PDA

View Full Version : Towson Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Kevin
09-19-2021, 12:47 AM
1) i'm rich bitch. thanks to the bros in the gambling thread for pointing me in the right direction for horribly unrealistic fcs lines.
2) QP had a good game. First deep ball was money. Second a bit off. We'll pretend the INT never happened. He still doesn't seem like he runs near as hard as he should though (or as he did on tape).
3) Our Boy Dom is a machine. But Luepke is a tank. Give both guys more touches.
4) And more for Williams. He's a tank too.
5) Christian Watson is hilarious to me. Catches crazy hard shit and drops 5 yard hook patterns. But please leave the dancing for the tik tak and just give the ref the damn ball.
6) Sproles was briefly sighted then invisible again.
7) Great play calling by TR in the first half. Less so as the game went on but whatever.
8) Waege news probably ain't going to be good. Huge loss if it's serious. Defense played awesome. Special shout out to Cox, he was all over the field and hitting hard.
9) Special teams is... well, special.
10) Towson boomer announce team was fucking hilarious. Wrong about absolutely everything they said/saw and kept talking about DI-AA. I can't believe I paid to listen to that.
11) Fuck the CAA, their refs, their fans, their coast and their mothers.

tjbison
09-19-2021, 12:49 AM
Ditto........

Big Bird
09-19-2021, 12:50 AM
10. I grew to love them by the end of the game. Old guy was way less crabby in the 2nd half after he realized they had no chance. It is incredible how often they were wrong.

12. Don't forget to cancel Flo

oldmantutters
09-19-2021, 12:51 AM
NDSU is better than this and if you can't see that and/or don't agree then you are part of the problem.

NDSU is better than that joke of a tv arrangement. NDSU is better than than hack-job of officiating. NDSU is better than that team that they played. The last two weeks have been a perfect display of everything that is wrong with FCS.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

DCinOK
09-19-2021, 12:53 AM
When I and my friends were about 10 y.o. and playing electric football in the 70s, one of us would provide play by play and color commentary speaking into a tape recorder. Our commentary was more professional and insightful than those two were. However, they were far more entertaining and laugh-inducing without trying to be than we ever were. That was seriously the most entertaining thing that took place at Johnny Unitas stadium today.

BisonNeil
09-19-2021, 12:55 AM
Based on what a couple of friends said who watched the game and Phil Hansen on 1660, this might have been a horrifically bad ref team. The bounce pass completion as in PAC12 refs in 2010 quarterfinals on the red carpet put it over the top.

HerdBot
09-19-2021, 12:55 AM
Offense was unreal.
Defense was unreal.
Special teams was terrible in the first half.
Play calling was unreal.

Outside of a few plays, QP looks like he is progressing faster than we expected. When you have a running QB, am elite fullback, and an assortment of tailback with a huge push we are unstoppable. Tamarick Williams looks like the real deal

Well have to play just as good up on El Forko

DCinOK
09-19-2021, 12:56 AM
NDSU is better than this and if you can't see that and/or don't agree then you are part of the problem.

NDSU is better than that joke of a tv arrangement. NDSU is better than than hack-job of officiating. NDSU is better than that team that they played. The last two weeks have been a perfect display of everything that is wrong with FCS.

Pretty electric atmosphere at Johnny U. Stadium, wasn't it?

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 01:04 AM
Hunter Luepke is also a WR apparently.

Hammerhead
09-19-2021, 01:05 AM
And the fair catch near the end of the game after the punt hit the ground was a big miss.
Based on what a couple of friends said who watched the game and Phil Hansen on 1660, this might have been a horrifically bad ref team. The bounce pass completion as in PAC12 refs in 2010 quarterfinals on the red carpet put it over the top.

El_Chapo
09-19-2021, 01:14 AM
only bad things was Waege hurt & clock mgmt again at half & throwing that trick play out and Quincy throwing the INT at goalline with it. totally unnecessary.

everything else was fabulous, Defense plays like this and gets Kaszor back in 2 weeks, watch out

HerdBot
09-19-2021, 01:15 AM
I don't want to be critical of QP2 because he's taking our offense to the next level. But he could benefit by working out with the running backs a little. He's great on the edge but it seems like he's missing just a little bit of running skills at times. He has the tools to take his running skills to the next level but maybe it's because I'm used to seeing Easton and Trey who were the best Bison running QBs in my lifetime. Easton would have been the best running back on the team

Till
09-19-2021, 01:23 AM
On the 1660 post game the hosts were just breaking down Towson's rushing attack in terms of Zenners. It was that kind of defensive effort today.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
09-19-2021, 01:27 AM
On the 1660 post game the hosts were just breaking down Towson's rushing attack in terms of Zenners. It was that kind of defensive effort today.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

37 yards on 30 rushing attempts.

