PDA

View Full Version : Biggest FCS game on Oct 2 upgraded to ESPN 2

El_Chapo
09-20-2021, 09:33 PM
National TV for Montana/EWU!
smart decision for ESPN to showcase the biggest fcs game that day.

EDIT- oops move to News about other schools

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-20-2021, 10:34 PM
Or add it to the Bison fatigue thread. We would dwarf the viewership of this game. I feel like this is more of a snub to NDSU than a relief……

EWU is so soft! Blowout coming?

TAILG8R
09-20-2021, 10:37 PM
Or add it to the Bison fatigue thread. We would dwarf the viewership of this game. I feel like this is more of a snub to NDSU than a relief……

EWU is so soft! Blowout coming?

I don't think they want to put a bye week on national tv

cx500d
09-21-2021, 12:00 AM
Just a few weeks ago (9/11), Montana 42, WIU 7.
Saturday (9/18) EWU 62, WIU 56.

By the Transitive property, it's looking like it should be ~ Montana 42, EWU 13.

OrygunBison
09-21-2021, 03:54 PM
Just a few weeks ago (9/11), Montana 42, WIU 7.
Saturday (9/18) EWU 62, WIU 56.

By the Transitive property, it's looking like it should be ~ Montana 42, EWU 13.

Or Montana 111, EWU 56.

MankatoBison
09-21-2021, 04:00 PM
The biggest game in the FCS each week is NDSU vs whoever theyre playing. There is quite literally no other games that matter. We are the only program worth watching in the FCS. JMU and SDSU are worth getting score final score updates each week. Other than that, literally no other programs matter. Its sad really. All the other school could shut their programs down and ESPN and 99.99999% of college football fans wouldnt notice and/or care

tony
09-21-2021, 04:02 PM
Or Montana 111, EWU 56.

Luckily the dogs wake me up at 4am every morning so I can catch the 4th quarter of this one.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-21-2021, 05:24 PM
The biggest game in the FCS each week is NDSU vs whoever theyre playing. There is quite literally no other games that matter. We are the only program worth watching in the FCS. JMU and SDSU are worth getting score final score updates each week. Other than that, literally no other programs matter. Its sad really. All the other school could shut their programs down and ESPN and 99.99999% of college football fans wouldnt notice and/or care

Then why isn’t ESPN picking up our game instead? I feel like getting our game on ESPN2 is worthy no matter who we are playing. I’ll take all the national exposure we can get especially with all of these conference realignments

NDSU2006
09-21-2021, 05:31 PM
Everyone calm down and look at the timeslots. As of now there's only one other game ESPN is covering after the Auburn/LSU game, Old Dominion v UTEP. We don't play our games at 8:30 at night, we play our games during the day where there are plenty of options to choose from. Such is life in the FCS when none of you want to play night games, Thursday or Friday games, etc.

bruinbison
09-21-2021, 06:16 PM

:cool::judges::cheers:

Bison03
09-21-2021, 06:16 PM
Agree. The game is at 10:30 eastern time. Not a lot of football games to choose from that late. Will be good exposure for the FCS.

nodak651
09-21-2021, 06:20 PM
Also, doesn't the Big Sky's new contract with ESPN mandate a couple games on ESPNU or better each year? Why doesn't the MVFC have something similar? My guess is because it's a one sport conference? Apples to Apples, the UND/NDSU game is much better, and it isn't on that nasty red field.

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 07:33 PM
Butt we are BISONNATION!!!! WE DESERVE EVERYTHING!!!! So dumb!!! I posted that on FB this weekend when people were emailing FLO telling them they sucked...

MankatoBison
09-21-2021, 09:28 PM
Then why isn’t ESPN picking up our game instead? I feel like getting our game on ESPN2 is worthy no matter who we are playing. I’ll take all the national exposure we can get especially with all of these conference realignments

I wasnt being facetious- I'm 100% serious when I say no one in the FCS matters outside of us, haha! I agree with you, if given the choice, I think our game deserves ESPN 2, and I would love the extra exposure! I am in total agreement with you

cx500d
09-22-2021, 05:06 AM
Or Montana 111, EWU 56.

Unless Dave Dickenson has received a COVID Do-over of his last season, I find the Montana score of 111 unlikely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
09-22-2021, 01:25 PM
Good for them. Helps that they're on Pacific time.

Bisonator98
09-22-2021, 02:13 PM
Agree. The game is at 10:30 eastern time. Not a lot of football games to choose from that late. Will be good exposure for the FCS.

Thank god it's going to be that late. Not as many people needing retina transplants from that red turf!

SDbison
09-22-2021, 04:10 PM
Hope NDSU can make deep runs in the playoffs as getting ESPN to broadcast a game during the regular season without an FBS game is nil and none. We are in flyover country and media loves the coastal states and Montana where many from the coast own land. Doesn't matter if we won 8 of the last 10 nattys, we are irrelevant to them and they hope we go away! Being FCS just adds to the excuse to ignore us. Need to move to FBS as soon as possible or what little momentum is left will be gone.

Hammerhead
09-22-2021, 04:13 PM
Maybe if we had Deion Sanders for a head coach we would be on the ESPN networks more often. :rolleyes:

Hope NDSU can make deep runs in the playoffs as getting ESPN to broadcast a game during the regular season without an FBS game is nil and none. We are in flyover country and media loves the coastal states and Montana where many from the coast own land. Doesn't matter if we won 8 of the last 10 nattys, we are irrelevant to them and they hope we go away! Being FCS just adds to the excuse to ignore us. Need to move to FBS as soon as possible or what little momentum is left will be gone.

Bisonator98
09-22-2021, 04:23 PM
Maybe if we had Deion Sanders for a head coach we would be on the ESPN networks more often. :rolleyes:

He prefers "Coach Prime"....

I can just see him putting McFooly in his place already. :rofl: Might be worth it just for that reason alone haha

El_Chapo
09-30-2021, 01:58 PM
Montana -6 or EWU +250. HMMMM decisions

MankatoBison
09-30-2021, 02:17 PM

Searching for lies... none detected

ndsubison1
09-30-2021, 02:18 PM
Montana -6 or EWU +250. HMMMM decisions

EWU. Barriere putting up Heisman watch numbers.

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2021, 02:34 PM

Danger on this is EWU's defense is TERRIBLE. (watched them twice) Check the O/U.

Kevin
09-30-2021, 03:01 PM
Danger on this is EWU's defense is TERRIBLE. (watched them twice) Check the O/U.
I’d set it at 119 lol

MankatoBison
09-30-2021, 05:10 PM

I'm not denying that Barriere is good, but they put up what? 20 pts in regulation against the UNIVERSITY OF LAS VEGAS?!?!? and threw 2 picks in the process?

yikes, color me not impressed whatsoever with Barriere

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2021, 07:05 PM
I'm not denying that Barriere is good, but they put up what? 20 pts in regulation against the UNIVERSITY OF LAS VEGAS?!?!? and threw 2 picks in the process?

yikes, color me not impressed whatsoever with Barriere

I did not watch that game, but in the 2 other games, he always hits the open guys. He is damn good and looks like a CFL QB to me for sure. Built perfectly for that league.

TAILG8R
09-30-2021, 07:23 PM

Watch what happens AGAIN when EWU plays a good defense.

I did not watch that game, but in the 2 other games, he always hits the open guys. He is damn good and looks like a CFL QB to me for sure. Built perfectly for that league.

This. He's a good player but not great. He puts up video game numbers in a league that plays no defense. Hopefully for him he gets a shot up in Canada and makes some $$ for himself.