PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating for uND Game

bison once
09-20-2021, 10:14 PM
Just curious if anyone has a clue about tailgating options in a couple weeks? I see they have a paid GA lot south of the reserved lots. I would assume we can set up shop there, provided there is room.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-20-2021, 10:16 PM
Ha of course there will be room, they don’t have very many fans
I’m pretty sure it’s first come, first served so show up early if you want a spot

cbline
09-20-2021, 10:45 PM
Ha of course there will be room, they don’t have very many fans, but the hockey fans will show up and try to sound like they know what is going on simply because the Bison are in town. That will increase their attendance.
I’m pretty sure it’s first come, first served so show up early if you want a spot

Fixed it for you.

El_Chapo
09-20-2021, 11:11 PM
just tailgate in fargo.
A) why would any sane bison fan go up there
B) give a $hit.

we are sending 40-50 men up there for 3 hours to kick ass, the rest of us can lay back & chill

Bison03
09-21-2021, 03:15 AM
Here is their tailgate map and link to info. https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2018/6/7/204985525.aspx

From the link, info on same day tailgating:

Single game tailgating will be allowed for the 2021 season in the lots labeled general parking. Single game tailgating will be first come first serve this year. Single game tailgating spaces will not be pre-sold. It is $10 per parking space, with up to 8 spots per group so ($80 in total). Vehicles arriving into the lots will be asked if they will be tailgating, if they are, they will be given a single game tailgating permit and directed to a specific part of the parking lot. Single game tailgating begins 5 hours prior to kickoff.

MankatoBison
09-21-2021, 01:38 PM
Excellent- hope we have a great group up there- will be tailgating with whatever group will host us!

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 02:03 PM
Just curious if anyone has a clue about tailgating options in a couple weeks? I see they have a paid GA lot south of the reserved lots. I would assume we can set up shop there, provided there is room.

I called up there yesterday. They start tailgating Saturday at 9. You can get up to 8 spots per vehicle. $10 per spot. Asked the guy if there was usually a long line and he said, " for this game there will be"

ndsubison1
09-21-2021, 02:08 PM
Ha of course there will be room, they don’t have very many fans

The hockey fans will show up for their 1 football game a year

bruinbison
09-21-2021, 02:24 PM
I called up there yesterday. They start tailgating Saturday at 9. You can get up to 8 spots per vehicle. $10 per spot. Asked the guy if there was usually a long line and he said, " for this game there will be"

I’ve driven by Alerus a couple times in the last few years on our way to Thief River. The parking lots directly south of Alerus within eyesight of I-29 were mainly full for whomever they were playing.
Should be a good party there this weekend.

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 02:47 PM
I’ve driven by Alerus a couple times in the last few years on our way to Thief River. The parking lots directly south of Alerus within eyesight of I-29 were mainly full for whomever they were playing.
Should be a good party there this weekend.

Hoping so. I have a crew of 12 going.

mtoutfitter
09-21-2021, 02:51 PM
Hope all of you show them how to tailgate. Would be great if there was more Bison fans tailgating than SSS fans.

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 02:55 PM
Hope all of you show them how to tailgate. Would be great if there was more Bison fans tailgating than SSS fans.

see post #4. Nobody is going. at least not the sane ones.

mtoutfitter
09-21-2021, 03:09 PM
see post #4. Nobody is going. at least not the sane ones.

I'm guessing "El Crapo" will be wrong again and they'll be a fair number of Bison fans in attendance.

Bisonator98
09-21-2021, 03:19 PM
You can bet the fawkers will be out in full force to watch their super bowl.

abc123
09-21-2021, 03:40 PM
You can bet the fawkers will be out in full force to watch their super bowl.

Just about 85% of capacity for Drake last week. Even if it wasn't NDSU, a better opponent was likely to have attendance close the same or slightly higher. However it will be full once you add in that it is NDSU as that undoubtedly creates additional demand from UND fans and plus the amount of visiting fans willing to travel.

As for tailgating, the season spots have been sold out for a few years with usually a pretty decent showing in the single-game sports. I would expect to see them to add some additional single-game tailgate spots to help accomdate the extra demand. Restrictions are pretty minimal: No glass and try to be finished up 15 minutes before game time. If the current forecast holds, I would expect to see a huge turnout from both sides.

El_Chapo
09-21-2021, 07:38 PM
I'm guessing "El Crapo" will be wrong again and they'll be a fair number of Bison fans in attendance.

man you will be wrong again.
the 2 people on here going are the only ndsu fans I've seen going.

like I said. why the hell would you goto this game? let the players kick their ass

Bison 4 Life
09-21-2021, 07:40 PM

like I said. why the hell would you goto this game? let the players kick their ass

funny, I was with at least 3 people this weekend who thought you are full of shit.

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 07:41 PM

AWWWW yes... Because if we have our fans there that won't happen. I've seen a ton of people going. I know a lot of people going and the guy I talked to yesterday said he has had a ton of calls from our fans about going. If you don't go that would be awesome for EVERYONE!!!!!!

El_Chapo
09-21-2021, 07:47 PM
funny, I was with at least 3 people this weekend who thought you are full of shit.

LOL. you guys are D2 sssstupid..

tony
09-21-2021, 07:49 PM
The hockey fans will show up for their 1 football game a year

And last (probably)

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 07:50 PM
LOL. you guys are D2 sssstupid..

