Cam and you can always change it at SDSU

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 02:14 PM
the more I look at this,

So you're telling us, that's the bottom up perspective?

Kevin
10-26-2021, 02:14 PM
the more I look at this, entz HAS to start COLE. offense has been stagnant all year, Yes Quincy threw 1 long bomb to Watson in 7 games but Cole ca. do that too.

the und, Illinois state, misery St 3 game sequence is all you need to judge this on.

Start Cole and you can always change it at SDSU

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 02:16 PM
the more I look at this, entz HAS to start CAM. offense has been stagnant all year, Yes Quincy threw 1 long bomb to Watson in 7 games but Cam ca. do that too.

Start Cam and you can always change it at SDSU

But seriously, if the QP being dinged up isn't just all smoke and mirrors, why wouldn't you sit him for the Trees and let him heal up an extra couple weeks?

Cole has 3 more games to burn, unleash the calves against the Trees!

DORMIE
10-26-2021, 04:12 PM
Cam is the son of a football coach. Probably knows more about football
than most on this board. It's obvious that he has a bigger play book than QP.
Let QP heal up and work on his intermediate passing and extending his
playbook. wouldn't hurt to throw in Cole for a couple of series' in the next few games.
With QP's small playbook, teams have become wise to our play calling.

SDbison
10-26-2021, 04:29 PM
playbook. wouldn't hurt to throw in Cole for a couple of series' in the next few games.
With QP's small playbook, teams have become wise to our play calling. This makes so much sense I don't think bull headed Roehl and stubborn Entz can figure it out.

BisManBison
10-26-2021, 07:22 PM
With QP's small playbook, teams have become wise to our play calling.

Can knows more about football than most on this board? Lol, yah, that’s not a very high bar.

El_Chapo
10-26-2021, 08:58 PM
80% Cam Think Entz/Roehl will realize this?

scottietohottie
10-26-2021, 09:08 PM
80% Cam Think Entz/Roehl will realize this?

Tell grandma.

RonMexico
10-26-2021, 09:24 PM

I don't think it's an obsession but more of he has no idea what else to do if the initial game plan isn't working. It's the only adjustment he knows how to make. Worked great when you had Trey back there, but the Bison don't have another Trey right now.

El_Chapo
10-29-2021, 07:40 PM
I predict CAM starts , gotta give him a FULL game b4 SDSU.

(they can always pull CAM with a quick hook for Quincy... but having Quincy Start, then pulling him is a disaster)

TAILG8R
10-29-2021, 07:48 PM
I predict CAM starts , gotta give him a FULL game b4 SDSU.

(they can always pull CAM with a quick hook for Quincy... but having Quincy Start, then pulling him is a disaster)

I've heard other talking heads saying they think QP will start with a short leash. Not sure what you mean by disaster but I agree that if you start QP and pull him for Cam it creates a bad situation that could have been avoided by simply starting Cam.

Start Cam and if he doesn't play well you can go back to QP saying he's now healthy. If you start QP and have to go to Cam and he doesn't play well now everyone knows you have two QBs that aren't ready to play at a high enough level. Plus you've now pulled your starter multiple times which is never a good situation for a program to be in.

Worst case scenario by starting Cam is that you buy one to two more weeks of the QB problem not being a complete clusterfuck. Best case scenario you find your QB to lead you into the playoffs.

1st&TennBison
10-29-2021, 08:17 PM
I've heard other talking heads saying hey think QP will start with a short leash. Not sure what you mean by disaster but I agree that if you start QP and pull him for Cam it creates a bad situation that could have been avoided by simply starting Cam.

Start Cam and if he doesn't play well you can go back to QP saying he's now healthy. If you start QP and have to go to Cam and he doesn't play well now everyone knows you have two QBs that aren't ready to play at a high enough level. Plus you've now pulled your starter multiple times which is never a good situation for a program to be in.

Worst case scenario by starting Cam is that you buy one to two more weeks of the QB problem not being a complete clusterfuck. Best case scenario you find your QB to lead you into the playoffs.

You mean like we did last spring.:sigpalm:

ndsubison1
10-29-2021, 08:19 PM
Just start Cam, he looks to be the better choice. Would not shock me if QP is the starter tomorrow. It's not like hes that bad.

TAILG8R
10-29-2021, 08:45 PM
The coaches have a golden opportunity to see if QB2 is better than QB1 by sticking to the injury narrative. Usually you have to go full on demotion of QB1. If Cam plays lights out no one is going to second guess the coaches starting him against SDSU even if he doesn't play well in that game. But what do I know, I obviously am not a winner and don't like to win, duh!!

CAS4127
10-29-2021, 11:54 PM
Just start Cam, he looks to be the better choice. Would not shock me if QP is the starter tomorrow. It's not like hes that bad.

I wouldn’t be shocked if QP starts tomorrow, but I’ll be disappointed. Cam should be our starting QB going forward, period. We have to get a solid/predictable and consistent identity at QB.

123Gobison
10-30-2021, 02:16 AM
The only person that needs to be benched is our OC.

