PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Game 4: UND Preview

tony
09-29-2021, 02:46 PM
OK, I usually sandbag, but the argument that "NDSU has never won in the Alerus" when the last game was two decades ago doesn't hold that much water with me.

I'm not sure that all the home cooking in the world can help UND (like it did against SDSU last year) when NDSU won the game last season with their worst team in 10 years - and NDSU lost the turnover battle too! NDSU did not just beat them... they stomped UND into a thin paste. UND did not match up physically against an NDSU team that had one healthy RB.

I think that NDSU has improved this year; I'm not sure that UND has improved at all. True, they won't have to deal with the FargoDome crowd so they've got that going for them. And, of course, the game is about matchups. If UND can stop the run and pressure QP, then that might derail the Bison offense completely and then, with some timely penalties and turnover help, UND might be able to pull off a big upset - especially if they are allowed to jump on Christian Watson's back and ride him down the field like they usually do. QP hasn't seemed very aware of pressure coming so that's a big factor too.

Grizzled
09-29-2021, 03:01 PM
The Townson game will be a better game than this one. How many times can we run A gap power in a row??

totoinfl
09-29-2021, 03:56 PM
The Townson game will be a better game than this one. How many times can we run A gap power in a row??

18 then they beg for us to do something else.

Bison03
09-29-2021, 04:14 PM
The gameplan will be the same as the spring when we ran it down their throats for 320 yards and 5.9 yards per carry. And that was basically with one healthy back in Luepke who ran for 190 of those. Here are the yards per carry average for our backs this year. Gonnella: 8.2, Williams: 9.1, Bussey: 9.0, Luepke: 11.5, and even Patterson averages 5.2. Run power over and over until they cheat up, then hit our tight ends and bomb it to Watson. If we limit mistakes, I dont see any reason why this game isn’t similar to the game in the spring.

tony
09-29-2021, 04:23 PM
The gameplan will be the same as the spring when we ran it down their throats for 320 yards and 5.9 yards per carry. And that was basically with one healthy back in Luepke who ran for 190 of those. Here are the yards per carry average for our backs this year. Gonnella: 8.2, Williams: 9.1, Bussey: 9.0, Luepke: 11.5, and even Patterson averages 5.2. Run power over and over until they cheat up, then hit our tight ends and bomb it to Watson. If we limit mistakes, I dont see any reason why this game isn’t similar to the game in the spring.

Yeah, UND's big hope is to guess right on run blitzes and get NDSU behind schedule.

This not the usual kind of a stat so bear with me:

If you were born before 1949 (so you are 72+) or you were born between 1990 and 1998 (but not 1997) then in your lifetime, UND probably has had a winning record against NDSU (depends on the time of the year your were born.) And that 1990-1998 deal only exists because UND missed 8-10 of NDSU's greatest teams.

Twincitybizon
09-29-2021, 04:24 PM
I actually hope we get more creative than folks here want. We need work on QPs timing, hitting rbs out of the backfield against lbs.
In coverage. Hitting our TEs over the middle in little hitches/option routes. Run the ball yes. But I want Roehl to work on calling the best game with rhythm

oldmantutters
09-29-2021, 04:30 PM
Run up the score on these fuckers. We've gotta improve our Sagarin ranking.

tolnabison
09-29-2021, 04:31 PM
In the spring season our QBs gained 15 total yards on the ground. In 2019 with Trey he ran for 95 yards. Having QP as a threat in the designed QB run game just adds one more element they have to prepare for in our running game.

Bison 4 Life
09-29-2021, 04:34 PM
I finally read through their thread at the HYB. They have a very outsized opinion of their fanbase.

Grizzled
09-29-2021, 04:34 PM
In the spring season our QBs gained 15 total yards on the ground. In 2019 with Trey he ran for 95 yards. Having QP as a threat in the designed QB run game just adds one more element they have to prepare for in our running game.

Save that shit for UNI/NDSU. Why risk some fluky injury happening in a game that we can run it right at them with running backs and still win by 21+. If we want to show off QP, throw a deep ball or two to Watson. They can’t cover him either.

Kevin
09-29-2021, 04:39 PM
I'll be taking NDSU no matter what the spread is on this one.

tolnabison
09-29-2021, 04:48 PM

Save that shit for UNI/NDSU. Why risk some fluky injury happening in a game that we can run it right at them with running backs and still win by 21+. If we want to show off QP, throw a deep ball or two to Watson. They can’t cover him either.

