kab1one
10-12-2021, 08:54 PM
EL Chapo rant starts NOW!

BISONBRI53
10-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Pud DII shit there!

Hammerhead
10-12-2021, 09:06 PM
Sounds like someone is 'fraid to schedule the other three teams from the Dakotas. :biggrin:

Herd
10-12-2021, 09:06 PM
UND Leveraging the fact that MN wants no part of NDSU or SDSU. Bubba flailing for a win, this is as close as he'll get. Elite scheduling by Fleck and MN.

Snowgoose
10-12-2021, 09:15 PM
This does stink as they clearly do not want to play us and neither do most FBS schools. Stinks for us as fans. Plus I hate hearing how good the Goofs are now and it wouldn't be a game which is a joke.

scottietohottie
10-12-2021, 09:17 PM
Imagine what tis will do teh da hockey eh

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-12-2021, 09:21 PM
Hey mods. Please move this pile-of-steaming-dung thread to where it belongs:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-News-About-Other-Schools

It has nothing to do with Bison FB

DakotaOkie
10-12-2021, 09:25 PM
And Iowa State in 2029...

TAILG8R
10-12-2021, 09:27 PM
A good program could really use regional FBS games as a powerful recruiting tool against us ...

El_Chapo
10-12-2021, 09:41 PM
well the monopoly is over....

what a joke. the longer NDSU stays FCS the more Matt/Dean look like idiots

THEsocalledfan
10-12-2021, 09:45 PM
A good program could really use regional FBS games as a powerful recruiting tool against us ...

Thank the heavens they have the Bubba!

Professor Chaos
10-12-2021, 10:22 PM
This does stink as they clearly do not want to play us and neither do most FBS schools. Stinks for us as fans. Plus I hate hearing how good the Goofs are now and it wouldn't be a game which is a joke.
Meh... as a fan I wouldn't trade what UND has done the last few years for what NDSU has done just for a couple games with teh Goophers.

We'll be alright. ;)

EC8CH
10-12-2021, 10:30 PM
Meh... as a fan I wouldn't trade what UND has done the last few years for what NDSU has done just for a couple games with teh Goophers.

We'll be alright. ;)

It's just more hilarious that the goofs won't schedule NDSU. Makes their fans look pathetic downplaying the beatings they've taken years ago because their program is so scared they won't dare schedule even the chance of getting embarrassed again.

marenlee
10-12-2021, 10:52 PM
Adding insult to injury. UND schedules Iowa State for 2029.

https://fbschedules.com/iowa-state-adds-north-dakota-to-2029-football-schedule/?fbclid=IwAR1Hl3QK1A20m3aINTar4EZA0orgoBFb87KM3CjM 2JMAcS8XD4VnNEV83JQ

ByeSonBusiness
10-12-2021, 11:32 PM
It's just more hilarious that the goofs won't schedule NDSU. Makes their fans look pathetic downplaying the beatings they've taken years ago because their program is so scared they won't dare schedule even the chance of getting embarrassed again.

I mean, they've played NDSU 3 times. It doesn't really make them look bad to anyone outside of the Fargodome/West Lot.

Never understood why people feel entitled to continue to play them. They got room for one FCS team on their schedule, not sure why they should go out of their way to play one of the few who they can count on to probably give them a good game. They don't want a good game. I'm assuming it would defeat the purpose of even scheduling the game.

EC8CH
10-12-2021, 11:34 PM
I mean, they've played NDSU 3 times. It doesn't really make them look bad to anyone outside of the Fargodome/West Lot.

Never understood why people feel entitled to continue to play them. They got room for one FCS team on their schedule, not sure why they should go out of their way to play one of the few who they can count on to probably give them a good game. They don't want a good game. I'm assuming it would defeat the purpose of even scheduling the game.

That you feel this way gives me further confidence in my assertion.

