PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see happen?

23Bison
09-15-2021, 10:56 PM
Let’s cut the shit. What do you guys want?
Obviously I’m all for FBS. What say you?!!!

BisonHorns
09-16-2021, 12:09 AM
Damned if you do and damned if don't vibe with this transition.

KSBisonFan
09-16-2021, 12:53 AM
I don't see an option to vote for moving down to DII. Or moving up to the NFL, for that matter.

23Bison
09-16-2021, 01:18 AM
That’s why I said posted: “let’s cut the shit”

Wally
09-16-2021, 01:35 AM
CFL or bust

El_Chapo
09-16-2021, 02:16 AM
I've done this on ndsu Facebook page

287 Move up
38 Stay

it's obvious the majority of the fanbase wants it

NDSU92
09-16-2021, 02:57 AM
Damned if you do and damned if don't vibe with this transition.

Same, except my vibes are about everyone else. Rest of FCS is screwed if we stay, FBS is screwed if we go. We are a powerhouse and NDSU will be fine either way.

ndsubison1
09-16-2021, 01:08 PM
There have been a few big donors pulling back because they want FBS.

tjbison
09-16-2021, 01:10 PM

:nod::nod::nod:

MankatoBison
09-16-2021, 01:17 PM
WELP, looks like over 70% of Bison fans arent actually real fans , and secretly want the program to fail. Sorry Guys, I dont make up the rules. Folks like 56 do that, and they have spoken. If you believe that there is something of benefit to be gained by going FBS it means youre a bad person, not a true fan, and hate championships.

tjamz
09-16-2021, 01:19 PM
There has never been a better time to move up than now. Ideally an AAC invite or MWC, but even MAC might make sense in some ways (use it as a springboard to an even better conference) though I personally would prefer to not go to the MAC. I think Sunbelt and CUSA are just too far away geographically to make sense, but I'd still prefer them over MAC.

I get the feeling that if we get an invite anywhere it will be football only and we'll be stuck in the Summit for the rest of our sports just like now.

tjbison
09-16-2021, 01:20 PM
I get the feeling that if we get an invite anywhere it will be football only and we'll be stuck in the Summit for the rest of our sports just like now.

I'm totally fine with this for the interim

Gully
09-16-2021, 01:24 PM
I'm totally fine with this for the interim

I would not only be fine with this, I think it's a great scenario. The Summit is a great league for everything but football and gives us a realistic shot at the big dance most years.

I feel like tjamz does on the conferences for FOOTBALL. Here would be my order of preference. Sunbelt feels weird at first but Appy, Georgia Southern would be fun and everyone could giggle about NDSU being in the "sun" belt.

MWC
AAC
Sunbelt
ConfUSA
MAC

tjbison
09-16-2021, 01:29 PM
I would not only be fine with this, I think it's a great scenario. The Summit is a great league for everything but football and gives us a realistic shot at the big dance most years.

I feel like tjamz does on the conferences for FOOTBALL. Here would be my order of preference. Sunbelt feels weird at first but Appy, Georgia Southern would be fun and everyone could giggle about NDSU being in the "sun" belt.

MWC
AAC
Sunbelt
ConfUSA
MAC

not only that it keeps the mouthbreathers up north and their fans in the Legislature quiet as the perception the undies are still on the same level stays, as most those 80yr olds don't really know the difference in anything

ndsubison1
09-16-2021, 01:43 PM
There has never been a better time to move up than now. Ideally an AAC invite or MWC, but even MAC might make sense in some ways (use it as a springboard to an even better conference) though I personally would prefer to not go to the MAC. I think Sunbelt and CUSA are just too far away geographically to make sense, but I'd still prefer them over MAC.

For some reasons the MAC schools dont leave. Maybe that will change now with AAC openings.

TransAmBison
09-16-2021, 01:47 PM

I get the feeling that if we get an invite anywhere it will be football only and we'll be stuck in the Summit for the rest of our sports just like now.Agreed on all accounts.

El_Chapo
09-16-2021, 02:04 PM

I bet there is !

heck I sat w Gary Tharaldson & RD Offutt & part Owner of Timberwolves in a limo outside Frisco Stadium in 2013 & got them 4 tickets...