Soooooo D2 cuz I wanna take a 70 mile trip to watch my team play and win.

El_Chapo
09-21-2021, 07:53 PM
Soooooo D2 cuz I wanna take a 70 mile trip to watch my team play and win.

welcome to 1987. knock yourself out.

ndsubison1
09-21-2021, 07:53 PM

Yeah why go to a Bison game on the eastern side of the state we play in.

Thomas96
09-21-2021, 07:58 PM

You butt hurt because you're unable to secure tickets?

tolnabison
09-21-2021, 08:02 PM

Oh don't you know, he asked Eric Church to go to the game with him the next day, but Eric was busy.

ByeSonBusiness
09-21-2021, 08:04 PM

"Why would fans go to a game against a rival an hour away from Fargo?" he asked.

El_Chapo
09-21-2021, 08:30 PM

man you guys are the reason NDSU isn't FBS

abc123
09-21-2021, 08:42 PM

It's possible he just isn't allowed back in Grand Forks Country quite yet.

El_Chapo
09-21-2021, 08:45 PM
It's possible he just isn't allowed back in Grand Forks Country quite yet.

haven't been there since 2002. pretty sure I ain't missing anything

KSBisonFan
09-21-2021, 10:44 PM
Oh don't you know, he asked Eric Church to go to the game with him the next day, but Eric was busy.

He's got the hookup with Tharoldson, Offutt and Harold Hamm so don't worry, he's got backup guys.

tjbison
09-21-2021, 11:02 PM
Have fun, cheer hard. I'm not going just because I don't want to have take a clorox bath in Hillsboro to get back home.

td577
09-22-2021, 12:49 AM
There are only so many games a person can go to in a lifetime. Say it's 7-9 games a year for 50 years (I'm counting a lot of playoffs in there and the shorter trips to Brookings and now the cities). 350-450 games may seem like a lot, but it really isn't when this is really one's only hobby outside going to their cabin. I think I will take advantage of seeing one more game every other year only an hour away.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

17>1
09-22-2021, 12:50 AM
I’ll be there. Don’t really care what Chapo or the rest of you think or do. Go Bison!

Bison03
09-22-2021, 02:01 AM

Why go to Brookings? Why go to Springfield? Why go to Vermillion? Why go to Ceder Falls? Because thats where the Bison play, and I want to watch the Bison. We get it, you dont like it that we play und. And I agree that its not what it once was, but it is still a conference game and hour away against a team I hate. I expect a a lot of Bison fans there, it would be a shame if their isn’t.

El_Chapo
09-22-2021, 02:11 AM
Why go to Brookings? Why go to Springfield? Why go to Vermillion? Why go to Ceder Falls? Because thats where the Bison play, and I want to watch the Bison. We get it, you dont like it that we play und. And I agree that its not what it once was, but it is still a conference game and hour away against a team I hate. I expect a a lot of Bison fans there, it would be a shame if their isn’t.

haha. delusional. maybe 500
UNI, SDSU are the big games always have been, FBS bigger games. no way they are at that level, so don't even dignify it
und shouldn't even be in the conference, so treat them like Indiana State & send 500 of less & let the players kick their ass.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-22-2021, 02:50 AM
UNI, SDSU are the big games always have been, FBS bigger games. no way they are at that level, so don't even dignify it
und shouldn't even be in the conference, so treat them like Indiana State & send 500 of less & let the players kick their ass.
You are telling me UND sold out their dome with their own fans?!?!? I don’t believe it…….there will be 1-2k bison fans there

56BISON73
09-22-2021, 02:56 AM

Actually it people like you who never donated to TM. Then you road on the coattails of those who did the heavy lifting. All the while all you did was bitch.

El_Chapo
09-22-2021, 03:07 AM
Actually it people like you who never donated to TM. Then you road on the coattails of those who did the heavy lifting.

season ticket holder BBall since 2014
season ticket holder Fball since 2002
numerous ndsu events, golfing, dinners, road trips over the years to actual real games
publicity/advertising/marketing in infinite dollars..
doohhhh'k Patty.

and don't reply & turn stupid thread into a bitch session. move on.

El_Chapo
09-22-2021, 03:09 AM
You are telling me UND sold out their dome with their own fans?!?!? I don’t believe it…….there will be 1-2k bison fans there

I'm sure some und fans have waited with a boner for this game for 15 years and will invite cousin eddie from Hoople or Maddock and be like... oh this is the big time, you better sit with me!

56BISON73
09-22-2021, 03:13 AM
numerous ndsu events, golfing, dinners, road trips over the years to actual real games
doohhhh'k Patty.

All you have done is bitch and tell lies in this thread. So put your pointy finger away.

Thomas96
09-22-2021, 12:20 PM
All you have done is bitch and tell lies in this thread. So put your pointy finger away.

Amen brother

BFKasper14
09-22-2021, 12:41 PM

I’m pretty sure that’s all he ever does in any thread on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
09-22-2021, 12:53 PM
https://g.co/kgs/wprghy

Saved the number in my phone.

Bisonator98
09-22-2021, 02:22 PM
doohhhh'k Patty.

