PDA

View Full Version : WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Pages : [1] 2 3

HerdBot
08-26-2021, 06:25 PM
Edit: Apparently I can't spell

Hopefully this future thread will talk about how great WDAY Production will be.

Here's what I'm hoping for and happy for. No annoying intro song. No Lee Timmerman. No drunk camera operators. No missing plays due to annoyingly timed interviews. An actual play clock and down and distance. Did I miss anything?

I'm hopeful they can add some other camera angles and get some audio that feels exciting.

TAILG8R
08-26-2021, 06:40 PM
I want a superimposed first down line so we can bitch about the crooked turf every game :)

Kevin
08-26-2021, 06:44 PM
Hopefully a half time show that can’t be used by the cia as a tool of enhanced interrogation.

Hammerhead
08-26-2021, 06:44 PM
Their commercial for the games leaves a little to be desired. As long as they don't put up graphics titled "Quarterback Comparison" and only show stats for one QB, it will be an improvement.

Herd
08-26-2021, 07:00 PM
I think that a good TV broadcast should not get in the way of the game. It should be smart with good timing, not I'm smarter than you and the game won't be the same unless I weigh in with my important opinion. It should be exciting, but not wet your pants excitement that borders on artificial. If the color guy feels the need to fill every second between plays, that's not my thing either. Dont give me a headache so I'm turning the volume down. It's on TV, so leave me alone unless you have something I'm interested in. Give me a lot on the opponent and some behind the scene bison stuff, that's what I don't know.

Keep it fresh, keep it objective for both teams. I was OK with Shawn, but I really think Dom will do a good job.

ThunderDan
08-26-2021, 07:01 PM
Be able to do the player video intros without missing the first 2 plays

Kevin
08-26-2021, 07:02 PM
Their commercial for the games leaves a little to be desired. As long as they don't put up graphics titled "Quarterback Comparison" and only show stats for one QB, it will be an improvement.

My favorite was Firstname Lastname when they were highlighting one of our defensive players.

coloradobison
08-26-2021, 07:05 PM
I think that a good TV broadcast should not get in the way of the game. It should be smart with good timing, not I'm smarter than you and the game won't be the same unless I weigh in with my important opinion. It should be exciting, but not wet your pants excitement that borders on artificial. If the color guy feels the need to fill every second between plays, that's not my thing either. Dont give me a headache so I'm turning the volume down. It's on TV, so leave me alone unless you have something I'm interested in. Give me a lot on the opponent and some behind the scene bison stuff, that's what I don't know.

Keep it fresh, keep it objective for both teams. I was OK with Shawn, but I really think Dom will do a good job.

I have doubts with Dom doing PxP, hopefully I am wrong.

Hammerhead
08-26-2021, 07:10 PM
My favorite was Firstname Lastname when they were highlighting one of our defensive players.

Sounds like the 10th anniversary award I got from GE that marked the occasion on Month, Day, 2014. :)

TAILG8R
08-26-2021, 07:14 PM

Yeah I have reservations as well. I'm afraid it's going to sound like a ND 9 man Dakota Bowl game.

tony
08-26-2021, 07:16 PM
If they don't make replays available on youtube like KVLY did, I will be very disappointed. That was sweet.

BISONBRI53
08-26-2021, 07:16 PM

Or have the correct names up.

NDSU92
08-26-2021, 07:18 PM
Yeah anything is better than the FirstName.LastName issue, wrong players, wrong players' pictures, etc. That was bad.

My heart just went aflutter realizing I'll never have to listen to Timmerman or "gEt YoUr HoRnS UuUuUuUpPpPppP" ever again so thanks Herdbot for the reminder. I'm also concerned with Dom doing PxP, but that has more to do with his voice and delivery while he's doing the sports and whether or not it will transition well to this.

Worst case scenario I'll just have to sync up Bison1660 on TuneIn radio app to listen to Jeff and Phil. They do such a good job I'll probably end up doing it anyways.

coloradobison
08-26-2021, 07:20 PM
If they don't make replays available on youtube like KVLY did, I will be very disappointed. That was sweet.

also this...

El_Chapo
08-26-2021, 07:32 PM
don't get your hopes up!!!

Gully
08-26-2021, 07:46 PM

I think he can do a good job of that. He only gets annoying when he goes off on his rants about political things.

Snowgoose
08-26-2021, 07:48 PM

This is funny cause I am not that picky when it comes to the commentating, but Dom talks all the time and he is super excited on like a seven yard gain so you are in trouble. I actually really like Dom, but people that are picky are going to pick apart him with his every fourth play is a huge play.

TAILG8R
08-26-2021, 07:51 PM
This is funny cause I am not that picky when it comes to the commentating, but Dom talks all the time and he is super excited on like a seven yard gain so you are in trouble. I actually really like Dom, but people that are picky are going to pick apart him with his every fourth play is a huge play.

I don't mind him either when I've watched the Dakota Bowl games over the years. He's not bad, but not great either. And you're right he tends to get WAY over excited about fairly mundane plays but I always chalked that up to him being surprised two kids on a Velva, ND football team could throw and catch a pass longer than 20 yards.

Mr Meaty
08-26-2021, 07:57 PM
Need Beth Hoole on sideline reporting.

HerdBot
08-26-2021, 08:06 PM

I like Beth but given the relationship with WDAY and KVLY, pretty doubtful

ndsubison1
08-26-2021, 08:10 PM

Dom is pretty good at PxP

BISONBRI53
08-26-2021, 08:22 PM

Should be fine here on Bisonville then

mtoutfitter
08-26-2021, 08:32 PM
I'm gonna laugh if it's actually worse. Always thought most were too picky after watching other school's broadcasts.

BisonDude
08-26-2021, 09:20 PM
Can we PLEASE make sure that McFeely isn’t involved in any way?

Twincitybizon
08-26-2021, 10:00 PM

Should we start a go fund me paying him not to show up??

I'm in

EC8CH
08-26-2021, 10:37 PM
Any idea who the color commentator is going to be?

EC8CH
08-26-2021, 10:38 PM

Hey now.....

EC8CH
08-26-2021, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna laugh if it's actually worse. Always thought most were too picky after watching other school's broadcasts.

WDAY should hire only Western Illinois graduates to run their production. What could go wrong?

HerdBot
08-26-2021, 11:23 PM

Kyle Emmanuel is back

EC8CH
08-27-2021, 12:20 AM
Kyle Emmanuel is back

Solid hire. Maybe a little rough around edges to start but he has potential to be good.

GreenfieldBison
08-27-2021, 12:22 AM
Solid hire. Maybe a little rough around edges to start but he has potential to be good.

Thought I heard him say he bought a new suit on the Insiders today.

Just a little buff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

870XPRS
08-27-2021, 03:00 AM

Should we start a go fund me paying him not to show up??

I'm in

I'd rather not pay him anything...but if it comes to it i'm in.

ByeSonBusiness
08-27-2021, 03:10 AM
I don't mind him either when I've watched the Dakota Bowl games over the years. He's not bad, but not great either. And you're right he tends to get WAY over excited about fairly mundane plays but I always chalked that up to him being surprised two kids on a Velva, ND football team could throw and catch a pass longer than 20 yards.

As someone with a family member who went to school in Velva....it is exactly as big a deal as Dom makes it lmaoooo

El_Chapo
08-27-2021, 03:39 AM

this co<k sucker better be 100 miles away from this...

NDSU
08-27-2021, 03:46 AM
They’ve hired a JMU graduate as the sideline reporter.

El_Chapo
08-27-2021, 04:54 AM
forget Beth hoole

Rock
08-27-2021, 05:03 AM
Funky cold medina

scottietohottie
08-27-2021, 10:42 AM
I bet Dom doesn't even know what the heck side to run a gap power to the boundary side even is.

I'll miss Lee's haircut the most. Made for TV.

wagsabison
08-27-2021, 10:50 AM
WDAY guys have done a good job covering NDSU it’ll be interesting to see how they do

NDSU92
08-27-2021, 12:30 PM
WDAY guys have done a good job covering NDSU it’ll be interesting to see how they do

Yeah after the whole “we cover NDSU out of the goodness of our hearts” bit, they better not wreck the ship now that they have the keys. Already not particularly impressed they aren’t broadcasting the Townson game.

