PDA

View Full Version : Fix the Coaches Show

THEsocalledfan
09-06-2021, 08:49 PM
I ranted in another thread, so I'll spare you, but it is kind of a joke right now.

wagsabison
09-06-2021, 09:42 PM
I ranted in another thread, so I'll spare you, but it is kind of a joke right now.

Definitely wasn’t good from what I saw/heard. Bad audio and poor video quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
09-06-2021, 09:45 PM
I just watched this and it reminded me of watching the Coach's Show in Reed Hall on a shitty TV when Rocky was the coach.

Wally
09-06-2021, 09:54 PM
I made it about 30 seconds......brutal. On par with a Western Illinois student production

El_Chapo
09-06-2021, 09:54 PM
wday was a major major mistake for ndsu

MankatoBison
09-07-2021, 02:40 PM
wday was a major major mistake for ndsu

lol lets wait more than ONE WEEK before we declare that the entire decade of their coverage is going to suck. We are literally about 0.3% of the way through their contract lol

EC8CH
09-07-2021, 02:53 PM
lol lets wait more than ONE WEEK before we declare that the entire decade of their coverage is going to suck. We are literally about 0.3% of the way through their contract lol

Bro. It's Chapo. His posts aren't serious. He has an axe to grind.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-07-2021, 03:02 PM
Hey Mike
Bison Glory days aren’t over
Sorry to disappoint you
Pick a different title

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7180123-BISON-GLORY-DAYS-podcast-Kyle-Steffes-recalls-NDSUs-first-Division-I-game-against-Valparaiso

My only complaint is that there is clearly something wrong with their digital feed, and no, the problem is not on my end. I streamed several games and the only one that had crap resolution was the Bison game. Maybe they had to sell all their nice cameras to afford the contract? I jest …

I thought Dom was fine and I really liked the color guy

I guess I could have put this in the other thread

Kevin
09-07-2021, 03:46 PM
Bro. It's Chapo. His posts aren't serious. He has an axe to grind.

Actually bro according to the courts lakes isn’t allowed to own axes or any bladed weapon.

HerdBot
09-07-2021, 04:02 PM
The audio is so bad, it sounded like they were talking in an empty hallway.

The video you could see the lights reflect

I compared it to the show on KVLY in the same location and the were vastly superior. It's like we got NAIA quality production. Can we at least upgrade to D2 or 3?

roadwarrior
09-07-2021, 05:26 PM
It was throwback week. They used equipment from 1965.

coloradobison
09-07-2021, 06:25 PM
It was throwback week. They used equipment from 1965.

this made me laugh

djohnk
09-07-2021, 06:48 PM

I agree! My only complaint was waiting for the feed to come up on ESPN+. That was common before, not sure who to blame there.

I thought the camera work on the game already has improved over last year (for example not as much interviewing when the game already started). Commentary was different but acceptable, I'm sure they will improve.

Coaches show I had no complaints.

GreenfieldBison
09-07-2021, 06:54 PM
Hey Mike
Bison Glory days aren’t over
Sorry to disappoint you
Pick a different title

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7180123-BISON-GLORY-DAYS-podcast-Kyle-Steffes-recalls-NDSUs-first-Division-I-game-against-Valparaiso

My only complaint is that there is clearly something wrong with their digital feed, and no, the problem is not on my end. I streamed several games and the only one that had crap resolution was the Bison game. Maybe they had to sell all their nice cameras to afford the contract? I jest …

I thought Dom was fine and I really liked the color guy

I guess I could have put this in the other thread

I have a very different experience with my stream last Saturday. The video resolution and quality was great. The audio was just fine as well. Some people complained of heavy breathing but I did not hear any of that.

The only gripe I have is the failure to start the feed on time. That was pretty gross negligence on somebody’s part.

I stream on ESPN+, quasi live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2021, 07:32 PM
I have a very different experience with my stream last Saturday. The video resolution and quality was great. The audio was just fine as well. Some people complained of heavy breathing but I did not hear any of that.

The only gripe I have is the failure to start the feed on time. That was pretty gross negligence on somebody’s part.

Issue is the coaches show, not the football game stream.

StL Bison Fan
09-07-2021, 08:38 PM

I wasn’t impressed. There were some sound glitches. The format is fine.
But what drove me crazy (a short drive I know) was that background. Too too busy. It was like a where’s Waldo page.

