PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Game 6 Preview: Illinois State

tony
10-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Assuming that Illinois State doesn't decide not to play anybody any time, NDSU has to travel there to play while ISU-Red has had a bye week to prepare.

El_Chapo
10-11-2021, 05:44 PM
sneaky little game here.

23Bison
10-11-2021, 06:35 PM
35-3 would be ok.

Hammerhead
10-11-2021, 06:42 PM
35-3 would be ok.

Is that the halftime or final score. :)

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2021, 06:44 PM
I'm just hoping for a nice crisp fall day and to find an actual tailgate.

Mr Pep Band
10-11-2021, 06:51 PM
Trap game @ isuR this weekend. Don't go conservative. Be efficient and keep the ball.

Bison should roll 39-14.

Kevin
10-11-2021, 06:55 PM
oi TCSF any idea what the spread is/should be for this one?

Hammerhead
10-11-2021, 06:56 PM
Trap game @ isuR this weekend. Don't go conservative. Be efficient and keep the ball.

Bison should roll 39-14.

https://pics.awwmemes.com/sweep-the-leg-no-mercy-omeneral-h-young-kyle-1-60-52773410.png

TAILG8R
10-11-2021, 06:58 PM

Bison should roll 39-14.

Not sure they can score one TD let alone two.

Mr Pep Band
10-11-2021, 07:14 PM
Not sure they can score one TD let alone two.

If the the Redbirds stick with the run, then I agree they won't score 14. But if they start airing it out like UNI did last weekend I could see a few big plays where our defense has a coverage lapses.

El_Chapo
10-11-2021, 07:18 PM
oi TCSF any idea what the spread is/should be for this one?

by my ndsu gambling prowess. I suggest NDSU - 14.5
(that'll entice alot of bettors & ndsu haters to take the points in hope of a garbage TD cover) then it ends up 35-14 & Vegas wins again.

Professor Chaos
10-11-2021, 07:31 PM
I get kinda nervous that this is a team NDSU could beat with a super conservative offensive game plan so they'll then go with a super conservative offensive game plan.

Illinois St has been throwing the ball more since they switched QBs a few games ago but they are not a good team and they don't have James Robinson to carry them on his back anymore.

IndyBison
10-11-2021, 07:37 PM
I'm just hoping for a nice crisp fall day and to find an actual tailgate.I may be going this week also as I don't have a game at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
10-11-2021, 08:39 PM
50% of their fans tailgating won't even go into the stadium. It is homecoming so tailgating will be crazy.

northendzone
10-11-2021, 09:17 PM
50% of their fans tailgating won't even go into the stadium. It is homecoming so tailgating will be crazy.

Great topic, speaking of tailgating, a couple of us will be driving from Michigan to the game and trying to decide if we bring my smoker/grill and do a tailgate. Anyone else coming and want to join?

StL Bison Fan
10-12-2021, 12:55 AM
Great topic, speaking of tailgating, a couple of us will be driving from Michigan to the game and trying to decide if we bring my smoker/grill and do a tailgate. Anyone else coming and want to join?

We were thinking of doing the same

blackdiamond2
10-13-2021, 05:29 AM
https://goredbirds.com/watch/?Archive=18775&type=Archive - ILS preconference - if you want to watch the stache rehash the Championship game from years ago.

BattleBorn
10-13-2021, 12:37 PM
Looks like I'll have two unused, reserved tailgate spots, thanks to the KY Middle School football playoffs. If anyone wants them, hit me up. I'll have a group there (just not me).

EDIT: 2 Tickets available, parking passes gone.

Herd
10-13-2021, 12:46 PM
I get kinda nervous that this is a team NDSU could beat with a super conservative offensive game plan so they'll then go with a super conservative offensive game plan.

Illinois St has been throwing the ball more since they switched QBs a few games ago but they are not a good team and they don't have James Robinson to carry them on his back anymore.

That comment is something only a pansy a$$ gopher fan would say. Tighten the belt on your skirt.

Professor Chaos
10-13-2021, 01:57 PM
That comment is something only a pansy a$$ gopher fan would say. Tighten the belt on your skirt.
I don't wear a belt.

totoinfl
10-13-2021, 03:04 PM

Running the football is going to be hard for the birds...if they don't have a receiver with Weston's speed and ability, they will have a hard time consistently moving the ball through the air (that guy was open a lot and caught the ball a lot, the others not so much). A let down after two games against ranked teams is always possible, but unless it is the mother of all let downs, the Bison should be fine.

