PDA

View Full Version : Albany Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Kevin
09-04-2021, 10:46 PM
1) So good to have "normal" football back. We went 40 pages in the GDT without one mention of jabs or jobs. Congrats team.
2) QP is solid. I don't know if he's the long term answer. Passes between the hashes looked good. Sideline throws were questionable. Might need to tweak to accommodate that? Good news if we do, it means more TE action. Running looked ok, but not as advertised. I was promised Derrick Henry. I expect Derrick Henry. Definitely should remain the starter.
3) TR needs to improve. That first drive was fucking pathetic. Calls got a bit better but created their own predictable loop by the end.
4) Defense was solid. Take away that busted slant for a TD (which was *not* a fucking TD for the record) and we pwn'd them thoroughly. Line was awesome, backs were better.
5) I don't think anyone will let us return a punt ever again. Wow.
6) Our punter is a stud.
7) Please no UFC spoilers I had to record it and I have massive money spread out across the card.
8) SDSU better be scared I watched their game and we were way more impressive.
9) Cole Payton should get to play in garbage time in the coming weeks.
10) Ten character rule needs to go Tony.

Kevin
09-04-2021, 10:47 PM
Also, haters gonna hate because it wasn't perfect but WDAY is a HUGE upgrade from KVLY.

Kevin
09-04-2021, 10:49 PM
Also need to add Gonnella, runs hard. Kobe had a few great touches as well. Special shout out to Watson for his block to seal the start-of-the-third long TD run.

Running back by committee will be solid again but I hope Dom gets the majority of them. Split the majority of the remainder between Luepke and Kobe.

WeAreThePride
A win is a win. Definitely some rust to get knocked off, but I think we got a shot this year.

FULLY agree on the production quality. Is this what we have going forward? If so, excellent.

BiZon22
I thought Quincy played well. I also expected more out of the run game from him but I’ll give him the benefit of it being game 1. He threw the ball great I thought. Defense was great, that “TD” was BS. I’m very luke warm after that game. I think we started to get things going at the end though so I’m a bit more on the optimist side of things

NDSUstudent
09-04-2021, 10:51 PM
Quincy was better than anything from the spring, work to do but really only a few bad mistakes. Offense as a whole has a ways to go, defense as usual was great.

El_Chapo
09-04-2021, 10:51 PM
why not play Cole Payton next game, hell start him. let's see what he looks like it's fucking VALPO...

QP can stay the starter, but let's see.

(I know they won't..but it's valpo)

oh QP wasn't fast by the way. Stick, Lance much faster

DCinOK
09-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Logan Campbell was nice to look at. 4,000 blue seats were not nice to look at. QP was impressive. Our penalties were stupid...please stop blocking in the back on returns...D-line monsters in 2nd half. Watson should have caught that pass.

NDSUstudent
09-04-2021, 10:56 PM
why not play Cole Payton next game, hell start him. let's see what he looks like it's fucking VALPO...

QP and his receivers need game reps chalupa, even if it is Valpo.

Bison4peat
09-04-2021, 10:56 PM
We will be in every game except SDSU. Hope I'm wrong.

Kevin
09-04-2021, 10:58 PM
Vigen won his Bohl game.

ZHerd
09-04-2021, 10:59 PM
QP had a nice first outing. Interestingly he was a more accurate passer than I expected and worse runner. This game was too close for much the game to a not very good team. Our offense has tons of talent but isn’t generating points like it use to. Great game by the D. Line maybe needs to get more pressure early otherwise nice job. My biggest question marks are offense. I’m not sure we would score twice on the rabbits or uni.

NDSUstudent
09-04-2021, 11:00 PM
Our offense has no imagination, no flow, no nothing and that is on Roehl. It has been a mess for too long and now he has to own it.

oldmantutters
09-04-2021, 11:02 PM
Defensively, we've improved a lot. That could've/should've been a a shutout. Much improved over the spring season. Loved the take aways that were sorely missing.

Offensively, the playcalling left a lot to be desired. TBH, there is some optimism there. The knock on QPII was accuracy and I don't think was an issue today. O-Line has always been a strength and in turn is held to a higher standard, and in the spring season and today they haven't lived up to that standard.

I have to do it. Phoenix Sproles. If you are going to be out there as visible as he wants to be and sit out the spring season to be ready for this season, you gotta show me a hell of a lot more than I saw today. Watson didn't have the day that he could've but I see him out there blocking his ass off. The effort level is apparent. C'mon Phoenix!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Jim Puetz
09-04-2021, 11:08 PM
Dom and Sean Fredricks were good. I like Fredricks calling out Roehl's play calling in Q1 and saying that Kobe needs to hit the hole harder.

semobison
09-04-2021, 11:09 PM
Defense held Albany to under 30 total yards the 2nd half and 23 rushing yards for the game!
Quincy was 12-16 115 yards. His TD to Josh was a great throw. My biggest concern was his holding the ball too long, he put the ball on the turf twice.
Offense ran the ball well, over 250 yards. Penalties were a problem and stalled a couple of our drives.

VirginiaBison
09-04-2021, 11:11 PM
QP had a nice first outing. Interestingly he was a more accurate passer than I expected and worse runner.

I agree Patterson was a better than expected passer and a worse runner. On most plays went down easy, and didn't make any effort to extent runs by lowering a shoulder.
For a big guy he is not a 'running' QB... couldn't even make 2 years on a 3rd down. Only one play was he able to escape a sack. If this is the best a multi star FBS QB with former starting experience can play at the FCS level I not a believer in the "Star" rating system.

Bisonwinagn
09-04-2021, 11:11 PM
After week 1 NDSU is the 4th or 5th best team in the MVFC. The good news is they have the most upside. I will reserve further judgement until after the Towson game.
SDSU may be the best coached team in the Country right now.

scottietohottie
09-04-2021, 11:12 PM
Now watch zeb fucking light it up eh

VirginiaBison
09-04-2021, 11:17 PM

He ran like a slow truck in a crash at best, not a deer with purpose of going somewhere. Maybe too much weight.

IndyBison
09-04-2021, 11:25 PM

Watching Valpo at Indiana Wesleyan. They are losing 21-3. IWU is a good NAIA program that should be ranked this year. They play in a conference with several other ranked teams so we'll see how that goes. The crews working most of their games are from my conference, and I have a game there in 2 weeks against one of those ranked teams (Olivet Nazarene...home of Chicago Bears training camp). Our NAIA teams are as good or better than most of the Pioneer teams. Butler plays Illinois State tonight, but they'll play one of the local D3 schools (DePauw) next week and Taylor (another decent NAIA school) the week after. Bison players should get a lot of players in the game next week.

The production is a local company in Marion, but they pay for the rights to stream on ESPN3. Not bad for an NAIA program! I believe this is their third season of football and they built an impressive facility for NAIA football. Love working there.

EC8CH
09-04-2021, 11:28 PM
Seeing Cole Payton's calves in person I can confirm, they are legit.

THEsocalledfan
09-04-2021, 11:32 PM
Watching Valpo at Indiana Wesleyan. They are losing 21-3. IWU is a good NAIA program that should be ranked this year. They play in a conference with several other ranked teams so we'll see how that goes. The crews working most of their games are from my conference, and I have a game there in 2 weeks against one of those ranked teams (Olivet Nazarene...home of Chicago Bears training camp). Our NAIA teams are as good or better than most of the Pioneer teams. Butler plays Illinois State tonight, but they'll play one of the local D3 schools (DePauw) next week and Taylor (another decent NAIA school) the week after. Bison players should get a lot of players in the game next week.

The production is a local company in Marion, but they pay for the rights to stream on ESPN3. Not bad for an NAIA program! I believe this is their third season of football and they built an impressive facility for NAIA football. Love working there.

Indy, did you comment on if the tuck non fumble call was correct?

NDSU92
09-04-2021, 11:39 PM
I know everyone wants Quincy to be the fucking Terminator out there but he has said every time he’s asked that he doesn’t like running people over and he doesn’t love contact.

Bison03
09-04-2021, 11:42 PM
This was a typical winning strategy game for the Bison. Run the ball well, be accurate throwing, play good defense. Play like this all year; and we journey to north Texas again. Quincy didn’t do anything that will get him on sportscenter, but other then the fumble was solid. Went 12/16 and a couple of those were dropped. 75% is great! He will get better as the season goes on. Was a beautiful day for the return of tailgating!

EC8CH
09-04-2021, 11:45 PM
This was a typical winning strategy game for the Bison. Run the ball well, be accurate throwing, play good defense. Play like this all year; and we journey to north Texas again. Quincy didn’t do anything that will get him on sportscenter, but other then the fumble was solid. Went 12/16 and a couple of those were dropped. 75% is great! He will get better as the season goes on. Was a beautiful day for the return of tailgating!