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 01:28 AM
So you can't dance after a Touchdown? Not even if it's only two pelvic thrusts?

123Gobison
09-19-2021, 01:37 AM
I don't want to be critical of QP2 because he's taking our offense to the next level. But he could benefit by working out with the running backs a little. He's great on the edge but it seems like he's missing just a little bit of running skills at times. He has the tools to take his running skills to the next level but maybe it's because I'm used to seeing Easton and Trey who were the best Bison running QBs in my lifetime. Easton would have been the best running back on the team

Sounds like you are upset that Easton was chosen as a QB and you wanted him to be a RB for the Chargers.:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2: Unfortunately you are not alone. There are a lot of people on this board you follow your line of thought.

HerdBot
09-19-2021, 01:41 AM
Sounds like you are upset that Easton was chosen as a QB and you wanted him to be a RB for the Chargers.:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2: Unfortunately you are not alone. There are a lot of people on this board you follow your line of thought.

6-2, 225 and as quick as a cat? Yep. He had the fastest QB 3 cone at the NFL combine in 15 years. Easton was such a good runner he permanently changed our offense

gavin2126
09-19-2021, 01:56 AM

Two is allowed. Just don't pull a Hingle McCringleberry and test the referee. He will show no leniency.

td577
09-19-2021, 02:02 AM
I don't want to be critical of QP2 because he's taking our offense to the next level. But he could benefit by working out with the running backs a little. He's great on the edge but it seems like he's missing just a little bit of running skills at times. He has the tools to take his running skills to the next level but maybe it's because I'm used to seeing Easton and Trey who were the best Bison running QBs in my lifetime. Easton would have been the best running back on the teamStick wouldn't have been better than Anderson or Dunn as a full time running back. A running qb has so many advantages because their running is situational. Stick's running ability was deadly to opponents, but that doesn't mean that translates to rb.

I think QP will be fine in conference play. He will be given the green light to take off whenever he wants. He has been holding back because he is working on running the plays as designed. He has said a much in podcasts. It's hard to look decisive on runs when you aren't decisive. Those 4 yard first down take offs will turn into 24 when it becomes reflexive.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

tjbison
09-19-2021, 02:10 AM

Well, I assume these refs are quick to the trigger because they do have to ref JMU regularly

HerdBot
09-19-2021, 02:17 AM
Stick wouldn't have been better than Anderson or Dunn as a full time running back. A running qb has so many advantages because their running is situational. Stick's running ability was deadly to opponents, but that doesn't mean that translates to rb.

I think QP will be fine in conference play. He will be given the green light to take off whenever he wants. He has been holding back because he is working on running the plays as designed. He has said a much in podcasts. It's hard to look decisive on runs when you aren't decisive. Those 4 yard first down take offs will turn into 24 when it becomes reflexive.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I think had we thrown him back there he would have been at the very least as good. Easton hit the hole quicker than anyone including Bruce and Lance and had elite vision while running

Trey was faster in the open field but Easton was definitely quicker

Trey has a way better arm though

WeAreThePride
09-19-2021, 02:18 AM
35-7 baby. It's a good score.

marenlee
09-19-2021, 02:21 AM
One of the best decisions I have ever made was not falling for the flosports scam. I almost had a panic moment at kickoff to get a last second subscription but Jeff and Phil’s voices soothed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison
09-19-2021, 02:22 AM
Let’s give some credit to the big boys up front. They pushed Towson’s fat boys around all game!

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 02:33 AM
Let’s give some credit to the big boys up front. They pushed Towson’s fat boys around all game!

Total domination by both lines.

NDSUBowler
09-19-2021, 02:35 AM
My favorite boomer announcer moment was when NDSU subbed players in and the color guy said ‘looks like NDSU is going to go with 4 wide receivers’ and then NDSU lined up in Delta.