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2021, 12:55 PM
For the record, I predicted Dom and Kyle in the WDAY media rights thread.....sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then.

I doubt they will post the games on youtube unless NDSU made sure they control the archive games. WDAY wants everything behind the Forum pay firewall. I'm very worried about the coaches show, too. The forum does not seem to understand they don't work well with streaming devices. Have they even enabled chromecast?

TransAmBison
08-27-2021, 01:15 PM
For the record, I predicted Dom and Kyle in the WDAY media rights thread.....sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then.

I doubt they will post the games on youtube unless NDSU made sure they control the archive games. WDAY wants everything behind the Forum pay firewall. I'm very worried about the coaches show, too. The forum does not seem to understand they don't work well with streaming devices. Have they even enabled chromecast?Man...if they could get CAS in that crew we'd have it made. Might have to air it on a delay with bleeps added regularly...but the excitement and knowledge given would be through the roof.

Hammerhead
08-27-2021, 01:23 PM
The vast majority of the fans can watch the coaches show on broadcast TV.

I doubt they will post the games on youtube unless NDSU made sure they control the archive games. WDAY wants everything behind the Forum pay firewall. I'm very worried about the coaches show, too. The forum does not seem to understand they don't work well with streaming devices. Have they even enabled chromecast?

MankatoBison
08-27-2021, 01:28 PM
1. I think Dom will be great. I like Paul Allen for the vikes- I like when the announcer is a total homer and getting "way too excited". Just because we're "used" to averaging 18yds a play, doesnt mean we should no longer be excited about it. I'm not worried at all about Dom, I think its going to be great. I like his calls for the state high school tournaments and feel that hes better PxP than anchor honestly.
2. There is almost no way they'll put games on youtube, which would be a shame.
3. I think WDAY is pretty into the "Spectacle" of gameday, and I think its going to make for a very fun broadcast. I cannot imagine that theyre not going to try and do a tricked out pregame show. Jeff and Dom had an excellent set up and it appeared to me that their budget was approximately $37. WDAY wasnt going to do more than that because they werent the flagship, now that they are, I would be very disappointed if we dont see a HUGE jump in production value on the pregame side. I'm honestly pretty excited about it

EC8CH
08-27-2021, 01:47 PM
1. I think Dom will be great. I like Paul Allen for the vikes- I like when the announcer is a total homer and getting "way too excited". Just because we're "used" to averaging 18yds a play, doesnt mean we should no longer be excited about it. I'm not worried at all about Dom, I think its going to be great. I like his calls for the state high school tournaments and feel that hes better PxP than anchor honestly.
2. There is almost no way they'll put games on youtube, which would be a shame.
3. I think WDAY is pretty into the "Spectacle" of gameday, and I think its going to make for a very fun broadcast. I cannot imagine that theyre not going to try and do a tricked out pregame show. Jeff and Dom had an excellent set up and it appeared to me that their budget was approximately $37. WDAY wasnt going to do more than that because they werent the flagship, now that they are, I would be very disappointed if we dont see a HUGE jump in production value on the pregame side. I'm honestly pretty excited about it

To me the one thing that is assured to improve is just the general knowledge of FCS football and the program. Dom and Jeff and the WDAY crew just know their shit compared to the KVLY personalities. Always seemed forced and fake with them whereas when Dom and Jeff have a discussion on a topic it doesn't just feel like they are trying to fill air time, it's actually a productive interesting conversation. For me the pregame show could just be Dom and Jeff talking like on the video blog. Hell even that with it's $25 budget would be more compelling than what KVLY was doing with their spaceship green screen graphics, over the top homerism, and cringy banter.

HerdBot
08-27-2021, 01:52 PM
Yeah after the whole “we cover NDSU out of the goodness of our hearts” bit, they better not wreck the ship now that they have the keys. Already not particularly impressed they aren’t broadcasting the Townson game.

They aren't broadcasting Towson? WTF? Are they taking us back a decade?

Bisonator98
08-27-2021, 01:58 PM
I'll hold judgement until I see the product but I have doubts it'll be much of an improvement.

The Towson game is a road game so they don't have the rights to it. Hoping they can come to some type of deal to get it on locally but doubtful.

ndsubison1
08-27-2021, 02:01 PM

The personnel might improved in some aspects, but I wouldnt get my hopes up as far as production.

EC8CH
08-27-2021, 02:02 PM
The personnel might improved in some aspects, but I wouldnt get my hopes up as far as production.

This is my expectation as well. I'm gonna miss bagging on ole Timmerman.

ndsubison1
08-27-2021, 02:02 PM

Haha he will be involved somehow. Studio/Pre/Post game at times it seems like. He can be annoying but is sometimes interesting to listen to.

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2021, 04:33 PM
The vast majority of the fans can watch the coaches show on broadcast TV.

But many of us cannot....that is the issue and why we all used to bitch and moan about getting it on FSN back in the day. NDSU has a national following and hope the Forum understands that. We want a way to watch it on a TV, not phone/computer.

coloradobison
08-27-2021, 07:00 PM
But many of us cannot....that is the issue and why we all used to bitch and moan about getting it on FSN back in the day. NDSU has a national following and hope the Forum understands that. We want a way to watch it on a TV, not phone/computer.

this. resisting the need to pay for the forums paywall... hope I can continue.

Gully
08-27-2021, 07:09 PM
I don't see the big deal with paying a small fee for something you consume. I couldn't even tell you how much it costs it's so little.

Gully
08-27-2021, 07:11 PM
Dom is quite driven to do a great job and take things to a new level and I expect nothing less here. I think they'll do a good job and there will likely be the ability to watch things on demand anywhere in the world at any time. Yes, you might have to pay for it (gasp).

I don't think many of us work for free.

THEsocalledfan
08-27-2021, 07:46 PM
I don't see the big deal with paying a small fee for something you consume. I couldn't even tell you how much it costs it's so little.

For me the issue, is not the fee. It is watching it on TV.

NDSU92
08-27-2021, 07:52 PM
I'll hold judgement until I see the product but I have doubts it'll be much of an improvement.

The Towson game is a road game so they don't have the rights to it. Hoping they can come to some type of deal to get it on locally but doubtful.

Was the road game at Delaware on TV? How about eastern Washington? Wouldn’t know I was there

I remember the road game at Weber back about 8 years ago. That was televised

tolnabison
08-27-2021, 07:56 PM
Was the road game at Delaware on TV? How about eastern Washington? Wouldn’t know I was there

I remember the road game at Weber back about 8 years ago. That was televised

All of these games were on KVLY. I am assuming FLOSPORTS doesn't want to share the media rights since it is a streaming site. Just a hunch or guess. Could be totally off. They will get a big pay day from Bison fans paying for the game.

GreenfieldBison
08-27-2021, 08:02 PM
All of these games were on KVLY. I am assuming FLOSPORTS doesn't want to share the media rights since it is a streaming site. Just a hunch or guess. Could be totally off. They will get a big pay day from Bison fans paying for the game.

I had to pay FLOSPORTS to watch the Delaware game down here by Mpls. either that or go hunt up a watch site.

tony
08-27-2021, 09:19 PM

Man, I hope there aren't any evil genies near you granting wishes because this sounds like a setup for, "Wish granted. I hope you like Rob Port."

El_Chapo
08-27-2021, 11:14 PM
does boner for und & all the und grads at forum comm really makes this hard to swallow

NDSU92
08-28-2021, 01:28 AM
does boner for und & all the und grads at forum comm really makes this hard to swallow

Meh let them slave away producing NDSU hype. Not like they’re making much money off of us.

Gully
08-28-2021, 11:50 AM
For me the issue, is not the fee. It is watching it on TV.

Ah, I see. You can't cast it to your tv then? I wouldn't think it would be that hard to them to address that. Hopefully they take thigns to a new level now that they're the main media partner.