THOSE are the type of guys NDSU would get excited & come back if NDSU was making a big splash in the FBS

hell FBS would HELP our Olympic sports & Basketball. we'd play better competition & get much better recruits

IndyBison
09-16-2021, 02:22 PM
For some reasons the MAC schools dont leave. Maybe that will change now with AAC openings.Because they are all similar schools in close proximity to each other that don't fit in the Power 5 model. They don't gain much by moving to a different G5 conference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

HandoEX
09-16-2021, 02:30 PM
I bet there is !

heck I sat w Gary Tharaldson & RD Offutt & part Owner of Timberwolves in a limo outside Frisco Stadium in 2013 & got them 4 tickets...

THOSE are the type of guys NDSU would get excited & come back if NDSU was making a big splash in the FBS

hell FBS would HELP our Olympic sports & Basketball. we'd play better competition & get much better recruits

No one believes stories like this. Literally no one.

23Bison
09-16-2021, 03:18 PM

Same for me. I’d do MAC just to get in for a while. AAC would be great but almost no chance. MWC would be awesome but very doubtful. I’d be fine with the Sun Belt and CUSA but like AAC they are too far away. A football only member would be the smart move I suppose. I really thing we could go for all in the MAC and maybe MWC. That’s a big maybe.

tjbison
09-16-2021, 03:32 PM
I bet there is !

oh bullshit, a Billionaire does not need to scalp tickets in front of a soccer stadium, unreal the shit you write

Kevin
09-16-2021, 03:32 PM

no bro i was there. briefly.

lakes kept taking his shirt off and yelling that we had to "pump it up".

i left after he took out the baby oil.

Bison03
09-16-2021, 03:49 PM
I want NDSU to go FBS. I’m sure the powers that be in the SHAC want that ad well. The problem is its not as simple as wanting to. Nothing can be done without a conference invite. Going independent cant and will never happen. It would kill the program. Unless you like all road games and the occasional fcs home game. Without an invite FBS wont happen. I hope that invite comes. I am sure the administration is doing all they can to prepare

tjbison
09-16-2021, 04:03 PM
I want NDSU to go FBS. I’m sure the powers that be in the SHAC want that ad well. The problem is its not as simple as wanting to. Nothing can be done without a conference invite. Going independent cant and will never happen. It would kill the program. Unless you like all road games and the occasional fcs home game. Without an invite FBS wont happen. I hope that invite comes. I am sure the administration is doing all they can to prepare

everyone understands this, biggest issue is the Admin if they really really wanted should make it public they are interested. Now before you go all HOW DO WE KNOW THEY HAVENT INTERNALLY...the reason you make it public is to stir up the donor base and feel out what money is out there.

MankatoBison
09-16-2021, 06:07 PM
everyone understands this, biggest issue is the Admin if they really really wanted should make it public they are interested. Now before you go all HOW DO WE KNOW THEY HAVENT INTERNALLY...the reason you make it public is to stir up the donor base and feel out what money is out there.

This is true. At my extremely small, and fiscally conservative Alma Mater, theyre building an indoor facility- not at all unlike the new IPF. They DO NOT have 30$M laying around. They purposefully started floating the idea of starting a football team and leaked pictures of the facility to generate interest, and WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT??? It WORKED. Its so strange, they told people that it was their intention to build ______ and that they would need ______$ before it was even considered, and then people started calling THEM to donate money. They just announced that their funding goal was reached after only being in the "public" fundraising phase for less than 12 months.

What they thought was outlandish 24 months ago from a fundraising perspective, was accomplished in literally 8 months of going public with their intentions.

Now to be completely fair, it is POSSIBLE they are being aggressive behind the scenes. But I highly doubt that. Practically every school in the nation has either publicly declared their intentions, or have done so behind close doors- and all of those "behind closed doors" rumors/rumblings have been leaked to the Athletic, ESPN etc.

We havent heard a f*cking peep regarding NDSU, publicly, or in the way of leaks either.

I used to believe that our ADept had a plan back with GT, and now I am certain the reason there is silence on this issue is that they're ignorant, incompetent, unambitious, uninteresting and pathetic yes-men who would gleefully live a safe, boring life without risk than live a life where you push your self to be better every single day and risk getting calloused hands. theyre a bunch of 9-5 employees who would never consider being a business owner because its just too hard and might get hurt feelings if things get tough.

Theyre the athletic version of a career politician- Wear the right color shirts, kiss babies, and then never do anything of meaning or consequence or value so you can continue to win elections every 2 years, keep your cushy job and pat yourself on the back while the true needs of your constituents are being ignored completely. Absolutely pathetic

JMB
09-16-2021, 06:10 PM
Maybe we need an "FBS Talk" board similar to the political board, just so we can isolate the never ending FBS circle jerk talk....

BattleBorn
09-16-2021, 06:20 PM
This is true. At my extremely small, and fiscally conservative Alma Mater, theyre building an indoor facility- not at all unlike the new IPF. They DO NOT have 30$M laying around. They purposefully started floating the idea of starting a football team and leaked pictures of the facility to generate interest, and WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT??? It WORKED. Its so strange, they told people that it was their intention to build ______ and that they would need ______$ before it was even considered, and then people started calling THEM to donate money. They just announced that their funding goal was reached after only being in the "public" fundraising phase for less than 12 months.

What they thought was outlandish 24 months ago from a fundraising perspective, was accomplished in literally 8 months of going public with their intentions.

Now to be completely fair, it is POSSIBLE they are being aggressive behind the scenes. But I highly doubt that. Practically every school in the nation has either publicly declared their intentions, or have done so behind close doors- and all of those "behind closed doors" rumors/rumblings have been leaked to the Athletic, ESPN etc.

We havent heard a f*cking peep regarding NDSU, publicly, or in the way of leaks either.

I used to believe that our ADept had a plan back with GT, and now I am certain the reason there is silence on this issue is that they're ignorant, incompetent, unambitious, uninteresting and pathetic yes-men who would gleefully live a safe, boring life without risk than live a life where you push your self to be better every single day and risk getting calloused hands. theyre a bunch of 9-5 employees who would never consider being a business owner because its just too hard and might get hurt feelings if things get tough.

Theyre the athletic version of a career politician- Wear the right color shirts, kiss babies, and then never do anything of meaning or consequence or value so you can continue to win elections every 2 years, keep your cushy job and pat yourself on the back while the true needs of your constituents are being ignored completely. Absolutely pathetic

McFooley, love him or hate him, has had quite a bit to say in favor of NDSU moving up in the past few months. He'd be the perfect deep throat.

oldmantutters
09-16-2021, 06:33 PM
McFooley, love him or hate him, has had quite a bit to say in favor of NDSU moving up in the past few months. He'd be the perfect deep throat.It's not that deep, don't ask me how I know.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SafeTeeJ
09-16-2021, 11:04 PM
Bring back the veer and 5-2 Oakie defense.

Kevin
09-17-2021, 02:45 PM
MWC loses 4 teams. Both Montana's, NDSU and little brother to MWC.

That's my prediction.

I intend to will it into being through Masonic meme magic.

El_Chapo
09-17-2021, 03:02 PM

Doh'K hando it happened and it was real and spectacular NDSU FOOTBALL was at it's HEIGHT then. Those guys probably haven't watched a game in last 2 years, we lost all momentum. Harold Hamm had a suite at the game too!

El_Chapo
09-17-2021, 03:02 PM
oh bullshit, a Billionaire does not need to scalp tickets in front of a soccer stadium, unreal the shit you write

they didn't scalp them, 1 of the them ASKED me to get 4 tickets for them. no where does it say SCALP

Thomas96
09-17-2021, 03:33 PM
What would I like to see happen….for el chapo to lose his internet and cell connection indefinitely.

Kevin
09-17-2021, 03:36 PM
Doh'K hando it happened and it was real and spectacular NDSU FOOTBALL was at it's HEIGHT then. Those guys probably haven't watched a game in last 2 years, we lost all momentum. Harold Hamm had a suite at the game too!

Pump it up!!!!!!

tony
09-17-2021, 03:40 PM
Staying idle shouldn't be an option. You can do plenty while still in the FCS waiting for the right conference.

EC8CH
09-17-2021, 04:11 PM
MWC loses 4 teams. Both Montana's, NDSU and little brother to MWC.

That's my prediction.

I intend to will it into being through Masonic meme magic.

That would immediate improve the quality of that conference.

Aside from the women's basketball college, all three other schools actually care about football.

Kevin
09-17-2021, 04:22 PM
That would immediate improve the quality of that conference.

Aside from the women's basketball college, all three other schools actually care about football.

Also, we'd win a MWC championship within 3 years.

I saw it in the flames while sacrificing a goat to make this happen.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-17-2021, 04:36 PM
Does any MWC team want to go to the watered down AAC? The media contracts will probably be much lower now with their top 3 teams gone? Then consider increased travel costs and does the AAC make anymore sense? I think the AAC is washed up and should probably just add sunbelt or conference USA teams.

TAILG8R
09-17-2021, 04:50 PM

Other than himself ;)

HerdBot
09-17-2021, 04:56 PM
How about Air Force, Colorado State and Wyoming coming to the dome every other year. Sure beats Western Illinois and Indiana State. How about the Mountain West Championship game in Texas? How about a Bowl Game in the Rams stadium vs a Pac 12 team? How about actual road FBS games with payouts. How about a home and home with Appalachian State?

How about a road trip to Hawaii or Vegas to play in the Raiders stadium?

This is what they like to call a no fucking brainer

23Bison
09-17-2021, 05:13 PM
It would be pretty cool to have those options!

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-17-2021, 09:02 PM
How about Air Force, Colorado State and Wyoming coming to the dome every other year. Sure beats Western Illinois and Indiana State. How about the Mountain West Championship game in Texas? How about a Bowl Game in the Rams stadium vs a Pac 12 team? How about actual road FBS games with payouts. How about a home and home with Appalachian State?

How about a road trip to Hawaii or Vegas to play in the Raiders stadium?

This is what they like to call a no fucking brainer
Yeah I don’t think NDSU will turn that down , but the question is whether NDSU will get an invite. That’s literally the only thing we are waiting on.

ByeSonBusiness
09-17-2021, 09:45 PM
Bring back the veer and 5-2 Oakie defense.

You shut your whore mouth about the veer!

Lol we ran it in high school. We weren't very good. I have a feeling that wasn't because we ran the veer though.

5-2 is lame. 4-4 in high school was a blast.

reformedUNDfan
09-17-2021, 10:03 PM
WELP, looks like over 70% of Bison fans arent actually real fans , and secretly want the program to fail. Sorry Guys, I dont make up the rules. Folks like 56 do that, and they have spoken. If you believe that there is something of benefit to be gained by going FBS it means youre a bad person, not a true fan, and hate championships.

I'm definitely an outlier on this and rightfully so, but I think NDSU could win the big one. It will be tough, but 2019 was a handful of players, specifically a draft caliber DT and a true #1 corner, from being good enough to have a punchers chance in a playoff. It's time to take the swing.

reformedUNDfan
09-17-2021, 10:11 PM

The AD and President should publicly talking about this now. If NDSU wants an invite, something that is very much in range right now, NDSU needs to be on the radar. Read the Athletic and whoever, even local press, and NDSU isn't even being included in the conversation, but Coastal Carolina somehow is. One press release and the conversation changes

BisonHorns
09-17-2021, 10:14 PM
If NDSU is FBS caliber then I must already be watching FBS football.

ByeSonBusiness
09-17-2021, 10:26 PM
I'm definitely an outlier on this and rightfully so, but I think NDSU could win the big one. It will be tough, but 2019 was a handful of players, specifically a draft caliber DT and a true #1 corner, from being good enough to have a punchers chance in a playoff. It's time to take the swing.

Ndsu can't and never will win a natty at the FBS level. We don't and can't recruit at the level needed. A New Years Bowl? Could be doable.

And it would be awesome

Bison Chief
09-18-2021, 02:28 AM
Must spread rep

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Herd
09-18-2021, 02:30 PM
If I have to watch Coastal Carolina get off the bus on Gameday 1 more damn time, we better getting moving up. Disgusting!

tjbison
09-18-2021, 05:13 PM
Ndsu can't and never will win a natty at the FBS level. We don't and can't recruit at the level needed. A New Years Bowl? Could be doable.

And it would be awesome

Playing literally anyone but Valpo, Albany, WIU, ISU, Misery St..would be awesome.

But you are correct, NC trophies gone but our case is full from DII and FCS, nothing left to prove

BISONBRI53
09-20-2021, 03:31 PM
I hope our first bowl game is the Frisco Bowl... Then Frisco will be cool again cuz its FBS...

tjbison
09-20-2021, 03:53 PM
I hope our first bowl game is the Frisco Bowl... Then Frisco will be cool again cuz its FBS...

it would be, no Jacksonville st, SHSU, EWU, TOWSON

Hammerhead
09-20-2021, 05:38 PM
it would be, no Jacksonville st, SHSU, EWU, TOWSON

Are these participants in the Frisco Bowl much of a step up?

Date Winning Team Losing Team Attendance Notes
December 20, 2017 Louisiana Tech 51 SMU 10 14,419 notes
December 19, 2018 Ohio 27 San Diego State 0 11,029 notes
December 20, 2019 Kent State 51 Utah State 41 12,120 notes

NDSU92
09-20-2021, 05:53 PM

Yes, they are all steps up. Even if they weren't, worst case scenario we're back in the same stadium, same city (still 2 miles from my house!), playing a team just as good as the pride of the Big Sky, Southland or CAA in a given year.

EC8CH
09-20-2021, 06:42 PM
Yes, they are all steps up. Even if they weren't, worst case scenario we're back in the same stadium, same city (still 2 miles from my house!), playing a team just as good as the pride of the Big Sky, Southland or CAA in a given year.

Lack of a true national championship tournament would be a bummer.

CaBisonFan
09-20-2021, 06:44 PM
Lack of a true national championship tournament would be a bummer.Maybe we'll get into a conference like the Mountain West and the NCAA will start a playoff system for schools like that. Wishful thinking I know.

EC8CH
09-20-2021, 06:46 PM
Maybe we'll get into a conference like the Mountain West and the NCAA will start a playoff system for schools like that. Wishful thinking I know.

That's the perfect world.

tjbison
09-20-2021, 08:42 PM

Yep, 85 min vs 63 or less schollies, is a step up.

Just cause a team wins 1 off games in the early season doesnt mean you win them all season long.

tony
09-20-2021, 10:47 PM
What I'd really like to see is the NCAA take football back. Don't want to be under NCAA authority for football? Fine, get out of the NCAA altogether.

Once the SEC is gone, put the focus on cost containment and student-athlete welfare - and then have a real postseason. The SEC is a cancer on college athletics.

I would have no hope for this happening except for the Big Ten - PAC 12 - ACC alliance. They're finally starting to wake up.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-20-2021, 11:32 PM
What I'd really like to see is the NCAA take football back. Don't want to be under NCAA authority for football? Fine, get out of the NCAA altogether.

Once the SEC is gone, put the focus on cost containment and student-athlete welfare - and then have a real postseason. The SEC is a cancer on college athletics.

I would have no hope for this happening except for the Big Ten - PAC 12 - ACC alliance. They're finally starting to wake up.

Talk about chasing windmills …

In what universe is this even on the table? The NCAA committee itself hired the Knight commission to help it axe FBS football

Sorry Tony, but suggesting things that are entirely outside the realm of possibility just confuses the issue

The NCAA could have stepped in long ago and done exactly what you say, but they didn’t care enough to do so apparently, and now it's too late

El_Chapo
09-20-2021, 11:36 PM
so 70-7. seems about right. 90 out of 100 I talk to easily want NDSU to be FBS

tony
09-21-2021, 12:47 AM
Talk about chasing windmills …

In what universe is this even on the table? The NCAA committee itself hired the Knight commission to help it axe FBS football

Sorry Tony, but suggesting things that are entirely outside the realm of possibility just confuses the issue

The NCAA could have stepped in long ago and done exactly what you say, but they didn’t care enough to do so apparently, and now it's too late

Well, it is still what I'd like to see - even if it has almost no chance of happening.

Hell, one of the options in the poll is "Stay idle and do nothing." That is not an option anybody should want even if NDSU doesn't choose to go FBS. You can do a heckuva lot without going FBS right away.

23Bison
09-21-2021, 02:03 AM
Well, it is still what I'd like to see - even if it has almost no chance of happening.

Hell, one of the options in the poll is "Stay idle and do nothing." That is not an option anybody should want even if NDSU doesn't choose to go FBS. You can do a heckuva lot without going FBS right away.

There is no option of “Stay idle and do nothing”!! It’s “Stay in the FCS indefinitely” or “Stay idle and wait it out for now”. Both are very reasonable options.

El_Chapo
12-06-2023, 03:37 PM
3 years. ago 70% of us wanted to move FBS.

(and i had to find another post of hando lying about me)

JMB
12-06-2023, 10:43 PM
Yay, another FBS thread pushed to the top...