Agree. Boringly beautiful. Penalties need to be cleaned up though. Stalled a lot of momentum.

IndyBison
Indy, did you comment on if the tuck non fumble call was correct?

Obviously my games don't have replay so I'm not sure how they want to handle it there. But his arm started forward with the ball and then he's contacted so any loss of possession will be considered a forward pass regardless of which direction the ball goes. I think the only way that's a fumble is if he lost control before the hand started forward or the contact didn't happen until after the passer was clearly tucking it.

Here is the actual rule:
When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the neutral zone any intentional forward movement of the passer's hand with the ball firmly in their control starts the forward pass unless the player clearly starts to bring the ball back with firm control to the passer's body; if a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins and the ball leaves the passer's hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

Based on my understanding of the rule and how they officiate with replay I think they got it right. Rules become much more technical and black and white when you decide to include replay. Sometimes what you see on the field in real time and what your eyes tell you is a better outcome. It's definitely a down side of replay. I sometimes join a training conference call with Dean Blandino discussing replay. Curious to see if this one comes up.

Kevin
I'll second the call to see Payton for at least a meaningful quarter next game. I really liked that when they brought Cam in they didn't just run out the clock like Bohl/Klieman used to do when backups would get to the field. Meaningful reps and evaluation have never been more important.

Remember when Trey came in and dropped a snap then picked it up and ran it for a TD? It was nice to know what was coming after Easton's record year.

THEsocalledfan
09-04-2021, 11:51 PM
Obviously my games don't have replay so I'm not sure how they want to handle it there. But his arm started forward with the ball and then he's contacted so any loss of possession will be considered a forward pass regardless of which direction the ball goes. I think the only way that's a fumble is if he lost control before the hand started forward or the contact didn't happen until after the passer was clearly tucking it.

Here is the actual rule:
When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the neutral zone any intentional forward movement of the passer's hand with the ball firmly in their control starts the forward pass unless the player clearly starts to bring the ball back with firm control to the passer's body; if a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins and the ball leaves the passer's hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

Based on my understanding of the rule and how they officiate with replay I think they got it right. Rules become much more technical and black and white when you decide to include replay. Sometimes what you see on the field in real time and what your eyes tell you is a better outcome. It's definitely a down side of replay. I sometimes join a training conference call with Dean Blandino discussing replay. Curious to see if this one comes up.

One thing that always bugs me is screaming at refs on plays like this when a very black and white rule could be in play that they don't understand. I figured this was one of those cases.

Bisonwinagn
09-04-2021, 11:59 PM

Here is the actual rule:

The QB had no intention of throwing the ball and was trying to tuck it in when he lost control and fumbled it. By this rule a QB could always spike it when in trouble to avoid the sack.

MinotBison
09-05-2021, 12:01 AM
The throwback uniforms really looked good on television. I know it won't happen, but it wouldn't bother me if they made them the regular uniforms.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 12:04 AM
The throwback uniforms really looked good on television. I know it won't happen, but it wouldn't bother me if they made them the regular uniforms.

At least keep the font. Bison font has terrible numbers.

WYOBISONMAN
09-05-2021, 12:06 AM
QB by committee sucks! Come on Sam. I will admit QP looked rough at times, but you gotta pick what horse you're gonna ride. Game 2 is not the time to pull him.

WYOBISONMAN
09-05-2021, 12:08 AM
Seeing Cole Payton's calves in person I can confirm, they are legit.

He ranches too!?!? ;)

56BISON73
09-05-2021, 12:09 AM
QB by committee sucks! Come on Sam. I will admit QP looked rough at times, but you gotta pick what horse you're gonna ride. Game 2 is not the time to pull him.

They let Zeb play how many games?

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 12:11 AM
He ranches too!?!? ;)

Knows how to raise a couple of plump heiffers for sure.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 12:13 AM
I need about 30 minutes bros but I'm going to save this season.

Bisonator98
09-05-2021, 12:18 AM
QP was OK but his awareness and pocket presence is worrisome. When you don't see a defender coming right in front of you that's a problem as were his fumbles. Has a lot of work to do, I expect him to look much better against Valpo and guessing Cam and Cole also get some playing time against them since we should dominate them. Watson needs to work on the jugs machine, can't drop so many passes as talented as he is, he's hurting his chances at the next level. Oline needs to eliminate the penalties and work on their pass pro. Defense was pretty solid for the most part but the secondary needs to improve, Albany missed quite a few opportunities thru the air. ST was pretty solid.

Wasn't impressed by Undercuffler, I thought he was supposed to be a stud, turned out to be a dud.

WYOBISONMAN
09-05-2021, 12:18 AM
They let Zeb play how many games?

Oh, I am thinking about that. But, zeb has a stronger supporting cast in Columbia.

VirginiaBison
09-05-2021, 12:32 AM
I'll second the call to see Payton for at least a meaningful quarter next game. I really liked that when they brought Cam in they didn't just run out the clock like Bohl/Klieman used to do when backups would get to the field. Meaningful reps and evaluation have never been more important.

Remember when Trey came in and dropped a snap then picked it up and ran it for a TD?

Entz said this was a pivotal moment is his evaluation of Lance.... most QBs would have just fallen on the ball. Lance was different. He picked it up and made a play.

SDbison
09-05-2021, 12:36 AM
Fire Roehl Save season!

VirginiaBison
09-05-2021, 12:36 AM
QP was OK but his awareness and pocket presence is worrisome. ....

Yep! And his interest in running people over 9for a big guy) is also disconcerting. Doesn't like like a future NFL candidate....... ...... yet. QBU has a lot of work to do on Patterson.

THEsocalledfan
09-05-2021, 12:41 AM
Yep! And his interest in running people over 9for a big guy) is also disconcerting. Doesn't like like a future NFL candidate....... ...... yet. QBU has a lot of work to do on Patterson.

Is he too nice?

Hammerhead
09-05-2021, 12:49 AM
We sure have a high standard for evaluating QBs.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 01:10 AM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1434320240721154060?t=EYeAExvdX5A0duBFA2V1KQ&s=19

Oh boy. Albany coach is a bit of a little bitch it would seem.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 01:12 AM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1434320240721154060?t=EYeAExvdX5A0duBFA2V1KQ&s=19

He was waddling around like his butt hurt.

I guess it did.

THEsocalledfan
09-05-2021, 01:12 AM

Making friends, he is....

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 01:15 AM
He was waddling around like his butt hurt.

I guess it did.

Tampon must be in crooked?

Kevin
09-05-2021, 01:16 AM
"I don’t really care," Gattuso said. "I think it’s a classless act, but I don’t care if they want to do that. If you’re going to do it, call the timeouts and take two more shots. I know all the rhetoric behind you try to get a guy some throws and everything. I really don’t care, we have to defend it. I’ve always been like that. I have no problem. If you want to run the score up, run it up. I don’t have any problem. It’s just not my cup of tea. It’s just bad optics and unnecessary and it’s silly, but it must be who they are, I don’t know?"

Oh I think u care bro. I think u care mucho.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 01:18 AM
"I don’t really care," Gattuso said. "I think it’s a classless act, but I don’t care if they want to do that. If you’re going to do it, call the timeouts and take two more shots. I know all the rhetoric behind you try to get a guy some throws and everything. I really don’t care, we have to defend it. I’ve always been like that. I have no problem. If you want to run the score up, run it up. I don’t have any problem. It’s just not my cup of tea. It’s just bad optics and unnecessary and it’s silly, but it must be who they are, I don’t know?"

If NDSU wanted another TD, they could have put one on his bitch ass.

bisonaudit
09-05-2021, 01:21 AM

Just take your check and go home. He’s right though, he doesn’t know who we are.

DCinOK
09-05-2021, 01:22 AM

When he and Entz shook hands, I think he said something to Entz about that pass...you could see Entz kind of twist his mouth in an uncomfortable smile/laugh at the dude.

56BISON73
09-05-2021, 01:24 AM
When he and Entz shook hands, I think he said something to Entz about that pass...you could see Entz kind of twist his mouth in an uncomfortable smile/laugh at the dude.

I saw that also. :D

scottietohottie
09-05-2021, 01:33 AM
Now watch zeb fucking light it up eh

Effin stud.

CAS4127
09-05-2021, 01:41 AM
We won because we had better talent and depth, that’s all.

Sam Houston’s skilled and fast LBs would have eaten up our running game for a snack.

Our passing game is nonsensical and baffling.

