PDA

View Full Version : UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:03 PM
1) You really fucked me out of a nice payday TR. Please consult the playbook thread for some fucking ideas. Here's some words I never thought I'd have to type: THANK GOD I BET ON MISERY STATE AND THE YOTES.
2) How's this for a stat line? QP 4/10 for 48 yards. Miller 1/1 for 9 yards.
3) Luepke literally put this team on his back and bailed out Roehl. 9 carries for 5.1 yards a piece on average. I think like 7 of those came on the last drive. Where was he the rest of the time? Guy ran mad. Because he probably was!
4) UND sucks. Grand Forks sucks. Midco sucks. That field sucks.
5) Special teams was elite. Great job boys and thank you for saving us from national embarrassment.
6) Prepare for regional embarrassment. The Valley media will twist this into a moral victory. I recommend the headline "the gap is getting smaller between NDSU and UND." or maybe "UND striking closer to dominance in restarted rivalry".
7) Can SDSU cover 42.5 to make me back some of the money that TR STOLE FROM ME?

blackdiamond2
10-02-2021, 10:04 PM
Our WRs had 1 catch for -1 yards. (credit to Raja Nelson)

Bisonator98
10-02-2021, 10:04 PM
Someone please press Entz on the offensive play calling and just way too conservative offensive gameplan!

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Our WRs had 1 catch for -1 yards. (credit to Raja Nelson)

I was just going to post that. The dorf had 4 catches.

WeAreThePride
10-02-2021, 10:05 PM
Sioux Suck Shit.
Patterson is not a good enough thrower, and is only good running straight ahead.
If Luepke and Ghindorff don't get 25 touches between them next week, I'm gonna chuck my TV out the window.
MillerTime, baby.

ZHerd
10-02-2021, 10:06 PM
We just made UN defense look a lot better than they really are. Pitiful offense. Going back to 19 playoffs this offense struggles against any team with a pulse

Bison4peat
10-02-2021, 10:07 PM
MIDCO camera angles are equal to WDAY camera angles.

BisonHorns
10-02-2021, 10:07 PM
Yikes, Fired Hedberg. What is he doing as a quarterback coach if we only handoff. Purple maybe

totoinfl
10-02-2021, 10:10 PM
1 our play calling has to improve to suck
2 44 fucks
3 Defense was awesome when needed
4 our punter is all world
5 Kevin will be starting a go fund me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noryan34
10-02-2021, 10:13 PM
Not sure why we didn’t see more counter runs against a defense that was eager to pursue down the line. Also we knew they couldn’t handle power runners. We’ve seen it for years. Why did Leupke and Williams not handle more touches at the start of this. Gonella and Johnson are awesome but those others add a little extra something when trying to tackle them

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:14 PM
Why can’t we run a middle screen like we used to use with mcnorton? That scores 14 points by itself today.

DAS BISON
10-02-2021, 10:19 PM
Someone please press Entz on the offensive play calling and just way too conservative offensive gameplan!

No one presses Entz. Come on man. You think this is back in the day hen they asked Bohl’ tough questions. We’ve moved away from Bison football from this sub par coaching staff.

tolnabison
10-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Said it on the other thread. We need Christian to touch the ball. Don't care how. We need to manufacture touches for him. Also would of liked to see TaMerik get some carries.

Defense was lights out. Forcing 3 and outs.

Thank you Bubba!

SafeTeeJ
10-02-2021, 10:22 PM
No! We need to get 44 the ball. Get up 2 scores then try and get Chrissy the ball.

semobison
10-02-2021, 10:24 PM
No chance of winning the natty if we can’t throw the ball. Hell, we may get beat next week!

westnodak93bison
10-02-2021, 10:26 PM
Our staff sucks. That is all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:27 PM
Even when things go well (like the last drive) it's in spite of the play calling not because of it. Imagine if we start that drive with Kobe (nothing against the kid, just not his day today) and he gets stuffed again?

When we got down to the 3rd and goal did anyone not expect a QB run? Guy got a piece of QP, just not enough to stop him from scoring.

And seriously, do we have any play calls under center that aren't power run, jet sweep or play action pass deep? I don't think we do.

Hammerhead
10-02-2021, 10:30 PM
A win is a win. We just took the wind out of UND's sail so the "flagship" will be adrift at sea the rest of the season.

Gully
10-02-2021, 10:31 PM
Why not use Leupke? So damn frustrating. When they finally used him at the end, they had good success.

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:31 PM
Also looking back at the box score defense deserves more props than I gave. A lot of great plays, stops and schemes.

Offense is the problem and will remain so until some changes.

mtoutfitter
10-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Was there a reason Bussy or Williams never got in? Unless I missed em.

HerdThat!
10-02-2021, 10:34 PM

Midco homer’s…

ThunderDan
10-02-2021, 10:35 PM
Was there a reason Bussy or Williams never got in? Unless I missed em.

was thinking the same, at least for Bussey. No fucking clue why he didn't touch the ball unless he was hurt and Izzo didn't mention it. Or it was some big secret and no one knew.
Or everyone knew and I'm an idiot.

daddy daycare
10-02-2021, 10:36 PM
A gift from Bubba is what that was and hopefully a wake up call. Horrible performance offensively. Great job by the defense and punter.

ByeSonBusiness
10-02-2021, 10:36 PM
Sioux Suck Shit.
Patterson is not a good enough thrower, and is only good running straight ahead.
If Luepke and Ghindorff don't get 25 touches between them next week, I'm gonna chuck my TV out the window.
MillerTime, baby.

It's almost like people who watched the guy play at Virginia Tech told you he kinda sucks lol.

Roehl is trash and so is QP. The funny thing is the coaches know QP sucks.

MNLonghorn10
10-02-2021, 10:37 PM
That was uglier than shit

EC8CH
10-02-2021, 10:37 PM
It's almost like people who watched the guy play at Virginia Tech told you he kinda sucks lol.

Doest suck as much as Tommy stupidest pick ever Shoester.

ThunderDan
10-02-2021, 10:38 PM

I wouldn't say he "sucks" per FCS, but it's pretty obvious they have no faith in the passing game at this point. Unless the entire coaching staff is really really stupid and only wants to throw 9-10 times per game as part of their plan?

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:39 PM
I should send roehl an invoice. Maybe he’d actually pay it unlike that mvfcbeat guy.

HerdBot
10-02-2021, 10:40 PM
I loved the game. Our entire defense FUCKS! Am I right? Offense was vanilla as can be and we didn't show anything but did a great job pounding the rock. First and second down needs to be more consistent though. QP ran really hard today

Gotta give UND some credit because they played their ass off and the crowd was making a difference

The entire special teams unit also FUCKS! Am I right? 3 field goals, great punting and great kickoff returns. A few hiccups but over all impressed

JMB
10-02-2021, 10:40 PM
We aren't creative enough on offense... An example... UND ran a 3rd down pass play in the 4th quarter. QB was in shotgun, stud running back runs motion, which draws attention to him, clears out middle and they throw a crossing route, we miss a tackle and the get a first down. We used to do stuff like that (see KSU), and it seems we have gotten away from it.

Gully
10-02-2021, 10:41 PM
Is it just me or does this feel like a giant loss?

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:41 PM
I loved the game. Our entire defense FUCKS! Am I right? Offense was vanilla as can be and we didn't show anything but did a great job pounding the rock

Gotta give UND some credit because they played their ass off and the crowd was making a difference

The entire special teams unit also FUCKS! Am I right? 3 field goals, great punting and great kickoff returns. A few hiccups but over all impressed

You’re impressed that we beat a shit team that we were supposed to destroy by 6 points while throwing for under 60 yards?

That’s not a hiccup bro. It’s choking.

ThunderDan
10-02-2021, 10:43 PM
I loved the game. Our entire defense FUCKS! Am I right? Offense was vanilla as can be and we didn't show anything but did a great job pounding the rock. First and second down needs to be more consistent though. QP ran really hard today

So we're gonna keep going with the "offense was vanilla and didn't want to show anything" excuse?
How long everyone gonna use that one?
It's getting as old as "Carson doesn't have an o line or good receivers" excuse in the NFL.

ByeSonBusiness
10-02-2021, 10:44 PM

QP is so good. Great runner. Good thrower. Take the L.

BFKasper14
10-02-2021, 10:46 PM

I don’t really think so. 1st loss by UND at the Alerus in a few years. NDSU had horrible play calling. Glad to get out with a win honestly. UND had a plan and stuck to it. We weren’t as motivated as them.

HerdBot
10-02-2021, 10:50 PM
Sioux Suck Shit.
MillerTime, baby.

Patterson running is the reason we won. Miller would have been tripped up at the line of scrimmage and we would have punted

We threw the ball 10 times because we had faith in our defense and running game. And guess what... we won

THEsocalledfan
10-02-2021, 10:50 PM

No, I don't thinks so. Reason for concern, absolutely, but that is what happens when it is another teams super bowl and they throw every possible trick in the book at you. We have two HUGE drops that many are forgetting too. Kobe catches that pass and he likely scores, or rips off 40 yards. That game actually was not a close as the score due to the trick play UND scored on, and NDSU basically allowing them to score the 3 at the end.

EC8CH
10-02-2021, 10:51 PM
Patterson running is the reason we won. Miller would have been tripped up at the line of scrimmage and we would have punted

We threw the ball 10 times because we had faith in our defense and running game. And guess what... we won

QP is an upgrade at QB but a long way off from Lance or Stick. OC needs to find how to get him in a rhythm. He can make some nice throws.

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:52 PM
Next week might be ugly.

THEsocalledfan
10-02-2021, 10:52 PM
QP is an upgrade at QB but a long way off from Lance or Stick. OC needs to find how to get him in a rhythm. He can make some nice throws.

Agreed; there was a play when NDSU was deep and they got 3, when lance carries the tackler to the sticks. And Easton, slips by him.....

tolnabison
10-02-2021, 10:53 PM
QP is so good. Great runner. Good thrower. Take the L.