Professor Chaos
10-30-2021, 03:29 AM
The coaches have a golden opportunity to see if QB2 is better than QB1 by sticking to the injury narrative. Usually you have to go full on demotion of QB1. If Cam plays lights out no one is going to second guess the coaches starting him against SDSU even if he doesn't play well in that game. But what do I know, I obviously am not a winner and don't like to win, duh!!
I'm gonna guess this is the approach they're going to take. They'll say Quincy's shoulder is still not 100% healthy and they'll dress him but as the #3 "emergency" QB. They'll start Cam and then Entz can play the "I'm not sure which QB will start" game the entire week leading up the SDSU game.

El_Chapo
10-30-2021, 05:11 AM
I'm gonna guess this is the approach they're going to take. They'll say Quincy's shoulder is still not 100% healthy and they'll dress him but as the #3 "emergency" QB. They'll start Cam and then Entz can play the "I'm not sure which QB will start" game the entire week leading up the SDSU game.

that would be the SMARTEST thing entz has ever done

gizmo
10-30-2021, 01:16 PM
Even Carson Wentz sat while Brock won championships every year. and there was never a QB controversy. Like it or not, if he's healthy, QP is the guy.

ndsubison1
10-30-2021, 01:25 PM
Even Carson Wentz sat while Brock won championships every year. and there was never a QB controversy. Like it or not, if he's healthy, QP is the guy.

Brock only had 1-2 games where he probably deserved to be benched

gizmo
10-30-2021, 01:42 PM
Agreed, BJ was great! The point is that once a QB is designated as the #1 guy, his play has to be really awful for the coach to make a change. Even so, how often do we see coaches continue to play an injured QB even though their abilities are limited?

HerdistheWord
10-30-2021, 01:54 PM

I think we lose the Misery state game if QP stays in. Cam won that game and our play designs/execution were so much better with him.

CalBison97
10-30-2021, 01:59 PM
Agreed, BJ was great! The point is that once a QB is designated as the #1 guy, his play has to be really awful for the coach to make a change. Even so, how often do we see coaches continue to play an injured QB even though their abilities are limited?

Smart coaches play guys who make the team better. Cam certainly did that last week and deserves another opportunity this week to earn QB1. I hope we have smart coaches.

gizmo
10-30-2021, 02:09 PM
Smart coaches play guys who make the team better. Cam certainly did that last week and deserves another opportunity this week to earn QB1. I hope we have smart coaches.
Cam played well for one quarter but QP has your team undefeated. Not an easy call to make.

Professor Chaos
10-30-2021, 02:14 PM
Bingo, smart coaches adapt and are willing to admit when they were wrong. Stubborn coaches constrain themselves by past decisions even if they have more information now.

CalBison97
10-30-2021, 02:26 PM
Cam played well for one quarter but QP has your team undefeated. Not an easy call to make.

Undefeated luck will run out. Enough game film out now to where defenses key on the QB run with QP in. We are one-dimensional and the offensive scheme is quite easy to figure out. We will not be able to beat SDSU and other quality playoff programs without the passing threat.

NDSU92
10-30-2021, 02:49 PM
Undefeated luck will run out. Enough game film out now to where defenses key on the QB run with QP in. We are one-dimensional and the offensive scheme is quite easy to figure out. We will not be able to beat SDSU and other quality playoff programs without the passing threat.

Overall I agree with you, but I don’t know why people keep putting SDSU on such a pedestal. They’re on a two game losing streak. They’re good, but to say we won’t be able to beat them is a stretch.

CalBison97
10-30-2021, 03:10 PM
Overall I agree with you, but I don’t know why people keep putting SDSU on such a pedestal. They’re on a two game losing streak. They’re good, but to say we won’t be able to beat them is a stretch.

Because we are SDSU’s championship game. They seem to always match up well and game plan against our weaknesses.

westnodak93bison
10-30-2021, 03:15 PM
I'd start Quincy if he us healthy. His deep ball is too valuable to ignore imho.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-30-2021, 03:19 PM
Doesn’t matter who plays this week, any of them should be able to get the win

ndsubison1
10-30-2021, 04:31 PM

And Brock never really deserved to lose the job. Cam has a decent argument and we'll prolly see more of that moving forward

BigHorns
10-30-2021, 05:38 PM
The future is now.

Yep, this!

X-Factor
10-30-2021, 06:25 PM
Doesn’t matter who plays this week, any of them should be able to get the win

That’s exactly the mindset the team DOESN’T need, and on top of that misses the mark on the chess board

WeAreThePride
10-30-2021, 06:31 PM

Because the last 6 games against them in the regular season, we’re .500. How many teams can claim 3 Bison scalps this last decade?

No_Skill
10-30-2021, 07:11 PM
https://c.tenor.com/f2bcMk52NeoAAAAM/well-were-waiting.gif

El_Chapo
10-30-2021, 07:33 PM
I don't see Quincy.

Cole Cam throwing

El_Chapo
10-30-2021, 07:35 PM
Can starting