Doesn't change the fact they have to prepare for it? Doesn't mean we have to use it.

BISONBRI53
09-29-2021, 05:17 PM
I actually hope we get more creative than folks here want. We need work on QPs timing, hitting rbs out of the backfield against lbs.
In coverage. Hitting our TEs over the middle in little hitches/option routes. Run the ball yes. But I want Roehl to work on calling the best game with rhythm

Not a chance this happens. TR does not know how to do that. He is a meat head run first and at all costs.

ndsubison1
09-29-2021, 05:35 PM
I'll be taking NDSU no matter what the spread is on this one.

10.5 at offshore books

870XPRS
09-29-2021, 05:41 PM

This....the sagarin ranking keeps me up at night. :judges:

2011BisonAlumni
09-29-2021, 05:42 PM
Not a chance this happens. TR does not know how to do that. He is a meat head run first and at all costs.

Knew Tyler in college.....calling him a meat head is degrading and insulting.

Incredibly nice guy and really smart. Was academic all conference and a first team CoSIDA Academic All-American.

tony
09-29-2021, 05:56 PM
Tom Miller on Twitter:

"The first betting line I've seen on UND-NDSU football this weekend is No. 5 Bison as 10.5-point favorites at No. 10 Fighting Hawks, per 5Dimes. Seems odd as the Bison have never won in the Alerus Center ..."

The Grand Forks media has some truly astounding football minds. :)

The 10th best NDSU team since NDSU joined DI is better than any team UND has ever put on the field.

Kujava23
09-29-2021, 06:16 PM
OK, I usually sandbag, but the argument that "NDSU has never won in the Alerus" when the last game was two decades ago doesn't hold that much water with me.

I'm not sure that all the home cooking in the world can help UND (like it did against SDSU last year) when NDSU won the game last season with their worst team in 10 years - and NDSU lost the turnover battle too! NDSU did not just beat them... they stomped UND into a thin paste. UND did not match up physically against an NDSU team that had one healthy RB.

I think that NDSU has improved this year; I'm not sure that UND has improved at all. True, they won't have to deal with the FargoDome crowd so they've got that going for them. And, of course, the game is about matchups. If UND can stop the run and pressure QP, then that might derail the Bison offense completely and then, with some timely penalties and turnover help, UND might be able to pull off a big upset - especially if they are allowed to jump on Christian Watson's back and ride him down the field like they usually do. QP hasn't seemed very aware of pressure coming so that's a big factor too.

PREACH!!! LOVE IT

I concur

scottietohottie
09-29-2021, 06:18 PM
They have a lazy river!

Kujava23
09-29-2021, 06:20 PM

How bout the OLD BISON SCREEN-----especially when teams get desperate and can't stop the run....they start run blitzing and catch them for a BIG SCREEN

Kujava23
09-29-2021, 06:21 PM

I concur

Bison 38
Fawkers 17

Kujava23
09-29-2021, 06:24 PM
Tom Miller on Twitter:

"The first betting line I've seen on UND-NDSU football this weekend is No. 5 Bison as 10.5-point favorites at No. 10 Fighting Hawks, per 5Dimes. Seems odd as the Bison have never won in the Alerus Center ..."

The Grand Forks media has some truly astounding football minds. :)

The 10th best NDSU team since NDSU joined DI is better than any team UND has ever put on the field.

Yeah---LOL---Tom Miller does an outstanding job cover the Fawkers---lol----any depth charts, press conference coverage, actual coverage-----besides newspaper articles noone reads

Kujava23
09-29-2021, 06:26 PM
Fawkers gonna get TRICKY

HB PASS

Double PASS

FAKE PUNT

Kujava23
09-29-2021, 06:28 PM
How bout this one......my buddy does chains for UND football games

I sent him a text---"Hey I know why you haven't asked me to help with chains-----You don't want to hear me say, That's another BISON FIRST DOWN, woooo move those chains---25 times during the game!"

HerdBot
09-29-2021, 06:36 PM
If we run the football well and stop the run, we will win. We've been able to do that in recent years but recent success isn't an indicator of future success. The Alerus will be bat shit crazy for their biggest game ever, and that could play a role, but it also may not play a role if we silence the crowd.

GreenfieldBison
09-29-2021, 06:40 PM
Knew Tyler in college.....calling him a meat head is degrading and insulting.

Incredibly nice guy and really smart. Was academic all conference and a first team CoSIDA Academic All-American.

No doubt. Actually name calling is more reflective of the speaker than the target in my experience. This includes me in those instances where I have failed to exercise appropriate behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HandoEX
09-29-2021, 06:45 PM
Are they actually raising their conference championship banner on Saturday? Does anyone know if this is factual or just bullshit?

Answer Guy
09-29-2021, 07:13 PM
There was a banner up last week. No ceremony that I saw.

THEsocalledfan
09-29-2021, 07:23 PM

Did they add an asterisk?

scbison91
09-29-2021, 07:28 PM
The gameplan will be the same as the spring when we ran it down their throats for 320 yards and 5.9 yards per carry. And that was basically with one healthy back in Luepke who ran for 190 of those. Here are the yards per carry average for our backs this year. Gonnella: 8.2, Williams: 9.1, Bussey: 9.0, Luepke: 11.5, and even Patterson averages 5.2. Run power over and over until they cheat up, then hit our tight ends and bomb it to Watson. If we limit mistakes, I dont see any reason why this game isn’t similar to the game in the spring.Actually they had to pitch the ball to luekpe because his.shoulder wasn't 100% and couldn't take a handoff.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
09-29-2021, 07:43 PM
Did they add an asterisk?

Or an asterisk that looks like a COVID-19 particle covered in spike proteins? :biggrin:

https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/wp-content/uploads/virus-like-particle-750x500.jpg

TAILG8R
09-29-2021, 07:54 PM
I concur

Bison 38
Fawkers 17

I don't think UN_ will score that many points tbh

OrygunBison
09-29-2021, 08:00 PM
All I need to know about this game is that we have Gonnella and Luepke in the first half, then Williams and Bussey in the second half.

KSBisonFan
09-29-2021, 08:19 PM

What sport was the banner for?

MankatoBison
09-30-2021, 02:11 PM
Just got the text from Eric Church: UN_ is planning a ton of super mega trick plays for the game. I was out at the bar, and hooked up with Eric's wife and Eric thought it was really funny so now we're best friends. Bill Chaves with there with Eric when I left, and Eric is a huge Bison fan so he got some details from Chaves: here's what we got waiting for us on Saturday:

Quintuple QB reverse pass, with a backside george reverse. Self Explanatory

Fumbleruski... but on defense. Dont ask how, lets just say, its guaranteed to be worth a minimum of 17pts.

Theyre going to change into Mighty ducks hockey jerseys at halftime. You think the fargodome's loud? lol you just wait

Jimmy Kleinsauser was given an extra covid year of eligibility. This is definitely under wraps at this point, but just like Luepke was our weapon last year, JK is going to be their ace in the hole.

The hawks will be wearing special blackout/chrome/matte/all grey/all white Nazi inspired alternate uniforms to commemorate the late, great, Ralph engelstad and his greatest historical hero: hitler. you know when oregon state had the helmets where the facemask liooks like a beaver face? Well UND's facemask will be white like an aryian face with a hitler stache depicted with a bar of black around the upper lip area of the facemask. . Theyre already coining their defensive scheme as "the fourth reich".

Not gonna lie... Eric Church's text sent shivers up and down my spine.. we are absolutely F*CKED

thebigund
09-30-2021, 02:11 PM
I’m more concerned about our OL than our DL this time around. We have a legit 3 deep at nose where last year we only had 1 guy and he got injured in the first quarter. Our OL was way better last spring. We'll struggle to run the ball im sure and I don’t think our WRs are dynamic enough to create their own separation.

ndsubison1
09-30-2021, 02:21 PM
What happened to the really, really good DE for UND that was bottled up by Radunz?

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2021, 02:30 PM
I’m more concerned about our OL than our DL this time around. We have a legit 3 deep at nose where last year we only had 1 guy and he got injured in the first quarter. Our OL was way better last spring. We'll struggle to run the ball im sure and I don’t think our WRs are dynamic enough to create their own separation.

Sound like lots of juggling of the O-line of the f'ing hawks. Dom and Jeff were debating how many runs Ottis needs to win. Dom says really, really high. While that is true, I just don't know if he will be able to due to the line. I'm going to hammer the NDSU line on this one if less the -14. No way your defense will hold down the bison offense enough to win unless flukey turnovers; you just don't have the athletes NDSU does to match up. Your only hope is turnovers, or to generate enough offense to keep pace, but I just don't see it happening and we have another Bison beat down.

thebigund
09-30-2021, 02:32 PM
What happened to the really, really good DE for UND that was bottled up by Radunz?

Bennett from the second OOC game?

thebigund
09-30-2021, 02:35 PM
Sound like lots of juggling of the O-line of the f'ing hawks. Dom and Jeff were debating how many runs Ottis needs to win. Dom says really, really high. While that is true, I just don't know if he will be able to due to the line. I'm going to hammer the NDSU line on this one if less the -14. No way your defense will hold down the bison offense enough to win unless flukey turnovers; you just don't have the athletes NDSU does to match up. Your only hope is turnovers, or to generate enough offense to keep pace, but I just don't see it happening and we have another Bison beat down.

Yea I don’t think Jeff and Dom get that 34 carries into a brick wall doesn’t just produce a win. Otis should get around 20-25 touches but if our OL can’t make it happen at all it’ll be a struggle on offense. Same goes for you guys obviously. If one of us can consistently find second and mid they should win.

23Bison
09-30-2021, 02:41 PM
I’m expecting a 28-10 NDSU type of game. Wouldn’t be shocked at all of its more like the Towson game at 35-7. Would be stunned if UND kept it within 10 and or NDSU loses.

Son of a Bison
09-30-2021, 03:23 PM
I feel like this thread is missing an all important video of a movie scene from Tatanka

cbline
09-30-2021, 03:44 PM
Running back by committee with the thunder and lightning approach by the Bison should be awesome to behold.

tolnabison
09-30-2021, 04:06 PM
Probably means nothing since it was two pioneer teams involved.

NDSU beat Valpo 64-0
UND beat Drake 38-0
Valpo beat Drake 24-21 last week.

cbline
09-30-2021, 04:40 PM
Probably means nothing since it was two pioneer teams involved.

NDSU beat Valpo 64-0
UND beat Drake 38-0
Valpo beat Drake 24-21 last week.

Don't get sucked into the "UND Comparative Score Approach to World Domination."

siouxfan512
09-30-2021, 04:47 PM

100% agree with you on the "NDSU has never won in the Alerus" argument. It seems irrelevant at this point. Doesn't mean UND isn't a strong team at home, but there is nothing specific to NDSU here.

Game will come down to NDSU O-Line vs UND D-Line. The Hunter Luepke game was completely unprecedented. Definitely not what UND was expecting, and no adjustments were made. I got sick of seeing the defense to to hit him high and not wrap him up.

I haven't seen any of QP, but I do think if UND forces him to throw we will be in a much better position. Have to take the run game away in this one.

Only place I can't agree is the Christian Watson stuff. They may have played him tight, but he got away his own OPI as well (Which endedup being a huge play in the game). It is what it is and Christian is a hell of an athlete, so we'll see what his impact is this weekend.

Should be a fun game. Enjoy everyone!

MankatoBison
09-30-2021, 04:57 PM
Completely honest question here: will the Nickel physically be there? I know theyre not playing for it, but still would be cool to see it

No_Skill
09-30-2021, 05:01 PM
I hope not. That would be lame.

MankatoBison
09-30-2021, 05:07 PM
I hope not. That would be lame.

Why, specifically, would it be lame to have the trophy there, or to see it? I'm having trouble understanding how petty someone would have to be to be angry at the thought of seeing the trophy?

23Bison
09-30-2021, 05:26 PM
I would say because the nickel is a museum piece now and has nothing to do with this regular season game.

scottietohottie
09-30-2021, 05:40 PM
It's on display at that heritage center in Bismarck.

tolnabison
09-30-2021, 05:46 PM
100% agree with you on the "NDSU has never won in the Alerus" argument. It seems irrelevant at this point. Doesn't mean UND isn't a strong team at home, but there is nothing specific to NDSU here.

Game will come down to NDSU O-Line vs UND D-Line. The Hunter Luepke game was completely unprecedented. Definitely not what UND was expecting, and no adjustments were made. I got sick of seeing the defense to to hit him high and not wrap him up.

I haven't seen any of QP, but I do think if UND forces him to throw we will be in a much better position. Have to take the run game away in this one.

Only place I can't agree is the Christian Watson stuff. They may have played him tight, but he got away his own OPI as well (Which endedup being a huge play in the game). It is what it is and Christian is a hell of an athlete, so we'll see what his impact is this weekend.

Should be a fun game. Enjoy everyone!

I do agree with this. But on the flip side, something I haven't seen too much is UNDs OLine vs NDSU DLine. UNDs Oline is not as strong as last spring (lost 3 starters from last years team). Plus they are starting a new RG this week (LaVell hurt, Christian starting). Where NDSU returns everyone from the spring (minus Waege). From my far from expert point of view, Utah St was able to control the interior part of UND's oline.

One thing I do appreciate is how quick Schuster gets rid of the ball. He has hard to sack and get pressure on. Freund does a nice job of moving he pocket and keeping his reads simple. He doesn't offer much with this legs through.

Also doesn't look like Quincy Vaughn is available for UND this week either going off reports.

Gothmog
09-30-2021, 06:02 PM
Why, specifically, would it be lame to have the trophy there, or to see it? I'm having trouble understanding how petty someone would have to be to be angry at the thought of seeing the trophy?

The trophy was retired because of UND's offensive nickname/logos agreement with the NCAA. Bringing it to the game would violate that agreement. The trophy will never be at a UND game again.

scottietohottie
09-30-2021, 06:32 PM
Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight with out a sense of feeling

tony
09-30-2021, 06:36 PM
The trophy was retired because of UND's offensive nickname/logos agreement with the NCAA. Bringing it to the game would violate that agreement. The trophy will never be at a UND game again.

UND made up this ban on "The Nickel" - and I'll think that until the day I see something in writing from the NCAA that says otherwise. For gosh sakes, there are schools playing for a cigar store Indian trophy. Man, if I had a nickel for every time UND spouted bullshit, I'd be flying a private jet to NDSU games. "NDSU won all the D2 playoff games in part because they bought home field" is another example of a bit of dubiousness that gets repeated so often that it is viewed as fact by even many Bison fans.

Nowhere in the NCAA agreement does it mention the Nickel Trophy - and it wouldn't make sense to include it in the agreement because the trophy is not a representation of the UND mascot/nickname at all -the US of A did not adopt a form of currency as a nod to UND's nickname - it exists completely separate from UND's mascot and, therefore, it would make no sense whatsoever for the NCAA to step in - not to mention that it was not UND awarding the trophy anyway.

Gothmog
09-30-2021, 07:02 PM
UND made up this ban on "The Nickel" - and I'll think that until the day I see something in writing from the NCAA that says otherwise. For gosh sakes, there are schools playing for a cigar store Indian trophy. Man, if I had a nickel for every time UND spouted bullshit, I'd be flying a private jet to NDSU games. "NDSU won all the D2 playoff games in part because they bought home field" is another example of a bit of dubiousness that gets repeated so often that it is viewed as fact by even many Bison fans.

Nowhere in the NCAA agreement does it mention the Nickel Trophy - and it wouldn't make sense to include it in the agreement because the trophy is not a representation of the UND mascot/nickname at all -the US of A did not adopt a form of currency as a nod to UND's nickname - it exists completely separate from UND's mascot and, therefore, it would make no sense whatsoever for the NCAA to step in - not to mention that it was not UND awarding the trophy anyway.

Why on earth would UND do that except to comply with the agreement? Honestly, IMO, what you're saying is nonsense. UND officials were in possession of the Trophy (in years when they won it) and it was UND officials who kept and displayed it during the offseason and who brought it to the stadium. Clearly, it was subject to the agreement. Also, it may not have been an exact copy of the logo, but it was pretty damn close.

Gully
09-30-2021, 07:07 PM
Why on earth would UND do that except to comply with the agreement? Honestly, IMO, what you're saying is nonsense. UND officials were in possession of the Trophy (when they won it) and it was UND officials kept during the offseason and who brought it to the stadium. Clearly, it was subject to the agreement.

It was the property of Blue Key honor fraternity, if I recall correctly. I don't believe UND has a Blue Key anymore but I could be remembering it wrong.

tony
09-30-2021, 07:11 PM
Why on earth would UND do that except to comply with the agreement? Honestly, IMO, what you're saying is nonsense. UND officials were in possession of the Trophy (when they won it) and it was UND officials kept during the offseason and who brought it to the stadium. Clearly, it was subject to the agreement.

You'd have to ask UND why they did it.

It would be so easy to clear this up. Just have UND send a letter to the NCAA asking specifically about The Nickel Trophy and then post the reply publicly.

Here is the agreement, by the way, that explicitly excludes imagery of historical significance and seemingly only applies to retiring the nickname/mascot and getting rid of imagery in potential UND hosting venues.

doc_6.pdf (espncdn.com) (https://a.espncdn.com/pdf/2012/0305/doc_6.pdf)

But this reminds me of why I really enjoyed that decade of not having to deal with UND bullshit. I really wish UND was still the Big Sky - or better yet, back in D2.

totoinfl
09-30-2021, 07:13 PM
Never made it as a wise man
I couldn't cut as a poor man stealing
Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight with out a sense of feeling

Well played sir...now do crying in my beer because the stinky Bison kicked our butts again.

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2021, 07:16 PM
While I agree with our f'ing hawk posters that your only hope is to make QP throw, I very much doubt that even that helps. NDSU's athletes on the outside and at TE are outstanding and QP can actually throw. (Remember Utah St. down the sideline?) It ends poorly for you no matter what you try. You need turnovers, along with a Bubba special play or 2 to win.

Gothmog
09-30-2021, 07:21 PM
While I agree with our f'ing hawk posters that your only hope is to make QP throw, I very much doubt that even that helps. NDSU's athletes on the outside and at TE are outstanding and QP can actually throw. (Remember Utah St. down the sideline?) It ends poorly for you no matter what you try. You need turnovers, along with a Bubba special play or 2 to win.

I would like nothing better than for UND to "make" QP throw. Given Quincy's arm talent and the quality of NDSU's wide receivers and tight ends, UND forcing NDSU to throw the ball would only result in an even bigger Bison win.

TAILG8R
09-30-2021, 07:28 PM

Which one was he on this play? https://youtu.be/xHh68iRVlV0?t=12

Gothmog
09-30-2021, 07:28 PM
It was the property of Blue Key honor fraternity, if I recall correctly. I don't believe UND has a Blue Key anymore but I could be remembering it wrong.

It was indeed the property of Blue Key. But that's not the point. UND (and NDSU) had control over the trophy, whether it ostensibly belonged to Blue Key or not. Without UND's official participation there was no Nickel trophy.

tony
09-30-2021, 07:40 PM

I don't think that tackling high was the problem on that play.

TAILG8R
09-30-2021, 07:45 PM
I don't think that tackling high was the problem on that play.

LOL very true. I was more wondering if it was the backup nose or the starter that was supposed to have tackled Luepke on that one. :)

Bison03
09-30-2021, 07:46 PM
Should be a fun tailgate. A couple of us Bison fans tailgating with some UND fans who we have hosted at our tailgate for the NDSU/UND games in 15 and 19. Smack talk both ways will be expected, but I expect Bison fans to be treated well by UND fans similar to how we treated them in our lot, (minus drunk college students on both sides). We can all unite to do what both fanbases excel at; talking football and drinking!!

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2021, 10:14 PM
Think Eric Church will come out to thunderstruck?

thebigund
09-30-2021, 11:21 PM

Are you asking why our nose guard didn’t make a tackle on an outside run?

TAILG8R
09-30-2021, 11:34 PM
Are you asking why our nose guard didn’t make a tackle on an outside run?Yes. It was meant to be facetious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
10-01-2021, 03:58 AM
Should be a fun tailgate. A couple of us Bison fans tailgating with some UND fans who we have hosted at our tailgate for the NDSU/UND games in 15 and 19. Smack talk both ways will be expected, but I expect Bison fans to be treated well by UND fans similar to how we treated them in our lot, (minus drunk college students on both sides). We can all unite to do what both fanbases excel at; talking football and drinking!!

insert D2 joke here

ByeSonBusiness
10-01-2021, 05:28 AM

There is nothing to "show off" on QP. I've seen the guy play. He's not going to the League.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-01-2021, 11:54 AM
Anyone else watching KFYR this morning? They reported we are playing for the Nickel Trophy tomorrow.. lol

scottietohottie
10-01-2021, 12:07 PM
Anyone else watching KFYR this morning? They reported we are playing for the Nickel Trophy tomorrow.. lol

I did. Wayne wolf pumped it up.

Good to see you post again hun.

scottietohottie
10-01-2021, 12:10 PM
I know he's a guy. I'm just an asshole.

Yeah Wayne thinks the worm turned.

Gully
10-01-2021, 12:17 PM
It was indeed the property of Blue Key. But that's not the point. UND (and NDSU) had control over the trophy, whether it ostensibly belonged to Blue Key or not. Without UND's official participation there was no Nickel trophy.

Which is why it's in the building of old stuff in Bismarck and not played for anymore. As it should be. It was a fun time but that time has passed.

scottietohottie
10-01-2021, 12:37 PM
Everyone is going to flip shit when they lower lakes from the rafters holding a huge fhawking nickel!!!

Mr Meaty
10-01-2021, 12:46 PM
Everyone is going to flip shit when they lower lakes from the rafters holding a huge fhawking nickel!!!

Lower or do you mean just drop him free fall style?

BISONBRI53
10-01-2021, 01:07 PM
everyone is going to flip shit when they lower lakes from the rafters holding a huge fhawking nickel!!!

sooooo dii!

MankatoBison
10-01-2021, 03:24 PM
Do they sell beer during the game at the alerus? I was going with my dad and brother but they each had to back out last minute... Now I'm going with a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old lol.... Daddies gonna need a couple drinks lol

westnodak93bison
10-01-2021, 03:26 PM
The only way we lose to any fcs or g5 team is if our OC gets stubborn and tries to force the between the tackles run game down their throat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DAS BISON
10-01-2021, 04:51 PM
There is nothing to "show off" on QP. I've seen the guy play. He's not going to the League.

QP has three years of eligibility to become better. Not many were saying after Easton Sticks freshman year he's going to the League. Give him some time, arm strength looks good, he is a little robotic right now because of new to the system and learning.

Bison03
10-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Do they sell beer during the game at the alerus? I was going with my dad and brother but they each had to back out last minute... Now I'm going with a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old lol.... Daddies gonna need a couple drinks lol
Yes they do. You can join the Fhawker fans in line in the 2nd half drinking their sorrows away and/or pregaming for the hockey game!!

Rock
10-01-2021, 05:09 PM
QP has three years of eligibility to become better. Not many were saying after Easton Sticks freshman year he's going to the League. Give him some time, arm strength looks good, he is a little robotic right now because of new to the system and learning.

It’s nice when going NFL is the standard NDSU QB’s are being held to. Like a Clemson. Or Minnesota, or UN_.

Answer Guy
10-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Do they sell beer during the game at the alerus?

Beer and mixed drinks. World hasn't come to and end.

EC8CH
10-01-2021, 07:49 PM
http://youtu.be/ZcajWgCdHy0

The editing is so good.

TAILG8R
10-01-2021, 08:01 PM

The editing is so good.

Nice to have another coach from your division giving a recruiting pitch for NDSU, lol.

HerdBot
10-01-2021, 08:19 PM

The editing is so good.

The guy who produces our videos.... that guy FUCKS! Am I right?

EC8CH
10-01-2021, 08:21 PM

You are right. Cutting in that clip of Tyson was *chef's kiss*

HerdBot
10-01-2021, 08:25 PM
You are right. Cutting in that clip of Tyson was *chef's kiss*

He should have left in the part where he said " I want your heart, I want to eat his children."

EC8CH
10-01-2021, 09:18 PM
He should have left in the part where he said " I want your heart, I want to eat his children."

Maybe saving that for post game highlights?

SafeTeeJ
10-01-2021, 09:18 PM

Schwing! Tent pole!

scottietohottie
10-01-2021, 09:38 PM
Bang bang finger pointing! Is that ticky tacky stuff?

I heard these boys are the tick tackyest.

GreenfieldBison
10-01-2021, 09:50 PM

Yes. You are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
10-01-2021, 10:35 PM
Unbelievably awesome video. Can we hire this Towson coach as a pr guy?

EC8CH
10-01-2021, 10:42 PM
Unbelievably awesome video. Can we hire this Towson coach as a pr guy?

He's been auditioning for that job since 2013.

UncleBuck
10-02-2021, 12:34 AM
So, i was checking out other MVFC game previews, and I didn't know NDSU had a baffling blowout loss, and red uniforms.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/3101/dixie-state-trailblazers

GreenfieldBison
10-02-2021, 01:39 AM
So, i was checking out other MVFC game previews, and I didn't know NDSU had a baffling blowout loss, and red uniforms.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/3101/dixie-state-trailblazers

Might want to check the date on that article Buck.

BisonHorns
10-02-2021, 01:42 AM
I will help you. That article is from the spring season when we lost to SIU.

TAILG8R
10-02-2021, 02:13 AM
Don't see a date on mobile

GreenfieldBison
10-02-2021, 02:34 AM
Don't see a date on mobile

I’m using an iPhone. It’s fairly mobile.

The information is out there, you just gotta let it in.

MNLonghorn10
10-02-2021, 02:34 AM
Watching at Und grad sister and BILs house tomorrow. Ndsu needs to win this for my sanity

Bisonwinagn
10-02-2021, 03:03 AM
I'm not sold on NDSU"s defense yet. This is the first real game they've played this season. Predicting UND scores 24 and see how that plays out.

NDSU92
10-02-2021, 04:40 AM
I'm not sold on NDSU"s defense yet. This is the first real game they've played this season. Predicting UND scores 24 and see how that plays out.

Defense is legit. Offense is legit. Honestly shitting all over UND tomorrow won’t really even prove that

SDbison
10-02-2021, 05:02 AM
Just got done watching youtube video of 1991 NDSU - UND game. Bison won 35 to 28 and went 7 of 7 on 4th down. Great game 30 years ago!

Bison03
10-02-2021, 05:27 AM
Game day thread…where are you…

oldmantutters
10-02-2021, 05:29 AM
WTF is the GameDay thread?!?

BTW, I heard that it was actually NDSU who put up a hotel at the Alerts center and UND hasn't been able to pay rent. Rumor has it that they are going to settle up by bending over tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Bison03
10-02-2021, 05:49 AM
Posted on suck sports:

NDSU is not the big bad wolf and nobody needs to fear them. They are a shadow of their former selves and overrated. They are not a top 5 team probably closer to the 10-15 range. They are not walking into the Alerus and putting up any where near 30 points. UND fans need not worry about tomorrow.

56BISON73
10-02-2021, 05:50 AM
Posted on suck sports:

NDSU is not the big bad wolf and nobody needs to fear them. They are a shadow of their former selves and overrated. They are not a top 5 team probably closer to the 10-15 range. They are not walking into the Alerus and putting up any where near 30 points. UND fans need not worry about tomorrow.

Good troll job.

Bison03
10-02-2021, 05:58 AM
Good troll job.
Wasn’t posted by me!! Haha! This post may not age well….

56BISON73
10-02-2021, 06:15 AM
Wasn’t posted by me!! Haha! This post may not age well….

I know it wasnt you. I first saw it where you did. :D

JUst commenting on his work.

BisonHorns
10-02-2021, 07:04 AM
Sign to hang above the Alerus entrance.

roadwarrior
10-02-2021, 11:49 AM
I forgot how to get to Grand Forks. Anyone want to help me?

oldmantutters
10-02-2021, 11:58 AM
I forgot how to get to Grand Forks. Anyone want to help me?Open your window and follow the stench

1998braves64
10-02-2021, 12:25 PM
I forgot how to get to Grand Forks. Anyone want to help me?Be careful going thru the construction zone south of Hillsboro a couple potholes there. Make sure your tires aren't over inflated!

Yesterday 2 semis hit head on right at exit 100 because they thought it brilliant to have construction going on on both sides of the interstate lanes that are going head to head. Slow down!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

TAILG8R
10-02-2021, 02:16 PM
I’m using an iPhone. It’s fairly mobile.

The information is out there, you just gotta let it in.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHoly crap that don't is small.

WYOBISONMAN
10-02-2021, 03:12 PM
Open your window and follow the stench

LOL! Now that's funny!

EC8CH
10-02-2021, 03:13 PM
I forgot how to get to Grand Forks. Anyone want to help me?

Flush twice, follow the turd.

steelbison
10-02-2021, 08:34 PM

Honestly have you watched this team? You are worried about the defense?

Entz Roehl in big games struggle to score points. But the defense. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

tony
10-02-2021, 11:28 PM
Yeah, UND's big hope is to guess right on run blitzes and get NDSU behind schedule.

This not the usual kind of a stat so bear with me:

If you were born before 1948 (so you are 73+) or you were born between 1990 and 1996 (but not 1997) then in your lifetime, UND probably has had a winning record against NDSU (depends on the time of the year your were born.) And that 1990-1998 deal only exists because UND missed 8-10 of NDSU's greatest teams.

Updated the original post.

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-03-2021, 12:01 AM
I did. Wayne wolf pumped it up.

Good to see you post again hun.

Who’s Wayne Wolf? Never heard of him. Does he work for Midco?