PDA

View Full Version : Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
10-23-2021, 10:51 PM
1) POTG split between Cam Miller Time and Jasir Cox. Way to step up boys.
2) Phoenix Sproles was not invisible today. He earned that NIL money.
3) Christian Watson seemed happiest about the QB change. Huge game. Clutch, clutch, clutch. Too bad that deep TD was called back. That's the one pass that QP was reliable for.
4) Shout out to QP. Runs pretty hard, is a gamer, but that completion rate isn't going to cut it in our offense.
5) TR gets some slack. He opened the book up the second the QB change hit. I liked the mix, even the QB runs.
6) Defense was solid. That was not an easy task to adjust and dominate like they did. How about that last MSU drive? Misery loves company.
7) Rep points to whoever gets me an image of Entz pulling out a blank notebook and looking at it. We're going to meme that to the meme moon. Lulz will be had, promise bros.
8) Special Teams might be our best squad. Even that opening kickoff Reinholz ran him down like fucking Pat McAfee or something.
9) Running back by committee continues to not impress but Kobe had some pop in the 2nd half and I still think Williams wants it the most right now. Luepke and Dom are both obviously banged up. No Bus today either?
10) SDSU lost to UNI. We just gotta finish now. Hopefully with Cam back at the helm and if that doesn't work. BURN PAYTON'S REDSHIRT.

Kevin
10-23-2021, 10:53 PM
I think we should start a preposterous statement of the GDT award each week. This week definitely belongs to lakes "Petrino would put NDSU over the top." Look bro, Entz with his chain smoking cougar in a bar voice and blank ass notebook annoys me sometimes too but wtf bro? Petrino?

I regret getting you unbanned sometimes bro get your shit together.

WeAreThePride
10-23-2021, 10:53 PM
Cam. Mother. Fucking. Miller. FUCKS!

This defense fucks.

Man that was an instant classic for MANY reasons.

tolnabison
10-23-2021, 11:03 PM
11. Is herdbot okay? His boy QP2 struggled. And the guy he ragged on all off season got being the right size (not being heavy enough compared to Stick). Comes in and leads us to the win.

Kevin
10-23-2021, 11:04 PM
Strong held to 50 yards in sdsu loss. Hopefully there’s solid tape to dissect for us there.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-23-2021, 11:06 PM
Miller starts from here in out………. Fire Roehl at the end of the season unless we win the NC

Kevin
10-23-2021, 11:07 PM
I had no idea reinholz was a senior. Kid has been rock solid.

gavin2126
10-23-2021, 11:07 PM
Marker game no longer going to be lit AF. Take care of business in Brookings and be at home throughout the playoffs.

Gully
10-23-2021, 11:17 PM
Now in addition to everyone begging for pass interference every other play, now every play is an argument about targeting. It's so frustrating....they need to do something with that rule. Feel bad for #2. Yes, it was a penalty. No, the rule won't stop it from happening again. People don't realize how fast the game moves. If defenders could choose exactly where/how they hit oponents, they would never miss any tackles.

I thought the penalty on our WR was crazy, they could have called taunting on them after just about every play. Strange to pick out that one, especially at a crucial time late in the game.

Schwarz04
10-23-2021, 11:18 PM
1. Wow………..

Gully
10-23-2021, 11:19 PM
Bison played terribly early and had a bunch of things go against them and still somehow won. It's clear who should be playing QB....things will be completely different when defenses have to defend the whole field. QP is a great guy and a heck of a runner, but he has the yips on short throws and now he's lost his confidence.

#millertime

scottietohottie
10-23-2021, 11:21 PM
Hey Matt Entz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8s5uyfNIMY

EC8CH
10-23-2021, 11:24 PM
The pump fake has returned.

1998braves64
10-23-2021, 11:27 PM
Sounds like I made a good decision to mow my lawn during second half got in with NDSU leading 27-20 in 4th. Sounds like the road to get there was a bit crazy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

CAS4127
10-23-2021, 11:27 PM
Maybe 1660 (aside from Phil) will now give fans some credit for calling a spade a spade and maybe, just maybe, that we aren’t idiots like they like to say we are. Or maybe they are for not just calling things as they are.

We are a better team on O with Cam Miller. We also need to play our best RBs. We don’t need a six-person committee. We used to play a 2-back game. Let’s do that until game is in hand, with our bet RBs.

Our D-line is just sick good, and the rotation works there.

LBs are improving. Secondary is solid.

Oline difficult to judge overall because of QB play with QP. Miller seemed fine with them and stepped up in pocke nicely on Sproles (where has he been) TD.

O ran much more smoothly with Miller. Most of you likely don’t realize this, but just the simple, basic steps and timing can allow O to run more smoothly and proficiently.

Also, the long throw by Miller to Watson on sideline was bette than most think—there was a safety coming over the top that could have picked a longer ball.

23Bison
10-23-2021, 11:29 PM
Ok, I watched the first 3 possessions and decided my niece’ 5th b-day was more important. After keeping track of the game, is it worth watching on my DVR? Seemed very frustrating.

Kevin
10-23-2021, 11:30 PM
Maybe 1660 (aside from Phil) will now give fans some credit for calling a spade a spade and maybe, just maybe, that we aren’t idiots like they like to say we are. Or maybe they are for not just calling things as they are.

We are a better team on O with Cam Miller. We also need to play our best RBs. We don’t need a six-person committee. We used to play a 2-back game. Let’s do that until game is in hand, with our bet RBs.

Oline difficult to judge overall because of QB play with QP. Miller seemed fine with them and stepped up in pocke nicely on Sproles (where has he been) TD.

O ran much more smoothly with Miller. Most of you likely don’t realize this, but just the simple, basic steps and timing can allow O to run more smoothly and proficiently.

Also, the long throw by Miller to Watson on sideline was bette than most think—there was a safety coming over the top that could have picked a longer ball.

Which two backs?

totoinfl
10-23-2021, 11:35 PM
Cam has earned it. Don’t blame Entz for making that public during the post game.

Cox was on fire today as was Webber until he got tossed. Tutsie also played very well.

Bunnies beat, Yotes beat, …heck of game at EWU right now. Weber up 7 with 6 to go.

I commented during the game that either our playbook was a pamphlet or we had no confidence in execution. I think that question was answered.

How many football team , not just FCS, have the ability to go to the bench for a QB like Cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAS4127
10-23-2021, 11:35 PM
Which two backs?

If healthy, Luepke and Williams, although Johnson seemed to run better when Miller was in a QB (timing/confidence maybe??).

But Luepke sure seems to be nicked a lot, and I question whether it is injury or pain. One can play though/with pain.

Bison03
10-23-2021, 11:36 PM
QP2 is now QB2

totoinfl
10-23-2021, 11:36 PM
Ugh. WSU fumbled converting a 3 and 1. Now it’s the E Barriere show

totoinfl
10-23-2021, 11:38 PM
If healthy, Luepke and Williams, although Johnson seemed to run better when Miller was in a QB (timing/confidence maybe??).

But Luepke sure seems to be nicked a lot, and I question whether it is injury or pain. One can play though/with pain.

I think there are definitely opportunities for the scat back type, I.e. The Bus. Dom looks hurt. Kobe is slowly coming to life, but he isn’t an a gap runner. My very humble opinion

CAS4127
10-23-2021, 11:39 PM
Cam has earned it. Don’t blame Entz for making that public during the post game.

Cox was on fire today as was Webber until he got tossed. Tutsie also played very well.

Bunnies beat, Yotes beat, …heck of game at EWU right now. Weber up 7 with 6 to go.

I commented during the game that either our playbook was a pamphlet or we had no confidence in execution. I think that question was answered.

How many football team , not just FCS, have the ability to go to the bench for a QB like Cam.

I caught your pamphlet comment, and it peeled my interest thoughts. And play calling did change for the better when Miller came in. We even threw to TE in flat. Can you imagine being a defender and having to tackle those guys? I was once, and didn’t like it even with smaller (bigger than me) TEs.

totoinfl
10-23-2021, 11:40 PM
EWU scores….kicker misses XP. We have to remember how good Reinholz was today too.

CAS4127
10-23-2021, 11:41 PM
I think there are definitely opportunities for the scat back type, I.e. The Bus. Dom looks hurt. Kobe is slowly coming to life, but he isn’t an a gap runner. My very humble opinion

Don’t disagree with this, especially Bussey. Johnson needs to run with more urgency/desire IMO.

totoinfl
I caught your pamphlet comment, and it peeled my interest thoughts. And play calling did change for the better when Miller came in. We even threw to TE in flat. Can you imagine being a defender and having to tackle those guys? I was once, and didn’t like it even with smaller (bigger than me) TEs.

I didn’t think the difference would be that obvious, but holy cow.

Uffda
3) Christian Watson seemed happiest about the QB change. Huge game. Clutch, clutch, clutch. Too bad that deep TD was called back. That's the one pass that QP was reliable for.
4) Shout out to QP. Runs pretty hard, is a gamer, but that completion rate isn't going to cut it in our offense.
5) TR gets some slack. He opened the book up the second the QB change hit. I liked the mix, even the QB runs.
6) Defense was solid. That was not an easy task to adjust and dominate like they did. How about that last MSU drive? Misery loves company.
7) Rep points to whoever gets me an image of Entz pulling out a blank notebook and looking at it. We're going to meme that to the meme moon. Lulz will be had, promise bros.
8) Special Teams might be our best squad. Even that opening kickoff Reinholz ran him down like fucking Pat McAfee or something.
9) Running back by committee continues to not impress but Kobe had some pop in the 2nd half and I still think Williams wants it the most right now. Luepke and Dom are both obviously banged up. No Bus today either?
10) SDSU lost to UNI. We just gotta finish now. Hopefully with Cam back at the helm and if that doesn't work. BURN PAYTON'S REDSHIRT.

Go Bison!!!!

td577
10-23-2021, 11:42 PM
The offense certainly ran a lot smoother with Cam out there. He seemed to give receivers a much better chance to make plays. While I think QP2 has a way higher ceiling, I don't know if this team has the time to wait for him to get there. This defense is really good. The offense can be really good. If Cam Miller gives this team the best chance at 30+ points every Saturday, then play him.

I don't want to see this team miss out on a championship because the coaches are stubborn about starting QP.

The second half adjustments on defense were very tight. Shelley was not as comfortable throwing the ball and really had no where to run when he wanted to take off.

Interesting game and Missouri state played a good game.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
10-23-2021, 11:45 PM
Really wondering what was up with Shelley going 35 yards across the field after a defender, having a flag thrown and then no penalty being called.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

tony
10-23-2021, 11:49 PM
Ugh. WSU fumbled converting a 3 and 1. Now it’s the E Barriere show

Game over. Weber State wins.

CAS4127
10-23-2021, 11:52 PM
The post game 1660 comments from the commenters are effing exhausting. They are talking about Sproles feeling relieved to finally catch a TD. Really?? It was the first pass that was actually catchable for him to do so.

Brake is also saying fans have been dissing Cox on D? Who? He was playing solid the first 5 games, and now is upping his coverage game hugely. Neither surprised nor questioning his play at all, plus his tackling had improved majorly.

God these guys are dumb/out of touch.

Gully
10-23-2021, 11:53 PM
Really wondering what was up with Shelley going 35 yards across the field after a defender, having a flag thrown and then no penalty being called.

No kidding. Obviously there was something going on, they saw it and threw the flag. I don't understand why they would pick it up.

EC8CH
The post game 1660 comments from the commenters are effing exhausting. They are talking about Sproles feeling relieved to finally catch a TD. Really?? It was the first pass that was actually catchable for him to do so.

Brake is also saying fans have been dissing Cox on D? Who? He was playing solid the first 5 games, and now is upping his coverage game hugely. Neither surprised nor questioning his play at all, plus his tackling had improved majorly.

Cox has been solid all year.

totoinfl
So #2 ranking looks likely come Monday

Gully
10-23-2021, 11:54 PM
I don't recall people ripping on Cox?

EC8CH
Game over. Weber State wins.

Weber was a goat rodeo the game I watched them. QB was a mess. Must have figured some things out.

scottietohottie

Omg. I need to screen shot my snap chat. I just got told to call in. I told them no way that's ndsu controlled bs. I listen to cas. I honestly just got don't typing that.

WeAreThePride
10-23-2021, 11:55 PM
So #2 ranking looks likely come Monday

Is Sammy gonna slouch their way to a #1 overall ranking?

Oh well. I guess they're at the top until somebody proves otherwise.