El_Chapo
09-19-2021, 03:18 AM
One of the best decisions I have ever made was not falling for the flosports scam. I almost had a panic moment at kickoff to get a last second subscription but Jeff and Phil’s voices soothed me.

we posted the free link here homey

El_Chapo
09-19-2021, 03:19 AM
My favorite boomer announcer moment was when NDSU subbed players in and the color guy said ‘looks like NDSU is going to go with 4 wide receivers’ and then NDSU lined up in Delta.

bahahahaha

marenlee
09-19-2021, 03:26 AM
we posted the free link here homey

It wasn’t working well for me so I gave up on it after only a few minutes of video. Lots of buffering and blank screens.

oldmantutters
09-19-2021, 03:56 AM
It wasn’t working well for me so I gave up on it after only a few minutes of video. Lots of buffering and blank screens.Same here. I could get it to work on phone but not in the FireTV so I listened to Jeff and Phil. From what I saw, not worth anything close to $20 for the flo stream.

Professor Chaos
09-19-2021, 04:30 AM
Tamerik Williams is a stud. Bison are L.O.A.D.E.D at RB. That is all.

Gothmog
09-19-2021, 04:39 AM

Indeed, IMO this is the best group of running backs in NDSU history. Speed, size, power, explosiveness, and great depth. They've got it all. Unfortunately, there's only one football. Someone has to get screwed on PT.

Professor Chaos
09-19-2021, 04:44 AM
Indeed, IMO this is the best group of running backs in NDSU history. Speed, size, power, explosiveness, and great depth. They've got it all. Unfortunately, there's only one football. Someone has to get screwed on PT.
Dare I say he reminded me of a young Johnny Crockett. That's not to take away from Dom Gonella (Sam Ojuri), Jalen Bussey (Mike Sigers), or Hunter Leupke (Tyler Roehl). Imagine having Crockett, Ojuri, Roehl, and Sigers all on the same team. Might be premature but that's what it seems like they have to me. All they need is an RB like DJ McNorton who can be lethal in the screen game and it's pretty much the best of the last 15 years of Bison RBs all there on one squad.

HerdBot
09-19-2021, 04:46 AM

Not a lot of moves but he just runs through people and then glides at a really fast speed

Professor Chaos
09-19-2021, 04:49 AM
Not a lot of moves but he just runs through people and then glides at a really fast speed
If only we had a replay I could link to (thanks for nothing Flo Sports) but there was one run where Williams eluded a tackler at his ankles while at the same time carrying a tackler on his back... the guy was running possessed tonight... so was Gonnella before he tweaked his leg. This is a special group.

EDIT: And Bussey is way better between the tackles than a guy his size should ever be.

Uffda
09-19-2021, 10:54 AM
Dare I say he reminded me of a young Johnny Crockett. That's not to take away from Dom Gonella (Sam Ojuri), Jalen Bussey (Mike Sigers), or Hunter Leupke (Tyler Roehl). Imagine having Crockett, Ojuri, Roehl, and Sigers all on the same team. Might be premature but that's what it seems like they have to me. All they need is an RB like DJ McNorton who can be lethal in the screen game and it's pretty much the best of the last 15 years of Bison RBs all there on one squad.
Kobe Johnson can be your DJ.

SDbison
09-19-2021, 01:33 PM
Kobe Johnson can be your DJ.Tamerik Williams would then be Bruce Anderson?

tjbison
09-19-2021, 01:37 PM

too bad Sigers got booted from the team for Academics!

Kevin
09-19-2021, 02:38 PM
Tamerik Williams would then be Bruce Anderson?

More of a King Frazier IMO.

123Gobison
09-19-2021, 03:14 PM
This is exactly why our OC should dial up atleast 15-20 passes per game. We know QP needs to work on his decision making. Not sure why he made that decision to throw that pass near the 1 yard line when the TE was running in the opposite direction. At least we now know what area to improve.

NovaBison
09-19-2021, 03:28 PM
This is exactly why our OC should dial up atleast 15-20 passes per game. We know QP needs to work on his decision making. Not sure why he made that decision to throw that pass near the 1 yard line when the TE was running in the opposite direction. At least we now know what area to improve.

it was part of the game plan... they wanted Towson at the 5 yard line so Code Green could get a safety... everybody loves a safety!