Lol did you mention all that when you were rubbin elbows with Theraldson, Offutt and Burgum in the back of the limo? I bet they got a good laugh outta that!:rofl:

gotts
09-22-2021, 02:50 PM

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/43/43724deb70139932dd8ddd92005e3ebc.jpeg

MankatoBison
09-22-2021, 02:57 PM

going or not going to this game has absolutely nothing to do with whether NDSU is FBS or not. They are not mutually exclusive, as in literally no correlation whatsoever

Thomas96
09-22-2021, 03:27 PM
Lol did you mention all that when you were rubbin elbows with Theraldson, Offutt and Burgum in the back of the limo? I bet they got a good laugh outta that!:rofl:

Actual photo of El Chapo in the limo....

oldmantutters
09-22-2021, 03:33 PM
Hypothetically, NDSU gets an FBS invite (football only, not that it matters for this exercise) does UND say they won't play the Bison anymore again?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

thebigund
09-22-2021, 03:35 PM
Always have been? Even when SDSU sucked ass for years? You’re the best, keep it up.

EC8CH
09-22-2021, 03:40 PM
Hypothetically, NDSU gets an FBS invite (football only, not that it matters for this exercise) does UND say they won't play the Bison anymore again?

Only after they do everything possible to sabotage and mock the move only to follow along decades later.

El_Chapo
09-22-2021, 03:42 PM
Yea BIGTURD Life changed in 2004 for NDSU sorry you missed the ride. NDSU is to big a program to worry about these games anymore.

BISONBRI53
09-22-2021, 03:45 PM
I bet Alabama fans who go to the Kent State game are the reason the Tide hasn't gone to the NFL.

Bisonator98
09-22-2021, 04:08 PM

I sure hope so.

Bisonator98
09-22-2021, 04:10 PM
Yea BIGTURD Life changed in 2004 for NDSU sorry you missed the ride. NDSU is to big a program to worry about these games anymore.

Then why do you have literally a 100 posts the last 2 days talking about this game???

ByeSonBusiness
09-22-2021, 04:27 PM
Always have been? Even when SDSU sucked ass for years? You’re the best, keep it up.

I dont recall sdsu games being a "thing" in the old days. If it was, my dad would have several VHS tapes labeled "SDSU 19(INSERT YEAR HERE)"

ByeSonBusiness
09-22-2021, 04:28 PM
Then why do you have literally a 100 posts the last 2 days talking about this game???

Because NOBODY CARES ABOUT PUD und!

Bison03
09-22-2021, 04:39 PM
Chapo sure comments on a lot of und related topics for not caring about und! Haha! To bring the thread back on topic. I expect it to be a friendly tailgate. Their fans were treated well the in 15, 19, and even this spring here. Sure there are always drunk assholes on both sides; but for the most part, we can all eat, drink, and talk some football. Remember, this is the friendlier rivalry; its the Bunny turds that suck!

Answer Guy
09-22-2021, 04:59 PM
Sure there are always drunk assholes and on both sides; but for the moat part, we can all eat, drink, and talk some football.

They filled in the moat. But I'll buy you a beer.

MNLonghorn10
09-22-2021, 05:03 PM

Man what a fun topic of conversation in your foursome

TAILG8R
09-22-2021, 05:08 PM
Chapo sure comments on a lot of und related topics for not caring about und! Haha! To bring the thread back on topic. I expect it to be a friendly tailgate. Their fans were treated well the in 15, 19, and even this spring here. Sure there are always drunk assholes and on both sides; but for the moat part, we can all eat, drink, and talk some football. Remember, this is the friendlier rivalry; its the Bunny turds that suck!

I'm curious how many UN_ fans will be puffing their chest this time around thinking they finally have a team to beat NDSU. I know in 15 and 19 most of their fans knew they were going to get killed. I have a feeling their fan base thinks they are better than they truly are and that NDSU fell further than they actually did.

MankatoBison
09-22-2021, 05:35 PM

I've used this analogy before on here to describe UND.

You know when you break up with a girl and you haaaaaAAAAATE her? hope that she dies in a forest fire or something? Well the fact that youre still so upset with her shows that you are not "OVER" her. You definitely have feelings for her otherwise you wouldnt feel this way.

The opposite of love isnt HATE, its actually indifference. As in, nothing at all. Thats how you know you are over someone when you simply do not care if they have success or failure. The Fact that Chapo is still obsessing over her shows that he is still infatuated with her. Chapo still has feelings for UND. He wishes she had given him approval back in 2004 but she said a mean thing once and he has never let it go.

If he cared as little as he says he does about UND, he wouldnt care at all about someone going to the game. It would be no different than going to a game at missouri state or SIU etc. He would feel nothing.

But he ISNT over her. He still dreams about her occasionally. Still thinks of what might have been if she wasnt a meany to him in 2004.

The reality is, the meanest thing you can say to that girl - is I do not care what happens to you. I view you the same as every other girl in the world. "what we had" truly means nothing. All you are to me is another win on the schedule, and if all of your girls weirdly find extra value in our failures, I just think that is funny, because you literally mean nothing to me. Just a win on the schedule, a roadblock to a perfect season. Bye..

TLDR, Chapo is literally infatuated with UND. He is the equivalent of the kid pulling the girls hair at school who he likes, but wants to pretend that he doesnt. Or the girl who calls a boy she likes in elementary school annoying. lol. He has got it bad for UND, its quite laughable really

bisontown
09-22-2021, 05:39 PM

You know when you break up with a girl and you haaaaaAAAAATE her? hope that she dies in a forest fire or something? Well the fact that youre still so upset with her shows that you are not "OVER" her. You definitely have feelings for her otherwise you wouldnt feel this way.