Snowgoose
10-23-2021, 11:56 PM

I too am not sure which backs but why can’t we make the Bus a great third down back. Can’t he pick up blitzes maybe. Also, our oline has really struggled run blocking for our backs it seems for now almost two years. Or it sure seems that way. Is it poor technique or what I am not an expert in that area but our backs today were getting hit st the line everyone time. Cam may be able to open it up a little with the pass but we have had lots of years over the run where our QBs havent been the best passers but we could still run the ball (ie early with Jensen and Stick)

Uffda
10-24-2021, 12:00 AM
Weber was a goat rodeo the game I watched them. QB was a mess. Must have figured some things out.

They fake punted on EWU 3 times. Lol.

Kevin
10-24-2021, 12:01 AM

Maybe we really do need our own radio show lol

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 12:04 AM
Look out once Tyler and Cam remember the tight ends!

Snowgoose
10-24-2021, 12:05 AM
The bison need to figure out their old school running attack as that is my biggest concern as it has seemed off for two years now.

Bison56
10-24-2021, 12:06 AM

They try to create drama to get people to listen, no different than McFooly.

bison22
10-24-2021, 12:08 AM
If NDSU and SHSU both go undefeated. I think playoff committee will give us 1 seed due to strength of schedule. I think USD qb hurt shoulder today so that might now be an easier game. Just gotta take care of bunnies and road to Frisco goes through Fargo!!

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 12:11 AM
They try to create drama to get people to listen, no different than McFooly.

They aren’t smart enough to do this.

bisonpride4ever
10-24-2021, 12:14 AM

I don't recall people ripping on Cox?

I’m guessing they were on Bisonville during a game this year were he made a bad play and somebody said something and they saw it and took it as “See, all the fans hate him!”

BisonHorns
10-24-2021, 12:18 AM
Now in addition to everyone begging for pass interference every other play, now every play is an argument about targeting. It's so frustrating....they need to do something with that rule. Feel bad for #2. Yes, it was a penalty. No, the rule won't stop it from happening again. People don't realize how fast the game moves. If defenders could choose exactly where/how they hit oponents, they would never miss any tackles.

I thought the penalty on our WR was crazy, they could have called taunting on them after just about every play. Strange to pick out that one, especially at a crucial time late in the game.

I saw that penalty in front of me. Our guy went to the ref right after the play to complain about 4 getting in his face. The ref just pointed our guy to go to the side lines. Our guy walked back over to number 4 and starting jawing. Then the flag went up.

NDSU1980
10-24-2021, 12:20 AM
Got so frustrated that I went outside at half time. Didn't quit working on the shit spreader until half way through the third quarter. Entz's comment to Logan after the game worries me, he said QP got banged up and implied that's why Miller came in. So, would Enz really be stupid enough to go back to QP next week if he's healed?

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 12:20 AM
The bison need to figure out their old school running attack as that is my biggest concern as it has seemed off for two years now.

Agree. We aren’t allowing any RBs to get rhythm/feel. Sorry, but Dom getting most of the carries isn’t doing it. He is a Derrick Lang type back, and there is nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, we don’t run screens and draws to RBs anymore for some unknown reason. Wtf?

OrygunBison
10-24-2021, 12:22 AM
I think an interesting side benefit to switching starting QBs will be that TR will need to re-tool the play sheet to fit Cam's skillset. Probably fewer middle QB runs or 50+ yard passes. He also scares me like watching Jensen throwing shallow and outside of the hashmarks. I think we'll see the return of the tight end plus some regular 10-30 yard passing plays.

Hopefully, the situation causes him to look at the running plays better while he's at it.

Speaking of running, I would play Hunter and Gonnella in the first half, then Williams, Kobe and Bussey in the second half.

1st&TennBison
10-24-2021, 12:22 AM

Like in the movie "The Program"
Are you injured or are you hurt?
What's the difference?
Well, if your injured you can't and if you're hurt you can.
I think I'm just hurt.

WeAreThePride
10-24-2021, 12:23 AM
Agree. We aren’t allowing any RBs to get rhythm/feel. Sorry, but Dom getting most of the carries isn’t doing it. He is a Derrick Lang type back, and there is nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately, we don’t run screens and draws to RBs anymore for some unknown reason. Wtf?

Hey, I'll settle for throwing a ball in the direction of a tight end.

Baby steps.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 12:23 AM
What a bizarre game

1) Missouri State is really really good. Give them credit

2) Our defense fucks, am I right?

3) Cam Miller. Give the kid a standing ovation

4) Tyler Roehl sucks for 3 quarters and we can't run the football

5) Apparently Cam has a deeper knowledge of the playbook because we were running things we haven't seen all season.

6) Great job of the entire team stepping up their game in the 3rd and 4th quarter. We go from dropping passes to making incredible catches.

7) Tough to not give Cam some reps, especially if Quincys shoulder is injured. It's probably difficult to stay healthy when your OC runs you 30 times a game

8) Jasir Cox fucks

9) Those are the worst refs

10) The crowd was awesome

11) Penalties are a major issue. It cost us a long bomb TD and almost that stupid personal foul penalty could have cost us the game

Bisonwinagn
10-24-2021, 12:25 AM
Survive and advance this time of the year. They had no business winning this game but found a way. Easy schedule coming up the last 4 weeks outside of SDSU.

BisonHorns
10-24-2021, 12:26 AM
Their number 1 was the cockiest player to walk on the field at the dome this year. Ge spent equal time trash tLking the crowd and the bison players. IDIOT

StecMSU
10-24-2021, 12:27 AM
I saw that penalty in front of me. Our guy went to the ref right after the play to complain about 4 getting in his face. The ref just pointed our guy to go to the side lines. Our guy walked back over to number 4 and starting jawing. Then the flag went up.

The refs take a lot of heat from people but they generally don't want to throw flags like that. They like to give a verbal warning and then if it gets disregarded they throw a flag. Everyone knew coming in with NDSU and MSU that it would be a chippy game. All in all the refs were fine in my opinion.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 12:28 AM
I think an interesting side benefit to switching starting QBs will be that TR will need to re-tool the play sheet to fit Cam's skillset. Probably fewer middle QB runs or 50+ yard passes. He also scares me like watching Jensen throwing shallow and outside of the hashmarks. I think we'll see the return of the tight end plus some regular 10-30 yard passing plays.

Hopefully, the situation causes him to look at the running plays better while he's at it.

Speaking of running, I would play Hunter and Gonnella in the first half, then Williams, Kobe and Bussey in the second half.

Yeah that is quite apparent. With Quincy we only run 2 different formations and a Tecmo Super Bowl playbook

Cam can make the short throws way better than Quincy but he doesn't have the arm to make long ones. Both are totally different skill sets. Putting can in late was a brilliant move but next week they will prepare differently

Bisonwinagn
10-24-2021, 12:29 AM
The refs take a lot of heat from people but they generally don't want to throw flags like that. They like to give a verbal warning and then if it gets disregarded they throw a flag. Everyone knew coming in with NDSU and MSU that it would be a chippy game. All in all the refs were fine in my opinion.

The refs in the Valley this year have been fucking awful. Apparently COVID cost them to lose all competence.

StecMSU
10-24-2021, 12:30 AM
Their number 1 was the cockiest player to walk on the field at the dome this year. Ge spent equal time trash tLking the crowd and the bison players. IDIOT

Our #1 on offense or defense? We have double numbers there and they both play. I didn't see that on the broadcast. Our #4 Braswell is always flirting with personal foul penalties but I haven't noticed it from #1.

WeAreThePride
10-24-2021, 12:30 AM

You think it's normal to have 4 illegal formation penalties in a game? By both sides?

You think that both MSU and NDSU were lining up legally all year, and out of nowhere they both chose today to try and slip one by these exceptional officials?

1st&TennBison
10-24-2021, 12:32 AM
I too am not sure which backs but why can’t we make the Bus a great third down back. Can’t he pick up blitzes maybe. Also, our oline has really struggled run blocking for our backs it seems for now almost two years. Or it sure seems that way. Is it poor technique or what I am not an expert in that area but our backs today were getting hit st the line everyone time. Cam may be able to open it up a little with the pass but we have had lots of years over the run where our QBs havent been the best passers but we could still run the ball (ie early with Jensen and Stick)

The o-line does great with run blocking when the other team does not have 8 guys in the box. As soon as Miller came in MSU took only about 2 plays to stop stacking the box. Not sure if they thought Miller was a better passer at that moment or just figured that NDSU was going to start slinging it. Either way, it worked and Miller and the backs seemed to have more space to run in.

oldmantutters
10-24-2021, 12:33 AM
You think it's normal to have 4 illegal formation penalties in a game? By both sides?

You think that both MSU and NDSU were lining up legally all year, and out of nowhere they both chose today to try and slip one by these exceptional officials?The one side judge had his protractor and compass out doing trigonometry to make sure who was supposed to be on the line was. And who wasn't supposed to be on the line, wasn't.

StecMSU
10-24-2021, 12:35 AM

You think that both MSU and NDSU were lining up legally all year, and out of nowhere they both chose today to try and slip one by these exceptional officials?

I don't know. I'd have to watch the All 22 camera angle to see.

I went to a high school football game here in Missouri last night and this one gentleman was just all over the side judge. Vulgarities, personal insults, challenging him to fisticuffs. It was outrageous. I don't know about North Dakota but they struggle mightily to find officials for high school sports here. I sometimes worry about that trickling up to the next level. It's a thankless job.

WeAreThePride
10-24-2021, 12:36 AM
The o-line does great with run blocking when the other team does not have 8 guys in the box. As soon as Miller came in MSU took only about 2 plays to stop stacking the box. Not sure if they thought Miller was a better passer at that moment or just figured that NDSU was going to start slinging it. Either way, it worked and Miller and the backs seemed to have more space to run in.

MSU apparently decided they were going to force QP to beat them with his arm. They probably figured they could let him sling some long bombs, where his production is highest, and then stuff the box taking away his legs and figuring they could put up 30 points.

I gotta tell you, it damn near worked.

WeAreThePride
10-24-2021, 12:36 AM
I don't know. I'd have to watch the All 22 camera angle to see.

I went to a high school football game here in Missouri last night and this one gentleman was just all over the side judge. Vulgarities, personal insults, challenging him to fisticuffs. It was outrageous. I don't know about North Dakota but they struggle mightily to find officials for high school sports here. I sometimes worry about that trickling up to the next level. It's a thankless job.

You want some cheese with that whine?

marenlee
10-24-2021, 12:38 AM
What will it take to get a sellout other than UND or SDSU coming to the dome? This was a great matchup coming in. Does the casual fan just look at the name Missouri State and assume the same old same old?

1st&TennBison
10-24-2021, 12:42 AM
You want some cheese with that whine?

I would have to agree with him. True that there are some bad calls made and a ref deserves some booing. But there are for sure some fans/parents who are way out of line. And there have been many stories written by news sources telling of how officials are getting to be hard to find and keep because of this. Many of us have seen it first hand, I know I have.

bison22
10-24-2021, 12:45 AM
Pisses me off that SDSU can get their post game press conferences up immediately and wday like ahhh we will go grab some supper first and then if I feel like it I'll post it tonight or wait til after church tomorrow

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 12:47 AM
11. Is herdbot okay? His boy QP2 struggled. And the guy he ragged on all off season got being the right size (not being heavy enough compared to Stick). Comes in and leads us to the win.

Cam had the benefit of running a completely different offense than Quincy today and caught the defense by surprise. He obviously had a deeper knowledge of the offense since he's been here longer.

Next week the D-Coordinator will prepare differently .

I don't think he's the long term answer but he played admirably. I would definitely play both of them until Quincy can get the short passing game going. Cam can't throw deep or run like Quincy but Quincy can't run the short game as good as Cam

But rest QP2 vs Indiana State and allow that shoulder to heal. We need them both

QP2 still has way bigger upside but it will take time

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 12:55 AM
Cam had the benefit of running a completely different offense than Quincy today and caught the defense by surprise. He obviously had a deeper knowledge of the offense since he's been here longer.

I don't think he's the long term answer but he played admirably. I would definitely play both of them until Quincy can get the short passing game going. But rest QP2 vs Indiana State and allow that shoulder to heal. QP2 still has way bigger upside but it will take time

Did you see Cams first pass? The pocket presence? QP would have run that bitch right into the centers ass. Phil has been saying Quincy can't pass for 3 weeks. Developing a qb is what ndsu does. We don't need no transfer.

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 12:59 AM

I don't think he's the long term answer but he played admirably. I would definitely play both of them until Quincy can get the short passing game going. Cam can't throw deep or run like Quincy but Quincy can't run the short game as good as Cam

But rest QP2 vs Indiana State and allow that shoulder to heal. We need them both

ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS? Why didn’t QP have the same offense?

This is just a non-sense post on many levels.

OrygunBison
10-24-2021, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I've been giving QP the benefit of the doubt since his upside seems to be so high but frankly, he has regressed significantly over the last couple or three games. It was time to make a change. It was interesting to see the other players' reaction to the new blood coming in. It was very noticeable.

Bison56
10-24-2021, 01:02 AM

What was different, did they stop calling 3 foot over the WR passes?

IndyBison
10-24-2021, 01:04 AM

I thought the penalty on our WR was crazy, they could have called taunting on them after just about every play. Strange to pick out that one, especially at a crucial time late in the game.If they would focus more on tackling rather than hitting they are much less likely to be guilty of targeting. Once they lower their head they lose sight of what they are hitting and that gets them in trouble. The D3/NAIA guys get it better. I can't remember the last time we had a targeting foul in our game. Probably at least 3-4 years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
10-24-2021, 01:05 AM
Yeah, I've been giving QP the benefit of the doubt since his upside seems to be so high but frankly, he has regressed significantly over the last couple or three games. It was time to make a change. It was interesting to see the other players' reaction to the new blood coming in. It was very noticeable.

I don’t know, other than the continued red zone issues I thought the offense looked better last week than it had all year to that point.

ByeSonBusiness
10-24-2021, 01:06 AM

Kid is Brandon Wimbush Lite from ND a few years back. Throws the occasional dime and can run pretty well but ain't isn't a real dual threat

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 01:06 AM
If they would focus more on tackling rather than hitting they are much less likely to be guilty of targeting. Once they lower their head they lose sight of what they are hitting and that gets them in trouble. The D3/NAIA guys get it better. I can't remember the last time we had a targeting foul in our game. Probably at least 3-4 years.

Your defense of refs is getting old. I appreciate you, but come on already.

Gully
10-24-2021, 01:07 AM
If they would focus more on tackling rather than hitting they are much less likely to be guilty of targeting. Once they lower their head they lose sight of what they are hitting and that gets them in trouble. The D3/NAIA guys get it better. I can't remember the last time we had a targeting foul in our game. Probably at least 3-4 years.

you keep saying that but the rule doesn't seem to be changing any behavior....and it's negatively impacting the game

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 01:08 AM
ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS? Why didn’t QP have the same offense?

This is just a non-sense post on many levels.

How many times did we run Delta, roll Quincy out, throw short passes in the flat or do things like TE screens with Quincy? How about the throw back play to Sproles?

Zero.

But if we wouldn't have had a long bomb TD called back due to a lineman 5 yards down the field, this game could have played our differently

mtoutfitter
10-24-2021, 01:11 AM
How many times did we run Delta, roll Quincy out, throw short passes in the flat or do things like TE screens with Quincy? How about the throw back play to Sproles?

Zero.

But if we wouldn't have had a long bomb TD called back due to a lineman 5 yards down the field, this game could have played our differently

Maybe those things just aren't in QPs wheel house.

Gully
10-24-2021, 01:12 AM

Zero.

To me it looks like we don't run certain plays with him because they don't have confidence he can execute. He just doesn't seem to have "it". Cam looks like a QB. The game changed completely with him in there.

I suspect they'll play Cam and then have "packages" for QP.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 01:13 AM
Did you see Cams first pass? The pocket presence? QP would have run that bitch right into the centers ass. Phil has been saying Quincy can't pass for 3 weeks. Developing a qb is what ndsu does. We don't need no transfer.

That was a great play. But Quincy is a 3 year player so we can develop a transfer

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 01:14 AM
To me it looks like we don't run certain plays with him because they don't have confidence he can execute. He just doesn't seem to have "it". Cam looks like a QB. The game changed completely with him in there.

I suspect they'll play Cam and then have "packages" for QP.

That I will agree with but I think it's because Cam is deeper in the playbook

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 01:16 AM

Zero.

Holy Eff. Just go lay by your dish, Gabe. You have this all wrong.

IndyBison
10-24-2021, 01:17 AM
Your defense of refs is getting old. I appreciate you, but come on already.I said nothing about the refs. I'm speaking shit player behavior and answering his question about how a defender is supposed to predict what a runner will do. Targeting calls have been inconsistent this year. That's a separate issue.
you keep saying that but the rule doesn't seem to be changing any behavior....and it's negatively impacting the gameWe've been told the number of targeting fouls has gone down so there is some change in behavior. How much I don't know. All of today's players have had some form of targeting for most of their high school and college careers. The HS rule is different but similar enough it's addressing the same behavior. Keep hitting like that and you will risk committing targeting.

Professor Chaos
10-24-2021, 01:22 AM
No offense to Cam Miller but Christian Watson was the player of that game. Two ridiculously good catches on the game winning TD drive. Kudos to Cam for doing what should've been done all year which is throw to #1 if he's in single coverage no matter how tight the coverage is. Loved the call on the screen pass to Gindorff as well. Need more of both of those going forward. Would really like to see #81 get some chances against 1-on-1 coverage as well.

MangyOldBison
10-24-2021, 01:25 AM

How about moving QP to running back or fullback? Can he catch the rock? And add some plays that will really make that sweet? Might be a win win for QP and for the Bison, as he won’t be playing QB on Sundays.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 01:36 AM
Holy Eff. Just go lay by your dish, Gabe. You have this all wrong.

If you cant see that the playbook runs deeper with Cam, I don't know what to say other than stick to defense Cas.

I will even go as far as saying we need to play both QBs in some capacity until Quincy can get deeper in the playbook.

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 01:38 AM
If you cant see that the playbook runs deeper with Cam, I don't know what to say other than stick to defense Cas.

I will even go as far as saying we need to play both QBs in some capacity until Quincy can get deeper in the playbook.

So Quincy has learned 3 plays in what 6 to 8 months? Time to move on if that's the case. Read your own post again. I saw quarterback play in the 4th quarter. Like a real qb not just a cheap wildcat with one trick. Come on.

Ask yourself why the playbook runs deeper? He almost lost Tyler his job

Gully
10-24-2021, 01:40 AM
So Quincy has learned 3 plays in what 6 to 8 months? Time to move on if that's the case. Read your own post again. I saw quarterback play in the 4th quarter. Like a real qb not just a cheap wildcat with one trick. Come on.

QP is to HerdBot what Zeb was to Lakes. It's weird how people make an assessment about a player and then refuse to adjust it regardless of the results.

Kevin
10-24-2021, 01:40 AM
How about moving QP to running back or fullback? Can he catch the rock? And add some plays that will really make that sweet? Might be a win win for QP and for the Bison, as he won’t be playing QB on Sundays.

Smart. Maybe tight end? I don’t think we have any.

GreenfieldBison
10-24-2021, 01:46 AM
Yeah that is quite apparent. With Quincy we only run 2 different formations and a Tecmo Super Bowl playbook

Cam can make the short throws way better than Quincy but he doesn't have the arm to make long ones. Both are totally different skill sets. Putting can in late was a brilliant move but next week they will prepare differently

Dude. Really. You need to get your correction checked.

GreenfieldBison
10-24-2021, 01:48 AM
The one side judge had his protractor and compass out doing trigonometry to make sure who was supposed to be on the line was. And who wasn't supposed to be on the line, wasn't.

I sure hope he gets dinged for this game. Shameful.

GreenfieldBison
10-24-2021, 01:50 AM

Benefit of or ability to?

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 01:51 AM

The playbook is practiced “in practice” Gabe. You then take those reps and ability into game. You’re “logic” is nonsense. Did Can get his experience at running those plays today in game situation? Ummm, no!! And how did he accidentally step up in the pocket and fire a perfect pass to Sproles for a TD?? How did that happen? Practice brought to in-game situations. Why do you think our coaches preach about the multiple/dual reps our players get in practice? Because it makes them better practice players??’ Of course not, and you should know that.

And, I’ll take my O knowledge over yours any day. I mean, you’re suggesting the playbook opened up more for a 2nd team QB. Really? Opened up for 2nd team. That stands logic on its head, with a backward summersault.

semobison
10-24-2021, 01:51 AM
Happy for Cam, he took responsibility for his play in the loss to Sam Houston in the spring.
Bville was pretty hard on him after that loss too. Not big enough, doesn’t have the arm etc...etc... to be the Bison QB.
He was exactly what we needed today!

56BISON73
10-24-2021, 01:52 AM

Gabe---QP should be a lot further along than he is. Not only execution but the playbook as well.

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 01:53 AM
Benefit of or ability to?

Nicely and succinctly stated right there.

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 01:54 AM
Happy for Cam, he took responsibility for his play in the loss to Sam Houston in the spring.
Bville was pretty hard on him after that loss too. Not big enough, doesn’t have the arm etc...etc... to be the Bison QB.

Those were largely Gabe’s comments/“observations”.

GreenfieldBison
10-24-2021, 01:59 AM
Cam looks ready to me.

But I don’t know shit about football.

NDSU
10-24-2021, 02:00 AM

Seems he doesn’t particularly care for any sort of contact though?

marenlee
10-24-2021, 02:12 AM
Seems he doesn’t particularly care for any sort of contact though?

How so? People have been pushing that narrative because he said he’d rather make someone miss rather than run someone over. He spends most of his runs trying to break through tackles.

Hammerhead
10-24-2021, 02:19 AM

I thought about that, but we already have good RBs who don’t get enough time on the field.

PlainsBison
10-24-2021, 02:37 AM
The play selection with Cam was way better.

Cam played well when the pressure was on.

I wish we would play our big backs more.

Thing I was most happy about. Defense taking down their quarterback numerous times after he talked trash to out team on the sidelines.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 02:42 AM

He was phenomenal today and has improved immensely

Those were largely Gabe’s comments/“observations”.
No buddy. Everyone said Cam wasn't ready last year. I said he was put into an impossible situation as a Freshman and was too undersized and wasn't a threat to run and needed a few years in the weight room.

He is still undersized, not a running threat and has an average arm.. But he's improved enough to where it looks like we can win with him

I still believe Cole Payton and QP2 are the future

Gabe---QP should be a lot further along than he is. Not only execution but the playbook as well.

Cam didn't play until the last 3 games last year and he wasn't ready. He looked like a true Freshman. Today he looked fabulous

So Quincy should be about as far along as Cam was last year in week 7

BisonHorns
10-24-2021, 02:49 AM
Our #1 on offense or defense? We have double numbers there and they both play. I didn't see that on the broadcast. Our #4 Braswell is always flirting with personal foul penalties but I haven't noticed it from #1.

Complete asshat. He will be in trouble soon. Watch the papers for someone who acts like that.

ndsubison1
10-24-2021, 02:49 AM
Its gotta be Miller time, passing game is so much better with him in. QP just doesnt see the field or read the defense pre & post snap well. We can use his legs with some packages. Miller showed glimpses in spring and was only a true frosh. Him in there will help free up our backs too. Starting him vs Indiana State is a great opportunity. I love our QB room.

Defense started to dominate halfway through the 3rd after some poor tackling and closing the edge earlier. Guys, this team is loaded with barely any weaknesses, offense may finally click more.

Kevin
10-24-2021, 03:10 AM
This offense doesn’t run without the intermediate pass game.

That makes this an easy decision IMO.

OrygunBison
10-24-2021, 03:10 AM
I was incredibly disappointed in both Zeb and Cam in the spring. Because of that, I've been biased to see mostly good in QP. Unfortunately, he hasn't really gotten better and now there's enough tape on him that defenses can stuff him and frustrate him and he'll look like he did today. Just awful. I was wrong.

That said, that first out that he threw made my heart drop. Reminded me of how I felt every fucking time that Brock threw it. (I don't know how the hell that only cost us one game...) Cam needs to work on that throw...a lot. A whole lot, or that's going to be the next thing you guys are all going to be bitching about. Other than that, he looked really good. In the spring, he had happy feet and when he was running, he just ran into a lineman and bounced off most of the time. He still looks a little funny running (really fast baby steps) but much better. Like other said, pretty damn good pocket movement and his medium range balls were great.

I'm in. It's Miller Time.

OrygunBison
10-24-2021, 03:11 AM
This offense doesn’t run without the intermediate pass game.

