THEsocalledfan
08-27-2021, 05:05 PM
discuss

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1431300975353081858

Kevin
08-27-2021, 05:06 PM
discuss

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1431300975353081858

I hope the kid can ball. I'm excited to see what he brings. Some of those runs on his tape from VT could be perfect for what we were missing last year.

Bison 4 Life
08-27-2021, 05:07 PM
This was the schedule I was promised.

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟔: The Returner
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟑: The Transfer
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟑𝟎: The Freshmen
𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟔: The Starter

HerdBot
08-27-2021, 05:08 PM
Our offense is the best when we have a running threat like Easton or Trey. It's really evolved over the years. Quincy is an elite athlete. Like ELITE. Of course if he can't pass than it doesn't matter but I trust the coaching staff to get him ready. He has the arm. Let's see how much he has improved

The good news is Cam will have the ability to step in.

TAILG8R
08-27-2021, 05:08 PM
https://vimeo.com/592509062

HerdBot
08-27-2021, 05:10 PM
We didn't even get to the "The Newcomer" episode yet.

It's coming on Monday but you don't see true freshman start at NDSU unless it's a really weird situation like last year where we lost a sophomore to the NFL draft. His time time will come

Kevin
08-27-2021, 05:12 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing QP throw the ball, especially in those 3rd and long situations. If he be even mostly competent in those situations he'll be a stud for us with his running ability. I still think the southpaw might be the more rounded prospect but I'm also happy to let him learn the system for a year. I also hope he gets to see some semi-meaningful time given the 4 game grace period he has.

Of course absolutely none of that matters if we call plays like we did last year.

HerdBot
08-27-2021, 05:13 PM
In case you missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyzJ2HNbIK0

El_Chapo
08-27-2021, 05:14 PM
It's coming on Monday but you don't see true freshman start at NDSU unless it's a really weird situation like last year where we lost a sophomore to the NFL draft. His time time will come

They HAD to announce QP1 before that episode comes out so us fans don't start a controversy when we all see Cole Payton sling the rock like KENNY FUCKING STABLER!!

and yes Congrats to Quincy. go 15-0 & get drafted young man

Kevin
08-27-2021, 05:18 PM
They HAD to announce QP1 before that episode comes out so us fans don't start a controversy when we all see Cole Payton sling the rock like fucking Steve Young...

Is Cole a Mormon like Steve?

If not can someone convert him? I think it'll help.

HerdBot
08-27-2021, 05:24 PM
They HAD to announce QP1 before that episode comes out so us fans don't start a controversy when we all see Cole Payton sling the rock like KENNY FUCKING STABLER!!

I dunno man. If they saw the video of his calves, they might bust a nut

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2021, 05:26 PM

That was a fantastic interview. Man, he sure comes off as an very well spoken, intelligent young man. Reminds me of Easton, honestly. I can't wait for him to tear it up!

HerdBot
08-27-2021, 05:28 PM
That was a fantastic interview. Man, he sure comes off as an very well spoken, intelligent young man. Reminds me of Easton, honestly. I can't wait for him to tear it up!

He's definitely a grown ass man. I'm really rooting for him. He's very likeable.

oldmantutters
08-27-2021, 05:32 PM
"Wentz QP is going to rip the Valley a new asshole this year!!"
-BisoninNWMN oldmantutters

El_Chapo
08-27-2021, 05:42 PM
"Wentz QP is going to rip the Valley a new asshole this year!!"
-BisoninNWMN oldmantutters

hahaha. nice

Gully
08-27-2021, 06:48 PM
I'm excited to watch him play. If he can get to 60% completion or better, look out.

Gully
08-27-2021, 07:18 PM
Finally listened to the interview....what a likeable young man. He'll be easy to root for.

bri-dog
08-27-2021, 07:19 PM
Finally listened to the interview....what a likeable young man. He'll be easy to route for.

Hopefully the WRs agree...

EC8CH
08-27-2021, 07:21 PM
No surprise here. Hope he tears it up this season and Cole Payton nips at his heals with his thick ass calves and pushes for the starting spot next season.

HerdBot
08-27-2021, 07:31 PM
No surprise here. Hope he tears it up this season and Cole Payton nips at his heals with his thick ass calves and pushes for the starting spot next season.

Tony... you should add "Thick Ass Calves" to the Bisonville dictionary

Gully
08-27-2021, 07:39 PM
Hopefully the WRs agree...

LOL, you're on a role and I can't spell!

Gully
08-27-2021, 07:42 PM
LOL, you're on a role and I can't spell!

opps, I did it again. I should have said, "you're on a Roehl" :)

StL Bison Fan
08-27-2021, 07:45 PM
Perhaps we will run the d**m ball.

Herd
08-27-2021, 08:03 PM
I was a little lukewarm on the upcoming season, thinking it would be a continuation of Spring. Not anymore, I'm a 10. Get me some Valpo tickets. Im in!

DCinOK
08-27-2021, 09:28 PM
I will be QP's biggest fan, but absolutely yes, I wish he had been a Bison out of high school, rather than a transfer. A lot of us here have spent the Dynasty making fun of schools who are built around Transfers. I don't see that much here anymore. Lectures about it being "a new college football landscape" due to transfer portals, etc...do not move me. I prefer what I call "Born and Raised Bison."

TAILG8R
08-27-2021, 09:31 PM
I will be QP's biggest fan, but absolutely yes, I wish he had been a Bison out of high school, rather than a transfer. A lot of us here have spent the Dynasty making fun of schools who are built around Transfers. I don't see that much here anymore. Lectures about it being "a new college football landscape" due to transfer portals, etc...do not move me. I prefer what I call "Born and Raised Bison."I can mostly agree with this. It feels weird having a transfer take in such a high profile position.

For me it was always a pride thing of winning with "our athletes" and not relying on drop downs. Still would prefer it that way but like you said I'm all for QPII to succeed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
08-27-2021, 10:39 PM
I'll be watching closely how he hands off to the RB straight up the gut on 1st down. Then, can he pivot correctly to hand off to the WR on the jet sweep on 2nd down. Finally, on 3rd and 9, can he get 10 yards for the 1st down. Roehl has got to call plays designed for his strengths and USE THE FREAKING TEs!!! Congrats to Quincy, MD (Master of Destruction)

tjbison
08-27-2021, 10:46 PM
I can mostly agree with this. It feels weird having a transfer take in such a high profile position.

For me it was always a pride thing of winning with "our athletes" and not relying on drop downs. Still would prefer it that way but like you said I'm all for QPII to succeed.

Needless to say..QP probably isn't here if Trey didn't get drafted

EC8CH
08-28-2021, 12:03 AM
I'll be watching closely how he hands off to the RB straight up the gut on 1st down. Then, can he pivot correctly to hand off to the WR on the jet sweep on 2nd down. Finally, on 3rd and 9, can he get 10 yards for the 1st down. Roehl has got to call plays designed for his strengths and USE THE FREAKING TEs!!! Congrats to Quincy, MD (Master of Destruction)

I'll be watching his calf development.

Hola
08-28-2021, 12:16 AM
I'll be watching his calf development.

Nice. Well played.

23Bison
08-28-2021, 12:33 AM
Now that we know who the starting QB is, can we for the love of all that is holy get some production out of this position? Something other than throwing INTs and last second of the half Hail Marys. Just good solid QB play that results in lots of points (for our team) and a curb stomping of all opponents in our way.

The End

bisonaudit
08-28-2021, 01:25 AM
Now that we know who the starting QB is, can we for the love of all that is holy get some production out of this position? Something other than throwing INTs and last second of the half Hail Marys. Just good solid QB play that results in lots of points (for our team) and a curb stomping of all opponents in our way.

The End

It hasn’t even happened yet and I’m already fatigued.

123Gobison
08-28-2021, 01:36 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chris Klieman's OC Tim Polasek , ran Easton into the ground by making him run 9 times out of 10 every game

Now Matt Entz's OC Tyler Roehl, will do the same thing, run QP into the ground by calling running plays.

History repeating. I hope not.

mtoutfitter
08-28-2021, 01:40 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chris Klieman's OC Tim Polasek , ran Easton into the ground by making him run 9 times out of 10 every game

Now Matt Entz's OC Tyler Roehl, will do the same thing, run QP into the ground by calling running plays.

History repeating. I hope not.

Wow...How is it that Stick is first in Bison history for passing yds and second in passing attempts?

bisonaudit
08-28-2021, 01:42 AM
Wow...How is it that Stick is first in Bison history for passing yds and second in passing attempts?

We sure have come a long way from singing “Run the option” in the student section.

56BISON73
08-28-2021, 02:01 AM
I can mostly agree with this. It feels weird having a transfer take in such a high profile position.

Because Tre left early the QB room didnt have time to develop as in the past. I agree it does feel weird.

Grizzled
08-28-2021, 02:17 AM
lol if you think they brought him in to be a backup. This was never up for debate.

Twincitybizon
08-28-2021, 02:51 AM
lol if you think they brought him in to be a backup. This was never up for debate.

Did they being in Zeb to be a backup? Similar programs with VT and Iowa State. I think they would (try) to play the best guy.

23Bison
08-28-2021, 03:37 AM
The real question is: Can QP be the next Bison QB to get drafted? Oh I’m not done… The immediate following question is: Can Cam Miller be the 5th Bison QB to get drafted?? That’s where the real story lies. If even one of those things happens then the Bison are still winning titles and UND still sucks ass.

THE END.

56BISON73
08-28-2021, 03:52 AM
The real question is: Can QP be the next Bison QB to get drafted? Oh I’m not done… The immediate following question is: Can Cam Miller be the 5th Bison QB to get drafted?? That’s where the real story lies. If even one of those things happens then the Bison are still winning titles and UND still sucks ass.

THE END.

UND will always suck ass regardless of were the Bison are.

Grizzled
08-28-2021, 03:52 AM
Did they being in Zeb to be a backup? Similar programs with VT and Iowa State. I think they would (try) to play the best guy.

Zen and QP aren’t similar players. Program has nothing to do with it.

TAILG8R
08-28-2021, 01:54 PM

I think they brought him in because they needed depth BAD and they were hoping he would improve on his 40% completion rate. If not he could run 65% of the time and MAYBE still be better than the production we got last year.

HerdBot
08-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Because Tre left early the QB room didnt have time to develop as in the past. I agree it does feel weird.

This

There was never a plan to have your rock star QB play 1 season and then be a 1st round pick

Having a transfer is just as weird as having a true freshman play who was put into an impossible situation

EC8CH
08-28-2021, 02:20 PM
Bison last year were a victim of their own success plain and simple combined with odd covid year. No way to plan for a sophomore QB leaving because of an odd covid year and declaring for the NFL. Cole Payton was the plan but they needed a bridge to get us there.

HerdBot
08-28-2021, 02:23 PM

Ross asked him about FBS and he basically said the only difference is depth and the recruiting piece where Power 5 teams have over the top pitches and "waterfalls in the locker room." That made me chuckle :rofl:

So when I post we need to add a shell basement to the IPF for some future crazy player lounge... that's what I'm talking about. It's going to be the next facilities war

AKBison
08-28-2021, 02:26 PM

THE END.

My hunch is Cam transfers...

EC8CH
08-28-2021, 02:31 PM

Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't blame him either. I'd say if Payton wins the spot next one or two years, Miller likely transfers.

HerdBot
08-28-2021, 02:33 PM

Tough to say because Cam himself said he didn't expect to play much until he was and junior (pre Trey obviously) and as of today, he is 1 play away from being the starter

I know this much. If he were to play today, he would be way better than last year. Night and day.

NDSU92
08-28-2021, 03:11 PM
Maybe you don’t plan for your QB to be so good he leaves early, but you better damn well have a plan if he blows his knee or breaks an arm. COVID was obviously the amplifying factor but still, everyone dealt with that.

The way we lost our QB was ridiculous, but you can’t tell me that if Trey got hurt in 2019 we just would’ve shrugged and folded camp. We’re a better program than to not have a serviceable backup QB.

EC8CH
08-28-2021, 03:19 PM
Maybe you don’t plan for your QB to be so good he leaves early, but you better damn well have a plan if he blows his knee or breaks an arm. COVID was obviously the amplifying factor but still, everyone dealt with that.

The way we lost our QB was ridiculous, but you can’t tell me that if Trey got hurt in 2019 we just would’ve shrugged and folded camp. We’re a better program than to not have a serviceable backup QB.

Enough to get into playoffs and win a game. That would be a great success for most programs with their backup QB. Unfortunately for NDSU the bar is ridiculously high. What they accomplished with stick when Wentz went down was insane and made possible in part because Wentz was a senior and it only moved up timing by a year.

ZHerd
08-28-2021, 03:34 PM
Enough to get into playoffs and win a game. That would be a great success for most programs with their backup QB. Unfortunately for NDSU the bar is ridiculously high. What they accomplished with stick when Wentz went down was insane and made possible in part because Wentz was a senior and it only moved up timing by a year.

And the defense that year was nasty late and through postseason. Stick did enough to beat UNI in playoffs that year but the defense was really tough to score on even when our offense struggled. We didn’t have a D like that last year

EC8CH
08-28-2021, 03:41 PM
And the defense that year was nasty late and through postseason. Stick did enough to beat UNI in playoffs that year but the defense was really tough to score on even when our offense struggled. We didn’t have a D like that last year

Very true. All around NDSU was down last year compared to the Wentz wrist injury year. Just didn't have the team last year to compensate for an unexpected replacement of starting QB.

TAILG8R
08-30-2021, 01:32 PM
Hokie blog about QP
https://www.gobblercountry.com/2021/8/28/22646578/former-vt-qb-quincy-patterson-named-starter-at-north-dakota-state

THEsocalledfan
08-30-2021, 01:42 PM
Hokie blog about QP
https://www.gobblercountry.com/2021/8/28/22646578/former-vt-qb-quincy-patterson-named-starter-at-north-dakota-state

Tons of folks must read that.....zero comments.

DePereBisonFan
08-30-2021, 02:24 PM
I am not feeling very optimistic about this season. I hope QP proves me wrong. I think it's not so much him I am concerned about; Mostly I am curious how Entz and Roehl will do this year. It's just six months ago that SIU beat us by more than 3 touchdowns.

NDSU92
08-30-2021, 02:39 PM
I am not feeling very optimistic about this season. I hope QP proves me wrong. I think it's not so much him I am concerned about; Mostly I am curious how Entz and Roehl will do this year. It's just six months ago that SIU beat us by more than 3 touchdowns.

From a talent standpoint this is probably one of our most loaded teams ever. The bad news is that a lot of that talent is young and somewhat inexperienced.

The good news is that the talent is young.

Kevin
08-30-2021, 02:49 PM

I hope there's a short leash in regards to play calling.

I'm worried that if QP is fairly one dimensional that it's going to get worse.

I'm hopeful that if he's the tank we think he is, it won't matter. It didn't when Trey was running the ball.

Excited to see it all play out.

HerdBot
08-30-2021, 02:56 PM
I hope there's a short leash in regards to play calling.

I'm worried that if QP is fairly one dimensional that it's going to get worse.

I'm hopeful that if he's the tank we think he is, it won't matter. It didn't when Trey was running the ball.

Excited to see it all play out.

They'll ease him into it. Wouldn't surprise me if Cam is slightly ahead at playbook knowledge just because of experience, but they know QP2 has way more upside and they will be building towards it as the season progresses.

23Bison
08-30-2021, 03:01 PM
Hasn’t QP been here as long as Cam. In sense, they should have the same amount of playbook knowledge. Obviously the in game experience with that playbook goes to Cam.

BISONBRI53
08-30-2021, 04:00 PM
They'll ease him into it. Wouldn't surprise me if Cam is slightly ahead at playbook knowledge just because of experience, but they know QP2 has way more upside and they will be building towards it as the season progresses.

They were both on the team last year. QP was in the QB room with CM. They didn't just have him run the scout team.

23Bison
08-30-2021, 04:21 PM
Also remember that Cam didn’t beat out QP last year. QP was ineligible due to transfer rules. For all we know, he could have won the starting role outright from Zeb.

Bison 4 Life
08-30-2021, 04:26 PM
From a talent standpoint this is probably one of our most loaded teams ever. The bad news is that a lot of that talent is young and somewhat inexperienced.

Talent + Hedberg seems to be working out so far.

HerdBot
08-30-2021, 05:47 PM
They were both on the team last year. QP was in the QB room with CM. They didn't just have him run the scout team.

Big difference between running the scout team and the offense with the 1st team

I would bet they gave him some reps though

bison_by_blood
08-30-2021, 08:47 PM

14 or 15 seniors starting vs Albany. QP is really the only starter that hasn’t played. Only one freshman on the entire 2 deep. Not sure we are as young as you think.

HerdBot
08-30-2021, 09:02 PM
14 or 15 seniors starting vs Albany. QP is really the only starter that hasn’t played. Only one freshman on the entire 2 deep. Not sure we are as young as you think.

I agree, we're experienced and loaded on offense. Some of the positions we are experienced but I question the talent level more than the experience level. I won't get into specific names but if they look the same as they did in the spring, we could be in trouble. If they improved dramatically, we could be as good as any time in recent history.

NDSU92
08-30-2021, 09:02 PM

Meant young in terms of remaining eligibility everyone has an extra year

TAILG8R
08-30-2021, 09:24 PM

Last year all we heard about week in and week out was that we had like 14-15 r-fr or fr starting. I would say that's pretty young. With some players that were out in the spring back and a couple transfers the depth chart looks a little better in terms of youth. Plus all those fr are now soph. have have played a decent amount of football.

THEsocalledfan
01-11-2022, 05:09 PM
Great news, Quincy literally just told Andy on the Insiders he will be back next year!!!!

Love this kid; in an era of quitters, he is sticking with it.

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 05:18 PM
Great news, Quincy literally just told Andy on the Insiders he will be back next year!!!!

Awesome. Glad he's coming back.

THEsocalledfan
01-11-2022, 05:19 PM
Awesome. Glad he's coming back.

And kudos to Andy R. for having the balls to ask......I was impressed with that, when I'm often critical of him.

Kevin
01-11-2022, 05:22 PM
If we have to run QB power 30 times a game he's the guy I want doing it. Glad to see he's sticking around.

Now can we please put in a wrinkle like Montana State ran against us with the fake draw into a slant route?

mtoutfitter
01-11-2022, 05:26 PM
If we have to run QB power 30 times a game he's the guy I want doing it. Glad to see he's sticking around.

Now can we please put in a wrinkle like Montana State ran against us with the fake draw into a slant route?

They did something similiar with John Crockett a few times IIRC. Also pretty sure T Lance did it as well.

HerdBot
01-11-2022, 05:27 PM

That's huge and a great problem to have! We got 2 QBs who we can win with and we're always just a snap away from an injury. I'm excited to see how Quincy progresses after another year. Things start to click year 2. But also Cam will progress over the next year and that's a pretty scary problem for defenses. No matter what happens, it's clear he needs to touch the football in some capacity.

Kevin
01-11-2022, 05:40 PM
They did something similiar with John Crockett a few times IIRC. Also pretty sure T Lance did it as well.

There was one qp play where Montana state sent all 11

EC8CH
01-11-2022, 05:46 PM

Saving that for Arizona bro.

HerdBot
01-11-2022, 05:51 PM

That was a great RPO play

unbison
01-11-2022, 05:53 PM
Saving that for Arizona bro.

We don’t need to save anything for them and we will most likely show very little they are garbage

Twincitybizon
01-11-2022, 06:03 PM
We don’t need to save anything for them and we will most likely show very little they are garbage

Yeah but they're fancy garbage, like rotten crepes.

bisonaudit
01-11-2022, 06:07 PM
Yeah but they're fancy garbage, like rotten crepes.

crepes are street food.

Bisonator98
01-11-2022, 06:17 PM
Hopefully he works on the jugs machine.;)

OrygunBison
01-11-2022, 06:21 PM
Hopefully he works on the jugs machine.;)

We just lost Izzy.

OrygunBison
01-11-2022, 06:26 PM

Indeed. I hope we don't sell the farm just to have an impressive showing against such a shitty team. Arizona would have been in the lower half of the MVFC this year. Hopefully they're better next year and of course "any given Saturday" and all that but we should not be planning ahead for that game more than we would for UNI or SDSU, for sure.

Twincitybizon
01-11-2022, 07:03 PM
Fargo thinks Chick-fil-A is fancy soooo just go with it man

23Bison
01-11-2022, 07:18 PM
Wait, it’s not?!

Hammerhead
01-11-2022, 07:20 PM
We just lost Izzy.

I always snicker when I hear "jugs machine" because I have the humor of a 12-year-old.

WeAreThePride
01-11-2022, 07:51 PM
I always snicker when I hear "jugs machine" because I have the humor of a 12-year-old.

Hehe.

Jugs.

MangyOldBison
01-11-2022, 07:56 PM

Great news and excellent report!

Minimum8Pete
01-12-2022, 01:26 PM

Who knows rules about transferring? I heard on the AP College football podcast that they thought players get ONE free transfer and it looks like Quincy used his for us. Can he do it again?
They must offer waivers on this or something

bisonaudit
01-12-2022, 01:47 PM
Who knows rules about transferring? I heard on the AP College football podcast that they thought players get ONE free transfer and it looks like Quincy used his for us. Can he do it again?

Didn’t the last guy transfer twice?

B.Schlossman Fan Club
01-12-2022, 01:54 PM
Didn’t the last guy transfer twice?

Nolan’s sat a year I believe

tolnabison
01-12-2022, 02:00 PM

1. Quincy transferred down last year (FBS to FCS), which doesn't require you to sit out.
2. New NCAA rules gives players a one time transfer that doesn't require a player to sit out (no matter level of transfers, example: D2 to FCS, FCS to FCS, FCS to FBS, FBS to FBS)
3. So since Quincy's first transfer didn't require him to sit, he still has his one time transfer with out sitting requirement in his pocket if he chose to transfer to another FCS school or back up to an FBS school.
4. Also, if Quincy graduates, then he can transfer to another school as a grad transfer if the school has a masters program in his field without having to sit out.

SlickVic
01-16-2022, 08:22 AM
loves me some quincy reminds me of the daryl clark days at PSU future is bring for #2

scbison91
01-16-2022, 01:42 PM
Nolan’s sat a year I believeNo he didn't. He transferred from fbs to fcs and played for gamecocks a post grad. Both cases don't require to sit out a year.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

jcdcubs
01-16-2022, 07:44 PM
Quincy may have horsepower but he runs like a slow horse. A horse can't catch the ball.

NDSU92
01-16-2022, 08:25 PM
"Runs like a slow horse"

lmao what does that even mean

HerdBot
01-16-2022, 09:12 PM
Quincy may have horsepower but he runs like a slow horse. A horse can't catch the ball.

He lead the team in rushing yards if you remove sack yardage. I thought he started out the season running a bit soft for a big guy, but improved week after week. Versus UND, a defender hit him and then had to leave the game with a neck injury. By the Championship game, he was running very physical and was the only QB I've ever see who is so strong, he gets a personal foul on a face mask. That actually made me laugh. Never seen that before

And as far as catching goes... he's 0-1. I doubt we'll see much of him on the passing game unless he can develop some skills

But he's improving as a skilled player and we haven't scratched the surface. He trained as a QB. I kind of wonder if he might be a little quicker if he slims down a little. A good comparison is Luepke, who dropped 10 pounds but be was quicker. Quincy running straight ahead sure ain't a problem. He's fast

Rixen
01-18-2022, 03:21 PM
He lead the team in rushing yards if you remove sack yardage. I thought he started out the season running a bit soft for a big guy, but improved week after week. Versus UND, a defender hit him and then had to leave the game with a neck injury. By the Championship game, he was running very physical and was the only QB I've ever see who is so strong, he gets a personal foul on a face mask. That actually made me laugh. Never seen that before

And as far as catching goes... he's 0-1. I doubt we'll see much of him on the passing game unless he can develop some skills

But he's improving as a skilled player and we haven't scratched the surface. He trained as a QB. I kind of wonder if he might be a little quicker if he slims down a little. A good comparison is Luepke, who dropped 10 pounds but be was quicker. Quincy running straight ahead sure ain't a problem. He's fast

Have to agree with Herdbot here. He was a solid runner early in the season but it seemed like he was protecting himself (not a bad thing) or didn't relish in the contact. As the season went on he started delivering some big shots and kept piles churning. He was a legit running threat the last third of the season. Was great to see.

In regards to the receiving drop and limited passing; I think with a full offseason and spring install we will see a bit more of both. I don't think it will be to keep teams honest, he will have to earn that but that is ok. Just means those passing and receiving rare plays will have a greater chance of working out.

Minimum8Pete
01-18-2022, 03:42 PM
Have to agree with Herdbot here. He was a solid runner early in the season but it seemed like he was protecting himself (not a bad thing) or didn't relish in the contact. As the season went on he started delivering some big shots and kept piles churning. He was a legit running threat the last third of the season. Was great to see.

In regards to the receiving drop and limited passing; I think with a full offseason and spring install we will see a bit more of both. I don't think it will be to keep teams honest, he will have to earn that but that is ok. Just means those passing and receiving rare plays will have a greater chance of working out.

I could be remembering wrong, but I dont have any memories of him bulldozing people early season, and he was doing it every single game in the playoffs. Those poor defenders haha

GreenfieldBison
01-18-2022, 03:57 PM
I could be remembering wrong, but I dont have any memories of him bulldozing people early season, and he was doing it every single game in the playoffs. Those poor defenders haha

You may wish to go back and review. The very reason he lost his starting job was due to him plowing his throwing shoulder into a LB or DB with a full head of steam.

Passing accuracy on short to midrange could be a factor too but the shoulder injury was what put him out of action.

southcliffbison
01-18-2022, 09:06 PM

Whoa, whoa, back up, Sparky.......he had one.....ONE...... pass thrown his way, and yes, he dropped it.......doesn't mean he CAN'T catch the ball. Let's wait until we have a larger sample size.

CAS4127
01-19-2022, 01:54 AM
You may wish to go back and review. The very reason he lost his starting job was due to him plowing his throwing shoulder into a LB or DB with a full head of steam.

Passing accuracy on short to midrange could be a factor too but the shoulder injury was what put him out of action.

The latter part of your post is more accurate than QP’s passing ability. Let’s be honest here, our O changed dramatically for the better when Miller was put in as starter. QP has his role, but it’s not as a starting QB.

ByeSonBusiness
01-19-2022, 03:20 AM

He didn't get a penalty for "being so strong." He got it for grabbing the dude's face mask.

End of the day he doesn't complete passes. No opponent respects his ability to throw the ball.

If they wanna make what amounts to a wildcat package for him, it is what it is. Justifiable at least.

GreenfieldBison
01-19-2022, 03:26 AM
The latter part of your post is more accurate than QP’s passing ability. Let’s be honest here, our O changed dramatically for the better when Miller was put in as starter. QP has his role, but it’s not as a starting QB.

Was starting to get a little concerned that you failed to find your way out of TX. Welcome back.

Anyway you might be arguing here with something I did not assert. I was responding to someone who had no recall of QPII running aggressively earlier in the season. My recall is different on that point.

While the team did not lose any games with QPII as QB1 they definitely fared better with Miller Time under/behind center. On this we agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minimum8Pete
01-19-2022, 05:47 PM
How much better would QP have to get this offseason to surpass miller? for real. I love miller, I'm not bashing the guy. But if QP gets.... maybe 20% better at passing in the offseason, would he be a better option?

I dont know the answer- but I dont think he would need to improve as much as we might think to pass miller again. Dont get feathers ruffled, I'm not calling for millers head, I'm just thinking that if QP completed 7% more of his passes, he probably wouldnt have gotten benched and we still win the natty

TransAmBison
01-19-2022, 05:52 PM
How much better would QP have to get this offseason to surpass miller? for real. I love miller, I'm not bashing the guy. But if QP gets.... maybe 20% better at passing in the offseason, would he be a better option?

I dont know the answer- but I dont think he would need to improve as much as we might think to pass miller again. Dont get feathers ruffled, I'm not calling for millers head, I'm just thinking that if QP completed 7% more of his passes, he probably wouldnt have gotten benched and we still win the nattyCan't see how Patterson gets significantly more accurate...he is who he is. Very clear difference between the two in the passing game. This one isn't a question. Sure, they can say the qb competition is open...but in no way, shape, or form is anybody but Cam Miller being named the started when it finally shakes out.

TAILG8R
01-19-2022, 06:26 PM

I dont know the answer- but I dont think he would need to improve as much as we might think to pass miller again. Dont get feathers ruffled, I'm not calling for millers head, I'm just thinking that if QP completed 7% more of his passes, he probably wouldnt have gotten benched and we still win the natty

Can't see how Patterson gets significantly more accurate...he is who he is. Very clear difference between the two in the passing game. This one isn't a question. Sure, they can say the qb competition is open...but in no way, shape, or form is anybody but Cam Miller being named the started when it finally shakes out.

I don't think it's accuracy as much as it is knowing when and where to go with the ball. The difference between Miller and QP when it comes to the passing game is Miller understands it at a higher level, knows where players will be, the timing of routes and the play in general and can improvise not only with his legs. He's simply better QB than QP in more than one way.

I like QP but I don't think it's as simple as learning to hit a target, imo.

IF and that's a big IF, there is an open QB competition it is between Miller and Payton imo and no I'm not going to start talking about calves.

I think Miller is the guy and actually played at a MUCH higher level than we all give him credit for. Look at his stats, re watch some games and see how he performs under pressure. He is what an NDSU QB looks like.

Hammerhead
01-19-2022, 06:55 PM
How many heads would explode if Cole Peyton is the QB1 in the fall and Cam drops to QB3 with Quincy keeping the same role he's had the last few games?

CAS4127
01-19-2022, 07:07 PM
How many heads would explode if Cole Peyton is the QB1 in the fall and Cam drops to QB3 with Quincy keeping the same role he's had the last few games?

None, provided CP performs as the best QB.

HerdBot
01-19-2022, 07:20 PM
I breast feed my puppies

Sorry not getting into trolling action with a UND fan. Go away, you bring nothing to the discussion.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
01-19-2022, 07:21 PM
How many heads would explode if Cole Peyton is the QB1 in the fall and Cam drops to QB3 with Quincy keeping the same role he's had the last few games?Exactly zero chance of this happening out of fall camp. Now if cam struggles early in the season, different story. But no matter what entz says, there is not an open competition for the starting job.
Quincy will have his role regardless and will be in a battle for qb2.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MankatoBison
01-19-2022, 07:33 PM
Can't see how Patterson gets significantly more accurate...he is who he is. Very clear difference between the two in the passing game. This one isn't a question. Sure, they can say the qb competition is open...but in no way, shape, or form is anybody but Cam Miller being named the started when it finally shakes out.

Well we thought cam was who he was and he got 85% better in just a few months. I'm not saying I think QP will be the starter, but if QP SOMEHOW improves as much as miller improved since the spring, QP would be getting 1st rd draft buzz, as athletic as he is. Please dont misread what I'm saying, I dont think he will improve that way, but given how athletic QP is, I dont think he would need to improve much passing to surpass Miller.

LEts say miller completes 68% of passes

and QP is somehow guaranteed to complete 65% of passes.... I think QP makes up for the 3% with his athleticism alone.

TAILG8R
01-19-2022, 07:33 PM
Exactly zero chance of this happening out of fall camp. Now if cam struggles early in the season, different story. But no matter what entz says, there is not an open competition for the starting job.
Quincy will have his role regardless and will be in a battle for qb2.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure there is any shake up with our QBs but I would say there is a better chance CP beats out QP for QB2 than either of them beat out CM for QB1.

If Vegas had a line on this I'd put my money on CP being a good enough runner to challenge QP in that regard and having a better arm puts him over the top (for QB2)

PDQ@QLT

TransAmBison
01-19-2022, 07:41 PM
Well we thought cam was who he was and he got 85% better in just a few months. I'm not saying I think QP will be the starter, but if QP SOMEHOW improves as much as miller improved since the spring, QP would be getting 1st rd draft buzz, as athletic as he is. Please dont misread what I'm saying, I dont think he will improve that way, but given how athletic QP is, I dont think he would need to improve much passing to surpass Miller.

LEts say miller completes 68% of passes

and QP is somehow guaranteed to complete 65% of passes.... I think QP makes up for the 3% with his athleticism alone.QP has been around long enough...he isn't completing 65% of his passes. Cam didn't get a redshirt year to get ready for college ball...so if anybody is going to continue to improve and pull away I'm thinking it is Miller. QP is a great athlete...but a passing qb he is not no matter how hard we tried to make him into one.

HerdBot
01-19-2022, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure there is any shake up with our QBs but I would say there is a better chance CP beats out QP for QB2 than either of them beat out CM for QB1.