The opposite of love isnt HATE, its actually indifference. As in, nothing at all. Thats how you know you are over someone when you simply do not care if they have success or failure. The Fact that Chapo is still obsessing over her shows that he is still infatuated with her. Chapo still has feelings for UND. He wishes she had given him approval back in 2004 but she said a mean thing once and he has never let it go.

If he cared as little as he says he does about UND, he wouldnt care at all about someone going to the game. It would be no different than going to a game at missouri state or SIU etc. He would feel nothing.

But he ISNT over her. He still dreams about her occasionally. Still thinks of what might have been if she wasnt a meany to him in 2004.

The reality is, the meanest thing you can say to that girl - is I do not care what happens to you. I view you the same as every other girl in the world. "what we had" truly means nothing. All you are to me is another win on the schedule, and if all of your girls weirdly find extra value in our failures, I just think that is funny, because you literally mean nothing to me. Just a win on the schedule, a roadblock to a perfect season. Bye..

TLDR, Chapo is literally infatuated with UND. He is the equivalent of the kid pulling the girls hair at school who he likes, but wants to pretend that he doesnt. Or the girl who calls a boy she likes in elementary school annoying. lol. He has got it bad for UND, its quite laughable really

This could not be more true! Haha.

totoinfl
09-22-2021, 06:22 PM

Preach it brother...

56BISON73
09-22-2021, 06:24 PM
I’m pretty sure that’s all he ever does in any thread on here.

Pretty much.

56BISON73
09-22-2021, 06:29 PM

SDSU game was a controlled scrimmage in the 70s. Yawn

nodak651
09-22-2021, 06:36 PM
I'm curious how many UN_ fans will be puffing their chest this time around thinking they finally have a team to beat NDSU. I know in 15 and 19 most of their fans knew they were going to get killed. I have a feeling their fan base thinks they are better than they truly are and that NDSU fell further than they actually did.

Most of us remember how the game this past spring went. That's all I have to say about that.

TAILG8R
09-22-2021, 07:27 PM
Most of us remember how the game this past spring went. That's all I have to say about that.

I think the only hope UN_ has is to run Weah 30 times. They have to force this into a drawn out smashmouth time of possession game. The NDSU D this season seems to be WAY more disciplined than what we saw in the spring.

El_Chapo
09-22-2021, 08:42 PM

jesus christ you people are D2 in every way. since 2010's playoff trip and 2013 K State win & Gophers win I HAVE BEEN NDSU to FBS at all costs and have been 10000% against anything that Bucket of Crabs-like pulls us back down to the D2 days. that's my only angst, period, end of story. why would I obsess over anything beneath me. if anything UND is like some skank I banged back in 2003 and never called back.

I imagine most the D1 NDSU fans agree with me and could give 2 shits less about this game or that program.

scottietohottie
09-22-2021, 08:46 PM
jesus christ you people are D2 in every way. since 2010's playoff trip and 2013 K State win & Gophers win I HAVE BEEN NDSU to FBS at all costs and have been 10000% against anything that Bucket of Crabs-like pulls us back down to the D2 days. that's my only angst, period, end of story. why would I obsess over anything beneath me. if anything UND is like some skank I banged back in 2003 and never called back.

I imagine most the D1 NDSU fans agree with me and could give 2 shits less about this game or that program.

I'm going for the skank. You sold me.

Bison03
09-22-2021, 08:48 PM

I will give you that you could have legitimate complaints about scheduling them as a non conference game in 15 and 19. Then again; we also schedule games with Valpo, Drake, and Butler. But they are a conference game so I really care about it now. Are they SDSU? No. Are they Indiana State? No. But its ok to get excited about an instate rival, that is a conference game, that I can go to and tailgate at only an hour away.

Answer Guy
09-22-2021, 09:11 PM
UND is like some skank I banged back in 2003

So, you're saying UND gave you a chubby?

Thomas96
09-22-2021, 09:25 PM

sure hope he got a shot of penicillin.

scottietohottie
09-22-2021, 09:43 PM
If it doesn't rain for two weeks I'll be completely done with harvest and ready to mash the potatoes.

runtheoption
09-22-2021, 09:43 PM

The skank was definitely chubby

IndyBison
09-22-2021, 10:45 PM
He's a guy that bases his entire happiness on his association with the Bison athletic department and his worth is based on the titles they won and the level where they play. He feels he's lost any cache from the titles and now bases his worth on the teams his evil plays and hopefully beats. This is extremely unhealthy and unusual.

The UND part of this is a fear that something he views as far inferior could possibly compete with the Bison. And the best way for him to avoid that is to get NDSU to a different level and ignore them when they are actually competing. In state rivalries of similar institutions are fun. Just ask Michigan/Michigan State, Auburn/Alabama, UNC/NC State, IU/Purdue, UCLA/USC, and many more. He wants to think we are more Ohio/Ohio State and that's just not the case. NDSU has been much more successful with the transition, but there is no reason UND can't also do the same thing.

Then add in the fact he's a narcissist and loves attention. So he can come and get reactions from people that only of up his self worth. The reactions can be positive or negative. It doesn't matter. He just loves the attention. I find it sad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-22-2021, 11:19 PM
lol no I just want NDSU with its peers in FBS
not hanging with puds in a parking lots in stink forks.
most ndsu fans are with me. maybe you can talk about Eddy Schultz & some other dipshits from the 80s .

tjbison
09-22-2021, 11:21 PM

Already hearing this..based 9n a spring season where JMU and NDSU took them to the woodshed and neither had great seasons..its funny

Bison 4 Life
09-22-2021, 11:24 PM
most ndsu fans are with me. maybe you can talk about Eddy Schultz & some other dipshits from the 80s .