TAILG8R
10-13-2021, 03:15 PM
Running the football is going to be hard for the birds...if they don't have a receiver with Weston's speed and ability, they will have a hard time consistently moving the ball through the air (that guy was open a lot and caught the ball a lot, the others not so much). A let down after two games against ranked teams is always possible, but unless it is the mother of all let downs, the Bison should be fine.

Somehow I don't feel like this team will have a let down game at any point this year. I think they struggled enough last year that they aren't full of themselves enough to look past anyone or have a hangover from a big win.

However well or not well they have played this year I have a gut feeling they are very focused.

tony
10-13-2021, 03:32 PM
OK, I had the thread title wrong... bah... it is not Game 7, it's week 7.

ISU-Red's punter has a really big leg. They don't have John Ridgeway in the middle anymore but it seems like his backup was pretty good too. They are big and physical on defense.

Missouri State held them to 40 yards rushing on 31 attempts! I suspect that the Bears stacked the box and decided that ISU-Red couldn't beat them through the air.

Professor Chaos
10-13-2021, 03:52 PM
OK, I had the thread title wrong... bah... it is not Game 7, it's week 7.

ISU-Red's punter has a really big leg. They don't have John Ridgeway in the middle anymore but it seems like his backup was pretty good too. They are big and physical on defense.

Missouri State held them to 40 yards rushing on 31 attempts! I suspect that the Bears stacked the box and decided that ISU-Red couldn't beat them through the air.
And they did beat MSU through the air in the first half. Their QB Waring had 200+ yards passing in the first half with several explosive plays. Not sure what Missouri St did in the 2nd half but they intercepted him 3 times (the first coming at the tail end of the first half) and held him to less than 100 yards passing in the 2nd half.

I could see ISUr getting more yards through the air with Waring then they would've with their old QB Jefferson but I think they'll have issues finishing drives on the NDSU defense when the field gets condensed or when they get behind the sticks on 1st and 2nd down and the D-line can get after the QB. The Bison defense should have some opportunities for some takeaways as well.

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2021, 04:59 PM
And they did beat MSU through the air in the first half. Their QB Waring had 200+ yards passing in the first half with several explosive plays. Not sure what Missouri St did in the 2nd half but they intercepted him 3 times (the first coming at the tail end of the first half) and held him to less than 100 yards passing in the 2nd half.

I could see ISUr getting more yards through the air with Waring then they would've with their old QB Jefferson but I think they'll have issues finishing drives on the NDSU defense when the field gets condensed or when they get behind the sticks on 1st and 2nd down and the D-line can get after the QB. The Bison defense should have some opportunities for some takeaways as well.

Apparently, Jefferson is starting Saturday

tony
10-13-2021, 05:03 PM
I don't wear a belt.

You don't have to wear a belt if you don't wear pants... usually. It's science.

I'm going to have to watch some ISU-Red games this week.

Professor Chaos
10-13-2021, 05:11 PM
Apparently, Jefferson is starting Saturday
Interesting... I didn't realize he was hurt, I thought he was just benched due to ineffectiveness. He's 18-39 for 253 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT on the season in 2+ games. His stat line against Western Michigan was impressively awful: 8-19 for 29 yards and 1 INT... that's a whopping 1.5 yards per pass attempt. As a team in that game they had 57 yards of total offense.

Notebook article from their beat writer: https://pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/watch-now-franky-west-moves-into-starting-role-with-illinois-state-defense/article_bcb8d108-25e6-529e-a100-b717ba6d5b2a.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=undefined_Pantagraph

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2021, 07:57 PM

Looks like it might be windy. We'll see how passing efficiency suffers.

Professor Chaos
10-13-2021, 08:37 PM
Looks like it might be windy. We'll see how passing efficiency suffers.
As long as it's not the same weather they had down there in 2017 when the Bison came to town. :)

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/91/460/9460091.png?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,offset-y0.50&width=1200&height=630

blackdiamond2
10-13-2021, 09:06 PM
Jefferson was out with shoulder injury I heard. It sounds like he will be ready to go Saturday.

BisonHorns
10-13-2021, 09:36 PM
If I remember correctly, right after the Redchickens pulled out of the spring season they had a pqck of players leave the team. I wonder how that all went down?

tony
10-13-2021, 10:09 PM
Interesting... I didn't realize he was hurt, I thought he was just benched due to ineffectiveness. He's 18-39 for 253 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT on the season in 2+ games. His stat line against Western Michigan was impressively awful: 8-19 for 29 yards and 1 INT... that's a whopping 1.5 yards per pass attempt. As a team in that game they had 57 yards of total offense.