Gully
08-28-2021, 12:02 PM

I'm trying to think about how I've been watching all this out of market....can you watch old games on ESPN+ or do they 'expire'? I certainly have watched some on YouTube but I doubt WDAY will do that for some reason

As for the coaches show and other stuff like that, I guess I've just watched on my computer. I probably watch more content on my computer and phone than the TV these days so I don't even think twice about it.

An archive that works well with Chromecast would be fantastic but it doesn't sound like they have a good history with that per your message.

NovaBison
08-28-2021, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to think about how I've been watching all this out of market....can you watch old games on ESPN+ or do they 'expire'? I certainly have watched some on YouTube but I doubt WDAY will do that for some reason

As for the coaches show and other stuff like that, I guess I've just watched on my computer. I probably watch more content on my computer and phone than the TV these days so I don't even think twice about it.

An archive that works well with Chromecast would be fantastic but it doesn't sound like they have a good history with that per your message.

Hoping Wally the Bronco Too youtube channel picks up the slack -- they post a ton of FCS games... hopefully they get all NDSU games this Fall

GreenfieldBison
08-28-2021, 01:37 PM

Pretty sure ESPN+ content expires after some period but not sure what that period is. Fourteen days maybe?

Update: Just had a chat with the lovely Karen G (yes, a real Karen - wouldn’t you change your name at this point?) regarding this. At first she came back with “availability will be based on audience share”. I asked her for a data table of the availability for a given share range and then she said she just spoke to her “internal team” and said games will usually be available for thirty days.

HerdBot
08-28-2021, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure ESPN+ content expires after some period but not sure what that period is. Fourteen days maybe?

Update: Just had a chat with the lovely Karen G (yes, a real Karen - wouldn’t you change your name at this point?) regarding this. At first she came back with “availability will be based on audience share”. I asked her for a data table of the availability for a given share range and then she said she just spoke to her “internal team” and said games will usually be available for thirty days.

Seems like WDAY is missing out on some You Tube advertising revenue by putting games online. Seems stupid to not take free money. Heck they could probably pay for one of those zip line cameras with the revenue

TAILG8R
08-28-2021, 02:38 PM
Seems like WDAY is missing out on some You Tube advertising revenue by putting games online. Seems stupid to not take free money. Heck they could probably pay for one of those zip line cameras with the revenueThe return on YouTube ads would be minimal even with tens of thousands of views. Plus I would be willing to bet when and where it's available is more up to NDSU and the contract that was signed and not WDAY.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NDSU92
08-28-2021, 03:04 PM
Seems like WDAY is missing out on some You Tube advertising revenue by putting games online. Seems stupid to not take free money. Heck they could probably pay for one of those zip line cameras with the revenue

Would this not be a direct conflict of interest with their own streaming platform? Lol

Why don’t movie houses just post their movies on YouTube once their run in theaters is over?

HerdBot
08-28-2021, 11:27 PM
The return on YouTube ads would be minimal even with tens of thousands of views. Plus I would be willing to bet when and where it's available is more up to NDSU and the contract that was signed and not WDAY.

They are pretty big for long videos. A 3 hour video is a jackpot especially when you can run like 20 of them

TAILG8R
08-28-2021, 11:51 PM
They are pretty big for long videos. A 3 hour video is a jackpot especially when you can run like 20 of themI guess. 20 ad breaks with 3 ads each. 60 ads at 2 cents per ad. $1.20 IF someone watches the whole game and all the ads.

1998braves64
08-30-2021, 03:35 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1432181236882104321?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

El_Chapo
08-30-2021, 04:03 AM

SO NOTHING ON TUESDAYS... got it

oldmantutters
08-30-2021, 04:16 AM

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.So the games, the coaches show and the weekly press conference are going to be the only things available that won't be behind a paywall

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

bison22
08-30-2021, 04:21 AM
I know they didn't have a lot to discuss on the show tonight but I felt that was pretty boring and Holy commercials

THEsocalledfan
08-30-2021, 01:43 PM
I know they didn't have a lot to discuss on the show tonight but I felt that was pretty boring and Holy commercials

It is appears Forum is going to keep behind the firewall....I did not even see it posted yet there this AM.

TAILG8R
08-30-2021, 04:20 PM
Did they just pick the brightest green and yellow they could for the on screen graphics. LOL

Overall the show was meh but whatever. I noticed a handful of silly/stupid things I would change. Maybe it will get better as the year goes on.

bison22
08-30-2021, 05:03 PM
Did they just pick the brightest green and yellow they could for the on screen graphics. LOL

Overall the show was meh but whatever. I noticed a handful of silly/stupid things I would change. Maybe it will get better as the year goes on.

Like not point the camera right at Culhane and Entz's balls?

TAILG8R
08-30-2021, 05:40 PM
Like not point the camera right at Culhane and Entz's balls?

Uh yeah that would be one of them. Find a couple chairs that aren't trying to eat the person who sits in them would be a good start.

EC8CH
08-30-2021, 05:43 PM
Can't wait to watch the ball show now.

Bison 4 Life
08-30-2021, 07:09 PM
It is appears Forum is going to keep behind the firewall....I did not even see it posted yet there this AM.

yep. just went to watch it and it's paywalled.

Dumb choice

TAILG8R
08-30-2021, 07:22 PM
yep. just went to watch it and it's paywalled.

Dumb choice

https://content.jwplatform.com/videos/mpxqvlTx.mp4

:)

Bison 4 Life
08-30-2021, 07:43 PM
https://content.jwplatform.com/videos/mpxqvlTx.mp4

:)

Thanks!

10 char

bruinbison
08-31-2021, 01:57 PM
Subscription special according to EC8CH

Mike McFeely
@McFeely_Inforum
·21h

If you want access to all this @NDSUfootball content plus more, @inforum is running a special right now. 3 months for 99 cents. Will get you from Sept. 1 through November. Buy a subscription here: https://inforum.com/subscribe

@DomIzzoWDAY
@FargoBigE
@FGOSPORTSWRITER

El_Chapo
08-31-2021, 02:04 PM

shows you how desperate they are.... and how pathetic.. 99 cents LOL still won't give them my money nope.

THEsocalledfan
08-31-2021, 02:56 PM
Really, really hate them keeping this stuff behind the fire wall. I cast the stuff from my phone to the TV (video blog, coaches show), and the picture quality is hot garbage. If they are going to do this kind of BS, they need to go all out, and develop some apps for roku, etc so we can watch it with good picture quality (ie they can retain the firewall). If not worth it, they just need to post to youtube like everybody else in the world. I find it baffling that the coaches show is not on a least youtube when it is on broadcast TV. Do we need to start the FSN arguments all over again?

EC8CH
08-31-2021, 03:01 PM

Ha! My coffee ain't gonna buy itself fellas. Help a poor wordsmith out wontcha?

80ALUM
08-31-2021, 08:47 PM

Sean Fredricks

marenlee
08-31-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Week Tonight which is an HBO show, is available for free on Youtube. Come on now.

NDSU92
08-31-2021, 10:10 PM
It doesn't take much ingenuity to get around popups guys c'mon

EC8CH
09-01-2021, 12:57 AM
http://youtu.be/rts6H1uan9A

THEsocalledfan
09-01-2021, 02:12 AM

Wooo hooooo! They listened to reason!

Bison 4 Life
09-01-2021, 11:58 AM

I was hoping for the whole 3 months for 99 cents. 99 cents each month. FORGET IT

THEsocalledfan
09-01-2021, 01:24 PM
You know what was NOT crap yesterday? Dom Izzo's show on the radio. McFeely segment and Emanuel segment were absolutely golden. Great non-state media content.

EC8CH
09-01-2021, 03:46 PM
You know what was NOT crap yesterday? Dom Izzo's show on the radio. McFeely segment and Emanuel segment were absolutely golded. Great non-state media content.