Dude. He fucking pegged you. Everybody thinks that.

Nobody cares what you think of us.

Kevin
09-22-2021, 11:27 PM
Dude. He fucking pegged you. Everybody thinks that.

Nobody cares what you think of us.

Lakes is used to getting pegged.

ByeSonBusiness
09-22-2021, 11:51 PM

Seems a bit odd to call it Stink Forks when North Fargo (you know, the only part of ND you give a shit about) catches a rather unpleasant scent on a fairly regular basis from the dump.

tjbison
09-23-2021, 12:03 AM
Seems a bit odd to call it Stink Forks when North Fargo (you know, the only part of ND you give a shit about) catches a rather unpleasant scent on a fairly regular basis from the dump.

Lakes wears landfill scented cologne...try again

EC8CH
09-23-2021, 01:29 AM
Lakes is used to getting pegged.

Kev would know.

bison22
09-23-2021, 01:37 AM
I'm always pumped for this game no matter what. Can't believe all the butthurt ppl over the years. This is one of the games I am most looking forward to going to in person this year.

56BISON73
09-23-2021, 01:42 AM

When you were at Duluth was that D3 or NAIA?????

MankatoBison
09-23-2021, 02:45 PM

your response is completely disconnected from reality Lakes. Let me Dissect it for you:

1. I am Not D2 in every way. I have been supportive of going FBS since after the Towson game in 2013- and have been extremely vocal about it ever since. And I have defended you many maaaany times on that front.
2. "why would I obsess over anything beneath me"? I dont know! thats why we are all wondering why you are so obsessed with people treating this game like literally any other Conference game. No one else is obsessing about this game except for you lol
3. "D1 NDSU fans agree with me and could give 2 shits less about this game or that program": I agree- I, and seemingly everyone else, is treating this game exactly like every other game on the schedule except for that its 60 miles away, and its extra fun to crush the souls of opposing fan bases. Thats it. Its much more fun to go to an away game thats sold out, rather than empty, and much more fun to crush the entire fan base, rather than the usual 2-3 fans we normally see at away games. Its more fun. Thats it. no one is acting weird except for you

abc123
09-23-2021, 03:55 PM
I like seeing Chapo go with the "reviving old threads" strategy to try to bury this one to show how much he doesn't care and also use that to proclaim no one else does either. Simple comments on 10+ random football threads straight. Not very imaginative, but points for the effort.

:judges:

mtoutfitter
09-23-2021, 04:10 PM
I like seeing Chapo go with the "reviving old threads" strategy to try to bury this one to show how much he doesn't care and also use that to proclaim no one else does either. Simple comments on 10+ random football threads straight. Not very imaginative, but points for the effort.

:judges:

So very true....Kudos to you!

NDSUBowler
09-23-2021, 04:48 PM
I'm ready for NDSU to go FBS!

I am also excited as can be for this game! Any chance to stomp these turds is alright with me.

Sadly, I recklessly made plans to go to Disney World for their 50th Anniversary without thinking through where NDSU would be playing. I hope the cell service is solid at Magic Kingdom!

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-23-2021, 05:28 PM

So you say this is UN_’s Super Bowl, so what do you call our FBS games? We sure treat those like our Super Bowls so do those FBS teams care about those games or our program? I guess they sure care afterwards after they pick up the pieces…… but they still do consider us D2. I think we need to respect the opponent no matter who they are! I like that their place is sold out and that there is a big hype up north because squashing all of that once again will be awesome! It might even sink their season once again.

EC8CH
09-23-2021, 05:32 PM
So you say this is UN_’s Super Bowl, so what do you call our FBS games? We sure treat those like our Super Bowls so do those FBS teams care about those games or our program? I guess they sure care afterwards after they pick up the pieces…… but they still do consider us D2. I think we need to respect the opponent no matter who they are! I like that their place is sold out and that there is a big hype up north because squashing all of that once again will be awesome! It might even sink their season once again.

Those are the games we get to play the underdog.

Hammerhead
09-23-2021, 09:31 PM

FBS games are exciting and often generate more national attention, but I would guess that most Bison fans consider the championship game our Superbowl over an FBS game. In other words, I'd rather have a national title over another win against Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas State, etc.

BisonHorns
09-24-2021, 12:39 AM
This looks like a golder opportunity for someone. Tickets behind UND bench.

barnwintersportsengelstad
09-24-2021, 09:55 AM
If it doesn't rain for two weeks I'll be completely done with harvest and ready to mash the potatoes.

I hope you get the crop off.
Then drop some coin in GF on the 2nd.
How the crops look/end up your way?

scottietohottie
09-24-2021, 12:23 PM
I hope you get the crop off.
Then drop some coin in GF on the 2nd.
How the crops look/end up your way?

The first couple days of beans has been a real disappointment but we started on the worst. Nicest canola crop I've ever raised. Got lucky for once and had that planted where it rained.

siouxfan512
09-24-2021, 02:12 PM

I'm sure he tried and his stolen credit card was rejected.

