PDA

View Full Version : BISON Tickets for VETERANS

bisonfanette
08-31-2021, 04:39 PM
If you find yourself with extra Bison tickets and if you would like to donate them to VETERANS please call 701-899-2578. The online ticket transfer is the easiest option. I can walk you through that if you have not done it before. We just love to fill the seats & The veterans really appreciate your kindness!
I cannot transfer tickets the day of the game… because the veterans need more than a few hours notice. Thank you

bisonfanette
08-31-2021, 07:52 PM
Also, if you know of veterans who would like to get on the updated list, please have them call my number. Thank you!

bisonfanette
09-04-2021, 05:14 AM
127 tickets donated to veterans for the first game. I said I needed to shut down donations at 5 PM Friday,
and at 9 PM I made my last goBison transfer. A couple texts came in at 11:30 PM with 4 tickets each… but I’m not going to start contacting Vets on game day. All in all, it went well. A lot of very grateful veterans, thanks to the donations!

56BISON73
09-04-2021, 05:23 AM
127 tickets donated to veterans for the first game. I said I needed to shut down donations at 5 PM Friday,
and at 9 PM I made my last goBison transfer. A couple texts came in at 11:30 PM with 4 tickets each… but I’m not going to start contacting Vets on game day. All in all, it went well. A lot of very grateful veterans, thanks to the donations!

I called twice and left a message.

1979 Bison
09-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Thank you for all you do for the Veterans, Bisonfanette! I’m sure it takes a lot of your time to make the connections…the easy part for us is the donation of the ticket!

bisonfanette
09-07-2021, 08:52 AM
Dang! (Yes, I am reading this at 3:30 AM Tuesday) I have no idea what happened? The only thing I can think of is if I deleted voice messages to make room for new ones… and inadvertently deleted yours? Dang. I apologize. The only telephone calls I received last week were from Bison fans, Veterans, or puppy people! The telephone calls do get rather lengthy because some people have never done the ticket transfer. Once they learn, we are in the money!!!
The only problem are the Sat morning calls & I couldn’t hear the voice messages while in the tailgating lot. Some people text which is great, but it’s hard to get veterans with short notice. I have things to work on.

El_Chapo
09-07-2021, 12:09 PM
you have 5,000 veterans lined up for Saturday?

kab1one
09-07-2021, 06:17 PM
Bisonfanette

Has the media ever done a story on this? This is one of the best and unique projects being done for vets. Wider recognition is deserved and necessary.

Thanks ( spouse a retired major)

Kevin
09-07-2021, 06:20 PM
Bisonfanette

Has the media ever done a story on this? This is one of the best and unique projects being done for vets. Wider recognition is deserved and necessary.

Thanks ( spouse a retired major)

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4759133-Bison-superfan-collects-game-tickets-for-veterans

kab1one
09-08-2021, 04:09 PM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4759133-Bison-superfan-collects-game-tickets-for-veterans

Thanks

Very nice

southcliffbison
09-08-2021, 05:05 PM
you have 5,000 veterans lined up for Saturday?

What the hell is this supposed to mean ????? Stopping acting like a little piss ant.........

bisonfanette
09-08-2021, 11:21 PM
I would love a few more donations today rather than waiting until Friday (when all heck breaks loose!)
It’s just too hard to do it Saturday morning.
And to be honest with you, the only place that (Bison Tickets for Veterans) is advertised right now is on Facebook.
I’ve had a couple season ticket holders tell me that they googled it… and my post from good ole Bisonville appears!!!
Many Bison season ticket holders are not on Facebook. If you have suggestions on how to better advertise, I’m all ears.
There are many bison season ticket holders that don’t know this is even an option. (I just don’t want to go on the radio every week, as before.) I can send messages to the local radio stations & ask them to announce it.

HerdBot
09-09-2021, 03:51 AM
Thanks

Very nice

Wonder if Dom Izzo or Bison 1660 would give you a plug? Heck reach out to Ross Uglem from Bison Report

HerdBot
09-09-2021, 03:53 AM
Can you post the basic info again including your number, Facebook link and or gofundme site?