Thanks.... errr I mean.

marenlee
09-01-2021, 11:05 PM
What's the easiest way to stream Izzo's show? I've been listening to Culhane on 1660 since they started and haven't ventured into anything else. But it's very easy for me on Soundcloud since all I have to do is update my feed for 1660 and I can stream the show immediately for my commute to work. With the time zone difference I am able to listen to the whole show in the morning.

oldmantutters
09-02-2021, 12:21 AM
What's the easiest way to stream Izzo's show? I've been listening to Culhane on 1660 since they started and haven't ventured into anything else. But it's very easy for me on Soundcloud since all I have to do is update my feed for 1660 and I can stream the show immediately for my commute to work. With the time zone difference I am able to listen to the whole show in the morning.I'm assuming it's only available behind the Forum paywall on inform.com. And that is not a good thing.

ndsubison1
09-02-2021, 01:38 AM
What's the easiest way to stream Izzo's show? I've been listening to Culhane on 1660 since they started and haven't ventured into anything else. But it's very easy for me on Soundcloud since all I have to do is update my feed for 1660 and I can stream the show immediately for my commute to work. With the time zone difference I am able to listen to the whole show in the morning.

Google Podcasts

HerdBot
09-02-2021, 05:21 AM

That is terrible lighting. Hopefully it's not a precursor to the production

I looked at the show and compared it to last year (exact same location) and there wasn't a horrible glare off the Championship Trophy Case. The camera quality looked better last year but it may have been the better lighting

On the positive the audio sounded better than Valley News Live but quieter

semobison
09-04-2021, 01:35 PM
My cable guide has the Bison pregame show at 10am today on KBMY. This really messes with my game day routine!

Bisonator98
09-04-2021, 03:12 PM
My cable guide has the Bison pregame show at 10am today on KBMY. This really messes with my game day routine!

Agreed, having the pregame and then a 3 1/2 hour break between the game blows!

EC8CH
09-04-2021, 04:00 PM
Pregame was worth the watch. Nothing flashy but conversations not overly cringy and interesting to listen to.

jcdcubs
09-04-2021, 04:01 PM
I wish the pregame start at 1:30 but not 10 am.

tcbison
09-04-2021, 04:44 PM

Agree 1000%

semobison
09-04-2021, 04:53 PM
Pregame was worth the watch. Nothing flashy but conversations not overly cringy and interesting to listen to.

Yep, much better than what NBC ever did. Had some good insights on Albany and I enjoyed the highlights from last nights Jacks and Yotes games ....I don’t know, kind of missed Bison Trivia though!

bisonaudit
09-04-2021, 05:13 PM
I wish the pregame start at 1:30 but not 10 am.

Time shift it.

RonMexico
09-04-2021, 07:29 PM
well...WDAY off to a great start. 2:30 and the OU game is still on. Way to schedule..

looks like the broke in. Good job.

JCEE1990
09-04-2021, 07:34 PM
well...WDAY off to a great start. 2:30 and the OU game is still on. Way to schedule..

looks like the broke in. Good job.

Nothing on ESPN+ here in NE GIANT F bomb

EP NDSU Fan
09-04-2021, 07:35 PM
Nothing on ESPN+ here in NE GIANT F bomb

ESPN down in Eden Prairie. This blows

JCEE1990
09-04-2021, 07:40 PM
I quit mowing for the chance to look at the easspn logo? FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC

AKBison
09-04-2021, 07:41 PM
I quit mowing for the chance to look at the easspn logo? FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC

FU ESPN plus!

Kingslayer
09-04-2021, 07:43 PM
The live game picture compared to NBC is terrible. Wow.

1998braves64
09-04-2021, 07:46 PM
ESPN down in Eden Prairie. This blowsI have some inside info on that... Was expecting this somewhat.

AKBison
09-04-2021, 07:48 PM
Is the game up for anyone on ESPN plus?

BisonTeacher
Nothing in SE metro. Event about to start. :facepalm:

Bison 4 Life

no

motherfuckin 10char

Kevin
09-04-2021, 07:49 PM
So far so good. No cringe. No missed plays while introducing lineups. No timmerman.

Bison4peat
09-04-2021, 07:49 PM
Not working for me. Typical espn bullshit

NDSUKurt
09-04-2021, 07:50 PM

No.

The same thing happened in the spring with ESPN+ and one of the games. This time I am gonna call a give them a piece of my mind. This is absurd.

JMB
09-04-2021, 07:51 PM
I do think the blue and Yellow on the ESPN+ screen compliment each other well

Snowgoose
09-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Not working for me. Typical espn bullshit

Not working for us either in Perham

matt
09-04-2021, 07:53 PM
not working in GF or Decatur IL either

EndZoneQB
No.

The same thing happened in the spring with ESPN+ and one of the games. This time I am gonna call a give them a piece of my mind. This is absurd.

You seem AWFULLY sure it's an ESPN thing...they just host it. I guarantee someone at WDAY forget to press a button or messed it up. What a shit show.

/goingbackinhiding.

Big Bird
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1434242048836702210

"We are aware of the transmission issue with ESPN+ and our TV partner is working to correct the problem."

Hammerhead
Where are the proseed commercials?

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2021, 07:54 PM
Hey! Picture!

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2021, 07:55 PM
Oof. This looks bad.

Bison4peat
09-04-2021, 07:55 PM
You seem AWFULLY sure it's an ESPN thing...they just host it. I guarantee someone at WDAY forget to press a button or messed it up. What a shit show.

/goingbackinhiding.
My money is going to Disney not wday. They need to figure it out.

Bison4peat
09-04-2021, 07:57 PM
Working now. Just had to bitch enough.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2021, 07:57 PM
No play clock. Washed out video, feathering.

Maybe Timmerman wasn't so bad.

marenlee
09-04-2021, 07:58 PM
Why does the audio suck so bad. I thought we were getting Kyle for color.

EndZoneQB
09-04-2021, 08:01 PM
No play clock. Washed out video, feathering.

Maybe Timmerman wasn't so bad.

Timmerman and Shawn>Dom and whoever this HS announcer is. I'd take Dana "look at Tony Satter go" Mogck again.

Kingslayer
09-04-2021, 08:02 PM
The color was certainly better with KVLY. And more clear. Like you said it's washed out

56BISON73
09-04-2021, 08:02 PM
whose in the booth with Izzo?

oldmantutters
09-04-2021, 08:03 PM
Why does the audio suck so bad. I thought we were getting Kyle for color.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWho is it on color? He seems green

BisonTeacher
09-04-2021, 08:03 PM
I harassed ESPN+ on Twitter, but from past experience it's usually the fault of the home site. Just sayin.

chuckles
09-04-2021, 08:09 PM
Idk. Feels like I’m watching the Dakota Bowl. Sorry WDAY. It’s tough to find the right talent to do play by play and color on TV. This combo isn’t it. Dom does the homework and knows his stuff, just doesn’t com across well on TV

EndZoneQB
09-04-2021, 08:10 PM
I harassed ESPN+ on Twitter, but from past experience it's usually the fault of the home site. Just sayin.

Yes, clearly this. They are just a host lol

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2021, 08:11 PM
Idk. Feels like I’m watching the Dakota Bowl. Sorry WDAY. It’s tough to find the right talent to do play by play and color on TV. This combo isn’t it. Dom does the homework and knows his stuff, just doesn’t com across well on TV

This looks way too much like the Dakota Bowl I used to think we really had the best production despite the announcer and some of the hinky camera work. Go look at the UND/ISU game. That looks like a high school production.

KVLY looked like a professional deal, this is amateurish as shit.

oldmantutters
09-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Idk. Feels like I’m watching the Dakota Bowl. Sorry WDAY. It’s tough to find the right talent to do play by play and color on TV. This combo isn’t it. Dom does the homework and knows his stuff, just doesn’t com across well on TVDom is to FCS football as John Buccigross is to cawlidge Hawkeye. Very knowledgeable and passionate, but not very good at play-by-play.

scottietohottie
09-04-2021, 08:14 PM
The commercials even look shitty. Locally owned. Dom is doing fine.