Go Cincinnati!

HerdBot
10-02-2021, 10:54 PM

Is he a ways off from a 1st round pick? Yeah but I love what I see so far. He had 4 starts. Stick was a 4 year starter

But Treys last game in the Natty he was 6 of 10 for 72 yards and we won

tolnabison
Next week might be ugly.

Just like this week was. Make it ugly. A wise man once told me they won't all be 10s.

Kevin
Also wtf was that 4th down call on the 20 bubba? Lol

EC8CH
Next week might be ugly.

Bookie coming to collect?

EC8CH
10-02-2021, 10:55 PM

He got confused which 20 it was.

THEsocalledfan
10-02-2021, 10:55 PM

I very well may bet UNI next week; they look solid.

EC8CH
10-02-2021, 10:57 PM

Looks like they found a QB taller than Lakes finally.

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:58 PM
Bookie coming to collect?

Blockchain already paid them out bro.

The God for USD and misery state. Makes it basically a push.

Kevin
10-02-2021, 10:59 PM

Uni and under I’m thinking.

Bison 4 Life
10-02-2021, 11:07 PM
Is he a ways off from a 1st round pick? Yeah but I love what I see so far. He had 4 starts. Stick was a 4 year starter

But Treys last game in the Natty he was 6 of 10 for 72 yards and we won

Remember that Il St game? Hasn't always been lights out.

totoinfl
10-02-2021, 11:14 PM
I should send roehl an invoice. Maybe he’d actually pay it unlike that mvfcbeat guy.

Dear Tyler

I lost some money cuz you couldn’t score.

Luv

Kevin

AKBison
10-02-2021, 11:17 PM
Agreed; there was a play when NDSU was deep and they got 3, when lance carries the tackler to the sticks. And Easton, slips by him.....

One of the most beautiful plays in all of sport is when a QB lays the wood on a DB in the open field. Wentz, and especially Stick/Lance relished doing that. That isn't QPII's game and it's definitely been an adjustment as a fan.

Big Bird
10-02-2021, 11:18 PM
1. Roehl was awful and he shouldn't be OC next year. Not only has he not shown improvement, he is regressing. He is so predictable and couldn't counter UNDs obvious blitz packages.
2. Braun and the D were very good.
3. Schuster and Bubba lost the game for UND. That was an unbelievably dumb 4th down attempt and Schuster's int was laughable
4. Lack of touches for Luepke until the last drive was baffling. He put 190 on them 6 1/2 months ago in his first game off injury, and we basically didn't use him.
5. Kobe was bad today. His one big run was the result of a huuuuuuuge hole and he didn't make guys miss or push the pile at all today. Huge drop too.
6. Lack of touches for Watson was dumb.
7. Gindorff can do shit like that every week, use him more.
8. Special teams were very good.
9. TV production was bad today. How many plays were missed out of commercials? Just unacceptable.
10. What an ugly and frustrating game to watch.

Bisonwinagn
10-02-2021, 11:18 PM
This game was always going to be close. People just hate the Sioux as they should and have blinders on. This was UND's superbowl and NDSU didn't really give a shit about the game other than another conference opponent. This is the first real team the bison have faced this year after 3 patsy's and it's hard to be physically and mentally ready. They survived and win is a win. Next week will be a better test to see how good this team is.

tony
10-02-2021, 11:21 PM
QP2 - he took some strides today. He's a gamer.

And I don't care how NDSU beats UND... but that last drive was awesome.

HerdBot
10-02-2021, 11:22 PM
We put nothing on film today on offense. It was vanilla AF and we won

totoinfl
10-02-2021, 11:22 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/Y91mjJoP78AcU/giphy.gif
This guy can’t wait until next week.

Grizzled
10-02-2021, 11:25 PM
This game was always going to be close. People just hate the Sioux as they should and have blinders on. This was UND's superbowl and NDSU didn't really give a shit about the game other than another conference opponent. This is the first real team the bison have faced this year after 3 patsy's and it's hard to be physically and mentally ready. They survived and win is a win. Next week will be a better test to see how good this team is.

I’ve been to a good number of road games in the last few years and nearly every home game. Our sidelines was as into this game as any game I’ve seen. This team was in it from the start today. They had an FBS intensity when warming up.

Bisonator98
10-02-2021, 11:27 PM

BS! We won because bubbles gave us 3 and their QB cost them the other 3.

ByeSonBusiness
10-02-2021, 11:35 PM

No. That's all. No. Lmao

SafeTeeJ
10-02-2021, 11:36 PM

With these bunch of clown coaching, I don’t think we have anything to hide…..

tony
10-02-2021, 11:37 PM
With these bunch of clown coaching, I don’t think we have anything to hide…..

Well, it's not the worst DI coaching staff in ND... UND's staff was hilariously awful.

Grizzled
10-02-2021, 11:39 PM

Lol…….lol……lol….lol

HerdBot
10-02-2021, 11:40 PM
BS! We won because bubbles gave us 3 and their QB cost them the other 3.

How many times did we turn the ball over chief? Zero. As far as we we know they punt it, we get the ball at midfield, get a few 1st downs and kick another field goal. They are take aways, not turnovers. Had they scored, we may have pulled out some more tricks

We won the game. Enjoy it

SafeTeeJ
10-02-2021, 11:41 PM
Well, it's not the worst DI coaching staff in ND... UND's staff was hilariously awful.

True Tony. I just want to see more of our talent used.

DAS BISON
10-02-2021, 11:43 PM

That’s something to boast about? Pathetic. 👎

tony
10-02-2021, 11:45 PM
That’s something to boast about? Pathetic. 

I'll take the coaches whose team is 4-0.

MontBison
10-02-2021, 11:46 PM
I’ve been to a good number of road games in the last few years and nearly every home game. Our sidelines was as into this game as any game I’ve seen. This team was in it from the start today. They had an FBS intensity when warming up.

Lol. Must have felt extra FBS sitting in a pole shed.

ThunderDan
10-02-2021, 11:46 PM
I'll take the coaches whose team is 4-0.

I'll take the players on that team over the coaches. 9 days of the week, 484 days per year.

Grizzled
10-02-2021, 11:49 PM
Lol. Must have felt extra FBS sitting in a pole shed.

I don’t think it mattered. Players were locked in and wanted to win this game.

VirginiaBison
10-02-2021, 11:50 PM
I loved the game. Our entire defense FUCKS! Am I right? Offense was vanilla as can be ...

What ever happened to this allegedly huge Bison play book? Wasn't it suppose to opened against the Sioux? It if actually exist, who are they saving it for?

Actually, the Bison coming out of a bye frequently play flat ....

ThunderDan
10-02-2021, 11:55 PM
Is it just me, or did NDSU throw more when they ran the veer offense?
10 passes passes per game so far this year for QP.

4-10 against a formidable opponent in the conference today. What tricks will we have against Northern Iowa after they stuff the up the gut run 37 times in a row next week?
Hmmm, only Tyler knows! And he ain't talking!

Bison Dan
10-03-2021, 12:04 AM
Most of you posters don't know shit about football. und was sending the farm every other play - hard to know when. Pounding the rock was a given and we had to guess right and when we did the play was
was a good gainer. QP played lights out for all the pressure he was under. Hard to get the ball down field when they sent 7-8 players. The safe play was to wear them down in the 4th and pound the rock.
Our D allowed us to do that. A win is a win and the Alerus is a hard place to win at nowadays. This was there super bowl and look for them to get beat at USD. Yes I would have liked to win by 30 points but give them credit they played well defensively.

Kevin
10-03-2021, 12:05 AM
Most of you posters don't know shit about football. und was sending the farm every other play - hard to know when. Pounding the rock was a given and we had to guess right and when we did the play was
was a good gainer. QP played lights out for all the pressure he was under. Hard to get the ball down field when they sent 7-8 players. The safe play was to wear them down in the 4th and pound the rock.
Our D allowed us to do that. A win is a win and the Alerus is a hard place to win at nowadays. This was there super bowl and look for them to get beat at USD. Yes I would have liked to win by 30 points but give them credit they played well defensively.

I may not know shit about football but you don’t know shit about shutting out lights bro lol

Grizzled
10-03-2021, 12:08 AM

There were more times than not that QP sat in the pocket untouched and threw a bad ball or had it dropped. I know plenty about what I watched today.

ThunderDan
10-03-2021, 12:11 AM

I would agree most on here don't know shit (i mean, posters calling for the 2 point conversion on the last TD should separate the the idiots from the rest of the pack)
But, one with an ounce of football intelligence would also surmise, that if a team is bringing the dogs constantly, you should in theory (IE, in real life) have multiple opportunities for:

1. Screen pass
2. Quick Slant
3. Deep one on one bomb to i dunno...fastest guy on the field?
4. TE out, easy peasy, 5 yards every time?

I dunno, just spit balling as one of those guys that doesn't know shit.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Bison Dan vs Thunder Dan up in here.

ThunderDan
10-03-2021, 12:14 AM
Bison Dan vs Thunder Dan up in here.

Let's F'n GOOOOOOO!!!!!!

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 12:19 AM
Let's F'n GOOOOOOO!!!!!!

My moneys is on Thunder Dan. Bison Dan is a Foooooool. :pan::fight::fight:

ThunderDan
10-03-2021, 12:21 AM
So does anyone know why Williams and more importantly BUSSEY didn't get any carries today? Never heard that they were injured? Or out for any reason at all?
Anyone?
Bueller?

Or should we ask the great T Roehl his reasoning? Bussey is too fast for him? He would prefer an up the gut run instead against a stacked line?
I don't know, I'm not a genius like Roehl, just a moron at home.
Forgive me for being such a peasant and asking silly questions.
They may have been injured or had covid or something, I dunno. Dom the "Izzo" never mentioned it, so not sure.