If Vegas had a line on this I'd put my money on CP being a good enough runner to challenge QP in that regard and having a better arm puts him over the top (for QB2)

PDQ@QLT

It's a good problem to have. Also CP could end up being QB2 but only plays as a true backup and never sees the field. Or he could be win the job outright. Or Cam could could add 20 pounds of muscle and speed to become a legit running threat and he's just QB1 and never leaves the field. Or QP spends the whole off season learning the playbook at an advanced level, works on his accuracy and he becomes a stud passer. So many possibilities. It's going to be really interesting and fun to watch. Either way, Quincy needs to be on the field in some capacity. i don't care if it's a running back or QB

Alsen
01-20-2022, 01:35 AM
The play of the OL was key part of Cam's improvement. The better they got, the better he got. Quincy's rushing improved right along with the OL improvement. Hmmm, funny how that works.

WeAreThePride
01-20-2022, 01:38 AM

He has all the physical tools. If he can work with the coaches and develop his post snap read capability, there's no reason he can't be at the very least an Easton Stick level QB.

CAS4127
01-20-2022, 02:00 AM
He has all the physical tools. If he can work with the coaches and develop his post snap read capability, there's no reason he can't be at the very least an Easton Stick level QB.

There are reasons. Some people are able to process quickly and some aren’t. It’s really that simple. It’s an innate ability. We often see the inability to do so right here on BV. That’s life, and live like you are dying.

ByeSonBusiness
01-20-2022, 03:32 AM
Sorry not getting into trolling action with a UND fan. Go away, you bring nothing to the discussion.

So you are still living in some weird world where I'm a UND fan. The funny thing about this is I'm a bigger NDSU fan than you'll ever be.

I just wasn't deprived of oxygen during childhood.

I have a more recent degree than you. I'm much more dedicated to the state than you'll ever be.

You give off "Fargo" vibes.... which makes you basically the biggest d-bag on the planet.

Have fun living in the world where Quincy learns how to throw a ball. It'll never happen. Hence why he is FCS.sorry he wasn't good enough. You'll be fine in due time

EC8CH
01-20-2022, 03:52 AM
So you are still living in some weird world where I'm a UND fan. The funny thing about this is I'm a bigger NDSU fan than you'll ever be.

I have a more recent degree than you. I'm much more dedicated to the state than you'll ever be.

You give off "Fargo" vibes.... which makes you basically the biggest d-bag on the planet.

Have fun living in the world where Quincy learns how to throw a ball. It'll never happen. Hence why he is FCS.sorry he wasn't good enough. You'll be fine in due time

Do you post on the HYB?

scottietohottie
01-20-2022, 11:53 AM

Looks like you just gave him the business.

NDSU1980
01-20-2022, 01:37 PM
Do you post on the HYB?

Of course JohnBoy posts over there

EC8CH
01-20-2022, 02:19 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Thought so.

TAILG8R
01-20-2022, 02:24 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Thought so.

Because he cares about the state or something ...

ByeSonBusiness
01-20-2022, 02:42 PM
Because he cares about the state or something ...

At least one (possibly more) former Bison players post there as well.

Are they now UND fans?

Kevin
01-20-2022, 03:00 PM
There are reasons. Some people are able to process quickly and some aren’t. It’s really that simple. It’s an innate ability. We often see the inability to do so right here on BV. That’s life, and live like you are dying.

I'm not dying bro my proteins are unspiked.

El_Chapo
01-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Quincy will stay and become a good coach after all of this is my prediction.

Kevin
01-20-2022, 03:03 PM
Quincy will stay and become a good coach after all of this is my prediction.

When is the last time one of your predictions didn't shit the bed, roll around in it, then go to work smelling like shit.

BISONBRI53
01-20-2022, 03:05 PM
when is the last time one of your predictions didn't shit the bed, roll around in it, then go to work smelling like shit.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

EC8CH
01-20-2022, 03:52 PM
At least one (possibly more) former Bison players post there as well.

Are they now UND fans?

Do us a favor. Since you're over there, keep an eye on them and report back your findings.

abc123
01-20-2022, 03:54 PM
Do us a favor. Since you're over there, keep an eye on them and report back your findings.

But then what's NDSU1980 going to do with all his free time??

HerdBot
01-20-2022, 05:07 PM
I did one of those Russian mail order bride deals online. When my wife arrived in the box, she immediately wanted to take a trip to Alaska and when we got there, she hopped on a raft into the Bering Sea and started paddling across the ocean back to Russia. She was never heard from again. I think about her often.

Just stop!

ByeSonBusiness
01-20-2022, 05:07 PM

They are torn on whether losing games close means they are close to being good or whether it shows their program is mediocre. They acknowledge their basketball team is trash. And I dont follow the hockey stuff much.

Some of them are fun. I'd throw a few beers back with most of them.

But then what's NDSU1980 going to do with all his free time??

A very fair question.

ByeSonBusiness
01-20-2022, 05:08 PM
Just stop!

Did your wife leave you or something?

HerdBot
01-20-2022, 05:14 PM
I macramed myself a pair of jean shorts

Good deal.

ByeSonBusiness
01-20-2022, 05:29 PM
Good deal.

You doing alright? I'd say i was worried about you but that would be a lie.