1998braves64
09-04-2021, 08:15 PM
One of my friends has a significant other that is an employee at kvly apparently ESPN called them last week looking for the feed id/key for the game. Guess this stuff usually takes a few weeks to dial in according to friend's SO.

marenlee
09-04-2021, 08:19 PM
Audio sounds like they’re doing pxp remotely in a basement. Can barely hear the stadium sounds.

EndZoneQB
09-04-2021, 08:20 PM
It looks decent on ESPN+, once it came on. Probably because it's a raw feed. Audio is way too turned up though, they need to turn their mics down.

scottietohottie
09-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Who the fuck is breathing heavy? Holy shit!

BisonTeacher
09-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Yes, clearly this. They are just a host lol

ESPN + responded. I told them if it was NDSUs fault to give em hell. It's time to up our game production.

scottietohottie
09-04-2021, 08:52 PM
Heavy breathing. Heavy breathing heavy breathing.

Do I just need a new TV?

scottietohottie
09-04-2021, 08:53 PM
Am I the only one hearing this?

Some one get him his inhaler.

AKBison
09-04-2021, 09:07 PM
Shawn on the pxp, Dom on the color. Make it happen.

EC8CH
09-04-2021, 09:09 PM

This is actually a good idea.

EC8CH
09-04-2021, 09:09 PM
Heavy breathing. Heavy breathing heavy breathing.

Do I just need a new TV?

Timmerman outside the booth door.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2021, 09:14 PM
That sideline reporter is smoldering.

NDSU
09-04-2021, 09:15 PM
whose in the booth with Izzo?
Sean Fredricks - https://gobison.com/honors/bison-athletic-hall-of-fame/sean-fredricks/265

1979 Bison
09-04-2021, 09:16 PM

Yes…great idea! Dom has a lot to offer and no one should question his commitment to provide the best Bison broadcast experience possible. But, I believe he has bitten off a little too much…trying to do too much with weekday reporting, Xtra morning show, pre-game show, etc. Brian would be a great addition and spread out the work and responsibility some, so it isn’t just the Dom Izzo Show.

EndZoneQB
09-04-2021, 09:18 PM

Shawn is the best regional pxp and it's not close. Doesn't hurt he's a huge fan, despite being a UND grad(IIRC)

She is not ugly. I know some of you mouthbreathers had a crush on Beth Hoole...

bisonaudit
09-04-2021, 09:21 PM

eastern speed.

scottietohottie
09-04-2021, 09:23 PM
Kolpack???

Professor Chaos
09-04-2021, 09:39 PM
Do we need a GoFundMe for a permanent goal line cam to avoid another travesty like what happened at the end of the half.

While I'm at if how about a GoFundMe for some stick-um for Christian Watson? Or an NIL deal maybe???

BFKasper14
09-04-2021, 09:51 PM
Wrong thread….

BFKasper14
09-04-2021, 09:56 PM
Wrong Thread

EndZoneQB
09-04-2021, 10:01 PM
Do we need a GoFundMe for a permanent goal line cam to avoid another travesty like what happened at the end of the half.

While I'm at if how about a GoFundMe for some stick-um for Christian Watson? Or an NIL deal maybe???

At one point, they could use the FD in house cameras, not sure if that still happens or what. I remember them saying they had like 11-12 cameras in Fargo vs maybe 5-6 at most other places.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
09-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Shawn is the best regional pxp and it's not close. Doesn't hurt he's a huge fan, despite being a UND grad(IIRC)

She is not ugly. I know some of you mouthbreathers had a crush on Beth Hoole...

We went from some of the best announcers in FCS football to these two? Come’on man!

Bring Shawn back at least this is is like a back radio call…..

scottietohottie
09-04-2021, 10:22 PM
We went from some of the best announcers in FCS football to these two? Come’on man!

Bring Shawn back at least this is is like a back radio call…..

Get the hell out of here Lee.

EndZoneQB
09-04-2021, 10:28 PM

Lee or not, he's not wrong lol Timmerman is polished and (I think) became an NDSU fan during his duties. I always liked Brian, grew to like LT...I was a WDAY fan because of the Schultz/Mogck days in DII....but I think this might have been a mistake. I like Dom too, but not the pxp guy.

oldmantutters
09-04-2021, 10:30 PM
Does WDAYs ad salesperson have a thing for dead people...?

bisonaudit
09-04-2021, 10:32 PM
Lee or not, he's not wrong lol Timmerman is polished and (I think) became an NDSU fan during his duties. I always liked Brian, grew to like LT...I was a WDAY fan because of the Schultz/Mogck days in DII....but I think this might have been a mistake. I like Dom too, but not the pxp guy.

So, Timmermann got better by the end but we’re passing judgement on Dom after 56 minutes? Just asking because I have basically no frame of reference. I think this is the 3rd TV game I’ve seen in the last 4 years.

oldmantutters
09-04-2021, 10:33 PM
So, Timmermann got better by the end but we’re passing judgement on Dom after 56 minutes? Just asking because I have basically no frame of reference. I think this is the 3rd TV game I’ve seen in the last 4 years.I don't think there was ever really much of a gripe with BShawn on the pxp call

EndZoneQB
09-04-2021, 10:44 PM
I don't think there was ever really much of a gripe with BShawn on the pxp call

Bingo. He was good from day 1 IMO

So, Timmermann got better by the end but we’re passing judgement on Dom after 56 minutes? Just asking because I have basically no frame of reference. I think this is the 3rd TV game I’ve seen in the last 4 years.

Timmerman got less annoying and UND-bobo....he was always knowledgeable - almost annoyingly...he would flex his knowledge whenever he thought he would benefit. Dom is *fine*...I just think BShawn is and has been better from the beginning. Love Dom's segments/reporting...just not the guy I think should be pxp. Dom loves NDSU and that does count for something...but I guess I'm a BShawn-bobo.

RonMexico
09-04-2021, 11:46 PM

Was thinking the same thing. How damn hard it is to get a goal line cam?

RonMexico
09-04-2021, 11:48 PM
Maybe it's just me but I can't stand it when announcers say "we" when talking about a team.

Kevin
09-04-2021, 11:48 PM
Maybe it's just me but I can't stand it when announcers say "we" when talking about a team.

I don't feel that way when it's a former player. Which it was in this case.

Once a Bison, Always a Bison.

EC8CH
09-04-2021, 11:49 PM

If it was Sean I'll allow it.

EC8CH
09-04-2021, 11:50 PM
I don't feel that way when it's a former player. Which it was in this case.

Once a Bison, Always a Bison.

Stop copying me.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 12:06 AM

Must spread rep.

Bisonator98
09-05-2021, 12:31 AM
I was afraid WDAY was gonna look like a HS broadcast. Adding Shawn to the pxp and letting Dom do color would be an improvement. How damn hard is it to get the down and distance correct? Saw a couple of those mistakes again. At least the camera operators didn't miss any plays and they made it back after breaks to not miss plays but the overall video quality and broadcast needs work. Hoping it gets better.

Trim
09-05-2021, 01:19 AM
If it was Sean I'll allow it.

Sean is the GOAT and I’m pretty sure he stepped in last second to help out with hardly any prep. Takes guts to do that.

GreenfieldBison
09-05-2021, 01:22 AM
Video quality was excellent. If yours was lacking you have a home network deficiency most likely. Either that or an ISP deficiency.

EndZoneQB
09-05-2021, 02:39 AM
Video quality was excellent. If yours was lacking you have a home network deficiency most likely. Either that or an ISP deficiency.

Or neither. Those that watched on ESPN+ had no issues..I suspect it had more to do with local broadcast. Keep up.

GreenfieldBison
09-05-2021, 02:48 AM
Or neither. Those that watched on ESPN+ had no issues..I suspect it had more to do with local broadcast. Keep up.

Sound was great too. No heavy breathing or sexual noises at all.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 03:43 AM
Watching replay. Picture quality is excellent. On screen LOS and FD lines and down and distance graphics?!?!?! This is awesome.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:08 AM
Nobody saying a seventeen syllable insurance company name before every replay. Sweet!