CAS4127
09-05-2021, 01:46 AM

He isn’t a great runner. Lacks speed and, like you mention, seems a bit adverse to mixing it up.

gavin2126
09-05-2021, 01:50 AM
We will be in every game except SDSU. Hope I'm wrong.

Nah we'll be in every game we play. The only game we won't be favored will be the Bunnies but it will be a close competitive game.

After week 1 NDSU is the 4th or 5th best team in the MVFC. The good news is they have the most upside. I will reserve further judgement until after the Towson game.
SDSU may be the best coached team in the Country right now.

At worst we're 3rd best. I'd put us and SIU in the 2nd and 3rd spots, so close it doesn't really matter which order.

I agree with most of this. We're going to have a lot of wins this year that look like games from 2011-2016, where we completely control the game and win by "only" 10-15 points. Not sure if that gets us all the way to Frisco, but it will get us to the semis for sure.

AKBison
09-05-2021, 01:57 AM
I know everyone wants Quincy to be the fucking Terminator out there but he has said every time he’s asked that he doesn’t like running people over and he doesn’t love contact.
He definitely doesn't run and look for contact like Brock/Wentz/Stick/Trey. It surprised me considering his NC vs Va Tech tape. Doesn't mean he can't be the next guy but it was the biggest surprise of the day.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 01:58 AM
Can we send Lakes on their forum to tell them what a whiny little bitch their coach is in that smug slightly condescending way with the back hand compliments he does so well? If not now, when is the right time to use him?

Snowgoose
09-05-2021, 02:04 AM
Sorry I don’t think we should have been passing on that second to last play either. You almost never see that in any game Anywhere. It seems like a completely classless move. I mean if you were trying to rub it in to say SDSU fine but we thoroughly dominated this opponent in the second Half and didn’t need to be in the gun with 20 seconds left.

AKBison
09-05-2021, 02:13 AM
Sorry I don’t think we should have been passing on that second to last play either. You almost never see that in any game Anywhere. It seems like a completely classless move. I mean if you were trying to rub it in to say SDSU fine but we thoroughly dominated this opponent in the second Half and didn’t need to be in the gun with 20 seconds left.

My hunch is that the only reason it happened is that they wanted to see Cam get some action. Me thinks the QB competition isn't over...

semobison
09-05-2021, 02:15 AM

Agree, I was relieved that it was incomplete!

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-05-2021, 02:22 AM
He definitely doesn't run and look for contact like Brock/Wentz/Stick/Trey. It surprised me considering his NC vs Va Tech tape. Doesn't mean he can't be the next guy but it was the biggest surprise of the day.

Throws a sweet ball though. #1’s gotta be kicking himself. That would've been a big play.

The way he eluded pressure when he scrambled through a few tackles suggests that he can run. Maybe the game plan was to hold back?

First game of the year. I like the way #29 bounced outside on the big TD run, the way Quincy threw the ball, and the way the D came on big in the 2nd half.

Bison always get better as the year progresses.

SDbison
09-05-2021, 02:29 AM
Agree, I was relieved that it was incomplete! lol. Bunch of wimps. You play the game until the end. And the back up QB should get a valid mix of plays to run.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-05-2021, 02:33 AM
lol. Bunch of wimps. You play the game until the end. And the back up QB should get a valid mix of plays to run.

I agree with you. At that point the game was over and you’re just getting reps for your 2nds. Albany coach was pissed cuz he lost, but he should have known he would lose. Sorry. Facts

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 02:35 AM
I think that we shouldn’t have thrown the ball.

I also think their bitch ass coach should shut up about it. They were a blown call away from getting shut out.

CAS4127
09-05-2021, 02:43 AM
I think that we shouldn’t have thrown the ball.

I also think their bitch ass coach should shut up about it. They were a blown call away from getting shut out.

I don’t recall them taking a knee in their last offensive possession.

Snowgoose
09-05-2021, 02:43 AM
Cam is going to get as many throws as we want next game. Crud he could probably try throwing left handed next week. That last pass was so unneeded. Plus cam almost had the previous two passes picked off.

I think it says something about Entz.

BisonNeil
09-05-2021, 02:52 AM
1) So good to have "normal" football back. We went 40 pages in the GDT without one mention of jabs or jobs. Congrats team.
2) QP is solid. I don't know if he's the long term answer. Passes between the hashes looked good. Sideline throws were questionable. Might need to tweak to accommodate that? Good news if we do, it means more TE action. Running looked ok, but not as advertised. I was promised Derrick Henry. I expect Derrick Henry. Definitely should remain the starter.
3) TR needs to improve. That first drive was fucking pathetic. Calls got a bit better but created their own predictable loop by the end.
4) Defense was solid. Take away that busted slant for a TD (which was *not* a fucking TD for the record) and we pwn'd them thoroughly. Line was awesome, backs were better.
5) I don't think anyone will let us return a punt ever again. Wow.
6) Our punter is a stud.
7) Please no UFC spoilers I had to record it and I have massive money spread out across the card.
8) SDSU better be scared I watched their game and we were way more impressive.
9) Cole Payton should get to play in garbage time in the coming weeks.
10) Ten character rule needs to go Tony.

I disagree, the Bunny Turds were far more impressive in all phases. Their transfer QB was very good, took care of the ball and wasn’t indecisive. And they played a G5 team not a midling CAA team with a whiner for a coach.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 02:53 AM
I disagree, the Bunny Turds were far more impressive in all phases. Their transfer QB was very good, took care of the ball and wasn’t indecisive. And they played a G5 team not a midling CAA team with a whiner for a coach.

Nah bro I watched the game twice they just got lucky a lot.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 03:01 AM
I think it says something about Entz.

Yep. Says Entz gives no fucks. Bitch Baby Coach can cry all he wants, Entz ain't loosing any sleep. He's got a tackle football to coach up.

GreenfieldBison
09-05-2021, 03:03 AM
Yep. Says Entz gives no fucks. Bitch Baby Coach can cry all he wants, Entz ain't loosing any sleep. He's got a tackle football to coach up.

I thought it was in vogue to blame the OC for the play calling. Is Entz to blame for this or the OC?

Help a guy out here…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
09-05-2021, 03:06 AM
Albany got paid a lot of money. We should get to do whatever we want.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 03:12 AM

Cleveland Steamers even.

gavin2126
09-05-2021, 03:13 AM

Haha. Take the money off the dresser and pretend to enjoy what we do to you.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 03:13 AM
I thought it was in vogue to blame the OC for the play calling. Is Entz to blame for this or the OC?

Help a guy out here…

Kevs fault, we has slipping Roehl those plays of his already in the fourth quarter.

HerdBot
09-05-2021, 03:17 AM
Tough to gauge since we were very vanilla on offense but that Albany team was decent. So many little mistakes prevented a big blowout. Watson with the drop. Then the next play on a 3rd and 14, the receiver ran a route short of the marker. QP had a few fumbles. Dumb penalties put us in 3rd and long. The defense allowing that TD was just ridiculous

QB play. QP2 has a rocket of an arm. Needs to work on his awareness because there were a few plays Easton or Trey would have tucked it in ran for some huge gains. Those plays are even more important than designed QB runs. He really ran the offense pretty good for a 1st game

Roehl is so bad at calling cutback runs that Dom just cut it back on his own and scored

Defense. Tackling was better than last year but there were a few whiffs.

Overall a good win vs a decent opponent in game 1, but I'm not sold yet. Were good but nowhere near great. Can we get there? Possibly

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 03:21 AM
This team is two giant calves and a few a Kev's plays away from greatness.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 03:26 AM
This team is two giant calves and a few a Kev's plays away from greatness.

Roll herd.

Literally.

Call it.

Bisonwinagn
09-05-2021, 03:28 AM

I didn't have problem with the pass per say, but under 2 minutes take a fricken Knee. There is zero reason to tear an ACL running out the clock.

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 03:31 AM
Tough to gauge since we were very vanilla on offense but that Albany team was decent. So many little mistakes prevented a big blowout. Watson with the drop. Then the next play on a 3rd and 14, the receiver ran a route short of the marker. QP had a few fumbles. Dumb penalties put us in 3rd and long. The defense allowing that TD was just ridiculous

QB play. QP2 has a rocket of an arm. Needs to work on his awareness because there were a few plays Easton or Trey would have tucked it in ran for some huge gains. Those plays are even more important than designed QB runs. He really ran the offense pretty good for a 1st game

Roehl is so bad at calling cutback runs that Dom just cut it back on his own and scored

Defense. Tackling was better than last year but there were a few whiffs.

Overall a good win vs a decent opponent in game 1, but I'm not sold yet. Were good but nowhere near great. Can we get there? Possibly

Defense was epic. 22 rush yards. Three turnovers and a turnover on downs. 0 for 11 on third downs. Save the blown call it was a shut out

HerdBot
09-05-2021, 03:54 AM
Defense was epic. 22 rush yards. Three turnovers and a turnover on downs. 0 for 11 on third downs. Save the blown call it was a shut out

Wasn't a blown call. We let then score in a prevent situation. That was inexcusable.

Also the Albany QB missed an easy TD throw in the corner of the end zone in the 1st quarter. No way SDSU misses that

We played great run defense on 1st down and made then 1 dimensional but they kind of abandoned the run. They only had 19 attempts the whole game and many of those were the QB scrambling. Also sack yards made it look even worse

Overall the defense was good but teams like SDSU won't abandon the run. Good but Epic... no way

El_Chapo
09-05-2021, 04:09 AM
I don’t recall them taking a knee in their last offensive possession.

exactly herd . PREVENT DEFENSE W 20 SECS LEFT. BAD COACHING

CAS is back. yea. Entz acts like a pussy not going for it on 4th and inches on 1st drive or 3rd and 36... but yea let's act all tough & throw at the end of game

that's what pisses me off. be a man the WHOLE time

El_Chapo
09-05-2021, 05:59 AM
Can we send Lakes on their forum to tell them what a whiny little bitch their coach is in that smug slightly condescending way with the back hand compliments he does so well? If not now, when is the right time to use him?

I cant find one

Herd
09-05-2021, 12:04 PM
My thoughts:

Albany coaches comments? Justified . . . he didn’t say anything that I wasn’t thinking. I was like, thank God we didn’t complete that td pass. Bad optics, classless? Yes/yes. Sometimes I miss CK.

Cam’s first pass demonstrated why QP is the starter. Some qbs have the arm to throw receivers open, and some have arms that are window closers.

Run defense was strong (A), pass defense (B-) although it improved in the 2nd half from a (C). I’m not feeling like this is an altime D, I hope they prove me wrong.

HerdistheWord
09-05-2021, 12:23 PM
After the debacle last year, I am all for getting our backups more reps, including passing. It is classless to leave the starters in, but I disagree that it is classless to get the backups some playing time in real game situations.

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 12:30 PM
Wasn't a blown call. We let then score in a prevent situation. That was inexcusable.

Also the Albany QB missed an easy TD throw in the corner of the end zone in the 1st quarter. No way SDSU misses that

We played great run defense on 1st down and made then 1 dimensional but they kind of abandoned the run. They only had 19 attempts the whole game and many of those were the QB scrambling. Also sack yards made it look even worse

Overall the defense was good but teams like SDSU won't abandon the run. Good but Epic... no way

Do you think Albany abandoned the run out of good will? It’s a team that averaged 150 yards on the ground in 2019, we held them to 22.

They averaged 250 yards passing and we held them to 180. These are against colonial schools btw.

Now let’s talk about the one bad play. 75 of those 180 yards were on one play, where we had a LB??? lined up against their slot. That’s on Braun. I was right there, ball was out before the EZ. So yes, it should’ve been no touchdown, with ANOTHER takeaway.

Defense played out of their minds yesterday, sorry they made Albany look bad but their QB, RB and too WR are studs and have been for years.

tjamz
09-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Can we send Lakes on their forum to tell them what a whiny little bitch their coach is in that smug slightly condescending way with the back hand compliments he does so well? If not now, when is the right time to use him?In the playoffs. We don't want to put anything on tape just yet.

#patience

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
09-05-2021, 01:05 PM
In the playoffs. We don't want to put anything on tape just yet.

#patience

Sent from my Pixel 5 using TapatalkWe haven't wanted to put anything on tape for 3 years... but then at the same time want to make the other team defend the entire field. But usual the other team just needs to defend QB power out inside dive plays.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 01:14 PM
In the playoffs. We don't want to put anything on tape just yet.

#patience

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Just two more weeks.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 01:30 PM
I cant find one

https://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/9-fall-sports-football-soccer-volleyball-cross-country-field-hockey/

Football forum is a combo site with futball and field hockey.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 01:53 PM
https://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com/forum/9-fall-sports-football-soccer-volleyball-cross-country-field-hockey/

Football forum is a combo site with futball and field hockey.

You have just called a scourge upon their lands.

I’m not sure they deserve it.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 01:59 PM
You have just called a scourge upon their lands.

I’m not sure they deserve it.

Miller Time should be more than just dives between tackles. Their coach called down the thunder, well now they've got it.

HerdBot
09-05-2021, 02:07 PM
Do you think Albany abandoned the run out of good will? It’s a team that averaged 150 yards on the ground in 2019, we held them to 22.

They averaged 250 yards passing and we held them to 180. These are against colonial schools btw.

Now let’s talk about the one bad play. 75 of those 180 yards were on one play, where we had a LB??? lined up against their slot. That’s on Braun. I was right there, ball was out before the EZ. So yes, it should’ve been no touchdown, with ANOTHER takeaway.

Defense played out of their minds yesterday, sorry they made Albany look bad but their QB, RB and too WR are studs and have been for years.

When you are down by 2 and then 3 TDs in the 2nd half, you don't have the luxury of methodically moving the ball down the field by running. You need to pass and score quickly. That's credit to both the offense and the defense. We were great as a team.

Twincitybizon
09-05-2021, 02:16 PM
How about some love for the special teams play!! Long snapper and punter played well. Some punts were ugly but got the job done

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 02:28 PM
How about some love for the special teams play!! Long snapper and punter played well. Some punts were ugly but got the job done

Great punt return too not including the needless penalty

GreenfieldBison
09-05-2021, 02:33 PM

Word!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1st&TennBison
09-05-2021, 02:51 PM
Nah bro I watched the game twice they just got lucky a lot.

I am watching the replay of that game right now, I am failing to see where they are getting lucky at all let alone a lot. Sure seems to me like SDSU just flat out took them to the woodshed.

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 02:52 PM

Forget about Cole Payton. It's Patterson's team. Cole Payton won't start for years if ever.

BTW-take a look at QP's TD run against UNC a couple years ago (starting at 1:06 of the link below). His speed is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x06R1Krb_6k

Kevin
09-05-2021, 03:02 PM
I am watching the replay of that game right now, I am failing to see where they are getting lucky at all let alone a lot. Sure seems to me like SDSU just flat out took them to the woodshed.

Watch it again at half speed bro. They were powerball winner lucky.

CSU wins that game 9/10 times.

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 03:21 PM

SDSU isn't 10 feet tall, they're not going to breeze through the MVFC this year.

MNLonghorn10
09-05-2021, 03:21 PM
I had turned the game off at that point, how far was the pass? It’s dumb to be passing when the games over and it’s also dumb to be running to burn out the clock. Nobody on either side gets injured with a qb kneel.

But Jesus coach…. Go rub one out then redo that segment. You had to be out there for one extra minute because of an incompletion? I can think of worse things that life throws at you…. Like losing your home to a hurricane…. Falling off a departing plane…. Living in Australia

oldmantutters
09-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Meh. Entz should run out the clock there, but the Albany coach was bitching and whining about every little thing. You'd think the east coasters would appreciate a little asshole behavior.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 03:58 PM
Forget about Cole Payton. It's Patterson's team. Cole Payton won't start for years if ever.

Imma remember this post.

Bison Dan
09-05-2021, 04:16 PM
I'm a little disappointed in the D coach & LBers on that crossing pattern over the middle. Why didn't they line up a little deeper and why didn't they key on Albany's best player? Also didn't like Coach R play calling in the red zone. He's trying to get too cute. Why don't we have those quick slants over the middle, their LB's were playing run all day. Does Watson need glasses?

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:18 PM
I had turned the game off at that point, how far was the pass? It’s dumb to be passing when the games over and it’s also dumb to be running to burn out the clock. Nobody on either side gets injured with a qb kneel.

But Jesus coach…. Go rub one out then redo that segment. You had to be out there for one extra minute because of an incompletion? I can think of worse things that life throws at you…. Like losing your home to a hurricane…. Falling off a departing plane…. Living in Australia

Second string QB throwing to the 11 TE on the depth chart. Did we have any starters in at that point? NDSU needs to develop, especially on offense. So sorry his team was paid hundreds of thousands to serve as a practice squad. Their coach suckles his team off his bitch tits.

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 04:26 PM
Imma remember this post.

Please do. You'll find I was right.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:29 PM
Please do. You'll find I was right.

https://media.tenor.com/images/41455b1257523eae5c1433a732e80a3c/tenor.gif

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:38 PM
I have day after game throat. Feels good.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Was the throw into the endzone? I don’t remember. If not, who cares.

Bison have more depth than they know what to do with on either side of the ball and you have to give it meaningful game reps. Sure, they might get a good amount next weekend, but this was a decent team. I would think that they (Albany) would want to treat it as a scrimmage at that point too and get as many meaningful plays in as possible.

Personally, I wanted them to play right up to the end because the more live play calling the offense gets, the better. With 1 min left and what was essentially a shutout (18 had a nice game, no?) I came away feeling unsatisfied, but I have faith they will improve.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Was the throw into the endzone? I don’t remember. If not, who cares.

Bison have more depth than they know what to do with on either side of the ball and you have to give it meaningful game reps. Sure, they might get a good amount next weekend, but this was a decent team. I would think that they (Albany) would want to treat it as a scrimmage at that point too and get as many meaningful plays in as possible.

Personally, I wanted them to play right up to the end because the more live play calling the offense gets, the better. With 1 min left and what was essentially a shutout (18 had a nice game, no?) I came away feeling unsatisfied, but I have faith they will improve.

Nope was inside the 5 but not in end zone.

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 05:08 PM
I'm a little disappointed in the D coach & LBers on that crossing pattern over the middle. Why didn't they line up a little deeper and why didn't they key on Albany's best player? Also didn't like Coach R play calling in the red zone. He's trying to get too cute. Why don't we have those quick slants over the middle, their LB's were playing run all day. Does Watson need glasses?

Why is Jackson Hankey on the field in a 100% passing (or HB draw) down is probably the start and the end of the questions that need to be asked. And if he’s going to be in, why the hell is he playing 20 yards off the LOS? He is great at tackling in traffic, fighting blocks. He is not great at running or tackling way downfield.

tolnabison
09-05-2021, 06:31 PM
A few takeaway from the game (here for the criticism, since it's bisonville and we are all experts):
1. Our OLine still inconsistent within some schemes. In particular Mauch, Jensen, and Kubas. Buddy of mine pointed out that three drives in a row, one of those three had guys shoot through mess up plays. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Miller and Rock are starting at tackles and some point this year. We know Zabel can play also.
2. 52 and 51 were on the field to much together. Give me 47 and 31. I don't care about seniority. The best players need to play. I get they know what they have in older class men, but the upside is to good to keep 47 and 31 on the bench. Love Hankey, needs to start and get a lot of reps in the middle. But him and 51 together, we lack upside and speed.
3. Mostert twins continue to jump out. Eli is a beast, looks thicker then last year. Also, Will needs to play more. He is better then guys ahead of him. Especially 93 and 54.
4. Going off of one game, Sproles is our 3/4 most explosive receiver. Watson, Henderson, and Nelson all created separation. Sproles I felt struggled and that might be just trying to get his feet under him. I think Nelson has taken the next step.
5. Kobe looks great. Bigger then last spring and still has the juice. Take away Dom's long run and Kobe had the better game. Our RB is loaded. TaMerik looked good at the end. Luepke is a horse, but will be needed at FB with Brozio out.
6. Eubanks is a dude. The other corner spot will shake out over time with the competition there between Price, Vines and Telbert.
7. QP2 is going to be solid. Two buddies that are non FCS fans messaged me and said he looks great. Just hope the OC takes the training wheels off and let's the guys play.
8. First game Roehl hasn't called a jet sweep? Surprising. He just needs to let the guys plays and not worry about saving things. If we execute it won't matter.
9. Our safety room is so talented and deep. Weber, Tutsie and Jones make it able for us to do a lot of things on the back end of the defense.
10. FCS is a whole looks great this season, a lot of talent returned from COVID year, schools took transfers, and NDSU set the bar and other schools are striving to reach it. SDSU, Montana, JMU, SIU, SHSU, and UND all have great rosters and talent. UNI gave Iowa St all they can ask for. Other FCS schools picked up wins over FCS.
11. Liked the throw backs, but I'm glad it's only a one time deal. Looked to much like the jets jerseys for me. Loved the helmets on the other hand. Logo is awesome.
12. Next week will be a joke, Valpo team that lost to an NAIA. Hope no one gets hurt. Get in, get out. Get guys in the game. Get to 2-0.

Go Bison! Criticize away.

Twincitybizon
09-05-2021, 06:47 PM
A few takeaway from the game (here for the criticism, since it's bisonville and we are all experts):
1. Our OLine still inconsistent within some schemes. In particular Mauch, Jensen, and Kubas. Buddy of mine pointed out that three drives in a row, one of those three had guys shoot through mess up plays. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Miller and Rock are starting at tackles and some point this year. We know Zabel can play also.
2. 52 and 51 were on the field to much together. Give me 47 and 31. I don't care about seniority. The best players need to play. I get they know what they have in older class men, but the upside is to good to keep 47 and 31 on the bench. Love Hankey, needs to start and get a lot of reps in the middle. But him and 51 together, we lack upside and speed.
3. Mostert twins continue to jump out. Eli is a beast, looks thicker then last year. Also, Will needs to play more. He is better then guys ahead of him. Especially 93 and 54.
4. Going off of one game, Sproles is our 3/4 most explosive receiver. Watson, Henderson, and Nelson all created separation. Sproles I felt struggled and that might be just trying to get his feet under him. I think Nelson has taken the next step.
5. Kobe looks great. Bigger then last spring and still has the juice. Take away Dom's long run and Kobe had the better game. Our RB is loaded. TaMerik looked good at the end. Luepke is a horse, but will be needed at FB with Brozio out.
6. Eubanks is a dude. The other corner spot will shake out over time with the competition there between Price, Vines and Telbert.
7. QP2 is going to be solid. Two buddies that are non FCS fans messaged me and said he looks great. Just hope the OC takes the training wheels off and let's the guys play.
8. First game Roehl hasn't called a jet sweep? Surprising. He just needs to let the guys plays and not worry about saving things. If we execute it won't matter.
9. Our safety room is so talented and deep. Weber, Tutsie and Jones make it able for us to do a lot of things on the back end of the defense.
10. FCS is a whole looks great this season, a lot of talent returned from COVID year, schools took transfers, and NDSU set the bar and other schools are striving to reach it. SDSU, Montana, JMU, SIU, SHSU, and UND all have great rosters and talent. UNI gave Iowa St all they can ask for. Other FCS schools picked up wins over FCS.
11. Liked the throw backs, but I'm glad it's only a one time deal. Looked to much like the jets jerseys for me. Loved the helmets on the other hand. Logo is awesome.
12. Next week will be a joke, Valpo team that lost to an NAIA. Hope no one gets hurt. Get in, get out. Get guys in the game. Get to 2-0.

Jet sweep to FB/TE for a touchdown. Luepke I believe

tolnabison
09-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Jet sweep to FB/TE for a touchdown. Luepke I believe

Your correct. On the goal line. Actually a good play call. Out of a formation and person they don't usually run it with.

Bison 4 Life
09-05-2021, 06:53 PM
Someone on the Kolpack's post game show described QP's passing as "A good west coast statline"

Before we had all these NFL guys, that was good enough. Good defense and a solid, clock eating offense that didn't turn the ball over.

El_Chapo
09-05-2021, 07:01 PM
Someone on the Kolpack's post game show described QP's passing as "A good west coast statline"

Before we had all these NFL guys, that was good enough. Good defense and a solid, clock eating offense that didn't turn the ball over.

kolpack is the biggest tool next to mcfooly. unbelievable ndsu gave wday/forum the contract

reformedUNDfan
09-05-2021, 07:12 PM

what on earth is this take. They embarrassed CSU

MNLonghorn10
09-05-2021, 07:21 PM

Did the NFL guys really put up video game numbers? I mean yea stick and Lance could run for 10 yards any play. But they weren’t passing for 350 yards and 4 TDs vs PudU either.

Don’t need QP to follow the NFL guys…just don’t play like last springs QB and let the RB 3 headed monster do their thing while keeping the D from stacking. Do that and NDSU should be alright

WestCentralMN
09-05-2021, 07:22 PM
Possibly the most important takeaway that hasn't been mentioned. Still undefeated in the throwback logo/jersey/socks with current pants combo!!

MNLonghorn10
09-05-2021, 07:22 PM

Turn your sarcasm meter on or check its batteries.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 07:24 PM

Bro watch it again. They had 12 players on the field more than once.

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 07:34 PM
kolpack is the biggest tool next to mcfooly. unbelievable ndsu gave wday/forum the contract

NDSU didn’t give them the contract

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 08:41 PM
Bro watch it again. They had 12 players on the field more than once.

Lucky calls. That's all it really was.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 08:51 PM

You’re just the kind of acute football kind we need in the playbook thread.

El_Chapo
09-05-2021, 08:51 PM
NDSU didn’t give them the contract

huh? ....NDSU could've denied them, they've denied them from practices !

Kevin
09-05-2021, 08:52 PM
Lucky calls. That's all it really was.

Absolutely. I just watched it a sixth time and at least seven times defenders slip or outright fall down allowing SDSU a nice gain.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 08:54 PM
Absolutely. I just watched it a sixth time and at least seven times defenders slip or outright fall down allowing SDSU a nice gain.

That's only on the running plays. Watch it again. Every pass has at least 4 lineman down field blocking.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 08:55 PM

Lakes knows about being denied.

tjamz
09-05-2021, 10:43 PM
We haven't wanted to put anything on tape for 3 years... but then at the same time want to make the other team defend the entire field. But usual the other team just needs to defend QB power out inside dive plays.

My post was in response to sending el(lakes)chapo to opposing forums. I thought that was obvious?

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 10:52 PM

Learfield College IMG holds all NDSU multimedia rights. The only contract coming from NDSU to anyone on multimedia rights is to Learfield College IMG.

If you want to keep digging your hole deeper, be my guest. NDSU isn't able to "deny them", the rights are no longer theirs to deny. Even if they could/would, "zOmG tHoSe GuYs R a BuNCha ToOls" is something only your buddies up north would try to pull.

Kevin
09-05-2021, 10:58 PM
That's only on the running plays. Watch it again. Every pass has at least 4 lineman down field blocking.

I saw that too. One drive in the third quarter they got a 5th down too.

GreenfieldBison
09-05-2021, 11:41 PM
My post was in response to sending el(lakes)chapo to opposing forums. I thought that was obvious?

Me too

MinotBison
09-06-2021, 02:52 AM
Where can I find some tailgating pics for the benefit of those of us who don't get there every game? Thanks.

El_Chapo
09-06-2021, 03:19 AM
Learfield College IMG holds all NDSU multimedia rights. The only contract coming from NDSU to anyone on multimedia rights is to Learfield College IMG.

If you want to keep digging your hole deeper, be my guest. NDSU isn't able to "deny them", the rights are no longer theirs to deny. Even if they could/would, "zOmG tHoSe GuYs R a BuNCha ToOls" is something only your buddies up north would try to pull.

don't need leerfield either then. f em

El_Chapo
09-06-2021, 03:20 AM
Where can I find some tailgating pics for the benefit of those of us who don't get there every game? Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/295441547256002/posts/2616553838478083/

good video here

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 04:06 AM
http://youtu.be/bkd5685s7Bs

StL Bison Fan
09-06-2021, 04:12 AM

CSU embarrassed CSU. They are terrible.

BisonHorns
09-06-2021, 01:36 PM
http://youtu.be/bkd5685s7Bs

Thank you for posting this!

TAILG8R
09-06-2021, 03:08 PM
I see the while game is available. Game highlights video anywhere?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DORMIE
09-06-2021, 03:42 PM
Anyone have the 50/50 number?

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 03:57 PM
Anyone have the 50/50 number?

Winner was announced on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/NDSUteammakers/status/1434569222093410306?s=19

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 04:10 PM
http://youtu.be/UJv3W5D8-bs

El_Chapo
09-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Winner was announced on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/NDSUteammakers/status/1434569222093410306?s=19

wow mcfooly... err ec8ch has everything today

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 05:11 PM
wow mcfooly... err ec8ch has everything today

Just wait till people figure out I'm your burner account.

Kujava23
09-06-2021, 05:55 PM

Yeah I think Grey Zabel should be our starting RG!
I thought QP might've been struggling big time in his progression reads as held ball a longgggg time, but Coach Entz made an interesting comment---maybe thats from practice where when in RED jerseys have all day to throw and noone touches them---anyways---wasnt impressed
QP---was noted as a great runner but I didn't see any of that----looked reluctant to run or take a hit and appeared slow and not quick----two fumbles wipe out TD pass in my mind too
JUST THINKING OUT LOUD---why play Luepke as H back or TE---don't we have depth there already and two great SR TE's in Babicz and Gindorff???
Just let him play FB/RB
Another game with a big DROP by Christian Watson--wouldve been a TD!!!!! I HATE WR's who jump when ball is almost there when don't need to....throws off timing and most of time don't catch ball...I've seen Watson do that too often----we also can take a shot a game to Watson back like when Brock would to Holloway
I thought our DL dominated the game---but was expecting to see 31 on field and saw 51 on field---i might be a minority but i don't see 3 making lots of plays dating back to last year
HOWWWWWWWWWWWWW do you give up a 67 yard TD pass with :15 left in half-------very lazy cover 4-----shit if have to drop them back 40 yards so nobody gets behind you---hope coaches and players got chewed on at halftime
I EXPECT and want to see more Play action passes!!! If our run game can't set that up----and be executed than we need a new OC and or QB

1-0 wanted to see a sharper performance--OFFENSE C+ DEFENSE A- Special Teams B

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY schedule Valpo----I mean cmon----save a buck brining them to Dome???? Starters play quarter and half than get your programs out

HerdBot
09-06-2021, 06:39 PM
Christian Watsons blocks on Doms TD run was so big. Big time effort. Watching the replay, that guy fucks

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 07:15 PM
Entz asked by Kolpack for a response on being called classless... Next question, no response. Albany is a good team.

HerdBot
09-06-2021, 07:44 PM
http://youtu.be/UJv3W5D8-bs

The audio sounds like they are standing in a hall way. Very D2 sounding

THEsocalledfan
09-06-2021, 08:47 PM
The audio sounds like they are standing in a hall way. Very D2 sounding

I watched on youtube......it was almost unwatchable.

1. Video and audio quality is terrible. Why? Don't this film it in high def? Same goes for the football video....streams like shit.
2. Seriously, get on a set like they used to. The entire look is terrible.
3. The best part of a coaches show is letting the coach talk through different plays on commenting on them. I really don't want to hear Dom's call; I want to hear the coach.
4. And of the biggest problem......why did they break a show format that was not broken? It is so simple, coach talking about the plays and commenting, feature story, then future crop of bison, and quick comments on the next game. That is it...and do it on a television set so it looks good....

(BTW, I swear one of those old NCAA trophies appears to have a major chip on a corner, but I digress.....)

This is almost KVLY level of incompetence.....only thing that could make it worse is to hire Timmerman to host.

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Trophy Room as a backdrop is a good idea in theory. Lots of framing, lighting, and audio issues in practice. To be honest though coaches show is the least compelling content to me. Always bland and scripted. Monday presser is more interesting to me.

bisonaudit
09-06-2021, 09:02 PM

1. Video and audio quality is terrible. Why? Don't this film it in high def? Same goes for the football video....streams like shit.
3. The best part of a coaches show is letting the coach talk through different plays on commenting on them. I really don't want to hear Dom's call; I want to hear the coach.
4. And of the biggest problem......why did they break a show format that was not broken? It is so simple, coach talking about the plays and commenting, feature story, then future crop of bison, and quick comments on the next game. That is it...and do it on a television set so it looks good....

(BTW, I swear one of those old NCAA trophies appears to have a major chip on a corner, but I digress.....)

This is almost KVLY level of incompetence.....only thing that could make it worse is to hire Timmerman to host.

we won so many the trophy case imploded in a vortex of success.

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 09:23 PM
http://youtu.be/tDRXAGAwo20

westnodak93bison
09-06-2021, 10:07 PM
All in all I like what I saw. I firmly believe we need to use the perimeter run game and not fall into the between the tackle trap and we can beat most college teams.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

56BISON73
09-06-2021, 11:12 PM
First real game in a long time. First game of the season. Young team. Didnt expect much different.

Bisonwinagn
09-07-2021, 12:24 AM
It seems the players and coaches care about the fall season after not giving a shit about the spring. That's a start!!

RonMexico
09-07-2021, 03:08 PM
All in all I like what I saw. I firmly believe we need to use the perimeter run game and not fall into the between the tackle trap and we can beat most college teams.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wasn't that Bohl's philosophy on the run game? I remember him talking about that and saying that they wanted to run the perimeter early in the game, to get the big d-lineman and linebackers running sideline to sideline, tire them out and then they could pound it straight ahead in the second half.