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 12:24 AM
So does anyone know why Williams and more importantly BUSSEY didn't get any carries today? Never heard that they were injured? Or out for any reason at all?
Anyone?
Bueller?

Or should we ask the great T Roehl his reasoning? Bussey is too fast for him? He would prefer an up the gut run instead against a stacked line?
I don't know, I'm not a genius like Roehl, just a moron at home.
Forgive me for being such a peasant and asking silly questions.
They may have been injured or had covid or something, I dunno. Dom the "Izzo" never mentioned it, so not sure.

Saving their eligibility for next year.

ThunderDan
10-03-2021, 12:26 AM
Saving their eligibility for next year.

Bold plan by Entz and Roehl.
Also, Entz and Roehl sounds like the law office you'd never want to use unless you couldn't afford a good one.

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 12:27 AM
Bold plan by Entz and Roehl.

Problem is they don't have a plan.

bison22
10-03-2021, 12:32 AM
Unh was driving for game winning fg and threw a pick to JMU. Sam Houston was down 20 to 6 in the 4th and just won on a missed kick for SFA. Would have been nice if they would have lost

bison22
10-03-2021, 12:40 AM
Also WIU failed 2 pt conversion. SIU survives. Mvfc is gonna be tight

semobison
10-03-2021, 12:55 AM

I don’t know, I’m old, have watched a lot of football in my day, coached a little, waaay back but Bubba’s defensive game plan today is the same as when we played them in 2015. Sell out to stop the run! They held us to 115 yards rushing that day, 2.7 ypc. Carson was 18-27 250 yards and 4 touchdowns. Bison won 34-7. What worries me under our current coaches is not only the inability to throw the football but the reluctance to even try. Football 101, they stack the Box you make them pay through the air. That hasn’t changed!

DCinOK
10-03-2021, 01:00 AM
This is the first real team the bison have faced this year after 3 patsy's and it's hard to be physically and mentally ready.

The fact we'd only played 3 patsies is the exact reason why we SHOULD have been physically and mentally ready for this game. You certainly can't say the first three games wore us out in either of those two areas...and, I'm very sure the Bison had plenty of In-state rivalry bragging rights motivation to crush the sioux, but for reasons discussed here were simply very lucky their coach lost his mind on a 4th down.

Bison56
10-03-2021, 01:01 AM
Need some outside the tackle runs and 44 should be featured back.
Fire TR

SDbison
10-03-2021, 01:13 AM
Why can’t we run a middle screen like we used to use with mcnorton? That scores 14 points by itself today. Because Quincy has no touch on his passes. Just a terrible passer.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 01:14 AM
Because Quincy has no touch on his passes. Just a terrible passer.

Disagree. He has thrown some nice balls.

westnodak93bison
10-03-2021, 01:14 AM
No way! Up the gut all day to soften them up. Its a pissing contest!

SDbison
10-03-2021, 01:15 AM
Our staff sucks. That is all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk We have some of the best athletes ever, but the coaching is crap.

SDbison
10-03-2021, 01:17 AM
Disagree. He has thrown some nice balls. lol.......seriously. Less than 50 % completion this season. So what, he has chucked the pigskin a couple times and got lucky.

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 01:19 AM
It is frustrating. I have been watching Bison football for a long time. What I have loved thru the decades is they played with execution and discipline, even when they were not the most talented team on the field. The last two years you can see this coaching staff has gone away from execution an discipline and are trying to rely on talent.....unfortunelty now they are just another program.

tony
10-03-2021, 01:24 AM
It is frustrating. I have been watching Bison football for a long time. What I have loved thru the decades is they played with execution and discipline, even when they were not the most talented team on the field. The last two years you can see this coaching staff has gone away from execution an discipline and are trying to rely on talent.....unfortunelty now they are just another program.

I don't think that is true. Every time UND tried a trick play (except the one where I think they should have been flagged for not being set), NDSU was disciplined and made the UND coaching staff look like idiots. A reverse on 4th down? Were they literally high? Going for it against NDSU on fourth down on your own 20? Yep, they were high. Going for it on fourth down period, for that matter. If NDSU played UND for 40 quarters, the only TD would have been on that one-timer trick play (which, like I said, I think should have been a penalty.) Anyway, that's a sign of good coaching.

NDSU was the greatest D2 program of all time... but in their best decade, the 1980's, they still went 6-4 twice. Don't do a Nebraska on this program (my favorite FBS team, btw.)

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-03-2021, 01:26 AM
I don't think that is true. Every time UND tried a trick play (except the one where I think they should have been flagged for not being set), NDSU was disciplined and made their coaching staff look like idiots. A reverse on 4th down? We're they high. Going for it against NDSU on fourth down on your own 20? Yep, they were high. Going for it on fourth down period, for that matter. If NDSU played UND for 40 quarters, the only TD would have been on that one-timer trick play (which, like I said, I think should have been a penalty.) Anyway, that's a sign of good coaching.

NDSU was the greatest D2 program of all time... but in their best decade, the 1980's, they still went 6-4 twice. Don't do a Nebraska on this program (my favorite FBS team, btw.)

Take away that trick play and they scored 3 points (and that’s in the Walrus). Is my math right?

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 01:27 AM
I don't think that is true. Every time UND tried a trick play (except the one where I think they should have been flagged for not being set), NDSU was disciplined and made their coaching staff look like idiots. A reverse on 4th down? We're they high. Going for it against NDSU on fourth down on your own 20? Yep, they were high. Going for it on fourth down period, for that matter. If NDSU played UND for 40 quarters, the only TD would have been on that one-timer trick play (which, like I said, I think should have been a penalty.) Anyway, that's a sign of good coaching.

Agreed, Code Green D playing that way. Offense........not so much. Truth hurts Tony

BisonHorns
10-03-2021, 01:29 AM
I remember there were days with Brock where we only won because of the defense. Maybe we are in that period again.

ThunderDan
10-03-2021, 01:30 AM
lol.......seriously. Less than 50 % completion this season. So what, he has chucked the pigskin a couple times and got lucky.

62% but, hey, it's the internet. Who cares.
That being said, he's not a great passer, which is obvious. He should be better than this against the competition we played, but he's barely passed at the same time, so who knows what he can really do?
MY guess is you don't toss the ball 9 or 10 times a game to "stay vanilla"
The coaching staff knows he's not a great passer. He really doesn't need to be if T Roehl wasn't such a fucking idiot.

He can complete 10 yard passes to TE's, but of course, fuck the TE's. They are only our best pass catchers and open pretty much all the time.
He can also sling the ball pretty far, and we seem to have the fastest guy on the field as a wide out. (whether he can catch the ball or not is another question)

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 01:32 AM

May be the dumbest post of the week, and given it's Bisonville, congrats. We had zero turnovers, ran for nearly 5 ypc, didn't use our talent and won the game with great defense, special teams and pounding the rock. That's the opposite of what you said.

CAS4127
10-03-2021, 01:33 AM
I don't think that is true. Every time UND tried a trick play (except the one where I think they should have been flagged for not being set), NDSU was disciplined and made the UND coaching staff look like idiots. A reverse on 4th down? Were they literally high? Going for it against NDSU on fourth down on your own 20? Yep, they were high. Going for it on fourth down period, for that matter. If NDSU played UND for 40 quarters, the only TD would have been on that one-timer trick play (which, like I said, I think should have been a penalty.) Anyway, that's a sign of good coaching.

How about we do a Nebraska and run toss-sweep with Luepke/Bussey? Think: Gill/Rozier era.

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 01:33 AM
May be the dumbest post of the week, and given it's Bisonville, congrats

OK Homer. haha

1st&TennBison
10-03-2021, 01:35 AM
I remember there were days with Brock where we only won because of the defense. Maybe we are in that period again.

I remember one game where Brock was the only player to throw two touch down passes and we still lost. Of course they were both pick sixes

tony
10-03-2021, 01:37 AM
How about we do a Nebraska and run toss-sweep with Luepke/Bussey? Think: Gill/Rozier era.

I like it!!!

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 01:37 AM
OK Homer. haha

You know very little about football, obviously. We ran the ball 50 times, didnt turn the ball over,, played great defense and spoiled the biggest game in UND history. We won.

Oh and we went 16-0 in 2019 with this terrible coaching staff. Hasn't been accomplished since the leather helmet days

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 01:39 AM
That being said, he's not a great passer, which is obvious. He should be better than this against the competition we played, but he's barely passed at the same time, so who knows what he can really do?
The coaching staff knows he's not a great passer. He really doesn't need to be if T Roehl wasn't such a fucking idiot.

He can complete 10 yard passes to TE's, but of course, fuck the TE's. They are only our best pass catchers and open pretty much all the time.
He can also sling the ball pretty far, and we seem to have the fastest guy on the field as a wide out. (whether he can catch the ball or not is another question)

Trey Lance only threw for 72 vs James Madison. Is he a shitty QB? We ran for nearly 5 ypc and won.

We win because we don't care about passing stats

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 01:40 AM
May be the dumbest post of the week, and given it's Bisonville, congrats. We had zero turnovers, ran for nearly 5 ypc, didn't use our talent and won the game with great defense, special teams and pounding the rock. That's the opposite of what you said.

Pounded the rock out of shotgun and RPO with QP with 19 carries and K Johnson with 10. When it became nut cutting time went to Luepke. Lupeke and Gonnella are your pounders. 16 carries total. Lupeke 9 Gonnella 7. IDK. You may have the dumbest post saying pounding the rock.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 01:42 AM
Pounded the rock out of shotgun and RPO with QP with 19 carries and K Johnson with 10. When it became nut cutting time went to Luepke. Lupeke and Gonnella are your pounders. 16 carries. IDK. You may have the dumbest post saying pounding the rock.

It's the same game plan we we beat SDSU and James Madison with in 2019 dumb ass. We won both of those remember? UND at their house is not Valpo

DAS BISON
10-03-2021, 01:46 AM
It's the same game plan we we beat SDSU and James Madison with in 2019 dumb ass. We won both of those remember? UND at their house is not Valpo

Haha. Easton Stick as a Senior and Trey Lance ain't walking thru that door. So UND at their house is SDSU & James Madison?

GreenfieldBison
10-03-2021, 02:02 AM
I'll take the players on that team over the coaches. 9 days of the week, 484 days per year.

……., <scratching head>,………, <more head scratching>……

Gotta think on this one Dan. And it ain’t cause you don’t understand the whole earth rotation thing.

Kevin
10-03-2021, 02:08 AM

They also aren’t jmu or sdsu

And their house is a shed.

ThunderDan
10-03-2021, 02:09 AM
Trey Lance only threw for 72 vs James Madison. Is he a shitty QB? We ran for nearly 5 ypc and won.

We win because we don't care about passing stats

You are talking about ONE game...I'm talking about a history of games. Bit of a difference.
Not to mention we almost lost today and probably should have...and the lack of a passing game was a huge reason why.

ThunderDan
10-03-2021, 02:13 AM
……., <scratching head>,………, <more head scratching>……

Gotta think on this one Dan. And it ain’t cause you don’t understand the whole earth rotation thing.

better keep scratching your head my friend. I think you might be the one confused....

JMB
10-03-2021, 02:23 AM
I see a lot of RPO talk.. but I didn't see a lot of Run Pass Option today.

Defense played lights out. I think Rhoel has some work to do add some creativity to the passing game. Some motion to move the defense around.

runtheoption
10-03-2021, 02:26 AM
As a Bison fan, I loved the bonehead play by Schuster.

As a football fan, WTF was he doing? That was an awful pass attempt. There is forcing the action to make something happen, then there was that play. It was so bad I was shocked.

If it was my favorite QB in the NFL doing that, I would blame the offensive line or the OC.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 02:32 AM
Haha. Easton Stick as a Senior and Trey Lance ain't walking thru that door. So UND at their house is SDSU & James Madison?

2019 at SDSU was with Trey. So was the Natty.

Trey ran the ball 30 times vs JMU and threw it 10 times. We won

2019 vs SDSU. Trey Lance throws for 62 yards and runs it 18. We won again

Same formula as today

2017 Natty vs JMU
Easton runs it 14 times, the 2nd most attempts....and only throws for 130 and 5.9 yards per pass. We won

ndsubison1
10-03-2021, 02:38 AM
Und is a formidable opponent this year but result couldve easily been 30-7 and their one TD Eubanks got caught looking in backfield then Center did quick snap. Something that will easily be fixed and addressed.

Our defense is very deep and good. Playcalling was awful for most the game. Watson is a draft pick and Sproles should have tryouts. Where are they? This is a run first team with a lot of QB run. We will need to get used to it, but you gotta utilize the receivers and tight ends can help us a lot.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 02:43 AM
Und is a formidable opponent this year but result couldve easily been 30-7 and their one TD Eubanks got caught looking in backfield then Center did quick snap. Something that will easily be fixed and addressed.

Our defense is very deep and good. Playcalling was awful for most the game. Watson is a draft pick and Sproles should have tryouts. Where are they? This is a run first team with a lot of QB run. We will need to get used to it, but you gotta utilize the receivers and tight ends can help us a lot.

Or we could have had risky throws or a tipped ball pick and UND wins. We had zero turn overs. That's the difference

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 02:46 AM
Or we could have had risky throws or a tipped ball pick and UND wins. We had zero turn overs. That's the difference

This is truth. Offense still needs improvement to go the distance this year though.

Hammersmith

As a football fan, WTF was he doing? That was an awful pass attempt. There is forcing the action to make something happen, then there was that play. It was so bad I was shocked.

If it was my favorite QB in the NFL doing that, I would blame the offensive line or the OC.

The guess(Phil Hanson) is that Schuster just didn't see Dawson Webber. If I had to guess specifics, I'd say Hankey was in the way and covering Webber up when Schuster looked to the right side of the field. Then Schuster looked to the left and straight ahead, but never looked back to his right before releasing the ball. I think what was going through his head was that he could put it over Belquist's head and either Belquist could make a play or it would be harmlessly incomplete. But Webber was there and Schuster badly overthrew it right to him.

If you watch the replay on ESPN+, the play starts a little before the 2:08 mark.

CAS4127

Exhibit A is on ESPN right now. You wanna see a great college QB and an excellent passing game? Check out Auburn QB and their passing offense.

Penn State’s QB is solid as well—>thats on a different channel.

I used to watch these big-time games programs and think we’d play with them. Not anymore. We would get smoked with the O we run.

ndsubison1
10-03-2021, 02:47 AM

Its called quick hitters. Not sure if Watson even touched the ball. Use your talent.

Snowgoose
10-03-2021, 02:52 AM
2019 at SDSU was with Trey. So was the Natty.

Trey ran the ball 30 times vs JMU and threw it 10 times. We won

2019 vs SDSU. Trey Lance throws for 62 yards and runs it 18. We won again

Same formula as today

2017 Natty vs JMU
Easton runs it 14 times, the 2nd most attempts....and only throws for 130 and 5.9 yards per pass. We won

Ya but even though we won those games it seemed the like offense has regressed under Roehl. I used to defend him but not anymore. I wish he would go back and watch tapes from when he played cause we had a creative offense such as screens passes to Travis White periodically. Our offense is offensive.

marenlee
10-03-2021, 02:53 AM
I don’t get what some people are seeing about QP2. He’s a good runner and was difficult to bring down. He’s not avoiding hits like some people are saying. People are just blatantly making shit up at this point. His running won the game. When there’s only 10 pass attempts that’s on Roehl and not the QB. Let’s also not forget about the drops by Kobe and Gindorf which could have been big plays. This thread is already treading hall of shame and makes me want to stay away from Bisonville.

MNLonghorn10
10-03-2021, 02:56 AM
Is Watson injured? I didn’t see one sweep or pass to him the entire game

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 03:00 AM
Is Watson injured? I didn’t see one sweep or pass to him the entire game

UND was playing the sweep hard. Why QP got so much on his runs.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 03:01 AM
Exhibit A is on ESPN right now. You wanna see a great college QB and an excellent passing game? Check out Auburn QB and their passing offense.

I used to watch these big-time games programs and think we’d play with them. Not anymore. We would get smoked with the O we run.

In all fairness, I imagine if we played them we would be a bit more creative like we were vs Iowa and bring out things like the wheel route and some great design. Although that game was pretty similar to today. Ran for almost 250 with Stick being our #2 ball carrier

I wouldn't expect any of our teams to beat a good SEC school. Although Auburn is losing

bajadanny
10-03-2021, 03:10 AM

I agree 100%

natstar1
10-03-2021, 03:12 AM
Even when things go well (like the last drive) it's in spite of the play calling not because of it. Imagine if we start that drive with Kobe (nothing against the kid, just not his day today) and he gets stuffed again?

When we got down to the 3rd and goal did anyone not expect a QB run? Guy got a piece of QP, just not enough to stop him from scoring.

And seriously, do we have any play calls under center that aren't power run, jet sweep or play action pass deep? I don't think we do.
Did we ever run play action under center? I don't think we did.

Watching the game reminded me of Remember the Titans when they only had six plays.

CAS4127
10-03-2021, 03:15 AM
In all fairness, I imagine if we played them we would be a bit more creative like we were vs Iowa and bring out things like the wheel route and some great design. Although that game was pretty similar to today. Ran for almost 250 with Stick being our #2 ball carrier

I wouldn't expect any of our teams to beat a good SEC school. Although Auburn is losing

Spiked cool-aid tonight, Gabe? Feels like you’re defending what is obviously a poor offensive scheme/system.

Phil gave the O a “C” grade today and criticized the play calling to the extent allowed by 1660.

Sugarcoat all you want, but we are not good on offense, and it’s not the players IMO.

ndsubison1
10-03-2021, 03:20 AM

Unfprtunately QP is run first (albeit a good runner) and cant hit the intermediate routes well. Were gonna have to rely on the defense and a strong run game and deal with the 4/10, 10/22 type games. We have the talent to utilize tho.

UpstateBison
10-03-2021, 03:35 AM
Spiked cool-aid tonight, Gabe? Feels like you’re defending what is obviously a poor offensive scheme/system.

Phil gave the O a “C” grade today and criticized the play calling to the extent allowed by 1660.

Sugarcoat all you want, but we are not good on offense, and it’s not the players IMO.

Offense is terrible and it is not the players.

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 03:38 AM
Yikes, Fired Hedberg. What is he doing as a quarterback coach if we only handoff. Purple maybe

told ya, always been overrated. 3 elite qb athletes

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 03:42 AM

this it was a fucking embarrassment. I saw ex NDSU players questioning things.
zero reason that d2 team shouldve been in this game for so long.

steelbison
10-03-2021, 03:51 AM
lol.......seriously. Less than 50 % completion this season. So what, he has chucked the pigskin a couple times and got lucky.

Quick question. When do you think it’s easier to pass. 1st or 2nd down. Or 3rd and long? Because no QB will be that effective only passing on 3rd and long. QP throws a nice ball. He’s not perfect but more than competent.

JohnnyExtacy
10-03-2021, 04:02 AM
I'm sorry, I just read this and had to go back to number 1. What kind of life loser bets money on college programs and then gets pissed when it doesn't turn out the way they want it too...?

Lmao

Kevin
10-03-2021, 04:04 AM
I'm sorry, I just read this and had to go back to number 1. What kind of life loser bets money on college programs and then gets pissed when it doesn't turn out the way they want it too...?

Lmao

It’s all good bro I sent roehl an invoice.

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 04:11 AM

Lmao

we all bet college sports ya NOOB

Kevin
10-03-2021, 04:14 AM
we all bet college sports ya NOOB

Don’t clown him lakes. He has the name of a porn star which means he’s cooler than you.

He also doesn’t have a nose for a joke which means your brilliance, like mine, will be wasted in the effort.

BisonNeil
10-03-2021, 04:14 AM
told ya, always been overrated. 3 elite qb athletes

So what do you mean? Hedberg is overrated? If so you can just go fuck yourself you self-inflated dickhead! How do you think those elite QB athletes became who they are? On their own? If that’s what you’re saying your even a bigger dumbass than I thought you were (which is a ginormous dumbass) and more of a bloviating POS than most of us think you are.

Kevin
10-03-2021, 04:15 AM
So what do you mean? Hedberg is overrated? If so you can just go fuck yourself you self-inflated dickhead! How do you think those elite QB athletes became who they are? On their own? If that’s what you’re saying your even a bigger dumbass than I thought you were (which is a ginormous dumbass) and more of a bloviating POS than most of us think you are.

U mad bro?

BisonNeil
10-03-2021, 04:18 AM
U mad bro?

I am if that Lakes POS is trashing Hedberg! Damn straight I am. Lakes a prick if that is what he is saying!

ByeSonBusiness
10-03-2021, 04:18 AM

62% is like 30% better than he was in FBS....

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 04:19 AM
I am if that Lakes POS is trashing Hedberg! Damn straight I am. Lakes a prick if that is what he is saying!

Bro. You're on the internet. Chillax.

Kevin
10-03-2021, 04:21 AM

He mad bros.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 04:21 AM
62% is like 30% better than he was in FBS....

Quite a few drops as well. I'd like him to be more clutch on 3rd down, but the kid can fit some tight windows. Unless you wanna burn the calfmaster's redshirt, Quincy is our best shot this year.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 04:23 AM

We won the game, ran the ball and didn't turn the ball over. We spoiled the party for UND. UND played really good and we won despite throwing a whopping 10 passes. I'll take that every week

Now vs UNI and SDSU, we need a passing game. We didn't need it today

reformedUNDfan
10-03-2021, 04:24 AM

You'd have a point here but the staff barely let Lance throw the ball.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 04:28 AM
He mad bros.

Randy Hedberg is a SAINT!

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/300x300/15058350.jpg

You understand me?

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 04:29 AM
Quite a few drops as well. I'd like him to be more clutch on 3rd down, but the kid can fit some tight windows. Unless you wanna burn the calfmaster's redshirt, Quincy is our best shot this year.

The one drop would have gone for a TD but it's tough to get into rhythm with 5 passes per half. QP2s running ability won us the game today. That's something we didn't have last year

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 04:30 AM
The one drop would have gone for a TD but it's tough to get into rhythm with 5 passes per half. QP2s running ability won us the game today.

Not just drops today either. Play calling is a bigger issue than QP2's passing abilities.

Kevin
10-03-2021, 04:34 AM
Not just drops today either. Play calling is a bigger issue than QP2's passing abilities.

Yep. It’s the exact same as last year except last year they could blame the dumbed down playbook on zeb being shit and cam being 12 years old.

This team is good enough to win it all. Roehls bs will sink us in the semis again unless something changes.

56BISON73
10-03-2021, 04:34 AM

With the way they were stacking the box and pinching down I was hoping for an off tackle, or quick pitch. How about a play action pass???? But NOOOoooooooo. :sigpalm:

gavin2126
10-03-2021, 04:49 AM
Yep. It’s the exact same as last year except last year they could blame the dumbed down playbook on zeb being shit and cam being 12 years old.

This team is good enough to win it all. Roehls bs will sink us in the semis again unless something changes.Semis!? I just hope we can make the quarters!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211003/4a72f6d83014ffbab0c16b3d501c2c4f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 05:00 AM
With the way they were stacking the box and pinching down I was hoping for an off tackle, or quick pitch. How about a play action pass???? But NOOOoooooooo. :sigpalm:

Ill agree with that. What we really lacked today was off tackle or cut back runs. Bounce the ball outside instead of running into a wall

Power sweep. End arounds. Didnt get any of our speedster on the edge.

But we won so I'll cut him some slack. But if we do it again next week and lose...

EndZoneQB
10-03-2021, 05:04 AM

This man speaks the truth. We coined it third and Patterson...not a good thing.

It's 100% not the players. Barring the QB, and I honestly think QP is talented, this has to be one of the most talented offense we've had during the run. Top to bottom.

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 05:23 AM
He mad bros.

hedberg is a Minot st qb coach if Wentz/Stick/Lance don't fall in his lap. sorry. be mad, don't bother me

MontBison
10-03-2021, 05:52 AM

Christ isn’t that crazy. People are bitching how inaccurate QP is but at least he isn’t throwing out routes for pick 6s to the other team.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2021, 05:57 AM
Christ isn’t that crazy. People are bitching how inaccurate QP is but at least he isn’t throwing out routes for pick 6s to the other team.

Who is whining about QP? Roehls play calling is the problem. Is he limited? Maybe so, but why is it third and QP all the time? HP disappeared until the end of the game, everyone in the stands knew what we were running. It's not QPs fault that he can't bailout a guy making $100k calling plays like Trey Lance could do.

HerdBot
10-03-2021, 07:15 AM

Who is whining about QP? Roehls play calling is the problem. Is he limited? Maybe so, but why is it third and QP all the time? HP disappeared until the end of the game, everyone in the stands knew what we were running. It's not QPs fault that he can't bailout a guy making $100k calling plays like Trey Lance could do.

Only 1 person is blaming QP, who BTW had already rushed for more yards than Cam and Zeb did for the entire season last year. He's completed 62% after 4 games only only thrown 1 pick. Zeb thew a pick within a few drives of most games. For the 2020 spring season we threw 7 TDs and 9 picks. Our bad TOP put the defense on the field too much. Zeb was hit and fumbles seemingly every other game. QP is protecting the football and running the offense well enough to help us dominate TOP, despite a ridiculously conservative Roehl. QP2 is a stud and we will throw more when we need to

G_Funky
10-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Our o line is as soft up the middle as it’s been in years.

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Our o line is as soft up the middle as it’s been in years.

This was my observation too. TR just calls the game he expects his payers to execute. Is it youth? I thought QP2 did fine under the circumstances. He didn’t turn the ball over and he ran well. A couple dropped balls didn’t help.

Bison Dan
10-03-2021, 11:17 AM
This was my observation too. TR just calls the game he expects his payers to execute. Is it youth? I thought QP2 did fine under the circumstances. He didn’t turn the ball over and he ran well. A couple dropped balls didn’t help.

I agree QP needs to lighten up on the close passes and why don't we have a quick slant plays over the middle? und qb throws 5-8 yard passes all game.

Buthockey
10-03-2021, 12:21 PM
Ill agree with that. What we really lacked today was off tackle or cut back runs. Bounce the ball outside instead of running into a wall

Power sweep. End arounds. Didnt get any of our speedster on the edge.

But we won so I'll cut him some slack. But if we do it again next week and lose...

You’re confusing like an East wind eh

runtheoption
10-03-2021, 12:31 PM
Post game thought number 2:

Just read through some of the GDT. I cannot believe a couple people were saying go for the 2 point conversion. WTF? We scored the TD, and it was 15-7. We are ahead by 8. You kick the extra point to go up 16-7 every time, all the time, in that stage of the game, so that you are now up two scores. The coaches were 100% right on that call, and if you disagree on that, please go relearn 3rd grade math and never again comment on a Bison GDT.

scottietohottie
10-03-2021, 12:40 PM
Phil Hansen questions the play calling. In the nicest way possible.

BisonHorns
10-03-2021, 12:49 PM

Just clearing this up. This was a joke. I think Hedbegs Fucks.

scottietohottie
10-03-2021, 12:52 PM
Just clearing this up. This was a joke. I think Hedbegs Fucks.

Hahahahaha a joke! Just like Tyler's play calling!

dewey
10-03-2021, 01:12 PM

Amen! This constant run the ball up the middle and ignore everything else feels like Polasek. TP's play calling against Iowa was very good but otherwise this looks the same to me.

Dewey

WYOBISONMAN
10-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Midco makes me puke.

dewey
10-03-2021, 01:19 PM

Just read through some of the GDT. I cannot believe a couple people were saying go for the 2 point conversion. WTF? We scored the TD, and it was 15-7. We are ahead by 8. You kick the extra point to go up 16-7 every time, all the time, in that stage of the game, so that you are now up two scores. The coaches were 100% right on that call, and if you disagree on that, please go relearn 3rd grade math and never again comment on a Bison GDT.

100% agree. With the extra point you force GFCC to score twice against a very salty NDSU defense. With a failed 2 point conversion GFCC could score a td and 2 point conversion to tie the game.

Agreed that the coaches were 100% right on that.

Dewey

THEsocalledfan
10-03-2021, 01:19 PM
100% agree. With the extra point you force GFCC to score twice against a very salty NDSU defense. With a failed 2 point conversion GFCC could score a td and 2 point conversion to tie the game.

Agreed that the coaches were 100% right on that.

Dewey

Math is hard.

awBison
10-03-2021, 01:40 PM

This. I'm not saying this was the best team and the best game that ndsu has ever had, but these guys worked hard and got the win. A "fan" that craps on their team for a hard fought win isn't a fan worth having. D was great, QP seems much better than anything I saw last spring. Some of the incomplete passes were not even on him. They'll improve and a 4-0 record is damn good with how hard it is to win. Is this a championship team? I guess we'll see what the remaining games hold for us, but either way I see how these kids are working and grinding out there and I think they deserve more credit than many so called fans are giving them.

GreenfieldBison
10-03-2021, 02:06 PM
Math is hard.

Sadly in this case it's not even math but just simple arithmetic.

G_Funky
10-03-2021, 02:11 PM

Hard to not see a correlation in o line play and the coaches we had at that position. I’m sure Larson is a fine man, but he’s not Scott Fuchs, Connor Riley, or AJ Blazek. I know it was late in the spring when AJ left and we needed a guy but why on earth we wouldn’t have went out and got someone that’s actually coached the position for this fall, especially after the subpar spring performance, is beyond me.

scottietohottie
10-03-2021, 02:13 PM
Hard to not see a correlation in o line play and the coaches we had at that position. I’m sure Larson is a fine man, but he’s not Scott Fuchs, Connor Riley, or AJ Blazek. I know it was late in the spring when AJ left and we needed a guy but why on earth we wouldn’t have went out and got someone that’s actually coached the position for this fall, especially after the subpar spring performance, is beyond me.

Need more meat head. Bison smash! Bison smash!

I honestly think that's the head coach and oc's thought process.

Smash. Brah smash.

scottietohottie
10-03-2021, 02:14 PM
It's not working.
Smash harder

StL Bison Fan
10-03-2021, 02:50 PM
I have never been to the grand forks for a football game. And don’t want to go back.
We decided to just go to the game and come back to Fargo for dinner and not tailgate.
The parking was a mess. We parked in their overflow which was a field with some ropes. People just parked wherever. After the game they have one exit onto the one street that goes by the alerus. We saw other cars using a road between two houses so we decided to go out that way. But! There was no road and we were just driving on grass between two houses :sigpalm:
One door to go in and trash all around (see Roads picture of lot)
Some of the drunks around us couldn’t even get to their seats. Of course they did have each hand full of beer so walking is hard.
I usually dread going to brookings but now even that doesn’t look so bad. Other than the drunk who kept shaking my shoulders telling me they were just having fun, their fans were fine.
We don’t have it too bad in Fargo. In fact it’s pretty nice. I now have a better appreciation of all that goes into our GameDay

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 02:53 PM
It's not working.
Smash harder

It is pretty awesome when it works though.

tony
10-03-2021, 02:59 PM
It is pretty awesome when it works though.

It's hard to imagine any play more beautiful than Luepke running around, over, and through UND's entire defense for 14 yards and then getting a team-assisted bonus 7 yards.

1st&TennBison
10-03-2021, 03:09 PM
I have never been to the grand forks for a football game. And don’t want to go back.
We decided to just go to the game and come back to Fargo for dinner and not tailgate.
The parking was a mess. We parked in their overflow which was a field with some ropes. People just parked wherever. After the game they have one exit onto the one street that goes by the alerus. We saw other cars using a road between two houses so we decided to go out that way. But! There was no road and we were just driving on grass between two houses :sigpalm:
One door to go in and trash all around (see Roads picture of lot)
Some of the drunks around us couldn’t even get to their seats. Of course they did have each hand full of beer so walking is hard.
I usually dread going to brookings but now even that doesn’t look so bad. Other than the drunk who kept shaking my shoulders telling me they were just having fun, their fans were fine.
We don’t have it too bad in Fargo. In fact it’s pretty nice. I now have a better appreciation of all that goes into our GameDay

This was my first trip ever to the chicken hawk coop. That place is a freaking dump. Sat in section 214. That side of the stadium only had one concession stand open and only two lines to pay at. The parking for sure is a joke at best. And their fans trash (with garbage) everything, their fans smashing beer bottles. And forget about the chit show with trying to get inside the building, took us 45 minutes. And the place is nothing better than a glorified Fargo Civic Center. God I love the Fargodome.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 03:10 PM
It's hard to imagine any play more beautiful than Luepke running around, over, and through UND's entire defense for 14 yards and then getting a team-assisted bonus 7 yards.

Smash Bros game plan did finally work. Just needed to smash with Luepke instead of Kobe. Still want to know why no Williams or Bussey hitting the edge of a change of pace all game.

NodakGreg
10-03-2021, 03:12 PM

I think your comments are spot on. I was not at the game I was at my sons homecoming game at VCSU playing a hopeless Mayville State program.
VCSU is really good for ND D3 team, fun to watch. But looking at my phone, seeing the score 7-6 in first half, I about puked. Everyone at VCSU game was talking about how close the Bison/Sioux Game is....it sounds like TR needs to be put on the fricken hot seat, Entz and the coaching staff need to get back to opening the playbook otherwise this team can't just run 90% of the time. I would have been throwing my TV Brick at the tv if I would have watched this yesterday with @#@#$# at TR all game long and Entz as well.

Your points on DFENSE and Special teams sound perfect.

Every comment so far on this Bisonville site this morning look to be 98% agreed upon, tuff game no doubt, we got a taste of Bison Dome Nation noise, and it makes UND look better then they are? Or NDSU look worse then they are when they only use 50 % of the playbook on offense, and don't use the fastest wide receiver in Football at all for at least 3 bombs during the game Mr. Watson? CMON MAN!

We are for sure not going to win the MVFC this year with the other teams getting better and ALL know what we are going to do no matter what! RUN, RUN, Run,.,.,,, everyone knows this and will shove it down our throats this year. If we can't even get to be Co-Champs for playoffs, we are doomed with a limited offensive coach! TR you need to open up your mind and use the talent you have around you and plays of champion teams past that WORK!

Thank God that Bubba is not a smart coach and called the dumbest play in history with 4th and 2 on your own 20????? And your team was shutting down the Bison all day! WOW!

I love this POST Game discussion topic. I laugh my ass off thanks everyone.

Nodak Greg - Go Bison - Cmon we can better, but UND has improved some....

StL Bison Fan
10-03-2021, 03:17 PM
This was my first trip ever to the chicken hawk coop. That place is a freaking dump. Sat in section 214. That side of the stadium only had one concession stand open and only two lines to pay at. The parking for sure is a joke at best. And their fans trash (with garbage) everything, their fans smashing beer bottles. And forget about the chit show with trying to get inside the building, took us 45 minutes. And the place is nothing better than a glorified Fargo Civic Center. God I love the Fargodome.

We were in 213. The view was good.
The Uni dome is so much better. Think about that for a minute…

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 03:31 PM

yea that's football 101 CAS was drunk and others that followed him equally drunk, we will let it slide. eh Cas?

mtoutfitter
10-03-2021, 03:46 PM
Personally I'd like to see Cam Miller have a chance to show what he can do, I'm sure he's improved/matured since being thrown into the fire last spring.

Gully
10-03-2021, 03:54 PM

This. I loved that play. That drive was about the only joy I took from the game but what a nice drive it was.

tjbison
10-03-2021, 03:58 PM

Lol...keep spinning that wheel bro

In reality we put everything we know how to call on film, TR flat out sucks as an Offensive play caller, but where the fuck is Hedberg to help, maybe both are over their head calling plays and should just stay position coaching.

Let's be real, if this team has the opportunity to move to FBS this staff is not the one to take us there

Gully
10-03-2021, 03:59 PM
After reflecting on the game and drinking heavily....

Field goals and punting were excellent!
Defense was unreal as well.
Quincy is taking more heat/criticism than he should. I think he can throw the ball pretty well and they needed to give him more opportunities. There were 2-3 drops out of the incompletions....Kobe had a big play that he dropped and the TE had a first down that he dropped late in the game...I think there was one more as well. QP runs well straight ahead but needs to be a bit more decisive and not run too far laterally.

The big head scratcher for me is why not more passing when they sell out on the run. I'm fine with a lot of running but then use Luepke! I was screaming at the TV most of the game and finally at the end they went to it and it worked.

A lot to work on and this should light a fire under some people heading into a touch homecoming game against UNI.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2021, 04:05 PM

Quincy is taking more heat/criticism than he should. I think he can throw the ball pretty well and they needed to give him more opportunities. There were 2-3 drops out of the incompletions....Kobe had a big play that he dropped and the TE had a first down that he dropped late in the game...I think there was one more as well. QP runs well straight ahead but needs to be a bit more decisive and not run too far laterally.

The big head scratcher for me is why not more passing when they sell out on the run. I'm fine with a lot of running but then use Luepke! I was screaming at the TV most of the game and finally at the end they went to it and it worked.

A lot to work on and this should light a fire under some people heading into a touch homecoming game against UNI.
As far as the drops go I thought watching in real time that both the drop by Kobe and the one by Gindorff were "ugly balls" coming out of Quincy's hand. Both still should be caught but there's something to be said for throwing a catchable ball and I think Quincy needs to keep working on that.

Kevin
10-03-2021, 04:21 PM
Did anyone bitch about Messingham? We had fire Vigen, fuck Polasek and now the TR threads but I don't remember anything about Mess.

I can see why we didn't. I was watching some highlights of the 2018 team and I'd kill to have that playbook back.

Granted a lot of that is Easton being Easton but still. It was balanced and it had an edge to it.

Professor Chaos
10-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Did anyone bitch about Messingham? We had fire Vigen, fuck Polasek and now the TR threads but I don't remember anything about Mess.

I can see why we didn't. I was watching some highlights of the 2018 team and I'd kill to have that playbook back.

Granted a lot of that is Easton being Easton but still. It was balanced and it had an edge to it.
I feel like this is a rhetorical question...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38463-Messingham-Orders-Vanilla-at-Coldstone!!

Kevin
10-03-2021, 04:31 PM
I feel like this is a rhetorical question...

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38463-Messingham-Orders-Vanilla-at-Coldstone!!

Lakes explain yourself.

Bison03
10-03-2021, 06:04 PM
All these fire (insert OC here) threads are ridiculous. For as many games, conference, and national titles we have won, you think that people would realize they are pretty good. Imagine if we were a consistent 6-5 team.

NDSU92
10-03-2021, 06:12 PM
All these fire (insert OC here) threads are ridiculous. For as many games, conference, and national titles we have won, you think that people would realize they are pretty good. Imagine if we were a consistent 6-5 team.

Imagine if we had the talent of a 6-5 team. We’d be lucky to be 6-5. The fact we showed more creativity against Valpo while up by twenty in the first ten minutes at home, than against a top 10 rival in their stadium baffles me. Amongst a great many other things.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 06:16 PM
Barney been back since?

roadwarrior
10-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Why is it so difficult to exit that building? What would happen in an emergency situation?

td577
10-03-2021, 06:30 PM
Man the lighting in the Alerus garage sucks. There is not thing I can say positive about that place. Incredibly long lines for everything.

The default for un_ fans is they always have hockey and why not fight. I was not impressed with their fans.

A win is a win. I wasn't as bothered as others by the play calling. They were blitzing a lot. The Bison were still getting into scoring position and converting.

When the Bison absolutely had to score a TD to put the game away, they did. NDSU can still win an ugly game. That is positive.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
10-03-2021, 06:49 PM

With the way they were stacking the box and pinching down I was hoping for an off tackle, or quick pitch. How about a play action pass???? But NOOOoooooooo. :sigpalm:Correct me if im wrong.. nearly every loss we have had in the last 10 years it is the same story. Its like a passing contest. Bison get stubborn and pound and pound it between the tackles. We don't "wear teams down" like we used to. Need to use the whole playback and be more balanced. I little more passing and more outside runs, then hit it up inside. Make them pay for stacking the box.

NDSU92
10-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Why is it so difficult to exit that building? What would happen in an emergency situation?

If I had to spend three hours in that shithole and the opportunity presented itself, I’d spend a least a couple seconds contemplating jumping into the fire

El_Chapo
10-03-2021, 07:38 PM
Lakes explain yourself.

mess was boring as your mom just laying there the other night.....

OrygunBison
10-03-2021, 08:25 PM

Count me in on that retarded criticism for about 30 seconds. Then I did the math and felt somewhat dumb.

CAS4127
10-03-2021, 09:26 PM
Count me in on that retarded criticism for about 30 seconds. Then I did the math and felt somewhat dumb.

I mentioned going for 2, and still feel it’s debatable. Not arguing we screwed up kicking, just saying that we weren’t up by two scores after, if you think about it.

Up 9.

TD, extra point and field goal beat us: cuz that’s 10 points. Think: we aren’t actually up 2 scores/we can get beat by a point with them getting 2 basic scores. We go for 2 and get it, we are then up by 2 scores. For them to beat us, they’d have to go for 2 on a TD.

We don’t get the 2, and they go for 2 after TD and get it: tie. Another field goal by them still beats us, just like if they had TD, 1 pt. extra point and field goal.

In short, room for debate/discussion.

Up 9 gave them a chance to win with TD, kick and field goal. That’s why they kicked FG and went with on-side kick.

gavin2126
10-03-2021, 10:52 PM
I mentioned going for 2, and still feel it’s debatable. Not arguing we screwed up kicking, just saying that we weren’t up by two scores after, if you think about it.

Up 9.

TD, extra point and field goal beat us: cuz that’s 10 points. Think: we aren’t actually up 2 scores/we can get beat by a point with them getting 2 basic scores. We go for 2 and get it, we are then up by 2 scores. For them to beat us, they’d have to go for 2 on a TD.

We don’t get the 2, and they go for 2 after TD and get it: tie. Another field goal by them still beats us, just like if they had TD, 1 pt. extra point and field goal.

In short, room for debate/discussion.

Up 9 gave them a chance to win with TD, kick and field goal. That’s why they kicked FG and went with on-side kick.The odds of them scoring, recovering an onside kick, and scoring again in that time span are so small that the difference between a 9 or 10 point lead is miniscule. Only having an 8 point lead gives them a much better chance of winning.

If it were us what position would you rather be in with 75 seconds to go, down 8 or down 9? I'd take being down 8 in a heartbeat. The best rule of thumb for coaching decisions that I've ever saw is ask what the other team is hoping you do, and do the opposite.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
10-03-2021, 11:08 PM
We should have moved up when we had Klieman at the helm. He almost beat OU again! This coaching staff is not going to take us anywhere in the FBS.

tony
10-03-2021, 11:28 PM
We should have moved up when we had Klieman at the helm. He almost beat OU again! This coaching staff is not going to take us anywhere in the FBS.

They could take us away from the shit show that is UND so we'd have that going for us. :)

1998braves64
10-03-2021, 11:33 PM
Maybe I am blind by "rivalry" but to me going for 2 and making it really takes the wind out of their sail. Not so much that it makes it a true 2 score game for me. I'm still on team CAS not that I don't understand why they kick the PAT to require 2 scores to beat us.

I still think scoring a TD and getting 2 is pretty minimal chance with little over a minute and no timeouts. Even then it's still only tied.

Was applying play to win on the road adage. I'm still on team CAS. Not really trying to change minds here as obviously most disagree. Just a little annoying when indicated that don't know simple math. I knew exactly what was at "stake" points wise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

garbageman
10-03-2021, 11:35 PM
Have either teams press conferences been posted?

OrygunBison
10-03-2021, 11:36 PM
What's very clear to me after reading this thread is that there's a very good reason that none of us on this board coach football for a living.

Kevin
10-03-2021, 11:40 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/5p5flq.jpg

tony
10-03-2021, 11:40 PM
What's very clear to me after reading this thread is that there's a very good reason that none of us on this board coach football for a living.

I was listening to some college broadcast yesterday (probably WI v MI) and the color guy was saying, "The D needs to bring the pressure on this 3rd down. Their offense hasn't handled it all day!" So the D brought the pressure and the offense threw a screen for a huge gain. It was glorious.

OrygunBison
10-03-2021, 11:48 PM
I was listening to some college broadcast yesterday (probably WI v MI) and the color guy was saying, "The D needs to bring the pressure on this 3rd down. Their offense hasn't handled it all day!" So the D brought the pressure and the offense threw a screen for a huge gain. It was glorious.

Exactly. I can barely handle coaching middle schoolers...although admittedly, 8th graders are the worst human beings on the planet.

gavin2126
10-03-2021, 11:54 PM
Maybe I am blind by "rivalry" but to me going for 2 and making it really takes the wind out of their sail. Not so much that it makes it a true 2 score game for me. I'm still on team CAS not that I don't understand why they kick the PAT to require 2 scores to beat us.

I still think scoring a TD and getting 2 is pretty minimal chance with little over a minute and no timeouts. Even then it's still only tied.

Was applying play to win on the road adage. I'm still on team CAS. Not really trying to change minds here as obviously most disagree. Just a little annoying when indicated that don't know simple math. I knew exactly what was at "stake" points wise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.If the situation was reversed what would you want Bubbles to do, go for 2 or kick it? The Bison would be begging him to go for 2, which makes the opposite choice the right thing to do.

Pretty much like his decision to go for it on 4th down from his own 20. Every Bison fan was hoping they'd go for it because of how poorly we were moving the ball, which means he should've punted.

ThunderDan
10-04-2021, 12:39 AM

Two types of people on here:

1. Drunk and stupid and legitimately don't know shit.
2. Those who have a clue and are less dumb than Entz and Roehl combined.

Raise your hand if you thought "I'll ice my own kicker" was something you'd execute if you were coaching.

1998braves64
10-04-2021, 12:49 AM
If the situation was reversed what would you want Bubbles to do, go for 2 or kick it? The Bison would be begging him to go for 2, which makes the opposite choice the right thing to do.

Pretty much like his decision to go for it on 4th down from his own 20. Every Bison fan was hoping they'd go for it because of how poorly we were moving the ball, which means he should've punted.

Sent from my LG-H931 using TapatalkKick it because going for two and being successful essentially is nail in the coffin and after that last drive wouldn't be trusting the D to stop 2 point conversion. Guess that's just me and my thought maybe played too much Madden as a kid??

gavin2126
10-04-2021, 01:18 AM
Kick it because going for two and being successful essentially is nail in the coffin and after that last drive wouldn't be trusting the D to stop 2 point conversion. Guess that's just me and my thought maybe played too much Madden as a kid??

Kicking it adds like 15 nails to the coffin, a successful 2 point try really only adds like 1 or 2 more. I’d take a roughly 50% chance of being down 8 over a 99% chance of being down 9 every single time. Of course neither situation is ideal but scoring 1 TD & converting a 2 point try is much more manageable than scoring, recovering an onside kick, and scoring again.

sbark
10-04-2021, 01:38 AM
I agree QP needs to lighten up on the close passes and why don't we have a quick slant plays over the middle? und qb throws 5-8 yard passes all game.

He just missed connecting to the RB on a slant that would've appeared to go for big yards
Would've been a confidence booster.
TR surprisingly didn't go back to it

PlrbrBison
10-04-2021, 02:16 AM

Kinda feels that way. But sept fer we one.

PlrbrBison
10-04-2021, 02:23 AM

Amen to that

PlrbrBison
10-04-2021, 02:32 AM

Lot's of truth. I wanted to see Leupke run on them all day like spring ball, but we won without having to use 44 and saved him for UNI & SDSU.

PlrbrBison
10-04-2021, 03:07 AM

hedberg is a Minot st qb coach if Wentz/Stick/Lance don't fall in his lap. sorry. be mad, don't bother me

Good night

reformedUNDfan
10-04-2021, 03:11 AM
NDSU would have done better had they not repeatedly called running plays on 3rd and 7+

PlrbrBison
10-04-2021, 03:18 AM

[QUOTE=tony;1524953]It's hard to imagine any play more beautiful than Luepke running around, over, and through UND's entire defense for 14 yards and then getting a team-assisted bonus 7 yards.[/QU

PlrbrBison
10-04-2021, 03:19 AM

Preach Tony

PlrbrBison
10-04-2021, 03:35 AM

QP really needs to make quicker decisions. A couple of his sacks just looked like deer in headlight paralized.

EC8CH
10-04-2021, 03:41 AM
QP really needs to make quicker decisions. A couple of his sacks just looked like deer in headlight paralized.

Only one I remember Mauch wiffed on a delayed blitzer right up the middle. QP just has to trust his line on that one.

Bison03
10-04-2021, 03:45 AM
Why is this even a debate?! If you can go up 9 with a PAT, you do it. You make them have to score twice. You attempt a 2 point conversion and fail, they can tie it with a td and successful 2 point conversion. The likelihood of either happening are low, but I’ll take a 9 point lead with only a little time left vs an 8 point lead. Also, STFU about Entz icing his kicker. They were discussIng if they wanted to go for it as it was 4th an 1. Ultimately decided to kick and he made it.

mtoutfitter
10-04-2021, 04:15 AM
Why is this even a debate?! If you can go up 9 with a PAT, you do it. You make them have to score twice. You attempt a 2 point conversion and fail, they can tie it with a td and successful 2 point conversion. The likelihood of either happening are low, but I’ll take a 9 point lead with only a little time left vs an 8 point lead. Also, STFU about Entz icing his kicker. They were discussIng if they wanted to go for it as it was 4th an 1. Ultimately decided to kick and he made it.

I agree with your comment on the icing. I'm sure the fact that the starting center was no longer in the game had something to do with the decision not to go for it.

El_Chapo
10-04-2021, 04:49 AM
PL quit talking shit about me on the und board, I've had a few people tell me that now. how the fuck am I obsessed with und, I could care less, I didnt fucking go, treat them like the d2 program that they are I say

dumbass.

56BISON73
10-04-2021, 05:21 AM
PL quit talking shit about me on the und board, I've had a few people tell me that now. how the fuck am I obsessed with und, I could care less, I didnt fucking go, treat them like the d2 program that they are I say

dumbass.

For someone who could careless you sure post about UND a lot. As a matter of fact nobody posts more about UND than you. OBTW you dont want people talking about you???? Quit posting stupid shit.

ps What were you doing at the UND board???? :rofl: JFC youre an idiot.

bisonforever
10-04-2021, 05:57 AM
I just watched the replay of the UND game. They had a pretty good defensive game plan. But their safeties are terrible! If your safeties are not good, you are not good!

NDSU92
10-04-2021, 11:19 AM
I just watched the replay of the UND game. They had a pretty good defensive game plan. But their safeties are terrible! If your safeties are not good, you are not good!

Go tell Roehl

El_Chapo
10-04-2021, 12:29 PM
For someone who could careless you sure post about UND a lot. As a matter of fact nobody posts more about UND than you. OBTW you dont want people talking about you???? Quit posting stupid shit.

ps What were you doing at the UND board???? :rofl: JFC youre an idiot.

stfu , I'm the biggest D1 FBS guy on this board, we should be FBS but people like you & anyone that went up there Saturday are the ones holding us back. freakin jokes

td577
10-04-2021, 12:57 PM
I can't imagine how stupid this thread would be if the Bison had lost.

This was el forkos super bowl. They threw everything they had and played like it was the last game of their lives. There were f'n hawk fans at their first football game of their lives. They still lost.

This game is a perfect example of what the Bison see every week. Programs dream of beating the Bison. Everything about their program is with their first goal in mind. Beat the Bison.

The Bison can't have this kind of singular focus. They are every other programs super bowl opponent. NDSU had to stay on their regular schedule, even on a bye week. Get healthy, prep for conference play, and spend their 4 days on un_ game plan. Un_ has spent some resources on a Bison game plan since they joined the valley. I guarantee it. UNI spends every waking hour on beating the Bison and openly talk about it.

Even with un_'s souixper game planning, souixper intensity, and souixper fan turnout, they still lost.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

RonMexico
10-04-2021, 01:04 PM
1) You really fucked me out of a nice payday TR. Please consult the playbook thread for some fucking ideas. Here's some words I never thought I'd have to type: THANK GOD I BET ON MISERY STATE AND THE YOTES.
2) How's this for a stat line? QP 4/10 for 48 yards. Miller 1/1 for 9 yards.
3) Luepke literally put this team on his back and bailed out Roehl. 9 carries for 5.1 yards a piece on average. I think like 7 of those came on the last drive. Where was he the rest of the time? Guy ran mad. Because he probably was!
4) UND sucks. Grand Forks sucks. Midco sucks. That field sucks.
5) Special teams was elite. Great job boys and thank you for saving us from national embarrassment.
6) Prepare for regional embarrassment. The Valley media will twist this into a moral victory. I recommend the headline "the gap is getting smaller between NDSU and UND." or maybe "UND striking closer to dominance in restarted rivalry".
7) Can SDSU cover 42.5 to make me back some of the money that TR STOLE FROM ME?

8) Tyler Roehl is horrible

SDbison
10-04-2021, 01:17 PM
8) Tyler Roehl is horrible Question is does Matt Entz or Tyler Roehl realize that? If not, we as fans will continue to see the offense often struggle to get going. Did Roehl notice how passing to the TEs a few more times a game helped? Do it some more! Did Hedberg notice how bad his starting QB is with short passes? Get to work on him so he does better and maybe some screen passes can be added to the game plan.

RonMexico
10-04-2021, 01:33 PM
This. I'm not saying this was the best team and the best game that ndsu has ever had, but these guys worked hard and got the win. A "fan" that craps on their team for a hard fought win isn't a fan worth having. D was great, QP seems much better than anything I saw last spring. Some of the incomplete passes were not even on him. They'll improve and a 4-0 record is damn good with how hard it is to win. Is this a championship team? I guess we'll see what the remaining games hold for us, but either way I see how these kids are working and grinding out there and I think they deserve more credit than many so called fans are giving them.

No one is crapping on the team or the players, we are crapping on the horrible play calling. The players did the best the could with that atrocious game plan. Sorry, but if a team is sending the farm every other play, you don't keep running the ball up the middle right into them. You run a screen, you run a counter, you get something to the outside. That is football 101. The entire game the defensive ends were crashing down hard and just totally ignoring their contain responsibilities and not once did Roehl take advantage of it.

It just seems that Roehl has no ability to make any adjustments in game. He has his game plan and that is what he is going to run whether it is working or not. I don't care if the defense is giving us that outside run, that isn't in my game plan this week so we aren't doing it. I don't care if they are selling out and just giving us the screen, that isn't in the game plan this week so we ain't doing it. We are just going to keep pounding our head against this wall and hopefully we break through.

scottietohottie
10-04-2021, 01:35 PM
No one is crapping on the team or the players, we are crapping on the horrible play calling. The players did the best the could with that atrocious game plan. Sorry, but if a team is sending the farm every other play, you don't keep running the ball up the middle right into them. You run a screen, you run a counter, you get something to the outside. That is football 101. The entire game the defensive ends were crashing down hard and just totally ignoring their contain responsibilities and not once did Roehl take advantage of it.

It just seems that Roehl has no ability to make any adjustments in game. He has his game plan and that is what he is going to run whether it is working or not. I don't care if the defense is giving us that outside run, that isn't in my game plan this week so we aren't doing it. I don't care if they are selling out and just giving us the screen, that isn't in the game plan this week so we ain't doing it. We are just going to keep pounding our head against this wall and hopefully we break through.

Won't be long and it will affect recruiting. Can't see why any qb or receiver would want to play for a team who runs 80% of the time.

Hammerhead
10-04-2021, 01:40 PM
Won't be long and it will affect recruiting. Can't see why any qb or receiver would want to play for a team who runs 80% of the time.

Yet somehow the last three QBs have been drafted by NFL teams.

scottietohottie
10-04-2021, 01:41 PM

Yeah with Tyler Roehl? Take out the 2019 season and how does his resume look?

23Bison
10-04-2021, 01:43 PM
We lol there is running the ball 80% of the time and then there is what TR does. Up the gut 75% of the time with the QB then run QB 4% and add a sweep to Watson for a %.

scottietohottie
10-04-2021, 01:43 PM
Like I said before. Phil Hansen puts Tyler down in the nicest way possible but you can tell he's frustrated with what's going on. That's all I needed to hear. Phil gets it big time.

23Bison
10-04-2021, 01:48 PM
Like I said before. Phil Hansen puts Tyler down in the nicest way possible but you can tell he's frustrated with what's going on. That's all I needed to hear. Phil gets it big time.

Oh it’s more than noticeable. It’s got that “what are we doing on offense” feel to it.

tolnabison
10-04-2021, 01:55 PM
8) Tyler Roehl is horrible

What I think is funny is that when Entz assembled this staff, he surrounded a first time OC (Tyler Roehl) with three other OCs at their previous stops. Wide Receiver coach Pauley was the OC at Duluth. Hired as RB coach and now Oline coach was the OC/HC at Wisconsin-Eau Claire, before then the OC at Duluth. New RB coach Joe Beschorner was the OC for at Mankato. Do these people not have any input? Or passing game schemes we can add to our plan.

G_Funky
10-04-2021, 02:12 PM
Two types of people on here:

1. Drunk and stupid and legitimately don't know shit.
2. Those who have a clue and are less dumb than Entz and Roehl combined.

Raise your hand if you thought "I'll ice my own kicker" was something you'd execute if you were coaching.

Entz was visibly upset after that…I think he called timeout because he wanted to go for it but must have gotten talked down.

23Bison
10-04-2021, 02:15 PM
What I think is funny is that when Entz assembled this staff, he surrounded a first time OC (Tyler Roehl) with three other OCs at their previous stops. Wide Receiver coach Pauley was the OC at Duluth. Hired as RB coach and now Oline coach was the OC/HC at Wisconsin-Eau Claire, before then the OC at Duluth. New RB coach Joe Beschorner was the OC for at Mankato. Do these people not have any input? Or passing game schemes we can add to our plan.
Doesn’t Randy have OC experience also?

Sioux27
10-04-2021, 02:15 PM
He got confused which 20 it was.

That literally made me laugh out loud!!

steelbison
10-04-2021, 02:18 PM

Honestly you don't see any difference between our Previous OC and Tyler?

if not maybe try paying attention. Our passing game is almost nonexistent.

Honest question, why would you want to come here right now to play QB or WR or TE for that matter. So you can throw the ball 10 times a game?