El_Chapo
10-12-2021, 11:39 PM
gophers admin & fanbase want NOTHING to do with NDSU

joe maturi said it to me face. "we will NEVER schedule NDSU in football again. no way"

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-13-2021, 12:52 AM
gophers admin & fanbase want NOTHING to do with NDSU

joe maturi said it to me face. "we will NEVER schedule NDSU in football again. no way"

And why would they schedule us if we were FBS???? We will always be second tier to them unless we join the Big 10. Honestly this is one of the repercussions of being such a dominant team. Until we suck or join the MWC I don’t think this changes. They can’t afford another FBS team in their region to kick their butt……

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-13-2021, 12:53 AM
Adding insult to injury. UND schedules Iowa State for 2029.

https://fbschedules.com/iowa-state-adds-north-dakota-to-2029-football-schedule/?fbclid=IwAR1Hl3QK1A20m3aINTar4EZA0orgoBFb87KM3CjM 2JMAcS8XD4VnNEV83JQ

They have a full schedule of P5 FBS games until 2030…….. sucks by why would you schedule NDSU instead

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2021, 01:39 AM
If only Ndsu were the flagship… :(

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-13-2021, 03:01 AM
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t Iowa and Iowa State both play UNI (not Drake) on a regular basis?

Sorry Goldy but this has "Loser" written all over it.

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2021, 04:10 AM
Helps that UNI and Iowa st/Iowa are in the same state.

And nobody in Minnesota thinks the gophers are good. You can usually tell how the seasons gonna go after the first game.

ByeSonBusiness
10-13-2021, 04:23 AM
Helps that UNI and Iowa st/Iowa are in the same state.

And nobody in Minnesota thinks the gophers are good. You can usually tell how the seasons gonna go after the first game.

I was under the impression (could be wrong) that Iowa/St have a legislative obligation to play UNI? Even if that's not the case, easy to justify playing the local FCS team.

Minnesota on the other hand, doesn't have a local FCS team to schedule.

ByeSonBusiness
10-13-2021, 04:23 AM
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t Iowa and Iowa State both play UNI (not Drake) on a regular basis?

Iowa State literally played Drake like a year or two ago lmaooo.

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-13-2021, 10:10 AM
Iowa State literally played Drake like a year or two ago lmaooo.

But is it a regular occurrence? It seems like they play UNI all the time and it's often a good game.

Goldy has more than a few regional FCS teams he could schedule. They’ve just become super selective, apparently.

THEsocalledfan
10-13-2021, 11:56 AM

My understanding that is partly due to political pressure wanting to keep the money all in state and it helps fund UNI. They regularly play Iowa and Iowa St. basically every other year, so yearly at least one P5 game for them.

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-13-2021, 01:48 PM
My understanding that is partly due to political pressure wanting to keep the money all in state and it helps fund UNI. They regularly play Iowa and Iowa St. basically every other year, so yearly at least one P5 game for them.

Thanks. I thought it was something like that. I didn’t look up the recent schedules, which is why I have no idea how often the Cyclones play Drake, but good on IA and their 3.155M people for the way they manage their 3 scholarship D1 FB programs. I would say they do it quite well.

gavin2126
10-13-2021, 06:54 PM
Thanks. I thought it was something like that. I didn’t look up the recent schedules, which is why I have no idea how often the Cyclones play Drake, but good on IA and their 3.155M people for the way they manage their 3 scholarship D1 FB programs. I would say they do it quite well.

The year the Cyclone/Drake game came about was the year the Iowa State/SDSU was started and then cancelled due to weather. The Cyclones had Incarnate Word lined up as a replacement for the last week of the season, but UIW made the playoffs and backed out so they scrambled and played Drake.

pucknut9
10-14-2021, 02:27 AM
UND Leveraging the fact that MN wants no part of NDSU or SDSU. Bubba flailing for a win, this is as close as he'll get. Elite scheduling by Fleck and MN.

I highly doubt Bubba will be the coach by then. Hell I’m surprised he still is now

EC8CH
10-14-2021, 02:33 AM
I highly doubt Bubba will be the coach by then. Hell I’m surprised he still is now

Im convinced there are double agent NDSU boosters supporting Bubba and a lifetime contract at UND.

ByeSonBusiness
10-14-2021, 03:09 AM

I think he's done about as good as und can get.

TAILG8R
10-14-2021, 03:40 AM
I think he's done about as good as und can get.Yep. Minnesota should have learned it's lesson years ago when they fired Mason. He was doing about as well as anyone can be expected to there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
10-19-2021, 05:03 PM
I think he's done about as good as und can get.

Yes, Yes........ Bubba's contract needs to be extended.