Kevin
09-05-2021, 04:11 AM
Watching replay. Picture quality is excellent. On screen LOS and FD lines and down and distance graphics?!?!?! This is awesome.

I didn't once get angry at the broadcast.

Which gave me more time to get angry at more important things like play calling and lakes.

HerdBot
09-05-2021, 06:03 AM
My review.

First off I recorded it on You Tube TV and the game started like 5 minutes into the game. Thumbs down. Then I logged into my ESPN+ account and the same thing

So I have no idea how the intro looked

The camera man is better. The picture quality is either the same or worse. The audio of Dom and Frederick's voice is bad. When Dom gets excited it distorts his voice. The crowd mix is bad too.

The game was loud but you felt no energy. No video of the crowd. It was sterile and lifeless. Don't remember even hearing the band during the game

I like the first down marker. The graphics on TV were mixed. The graphics between commercials were good where they showed the player's. No transition video that showed things going on outside the done

Dom did a good job but I like Brian Shawn a little better. Thats not a knock on Dom, it's a compliment to Shawn. Shawn wasn't always great but he worked on his craft and ended up being great. Anyone is an upgrade over Lee Timmerman. The sideline reporter was great

I dunno it didn't feel like an upgrade at all. Possibly a step back

I was hoping they could do something really innovative like 4k or get some above the player shots or something. KVLY would have been better had they removed some of the annoying stuff. This game felt like 2006 with HD.

But the good news is they can improve but I doubt they will since they have the contract now

scottietohottie
09-05-2021, 11:10 AM
Proseed likes Bison football but I'm pretty sure they edited the part where the dude said they liked Bison football.

Hammerhead
09-05-2021, 03:44 PM
I didn't miss the crowd shots since some productions seem to go overboard with those where they zoom in on a fan after nearly every play. I'd rather watch the reactions from the players and coaches over people in the stands.

My review.

First off I recorded it on You Tube TV and the game started like 5 minutes into the game. Thumbs down. Then I logged into my ESPN+ account and the same thing

So I have no idea how the intro looked

The camera man is better. The picture quality is either the same or worse. The audio of Dom and Frederick's voice is bad. When Dom gets excited it distorts his voice. The crowd mix is bad too.

The game was loud but you felt no energy. No video of the crowd. It was sterile and lifeless. Don't remember even hearing the band during the game

I like the first down marker. The graphics on TV were mixed. The graphics between commercials were good where they showed the player's. No transition video that showed things going on outside the done

Dom did a good job but I like Brian Shawn a little better. Thats not a knock on Dom, it's a compliment to Shawn. Shawn wasn't always great but he worked on his craft and ended up being great. Anyone is an upgrade over Lee Timmerman. The sideline reporter was great

I dunno it didn't feel like an upgrade at all. Possibly a step back

I was hoping they could do something really innovative like 4k or get some above the player shots or something. KVLY would have been better had they removed some of the annoying stuff. This game felt like 2006 with HD.

But the good news is they can improve but I doubt they will since they have the contract now

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Watched entire replay. Missing first couple series on stream is inexcusable, can't happen. Couple technical glitches on down and distance. Sideline lady is a little nervous but got in some good questions.

Plus side: camera work was on point. Coming back from commercial, always on time. Sean was amazing coming in cold. Dom is a solid pxp guy. Lateral move from Shawn who really upped his craft over the years. In game sponsorships and promos were still there but way less... WAAAAAY less, intrusive and annoying. Probably my #1 improvement. Still making money but not interrupting gameplay makes it so much more enjoyable. Something KVLY never figured out how to balance. Halftime still sponsored by proseed but actually about football, not some seed rep rambling on about soybean varieties.

I think they did all the important stuff right, except for delayed stream start, and the rest are little things they can improve on. Big improvement over KVLY for their first game.

Needs more McFeely though. Every broadcast needs a heal.

ndsubison1
09-05-2021, 04:20 PM
I thought Dom was good and has a decent voice. Does Wday have newer cameras? I believe Kvly upgraded their cameras a few years ago snd that improved the picture on tv. The shifting between plays and replays seemed better than Nbc.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:22 PM
I thought Dom was good and has a decent voice. Does Wday have newer cameras? I believe Kvly upgraded their cameras a few years ago snd that improved the picture on tv. The shifting between plays and replays seemed better than Nbc.

Dome didn't look dark and dingy. WDAY cameras better than KVLY in that regard and they can frame a shot and track the action.

marenlee
09-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Still haven’t heard why KE wasn’t on color duty. IMO Fredricks was probably one of the worst color announcers I’ve ever heard on top of his mouth breathing into the mic. They really need to fix the audio.

NDSU92
09-05-2021, 10:56 PM
Watched entire replay. Missing first couple series on stream is inexcusable, can't happen. Couple technical glitches on down and distance. Sideline lady is a little nervous but got in some good questions.

Plus side: camera work was on point. Coming back from commercial, always on time. Sean was amazing coming in cold. Dom is a solid pxp guy. Lateral move from Shawn who really upped his craft over the years. In game sponsorships and promos were still there but way less... WAAAAAY less, intrusive and annoying. Probably my #1 improvement. Still making money but not interrupting gameplay makes it so much more enjoyable. Something KVLY never figured out how to balance. Halftime still sponsored by proseed but actually about football, not some seed rep rambling on about soybean varieties.

I think they did all the important stuff right, except for delayed stream start, and the rest are little things they can improve on. Big improvement over KVLY for their first game.

Needs more McFeely though. Every broadcast needs a heal.

Is this not an ESPN issue? Local WDAY surely didn't miss the start of the game right? We had this same problem with KVLY. I've also seen it for non-NDSU sports.

HerdBot
09-05-2021, 11:16 PM
Still haven’t heard why KE wasn’t on color duty. IMO Fredricks was probably one of the worst color announcers I’ve ever heard on top of his mouth breathing into the mic. They really need to fix the audio.

KE will be back Saturday. I thought Frederick did ok for coming in on short notice but the mics sucked. Everytime he raised his voice it distorted

As mentioned on previous posts, you can't hear the band

scbison91
09-05-2021, 11:27 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe was a last minute addition...Get the facts before you post idiotic things.....

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Kevin
09-05-2021, 11:54 PM
He was a last minute addition...Get the facts before you post idiotic things.....

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

u mad bro?

EC8CH
09-06-2021, 12:26 AM
u mad bro?

Timmerman fan.

Kevin
09-06-2021, 12:35 AM
Timmerman fan.

He crazy bro?

NovaBison
09-06-2021, 01:01 AM
NEGATIVES: Not having the stream ready for the start time is totally unacceptable... this major detail should have been worked out with ESPN before the start of the game - MAJOR FAIL!

POSITIVES: Once the stream started I was not annoyed by the coverage... maybe I am less discerning than some of you -- but Lee would make me hit the mute button, while I streamed 106.7 simultaneously,

Dom is good -- Brian is better (Brian is as good as the top tier ESPN play by play guys in my opinion)

Fill In Color Guy was fine -- as long as it's a former Bison player doing it... I am good with it -- major upgrade over Lee

Sideline Reporter was fine -- as long as they don't interrupt the play on the field I am good with it.

Camera work and Replays seemed fine...

Those who are complaining... watch some of the other FCS or G5 coverage -- NDSU does it way better!

HerdBot
09-06-2021, 01:36 AM
NEGATIVES: Not having the stream ready for the start time is totally unacceptable... this major detail should have been worked out with ESPN before the start of the game - MAJOR FAIL!

POSITIVES: Once the stream started I was not annoyed by the coverage... maybe I am less discerning than some of you -- but Lee would make me hit the mute button, while I streamed 106.7 simultaneously,

Dom is good -- Brian is better (Brian is as good as the top tier ESPN play by play guys in my opinion)

Fill In Color Guy was fine -- as long as it's a former Bison player doing it... I am good with it -- major upgrade over Lee

Sideline Reporter was fine -- as long as they don't interrupt the play on the field I am good with it.

Those who are complaining... watch some of the other FCS or G5 coverage -- NDSU does it way better!

We agree on virtually everything except some Texas High School games have better production. Midco smokes WDAY. It's just nobody watches Midco

bri-dog
09-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Was the ESPN+ problem with WDAY? I tried to watch the beginning of the UND game, and they had the same problem. Then a couple Illinois State fans showed up at the bar and I told them I'd put it on tv for them. Again, same problem.

NDSU92
09-06-2021, 05:46 PM
Was the ESPN+ problem with WDAY? I tried to watch the beginning of the UND game, and they had the same problem. Then a couple Illinois State fans showed up at the bar and I told them I'd put it on tv for them. Again, same problem.

The problem is with ESPN. Not WDAY. Not KVLY. Idk how many times people have to say this on here.

Not directed at you BTW. You are correct

reformedUNDfan
09-06-2021, 06:41 PM

Brian Shawn on Call and Dom on Color would be great

SamsRams
09-06-2021, 09:24 PM
The problem is with ESPN. Not WDAY. Not KVLY. Idk how many times people have to say this on here.

I will not refrain from jabbing at Forum Communications just because the evidence doesn’t support my snarky comment.

Also Rob Port sayanyhthingblog got a DUI

El_Chapo
09-06-2021, 09:55 PM

well doesnt wday have to provide ESPN with the feed? so how isnt it wday's fault?

THEsocalledfan
09-06-2021, 11:34 PM
well doesnt wday have to provide ESPN with the feed? so how isnt it wday's fault?

From Bison Report Radio, Ross made it sound like ESPN did not know where the feed was coming from. So, either WDAY or, more likely, Learfield Sports is at fault.

1998braves64
09-07-2021, 12:41 AM
From Bison Report Radio, Ross made it sound like ESPN did not know where the feed was coming from. So, either WDAY or, more likely, Learfield Sports is at fault.According to my source they (ESPN) called KVLY last week to get all the game feed info lined up. So I'd say it's partially WDAY fault if they were still working on that as of last week and ESPN folk didn't know WDAY was now doing bison games.

EC8CH
09-07-2021, 01:11 AM
According to my source they (ESPN) called KVLY last week to get all the game feed info lined up. So I'd say it's partially WDAY fault if they were still working on that as of last week and ESPN folk didn't know WDAY was now doing bison games.

Who manages this shit? How is that not on someone's Todo list?

Kevin
09-07-2021, 01:24 AM
Who manages this shit? How is that not on someone's Todo list?

My sources say shits fucked bro.

El_Chapo
09-07-2021, 01:50 AM
My sources say shits fucked bro.

chief engineerer at wday or gm

Kevin
09-07-2021, 01:51 AM
chief engineerer at wday or gm

That's what I said lakes.

Tony Almeida
09-07-2021, 04:59 AM
Can we please get goal line cameras. It's 2021 now.
I think Kyle E back next week will improve the production a bit.
I also think they will improve the color and audio over time.
Just give them a few weeks to work the kinks out.

NDSU92
09-07-2021, 09:56 AM

This problem has been going on for years. It’s happened all the time. Home games, road games, other FCS schools, etc.

It is not atypical to miss the first drive or two.

Jay
09-07-2021, 11:39 AM
Can we please get goal line cameras. It's 2021 now.
I think Kyle E back next week will improve the production a bit.
I also think they will improve the color and audio over time.
Just give them a few weeks to work the kinks out.

From the live blog Sunday night

Question - General game production question… can’t you put a camera down on the goal line? Seems like pretty basic stuff. Do referees have access to all tv cameras?

Dom’s Answer - Those cameras are usually on jibs or cameras on lifts. So not without significantly blocking fans views and also an even more substantial financial commitment than we have already given,

EC8CH
09-07-2021, 12:10 PM

Question - General game production question… can’t you put a camera down on the goal line? Seems like pretty basic stuff. Do referees have access to all tv cameras?

Dom’s Answer - Those cameras are usually on jibs or cameras on lifts. So not without significantly blocking fans views and also an even more substantial financial commitment than we have already given,

ESPN has cameramen standing on the sidelines right on the goal lines when they produce the games.

El_Chapo
09-07-2021, 12:13 PM
lol or you get 1 of those cameras inside the plyon...

or attach a camera to railing of ROW 1 of the goalline...not that hard

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/technology/nfl-pylon-cameras/

scottietohottie
09-07-2021, 12:46 PM
lol or you get 1 of those cameras inside the plyon...

or attach a camera to railing of ROW 1 of the goalline...not that hard

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/technology/nfl-pylon-cameras/

Or pay you to be the camera man. Everyone could still see over your head.

IndyBison
09-07-2021, 01:20 PM

Dom’s Answer - Those cameras are usually on jibs or cameras on lifts. So not without significantly blocking fans views and also an even more substantial financial commitment than we have already given,You would likely need 4 of them because you would want one on each end and each sideline and not have them go anywhere. Either goal line could come into play on any play. She ready sideline because you could have players in your way or the play could be closer to either side. Even then it's not going to be perfect.

Replay should have access to any broadcast camera but the more cameras they have the longer it could take to find the right shot. If anyone has learned anything about replay is it will never be perfect. Football is not a perfect game which is the beauty. The ball bounces funny and weird things happen every game. If you expect every pass, tackle, kick and call to be perfect you will never enjoy the game. And not every call is black and white. Even with a girl line camera here there is no guarantee there would be agreement on the exact second he lost possession. That's still judgment. And fans will always disagree on judgment based on their bias. This probably came out early but we are taking inches or maybe a foot. That's really tight and I'm not sure the goal line camera would have been perfect either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
09-07-2021, 01:44 PM

I'd think a pylon came could have gotten the shot needed; put in 4 pylon cams and boom, done.

HerdBot
09-07-2021, 04:05 PM

If that was too much of a financial commitment, maybe they shouldn't have bidded. They are in over their heads. Can't even have a good coaches show.

tcbison
09-07-2021, 04:20 PM
If that was too much of a financial commitment, maybe they shouldn't have bidded. They are in over their heads. Can't even have a good coaches show.

I'm a bit concerned about it. Back before KVLY had the bid, we got very few games on WDAY and they complained constantly about the money. I remember when NDSU started the transition to DI there was only like 1 game televised by WDAY and of course the Forum tries to get every penny they can by putting things behind the paywall. I'll be patient about it but not a good start.

Hammersmith
09-07-2021, 05:19 PM
You would likely need 4 of them because you would want one on each end and each sideline and not have them go anywhere. Either goal line could come into play on any play. She ready sideline because you could have players in your way or the play could be closer to either side. Even then it's not going to be perfect.

Replay should have access to any broadcast camera but the more cameras they have the longer it could take to find the right shot. If anyone has learned anything about replay is it will never be perfect. Football is not a perfect game which is the beauty. The ball bounces funny and weird things happen every game. If you expect every pass, tackle, kick and call to be perfect you will never enjoy the game. And not every call is black and white. Even with a girl line camera here there is no guarantee there would be agreement on the exact second he lost possession. That's still judgment. And fans will always disagree on judgment based on their bias. This probably came out early but we are taking inches or maybe a foot. That's really tight and I'm not sure the goal line camera would have been perfect either.

I think the tech is fairly close(5-10 years) to use 3D extrapolation for visual perspective calls like this. A computer uses the feeds from three or more cameras to create a model of the goal line perspective without actually having a goal line camera. At least a couple of the big networks have played around with the tech for a few years on NFL and major college games. So far it's too expensive(computer hardware) and too time consuming to use for official replays, but Moore's Law says it's just a matter of time until the tech is cheap and fast enough to make it a part of all broadcasting trucks.

(Of course there will also be a fight over allowing officials to use a "simulated" camera angle as opposed to only traditional ones. But that's another discussion.)

NDSU92
09-07-2021, 05:31 PM
I think the tech is fairly close(5-10 years) to use 3D extrapolation for visual perspective calls like this. A computer uses the feeds from three or more cameras to create a model of the goal line perspective without actually having a goal line camera. At least a couple of the big networks have played around with the tech for a few years on NFL and major college games. So far it's too expensive(computer hardware) and too time consuming to use for official replays, but Moore's Law says it's just a matter of time until the tech is cheap and fast enough to make it a part of all broadcasting trucks.

(Of course there will also be a fight over allowing officials to use a "simulated" camera angle as opposed to only traditional ones. But that's another discussion.)

How many years until we can just input each players and coaches abilities into a computer and it spits out the answer? I want 3 more hours of tailgating but the game is getting in the way.

IndyBison
09-07-2021, 05:34 PM

(Of course there will also be a fight over allowing officials to use a "simulated" camera angle as opposed to only traditional ones. But that's another discussion.)They can already sync the cameras if they need multiple angles to determine what happened. There was a great example this weekend where a camera down the sideline could see when the runner's knee was down but had no view of the goal line. Another camera in the end zone (wasn't a goal line camera) had a great view of the ball but you could not see when the knee touched. Stopping both at the same time they could clearly see he was a yard short.

Hammerhead
09-07-2021, 05:56 PM
The first down lines displayed on the screen were nice, even if they were a little off sometimes. Those pylon cams with cameras pointed down the sideline and across the goal line probably cost too much for any local broadcast and WDAY's production equipment may only support so many cameras.

Bisonguy
09-07-2021, 06:07 PM

Goal line technology has been used in soccer since 2012, I'm sure they could figure it out by now if they really wanted it.

Bison 4 Life
09-07-2021, 08:13 PM
Goal line technology has been used in soccer since 2012, I'm sure they could figure it out by now if they really wanted it.

You should see the shit they do with Cricket. They can review 4-5 different things.

bisonaudit
09-07-2021, 09:41 PM
You should see the shit they do with Cricket. They can review 4-5 different things.

They’ve got audio and heat signatures. It’s Enemy of the State level stuff.

GreenfieldBison
09-08-2021, 12:14 AM
They’ve got audio and heat signatures. It’s Enemy of the State level stuff.

Damn you!!!

Not you’ve got me in conflict: bonfire in the back yard with oh so luscious scotch whiskey and Amazon Music Unlimited steaming glorious blues over the Jambox?, or Hackman in one of his best roles ever IMHO?

DAMMIT!!!

Edit: planning to hunt some eyes in the early am so all-nighter is out for this boomer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-11-2021, 08:03 PM
Williston people can't get NDSU game??? I've gotten about 5 messages all pissed off on Facebook page

the_hog
09-11-2021, 08:57 PM
Williston people can't get NDSU game??? I've gotten about 5 messages all pissed off on Facebook page

Williston and Dickinson both can't OTA. I brought this up when it was announced WDAY took over and was dismissed by everyone including Dom Izzo. To get the Bison games in Western ND you have to have cable. This is a huge fail by NDSU.

GreenfieldBison
09-11-2021, 08:58 PM
Williston and Dickinson both can't OTA. I brought this up when it was announced WDAY took over and was dismissed by everyone including Dom Izzo. To get the Bison games in Western ND you have to have cable. This is a huge fail by NDSU.

They can’t stream ESPN+?

oldmantutters
09-11-2021, 08:59 PM
Williston and Dickinson both can't OTA. I brought this up when it was announced WDAY took over and was dismissed by everyone including Dom Izzo. To get the Bison games in Western ND you have to have cable. This is a huge fail by NDSU.That's not good

oldmantutters
09-11-2021, 09:00 PM
They can’t stream ESPN+?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou're missing the point

GreenfieldBison
09-11-2021, 09:08 PM
You're missing the point

Apparently. It must be a ND thing eh?

Btw, we don’t have any cable providers where I live either.

oldmantutters
09-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Apparently. It must be a ND thing eh?

Btw, we don’t have any cable providers where I live either.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNorth Korea?

NDSU92
09-11-2021, 09:24 PM
Good god, WDAY’s production is soooo much better than KVLY. Was at the first game so I didn’t see it, but I’m content with this. This is a production worthy of NDSU.

It might all be just because I didn’t have to hear “PUT YOUR HORNS UUUUUUUP *hokey guitar chord*” 10 times today

DakotaOkie
09-11-2021, 09:35 PM
WDAY still needs to improve the contrast ratio on their main camera(s). The jerseys are nearly black, not green. Maybe they are fighting the actual lighting in the dome but the broadcast picture is very dark same as last week. The camera director calls are better than last week.

marenlee
09-11-2021, 09:48 PM
Is the audio quality still shit? I'm at working so I'm listning to Jeff and Phil.

bisonaudit
09-11-2021, 09:54 PM
The green looks green to me. They have the ambient mic way down in the mix still, which I’m fine with.

bisonpride4ever
09-11-2021, 09:55 PM
WDAY still needs to improve the contrast ratio on their main camera(s). The jerseys are nearly black, not green. Maybe they are fighting the actual lighting in the dome but the broadcast picture is very dark same as last week. The camera director calls are better than last week.

On certain replay cameras, the color looks good. In general though, the color looks awful.

NDSU92
09-11-2021, 10:42 PM
On certain replay cameras, the color looks good. In general though, the color looks awful.

I mean colors have never looked good in the dome since we had the neon turf.

VNL, WDAY, KVRR, ESPN it all looks the same

Bison Bridge Guy
09-12-2021, 12:23 AM

I thought the "main" view looked good but the camera from behind the end zone seemed dark. I thought Dom and Kyle did a good job.

HerdBot
09-12-2021, 01:15 AM
I mean colors have never looked good in the dome since we had the neon turf.

VNL, WDAY, KVRR, ESPN it all looks the same

I disagree. Since we got HD lighting in 2012, it looks great with the right camera. The espn production always looks tremendous and much better. They also have pilot cams and one in the rafters a mile up

Speaking of the old turf... that was any eyesore but we are ready for our 3rd turf already after 9 years

HerdBot
09-12-2021, 01:20 AM
Why can't WDAY hire the guy who does the NDSU videos? This is big time and makes WDAY and KVLY look like Ron Burgundy production?

https://youtu.be/xjrWtHrQL78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjrWtHrQL78

NovaBison
09-12-2021, 01:31 AM
Why can't WDAY hire the guy who does the NDSU videos? This is big time and makes WDAY and KVLY look like Ron Burgundy production?

The guy came to NDSU from ESPN and Sportcenter... we definitely have the best video guy in the FCS... heck he might be the best in all of Division 1.

Check out his ESPN highlights: https://youtu.be/Is7XBP1oWpY

EC8CH
09-12-2021, 01:38 AM
The guy came to NDSU from ESPN and Sportcenter... we definitely have the best video guy in the FCS... heck he might be the best in all of Division 1.

This video guy fucks.

WDAY should have him consult on camera contrast settings.

HerdBot
09-12-2021, 01:53 AM

Notice how bright the field looks too. It's like he actually stole the ESPN cameras.

GreenfieldBison
09-12-2021, 02:12 AM
This video guy fucks.

WDAY should have him consult on camera contrast settings.

That’s funny.

NDSU92
09-12-2021, 02:17 AM

The highlight video from the Valpo game is going to be like 16 minutes long lol

That video is pretty awesome. We are so fortunate to have what we have

HerdBot
09-12-2021, 03:33 AM
This guy fucks.

A) Best suit jacket ever
B) He's so in tune he predicted they would run the hurry up power to Luepke 4 times in a row

56BISON73
09-12-2021, 03:48 AM
Kyle Emanuel fucks.

A) Best suit jacket ever
B) He's so in tune he predicted they would run the hurry up power to Luepke 4 times in a row

What happened to Cole J? I liked his commentary.

HerdBot
09-12-2021, 03:52 AM
What happened to Cole J? I liked his commentary.

Jirek was never on TV but he's on the radio. Kyle is awesome though

Kyle is doing the job of what Lee Timmerman used to do. Lee did not fuck.

EC8CH
09-12-2021, 03:53 AM
Jirek was never on TV but he's on the radio. Kyle is awesome though

Kyle crushed it. Terrific job as the color man. He and Dom in the booth are a great combo.