HerdBot
09-07-2021, 04:08 PM

I don't mind the format. It's just the quality that sucks

MankatoBison
09-07-2021, 06:12 PM

Saying QP isnt fast because Lance and Stick were faster is like saying "That hippo isnt heavy because elephants are heavier" lol lakes. He's extremely fast. Stick and Lance were RIDICULOUSLY fast

Hammerhead
09-07-2021, 06:15 PM
Saying QP isnt fast because Lance and Stick were faster is like saying "That hippo isnt heavy because elephants are heavier" lol lakes. He's extremely fast. Stick and Lance were RIDICULOUSLY fast

QP is faster than Noland and may be a better passer than Miller.

bruinbison
09-07-2021, 06:43 PM

Was worried we were going to hit Ludicrous Speed! :)

GreenfieldBison
09-07-2021, 06:43 PM
QP is faster than Noland and may be a better passer than Miller.

Hey man, I’M faster than Zeb.

I’d be willing to bet that I’m better as passing gas than Miller too.

bruinbison
09-07-2021, 06:54 PM
Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo

Just my 2 cents worth opinion on the QB’s playing……

With Cole Payton the 3rd Team QB, I would not want to see him in the Valpo game……at all.
Save his 4 game window for when it means something, especially in case of an injury to either of the top 2.
It’s a long season, after just playing this spring, followed by the FCS playoffs in Nov-Dec—Jan. I’d hate to see him lose a redshirt year, or worse, get hurt playing against Valparaiso - when later in the season he might be 2nd Team QB and have to play.

If the Bison offense hits Ludicrous Speed against Valpo, I wouldn’t be surprised to see either JJ Woodin or Peter Anderson out there……

Kevin
09-07-2021, 06:59 PM
Hey man, I’M faster than Zeb.

I’d be willing to bet that I’m better as passing gas than Miller too.

I think we should have a Bisonville gathering where people have to run the 40. Maybe the bench press as well just because I want to see lakes throw up 225.

It could really help us weight the opinions of posters when it comes to on the field critique.

TransAmBison
09-07-2021, 07:00 PM
I think we should have a Bisonville gathering where people have to run the 40. Maybe the bench press as well just because I want to see lakes throw up 225.

It could really help us weight the opinions of posters when it comes to on the field critique.Will there be tailgating?

Hammerhead
09-07-2021, 07:12 PM
Will there be tailgating?

For the participants or just the observers?

Hammerhead
09-07-2021, 07:23 PM
The Albany coach was also mad when an opponent let a 5th year walk-on player get a couple of carries at the end of a game instead of taking a knee in the second to last regular season game. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7183427-McFeely-blog-Bison-passing-in-final-seconds-was-odd-but-Albany-coach-also-questioned-another-teams-class-in-2014.

"After an Albany touchdown, Villanova took the field with 49 seconds left and the ball at its 25-yard line. Senior walk-on Fred O'Connor received two straight carries, the first for 19 yards and the second for a yard before time expired. Gattuso was upset the Wildcats didn't take a knee"

Bison Dan
09-07-2021, 07:25 PM
The Albany coach was also mad when an opponent let a 5th year walk-on player get a couple of carries at the end of a game instead of taking a knee in the second to last regular season game. https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/7183427-McFeely-blog-Bison-passing-in-final-seconds-was-odd-but-Albany-coach-also-questioned-another-teams-class-in-2014.

"After an Albany touchdown, Villanova took the field with 49 seconds left and the ball at its 25-yard line. Senior walk-on Fred O'Connor received two straight carries, the first for 19 yards and the second for a yard before time expired. Gattuso was upset the Wildcats didn't take a knee"

Here's a tip for Gattuso - quit losing!

TransAmBison
09-07-2021, 07:30 PM
For the participants or just the observers?If you have to ask...

StL Bison Fan
09-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Wasn't that Bohl's philosophy on the run game? I remember him talking about that and saying that they wanted to run the perimeter early in the game, to get the big d-lineman and linebackers running sideline to sideline, tire them out and then they could pound it straight ahead in the second half.
The good old days.
I loved watching those big guys with their hands on hips ready to pass out after running side to side the first half.

123Gobison
09-07-2021, 09:20 PM
QP reminds me of UNI 2015-2016 QB Aaron Bailey. Thick and solid, runs like a freight train, hard to bring him down. QP throwing motion is very slick. Ball comes out of his hand very fast and for the most part he is accurate. At this point he better than Easton.

75% completion rate is a big deal for Bison QB because our WRs are blocking for RBs 50-60 plays every game like TEs .

Herd
09-07-2021, 09:33 PM
QP reminds me of UNI 2015-2016 QB Aaron Bailey. Thick and solid, runs like a freight train, hard to bring him down. QP throwing motion is very slick. Ball comes out of his hand very fast and for the most part he is accurate. At this point he better than Easton.

75% completion rate is a big deal for Bison QB because our WRs are blocking for RBs 50-60 plays every game like TEs .

Liked the throws to TE's. Would like to see Gin and Bab each catch 4-5 a game. I always wondered why Easton and Trey didn't do more of that. Seems like playcalling has no emphasized TE throws, until we are at the goaline.

MNLonghorn10
09-07-2021, 10:43 PM

This guy would be a pain in the ass to be married to. Footballs supposed to be fun. Unless you’re against Albany and you’re up by 4 tds in the fourth

123Gobison
09-08-2021, 04:07 AM
Liked the throws to TE's. Would like to see Gin and Bab each catch 4-5 a game. I always wondered why Easton and Trey didn't do more of that. Seems like playcalling has no emphasized TE throws, until we are at the goaline.

We have a good defense, a above average QB so I think our OC should open up the play book and dial up some catches to our TEs.

EC8CH
09-08-2021, 04:14 AM
It's kinda quite in the beginning so be sure to turn it up so you can hear what he's saying...

http://youtu.be/wdvvueqNp3M

You're going down great Danes. We're gonna put you down like Ole Yeller.

KSBisonFan
09-08-2021, 12:25 PM
It's kinda quite in the beginning so be sure to turn it up so you can hear what he's saying...

http://youtu.be/wdvvueqNp3M

You're going down great Danes. We're gonna put you down like Ole Yeller.

Could this kid send his feed to ESPN+? At least I got to see the start of the game.

Hammerhead
09-08-2021, 04:00 PM
Has anyone seen a replay/photo from the end of the first half that shows whether or not that was a fumble or a touchdown?

THEsocalledfan
09-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Has anyone seen a replay/photo from the end of the first half that shows whether or not that was a fumble or a touchdown?

No great angle, but Ros Uglem posted a gif on twitter on the bisonreport account. I think it was a fumble, but impossible to know due to the angle. I'll look for it.....

Here it is:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1434260606866046979

TAILG8R
09-08-2021, 06:21 PM
Just rewatched the game ... I have way less gripes than I did watching it live.

Also Johnson has great vision at the line, I think we will see a number of big plays from him again this year like we did in 2019.

OrygunBison
09-08-2021, 06:27 PM
Just rewatched the game ... I have way less gripes than I did watching it live.

Also Johnson has great vision at the line, I think we will see a number of big plays from him again this year like we did in 2019.

Yeah, I was at another game but reading the GDT and was convinced it was a total shitshow happening in the FFD. Go figure, the frantic calls for rolling heads seemed a bit much when I was able to see the game recording for myself. Certainly not a perfect game but nowhere near as bad as BV makes it seem when you read it.

I agree, KJ has great vision and he's going to break more plays wide open this year.

totoinfl
09-08-2021, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I was at another game but reading the GDT and was convinced it was a total shitshow happening in the FFD. Go figure, the frantic calls for rolling heads seemed a bit much when I was able to see the game recording for myself. Certainly not a perfect game but nowhere near as bad as BV makes it seem when you read it.

I agree, KJ has great vision and he's going to break more plays wide open this year.

When is the GDT not a shit show?

NDSU92
09-08-2021, 07:18 PM

We either win by too much or not enough. Best part is it’s the same people. Sometimes they even complain about both during the same game.

Hammerhead
09-08-2021, 07:36 PM
We either win by too much or not enough. Best part is it’s the same people. Sometimes they even complain about both during the same game.

Here's what I read if I go to the game day threads during the game.

Close game = failure by the coaching staff.
Blowout = Why aren't we FBS or why can't we schedule better teams?

23Bison
09-09-2021, 12:28 AM
Well usually because the coaches are calling stupid fucking plays and aren’t making adjustments against the teams that we should destroy. Also because the teams that we are destroying show that we should be in FBS. Kind of goes hand in hand I guess.