For the rest of you, have a great time and enjoy the game! Wish I was making the drive up, but with kids sports I'll be taking in the game from home. I still remember the last game between these two at the Alerus, as I was a freshman in college at the time. Anyone else remember the subway commercials leading up to the game? Lennon's Chicken Teriyaki Sub OR Bohls Buffalo Chicken?

Enjoy!

barnwintersportsengelstad
09-27-2021, 12:56 AM
The first couple days of beans has been a real disappointment but we started on the worst. Nicest canola crop I've ever raised. Got lucky for once and had that planted where it rained.

Nice harvesting weather. See you Saturday then.

MankatoBison
09-27-2021, 01:38 PM
FBS games are exciting and often generate more national attention, but I would guess that most Bison fans consider the championship game our Superbowl over an FBS game. In other words, I'd rather have a national title over another win against Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas State, etc.

I would trade Nattys for Kansas State, Iowa and the pair of Minnesota wins- I wouldnt trade Nattys for the other FBS wins though

MNLonghorn10
09-27-2021, 02:49 PM

Not this cowboy. Beating FBS teams in their own stadium is always the pinnacle. Beating Towson, JSU, EWU etc by 2 tds+ doesn’t hold a candle

Bisonator98
09-27-2021, 02:54 PM
Not this cowboy. Beating P5 teams in their own stadium is always the pinnacle. Beating Towson, JSU, EWU etc by 2 tds+ doesn’t hold a candle

FIFY

Not all FBS teams are equal

Kujava23
09-27-2021, 03:22 PM
FAWKERS GAME WEEK

Which trick plays will they have put together with 2 weeks preparation time-----

they have used HB PASS recently

double reverse

fake punt

double pass ----throw out to wr like a bubble (behind LOS) and throw deep

Fawkers gotta roll dice to try to flip momentum----because Bison are going to try to replicate 330 yards rushing did in the spring when UND thought they could compete

GreenfieldBison
09-27-2021, 05:36 PM
Not this cowboy. Beating FBS teams in their own stadium is always the pinnacle. Beating Towson, JSU, EWU etc by 2 tds+ doesn’t hold a candle

We will “always” value most that which is least available to us.

MNLonghorn10
09-27-2021, 05:56 PM
FIFY

Not all FBS teams are equal

Yea…but colorado state was the biggest shit show party of the fbs wins I’ve been to so that counts somewhere

56BISON73
09-27-2021, 09:40 PM
Yea…but colorado state was the biggest shit show party of the fbs wins I’ve been to so that counts somewhere

I remember them trying to direct people where to park. Most just took off and went where they wanted . Funniest thing I saw that day was a lady on foot try to run down a bus as she was yelling----- "come back here---you are not cooperating"---as other vehicles drove by her in
a cloud of dust.

Plus some CSU fans in our section were miffed as they couldnt get a beer because all of the concessions were packed with Bison fans. One CSU fan came back empty handed and said---""""dont they have beer in ND??????

TAILG8R
09-27-2021, 10:00 PM

I remember them trying to direct people where to park. Most just took off and went where they wanted . Funniest thing I saw that day was a lady on foot try to run down a bus as she was yelling----- "come back here---you are not cooperating"---as other vehicles drove by her in
a cloud of dust.

Plus some CSU fans in our section were miffed as they couldnt get a beer because all of the concessions were packed with Bison fans. One CSU fan came back empty handed and said---""""dont they have beer in ND??????

I remember them putting the porta potty about 5 ft passed the "fence" of the tailgating lot back in the corner where they shoved all the NDSU fans and the county mounty sitting there ticketing any person who carried a drink passed the fence. After it happened a few times Bison fans took turns standing at the fence telling other fans to set their drinks down before they crossed the fence and went to the bathroom. What an asshole thing to do to people visiting your city.

bison22
09-27-2021, 10:33 PM
Is Zach Mathis going to play this week or does no one really care anymore?

Kevin
09-27-2021, 11:17 PM
Is Zach Mathis going to play this week or does no one really care anymore?

I don’t even know who that is

bison22
09-27-2021, 11:30 PM
I don’t even know who that is

Touche.......

Alsen
09-28-2021, 02:42 AM
I'm sure some und fans have waited with a boner for this game for 15 years and will invite cousin eddie from Hoople or Maddock and be like... oh this is the big time, you better sit with me!

Now this is comedy:) This is better than the last five inane sitcoms I have watched. Thank you. I actually had a bud from hoople named eddie I played golf with in college. I worked in Maddock one summer until I got buried in a water pipe trench. Love those Maddock and Hoople people. But of course, one thing remains the same no matter what name they are masquerading as...Sioux Suck!!

Disclaimer: I grew up in the Devils Lake area and had a few really cool friends who are Native Americans, Love those people as well. But as far as UND goes, the old jingle is appropriate.

"Hail the Bison!" "Hail the Bison!" with their tails up in the air, University, University, you can kiss what's under there.

ndsubison1
09-28-2021, 02:50 AM

That was a shit show

Bison03
09-28-2021, 03:19 AM
5 dimes has NDSU as a 10.5 point favorite.

thebigund
09-28-2021, 03:54 PM

I think it’s a reasonable line. When was the last time NDSU played in an environment requiring a silent count?

HandoEX
09-28-2021, 03:56 PM
I think it’s a reasonable line. When was the last time NDSU played in an environment requiring a silent count?
2016 against Iowa

TAILG8R
09-28-2021, 04:02 PM

Better question is when will they again?

thebigund
09-28-2021, 04:06 PM
Better question is when will they again?