I don't see it in the thread. I'll email some of the media people for you

El_Chapo
09-09-2021, 04:00 AM
What the hell is this supposed to mean ????? Stopping acting like a little piss ant.........

that means there's going to be 5,000 no show's and Alana will be lining up thousands! :)

bisonfanette
09-09-2021, 04:14 AM
Happiness is transferring Bison row JJ football tickets to a Veteran at 10:45 PM, and they think it’s the best gift in the world!
Your ticket donations are truly special.

bisonfanette
09-09-2021, 04:24 AM
Can you post the basic info again including your number, Facebook link and or gofundme site?
I don't see it in the thread. I'll email some of the media people for you

Bison Tickets for Veterans
Alana Christensen 701-899-2578
On Facebook I regularly post info on:
North Dakota State bison ticket exchange
And
#1 NDSU Bison Fans
(The Bison Ticket for Veteran’s go fund me expired because of inactivity, Covid, but I can check and see if I can reactivate that account. Good suggestion because now it’s easy to purchase tickets and donate them to Veteran’s. I will check on that.)
When I have talked to the radio stations, they seem to announce it once, rather than 2-3 x’s a day for a few days before the game.

bisonfanette
09-09-2021, 04:50 AM

Go fund me has a happiness team! They will let me know if they can reactivate the account.

It was actually Ross Uglem’s suggestion to start a GoFundMe. He said there are people who are not season ticket holders who might like to purchase tickets for veterans. It was quite successful two years ago.

Back to the main topic, getting the word out -
There are a lot of season-ticket holder’s who aren’t aware of the “OPTION” to donate their unused tickets.
Someone tried to put informational cards on the tables at a teammakers luncheon a couple of years ago… that was a no go.

Bison Loaf
09-09-2021, 06:52 PM

Back to the main topic, getting the word out -
There are a lot of season-ticket holder’s who aren’t aware of the “OPTION” to donate their unused tickets.
Someone tried to put informational cards on the tables at a teammakers luncheon a couple of years ago… that was a no go.

I know this is a very generous offer, but feel free to use the Thunderstruck Makers' AC/DC thread to get the word out, Fanette. That ought to raise the level of awareness substantially! :nod:

And don't you worry about the cost. We'll bill you. :)

Loafy

bisonfanette
09-09-2021, 11:42 PM
I know this is a very generous offer, but feel free to use the Thunderstruck Makers' AC/DC thread to get the word out, Fanette. That ought to raise the level of awareness substantially! :nod:
And don't you worry about the cost. We'll bill you. :)
Loafy

Reassuring to know i can ALWAYS count on Loafy.

bisonfanette
09-10-2021, 12:42 PM
Yes, now I’m sending out massive numbers of texts to Veterans!
Looking for additional veterans to come to the game. (Not quite 5,000)
Feel free to send text messages to your veteran friends text 701-899-2578 for tickets.
I have a notebook with hundreds of veteran ph #s & that is very helpful.
Also many veteran service officers are helping and sending out messages and emails.
Working hard to fill the seats! A lot of ticket transfers to vets were made last night!

bisonfanette
09-11-2021, 12:43 AM
It just doesn’t let up!!! 132 tickets for veterans so far and now I have 12 additional tickets in my account… So I will send out a few more texts. The people who donated after 5 PM knew that I could not guarantee placement. The hardest part is teaching all of the ticket holders to do the online transfer. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard them say, but I have the tickets printed out…. 15 minutes later we are transferring tickets online! Project HART called and they have 15 veterans coming to the game so that’s good! On the flipside, many of the veterans have learned how to set up a gobison… so that helps! The older veterans, not a chance… Their tickets will be at the Will call window!

Thomas96
10-26-2021, 08:55 PM
It just doesn’t let up!!! 132 tickets for veterans so far and now I have 12 additional tickets in my account… So I will send out a few more texts. The people who donated after 5 PM knew that I could not guarantee placement. The hardest part is teaching all of the ticket holders to do the online transfer. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard them say, but I have the tickets printed out…. 15 minutes later we are transferring tickets online! Project HART called and they have 15 veterans coming to the game so that’s good! On the flipside, many of the veterans have learned how to set up a gobison… so that helps! The older veterans, not a chance… Their tickets will be at the Will call window!

I have 12 I am willing to donate-senior daughter swimming in her final conference meet. Can I just transfer them to your number? Thanks - my son is currently serving.

bisonfanette
10-27-2021, 04:03 AM
Yes the online ticket transfer and yes my number, 701-899-2578.
Did you say 12?!!! That is the largest number of tickets at one time ever donated! Amazing!
Thank you so much for this generous gift!!!