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 03:35 PM
it was part of the game plan... they wanted Towson at the 5 yard line so Code Green could get a safety... everybody loves a safety!

How else were we going to get back to 35-7?

NovaBison
09-19-2021, 03:48 PM
Towson's Post Game Presser:

https://youtu.be/2EIChCK9aG4

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 03:51 PM
http://youtu.be/2EIChCK9aG4

NDSU92
09-19-2021, 03:54 PM
Any idea if a replay of the game will be available on YouTube? The only highlights I can find are 90 seconds posted by the CAA’s account. It shows: Towson’s long kick return, the INT, two sacks and Townson’s garbage time TD. Lol quite the highlight reel.

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 03:55 PM
One of the saddest highlight videos ever

http://youtu.be/-RxdA8X-Gc4

bri-dog
09-19-2021, 03:55 PM
Never done this before, but our entire watch party was rooting for Towson to score at the end. A shutout would have been nice, but 35-7 (again) just seemed so perfect.

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 03:59 PM
Never done this before, but our entire watch party was rooting for Towson to score at the end. A shutout would have been nice, but 35-7 (again) just seemed so perfect.

After a safety makes up for two missed PATs it was destiny.

123Gobison
09-19-2021, 04:41 PM
More of a King Frazier IMO.

King Frazier was slow as shit but hard to bring him down. I seen him upclose few time near Living Learning Center parking lot, he was big and shredded but during actual game he was slow and getting caught by the opposing team Defense.

VirginiaBison
09-19-2021, 05:23 PM
This is exactly why our OC should dial up at least 15-20 passes per game. We know QP needs to work on his decision making. Not sure why he made that decision to throw that pass near the 1 yard line when the TE was running in the opposite direction. At least we now know what area to improve.

The loud Bison guy behind us in the stands with a running commentary of the game insisted right after the interception that it was a planned play to get a safety to offset the two missing extra points and then get the ball back on the ensuing punt to score another TD. Outside of throwing the interception, the rest played out as he called it.

El_Chapo
09-19-2021, 05:23 PM
One of the saddest highlight videos ever

http://youtu.be/-RxdA8X-Gc4

that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

VirginiaBison
09-19-2021, 06:12 PM
that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Notice the advancing Bison score box on each of these high lights.

Hammerhead
09-19-2021, 06:25 PM
Notice the advancing Bison score box on each of these high lights.

It’s bad when a tackle for loss is a highlight.

tony
09-19-2021, 08:20 PM
Our kicker caught their returner even though he had a terrible angle - Phil pointed this out during the broadcast, but I didn't realize how terrible the angle was until I saw the replay.

VirginiaBison
09-19-2021, 10:04 PM
It’s bad when a tackle for loss is a highlight.

True, but each time the Bison score is higher than the previous "high light" until the Tigers finally score. But that is probably beyond your comprehension of the game progress.

roadwarrior
09-19-2021, 10:35 PM
Announced attendance was 9,100. If that is correct, Towson has a 30,000 seat stadium.

EC8CH
09-19-2021, 10:47 PM
Announced attendance was 9,100. If that is correct, Towson has a 30,000 seat stadium.

Thought the stands looked spares on TV.

Hammerhead
09-19-2021, 10:49 PM
True, but each time the Bison score is higher than the previous "high light" until the Tigers finally score. But that is probably beyond your comprehension of the game progress.

Someone already mentioned that so I didn’t repeat it. I’ll pray for you since you seem to have so much hate in your soul.

BisonHorns
09-20-2021, 01:24 AM
This headline and corresponding picture are hilarious. The headline brags about crowd size but they matched it with a picture of empty bleachers.9702

NDSU92
09-20-2021, 01:46 AM
Favorite part is after Luepke’s TD and his 40 yard reception first thing he does is run to the ref and hand him the ball with two hands.

Alsen
09-20-2021, 02:13 AM
Our kicker caught their returner even though he had a terrible angle - Phil pointed this out during the broadcast, but I didn't realize how terrible the angle was until I saw the replay.

Our kicker is a stud athlete, but I think it was actually Kubitz who made the tackle after Reinholz slowed him down and made him stumble. Great work by both guys saving a TD.

cx500d
09-20-2021, 03:30 AM

I think that was about right. Lots of people were hanging out in the beer corral down on the track too. Lots of students compared to our home games. They gave away free Towson T-shirts, not sure if that enticed any.

cx500d
09-20-2021, 03:34 AM
This headline and corresponding picture are hilarious. The headline brags about crowd size but they matched it with a picture of empty bleachers.9702

Not sure when that pic was taken, looks toward the end of the game. That view was of the student section and it was pretty full through about 3 quarters.

Bison 4 Life
09-20-2021, 12:17 PM
This was us

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210920/3ca2c44c98b562dbf22b58c802c2bfe3.jpg

Hammerhead
09-20-2021, 01:53 PM
Is the guy in front of you with the watch in the witness protection program or supposed to be somewhere else? :biggrin:

This was us

Bison 4 Life
09-20-2021, 02:13 PM
Is the guy in front of you with the watch in the witness protection program or supposed to be somewhere else? :biggrin:

I honestly thought he thought he was getting out of the way of something when I looked back at it. He said he was local so maybe he works for the NSA?

I literally hooked my feet under the bleacher and hung out over the railing, thought I was going to get in trouble for it.

MankatoBison
09-20-2021, 04:08 PM
Wow, after this win, I had to re-do my top 5 biggest wins in Bison history:

1. JMU in the natty rd.1
2. JMU in the natty rd 2
3. Towson in the natty
4. Towson 2021
5. Albany 2021

The CAA is the SEC of the FCS. Lucky to get out of their alive, much less with a win!
This conference routinely dominates in the trenches in losses to other bad teams. Its remarkable we were able to score any points at all.

Someday, if we can win a few more titles, we might be able to hang with these elite CAA teams

EC8CH
09-20-2021, 04:28 PM
Wow, after this win, I had to re-do my top 5 biggest wins in Bison history:

1. JMU in the natty rd.1
2. JMU in the natty rd 2
3. Towson in the natty
4. Towson 2021
5. Albany 2021

The CAA is the SEC of the FCS. Lucky to get out of their alive, much less with a win!
This conference routinely dominates in the trenches in losses to other bad teams. Its remarkable we were able to score any points at all.

Someday, if we can win a few more titles, we might be able to hang with these elite CAA teams

Deliwhere man!!!! HELLO?!?!?!? How can you forget those epic nailbiters?

StL Bison Fan
09-20-2021, 04:35 PM
I honestly thought he thought he was getting out of the way of something when I looked back at it. He said he was local so maybe he works for the NSA?

I literally hooked my feet under the bleacher and hung out over the railing, thought I was going to get in trouble for it.
Since we are not in the picture, you mean the royal ‘us’

reformedUNDfan
09-20-2021, 05:13 PM

Lance Dunn, Bruce Anderson, and Chase Morlock would have something to say about that.

Twincitybizon
09-20-2021, 05:19 PM
Lance Dunn, Bruce Anderson, and Chase Morlock would have something to say about that.

I agree with gothmog. Nobody is Bruce good, but as a whole we're currently better

Bison 4 Life
09-20-2021, 05:34 PM
Deliwhere man!!!! HELLO?!?!?!? How can you forget those epic nailbiters?

Richmond? UNH?

cx500d
09-20-2021, 11:50 PM
This was us

We were sitting on the other side. There were a decent amount of NDSU people sitting on the Home side amongst the Towson paying customers. The Towson people were actually alright. They had a feeling of doom going into the game...When you set your expectations low, you aren't so disappointed when your expectations are met.

cx500d
09-20-2021, 11:53 PM
By the way, I would like to give a big shout out to the nice contingent of North Dakota Air National Guard members deployed to a DC area Air Force base that came out to tailgate and attend the game... Thanks for supporting the home town and home state team!

EC8CH
09-21-2021, 02:30 AM
http://youtu.be/_H6_-5POcCk

I miss that lady who watches the game behind her right shoulder. Guess she didn't pay for the flo stream.

Bison 4 Life
09-21-2021, 11:43 AM
We were sitting on the other side. There were a decent amount of NDSU people sitting on the Home side amongst the Towson paying customers. The Towson people were actually alright. They had a feeling of doom going into the game...When you set your expectations low, you aren't so disappointed when your expectations are met.

We saw some of you, it was hard to tell because everyone was wearing yellow.
:D

MankatoBison
09-21-2021, 01:48 PM
My goodness the fact that we can even bring up the idea of "is this combination of RBs the best we've ever had?" is crazy. Seriously, How spoiled are we? I mean this in the best possible way. Our RB room right now is insane lol. Calling offense right now is "which RB do we want to get us 18 yards this time?" lol its awesome

The fact that we're not sure if this is the best RB room we've had is absolute insanity because For any other FCS program and about 70% of FBS programs in the country they would be considering building statues of these guys lol. Theres a legitimate argument to say this is in the bottom half of our RB depth chart in the last decade, and legitimate argument to say its the best.

a good time to be a Bison fan, as always

Hammerhead
09-21-2021, 01:59 PM
We are definitely spoiled with so many great players at every position over the years. Just imagine you are getting your butt kicked and the 3rd string running back with fresh legs in the 2nd half you need to tackle is TaMerik Williams.

My goodness the fact that we can even bring up the idea of "is this combination of RBs the best we've ever had?" is crazy. Seriously, How spoiled are we? I mean this in the best possible way. Our RB room right now is insane lol. Calling offense right now is "which RB do we want to get us 18 yards this time?" lol its awesome

The fact that we're not sure if this is the best RB room we've had is absolute insanity because For any other FCS program and about 70% of FBS programs in the country they would be considering building statues of these guys lol. Theres a legitimate argument to say this is in the bottom half of our RB depth chart in the last decade, and legitimate argument to say its the best.

a good time to be a Bison fan, as always

TAILG8R
09-21-2021, 03:40 PM
We are definitely spoiled with so many great players at every position over the years. Just imagine you are getting your butt kicked and the 3rd string running back with fresh legs in the 2nd half you need to tackle is TaMerik Williams.

I predict he is going to have a coming out party in a big game this year. Everyone can see he's good. I'm not trying to say that I see something others don't. I'm saying that he will be THE factor in a big game for us whether that be SDSU, the playoffs, hell even UN_.

Twincitybizon
09-21-2021, 04:04 PM
I predict he is going to have a coming out party in a big game this year. Everyone can see he's good. I'm not trying to say that I see something others don't. I'm saying that he will be THE factor in a big game for us whether that be SDSU, the playoffs, hell even UN_.

Und struggled tracking luepke. Williams will run them over

ZHerd
09-21-2021, 04:12 PM
I like our RB group but we will see what they are made of when we play a real football team. They have played three bad teams with trash defenses. Let’s see if they can pull 5ypc vs Jacks, SIU, UNI etc before anointing them

EC8CH
09-21-2021, 04:20 PM
Und struggled tracking luepke. Williams will run them over

Especially when brought in with fresh legs midway through the game. With the depth in the RB room, NDSU should run the hurry up goal line and swap out back every 4 or 5 plays. Dare opposing defenses to try and keep up.

SDbison
09-21-2021, 05:05 PM
I like our RB group but we will see what they are made of when we play a real football team. They have played three bad teams with trash defenses. Let’s see if they can pull 5ypc vs Jacks, SIU, UNI etc before anointing them Great point. The run all time posters here that think you can always make that happen are badly mistaken. Not only am I concerned how good our current backs are at running thru tackles, not fumbling the ball, etc., but also how good are our QBs under pressure at making good decisons and completing a critical pass for a 1st down or touchdown. Not much experience in those areas from these first 3 games. 5 to 15 passes a game is a joke, I don't care what level of football you play. How about 4 or 5 seven yard passes to our TEs anytime during a game? We have NFL caliber TEs and rarely use them. TR and ME are the least imaginative coaches at NDSU in a long time! Our Defense also has not really been tested. Just wait for panic to set in when we get behind to the bunnies or UNI and don't have an answer on offense. Don't expect a 4th down run of 70 yards to save the day. The more I see of this team, the more I am convinced we don't have issues with talent, just with some of the coaches.

reformedUNDfan
09-21-2021, 05:23 PM
I agree with gothmog. Nobody is Bruce good, but as a whole we're currently better

Lance was the better back when he was healthy

tony
09-21-2021, 05:23 PM
Outside of the injury to Spencer Waege, that's exactly the type of game I like to see at this point in the year.

123Gobison
09-21-2021, 07:06 PM
I cannot get enough of QPs throwing motion. He throws the ball for 60-70 yards effortlessly. Looks like he threw a javelin, a high rainbow. I just wish they designed some plays to suit his natural throwing ability, not just hand the ball to the RB 9 times out of 10 every game.

Twincitybizon
09-21-2021, 07:12 PM
Lance was the better back when he was healthy

I do not agree with that

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 07:36 PM
Great point. The run all time posters here that think you can always make that happen are badly mistaken. Not only am I concerned how good our current backs are at running thru tackles, not fumbling the ball, etc., but also how good are our QBs under pressure at making good decisons and completing a critical pass for a 1st down or touchdown. Not much experience in those areas from these first 3 games. 5 to 15 passes a game is a joke, I don't care what level of football you play. How about 4 or 5 seven yard passes to our TEs anytime during a game? We have NFL caliber TEs and rarely use them. TR and ME are the least imaginative coaches at NDSU in a long time! Our Defense also has not really been tested. Just wait for panic to set in when we get behind to the bunnies or UNI and don't have an answer on offense. Don't expect a 4th down run of 70 yards to save the day. The more I see of this team, the more I am convinced we don't have issues with talent, just with some of the coaches.

I can't believe I am agreeing with you... but I am!

EC8CH
09-21-2021, 09:24 PM
I cannot get enough of QPs throwing motion. He throws the ball for 60-70 yards effortlessly. Looks like he threw a javelin, a high rainbow. I just wish they designed some plays to suit his natural throwing ability, not just hand the ball to the RB 9 times out of 10 every game.

I actually kinda agree with you. I think his footwork looks pretty rough compared to NDSU previous NFL drafted QBs while they were here, but you're right it looks like it requires little effort from him to sling it 50+ yards downfield.

ZHerd
09-21-2021, 10:35 PM
Ideally a P5 and a couple practice games

HerdistheWord
09-21-2021, 10:38 PM
I actually kinda agree with you. I think his footwork looks pretty rough compared to NDSU previous NFL drafted QBs while they were here, but you're right it looks like it requires little effort from him to sling it 50+ yards downfield.

I would personally like to see a bit more touch on his deep throws.

BISONBRI53
09-21-2021, 10:50 PM
I would like to see our ALL-STAR receivers catch the easy passes he throws to them

EC8CH
09-21-2021, 10:58 PM
I would personally like to see a bit more touch on his deep throws.

Quick and mid range passes he looks very accurate. Deep stuff has been hit and miss but seems super easy for him to launch it downfield. Early in the season too and it frequently takes time to get in synch with the receivers on the deep balls.

At this point it's hard to say QP2 isn't living up to expectations.

cx500d
09-22-2021, 05:02 AM
We saw some of you, it was hard to tell because everyone was wearing yellow.
:D

That’s why we wore green

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan
09-22-2021, 08:32 AM
I do not agree with that

Lance Dunn was running away with the Walter Payton until he got hurt

Twincitybizon
09-22-2021, 05:27 PM
Lance Dunn was running away with the Walter Payton until he got hurt

Awards don't make one player better than another.

tony
09-23-2021, 04:44 PM
Awards don't make one player better than another.

Together, they made one awesome feature back. They weren't always healthy at the same time, but whoever was able to play did the job.

Edit: My favorite Anderson+Dunn was the 300+ rushing yards they put up on EWU.

123Gobison
09-24-2021, 03:54 PM

After firing OC Brent Vigen, Craig Bohl's Wyoming Cowboys are putting up Basketball numbers, scoring 40-50 points every game. Generally the trend would have been 10-20 points each game , defense working overtime, lot of injuries and 2 loses out of 3 games. Looks like we could learn something from this here.

HandoEX
09-24-2021, 03:56 PM
After firing OC Brent Vigen, Craig Bohl's Wyoming Cowboys are putting up Basketball numbers, scoring 40-50 points every game. Generally the trend would have been 10-20 points each game , defense working overtime, lot of injuries and 2 loses out of 3 games. Looks like we could learn something from this here.

Vigen wasn’t fired.

It also helps that the Cowboys have played Montana State, N Illinois, and Ball State so far. Terrible defensive teams and not comparable to their previous OOC opponents. Wyoming hasn’t had an out of conference schedule this bad in a long time.

TransAmBison
09-24-2021, 04:01 PM
Vigen wasn’t fired.

It also helps that the Cowboys have played Montana State, Illinois State, and Ball State so far. Terrible defensive teams and not comparable to their previous OOC opponents. Wyoming hasn’t had an out of conference schedule this bad in a long time.

Hahahaha...that was some Lakes-worthy spin you addressed right there.

BisonHorns
09-25-2021, 03:13 AM
Towson coach talks about last weeks game on his coaches show.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1441188792707080196

BisonNeil
09-25-2021, 01:21 PM
Towson 23.5 pt dogs to San Diego St today!

tjbison
09-25-2021, 01:41 PM

The real machine was 2013.....that was an unreal team

WYOBISONMAN
09-25-2021, 01:43 PM
Vigen wasn’t fired.

It also helps that the Cowboys have played Montana State, N Illinois, and Ball State so far. Terrible defensive teams and not comparable to their previous OOC opponents. Wyoming hasn’t had an out of conference schedule this bad in a long time.

No, but he should have been. It got so he was not liked here in Wyoming. Terrible play calling.

tony
09-25-2021, 02:49 PM
Towson 23.5 pt dogs to San Diego St today!

Go Tigers!

JMB
09-25-2021, 11:41 PM

At the 2:00 mark he says he would put money on NDSU over San Diego St

JMB
09-26-2021, 09:28 PM
I was reading the Towson/SDSU game summary... they estimated 2000 fans there yesterday.... Yikes!!

BisonHorns
09-26-2021, 11:46 PM
I found this in an article. Still pathetic.

The teams played before 7,619 fans at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, SDSU’s temporary home.

JMB
09-27-2021, 05:35 PM
I found this in an article. Still pathetic.

The teams played before 7,619 fans at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, SDSU’s temporary home.

My original source...

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/aztecs/story/2021-09-25/san-diego-state-aztecs-sdsu-football-vs-towson-lucas-johnson-greg-bell

SDSU displayed its depth at running back, its penchant for big plays on special teams and opportunistic defense in a 48-21 victory over Towson before an estimated crowd of 2,000 (announced attendance was 7,619) at Dignity Health Sports Park.

roadwarrior
09-27-2021, 07:04 PM
I received a phone call this morning from the Towson ticket office. The guy asked if I had a good experience at the game. After I responded that I was a Bison fan, he dropped the idea of selling me tickets for additional games and asked if I thought Trey should have played the entire second half last night.

GreenfieldBison
09-27-2021, 07:07 PM
I received a phone call this morning from the Towson ticket office. The guy asked if I had a good experience at the game. After I responded that I was a Bison fan, he dropped the idea of selling me tickets for additional games and asked if I thought Trey should have played the entire second half last night.

and?

17>1
09-27-2021, 07:31 PM

Hey, I was at the game too but I didn't get a phone call. But I'm also not the guy that has been to 490+ Bison games in a row. Guess I can see why they didn't call me, lol

Edit: Never mind, they just tried calling.

tcbison
09-30-2021, 08:17 PM
Any idea if a replay of the game will be available on YouTube? The only highlights I can find are 90 seconds posted by the CAA’s account. It shows: Towson’s long kick return, the INT, two sacks and Townson’s garbage time TD. Lol quite the highlight reel.

Here is a replay with NDSU's radio announcers! This should be done more often!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrNZOEixATk

gumby013
09-30-2021, 08:36 PM
I attended a game at Towson back in 2013. (vs Delaware State) I still get calls and emails about season tickets and donations.

Gully
09-30-2021, 10:10 PM

Well shoot, now I have to watch the game again!

OrygunBison
10-01-2021, 01:33 AM

I actually haven't listened to Jeff and Phil on the radio in a long time. Phil's pretty damn funny. He plays a lot of "voice English" during plays, groaning and whispering as he's watching.

Bison 4 Life
10-01-2021, 01:24 PM
I actually haven't listened to Jeff and Phil on the radio in a long time. Phil's pretty damn funny. He plays a lot of "voice English" during plays, groaning and whispering as he's watching.

Funny I wanted to watch it back as that grumpy Towson guy whined through the whole thing.