That makes this an easy decision IMO.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 03:13 AM
I was incredibly disappointed in both Zeb and Cam in the spring. Because of that, I've been biased to see mostly good in QP. Unfortunately, he hasn't really gotten better and now there's enough tape on him that defenses can stuff him and frustrate him and he'll look like he did today. Just awful. I was wrong.

That said, that first out that he threw made my heart drop. Reminded me of how I felt every fucking time that Brock threw it. (I don't know how the hell that only cost us one game...) Cam needs to work on that throw...a lot. A whole lot, or that's going to be the next thing you guys are all going to be bitching about. Other than that, he looked really good. In the spring, he had happy feet and when he was running, he just ran into a lineman and bounced off most of the time. He still looks a little funny running (really fast baby steps) but much better. Like other said, pretty damn good pocket movement and his medium range balls were great.

I'm in. It's Miller Time.

Outs to the field aren't Cams strong suit. He just doesn't have that kind of arm. Kinda like Brock.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 03:16 AM
Its gotta be Miller time, passing game is so much better with him in. QP just doesnt see the field or read the defense pre & post snap well. We can use his legs with some packages. Miller showed glimpses in spring and was only a true frosh. Him in there will help free up our backs too. Starting him vs Indiana State is a great opportunity. I love our QB room.

Defense started to dominate halfway through the 3rd after some poor tackling and closing the edge earlier. Guys, this team is loaded with barely any weaknesses, offense may finally click more.

QP2s strengths are running and the deep ball. He's really really good at that. But he is not even close in the short passing game. Will he get there? He has 2 more years

Cam is way better at the short and intermediate throws but if we stick with the read option, defenses will just key in on the running back or expect a pass. They'll figure it out. Makes me wonder if we should do less read option and more under center

CAS4127
10-24-2021, 03:18 AM
This guy knows what he's talking about.

He’s math dealer with no teeth, and, hence, a smooth talkin “man”.

Kevin
10-24-2021, 03:37 AM
He’s math dealer with no teeth, and, hence, a smooth talkin “man”.

Fuck you cas math is for libtards.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 03:57 AM
So I re watched the game when Cam went back in and he was even better than I thought. His running skills have improved a ton. Not the biggest or the fastest but he really has a knack for following blockers and finding the crease

BTW whoever filled in for Dom Izzo (The Zack guy) is fucking awesome. Seriously impressed

OrygunBison
10-24-2021, 04:07 AM
BTW whoever filled in for Dom Izzo (The Zack guy) is fucking awesome. Seriously impressed

Ugh, I felt like it was awful to listen to. WAY over the top with everything. Luckily Kyle is pretty even keeled. Plus Destiny, or is it Sinamon, or Kitty, or Lisa...you know, the sideline blondie.

Snowgoose
10-24-2021, 04:19 AM
Outs to the field aren't Cams strong suit. He just doesn't have that kind of arm. Kinda like Brock.

Bricks are was better than Cams. Cam can still be a nice player as Walker didn’t have a big arm either but was tremendous. My nine year old was so mad in the first quarter yelling at the tv cause he kept saying Watson had one on one press coverage and he wanted bombs all day. He was right.

By the way college football should get rid of the illegal down field penalty like we got on Watson long bomb as it is worthless. Kind of like golf changing rules like u can’t fix a spike mark. It is a stupid worthless rule. Who cares if the TE is covered.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 04:27 AM
Ugh, I felt like it was awful to listen to. WAY over the top with everything. Luckily Kyle is pretty even keeled. Plus Destiny, or is it Sinamon, or Kitty, or Lisa...you know, the sideline blondie.

Its preference. The WDAY thread people seem to love him

The emotion in his voice seems genuine and really captured the vibe of being there in the moment

OrygunBison
10-24-2021, 04:31 AM
By the way college football should get rid of the illegal down field penalty like we got on Watson long bomb as it is worthless. Kind of like golf changing rules like u can’t fix a spike mark. It is a stupid worthless rule. Who cares if the TE is covered.

Well shit, some here want to get rid of the definition of a backward pass in order to allow the rules from a different sport to prevail so....WHY NOT?!? Let's get rid of formation rules as well. Let's also make players dribble the ball, have a continuous clock, and ride broomsticks. Don't forget the penalty box whenever someone commits a flagrant 1 penalty.

OrygunBison
10-24-2021, 04:33 AM
The emotion in his voice seems genuine and really captured the vibe of being there in the moment

I thought he was going to shit his pants a couple of times.

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 04:40 AM
I thought he was going to shit his pants a couple of times.

Good for him. That's a good batch.

MontBison
10-24-2021, 04:46 AM
Thing is with Cam he’s going to throw some picks but would you rather have a qb force passes knowing our Wrs are better than their dbs or just have the ability slam his head into the line. I’d rather have a qb that gives our wrs a chance.

El_Chapo
10-24-2021, 05:06 AM
Quincy is mind fucked, maybe Tyler did that to him. but its there & that's the reason for himself even second guessing himself. He's not bending when he throws and sailing it..

if both QBS can run pretty much the same

then you start the one that can throw... else teams will stack the box on Quincy from now on like MSU, und did.

I'm not sold on Cam either, but you gotta start him now.

(I almost think Cole would be just as good too as he is a better passer than both of them)

Bison03
10-24-2021, 05:12 AM
I think Quincy should still be a part if the offense. Sure, teams will know we are bringing him in to run, but he is still a tough guy to get down.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 05:14 AM
Quincy is mind fucked, maybe Tyler did that to him. but its there & that's the reason for himself even second guessing himself. He's not bending when he throws and sailing it..

then you start the one that can throw... else teams will stack the box on Quincy from now on like MSU, und did.

(I almost think Cole would be just as good too as he is a better passer than both of them)

Teams will adjust. We still didn't see a redzone TD pass today. Cam looks more complete than Quincy but may not have the same upside

We need to get back to using our running backs. Once again, the top 2 rushers were 2 QBs. Otherwise we've lost our identity through Roehl. Might as well just be like Eastern Washington and get a big fluffy defense

123Gobison
10-24-2021, 05:21 AM

Tua Tungailoa part 2. It wont be long before team teams start planning for Cam and shut him down. There is a good chance that QP might enter the transfer portal like Colonel Zeb. We may be going back to the pre 2011 days.

Son of a Bison
10-24-2021, 08:47 AM
Credit to both teams and coaches today. It was fun football to watch. MSU talent level has come a long way in a very short time. Their LBs 5 and 10 were studs. Our RBs and even lineman/TEs had trouble with their physicality. Their LB and secondary had some big hits too especially the one on Luepke in front of our bench. I liked their play on 4 and 1 with the TE delayed throw back design.

They also used their TE and motion to maneuver into trap blocks especially in the first half and I feel we could do more of this as we used to do it. I think our run game has really been missing a dominating FB. We used to be able to lead with our FB on either a DE or LB and win that battle and it allowed us to get 3-5 yards per run instead of the 1-2 we get too often on 1 or 2 down. With the supposed depth and talent at TE, let one of them take some reps at FB. Remember how awesome Andre Bonnet was at this role blocking and then catching passes out of the backfield with his flo and hurdling ability? Pull out the tape from 14/15 and repeat.

Watson can be so dominating at times. He just has a high level of talent and can make big plays with his speed. I would not want to be a DB and have to cover him 1 on 1. He can stretch the field so easily and it gives our offense the ability to score on any play from anywhere on the field. I would like to see some of our other WRs get involved with short passes like slants and crossing routes to get the ball in stride and get more yards after the catch.

Overall, true team effort today. Lots of different players made plays in all 3 phases of the game. Reinholtz went all out to make the tackle on the opening kickoff and then made all his FGs and had solid kickoffs. Cam Miller earned a lot of respect from me today. He came in and led this team to a come from behind win. Cam has been working hard to get better and both he and Quincy Patterson need to continue to push each other to get better in order to make a deep run this postseason.

semobison
10-24-2021, 11:50 AM
QP’s problem is he drops into his spot in the pocket and doesn’t seem to have the ability to step up or slide right or left to make a throw. If he leaves his spot he is taking off running. Fundamentally flawed?

02Bison
10-24-2021, 12:09 PM
Not going to drop names, but the coaches need the reign in the attitude on some of the players. Instill an aura of confidence in them that shines through a spirit of humility. The cockiness is clouding their game and leading to needless penalties.

17>1
10-24-2021, 12:12 PM
Just checking into Bisonville now…figured it might be best to wait it out a bit. Just a few thoughts. First off, credit to MoSt. There are some tremendous athletes on that team, team looked confident and came ready to play. Cam Miller, love what he did coming in off the bench late in the game. Does QP make those same throws to Watson on the sideline/end zone, where he just let him go up and make a play on the ball? I don’t think so. Nice to see Phoenix get one yesterday, maybe he’s as close to healthy as he has been for over a year. Gotta cut down on preventable penalties. Waaaaaay too many!!! Also, look around college football yesterday. A lot of teams lost games against teams that on paper they probably should’ve beaten. Glad the NDSU Bison weren’t one of them. They found a way to win another game. Incredible.

Moving forward. I don’t think we have a very healthy RB room right now. Something is going on. Is it line play, RB health, play calling, stacked boxes? Gotta see improvement there. Does Cam Miller start against the Trees? QP maybe has a shoulder thing per the post game radio?

Anyway, super stressful game but fun. Special teams and defense continue to impress.

7-0! Go Bison!!

Gully
10-24-2021, 01:00 PM
I know MSU had a bunch of transfers....it seemed like they had 18 Seniors playing. I wonder how many of them will be gone next year vs. "COVID Seniors" where they still actually have eligibility left? I know NDSU is listing years with the assumption of counting last spring and has said they'll deal with that question later as they have discussions with individual players. Not sure how MSU is looking at it.

If they are all truly Seniors, they're either going to have a huge dropoff or need to bring in another huge bunch of transfers.

KTF
10-24-2021, 01:14 PM
It was announced on tv they had 30 fbs transfers, most of which were starting yesterday. Not sure how many will graduate but my guess is they will bring in more transfers until Patrino is hired away.

Yesterday's game felt more like a championship game than a conference game.

NDSU92
10-24-2021, 01:16 PM
Not going to drop names, but the coaches need the reign in the attitude on some of the players. Instill an aura of confidence in them that shines through a spirit of humility. The cockiness is clouding their game and leading to needless penalties.

David Braun kinda referenced it in the pregame interview. He said guys need to be filled with confidence instead of spouting out unfounded bravado. There’s absolutely a difference

Wopbison
10-24-2021, 01:47 PM
I've seen some comments on here of people giving TR some slack after yesterday's game and I don't agree with that mindset. CM only got into the game because QP got hurt. It was obvious to me that the O had some extra energy once CM came into the game, you could see and feel it. The play calling was also much improved once CM came in from what we have seen this year. That being the case, if our #2 allows us a bigger playbook, why is he not the one starting? I assume it is TR who makes the call on the starting QB. And yes I understand we may not have our low percentage deep ball with CM, but we get a whole lot more.

GreenfieldBison
10-24-2021, 01:54 PM

I agree with HerdBot. I think he was great. I did not miss the 1660 call at all. Pretty sure that guy was the fourth member of the broadcast team in the first one or two games. He added sideline analysis at that time.

The blonde JMU kid is getting much better. She is still a work in progress but she is getting better and more confident. Might be ready for prime time by the end of the season.

BisonNeil
10-24-2021, 02:11 PM
The refs in the Valley this year have been fucking awful. Apparently COVID cost them to lose all competence.

IMO the Valley refs have never had any competence. Just sayin..

tony
10-24-2021, 02:20 PM

Yeah, Phoenix has been open a lot but has not been getting targets - at least not catchable ones.

Given how fandom works, I'm sure that some people have been claiming that Jasir has been playing poorly... but he's been a big play guy out there.

How lucky are NDSU fans to have Christian Watson on their favorite team? Montrae Braswell did not have a prayer of covering him without interference (not that it'd get called) and/or help. Speaking of which, I am really disturbed by the number of times coaches get the ref to kowtow to their lobbying - like Coach Road Rash did on the illegal man downfield call that robbed CW of a TD. It was not as bad as the ridiculous chop block call from a few years back, but still.

Snowgoose
10-24-2021, 02:21 PM
I've seen some comments on here of people giving TR some slack after yesterday's game and I don't agree with that mindset. CM only got into the game because QP got hurt. It was obvious to me that the O had some extra energy once CM came into the game, you could see and feel it. The play calling was also much improved once CM came in from what we have seen this year. That being the case, if our #2 allows us a bigger playbook, why is he not the one starting? I assume it is TR who makes the call on the starting QB. And yes I understand we may not have our low percentage deep ball with CM, but we get a whole lot more.

Don’t put this all on TR on who makes the call on the QB. Hedberg who we all have deemed is fantastic is the passing game coordinating and QBS coach snd I guarantee he has a vote along with TR but ultimately it is the head coach’s call.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 02:23 PM
NDSU players need taunting training so we can get back to the days of mind fucking teams like they did with GSU and their man bear pig.

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 02:35 PM
NDSU players need taunting training so we can get back to the days of mind fucking teams like they did with GSU and their man bear pig.

It doesn't work like that with this coaching staff. These are PC tik tok dancers we have now. Really funny you should want this. Hilarious actually.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 02:37 PM
It doesn't work like that with this coaching staff. These are PC tik tok dancers we have now. Really funny you should want this. Hilarious actually.

Haha Scottie, I'ma go play some PS5 now.

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 02:40 PM
Haha Scottie, I'ma go play some PS5 now.

You got mossed is up after the commercial break.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 02:46 PM
You got mossed is up after the commercial break.

Thanks. Guess I'll play PS5 a little later

bri-dog
10-24-2021, 02:50 PM
Not a great football mind, but here's my thoughts. QP looks incredibly indecisive. Cam was finding open receivers where QP either didn't look at, or didn't dare throw it. Defense came up HUGE in the 4th quarter. When's the last time we threw a quick slant to a WR? Middle screen? Actually threw to the wheel route guy?

ndsubison1
10-24-2021, 02:52 PM

I agree the play was sloppy yesterday too many penalties. Both sides seemed to be jawing.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 02:55 PM
Not a great football mind, but here's my thoughts. QP looks incredibly indecisive. Cam was finding open receivers where QP either didn't look at, or didn't dare throw it. Defense came up HUGE in the 4th quarter. When's the last time we threw a quick slant to a WR? Middle screen? Actually threw to the wheel route guy?

QP is not a progression passer. If his first read isn't there, he panics and you can see it with his movement in the pocket.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 03:04 PM
Thanks. Guess I'll play PS5 a little later

Boooooooooooo

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 03:05 PM
Boooooooooooo

They don't care anymore.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 03:06 PM
They don't care anymore.

That's it. C-USA here we come.

Tony Almeida
10-24-2021, 03:06 PM
First off, I agree 100% with Cas on the running back situation, everything.

Secondly, Cam looked good out there, but let's not crown him the savior yet. A lot of QBs, when asked to step in middle of a game, are fueled with mental adrenaline that cannot be explained, but for some reason they always come out firing. But Cam has trouble with long balls, like many have alluded to here on BV, I noticed that immediately in the spring when he had trouble hitting Watson in stride and it may have cost a few TDs...but QP has trouble with the short game, as many have also mentioned. Who do you go with? It's a tough one.

And finally, Caoch Roehl needs to be demoted. I've been telling myself to give the guy a chance to mature in his play calling AND play designs, but IMO, I have seen enough now to know he's not going to change.

WeAreThePride
10-24-2021, 03:09 PM
QP is not a progression passer. If his first read isn't there, he panics and you can see it with his movement in the pocket.

That pocket movement was pure Tom Brady on the tying score.

Bison03
10-24-2021, 03:14 PM
And finally, Caoch Roehl needs to be demoted. I've been telling myself to give the guy a chance to mature in his play calling AND play designs, but IMO, I have seen enough now to know he's not going to change.

NDSU is 30-3 in games in which Roehl has called games as offensive coordinator. That is all.

HerdistheWord
10-24-2021, 03:15 PM
First off, I agree 100% with Cas on the running back situation, everything.

Secondly, Cam looked good out there, but let's not crown him the savior yet. A lot of QBs, when asked to step in middle of a game, are fueled with mental adrenaline that cannot be explained, but for some reason they always come out firing. But Cam has trouble with long balls, like many have alluded to here on BV, I noticed that immediately in the spring when he had trouble hitting Watson in stride and it may have cost a few TDs...but QP has trouble with the short game, as many have also mentioned. Who do you go with? It's a tough one.

I think you go with the short/intermediate guy that can sustain drives. Watching us go 3 and out or get a 70 yard TD play is exciting at times, but it does nothing to help our defense get some rest.

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 03:19 PM
NDSU is 30-3 in games in which Roehl has called games as offensive coordinator. That is all.

And he runs the qb so much that he's hurt now. Maybe Tyler should drink two cups of coffee before the game. He's not a player anymore so he can. He seemed to get an adrenaline rush with Cam coming in too. How many fbs wins in those 30 wins?

Tony Almeida
10-24-2021, 03:22 PM
I think you go with the short/intermediate guy that can sustain drives. Watching us go 3 and out or get a 70 yard TD play is exciting at times, but it does nothing to help our defense get some rest.

Good point. But then we also have to think about the running game with our QBs...

Bison 4 Life
10-24-2021, 03:27 PM
Good point. But then we also have to think about the running game with our QBs...

Getting those medium passes dialed in will get the LB's off the line and let the running game open up. Right now everyone has seen QP sail almost everything so a qb who can hit a slant pattern in the numbers is a huge asset.

semobison
10-24-2021, 03:31 PM
That pocket movement was pure Tom Brady on the tying score.

Yep, also on Cam,s TD throw to Sproles he felt the pressure from the outside and stepped up in the pocket to throw. QP hasn’t show the ability to move in the pocket. When he moves he is taking off running.

td577
10-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Yep, also on Cam,s TD throw to Sproles he felt the pressure from the outside and stepped up in the pocket to throw. QP hasn’t show the ability to move in the pocket. When he moves he is taking off running.This is why I would like to see QP rolling out more.

mtoutfitter
10-24-2021, 03:39 PM
I was glad when they rolled him out to the Bench....:D

Tony Almeida
10-24-2021, 03:55 PM

Yes he is, but you're not placing the credit where it's due...the defense. Next year when the Bison lose virtually every single impact player on defense, the offense is going to have to score 40 points a game, and I don't see that happening, IMO. Normally, next man up mentality sets in, but by looking at the depth chart and with Entz's recruiting as of late (before this year) I see a bit of bleakness for the Bison in the foreseeable future, IMO.
I look at it as how many points were left off the board due to Roehl's plays...glass half empty. Sorry.

Opie11
10-24-2021, 04:03 PM

My thoughts exactly on that throw. Announcers were talking about it being underthrown, but it pretty much had to be where it was. I'm not enough of a football mind to know, but the timing being more smooth makes perfect sense to me. I've noticed several plays this year that just had a weird herky, jerky look to them. Like someone's timing was just a little off. CAS has the football knowledge that I don't to pin point the problem.

BisManBison
10-24-2021, 04:03 PM
After yesterday's 4th quarter and the immediate change to the play calling should give everyone pause. I was wondering is it the players or the coaches. My opinion is that QP does not pose a credible passing threat yet for way too many reasons, many of which would make any OC reluctant to go too deep in the playbook. Until he gains some pocket presence and consistency/touch in the short and intermediate passing game we need to go with Cam. And can someone buy Entz a copy of "How Not To Be A Meat Head For Dummies". I seriously shutter every time someone puts a microphone in front of him now.

THEsocalledfan
10-24-2021, 04:14 PM
Anyone who knows football already knows Cam needs to start. However, QP2 is still a weapon to be used. They get a first an goal on the 1, I'd absolutely sent in QP2.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 05:21 PM
Anyone who knows football already knows Cam needs to start. However, QP2 is still a weapon to be used. They get a first an goal on the 1, I'd absolutely sent in QP2.

QP2 needs to get healthy first and take next week off. We need him vs SDSU. We've ran him so much I'm surprised he lasted this long. A throwing shoulder is kind of a big deal for a QB

El_Chapo
10-24-2021, 05:23 PM
QP2 needs to get healthy first and take next week off. We need him vs SDSU. We've ran him so much I'm surprised he lasted this long. A throwing shoulder is kind of a big deal for a QB

Quincy should not play AT SDSU. it's gonna be cold & outside so SDSU will put 8-9 in the box. we GOTTA have a passing threat

El_Chapo
10-24-2021, 05:24 PM

no no. we gotta let them play with Bravado......

semobison
10-24-2021, 05:25 PM
This is why I would like to see QP rolling out more.

Has he shown the ability to throw on the run?

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 05:38 PM
Quincy should not play AT SDSU. it's gonna be cold & outside so SDSU will put 8-9 in the box. we GOTTA have a passing threat

Cold makes it slightly harder to pass, kick and punt. An NFL study once said its about 2% less accurate passing and kicks and punts were 2 to 3 yards shorter

Well probably need to throw less and run more. Probably more play action

SDbison
10-24-2021, 06:08 PM
Anyone who knows football already knows Cam needs to start. However, QP2 is still a weapon to be used. They get a first an goal on the 1, I'd absolutely sent in QP2. Now that would be a poor move. Then there is zero chance of a pass, at least one that would be completed.

17>1
10-24-2021, 06:29 PM

I like the days where all 11 guys were so busy running to the ball on every play that they didn’t have time to stop and taunt

tony
10-24-2021, 06:30 PM
I've looked at all five regular season losses since the start of the 2011 season:

2011 Youngstown State
2012 Indiana State
2015 South Dakota
2016 South Dakota State
2020 South Dakota State

What do they have in common? They were non-named conference home games (not Homecoming, not Harvest Bowl, not Trees Bowls.) Solution: We have to come up with more named games because I think these mid-to-late season unnamed home games might as well be called "The Admiral 'It's a Trap' Ackbowl... and I can't believe that hasn't caught on, btw.

EC8CH
10-24-2021, 06:34 PM
I like the days where all 11 guys were so busy running to the ball on every play that they didn’t have time to stop and taunt

Naw, GSU and man bear pig were being attacked with full on psychological warfare, it was just subtle.

WeAreThePride
10-24-2021, 06:43 PM
I've looked at all five regular season losses since the start of the 2011 season:

2011 Youngstown State
2012 Indiana State
2015 South Dakota
2016 South Dakota State
2020 South Dakota State

What do they have in common? They were non-named conference home games (not Homecoming, not Harvest Bowl, not Trees Bowls.) Solution: We have to come up with more named games because I think these mid-to-late season unnamed home games might as well be called "The Admiral 'It's a Trap' Ackbowl... and I can't believe that hasn't caught on, btw.

Also 2017 SDSU. Fucking hell I hate the bunnies.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-24-2021, 06:51 PM
Marker game no longer going to be lit AF. Take care of business in Brookings and be at home throughout the playoffs.

The marker game is going to be a lot tougher to win. SDSU will have their backs to the wall and cannot afford to loose.

We will have a little more wiggle room.

DAS BISON
10-24-2021, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by HERDBOT in after UND game thread: It's the same game plan we we beat SDSU and James Madison with in 2019 dumb ass. We won both of those remember? UND at their house is not Valpo

What?? Are you not the person who was saying a few weeks back our recipe for success is running the QB 15-20 times?

gavin2126
10-24-2021, 07:16 PM
The marker game is going to be a lot tougher to win. SDSU will have their backs to the wall and cannot afford to loose.

We will have a little more wiggle room.

Agree it’s still going to be very tough. Talking both teams not ranked top 3-4 like everyone expected so not as much hype. Seeing they’re offense struggle yesterday and our defense yesterday I feel a LOT better about our chances, still about a 50-50 game though.

ByeSonBusiness
10-24-2021, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by HERDBOT in after UND game thread: It's the same game plan we we beat SDSU and James Madison with in 2019 dumb ass. We won both of those remember? UND at their house is not Valpo

What?? Are you not the person who was saying a few weeks back our recipe for success is running the QB 15-20 times?

He's enamored with the idea of QP being Vince Young

eman
10-24-2021, 07:17 PM
Yes he is, but you're not placing the credit where it's due...the defense. Next year when the Bison lose virtually every single impact player on defense, the offense is going to have to score 40 points a game, and I don't see that happening, IMO. Normally, next man up mentality sets in, but by looking at the depth chart and with Entz's recruiting as of late (before this year) I see a bit of bleakness for the Bison in the foreseeable future, IMO.
I look at it as how many points were left off the board due to Roehl's plays...glass half empty. Sorry.

You are suck a fucking idiot! can you not read? We have a young defense, our offense is the problem! who is it that we lose that will make us depleted?