GreenfieldBison
09-07-2021, 11:01 PM

Ah, my bad.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-07-2021, 11:40 PM

I tried to do this, but as everyone knows, there was no ESPN+ stream. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and blame my cable box

Yes, the coaches show had bad audio and was also very pixelated

SamsRams
09-08-2021, 04:33 PM
Definitely wasn’t good from what I saw/heard. Bad audio and poor video quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all the Rob Port got a DUI apologists, it was ESPN’s fault

Twincitybizon
09-08-2021, 05:16 PM
I think it's been mentioned elsewhere but the camera angle aka crotchshot was...... Unnecessary. Audio is terrible in that space +glares= good initiative bad judgement. Go to the studio please. Let coach talk over replays not the in game. Fixed

KSBisonFan
09-29-2021, 12:16 AM
This week's coaches show is the best they've done. No softball questions, no coachspeak, no crappy lighting and no tin can sound. I really don't care if Entz is on the show. Dom, Jeff and Kyle did a nice job.

Rock
09-29-2021, 01:12 AM
This week's coaches show is the best they've done. No softball questions, no coachspeak, no crappy lighting and no tin can sound. I really don't care if Entz is on the show. Dom, Jeff and Kyle did a nice job.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/7172930-Bison-Coaches-Show-with-Matt-Entz-talks-quarterbacks-major-storylines-heading-into-new-season

bison22
09-29-2021, 01:28 AM
Except they spelled Kyle Emanuel "Kyle Emanual" thought that was a bit funny

bison22
09-29-2021, 01:48 AM
Great show this week though

MankatoBison
09-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Vastly improved show, good work, and greeeeat improvement. Thanks to all who were involved

Bisonbythelake
10-08-2021, 03:55 PM
New format since JJ left is hot garbage need to go back to the studio.

1 the trophy room lighting is horrific and the one camera shot is what HS broadcasting student directors do
2 the camera is often at crotch level is the csmeraman 4’1? Pan up please
3 because it’s one shot you can see Entz watching the feed he is probably bored and this shows when he does this
4 away games are even worse it has to be shot with these one camera wide shots and Entz can’t see or doesn’t watch the highlights you can tell he’s going off memory and the stat sheet, when will some rowdy away fans shut down the show?
5 it is shot the same day as the game which Entz has media training he’s not going to do hot takes instead he treats it like an extended sideline interview
6 Entz wears a suit well for a big man these post game interviews with bad lighting make him look sweaty like they caught him running to catch a connector in Ohare. That’s fine for a five minute gameday sideline interview it’s not for the coaches show.

Go back to the studio the day after, Entz can watch the highlights and provide better commentary it will also allow better lighting and better camera angles, Craig and Chris could do it why can’t Entz?

Bisonbythelake
10-12-2021, 02:49 PM
Nice echo on the mics this week who is producing this thing Logan? WDAY and the athletic department consider this a professional show that markets the program? Just go back to the studio.

tony
10-12-2021, 02:56 PM
Needs one, maybe two, ferns.

Bisonbythelake
10-12-2021, 03:03 PM
Needs one, maybe two, ferns.

Plastic ones, I don’t trust WDAY to water them so by the SDSU game we have Culhane sitting next to a dead plant

HerdBot
10-12-2021, 03:58 PM
Nice echo on the mics this week who is producing this thing Logan? WDAY and the athletic department consider this a professional show that markets the program? Just go back to the studio.

I like it much better on the field. They fixed the echo after a few minutes. Annoying but fixable.

SDbison
10-12-2021, 05:14 PM
I used to enjoy watching the coaches show and listening to 1660 at noon. The content in these shows is too much packaged homer shit anymore. No tough questions, no transparency, just a bunch of crap. I want to hear why is it your and Roehls offensive game plan sucks and what you are doing to change it. Why can't QP throw a short pass? Why don't you use your TEs more? Why do you still insist on running the little RBs up the gut? How come the Bison play such a boring and non aggressive defense when you get a lead? Same goes for the offense. Because the real questions don't get asked or answered I don't watch or listen to these shows anymore.

bison22
10-12-2021, 05:33 PM
I used to enjoy watching the coaches show and listening to 1660 at noon. The content in these shows is too much packaged homer shit anymore. No tough questions, no transparency, just a bunch of crap. I want to hear why is it your and Roehls offensive game plan sucks and what you are doing to change it. Why can't QP throw a short pass? Why don't you use your TEs more? Why do you still insist on running the little RBs up the gut? How come the Bison play such a boring and non aggressive defense when you get a lead? Same goes for the offense. Because the real questions don't get asked or answered I don't watch or listen to these shows anymore.

I agree. I was going to ask question last night about why they called a timeout with 27 seconds left until half before they kicked fg. But I know they will either dance around it or not ask it.

Everything and every answer is the exact same so really no sense tuning in.

Hammerhead
10-12-2021, 05:47 PM
This also happened with KVLY -- much of the same stuff in the pregame show is in the coach's show. FWIW, I like WDAY's pregame (even though it's hours before kickoff) better than the coach's show.

BisManBison
10-18-2021, 11:24 PM
Nice touch to this week’s show with a squadron of blowers running in the background. :sigpalm::sigpalm::sigpalm: