PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Game 5 Preview: UNI

tony
10-02-2021, 11:54 PM
The game was last spring very even though UNI didn't have much of an offense. No they are rolling.

There were no turnovers at all and only two penalties. UNI had the ball with seconds left to score to force the game into OT or to win it with a TD.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 12:31 AM
Game is down to standing room only tickets until Friday when the unused UNI tickets go on sale and probably a few hundred more. This may be a tough one to get a ticket for.

tony
10-03-2021, 01:12 AM
i am coming to Fargo for this one.

I freaking hate UNI... but in a "You magnificent bastards"* kind of way. Completely different vibe than the "You cheap bastards I hope you choke on your Taco Johns" way (SDSU) or "I can't even look at your pathetic passive-aggressive fan base because I don't want to get infected with that and I hope you choke on your all-you-can-eat-breadsticks" (UND) way.

* Also in a "You have no business giving such a hard time in the regular season if you are going to get your asses kicked in the playoffs by some weak-ass non-conference opponent" way.

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 02:06 AM
Much respect for UNI program. Hope our OC has a game plan that doesn't involve 19 QB carries.

bajadanny
10-03-2021, 02:19 AM
Much respect for UNI program. Hope our OC has a game plan that doesn't involve 19 QB carries.

Sorry to say but that’s his plan, finally figured out there is a tight end tho

Kevin
10-03-2021, 02:24 AM

I freaking hate UNI... but in a "You magnificent bastards"* kind of way. Completely different vibe than the "You cheap bastards I hope you choke on your Taco Johns" way (SDSU) or "I can't even look at your pathetic passive-aggressive fan base because I don't want to get infected with that and I hope you choke on your all-you-can-eat-breadsticks" (UND) way.

* Also in a "You have no business giving such a hard time in the regular season if you are going to get your asses kicked in the playoffs by some weak-ass non-conference opponent" way.

Uni was cheap long before little brother got the idea.

MinotBison
10-03-2021, 03:37 AM

I wouldn't count on it.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2021, 03:38 AM
Hard to see NDSU winning this game with as inept and one dimensional as the Bison offense looked today. UNI's defense is much better than UND's defense is. Really hoping Roehl and offense prove me wrong but I don't think the NDSU defense can hold the revitalized UNI offense under Michigan St transfer Theo Day at QB to the single digit point total they'd need to in order to cover for a toothless Bison passing game.

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 05:26 AM
UNI has a QB & Farley can't be shitty forever...or can he.....

sold out game & its homecoming and TEN TIMES bigger than the game yesterday, plus we treated und like a scrimmage & didn't show Farley our plays.

cmon kfgo & forum idiots, let's see you talk this game up more ya dweebs

123Gobison
10-03-2021, 05:47 AM
Next week against UNI is a fucking fist fight. Its always been that way every year.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2021, 06:03 AM
UNI beats us, we get the UNI treatment where our offense can't find the endzone. Defense keeps it close because it's what we do, but I predict lots of 4th down attempts - maybe not quite at their own 20, but why fear our offense?

tony
10-03-2021, 03:15 PM
I don't think NDSU loses many recruiting battles to UNI... but the one that sticks in my mind is Jared Brinkman. He'd have looked good in a Bison uniform.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 03:31 PM
Next week against UNI is a fucking fist fight. Its always been that way every year.

They Live style fist fight.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 03:33 PM

We've been running our QB that much for years bro.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2021, 04:23 PM
We've been running our QB that much for years bro.
Care to guess how many times Easton Stick or Carson Wentz had 19 rush attempts or more in a single game in their NDSU careers?

Bison 4 Life
10-03-2021, 04:28 PM
Care to guess how many times Easton Stick or Carson Wentz had 19 rush attempts or more in a single game in their NDSU careers?

Easton Stick had 18 in the Natty against EWU.

That was just the first search I tried.

123Gobison
10-03-2021, 06:36 PM
I don't think NDSU loses many recruiting battles to UNI... but the one that sticks in my mind is Jared Brinkman. He'd have looked good in a Bison uniform.

Oh we have lost quite a few, Ezrah Szczyrbak , Duncan Ferch, Cal Twait are a few I can remember.

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 07:14 PM
Oh we have lost quite a few, Ezrah Szczyrbak , Duncan Ferch, Cal Twait are a few I can remember.