Hammerhead
10-29-2021, 02:18 AM
My dad has one of your free tickets. Since he grew up before TV and went to a small school the first football game he watched was when he went to the Cotton Bowl with others from his base.

bisonfanette
10-30-2021, 04:58 AM
I have 12 I am willing to donate-senior daughter swimming in her final conference meet. Can I just transfer them to your number? Thanks - my son is currently serving.

Your ticket donation was phenomenal! It was darn tempting to find a veteran and move from the end zone for one game, but that’s not going to happen! The veterans were thrilled. Thank you! 127 tickets were shared with veterans as of tonight. Thank you for your generous donations! Go Bison!

westnodak93bison
10-30-2021, 04:30 PM
I've got 6 tickets to give away to a vet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bisonfanette
10-30-2021, 05:36 PM
I've got 6 tickets to give away to a vet.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m sorry. The only way I would see your messages if you would text my phone number. 137 tickets were transferred as of this morning and we are done. Thank you so much for your donations and consideration. Thank you

bisonfanette
12-09-2021, 06:00 PM
Bison Nation - Many thanks for over 700 tickets that were donated during the six regular season games!
I wasn’t anticipating too many donations during playoffs, but I do have 14+ veterans on the waiting list who would love to take a guest and attend the game this Saturday. I posted on Facebook, that if anyone has unused tickets, and if they would like to donate to a veteran please call or text 701-899-2578. (I will not see Bisonville Messages in a timely fashion, so please text or call.) Thank you!

bisonfanette
12-10-2021, 01:15 AM
We have a very generous ticket donor in our midst! Thank you to the special donor who purchased tickets (online) for veterans & their guests! Not the first time he has done this! VERY much appreciated!
(Just for kicks, some of the Vets who are going to the game have served:
32 years AF, 29 years NDNG, 21 years Air NG, 8 years Army, 30 years Air Force)

HerdBot
12-10-2021, 01:33 AM
We have a very generous ticket donor in our midst! Thank you to the special donor who purchased tickets (online) for veterans & their guests! Not the first time he has done this! VERY much appreciated!
(Just for kicks, some of the Vets who are going to the game have served:
32 years AF, 29 years NDNG, 21 years Air NG, 8 years Army, 30 years Air Force)

Bravo �� �� ��

Thomas96
12-10-2021, 01:56 PM
I just sent 8 your way-we will be cheering on my daughter this weekend and are unable to join. Thanks again for this-giving back to our Veterans is so cool.

Mr Meaty
12-10-2021, 02:04 PM
I just sent two to this morning and she has like 20 vets still waiting for tickets. Lets all help get more butts in the seats.

bisonfanette
12-10-2021, 03:03 PM
I just sent 8 your way-we will be cheering on my daughter this weekend and are unable to join. Thanks again for this-giving back to our Veterans is so cool.

Thomas! WE can’t thank you enough! When I saw the transfer thru Ndsu this morning, I was wondering how to thank the donor? An older Marine & his wife, will be sitting in two of your section 1 seats! (I’m a tad jealous!) He is Excited & Grateful!

bisonfanette
12-10-2021, 03:08 PM
I just sent two to this morning and she has like 20 vets still waiting for tickets. Lets all help get more butts in the seats.

Thank you! A Veteran & Veteran service officer will be using your tickets & he knows how to look at the seating chart and he might go over to section 12 and try to sit LARGE in that section!!! Thank you!

bisonfanette
12-11-2021, 01:40 AM
All tickets were transferred for this game & we are done! Thank you!

bisonfanette
09-01-2022, 03:43 PM
Bison Tickets for veterans is up and running! Please help get the word out to the season-ticket holders that if they have extra tickets and if they would like to donate them to a veteran, please call 701-899-2578. Likewise, if you are a veteran and if you would like to get your name on the updated list please call the same number! I’m going to ask that all ticket transfers happen the day before the game by 5 PM. Otherwise it’s just too hard to give Veterans such a last-minute notice.
(On a sidenote, I’m very sad because I need to miss my first bison home football game due to a wedding. Have a Great Home Opener!)

bisonfanette
09-09-2022, 05:37 AM
An update: Bison tickets for veterans!
92 tickets were donated last week for the home opener for veterans! These Vets were thrilled to attend!
Thank you to those who Donated Tickets or shared info. Much appreciated.
I need to set a deadline of Friday by 6 PM for ticket transfers. We need to be sure to give the Vets enough time to plan their day! Go Bison!

Rock
09-09-2022, 10:06 AM
92 tickets were donated last week for the home opener for veterans! These Vets were thrilled to attend!
I need to set a deadline of Friday by 6 PM for ticket transfers. We need to be sure to give the Vets enough time to plan their day! Go Bison!

Thank you for doing this every year Fanette. Told my dad about it and he participated a couple years ago and loved it.

As “super” fans we take for granted the novelty and fun of game tickets. People love what you do. Great thankless work. [emoji6]

56BISON73
09-09-2022, 07:49 PM

Ive got 2 to donate. What number do I use?

dewey
09-09-2022, 10:00 PM
Ive got 2 to donate. What number do I use?

Hey b-oline. Check out post #1 & #38 in this thread.

Dewey

56BISON73
09-09-2022, 11:27 PM
Hey b-oline. Check out post #1 & #38 in this thread.

Dewey

Already done

bisonfanette
09-10-2022, 03:56 AM
Hi, as you can imagine it went crazy after 4pm. I wasn’t able to watch Bisonville. Sorry. Nice donations. Many appreciative veterans! A Vietnam veteran (Purple Heart recipient) is coming to the game. Veterans who have served from 10 to 20 years are coming! Many lengthy phone conversations as they talk about their service. Takes about 30 minutes to teach some of them how to get a gobison account… but it’s worth it… to access future tickets easily. Sometimes tickets are transferred (donated) to me (late Friday nite) without any conversation. So now I have tickets available again for Vets. 701-899-2578 call or text & tell your veteran friends! Thank you so much for your generous donations!!!

bisonfanette
12-13-2022, 07:44 PM
Hello everyone! On Facebook a couple of days ago I posted three points:
It’s the season of Giving!
It’s our a privilege to Honor Veterans!
It’s our desire to fill seats for the BISON!
If you would like to donate or purchase a ticket or two for a veteran, please consider this your invitation!
16 tickets were donated last night and I have 15 to 25 veterans on the list so far, who would love to attend the game Friday night if possible. For those of you on Facebook, feel free to check out my public post on my personal Facebook page and share it. If you’d like to purchase a ticket or two, simply purchase Mobile tickets on gobison.com. Then push the transfer button if you’d like to transfer them to me, and I will get them to the Veteran. Alana CHRISTENSEN, 701-899-2578.
Thank you for your consideration. Go Bison!

bisonfanette
02-11-2023, 03:51 PM
My heart is breaking… because one of our veteran friends has been placed on hospice. And how he LOVED Bison Football!
Our World War II Veteran friend, Bob, who thoroughly enjoyed the hotdogs, popcorn, & especially the camaraderie with other Bison fans, spoke highly of going to the games! I will always remember his voice & his words when he would call:
“Atlanta, do you have a ticket for me? If you have a ticket for me I could meet you at the fleet farm parking lot!”
Game after game, we would meet him at his home or at the fleet farm parking lot! Yesterday when I received the call I went to Sanford Hospital on Broadway. He talked a lot about football. He said, “Boy we had some good times, didn’t we?!!”
We sure did Bob!!! Thank you so much, Bison Nation, for making this possible! Alana

mtoutfitter
02-25-2023, 02:36 PM
My heart is breaking… because one of our veteran friends has been placed on hospice. And how he LOVED Bison Football!
Our World War II Veteran friend, Bob, who thoroughly enjoyed the hotdogs, popcorn, & especially the camaraderie with other Bison fans, spoke highly of going to the games! I will always remember his voice & his words when he would call:
“Atlanta, do you have a ticket for me? If you have a ticket for me I could meet you at the fleet farm parking lot!”
Game after game, we would meet him at his home or at the fleet farm parking lot! Yesterday when I received the call I went to Sanford Hospital on Broadway. He talked a lot about football. He said, “Boy we had some good times, didn’t we?!!”
We sure did Bob!!! Thank you so much, Bison Nation, for making this possible! Alana

Hats off to that fella Fanette! His generation truly was the greatest!!

bisonfanette
03-04-2023, 04:00 PM
Hats off to that fella Fanette! His generation truly was the greatest!!

Isn’t that the truth! Bob Shirley passed away Thurs. Mar. 2. He was able to talk about how he enjoyed Bison games up until a week before his passing. In his words, “God, we had fun didn’t we!” I’ll be going to his funeral this week. Thank you so much for supplying the tickets and blessing these Veterans.

bisonfanette
03-11-2023, 02:11 PM
WWll Veteran & Bison Fan, Bob Shirley - RIP

56BISON73
03-11-2023, 07:37 PM

He was a Pharmacist Mate---Corpsman

Fair winds and following seas shipmate!

mtoutfitter
03-11-2023, 08:55 PM

Yes Rest in Peace Sailor! Big salute from me.

bisonfanette
09-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Home opener 2023 - 110 tickets donated so far to veterans, police officers and first responders.

I find myself missing WW2 Bob today. He would always call a couple days before the game and he would ask,
“Atlanta!!! Do you have a ticket for me for the big game?”
I miss those telephone calls….

bisonfanette
10-24-2023, 09:57 PM
Hello - As of now, I have 24 Veterans on the waiting list, plus an additional 10 veterans from the Veterans administration healthcare system (VA Medical Center) who are hoping for tickets to attend the game this Saturday the 28th. You are more than welcome to go on my personal Facebook page and share this info, or NDSU Ticket Exchange or #1 Ndsu Bison Fans on Facebook. Feel free to share the information with your Veteran friends, as well as police officers and first responders. I would like to have a healthier waiting list this week! Yes, ticket donations are appreciated as well. Here is some information that I have shared on Facebook. Thank you!
Alana CHRISTENSEN 701-899-2578 (always call or text please)

bisonfanette
10-25-2023, 01:59 PM
I could sure use some higher elevation, ticket donations, such as AA-KK!
Such as … nine tickets. I have veterans who would love to come through the door, but they just need a ticket for entry.
They will not be sitting in the seat.

bisonfanette
10-25-2023, 05:13 PM
I could sure use some higher elevation, ticket donations, such as AA-KK!
Such as … nine tickets. I have veterans who would love to come through the door, but they just need a ticket for entry.
They will not be sitting in the seat.

OK this is weird because I’m replying to my own post… BUT I just have to tell you that someone (S.Miller) donated 13 tickets and I can’t wait to call the VA Medical Center to tell the Veterans, “ Get ready, you’re going to see the BISON!!!”
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the generous donation!

bisonfanette
10-26-2023, 06:38 PM
Requesting assistance please! Due to the weather to the west, the donations are becoming plentiful! Will you please spread the word to the following groups of people, informing them that complementary Bison Tickets are available!
VETERANS - LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS - FIRST RESPONDERS
If you would share this information on your personal Facebook page, that would be helpful.
I will include an image….

bisonfanette
10-27-2023, 02:58 AM
82 tickets transferred today but it feels like 200. Gosh I must be getting old. You spend half the time teaching people how to set up a goBison account. I’ve had some wonderful donations of anywhere between two and 13 tickets so if you know of anyone who would like to take their family to A Bison game this would be a wonderful opportunity! Veterans, law enforcement officers, first responders. 701-899-2578. Right now I need recipients… thank you.

bisonfanette
11-08-2023, 02:57 PM

86. Tickets were placed yesterday to veterans and first responders but now I need additional veterans and first responders. Of course, this includes all law enforcement officers, fire department, ambulance services = ALL First Responders!
If you have a Facebook page, and if you would kindly share the information that Bison season-ticket holders have complementary tickets available for these people, I would appreciate your sharing the info. At this time I need recipients! Thank you! 701-899-2578

bisonfanette
11-10-2023, 03:11 AM
Thank you to the Ticket Donors!
Tuesday, 86 Tickets Donated and transferred.
Wednesday, 56 Tickets Donated and transferred.
Thursday, 94 tickets donated and transferred.
I’m not accepting any more ticket donations at this time.
If you are a veteran or a first responder, please call 701-899-2578.

El_Chapo
11-10-2023, 10:20 PM
https://x.com/fargovahcs/status/1723033969975775340?s=20

This is an AWESOME picture TODAY of the NDSU football team!