EC8CH
09-09-2021, 02:39 AM
http://youtu.be/fQgnLhr8ZdE

@15:21 watch the WDAY intro if you missed it on ESPN+

NDSU92
09-09-2021, 02:55 AM
Well usually because the coaches are calling stupid fucking plays and aren’t making adjustments against the teams that we should destroy. Also because the teams that we are destroying show that we should be in FBS. Kind of goes hand in hand I guess.

But what if there was more to executing a year-long plan to win a championship than destroying bad football teams? Maybe our coaches understand that the only thing “opening up our playbook” to blow out Albany by more points does is show our hand for situations when we actually need points/first down/etc. There will never be a dynasty like this at the college football level. Surely our coaches are doing something right.

NDSU92
09-09-2021, 02:58 AM
http://youtu.be/fQgnLhr8ZdE

Is she doing this for every game? I’d prefer this over paying FloSports for the Towson game.

Partly on principle and partly because I’m a masochist

EC8CH
09-09-2021, 03:15 AM
Is she doing this for every game? I’d prefer this over paying FloSports for the Towson game.

Partly on principle and partly because I’m a masochist

Haha, I have no idea. I'm loving these Bison YouTube hidden gems though.

23Bison
09-09-2021, 03:00 PM
But what if there was more to executing a year-long plan to win a championship than destroying bad football teams? Maybe our coaches understand that the only thing “opening up our playbook” to blow out Albany by more points does is show our hand for situations when we actually need points/first down/etc. There will never be a dynasty like this at the college football level. Surely our coaches are doing something right.

I’m not saying they have to go into the black box of plays for teams like Albany. Tyler seems to get stuck on about 5 plays and leaves at that regardless on who we play. There at least 5 different screen plays that haven’t been used in 2 years alone.

OrygunBison
09-09-2021, 06:08 PM
I’m not saying they have to go into the black box of plays for teams like Albany. Tyler seems to get stuck on about 5 plays and leaves at that regardless on who we play. There at least 5 different screen plays that haven’t been used in 2 years alone.

I call bullshit. It's not as bad as some of you retards make it out to be. At this point, I think some of you just reflexively bitch about the offense. Since 2003, you guys have been having the same bitch session almost game after game with the exception of the Messingham years. Vigen, Polacek (sp?), and TR have combined for 6 national titles. And before you say that it is only because we have superior players than everyone else, remember that recruiting and maintaining a championship culture are also on the coaches' shoulders.

Perfect playcalling lately? Of course not. Decent to good, you're damn right. NDSU tends to run a much more sophisticated system than most college teams in any level. Sure spring ball was a shitshow but hell, I wouldn't be surprised if aliens landed someday soon given the craziness that's been in the world over the last 18+ months. One "bad" season that was going to have an asterisk next to the champion in the record books anyway is the least of our worries.

Just STFU with this already.

OrygunBison
09-09-2021, 06:11 PM

They were certainly better pre-2014 season, although one of the worst (funniest) GDT's of all time was the 2010 Missouri State thread. That one is Bisonville gold. (Bison lost 0-3 and limped into the playoffs anyway.)

StL Bison Fan
09-09-2021, 06:25 PM
While sitting in the dome I thought the game lasted forever.
And I was disappointed in offensive play. After looking at the numbers I was wrong.
It’s always a better game than I think it is.

23Bison
09-09-2021, 06:55 PM
I call bullshit. It's not as bad as some of you retards make it out to be. At this point, I think some of you just reflexively bitch about the offense. Since 2003, you guys have been having the same bitch session almost game after game with the exception of the Messingham years. Vigen, Polacek (sp?), and TR have combined for 6 national titles. And before you say that it is only because we have superior players than everyone else, remember that recruiting and maintaining a championship culture are also on the coaches' shoulders.

Perfect playcalling lately? Of course not. Decent to good, you're damn right. NDSU tends to run a much more sophisticated system than most college teams in any level. Sure spring ball was a shitshow but hell, I wouldn't be surprised if aliens landed someday soon given the craziness that's been in the world over the last 18+ months. One "bad" season that was going to have an asterisk next to the champion in the record books anyway is the least of our worries.

Just STFU with this already.

First of all, fuck you and your fuckn name calling bullshit. Now I will apologize for that.
Second, the offense isn’t the sole reason that we had won championships in all of those years. Our D for the better part of everything has probably been a bigger part than our offense other than time of possession. The only exception in my mind is the Messingham years. Last year the special teams carried us. I’m not shitting on the score for the Albany game. A catch here and broken tackle there along with preventing them from scoring right before half and the score is what 42-0. I just firmly believe we are underachieving. The offense if good, but can be way better. My biggest gripe is that TR of all people is utilizing his own TE group the least in the passing game.

OrygunBison
09-09-2021, 07:15 PM
First of all, fuck you and your fuckn name calling bullshit. Now I will apologize for that.
Second, the offense isn’t the sole reason that we had won championships in all of those years. Our D for the better part of everything has probably been a bigger part than our offense other than time of possession. The only exception in my mind is the Messingham years. Last year the special teams carried us. I’m not shitting on the score for the Albany game. A catch here and broken tackle there along with preventing them from scoring right before half and the score is what 42-0. I just firmly believe we are underachieving. The offense if good, but can be way better. My biggest gripe is that TR of all people is utilizing his own TE group the least in the passing game.

Complimentary football. The Bison have won 8 (16) championships by being great defenders and having complimentary offense. For that to work well, a restrained and methodical approach is better than flash-bang. They've always endeavored to have long sustained drives that keep the opposition's offense off of the field while wearing out the opposing defense. It's a measured approach that has worked incredibly well. They recruit for it, practice for it, and play it in the games.

It's not just that the defense is so much better than the offense. Rather, the offense helps the defense through their execution of a thoughtful game plan.

The 2021 season is only one game old. To say that they can be better is silly, particularly this year given the craziness of the last 18 months. The fantastic thing is that they have a great roadmap that they can follow to improve, and clearly have the player skill/talent and coaching to help them to succeed.

...and you've all been bitching about TE usages for as long as I can remember...even through all of those championship years. While I certainly LOVE a strong TE game, I trust that the coaches understand the entire gameplan better than I do.

23Bison
09-09-2021, 07:20 PM
The bottom line is our offense relies heavily on the run game. We don’t typically pass for more than 200 ypg. Defense is “usually” awesome. Special teams has been pretty solid to great. Tyler, like Vigen and Polecek (sp) get tunnel vision. There is going to be bitching about certain game situations every game. Weather it’s penalties, defense or time clock management it’s always going to be there. For me the funnest team that I have watched was with Messingham.

OrygunBison
09-09-2021, 08:10 PM
Tyler, like Vigen and Polecek (sp) get tunnel vision.

Some might call that "sticking to the game plan".

I agree with you, however. The two Messingham years were fun to watch on offense. I think that 2019 was right up there, though.

I don't necessarily want to let TR off the hook. I'm just tired of everyone piling on as thought he's terrible and ripping on the other guys in similar positions that didn't do much other than win games and national championships. Shit, the Bison's worst season in "recent" memory was Spring 2021 when they only made it to the semi's. Perhaps a bit of perspective would be healthy.

BISONBRI53
09-09-2021, 08:21 PM

Remember some of those Brock years? Defensive players were calling out the offence on social media. Not anyone specific but calling them out...

Kevin
09-09-2021, 08:22 PM
Remember some of those Brock years? Defensive players were calling out the offence on social media. Not anyone specific but calling them out...

That was a shitshow. John Crockett got pissed and then they dealt with it in house after that.

BISONBRI53
09-09-2021, 10:02 PM
That was a shitshow. John Crockett got pissed and then they dealt with it in house after that.

Right... but what I was saying is that the offence hasn't always been lighting it up. Defense has carried us many years...

BISONBRI53
09-09-2021, 10:04 PM
Don't get me wrong... TR still sucks! =)

reformedUNDfan
09-09-2021, 10:49 PM
vigen finally had enough talent in 2013 and the offense was great.

NDSU92
09-09-2021, 10:54 PM
Yep, complimentary football is absolutely correct. Offense helps the defense, defense gets the offense back out on the field ASAP. It's why we have the most boring 4th quarters ever. Get up by a couple TDs and lean on the defense's front 7. Dominate TOP first 3 quarters and the 4th is a breeze. Works so well you could set your watch to it.

The best part is people complaining about the QB draw ON THE THIRD PLAY OF THE SEASON. I remember back when the first 15 plays of the game were scripted. Believe it or not, not every play is designed or planned to go for a TD.

Good news is, we'll improve as the season goes on. And we'll improve as the season goes on more than other teams do, just like we have for 11 years now. In two weeks I bet Watson catches that gimme TD, and we don't have our 2 slowest LBs in during prevent situations. 35-0, nice and boring