Terrell Sinkfield, Benny Sapp Omar Brown all 3 stars in the Twin Cities

El_Chapo
10-04-2021, 03:24 PM
Soooo. what ya guys thinking about this game, they are gonna come in and punch us in the mouth. we need to be prepared

ZHerd
10-04-2021, 03:33 PM
We shouldn’t pass against UNI. Other teams might be on to us, gameplan for a pass, and we’d lose our element of surprise. Let’s just run Quincy up the gut.

pantherhawkrolling
10-04-2021, 04:33 PM
Even though I am a Panther fan, I have not picked the Panthers to beat the Bison for the better part of a decade. And I am not going to pick them now, simply because with the series history being what it is that would be a bit absurd.

I will say that UNI generally does not field balanced teams, and this year is the first balanced team they have had for probably 15 or so years. Everything is running well, they have a disciplined, physical defense with excellent corners, an experienced and large line, a talented stable of running backs, and now, it would seem, a quarterback. There's no doubt in my mind that this is UNI's best chance to beat NDSU at home in a decade.

So we'll see what happens. But I'm pretty much never wrong about the Panthers, and while I cannot in good conscience predict a win, I think they have at least a 40% shot.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2021, 04:44 PM
Even though I am a Panther fan, I have not picked the Panthers to beat the Bison for the better part of a decade. And I am not going to pick them now, simply because with the series history being what it is that would be a bit absurd.

I will say that UNI generally does not field balanced teams, and this year is the first balanced team they have had for probably 15 or so years. Everything is running well, they have a disciplined, physical defense with excellent corners, an experienced and large line, a talented stable of running backs, and now, it would seem, a quarterback. There's no doubt in my mind that this is UNI's best chance to beat NDSU at home in a decade.

So we'll see what happens. But I'm pretty much never wrong about the Panthers, and while I cannot in good conscience predict a win, I think they have at least a 40% shot.

Big NDSU line, and I'm all over UNI in this one.

Bisonator98
10-04-2021, 04:46 PM
Only guarantee is either Farley gonna Farley or Roehl gonna Roehl and probably both so wtf knows who wins*

*maybe it'll end in a tie**
**wait is that possible in college

Bison03
10-04-2021, 04:57 PM
Everyone talking about how high powered their offense is since switching quarterbacks. Excuse me if I am not impressed with putting up a lot of points against sac state. St Thomas, and Youngstown.

tony
10-04-2021, 05:01 PM
UNI is way better than UND. Way better.

Bisonator98
10-04-2021, 05:09 PM

Because I comes after D? or some other reason??:)

Mr Pep Band
10-04-2021, 05:22 PM
Really looking forward to this game, got tickets back when they went on sale anticipating a great homecoming game. I see UNI as the MVFC rival that UND wishes they could be. SDSU still has that little brother feel to them.

I remember by freshman year in 2009 when UNI came to town, and was it Paschal? that got a unsportsmanlike penalty on the sideline? Dirty game and that started my hatred of the Panthers.

2010 went to the UNI Dome and watched us get sacked 10 times or so, ugly. Plus their dome has terrible echo's, not good for music. Makes the Fargodome sound like Broadway.

And then the NOISE of 2011 when the Fargodome earned its home-filed advantage moniker.

Every game since then has had some worry to it, either from injuries, Farley, or just the fact that UNI always fields a competitive team against NDSU. I'm sure in someway, they don't like they way we came in the conference, and then went on a tear grabbing title after title.

Bison03
10-04-2021, 06:16 PM
I think “UNI loud” returns this weekend.

bison22
10-04-2021, 06:29 PM
No worries. Bison got this! Gonna be a fun one as always

DAS BISON
10-04-2021, 07:43 PM

I'm guessing Zero to None. 2021 QP 41 Rushing Attempts thru 4 games. 2018 Easton Stick 66 Rushing attempts thru 8 games.

IMO: 7-8 rushes is fine, 10-12 if exploiting their D. 19-20 Gonna be running thru a lot of QBs.

Bisonwinagn
10-05-2021, 03:34 AM
So this seems like another 10-9 game? First one to 10 wins!!

bruinbison
10-05-2021, 10:10 AM

Are you mixing Jake Brinkman in there? Older brother to Jared - was at NDSU a couple years. I don’t remember a NDSU offer to Jared, but could be wrong. Jared has turned into a fine college player though.

Jared had an article on a recruiting visit to Fargo and hadn’t received an offer as of the date of the article

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Iowa-lineman-Jared-Brinkman-takes-an-unofficial-visit-to-North-Dakota-State-74995579/

For the 2nd week in a row NDSU faces a NFL prospect at LT - Waletzko Fighting Hawks and now a high draft prospect in Panther Trevor Penning. iirc Bison offered Trevor’s younger brother Jared, but missed out to UNI there. Don’t see Jared on UNI’s 2-deep, so he is either hasn’t made it yet or is injured.

Two names on the 2-deep I recognize, CB Stefan Black & OT Tristan Roper, both had NDSU offers. Roper is backing up T Penning. Black was offered 1st by NDSU (metro KC area) but committed to Air Force. Later on he decommited and ended up signing with UNI.

CB Omar Brown was a really nice get for Northern Iowa. NDSU offered, but may have gotten distracted elsewhere (?) but anyways Brown was the 8th ranked prospect in Minnesota that year.
https://247sports.com/Player/Omar-Brown-46052316/high-school-212542/

One player I always kept an eye on for recruiting was WR Isaiah Weston from Albertville MN.
Turned out alright for UNI - don’t remember NDSU ever offering though…guess that WR from Florida that class turned out alright for the Bison…

bruinbison
10-05-2021, 11:03 AM
Terrell Sinkfield, Benny Sapp Omar Brown all 3 stars in the Twin Cities

Don’t remember a NDSU offer to Benny Sapp - link?
Sapp was a transfer out of Minnesota Gophers (grad?)

Terrell Sinkfield was a long time ago - he originally signed in the NFL in 2013 so college recruiting was before 2010.

achrist70
10-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Are you mixing Jake Brinkman in there? Older brother to Jared - was at NDSU a couple years. I don’t remember a NDSU offer to Jared, but could be wrong. Jared has turned into a fine college player though.

Jared had an article on a recruiting visit to Fargo and hadn’t received an offer as of the date of the article

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Iowa-lineman-Jared-Brinkman-takes-an-unofficial-visit-to-North-Dakota-State-74995579/

For the 2nd week in a row NDSU faces a NFL prospect at LT - Waletzko Fighting Hawks and now a high draft prospect in Panther Trevor Penning. iirc Bison offered Trevor’s younger brother Jared, but missed out to UNI there. Don’t see Jared on UNI’s 2-deep, so he is either hasn’t made it yet or is injured.

Two names on the 2-deep I recognize, CB Stefan Black & OT Tristan Roper, both had NDSU offers. Roper is backing up T Penning. Black was offered 1st by NDSU (metro KC area) but committed to Air Force. Later on he decommited and ended up signing with UNI.

CB Omar Brown was a really nice get for Northern Iowa. NDSU offered, but may have gotten distracted elsewhere (?) but anyways Brown was the 8th ranked prospect in Minnesota that year.
https://247sports.com/Player/Omar-Brown-46052316/high-school-212542/

One player I always kept an eye on for recruiting was WR Isaiah Weston from Albertville MN.
Turned out alright for UNI - don’t remember NDSU ever offering though…guess that WR from Florida that class turned out alright for the Bison…

Jared has started every game at LG

semobison
10-05-2021, 12:57 PM
I think “UNI loud” returns this weekend.

10 years ago doesn’t seem very long ago to this old guy. October 29th 2011 #3 NDSU beats #2 UNI 27-19 in a sold out Fargodome for their first win against the Panthers in 4 games in MVFC play. Biggest home DI win ever at the time? I still hate UNI!

El_Chapo
10-05-2021, 01:28 PM
Don’t remember a NDSU offer to Benny Sapp - link?
Sapp was a transfer out of Minnesota Gophers (grad?)

Terrell Sinkfield was a long time ago - he originally signed in the NFL in 2013 so college recruiting was before 2010.

Im saying NDSU shouldve offerred Sapp.

pantherhawkrolling
10-05-2021, 03:09 PM
Im saying NDSU shouldve offerred Sapp.

Sapp is a really good player. He's about as good as his dad and his dad played in the NFL for a number of years. His dad also went to UNI, so that likely played a role in his transfer decision.

El_Chapo
10-05-2021, 04:39 PM
I want Pat Paschall to do the cointoss.....

wheres the hype for this game?? Fargo media is such a joke, biggest game of the year....

Mr Meaty
10-05-2021, 05:36 PM

wheres the hype for this game?? Fargo media is such a joke, biggest game of the year....

They blew their load last week.

tolnabison
10-05-2021, 05:38 PM

I feel like Jeff and Andy have been doing a great job of pumping up the game on the insiders show. Flip side, don't know how many casual fans listen to the show. More probably watch the news.

I do agree, this game right here is by far the biggest game of the season. We can get this one we have a good shot going undefeated into SDSU.

tony
10-05-2021, 06:01 PM
I feel like Jeff and Andy have been doing a great job of pumping up the game on the insiders show. Flip side, don't know how many casual fans listen to the show. More probably watch the news.

I do agree, this game right here is by far the biggest game of the season. We can get this one we have a good shot going undefeated into SDSU.

Yep, Bison1660 is doing their part.

bruinbison
10-05-2021, 06:40 PM
Jared has started every game at LG

Thanks, I don’t know how I went from one Penning right past the next one, but anyways here is the depth chart from last weekend’s UNI game I was using. Page 10 of the guide. So as mentioned Jared Penning starting at LG next to older brother Trevor. Big dudes, just the way I always remember Panther OLines to be when NDSU 1st started in the MVFC.
6’ 7” 321 LT
6’ 6” 338 LG
6’ 6” 320 C
6’ 6” 329 RG
6’ 8” 320 RT

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/uni.sidearmsports.com/documents/2021/9/29/UNI_vs_Youngstown.pdf

Herd
10-05-2021, 06:46 PM

UND was max effort, UNI . . . well?

Professor Chaos
10-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Dom is trying to help Chapo PUMP IT UP with some video from the old Paschall/Fort skirmish in 2009.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1445462890106875910

BISONBRI53
10-05-2021, 08:47 PM

Honestly I think every game here on out is our biggest game of the year after what we saw this past weekend...

Grizzled
10-05-2021, 09:20 PM
Lots of people at work still talking about the game last weekend. Lots of season ticket holders in that group so they will come around and get there. Some uncertainty after last weekend tends to keep the chatter down.

tolnabison
10-05-2021, 09:26 PM
Lots of people at work still talking about the game last weekend. Lots of season ticket holders in that group so they will come around and get there. Some uncertainty after last weekend tends to keep the chatter down.

Looks like a good turn out for the game is expected. Kolpack tweeted this on Monday. One thing to consider is row crop harvest is in full swing that might keep some farmers away.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1445100030755581958?s=20

El_Chapo
10-06-2021, 12:45 AM
Dom is trying to help Chapo PUMP IT UP with some video from the old Paschall/Fort skirmish in 2009.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1445462890106875910

fuck yaaaaaaa

EC8CH
10-06-2021, 01:48 AM
fuck yaaaaaaa

Flawless reply.

CAS4127
10-06-2021, 02:28 AM
Yep, Bison1660 is doing their part.

I remember vaguely 1660 shitting themselves over the fact that our QBs completed passes to 8-10 different receivers in a single game (think: spreading the wealth around) back in the good old days.

I like the good old days ... along with featured RBs, who, in the current scenario, should be Luepke, Dom and Bussey, although I feel Raja would be fucking outstanding at RB/TB.

But I don’t know shit about football, so those are just my thoughts and soft feelings.

tony
10-06-2021, 02:34 PM
UNI went down a spot in the polls despite blowing out Youngstown State. Doesn't really matter as they have lots of chances to prove themselves but still kind of odd.

FrozenTech
10-06-2021, 03:35 PM
UNI is going to be an interesting game. I agree with Cass that they need to narrow down the RB field a bit. Halftime at the UND game I was like "Don't like QP run to the outside and Feed Lupeke damn it. A screen pass from the I wouldn't go amiss either." I eventually got two out of three.

But seriously, if you're going to run the ball this much and basically give up your passing game, I want to see Lupeke in the I... with another fullback leading the way. And then I want to see a play action pass out of the same set to a TE. Please?

ndsubison1
10-06-2021, 04:26 PM
I remember vaguely 1660 shitting themselves over the fact that our QBs completed passes to 8-10 different receivers in a single game (think: spreading the wealth around) back in the good old days.

I like the good old days ... along with featured RBs, who, in the current scenario, should be Luepke, Dom and Bussey, although I feel Raja would be fucking outstanding at RB/TB.

But I don’t know shit about football, so those are just my thoughts and soft feelings.

Id love to see Raja more. We have so much talent.

Bisonbythelake
10-06-2021, 06:46 PM

I want to see everybody more, this offense is uber talented, matchup nightmare Mathis is back too, Sproles has just as much big play potential as Christian and #1 is a game changer and I will say it just like Trey and like one Randy Moss yep I said it.. Randy was more consistent and got more chances to be at Marshall but Christian has all the potential to do the same. What about DJ and Jake? They could be as good as RJ and Zach.

We know how good our TEs are and Luepke is a monster. Kobe hasn’t broken one yet but that RB room is full of talented backs. I love Dom but Tammerick can carry that rock too If we have handcuffs it’s time to take them off. QP has a 60% completion rate he can hit the throws. we have 3 starters on the ol who have significant experience we need to unleash this on the Valley and let everyone know what they are in for this fall and it starts by going off on Farley’s purple paper panthers.

Tyler needs to feed the stars and there is more than one star ready to rise on this team.

Kujava23
10-06-2021, 07:09 PM

So much talent ----but yet don't make an effort to get more players involved (alas WR and TE)

cbline
10-06-2021, 07:46 PM
So much talent ----but yet don't make an effort to get more players involved (alas WR and TE)

Christian Watson vs. UND - one touch on a kickoff return. How can this be? Someone explain this to me. Granted I did not see the game, but someone tell me how this is acceptable.

THEsocalledfan
10-06-2021, 07:51 PM
Christian Watson vs. UND - one touch on a kickoff return. How can this be? Someone explain this to me. Granted I did not see the game, but someone tell me how this is acceptable.

Ross did a nice job in his film review. He showed at least two sweeps that were a read for QP2 where UND sold out to stop Christian, and QP2 made the right read and had big runs both times. Yes, he did not get the ball and needs to get the ball, but they clearly tried.

Professor Chaos
10-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Ross did a nice job in his film review. He showed at least two sweeps that were a read for QP2 where UND sold out to stop Christian, and QP2 made the right read and had big runs both times. Yes, he did not get the ball and needs to get the ball, but they clearly tried.
Not really sure if that was the case the whole time or if they were just using Watson as a decoy later on... here's one later in the game that Ross highlighted: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1445371167062245385

It looked to me more like they were trying to use Watson to pull the LBs to the field side so Quincy would have less resistance on the boundary side.

That may have been because that's exactly what happened this play which looked to be more of a read: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1445220028228546560

The DE (#46) is all on Watson. Both LBs not on the LOS are flowing with Watson. Consequently, it opens up the QB keep for a 20+ yard gain.

TAILG8R
10-06-2021, 09:59 PM
Not really sure if that was the case the whole time or if they were just using Watson as a decoy later on... here's one later in the game that Ross highlighted: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1445371167062245385

It looked to me more like they were trying to use Watson to pull the LBs to the field side so Quincy would have less resistance on the boundary side.

That may have been because that's exactly what happened this play which looked to be more of a read: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/status/1445220028228546560

The DE (#46) is all on Watson. Both LBs not on the LOS are flowing with Watson. Consequently, it opens up the QB keep for a 20+ yard gain.

Watch that play a few times. Watch half the UN_ defense key on Watson to the point of being no help for any other play. LOL pretty entertaining to watch actually.

EC8CH
10-06-2021, 10:05 PM
Watch that play a few times. Watch half the UN_ defense key on Watson to the point of being no help for any other play. LOL pretty entertaining to watch actually.

Big Undies likes it almost as much as he likes Bubba go for it call on fourth and 1 from his own 20.

Kevin
10-06-2021, 10:31 PM
Big Undies likes it almost as much as he likes Bubba go for it call on fourth and 1 from his own 20.

Whenever I'm frustrated at work I just think about that play and laugh.

Of all the shit he could have done. Like SDSU with their 12 man formation where they snapped it to the TE who was in motion and he did the sneak.

Or you know, that Cletus Wayah or whatever is pretty good for half a zenner now and again.

But no, Bubba trots out some guy even UN_ fans didn't know to take a snap and get murdered on his own 20.

BisonHorns
10-07-2021, 12:07 AM
Farley radio interview clips.

https://kiwaradio.com/sports/northern-iowas-mark-farley-previews-north-dakota-state/

BisonHorns
10-07-2021, 12:12 AM
Farley's press conference from Monday. He starts at the9 minute 12 second spot.
https://youtu.be/l3r2N-GPKBw

El_Chapo
10-07-2021, 12:12 AM
I want to see everybody more, this offense is uber talented, matchup nightmare Mathis is back too, Sproles has just as much big play potential as Christian and #1 is a game changer and I will say it just like Trey and like one Randy Moss yep I said it.. Randy was more consistent and got more chances to be at Marshall but Christian has all the potential to do the same. What about DJ and Jake? They could be as good as RJ and Zach.

We know how good our TEs are and Luepke is a monster. Kobe hasn’t broken one yet but that RB room is full of talented backs. I love Dom but Tammerick can carry that rock too If we have handcuffs it’s time to take them off. QP has a 60% completion rate he can hit the throws. we have 3 starters on the ol who have significant experience we need to unleash this on the Valley and let everyone know what they are in for this fall and it starts by going off on Farley’s purple paper panthers.

Tyler needs to feed the stars and there is more than one star ready to rise on this team.

you're gonna be disappointed, tyler roehl & matt entz are going to be scared to death to throw at Benny Sapp/Omar Brown

CAS4127
10-07-2021, 12:17 AM
you're gonna be disappointed, tyler roehl & matt entz are going to be scared to death to throw at Benny Sapp/Omar Brown

Nope—Bison 1660 said this is the game Roehl will open up the offense.

Twincitybizon
10-07-2021, 12:42 AM
Nope—Bison 1660 said this is the game Roehl will open up the offense.

lol
At this point I'm ready for one of the other 5 or so OCs on the team to take over

Professor Chaos
10-07-2021, 12:50 AM
I realize I'm just a rube but a play-calling suggestion I'd make is the next time you have a big run and then run hurry up don't run the same gd play. It worked once vs a team with a pulse 7 years ago. They're not playing Valpo anymore. Last week when they tried it UND's safety was across the LOS before the lineman got out of their stances since they knew exactly what was happening (as would pretty much any MVFC coached defense). Maybe run play-action out of that hurry up look once???

BisonHorns
10-07-2021, 01:37 AM
Next time have the line pump their arms in the air signaling another run, but instead of running straight into defense thinking repeat play, send the bomb to watson.

SDbison
10-07-2021, 01:40 AM
Nope—Bison 1660 said this is the game Roehl will open up the offense.bwahahahaha......lol, good stuff. I quit listening to 1660 since they are just mouthpieces of NDSU coaches and the only reason they would say something like that is to make UNI think they would change things up when in reality Entz an Roehl are too simple minded and stubborn to do anything different. I really hope I am wrong about this.

El_Chapo
10-07-2021, 02:07 AM
but NOW the problem is UNI will be thinking we are gonna open things up.... so Roehl/Entz will say.. "they are expecting us to open things up.... so lets A Gap them 27 times.. wear them down"

ndsubison1
10-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Penning is a stud OT for them. Supposd to go 2/3rd round. Bennie Sapp was recruited very highly I believe, transferred from the Goofers.

What happened McElvain, I thought he was good?

AKBison
10-07-2021, 02:22 PM

I have been totally opposite of this. Jacks are the upstart little brother and UN_ is like playing D2 Mary in that you better win and win big or there is hell to pay. UNI was always the cheap shot after the whistle extra curricular game. Now with that said, I have been drifting your way lately largely due to the SDSU coaching staff. Dirty plays with a "my baby (player) dindu nothin" attitude coupled with lots of sh*t talking has made me dislike them more and more.

tolnabison
10-07-2021, 03:00 PM
Looks like it could be a great crowd Saturday. Single game tickets sold out early in the week. Now it looks like student tickets have all been taken too (has to be the first time in awhile). Crowd should be loud.

https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/status/1446108537185181709?s=20

1st&TennBison
10-07-2021, 03:37 PM
but NOW the problem is UNI will be thinking we are gonna open things up.... so Roehl/Entz will say.. "they are expecting us to open things up.... so lets A Gap them 27 times.. wear them down"

I just hope our game plan isn't to wear down their waterboy.

Bisonbythelake
10-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Next time have the line pump their arms in the air signaling another run, but instead of running straight into defense thinking repeat play, send the bomb to watson.

They have done the repeat fake this season against Valpo or Albany I think ran A gap then the repeat A gap then a pa pass which I think QP2 turned into a run.

Bisonbythelake
10-07-2021, 03:55 PM
lol
At this point I'm ready for one of the other 5 or so OCs on the team to take over

This I think might be the issue too many cooks and no Chefs, Roehls got probably the most talented ingredients for a great offense unfortunately he just likes to eat hamburger.

Bisonbythelake
10-07-2021, 04:00 PM
Penning is a stud OT for them. Supposd to go 2/3rd round. Bennie Sapp was recruited very highly I believe, transferred from the Goofers.

What happened McElvain, I thought he was good?

McElvain didn’t have a great arm and wasn’t that accurate. Also he’s small and you could disrupt their quick game by blocking passes. He’s a good back up but not a prime timer. I watch the Ystate game Day looked good in the first half looks like a legit MVFC qb.

Bisonbythelake
10-07-2021, 04:01 PM

I’m sure you are used to hearing I hope you are wrong Chapo

totoinfl
10-07-2021, 10:35 PM
https://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc

tolnabison
10-07-2021, 11:29 PM
I’m sure you are used to hearing I hope you are wrong Chapo

They are both very good players. But has an extra large chub for them because they were from Minneapolis and they both have some stars on their recuiting pages. Brown plays corner for them. He chose UNI over NDSU. Sapp plays free safety for them. His a drop down transfer from the gophers. His dad played at UNI. Sapp is from Eden Prairie, but played his high school football at nationally ranked St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, FL before transferring back to Eden Prairie High for his senior year. Sapp was a legit high three star coming out of high school. With offers from many P5 FBS schools.

I don't think anyone is scared to death to throw at them. Sacramento St threw for 322 yards against them. Now we aren't the passing offense they are, but this isn't the second coming of Deion Sanders at corner and Ed Reed at safety. We will take our shots when they are there like we do every week. Whether they work or not that is the question.

dttbrwn
10-08-2021, 02:23 AM
They are both very good players. But has an extra large chub for them because they were from Minneapolis and they both have some stars on their recuiting pages. Brown plays corner for them. He chose UNI over NDSU. Sapp plays free safety for them. His a drop down transfer from the gophers. His dad played at UNI. Sapp is from Eden Prairie, but played his high school football at nationally ranked St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, FL before transferring back to Eden Prairie High for his senior year. Sapp was a legit high three star coming out of high school. With offers from many P5 FBS schools.

I don't think anyone is scared to death to throw at them. Sacramento St threw for 322 yards against them. Now we aren't the passing offense they are, but this isn't the second coming of Deion Sanders at corner and Ed Reed at safety. We will take our shots when they are there like we do every week. Whether they work or not that is the question.Sac is a pass happy offense and there’s fire a bunch of yards every game. Looking at the box score from that UNI game right about half of Sacs yards came after they were down 34-7 in the fourth and the secondary was rotated out of the game. Even with that game they are giving up 205 yards passing per game, not exactly a weak passing defense, and have done so against a schedule that, let’s be honest, much tougher than what we’ve faced especially OOC.

Twist the recruiting of Brown and Sapp all you want, UNI beat us with them. NDSu wanted Brown, don’t think they didn’t. He was an all American as a true freshman and this past spring tans legitimately didn’t throw his direction which lead to a decrease in stats. Even this year tans aren’t throwing his direction but when they are they just don’t have success. He has a pick and multiple pbu and pd to his name. Which is why Benny is racking up his stats. He has 3 or 4 picks this year. I hope TR isn’t dumb enough to go “Omar isn’t that good, people only think that because he is from Minneapolis” and throws at him all game. That’s a good way to get crushed.

Benny was never going to come to NDSU, even if there was an offer when he left Minnesota. There was no offer because they knew he was going to UNI. His dad played there and is in the UNI HoF AFAIK.

QP is going to have to play the best game he’s ever played with making reads in the run game and passing. The UNI defense is too damn fast to think that simply getting to the edge is going to work like the defenses we’ve face this year so far

TAILG8R
10-08-2021, 02:45 AM
QP is going to have to play the best game he’s ever played with making reads in the run game and passing. The UNI defense is too damn fast to think that simply getting to the edge is going to work like the defenses we’ve face this year so far

TE seems and short throws to the RB after chipping the DE should work well against a fast aggressive defense. Not saying we will see either of those though.

Bisonwinagn
10-08-2021, 11:12 PM
TE seems and short throws to the RB after chipping the DE should work well against a fast aggressive defense. Not saying we will see either of those though.

You may see QB run 67 times though.

CAS4127
10-08-2021, 11:35 PM

I posted this during lasts week’s game, or maybe texted SDBison—can’t remember which.

Regardless, according to 1660, tomorrow is the day we see TR be creative and open up the offense, so here we go—the line in the sand has been drawn. If we don’t see it happen, people need to light up 1660 and force them to call TR and Entz out on WTF is going on. Phil has set the stage for it with his comments/rating of the offense.

GreenfieldBison
10-08-2021, 11:41 PM
I posted this during lasts week’s game, or maybe texted SDBison—can’t remember which.

Regardless, according to 1660, tomorrow is the day we see TR be creative and open up the offense, so here we go—the line in the sand has been drawn. If we don’t see it happen, people need to light up 1660 and force them to call TR and Entz out on WTF is going on. Phil has set the stage for it with his comments/rating of the offense.

I caught a portion of the second half of the Insiders today and there was a caller there who did this very thing.

One of ours perhaps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CAS4127
10-08-2021, 11:49 PM
I caught a portion of the second half of the Insiders today and there was a caller there who did this very thing.

One of ours perhaps?

I’d assume so, or at least someone who reads BV. 1660 reads BV, I can guarantee that. There is no other place they can get the fan info. they reference/allude to but here.

GreenfieldBison
10-08-2021, 11:57 PM
I’d assume so, or at least someone who reads BV. 1660 reads BV, I can guarantee that. There is no other place they can get the fan info. they reference/allude to but here.

I would think they and any other market media outlet would be foolish to not have their fingers on the pulse of BV.

Anyway I hope 1660 is correct and we see the offense open up a bit tomorrow.

That said it is particularly gratifying to me to see the defense play so stingy. I really dig that. Hope they can keep it going.

CAS4127
10-09-2021, 12:11 AM
I would think they and any other market media outlet would be foolish to not have their fingers on the pulse of BV.

Anyway I hope 1660 is correct and we see the offense open up a bit tomorrow.

That said it is particularly gratifying to me to see the defense play so stingy. I really dig that. Hope they can keep it going.

Agree on D play, but we need more “complimentary”(<<—-borrowed that from Entz ...) play from the O. Whatever peeps may think, players are human and susceptible to frustration, and, from experience, I can tell you that if one aspect of the team isn’t owning up to their expected “compliments”, frustration sets in after a bit.

GreenfieldBison
10-09-2021, 12:58 AM
Agree on D play, but we need more “complimentary”(<<—-borrowed that from Entz ...) play from the O. Whatever peeps may think, players are human and susceptible to frustration, and, from experience, I can tell you that if one aspect of the team isn’t owning up to their expected “compliments”, frustration sets in after a bit.

So far at least when the O is surrendering the possession they are doing so via punt rather than less attractive means. That is a positive I think. I am hoping that it is just taking some time to get timing etc right. May be naive on my part of course.

EC8CH
10-09-2021, 04:01 AM
http://youtu.be/p1nlpaANjME

Without a doubt the best video guy NDSU has ever had.

TAILG8R
10-09-2021, 12:42 PM

Without a doubt the best video guy NDSU has ever had.Completely agree. This guy fucks, am I right!?!?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
10-09-2021, 12:54 PM
Completely agree. This guy fucks, am I right!?!?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This is Bisonville. We should say this guy runs it up the middle instead of this guy fucks.

EC8CH
10-09-2021, 12:58 PM
This is Bisonville. We should say this guy runs it up the middle instead of this guy fucks.

"Run it up the middle" yeah

17>1
10-09-2021, 01:09 PM

That gave me chills!!

KSBisonFan
10-09-2021, 01:12 PM

He definitely doesn't Bubba it*

*go for it on 4th down from your own 20.

BisonHorns
10-09-2021, 01:21 PM
I want to see some of TaMerik's angry running today.

EC8CH
10-09-2021, 01:27 PM
He definitely doesn't Bubba it*

*go for it on 4th down from your own 20.

See also:

*poop himself.

EC8CH
10-09-2021, 01:29 PM
That gave me chills!!

The spice will do that.

ThunderDan
10-09-2021, 05:06 PM
If I'm northern Iowa I completely sell out on the run because TR is scared of footballs flying in the air