Well tin has nice acoustic properties for noise.

TAILG8R
09-28-2021, 04:53 PM
Well tin has nice acoustic properties for noise.

But don't all those potatoes act as a sound deadener?

Bison03
09-28-2021, 05:18 PM
Looks like a few more tickets, more than just singles, are available. Lets buy them up! Get them while you can
https://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-north-dakota-football-vs-grand-forks-north-dakota-10-02-2021/event/06005B06EB376812

Bisonator98
09-28-2021, 05:20 PM

How are you getting 5dimes lines?

Bison03
09-28-2021, 05:24 PM
How are you getting 5dimes lines?
Saw it tweeted by UND beat writer Tom Miller.

BattleBorn
09-28-2021, 05:45 PM
Campus visit to NDSU for the oldest daughter ends at 1. I will be 80 miles from Grand Forks. WHY... couldn't kickoff be 30 minutes later?

El_Chapo
09-28-2021, 06:26 PM
Looks like a few more tickets, more than just singles, are available. Lets buy them up! Get them while you can
https://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-north-dakota-football-vs-grand-forks-north-dakota-10-02-2021/event/06005B06EB376812

LOL no no we will not. also why would NDSU need a silent count when all they are going to do 40-50 times is snap & hand off to Gonella/Luepke?

Bisonator98
09-28-2021, 06:27 PM
Saw it tweeted by UND beat writer Tom Miller.

Wonder how tommy boy got it then since it's not accessible in the states.

abc123
09-28-2021, 09:15 PM

He looked it up on one of the sites that aggregates lines from multiple online books? They show Sportsbet and 5Dimes both having it at -10.5 in favor of NDSU with a O/U of 47.5. UND +315 on the moneyline with NDSU a -380 favorite.

Seems to be in line with Sagarin. Massey has it a little closer but the total right on.

Hammerhead
09-28-2021, 09:32 PM

At my old job, I could log into a VPN on a server in London and access content not available in the USA. That server came in handy when the normal ones were too slow and the people in the U.K. were already at the pub.

KSBisonFan
09-29-2021, 12:51 AM

a cloud of dust.

I remember them putting the porta potty about 5 ft passed the "fence" of the tailgating lot back in the corner where they shoved all the NDSU fans and the county mounty sitting there ticketing any person who carried a drink passed the fence. After it happened a few times Bison fans took turns standing at the fence telling other fans to set their drinks down before they crossed the fence and went to the bathroom. What an asshole thing to do to people visiting your city.

I remember the gravel tailgate lot in the far corner. The Porta potties were a shitshow so people were hiking halfway up the hill to piss. I also remember Mark Mulaney being in the CSU hall of fame.

Bison03
09-29-2021, 02:04 AM
Looks like same day tailgating will be on the way south side. Also, no lining up early.

MNLonghorn10
09-29-2021, 03:17 AM
That was a shit show

Your mom bringing apple slices was a clutch move on her part

GFBison
09-29-2021, 05:30 AM
Also make note, only 100 spots for non-reserved tailgate.

MankatoBison
09-29-2021, 01:30 PM
Also make note, only 100 spots for non-reserved tailgate.

only 100 Tailgating spots is so JV I cant believe it. Totally on brand for the FCS though, IDK what I was expecting.

Real question here, how many FCS programs routinely fill 100 tailgating spots? 3? lol what a joke the entire FCS is

abc123
09-29-2021, 02:33 PM
only 100 Tailgating spots is so JV I cant believe it. Totally on brand for the FCS though, IDK what I was expecting.

Real question here, how many FCS programs routinely fill 100 tailgating spots? 3? lol what a joke the entire FCS is

100 general admission/non-reserved spots Einstein.
NDSU has a whopping 219 general admission tailgating spots. Just over twice as much for a much larger facility. Totally big-timey!

ndsubison1
09-29-2021, 03:20 PM
He looked it up on one of the sites that aggregates lines from multiple online books? They show Sportsbet and 5Dimes both having it at -10.5 in favor of NDSU with a O/U of 47.5. UND +315 on the moneyline with NDSU a -380 favorite.

Seems to be in line with Sagarin. Massey has it a little closer but the total right on.

https://www.sportsbookreview.com/betting-odds/college-football/

BISONBRI53
10-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Since we can't line up for tailgating where is everyone waiting tomorrow?

TAILG8R
10-01-2021, 07:02 PM
Since we can't line up for tailgating where is everyone waiting tomorrow?

What are they going to do when 30-50 cars, trucks and busses all line up around the same time???

In the early years at Frisco we were told we couldn't line up early too and they wouldn't open the lots before like 7:00. by 5:30 that morning there were so many Bison fans in line the people working the entrance said f' it and let everyone in.

BISONBRI53
10-01-2021, 07:52 PM
Kind of what I figured...

TAILG8R
10-01-2021, 08:09 PM
Kind of what I figured...

I mean realistically how long are they going to let even 10-12 rigs/pickups with trailers "circle the block" before they just let people in. They won't have a plan and aren't thinking this through because they've never experienced something like this. This will be a learning experience for them for sure.

56BISON73
10-01-2021, 09:58 PM
I mean realistically how long are they going to let even 10-12 rigs/pickups with trailers "circle the block" before they just let people in. They won't have a plan and aren't thinking this through because they've never experienced something like this. This will be a learning experience for them for sure.