Notebook article from their beat writer: https://pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/watch-now-franky-west-moves-into-starting-role-with-illinois-state-defense/article_bcb8d108-25e6-529e-a100-b717ba6d5b2a.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=undefined_Pantagraph

I just watched the parts of the Missouri State v ISU-Red game that made it onto ESPN+... that ISU QB throws a nice ball and their receivers are good, but either Missouri State is awesome this year or ISU is not very good.

EC8CH
10-13-2021, 10:15 PM
I just watched the parts of the Missouri State v ISU-Red game that made it onto ESPN+... that ISU QB throws a nice ball and their receivers are good, but either Missouri State is awesome this year or ISU is not very good.

They lost to Youngstown.

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2021, 12:26 AM
As long as it's not the same weather they had down there in 2017 when the Bison came to town. :)

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/91/460/9460091.png?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,offset-y0.50&width=1200&height=630

We did have fun that day. Fans were crazy

tony
10-14-2021, 12:40 AM
Normal, IL is the site of the Rivian factory (an electric truck with 800 hp and 900 ft-lbs of torque.)

2022 Rivian R1T Electric Pickup Embraces Duality (caranddriver.com) (https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a37764475/2022-rivian-r1t-drive/)

I wonder if they do tours?

oldmantutters
10-14-2021, 01:49 AM
Normal, IL is the site of the Rivian factory (an electric truck with 800 hp and 900 ft-lbs of torque.)

2022 Rivian R1T Electric Pickup Embraces Duality (caranddriver.com) (https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a37764475/2022-rivian-r1t-drive/)

I wonder if they do tours?

Those are sweet! I'm not on the electric bandwagon yet but before the F-150 Lightnings were announced, the Rivians had piqued my interest.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

IndyBison
10-14-2021, 04:14 AM

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/91/460/9460091.png?fit=bounds&crop=1200:630,offset-y0.50&width=1200&height=630I was working a D3 playoff game 2 miles away at Illinois Wesleyan that day. Most miserable I've ever been on a football field.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2021, 04:08 PM
We did have fun that day. Fans were crazy

I've never felt so wet and cold in my life. I literally changed into dry everything in my car parked on the street behind the stadium before the drive home.

StL Bison Fan
10-14-2021, 06:27 PM
I've never felt so wet and cold in my life. I literally changed into dry everything in my car parked on the street behind the stadium before the drive home.

I bought the last rain suit at the Walmart. Dry until the end.
Put wet stuff in a bag, stopped up the hill at dunkin donuts and started for home.

Bison03
10-15-2021, 10:05 PM
Redbirds are not good. And they have not been good against the Bison. I dont see how their offense scores on us. The line is like 21. I dont see why this game should be closer then 21.

56BISON73
10-16-2021, 12:06 AM
I bought the last rain suit at the Walmart. Dry until the end.
Put wet stuff in a bag, stopped up the hill at dunkin donuts and started for home.

I watched the game from home. Couldnt believe all the different weather changes that took place in one game. As a matter of fact we were laughing about it. Then my wife said---if we were there we wouldnt be laughing. Looked miserable.

westnodak93bison
10-16-2021, 12:15 AM
Redbirds are not good. And they have not been good against the Bison. I dont see how their offense scores on us. The line is like 21. I dont see why this game should be closer then 21.Never under estimate a Polasek disciple's willingness to be stubborn and run between the tackles to no avail. Its the only way the Bison lose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

56BISON73
10-16-2021, 01:03 AM
Never under estimate a Polasek disciple's willingness to be stubborn and run between the tackles to no avail. Its the only way the Bison lose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All they have to do is bounce outside instead of running up the ass of your oline. :sigpalm:

BisonHorns
10-16-2021, 01:18 AM
The stash giveth and the stash taketh away.

Bisonwinagn
10-16-2021, 02:48 AM
Reminds me of the UND game with a team coming off a bye and in a must win situation, on the road. This could be another 16-10 win.

BisonHorns
10-16-2021, 03:11 AM
If you listened to Spack's weekly talk he is pretty straight forward about his team being too young and not enough experience. I felt like he was predicting the loss already.

StL Bison Fan
10-16-2021, 04:44 AM
I watched the game from home. Couldnt believe all the different weather changes that took place in one game. As a matter of fact we were laughing about it. Then my wife said---if we were there we wouldnt be laughing. Looked miserable.

It’s always fun when it’s over and you are warm.
It was like being in ND except we didn’t have extreme heat before changing to rain and snow