Kujava23
10-24-2021, 07:21 PM

Maybe chill on the Quincy cool aid--

What I've seen---
good runner---some speed---runs hard in contact
good arm strength----bad reading coverages and getting to 2nd and 3rd progressions---- slow at making decisions
i really doubt that he can START for two years at NDSU-----and highly doubt NFL
character wise---he seems like a great kid and a good teammate
coaches have been trying to help him be successful (win games) by playing to his strengths

Of course I'm excited for the future at QB----COLE PAYTON

Kujava23
10-24-2021, 07:32 PM
You are suck a fucking idiot! can you not read? We have a young defense, our offense is the problem! who is it that we lose that will make us depleted?

Not getting into argument but pointing out that we DO lose a lot of players on the two deep on defense ( have NO IDEA of who returns with the "extra" covid year) but here are guys listed as SENIORS on our TWO deep on defense
DE Logan McCormick
DE Brayden Thomas
DT Lane Tucker
DT Costner Ching
DT Michael Buetow
LB James Kaczor
LB Jackson Hankey
LB Mason Hofstedt
LB Jasir Cox
FS Dawson Weber
SS Michael Tutsie
CB Destin Talbert

THEsocalledfan
10-24-2021, 07:39 PM
Gabe says QP2 has bad shoulder......was that ever officially confirmed?

tony
10-24-2021, 07:46 PM
Also 2017 SDSU. Fucking hell I hate the bunnies.

I left out a home deal - I meant "every home conference loss" (might as well say "regular season")... we can't name away games so we would have to make them name the game for us (like the 'Stache Out at SIU) to defeat the mojo.

For the record, I don't consider the "Dakota Marker" game to be a named game for anti-bad-mojo purposes because it is divided between Brookings and Fargo.

NodakGreg
10-24-2021, 07:48 PM
Miller starts from here in out………. Fire Roehl at the end of the season unless we win the NC

Your right on B.Schlossman. Its time to put the guys out on the field who will deliver and not play less then their potential. I still feel they can mix QP and Miller on special series in red Zone and keep opposing teams guessing are the Bison going to Run or Throw?

Also Agree on TR - if he continues to play typical Bison predictable play calling, and teams ALL KNOW we are going to RUN it down your throat, well that will work until we play a team with more talent and size and shuts our run game down in a playoff game, then what? We need to use those twin towers on TE's out in the flats and middle, plus Watson is a scarey threat for deep ball at least 4 times a game, once per qtr we are going to win the jump ball or interference for sure...50% of the time.

Are our RB's banged up? I didn't watch the game yesterday but after reading it appears we don't have the run game of RB;s getting 80 each but QP had 100 himself so why is our QB doing all the freaking running?? Cmon TR teach out qb to dump to RB's out in the flat or booging out of there when opportunity is there.

Gotta love our Special teams and Defense. I don't think our O-line coach is getting our lineman to be committed to opening holes.......like they use to... or its because 8 guys are in the box and everyteam knows we are running all the freakin time....

Keep grinding Bison!
Nodak Greg

THEsocalledfan
10-24-2021, 07:48 PM
Now that would be a poor move. Then there is zero chance of a pass, at least one that would be completed.

Note sure it would matter much; not to mention he could "aim" another play action to a wide open receiver. If at the 2, I agree with you.

eman
10-24-2021, 07:56 PM
Not getting into argument but pointing out that we DO lose a lot of players on the two deep on defense ( have NO IDEA of who returns with the "extra" covid year) but here are guys listed as SENIORS on our TWO deep on defense
DE Logan McCormick
DE Brayden Thomas
DT Lane Tucker
DT Costner Ching
DT Michael Buetow
LB James Kaczor
LB Jackson Hankey
LB Mason Hofstedt
LB Jasir Cox
FS Dawson Weber
SS Michael Tutsie
CB Destin Talbert
Exactly! thomas and buetow are grad transfers, from what i have heard the rest will be back

WeAreThePride
10-24-2021, 08:12 PM
I left out a home deal - I meant "every home conference loss" (might as well say "regular season")... we can't name away games so we would have to make them name the game for us (like the 'Stache Out at SIU) to defeat the mojo.

For the record, I don't consider the "Dakota Marker" game to be a named game for anti-bad-mojo purposes because it is divided between Brookings and Fargo.

Oh my bad. I should have figured that.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-24-2021, 08:49 PM
Maybe chill on the Quincy cool aid--

What I've seen---
good runner---some speed---runs hard in contact
good arm strength----bad reading coverages and getting to 2nd and 3rd progressions---- slow at making decisions
i really doubt that he can START for two years at NDSU-----and highly doubt NFL
character wise---he seems like a great kid and a good teammate
coaches have been trying to help him be successful (win games) by playing to his strengths

Of course I'm excited for the future at QB----COLE PAYTON
We need to trust the QB system we have built. No reason to give up on Cam Miller. The guy is still learning by getting thrown into the fire. Our system doesn’t normally have him starting this soon. Our QB recruits are elite and we just need to give them time. Cole and Cam make our QB future look bright, I’m still wondering why people are drinking the QP koolaid…….

ByeSonBusiness
10-24-2021, 08:54 PM
We need to trust the QB system we have built. No reason to give up on Cam Miller. The guy is still learning by getting thrown into the fire. Our system doesn’t normally have him starting this soon. Our QB recruits are elite and we just need to give them time. Cole and Cam make our QB future look bright, I’m still wondering why people are drinking the QP koolaid…….

Kool aid is getting consumed because he has good height...weight...speed...pedigree...all that.

I get it. But he's a senior in college and completes like half his passes on a good day.

VirginiaBison
10-24-2021, 09:55 PM
Springfield MO News-Leader view (https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2021/10/23/missouri-state-football-its-time-match-championship-expectations/6160733001/) "... Defensively, the Bears were great until they needed a big stop. Instead, with its backup quarterback, NDSU drove down 62 yards in 12 plays while milking 7 minutes and 6 seconds off the clock for the go-ahead score. ..." Old time Bison bootball here....

As an aside, QPII's passing problem is he cannot hit a point in time and space. He can only hit an area. That is why the bombs to Watson work.... QPII throws to an area and Watson can run under it. But if QPII is required to pass to a point and time such as a slant pass, a side line pass or a corner pass, check down, etc. .. where it has to be spot on... isn't going to happen.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 10:00 PM

Matt Entz on post-game show. He said he injured it earlier in the year and re injured during the game. A shoulder is apparently important to a QB

scottietohottie
10-24-2021, 10:04 PM
Matt Entz on post-game show. He said he injured it earlier in the year and re injured during the game. A shoulder is apparently important to a QB

Wonder if it's from getting tackled running into the line of scrimmage 15 times a game? Glad we haven't gave this coaching staff to much credit just yet. Trey is lucky Matt and Tyler didn't get him killed. Let Kyle do that at least he's getting paid now.

ByeSonBusiness
10-24-2021, 10:08 PM

Maybe. Maybe not. Kid has never been good at throwing the ball. God bless him. But he ain't equipped to play QB at a high level. Coaches have tried to mask it but it's pretty obvious at this point.

Maybe he'll get it figured out as a super senior or super duper senior /purple

123Gobison
10-24-2021, 10:13 PM
Maybe. Maybe not. Kid has never been good at throwing the ball. God bless him. But he ain't equipped to play QB at a high level. Coaches have tried to mask it but it's pretty obvious at this point.

Maybe he'll get it figured out as a super senior or super duper senior /purple

Same thing was said about Zeb Noland last year

GreenfieldBison
10-24-2021, 10:18 PM

He took a nasty hit directly to that throwing shoulder from a LB yesterday. Was a little slow to get up after that. If he had a pre-existing injury to that shoulder I would be surprised if that hit did not light it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
10-24-2021, 10:40 PM
I'm not necessarily buying that he was that injured. His INT was more of an issue between the earholes than it was an inaccurate pass from what I saw.... way too much indecision. I think this injury is a convenient excuse to start Cam this week and then Entz can play his favorite game the week after this which is "how can I mess with the minds of the SDSU coaching staff?" by making it seem like Quincy may be healthy enough to come back on 11/6.

HerdBot
10-24-2021, 10:44 PM
I'm not necessarily buying that he was that injured. His INT was more of an issue between the earholes than it was an inaccurate pass from what I saw.... way too much indecision. I think this injury is a convenient excuse to start Cam this week and then Entz can play his favorite game the week after this which is "how can I mess with the minds of the SDSU coaching staff?" by making it seem like Quincy may be healthy enough to come back on 11/6.

Of course you don't

Bisonbythelake
10-24-2021, 11:57 PM

That was a great save be Rheiny still did our lazy kick off coverage which we have seen in some earlier games almost burn us?

Bus got 1 carry on a counter for no gain and possibly a loss then he was done for the day. Luepke took a hard shot, I had to believe he went into protocol after that but I swear if I see him in the hybrid position one more time I will lose it! Luepke if healthy needs 15-20 carries. Dom goes down on first contact and he isn't breaking it like he did earlier, if Kazor has to sit out games because he pulled his groin on his honeymoon, than sit Dom until that ankle is 100%. If we are doing the committee thing might as well get TK and maybe Goldaddy or Kartes in some reps.
Luepke, Williams, Gonnella, Bus/Kobe. Speaking of Kobe he had better game but I am starting to wonder about more people on this staff besides TR. I'm not sure Larson is the long term answer at OL Westy Nash and Cordell seem good but not Great Mauch ok and Kubas is meh, why not get the young tackles out their and move Cordell down inside. Bisch isn't really developing the RB room and going full Bisionville here....is Randy still unquestionable after Zeb and QP gotta ask but it seems like some of the decision to roll with those guys has to be on him, still only him and Pauley are the ones I would keep. Tyler... god I hope Idaho fires Petrino' s brother and if they do I personally will buy tickets to Moscow for Tyler to go interview, he can promise to do what Vigen is doing at Mont State... side note...Polasek is about to run himself out of Wyoming and its not even November so maybe he can come back as OL coach. I'd take Messingham back as OC with Polasek as OL... now that would be a major upgrade. Need someone who has more than 1 year experience calling plays at the FCS or FBS level and we need someone who can light a fire under the Rams to pick up a 4th and 2.

QP QP QP.... so maybe he has been hurt but he certainly has regressed. There were some ugly throws yesterday, so ugly I thought the guy was morphing into Springtime Zeb with better calves. He was hesitant and double clutching. He needs to be 1,2..RUN! But he wasn't even ready to do that maybe it was the shoulder. But one thing that makes me think maybe its not all on the coaches is Entz, Cam and Christian said Cam was putting them in the right plays. He "called" the TD pass. Was QP not doing this? Does QP not only have issues running a simple boot play but he can't check them out of bad plays (and our OC calls a lot of "bad plays") like the Sophomore. QP is gifted... I don't really want to move him and if we did I would move him to RB but I think its Miller time. QP should still have a package like SIU uses Williams but he would be better than Williams cause QP can throw deep with accuracy certainly on the sneaks he should be out there.

Miller was really outstanding .. I don't believe there is an entirely different package for him, if there is (like oh lets call some screens) then that's because Quincy can't make the same throws if this is the case than it is time to go with Cam.. Cam runs it well enough that TR should be happy to try it 10 times a game instead of the 20 carries QP was getting. Cam can hit the short and intermediate throws and I can live with that. The playmakers can turn those throws into TDs. The OutNUp was accurate enough although that was pure Watson.

Penalties were ugly yesterday. Its obvious this crew likes to be "involved" in the game and that white hat loves his TV time. I loved the sideline penalty when Entz was yelling at the guy he has the WHOLE white line to run down. Did anyone see if actually did trip or run into someone in the whiteline?

The called back touch down looked legit to me. Babicz needs to know and see that play calls for CW to be on the line. just line up off the line like a slot and he's fine. Instead he gets too close to the line and it looks like he is covered. At least the Illegal formation plays were cutting both ways, its obvious that linesman has a bug up his butt about the helmets being through the centers mid-section. It had to be OL and TEs off, WRs can ask if they are on or off and the guy will tell them.

No problems with the Targeting. Weber needs to use shoulder on a hit like that or get his head in front. Yep it sucks it took him out, it sucks we didn't get the call against UNI but I fully support this rule and think players should still be sent to the locker. Concussions are no joke, neither are broken necks. The safety of the game is why most people don't want their kids to play and we need to take these types of hits out of the game for the good of the game.

Shit talking is part of the game, hell its why most of us are here in Bisonville, Shit talking is the favorite male past time. I don't mind the way Watson gives it back, I think Weber probably takes it most to the edge,We need to be smart that it doesn't cost us a big play on offense or defense. We aren't some SoCon school we are the defending champions of the real FCS football championship like to see us act like it and when these clown teams come in and go JSU rise above it and drive their ass back through the end zone.

Petrino as repugnant a person he is had the Bears ready to go and has a lot of talent there. They got so many FBS guys I consider that to be our FBS win for the year. We didn't play all that well and yet still found a way to win. EWU and Bunnies go down and EKU is going to be SHSUs "big win" we should be slotted #1 seed vs their schedule if we can win out. I think SIU could make a great case they should be #2. Would be great to win the Natty and the outright MWC against the girly dogs in the final.

GreenfieldBison
10-25-2021, 12:23 AM
Damn. I sure hope we can notch a couple W’s this year.

Where do we stand anyway?

MAKBison
10-25-2021, 12:41 AM
The group with the Lets Go Brandon s sign was halarious.

More hilarious was when the showed durring the sign cam segment. By the cheers it won hands down

Tony Almeida
10-25-2021, 01:51 AM
Exactly! thomas and buetow are grad transfers, from what i have heard the rest will be back

God you're moron.

MAKBison
10-25-2021, 01:57 AM
He took a nasty hit directly to that throwing shoulder from a LB yesterday. Was a little slow to get up after that. If he had a pre-existing injury to that shoulder I would be surprised if that hit did not light it up.

2 hits directly on that shoulder, but he also lowered it to give a hit while he was going oob after. Hard to know 4 sure.

If I recall skeletor made a kinda snarkey post game comment something something qp3 can throw a nice long ball and run.... The undertone meaning thats all he can do and good luck with that.

TAILG8R
10-25-2021, 02:49 AM
Has he shown the ability to throw?

Fixed that for you

ndsubison1
10-25-2021, 02:23 PM
Another reason to start Cam besides looking better is we have Indiana State coming up then SDSU. I doubt QP would play bad enough to get benched after Indiana State. Id rather have Cam as starter heading into SDSU than QP.

Herd
10-25-2021, 03:06 PM
Seems like MO State plan coming into the Fargo was . . .
1) Start Fast (check)
2) Talk shit to rile up the bison (check)
3) Get in our heads including Entz, to cause lots of penalties. (check)

Had to be a entertaining game for Petrino, he hit on a lot of what he was trying to accomplish. Seeing a pissy Entz in the presser afterward had to be the icing on the cake. Wise up NDSU, you are better than that, pure entertainment for Petrino.

Most of the coaches in the MVFC aren't going to outgame you with intelligence (Spack, Farley), but Bobby Petrino's a different guy. He's going after you mentally. Entz was an easy target. Guys like Stig have integrity and don't coach the kind of stuff Petrino does. Petrino's integrity? Well . . .

Bisonbythelake
10-25-2021, 05:07 PM
Guys like Stig have integrity

Yeah Johnny “Two Drink Minimum” Stig is a classy act… love ya Herd but Holy nutmeg that is some funny shit.

Mr Meaty
10-25-2021, 05:42 PM
It might have been discussed already and I missed it, but I do believe the targeting call on Weber was the correct call. Yes, I know there has been some wrong calls on this penalty this year. The biggest problem I have with the penalty is the time a players is ejected. Weber was ejected around 12-13 minutes left in 3rd quarter. He now gets to sit out the first half of next weeks game. That is almost a whole game penalty. If he would have been ejected with 1:00 left in the game or first half it would only be like a 31 minute penalty. There needs to be a change in the enforcement. Big difference in 31 minutes and 58 minutes for a penalty.

StecMSU
10-25-2021, 05:53 PM
Seems like MO State plan coming into the Fargo was . . .
1) Start Fast (check)
2) Talk shit to rile up the bison (check)
3) Get in our heads including Entz, to cause lots of penalties. (check)

Had to be a entertaining game for Petrino, he hit on a lot of what he was trying to accomplish. Seeing a pissy Entz in the presser afterward had to be the icing on the cake. Wise up NDSU, you are better than that, pure entertainment for Petrino.

Most of the coaches in the MVFC aren't going to outgame you with intelligence (Spack, Farley), but Bobby Petrino's a different guy. He's going after you mentally. Entz was an easy target. Guys like Stig have integrity and don't coach the kind of stuff Petrino does. Petrino's integrity? Well . . .

We talk shit against everybody so it isn't any special ingredient that Petrino cooked up specifically for the Bison. Petrino's teams have always had that edge at Louisville, at Western Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisville the first time, and hell even going back to his days at Carroll College in Montana. Bob Sr.'s teams had an edge and so do Paul Petrino's teams. Runs in the family. So does winning football oddly enough. The integrity stuff is kind of low-hanging fruit. If you knew the Petrinos, you would see that he is a good man who made a mistake. I have made many mistakes in my life and have been blessed with second chances as well.

Since you brought up Stiegelmeier, I ran into him at a Missouri high school football game once and he was a real nice man. I agree with you that he has integrity and is a gentleman, but I wouldn't make that point at the expense of Bobby Petrino. Off my soapbox now, good luck against the Trees.

GreenfieldBison
10-25-2021, 05:57 PM
It might have been discussed already and I missed it, but I do believe the targeting call on Weber was the correct call. Yes, I know there has been some wrong calls on this penalty this year. The biggest problem I have with the penalty is the time a players is ejected. Weber was ejected around 12-13 minutes left in 3rd quarter. He now gets to sit out the first half of next weeks game. That is almost a whole game penalty. If he would have been ejected with 1:00 left in the game or first half it would only be like a 31 minute penalty. There needs to be a change in the enforcement. Big difference in 31 minutes and 58 minutes for a penalty.

Yeah good point. Perhaps it should be in terms of game minutes.

I have no problem with that call either taken by itself. Where I do have a problem is when you compare this one to the “missed” one the week before against Watson. I don’t understand how they could (IMHO) whiff that one so badly and with the benefit of review to boot!

EC8CH
10-25-2021, 06:12 PM
We talk shit against everybody so it isn't any special ingredient that Petrino cooked up specifically for the Bison. Petrino's teams have always had that edge at Louisville, at Western Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisville the first time, and hell even going back to his days at Carroll College in Montana. Bob Sr.'s teams had an edge and so do Paul Petrino's teams. Runs in the family. So does winning football oddly enough. The integrity stuff is kind of low-hanging fruit. If you knew the Petrinos, you would see that he is a good man who made a mistake. I have made many mistakes in my life and have been blessed with second chances as well.

Since you brought up Stiegelmeier, I ran into him at a Missouri high school football game once and he was a real nice man. I agree with you that he has integrity and is a gentleman, but I wouldn't make that point at the expense of Bobby Petrino. Off my soapbox now, good luck against the Trees.

http://youtu.be/9TZMrxTbnXA

As for Stig when I make a mistake doing my taxes I might forget to carry a digit in addition, when he makes a mistake doing his taxes is drunk drives his car into the ditch.

BattleBorn
10-25-2021, 06:54 PM
http://youtu.be/9TZMrxTbnXA

As for Stig when I make a mistake doing my taxes I might forget to carry a digit in addition, when he makes a mistake doing his taxes is drunk drives his car into the ditch.

Yikes... that is not a flattering video. At any rate, good luck to Missouri State the rest of the season. Been there a couple of times and always had fun.

Herd
10-25-2021, 07:30 PM

Have you watched the Arkansas Firing video? Good man with a small slip up? Hardly, he pretty much destroyed an amount of trust for him in Arkansas. there's a huge iceberg below the surface with that guy.

You might talk shit vs everyone now, but that's not Mo St before Petrino. It was strategic to the gameplan in Fargo . . . and hell, it worked.

Bisonbythelake
10-25-2021, 08:11 PM
The nicest thing you can say about “Bobby” is he is not Paul. Idaho went to FBS Bowl games under friggin Robb Akey. Paul has demolished the program to the point they fight PSU to top the bottom of the Big Sky and PSU hates their football team! This was a team that able to get at least one NFL caliber player before Paul. His biggest contribution to the program has been some embarrassing post game handshakes after his team gets trounced. He should be fired.

Bobby is who he is just keep the AD interns from him and have the president signoff on anyone he hires. Maybe he and his failson can stick around long enough to get bumped back to a desperate FBS school.

No passes for hypocrite holy rollers like Stig though. He should have at least one game where he donates his check to MADD. His face should appear on every SDSU scoreboard with him warning against the dangers of drunk driving. That would show contrition people f up and I’m ok with a just punishment and a second chance. He’s lucky to be alive and that he didn’t kill someone. But apparently if you are a high enough official in SD you can just run over people and no one cares.

HerdBot
10-25-2021, 08:38 PM
Yeah Johnny “Two Drink Minimum” Stig is a classy act… love ya Herd but Holy nutmeg that is some funny shit.

Tons of integrity. He has a QB who is knocked unconscious and he brings him back in. Fake injuries to save TOs. The Joose.

EC8CH
10-25-2021, 08:45 PM
Yikes... that is not a flattering video. At any rate, good luck to Missouri State the rest of the season. Been there a couple of times and always had fun.

Search for Bobby Petrino on Youtube. It's the second result. First result is titled: "Bobby Petrino failed the Atlanta Falcons in every way | The Worst NFL Coaching Hire".

Missery State trolls are apparently thrilled though he represents their program.

StecMSU
10-25-2021, 08:47 PM
Have you watched the Arkansas Firing video? Good man with a small slip up? Hardly, he pretty much destroyed an amount of trust for him in Arkansas. there's a huge iceberg below the surface with that guy.

You might talk shit vs everyone now, but that's not Mo St before Petrino. It was strategic to the gameplan in Fargo . . . and hell, it worked.

I am sure I watched the Jeff Long press conference (Arkansas AD back in 2012) but I don't remember anything about it. I can tell you that if the Arkansas fans were in charge of picking coaches they would bring Petrino back in a Bentonville minute. They've lost 5 straight to Mizzou and I think 9 in a row to Texas A&M. The Pit Boss has turned them around a bit this year, but Arkansas as a state loves Bobby Petrino. The university fired him for legal reasons and liability stuff. That's it.

I wasn't at the game in Fargo this past Saturday so I don't know exactly what you are speaking of, but if some trash talk really bothered NDSU to that degree, they are very lucky they weren't facing the early 1990s Miami Hurricanes! If they got off to a poor start because Petrino got in their heads then I wouldn't worry about making travel plans to Frisco this January. I truly doubt that is the case if I am being frank, but if you are the one who is correct, then that softer than your grandmother's knoephla attitude isn't going to get you very far.

GreenfieldBison
10-25-2021, 09:07 PM
I am sure I watched the Jeff Long press conference (Arkansas AD back in 2012) but I don't remember anything about it. I can tell you that if the Arkansas fans were in charge of picking coaches they would bring Petrino back in a Bentonville minute. They've lost 5 straight to Mizzou and I think 9 in a row to Texas A&M. The Pit Boss has turned them around a bit this year, but Arkansas as a state loves Bobby Petrino. The university fired him for legal reasons and liability stuff. That's it.

I wasn't at the game in Fargo this past Saturday so I don't know exactly what you are speaking of, but if some trash talk really bothered NDSU to that degree, they are very lucky they weren't facing the early 1990s Miami Hurricanes! If they got off to a poor start because Petrino got in their heads then I wouldn't worry about making travel plans to Frisco this January. I truly doubt that is the case if I am being frank, but if you are the one who is correct, then that softer than your grandmother's knoephla attitude isn't going to get you very far.

Pretty sure that absolutely nobody outside of Patty Viverino should be giving any advice to any NDSU anybody about travel plans for Frisco, TX. Nobody.

OK, well, you work for Frisco Chamber of Commerce or Visitors Bureau? Ok, speak up then and only then.

Bisonbythelake
10-25-2021, 09:22 PM

Lol from what I saw the Bison were giving back as good as they got and they still won the game with our back up.

Cred to the Bears they got off to a good jump and well coached teams continue to pile up points. I’m not sure why anyone thinks Petrino won some kind of mental victory. He’s the one who brain farted in the two minute drill and didn’t call a TO until 4th and Never. You know being an NFL experienced coach you think he wouldn’t lose it like that at such a critical time.

As for Entz calling a TO to work the refs not the best move but maybe it paid off in that flag or two was a little slower to come out. At least he wasn’t getting red faced at his players like Mr Selfless and his fat hobbit son on the other sideline. That had to be some encouragement!

Now go beat SIU so we can win the conference outright and if your team is so well coached maybe we will see you in the playoffs.

scottietohottie
10-25-2021, 09:30 PM
softer than your grandmother's knoephla attitude isn't going to get you very far.

Can we go off of grandma's? Lakes just got off yours.

Bison 4 Life
10-25-2021, 09:44 PM
Lol from what I saw the Bison were giving back as good as they got and they still won the game with our back up.

Cred to the Bears they got off to a good jump and well coached teams continue to pile up points. I’m not sure why anyone thinks Petrino won some kind of mental victory. He’s the one who brain farted in the two minute drill and didn’t call a TO until 4th and Never. You know being an NFL experienced coach you think he wouldn’t lose it like that at such a critical time.

As for Entz calling a TO to work the refs not the best move but maybe it paid off in that flag or two was a little slower to come out. At least he wasn’t getting red faced at his players like Mr Selfless and his fat hobbit son on the other sideline. That had to be some encouragement!

Now go beat SIU so we can win the conference outright and if your team is so well coached maybe we will see you in the playoffs.

Watson embarrassed their yippy fuck in the 4th quarter, it was beautiful.

ballparkfrank
10-25-2021, 09:48 PM
Tons of integrity. He has a QB who is knocked unconscious and he brings him back in. Fake injuries to save TOs. The Joose.

On Stigs; excellent points on him putting a kid back in the game who was clearly dinged, and the fake injuries were rampant with them. But here is a true story you might find interesting. At some point after Christian Rozeboom twisted Bruce Andersons leg in the pile AFTER the play; I chose to email Coach Stigs. I also felt that he "seemed" like a decent guy etc. So I emailed Coach Stigs and said; "Coach, I am surprised that with the Levon Perry; Bruce Anderson; and several other plays piling on after the whistle etc.; I am surprised you have not disciplined any of these players. His reply; "You come down to my office and watch video with me; and I will show YOU who plays dirty, and it's the Bison!!

Stigs can't even spell integrity; before or after a six pack of Joose.

StecMSU
10-25-2021, 09:49 PM
Missery State trolls are apparently thrilled though he represents their program.

He's represented us just fine since he's been in town. The stuff from the past doesn't really bother me much. The common criticisms are he job hops frequently, he once rode on a motorcycle with someone who wasn't his wife, and he left the Atlanta Falcons early because no one told them that their prized QB was involved in a dog fighting ring and would be spending time in Leavenworth instead of in team meetings.

Where I come from, the dude involved in the dog fighting and the killing of the dogs would face a tougher road to redemption than the guy who got frustrated by the QBs actions and bailed. He made mistakes as did Michael Vick and I am glad that both have found some measure of redemption.

I've sat through many football games where Missouri State was dreadful and the opposing coaches spoke glowingly of the MSU coaching staff and opposing fans did the same. You lose 52-10 and they pat you on the head and say how good of a man Terry Allen/Dave Steckel is and how you are on the right path, etc, etc. Then you hire a top notch coach and you start to win and then people don't like you as much. I can live with that. Like Al Davis once said "just win, baby."

GreenfieldBison
10-25-2021, 10:47 PM
He's represented us just fine since he's been in town. The stuff from the past doesn't really bother me much. The common criticisms are he job hops frequently, he once rode on a motorcycle with someone who wasn't his wife, and he left the Atlanta Falcons early because no one told them that their prized QB was involved in a dog fighting ring and would be spending time in Leavenworth instead of in team meetings.

Where I come from, the dude involved in the dog fighting and the killing of the dogs would face a tougher road to redemption than the guy who got frustrated by the QBs actions and bailed. He made mistakes as did Michael Vick and I am glad that both have found some measure of redemption.

I've sat through many football games where Missouri State was dreadful and the opposing coaches spoke glowingly of the MSU coaching staff and opposing fans did the same. You lose 52-10 and they pat you on the head and say how good of a man Terry Allen/Dave Steckel is and how you are on the right path, etc, etc. Then you hire a top notch coach and you start to win and then people don't like you as much. I can live with that. Like Al Davis once said "just win, baby."

Nah. Culture matters. We know you’re hungry and we get it. But you gotta sleep at night without having to wear a full body sized condom man.

EC8CH
10-25-2021, 10:49 PM

Ha! No one talked glowing about Steckel. Guy was an ass. The Fargo media would constantly rip on what a jerk he was to everybody.

Congratulations on taking the crown from Youngstown for bringing the most disgraced and unliked coach to the MVFC.

Him losing his shit for a false start and not calling a time out was so perfect. Maybe he should hire a 20 something blonde assistant to watch the clock for him?

EC8CH
10-25-2021, 10:53 PM
Watson embarrassed their yippy fuck in the 4th quarter, it was beautiful.

That was good. Their player with the biggest mouth was the most over matched. They could have burned him on every single coverage he had. Cam said as much in the presser when they changed Watson to a go route when they saw him in single coverage.

GreenfieldBison
10-25-2021, 10:58 PM
That was good. Their player with the biggest mouth was the most over matched. They could have burned him on every single coverage he had. Cam said as much in the presser when they changed Watson to a go route when they saw him in single coverage.

All Watson would have had to do was run at 7/8 speed on his route and have SU QB throw the ball out well ahead. Accelerate, catch, spike, smack, done!

EC8CH
10-25-2021, 11:06 PM
On Stigs; excellent points on him putting a kid back in the game who was clearly dinged, and the fake injuries were rampant with them. But here is a true story you might find interesting. At some point after Christian Rozeboom twisted Bruce Andersons leg in the pile AFTER the play; I chose to email Coach Stigs. I also felt that he "seemed" like a decent guy etc. So I emailed Coach Stigs and said; "Coach, I am surprised that with the Levon Perry; Bruce Anderson; and several other plays piling on after the whistle etc.; I am surprised you have not disciplined any of these players. His reply; "You come down to my office and watch video with me; and I will show YOU who plays dirty, and it's the Bison!!

I don't buy Stig's awe shucks routine for a second.

Bison 4 Life
10-25-2021, 11:21 PM
I don't buy Stig's awe shucks routine for a second.

To be fair, it's probably pretty frustrating to lose 27 out of 36 meetings in your career to the same team including every time in the playoffs.

Bisonbythelake
10-26-2021, 12:42 AM
The common criticisms are he job hops frequently, he once rode on a motorcycle with someone who wasn't his wife…. I can live with that.

Not to pile on Stec but the issue is he didn’t go for “a ride” he Fing CRASHED the bike with the bimbo floozy he had hired for a no work (clearly she had job duties) positon. Oh yeah he was paying her with Department funds….and the kicker was she just happened to not be his wife.

Enjoy him while you got him but realize this is your dude and he’s got more baggage than KCI.

Twincitybizon
10-26-2021, 02:27 AM
Not to pile on Stec but the issue is he didn’t go for “a ride” he Fing CRASHED the bike with the bimbo floozy he had hired for a no work (clearly she had job duties) positon. Oh yeah he was paying her with Department funds….and the kicker was she just happened to not be his wife.

Enjoy him while you got him but realize this is your dude and he’s got more baggage than KCI.

Also she was engaged to another guy. Lol

HerdBot
10-26-2021, 02:51 AM

We don't play dirty. We play physical. He's just mad they can't throw a flag for tackling or blocking someone too hard

Bisonbythelake
10-26-2021, 10:49 AM
Also she was engaged to another guy. Lol

LOL the Cherry on top I forgot that part !! Right up there with doing the presser in a neck brace with his face covered in road rash. For Pete sake, Zoom calls weren’t around then call in by speakerphone. But yeah Bobby is a 3 dimensional chess player.

Professor Chaos
10-26-2021, 12:26 PM
Bobby P was just a few years early with his cop out on the Falcons. These days he could just resign, say he needs to focus on his mental health, and then waited a week or two before signing with Arkansas. He would've been lauded for his bravery then.

bisontown
10-26-2021, 01:03 PM

If you've reached the point where you are emailing opposing coaches after a game, maybe you should take a break.....

scottietohottie
10-26-2021, 01:05 PM
If you've reached the point where you are emailing opposing coaches after a game, maybe you should take a break.....

No kidding. Only guy I ever emailed was Lee Timmerman and the was just to tell him he fucking sucks so bad I watch the games on mute. Witty bugger sent back thanks for watching!

EC8CH
10-26-2021, 02:22 PM
No kidding. Only guy I ever emailed was Lee Timmerman and the was just to tell him he fucking sucks so bad I watch the games on mute. Witty bugger sent back thanks for watching!

Scottie Hottie you're my hero.

Bisonbythelake
10-26-2021, 02:33 PM

I got a sirius XM survey once and I said their college football morning show went to shit after they hired Greg and Taylor “Brah radio Brah”. The producer sent me a note and asked me why i thought the show sucked and I gave him 10 reasons and he said “thanks for the feedback”. McClroy is still not a fav but he’s gotten better doing color.

BISONBRI53
10-28-2021, 04:09 PM

Ask yourself why the playbook runs deeper? He almost lost Tyler his job

Tyler loses his own job if they couldn't figure this out weeks ago... Don't you put your best players on the field? If you don't know the playbook by now then it is time for a change.

Professor Chaos
10-28-2021, 04:18 PM
Tyler loses his own job if they couldn't figure this out weeks ago... Don't you put your best players on the field? If you don't know the playbook by now then it is time for a change.
I think the whole reason why Quincy won the starting job is because he looks like the better player. He's bigger, faster, stonger, and has a better arm than Cam. All that said Cam is the better QB for this offense if he's able to accurately get the ball out on time more consistently than Quincy did. They don't need a QB that can run for 100 yards a game... just one that can keep defenses honest and hurt them with his legs if they're not. It's more important to have a QB that can accurately get the ball to the superbly talented pass catchers they have on this offense.

BISONBRI53
10-28-2021, 05:12 PM

The discipline of the Bison has been going down for years. Going back to CK... This is the worst ive seen it though.

El_Chapo
10-28-2021, 05:23 PM
The discipline of the Bison has been going down for years. Going back to CK... This is the worst ive seen it though.

The Cockiness/Swagger is FINE. You gotta have that nowadays, sorry. It's the way it is. Jayden Price housing a kick & tossing the ball into this stands was AWESOME!

Discipline for offsides/alignments, etc is a whole nother thing

BISONBRI53
10-28-2021, 05:29 PM
The Cockiness/Swagger is FINE. You gotta have that nowadays, sorry. It's the way it is. Jayden Price housing a kick & tossing the ball into this stands was AWESOME!

Sideline penalties, False starts, too many men on the field, not enough men on the field... walk with all the swag you want... but have the basics down first.

THEsocalledfan
10-28-2021, 05:36 PM

That is not Bison football and never will be. Those are me plays......winning is a we play.

mtoutfitter
10-28-2021, 05:57 PM
That is not Bison football and never will be. Those are me plays......winning is a we play.

Very well said!

cbline
10-28-2021, 06:10 PM
Very well said!

I am constantly reminded of Barry Sanders. "Act like you've been there before."

Hammerhead
10-28-2021, 06:14 PM
So when do we start putting names on the backs and break out the black, gray and camo jerseys?

Bison Fan 17
10-28-2021, 08:17 PM

Since when did a 15yd penalty become AWSOME? Stupid ass penalty. You want that crap go watch Coach Prime's goons or Cocky nation.

56BISON73
10-28-2021, 09:55 PM

Discipline is discipline. Its not something you can turn off when you choose. You need to be disciplined to NOT put your team in a bad position.

Bisonbythelake
10-28-2021, 10:10 PM
Sideline penalties, False starts, too many men on the field, not enough men on the field... walk with all the swag you want... but have the basics down first.

In their defense the sideline call last Saturday could’ve been just a pissy crew that likes their tv time Entz was yelling back at the guy. I’d love to see the film on what earned them the actual penalty. Kramer is the “get back coach” so I don’t think he is one to screw things up consistently.

TAILG8R
10-28-2021, 11:07 PM
In their defense the sideline call last Saturday could’ve been just a pissy crew that likes their tv time Entz was yelling back at the guy. I’d love to see the film on what earned them the actual penalty. Kramer is the “get back coach” so I don’t think he is one to screw things up consistently.

Was it the first warning where the offense and special teams were both on the field because the refs were busy circle jerking trying to finalize a call that would determine whether it was 4th down or a first down. I was so pissed it resulted in a sideline infraction because it was absolutely the reffing crews fault for not being to make a damn decision which is way too common in the MVFC.