My bet is they are fucking with NDSU fans on purpose. They dont give a fuck whether we like it or not.

mtoutfitter
10-01-2021, 10:09 PM
My bet is they are fucking with NDSU fans on purpose. They dont give a fuck whether we like it or not.

But PL, no one is going....El Chapstick said so.

56BISON73
10-02-2021, 12:43 AM
But PL, no one is going....El Chapstick said so.

If I would have been able to go I would be there.

MinotBison
10-02-2021, 11:30 PM
Will someone post lots of tailgating pics for those of us who couldn't be there? Much appreciated.

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 12:29 AM
Will someone post lots of tailgating pics for those of us who couldn't be there? Much appreciated.

Saw a pic of a lot filled with trash.

MinotBison
10-03-2021, 03:45 AM
Saw a pic of a lot filled with trash.

Um, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. :sigpalm: More like pics of all the NDSU fans enjoying themselves before and (especially) after the game. :D :nod:

EC8CH
10-03-2021, 03:46 AM
Um, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. :sigpalm: More like pics of all the NDSU fans enjoying themselves before and (especially) after the game. :D :nod:

Alerus is a dump... Expect trash.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2021, 06:06 AM
If I would have been able to go I would be there.

If it was really important of a game in 2021, I bet you would have been there. No offense to what you were doing today because I also had no interest in being there, but let's be real. I know you can make your schedule be what you want it to be - regardless of the event, it's not like they magically scheduled this game last week.

56BISON73
10-03-2021, 06:07 AM
If it was really important of a game in 2021, I bet you would have been there. No offense to what you were doing today because I also had no interest in being there, but let's be real. I know you can make your schedule be what you want it to be - regardless of the event, it's not like they magically scheduled this game last week.

Recovering from surgery. Had it scheduled so I had time to recover.. But some other issues came up so it was postponed a month. Which conflicted with the UND game and I wasnt going to put it off another month.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2021, 06:28 AM
Recovering from surgery. Had it scheduled so I had time to recover.. But some other issues came up so it was postponed a month. Which conflicted with the UND game and I wasnt going to put it off another month.

Damnit, that or a child's wedding were going to be "my" exceptions, touche. All bullshit aside, hope all is well. Kind of proved my point though, health>UND :)

56BISON73
10-03-2021, 06:37 AM
Damnit, that or a child's wedding were going to be "my" exceptions, touche. All bullshit aside, hope all is well. Kind of proved my point though, health>UND :)

All is good. Had the green light vaporization of the prostate. Only issue Im having is is when I have to urinate I have to urinate NOW. There is no waiting in line. There is no going down 20 rows then a 30 yard dash to the bathroom. So its either I piss down my leg or your leg. And I aint pissing down mine. :D Its just all part of the recovery process of controlling your urinary flow after the sphincters have been stretched out during the procedure.

ByeSonBusiness
10-03-2021, 06:43 AM

Are you suggesting there is more to life than college football? Lol idiot

EndZoneQB
10-03-2021, 06:45 AM
All is good. Had the green light vaporization of the prostate. Only issue Im having is is when I have to urinate I have to urinate NOW. There is no waiting in line. There is no going down 20 rows then a 30 yard dash to the bathroom. So its either I piss down my leg or your leg. And I aint pissing down mine. :D Its just all part of the recovery process of controlling your urinary flow after the sphincters have been stretched out during the procedure.

Lmao, glad you can still have a sense of humor about it. I'll be sure to let you budge in front of me if we ever end up in the same line again :D

Or I'll be saying this: https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ef6312cb-739d-4621-9eab-3132610d19fd

56BISON73
10-03-2021, 06:48 AM
Lmao, glad you can still have a sense of humor about it. I'll be sure to let you budge in front of me if we ever end up in the same line again :D

Or I'll be saying this: https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ef6312cb-739d-4621-9eab-3132610d19fd

:D:nod:...........

StL Bison Fan
10-03-2021, 02:59 PM

Daughter got married during the Montana game. Son got married last weekend with the bye.
But I’m not allowed to have favorites…. :innocent:

GCWaters
10-03-2021, 03:31 PM

Best wishes for your recovery—that’s something a lot of us will likely face, eventually…

56BISON73
10-03-2021, 07:01 PM
Best wishes for your recovery—that’s something a lot of us will likely face, eventually…

They have meds that work really well for BPH. BUT they have some undesirable side effects.

EndZoneQB
10-03-2021, 09:17 PM
They have meds that work really well for BPH. BUT they have some undesirable side effects.

Yeah, getting my hairline back :D

56BISON73
10-03-2021, 09:21 PM
Yeah, getting my hairline back :D

So you end up with a head of hair but you cant get lucky. :D Actually you can get lucky but there is no happy moment. Let me think on this one.:D

GreenfieldBison
10-03-2021, 09:48 PM
So you end up with a head of hair but you cant get lucky. :D Actually you can get lucky but there is no happy moment. Let me think on this one.:D

My neighbor had prostate cancer and had it removed. He still gets lucky, has his happy moment, but there’s no mess if he misses the pocket.

56BISON73
10-03-2021, 09:52 PM
My neighbor had prostate cancer and had it removed. He still gets lucky, has his happy moment, but there’s no mess if he misses the pocket.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: