https://twitter.com/ndsuathletics/status/1427391185052737536?s=21

TAILG8R
08-16-2021, 10:36 PM
Here is episode 1: "the returner" Cam Miller

https://twitter.com/ndsuathletics/status/1427391185052737536?s=21

That was pretty fun to watch.

HerdBot
08-16-2021, 11:46 PM
Great video production. Cams tough not to like but only time will tell if he is ready to be QB1

EC8CH
08-17-2021, 02:53 AM
Can't wait for the South Paw from Omaha episode.

http://youtu.be/uN9wnb9f754

EC8CH
08-17-2021, 02:55 AM
Great video production. Cams tough not to like but only time will tell if he is ready to be QB1

Cool to hear the Iowa win is what sealed coming to NDSU for him. Fan support is noticed by recruits yet again.

phxbison
08-17-2021, 01:24 PM
Love Cam's maturity and attitude. He take's what went wrong personally and doesn't blame anybody else. I really like that. Wish his arm was a little stronger.

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 01:39 PM
Love Cam's maturity and attitude. He take's what went wrong personally and doesn't blame anybody else. I really like that. Wish his arm was a little stronger.

Maybe Kramer got to it in the last few months. Likely still not a Wentz or Lance arm but maybe a bit more robust than last spring perhaps.

BISONBRI53
08-17-2021, 02:17 PM
Maybe Kramer got to it in the last few months. Likely still not a Wentz or Lance arm but maybe a bit more robust than last spring perhaps.

Didn't happen... Gabe says it didn't.

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 02:35 PM

Ahhh, well I guess we just have to hope the game slows down for him then.

Bisonator98
08-17-2021, 03:22 PM
Could Cam's situation be any more like Brocks? I mean he's probably not the most talented QB in the room, thrust into the starting role early in his career, loses a quarterfinal game in devastating fashion and has a stud freshman coming in on his heels ala Carson. So eerily similar to me, I hope it continues down Brocks road with 3 straight!

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 03:33 PM
Could Cam's situation be any more like Brocks? I mean he's probably not the most talented QB in the room, thrust into the starting role early in his career, loses a quarterfinal game in devastating fashion and has a stud freshman coming in on his heels ala Carson. So eerily similar to me, I hope it continues down Brocks road with 3 straight!

good analogy but goto a practice & you'll see the QB hierarchy & everyone seems cool with it

tolnabison
08-17-2021, 03:38 PM
good analogy but goto a practice & you'll see the QB hierarchy & everyone seems cool with it

Let's hear this hierarchy and your analysis.

THEsocalledfan
08-17-2021, 04:05 PM

I agree with this. Chapo, what you got?

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 04:09 PM

No the height and weight chart shows he is still undersized. He was a thin guy to begin with. I'm sure he's gotten stronger but 5 pounds ain't gonna change much physically over last year. He's going to take a few years to get up to Stick, Brock or Lance weight

BISONBRI53
08-17-2021, 04:31 PM

CMON MAN!!!!! You know this.... QP... Came from an FBS school.

CP... True Fosh... Had FBS offers...

Anyone else who had FBS offers

Cam.

DUH! :facepalm2:

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 04:32 PM
I agree with this. Chapo, what you got?

QP
CAM
COLE

Cole definitely has the "IT" factor , but Cam has experience and QP is going to be starter barring any unforeseen circumstances....

but All 3 can play & NDSU would win... let's just put it that way. AND coaches want all 3 to stick around so it'll be fair & probably see all 3 this year early is my guess

TAILG8R
08-17-2021, 06:28 PM
Cam doesn't have to have a stronger arm if he can read defenses better, make quicker decisions and get the ball where it needs to be on time.

THEsocalledfan
08-17-2021, 06:50 PM
Cam doesn't have to have a stronger arm if he can read defenses better, make quicker decisions and get the ball where it needs to be on time.

Jensen was the prime example of that by his senior year. He was so damn good that year. Hell, he wasn't bad before that when healthy except for a couple rough games.

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 09:58 PM

He can improve on that but let's not downplay just how important an arm, speed, size, height and athletic ability is to a QB.

TAILG8R
08-17-2021, 10:07 PM
He can improve on that but let's not downplay just how important an arm, speed, size, height and athletic ability is to a QB.

Agreed that it's important but remember we don't need a top 5 NFL drafted QB to win at NDSU. We need someone to complete 60+% of their passes and do a little running when called upon. Even a top 5 drafted QB would struggle to win if they have a 1.5 to 1 INT to TD ratio. (and they obviously wouldn't be a top 5 drafted QB :) )

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 12:55 AM
Agreed that it's important but remember we don't need a top 5 NFL drafted QB to win at NDSU. We need someone to complete 60+% of their passes and do a little running when called upon. Even a top 5 drafted QB would struggle to win if they have a 1.5 to 1 INT to TD ratio. (and they obviously wouldn't be a top 5 drafted QB :) )

We need young Easton Stick type production. He was OK with the short passing game early in his career but the downfield passing game sucked. But he was so good running the football it didn't matter except vs JMU that year.

EC8CH
08-20-2021, 03:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9O9q8GXoAECqpu?format=jpg&name=900x900

Cole Payton is a tank. Grown man as a true freshman. That is all.

TAILG8R
08-20-2021, 03:26 PM

No kidding, seeing videos of Patterson and thinking how big he looks and then Cole standing next to him ... lol.

DORMIE
08-20-2021, 03:59 PM
With Terry Hanson, QB from Sabin, MN with first Championship in the 60's.

HandoEX
08-20-2021, 04:05 PM
No kidding, seeing videos of Patterson and thinking how big he looks and then Cole standing next to him ... lol.

Agree! This kid is way bigger than I expected. His legs look like tree trunks compared to QP.

Patterson is listed as 25 pounds heavier than Payton on the roster. Lol

BISONBRI53
08-20-2021, 04:16 PM
Agree! This kid is way bigger than I expected. His legs look like tree trunks compared to QP.

They are projecting that though... right Gabe?

HerdBot
08-20-2021, 04:23 PM

Cole and Quincy are so much taller and stronger than the other guys, it's crazy.

HerdBot
08-20-2021, 04:46 PM

Paytons legs look like tree trunks compared to most of our linebackers. But I think it's the angle he's standing it. He's the only guy facing the camera directly.

But QP looks pretty cut to me. Those aint QB arms.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8IsDP4WUAAUDOH.jpg

Professor Chaos
08-20-2021, 04:51 PM
Cole needs some work on how to properly show the horns to the camera. Better take a redshirt year to get it figured out.

EC8CH
08-20-2021, 04:56 PM
Cole needs some work on how to properly show the horns to the camera. Better take a redshirt year to get it figured out.

Solid thumb tuck, just needs to work on his shoulder rotation.

EC8CH
08-20-2021, 05:00 PM
Paytons legs look like tree trunks compared to most of our linebackers. But I think it's the angle he's standing it. He's the only guy facing the camera directly.

Payton's got a solid base. Lots of pictures show his legs are built. Calves like Popeye's forearms.

OrygunBison
08-20-2021, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know when the additional episodes are going to be available to view?

TAILG8R
08-20-2021, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know when the additional episodes are going to be available to view?I think episode 2 will be available the 23rd

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

EC8CH
08-20-2021, 06:03 PM
I think episode 2 will be available the 23rd

That's what they said on Twitter. The Transfer is next.

thebigund
08-20-2021, 07:11 PM

But QP looks pretty cut to me. Those aint QB arms.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8IsDP4WUAAUDOH.jpg

Exactly. How often do you see a qb with arms like that who is actually great at throwing the ball?

HerdBot
08-20-2021, 07:27 PM
Exactly. How often do you see a qb with arms like that who is actually great at throwing the ball?

You're right. Who wants your QB to have a really strong arm? It's not important to the position at all. Most teams prefer skinny armed Rob Lowe https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jlLQtNWxo_s/hqdefault.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8ZX9U-CEAARZft.jpg

steelbison
08-22-2021, 01:18 AM

Like Joe Montana. Or Drew Brees. Lol. Several QBs that don’t have big arms. Aren’t very athletic or aren’t tall that are very successful at the college level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
08-23-2021, 03:48 AM
Like Joe Montana. Or Drew Brees. Lol. Several QBs that don’t have big arms. Aren’t very athletic or aren’t tall that are very successful at the college level.

They are the exception, not the rule. But Montana played in a different Era where QBs weren't athletes

Joe was a great fit in the newly developed West Coast offense where you did a ton of rollout. One could argue Steve Young was better than Joe Montana playing in the same system. Steve Young was bigger, stronger and faster.

Brees was the most successful QB in the history of the Big 10 and he had a rocket for an arm in his younger days. People tend to remember him his last 3 years when his arm strength declined. He had a rocket when younger. He had been a QB for 20 years so his brain is next level

123Gobison
08-23-2021, 06:29 AM

Easton would have been drafted before 5th round, may be late 1st round or late 2nd round like Hurts. Tim Polasek destroyed his potential by calling run plays 9 out 10 times every game. Now Easton had to sit on the bench for 3 years with the Chargers and learn how to throw. I am afraid the same thing is going to happen to this new QB, our OC is Tim Polasek 2.0 , just run run run , no throwing , this is not going to help the incumbent QBs. This is my opinion.

NDSU92
08-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Lol the skinny armed Rob Lowe reminds me of Brian Bell from Sammy 10 years ago. Spaghetti arms

tolnabison
08-23-2021, 12:07 PM
Easton would have been drafted before 5th round, may be late 1st round or late 2nd round like Hurts. Tim Polasek destroyed his potential by calling run plays 9 out 10 times every game. Now Easton had to sit on the bench for 3 years with the Chargers and learn how to throw. I am afraid the same thing is going to happen to this new QB, our OC is Tim Polasek 2.0 , just run run run , no throwing , this is not going to help the incumbent QBs. This is my opinion.

Except the last 2 years of Easton's career Messingham was OC.

EC8CH
08-23-2021, 12:18 PM

Nope.

10char

scottietohottie
08-23-2021, 12:20 PM
Those dang nfl announcers glanced right over the jmu dynasty when talking about Stick.

GreenfieldBison
08-23-2021, 01:24 PM
Except the last 2 years of Easton's career Messingham was OC.

#factsMatter

GreenfieldBison
08-23-2021, 01:25 PM
Those dang nfl announcers glanced right over the jmu dynasty when talking about Stick.

Preseason. Not fully prepped.

EC8CH
08-23-2021, 01:44 PM

Too Bad too. Would have enjoyed their comparison to the dumpster fire that was DiNoochi's last game in Dallas.

mtoutfitter
08-23-2021, 01:51 PM

Who was TLs OC again?

23Bison
08-23-2021, 05:04 PM
Who was TLs OC again?

I’ll take “Trey Lances Legs” for 500. Sorry, I was watching the AR Jeopardy news this morning.

reformedUNDfan
08-23-2021, 05:15 PM
Who was TLs OC again?

Messingham in year 1, TR in year two and three.

Check the stats, his passing declined over two seasons with TR, just like the offense in general has regressed.

mtoutfitter
08-23-2021, 05:24 PM

Check the stats, his passing declined over two seasons with TR, just like the offense in general has regressed.

Pretty sure he hardly passed, mostly ran, that redshirt yr. Wasn't Roehl promoted to OC in 19.....if these things are true, how did his passing decline? EDit, just checked he threw ONE pass in 18 under Messingham.

HerdBot
08-23-2021, 05:41 PM
Who was TLs OC again?

Trey Lance only had Tyler Rohel as an OC. Messingham would have been the OC his true freshman year, but he didn't really play then.

Easton Stick was Polasek and then Messingham. I remember after the 16 year with the JMU loss thinking we really lacked a downfield passing game. Enter Messingham.

mtoutfitter
08-23-2021, 05:44 PM
Trey Lance only had Tyler Rohel as an OC. Messingham would have been the OC his true freshman year, but he didn't really play then.

Easton Stick was Polasek and then Messingham. I remember after the 16 year with the JMU loss thinking we really lacked a downfield passing game. Enter Messingham.

Yes, thank you, that was my point. Also, I know it's common to bad mouth Polasek, especially his down field passing game, same as Roehl now, but if folks care to look Easton attempted more passes his Sophmore yr under Polasek than he did either his Jr or Sr yrs under Messingham.

Twincitybizon
08-23-2021, 10:19 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1429926421460365320?s=20

It's out baby!

OrygunBison
08-23-2021, 10:22 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball Episode #2.

To me, it looks like QP is going to be the man. He certainly has his head on straight. He says at one point, "I'd rather be a back up here than anywhere else." after commenting on how much the coaches care about every player. I understand that they're only putting in a positive sampling of his throws but it looks like he throws a really good ball.

KTF
08-23-2021, 10:43 PM
He does solid in the video. I didn't realize his size my gosh he is big... hard to tell he is 6'4"

TAILG8R
08-23-2021, 10:49 PM
Seemed to show him coaching up the other players quite a bit and taking a leadership position.

HerdBot
08-23-2021, 10:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyzJ2HNbIK0

marenlee
08-23-2021, 11:21 PM
I was pretty sold on Quincy when the voice of Virginia Tech was very glowing about him on 1660. Spoke of him being a great person with a good head on his shoulders and his only weakness was his throwing accuracy. I'm sure he has focused on that a lot since coming here. I'm officially on the Quincy train.

Bison03
08-24-2021, 12:51 AM

NDSU QB records:
Completions: 598 (2nd)
Attempts: 980 (2nd)
Passing Yards: 8,693 (1st)
Passing TDs: 88 (1st)
Pass Efficiency 159.5 (3rd)

Oh, and also the winningest FCS QB in FCS history with a 49-3 record and 4 national championships. Yeah, too bad he never amounted to anything in his Bison career……

56BISON73
08-24-2021, 02:03 AM

Does this come natural or do you have to work at it?

Twincitybizon
08-24-2021, 02:14 AM
I was pretty sold on Quincy when the voice of Virginia Tech was very glowing about him on 1660. Spoke of him being a great person with a good head on his shoulders and his only weakness was his throwing accuracy. I'm sure he has focused on that a lot since coming here. I'm officially on the Quincy train.

Agreed!! Chooo choooo

ByeSonBusiness
08-24-2021, 02:43 AM

Being inaccurate is a pretty big thing to be missing.

Hopefully things work out for him, but I'll be waiting before hopping on his train.

tolnabison
08-24-2021, 02:49 AM
Being inaccurate is a pretty big thing to be missing.

Hopefully things work out for him, but I'll be waiting before hopping on his train.

So he's like your boy Brandon Wimbush? Still should win us some games right?

El_Chapo
08-24-2021, 02:51 AM

THIS THIS THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if we are QBU, then lets freakin act like QBU ! we should be rolling in 3 and 4 star QB recruits.

I think Quincy is our starter and Cole is fantastic. but i wonder how if NDSU would ever try and offer a 4 star-5 star QB recruit? i would try!

HerdBot
08-24-2021, 03:01 AM
THIS THIS THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ if we are QBU, then lets freakin act like QBU ! we should be rolling in 3 and 4 star QB recruits.

I think Quincy is our starter and Cole is fantastic. but i wonder how if NDSU would ever try and offer a 4 star-5 star QB recruit? i would try!

We certainly have the ability to start some conversations we didn't have the ability to start 5 years ago.

NDSU92
08-24-2021, 03:24 AM

Lakes, love the energy.

Who between Carson Wentz, Easton Stick or Trey Lance are you going to trade for your coveted 3 star recruit?

reformedUNDfan
08-24-2021, 03:44 AM

his first year of practice was with Messingham as OC

El_Chapo
08-24-2021, 04:02 AM
I'd love to hear what the old NDSU QB's think about today's QB's. they just gotta remain silent on the subject at this point, right?

reformedUNDfan
08-24-2021, 04:25 AM
Lakes, love the energy.

Who between Carson Wentz, Easton Stick or Trey Lance are you going to trade for your coveted 3 star recruit?

trey was 3*

56BISON73
08-24-2021, 04:27 AM
I'd love to hear what the old NDSU QB's think about today's QB's. they just gotta remain silent on the subject at this point, right?

What are you getting at?

123Gobison
08-24-2021, 04:48 AM

Brock Jensen set the template for the future generations of Bison QB. Every one of the present day QBs Carson, Easton, Trey all owe Brock a Ton.

tolnabison
08-24-2021, 11:06 AM
trey was 3*

So is Cam Miller.

https://247sports.com/player/cam-miller-46085950/

NDSU92
08-24-2021, 11:23 AM
trey was 3*

Was he 3 star when we offered him? Or after Boise offered him the day before signing day?

I don’t really care about stars, Lakes does though. And he’s implying that we should be getting “better” quarterbacks than then those that went on to be a fifth rounder and the #2, #3 picks IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT.

bruinbison
08-24-2021, 11:24 AM

They should try offering this 3 star prospect: https://247sports.com/player/ashton-daniels-46113047/

Or this 3 star prospect: https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Caden-Veltkamp-139070/RecruitInterests/

Or maybe try this prospect, his rating looks good: https://247sports.com/Player/Quincy-Patterson-93325/

jmo but this 2 star prospect - https://247sports.com/player/cole-payton-46100074/

……if he had wanted to promote himself by doing more camps, more visits, publicize his late P5 interest (implied offers)
could have gotten himself upgraded from a 2 star, to a 3 star……
……but he found what he wanted plus NDSU found what it wanted……
……they might not call it QBU but as fans we can
……maybe that was the QBU affect

So perhaps you couldn’t see the forest because of all the trees……again

bruinbison
08-24-2021, 11:46 AM
Last season’s MVFC Player of the Year - SDSU QB Mark Gronowski - won the award as a freshman - his recruiting profile*:
https://247sports.com/Player/Mark-Gronowski-46080142/

*just a little food for thought

HerdBot
08-24-2021, 01:42 PM

I'm a fan. This guy's got it all and will alow us to run the offense more like we did with Stick and Trey.

Love the way he carries himself too.

Professor Chaos
08-24-2021, 01:52 PM
For as imperfect and flawed as the spring season was I really hope it pays dividends in terms of Quincy's development. I'd think getting 3+ months worth of practice with the team and the coaching staff this spring will help him pick up the offense and acclimate with the team much moreso than a typical spring practice schedule would've done. Accuracy is a big deal for QBs but I feel like it's something that can be taught and the physical traits he has like size and speed can't be taught so it seems clear to me at least that he has a higher ceiling the Cam does so I hope he ends up as the starter which should indicate that his accuracy is improved/improving.

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2021, 03:38 PM
For as imperfect and flawed as the spring season was I really hope it pays dividends in terms of Quincy's development. I'd think getting 3+ months worth of practice with the team and the coaching staff this spring will help him pick up the offense and acclimate with the team much moreso than a typical spring practice schedule would've done. Accuracy is a big deal for QBs but I feel like it's something that can be taught and the physical traits he has like size and speed can't be taught so it seems clear to me at least that he has a higher ceiling the Cam does so I hope he ends up as the starter which should indicate that his accuracy is improved/improving.

Yep, agreed. This is the going to be he ultimate Hedberg test; if he excels, I think it may say more about how good a coach he is than any other QB he has worked with.

TAILG8R
08-24-2021, 04:13 PM
Yep, agreed. This is the going to be he ultimate Hedberg test; if he excels, I think it may say more about how good a coach he is than any other QB he has worked with.

Was thinking the same thing last night.

totoinfl
08-24-2021, 04:36 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to clone Hedberg if he retires or how do we keep him if a big name comes calling.

TAILG8R
08-24-2021, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to clone Hedberg if he retires or how do we keep him if a big name comes calling.

If he puts one more QB in the NFL, even as a 4-5 rounder he'll have almost any opportunity he wants. We can't stress about whether he would want to leave ND. Let's just enjoy what we have while we have it.

My bigger question is who do we have learning from him in a coaching role??

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2021, 04:43 PM
If he puts one more QB in the NFL, even as a 4-5 rounder he'll have almost any opportunity he wants. We can't stress about whether he would want to leave ND. Let's just enjoy what we have while we have it.

I'd be shocked if he hasn't already had some plum opportunities, and simply passed on them. He strikes me as a guy who loves his job, is near retirement, and waiving money at him has little effect.

TAILG8R
08-24-2021, 04:46 PM
I'd be shocked if he hasn't already had some plum opportunities, and simply passed on them. He strikes me as a guy who loves his job, is near retirement, and waiving money at him has little effect.

I agree with this but only he knows. That's why it's silly to worry about whether he will go or not go. But what is NDSU doing to ensure we have someone ready to take over for him when he is inevitably gone fairly soon.

totoinfl
08-24-2021, 04:53 PM

Like I said...a clone.

Twincitybizon
08-24-2021, 06:19 PM

Agreed plus he's close enough to retirement that I imagine that could be used against him in recruiting. No matter how good he is you only may get 1 year with him. Or some such pitch

reformedUNDfan
08-25-2021, 04:39 AM

I recall that his grandkids are all in Fargo and they love that he is an NDSU Coach. Imagine how cool a grandpa you'd be if you were the coach of your grandkids favorite team and we're training an endless series of NFL quarterbacks.

GreenfieldBison
08-25-2021, 05:20 AM
I recall that his grandkids are all in Fargo and they love that he is an NDSU Coach. Imagine how cool a grandpa you'd be if you were the coach of your grandkids favorite team and we're training an endless series of NFL quarterbacks.

My grandson said he’s bored with me.

El_Chapo
08-25-2021, 05:32 AM
hedberg hasn't had offers.
lucky to coach talent like. Wentz/Stick/Lance. my gawd.

1998braves64
08-25-2021, 10:18 AM
lucky to coach talent like. Wentz/Stick/Lance. my gawd.That said all but Wentz he probably played a part in getting them to NDSU. And none of those guys "regressed" under his coaching and all of them have translated their college game into NFL careers (maybe a bit TBD on Lance but appears he'll be around).

Far as I've gathered from mutual family connections I knew growing up he absolutely loves this NDSU job. He's 66 so I can't imagine he has too many aspirations to a different job. IMO he probably made more of a name for himself here coaching up "no names" into NFL careers than going to P5 and handed essentially NFL talent athleticism kids from the get go.

At minimum he'll be able to have summer week QB coaching camps after retirement and have 3 (or more) NFL QBs help him out. If he so chooses.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

NDSU92
08-25-2021, 11:31 AM

How many stars did they have though

bruinbison
08-25-2021, 12:16 PM

And there Chapo goes again……
eager to put down NDSU recruiting, recruits, players, coaches, administration, etc etc

All in the effort to draw attention to himself……
he is, after all, a Useful Tool of Brookings, El Forko Grande and Dinkytown

TransAmBison
08-25-2021, 12:17 PM
lucky to coach talent like. Wentz/Stick/Lance. my gawd.This is just funny.

gotts
08-25-2021, 01:09 PM

we are all hedberg
we are all just lucky to be around posting talent like lakes/El_Chapo

mtoutfitter
08-25-2021, 01:50 PM

I'll just use your quote from the Z Noland thread here...
"You forgot your purple or you're a fucking idiot"

56BISON73
08-25-2021, 02:42 PM

:facepalm::nod::rolleyes:

Kevin
08-25-2021, 03:15 PM
:facepalm::nod::rolleyes:

Hey Tony. Why can PL boom post with smiley faces but I can't reply to a post with "Yes".

If you remove the ten character post limit I promise that Chubs will get vaccinated six times.

Rock
08-25-2021, 04:01 PM
Hey Tony. Why can PL boom post with smiley faces but I can't reply to a post with "Yes".

If you remove the ten character post limit I promise that Chubs will get vaccinated six times.

Shhh! (Ten Char)

El_Chapo
08-25-2021, 04:16 PM
I mean both my points are correct no reason to get mad..

HerdBot
08-25-2021, 04:36 PM

Lakes your stupidity has reached a new level.

You have no idea if Hedberg has had offers and you have no idea what he wants at his age and at this stage in his career

He's not a young guy and he's been an NFL QB, a head coach, coordinator and has developed 2 first round picks. Hes in the Minot Hall of Fame too.. Maybe he doesn't want to uproot his family at this stage in his life. Maybe he's just happy doing what he's doing.

I do know he is really good at what he does right now and I hope he retires here. Hes the most qualified coach on the team

Professor Chaos
08-25-2021, 04:55 PM
Clearly Hedberg didn't have enough FBS offers coming out of high school....

BISONBRI53
08-25-2021, 05:24 PM

You have no idea if Hedberg has had offers and you have no idea what he wants at his age and at this stage in his career

He's not a young guy and he's been an NFL QB, a head coach, coordinator and has developed 2 first round picks. Hes in the Minot Hall of Fame too.. Maybe he doesn't want to uproot his family at this stage in his life. Maybe he's just happy doing what he's doing.

I do know he is really good at what he does right now and I hope he retires here. Hes the most qualified coach on the team

I know a chair and a big doner! They told me that he hasn't had an offer! FBS!!!! STARS!!! BEER!!!!

El_Chapo
08-25-2021, 08:54 PM
the series would be amazing if they had Wentz/Lance/Stick speaking throughout. or 1 episode with them

Kevin
08-25-2021, 08:55 PM
the series would be amazing if they had Wentz/Lance/Stick speaking throughout. or 1 episode with them

And an elephant.

Imagine if they had a giant african elephant and people could ride it.

Shit would be dope.

EC8CH
08-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Side note. Did I miss it or was the remarkably less press around the Trey Lance draft in media like Bison Illustrated compared to Wentz. Seems Wentz had 3 or 4 covers surrounding his draft but can't recall many with Lance.

ByeSonBusiness
08-26-2021, 12:48 AM

Can't see him leaving unless he is looking to retire down south and could snag a job down there. But at his age...why not just move without taking a job lol.

Whether he got lucky or he us truly great at his job...it seems he's done about as good a job at NDSU as anyone could ask for and then some.

The cherry on top of everything would be if Randy personally found a kid from Hoople and groomed him into a #1 overall pick lmaooo

Jim Puetz
08-26-2021, 12:59 AM
Instead of an elephant, I would like to see rasslin match between a Bison and a buffalo in 3D.

steelbison
08-26-2021, 01:32 AM

One of the WORST takes ever. You honestly can’t be that ignorant.

TAILG8R
08-26-2021, 02:13 AM
One of the WORSE takes ever. You honestly can’t be that ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf only Randy was from MN ...

HerdBot
08-26-2021, 02:15 AM
I know a chair and a big doner! They told me that he hasn't had an offer! FBS!!!! STARS!!! BEER!!!!

I'm gonna make that my sig... FBS!!!! STARS!!! BEER!!!! :rofl:

HerdBot
08-26-2021, 02:18 AM
One of the WORSE takes ever. You honestly can’t be that ignorant.

He can't possibly be that ignorant but you may wanna check your grammar :rofl:

BisManBison
08-26-2021, 04:23 AM
I'm gonna make that my sig... FBS!!!! STARS!!! BITCHES!!! BEER!!!! :rofl:

Fixed it for you.

El_Chapo
08-26-2021, 04:37 AM
Instead of an elephant, I would like to see rasslin match between a Bison and a buffalo in 3D.

Jim. correct. IN.

Jim Puetz
08-27-2021, 01:16 AM
Um, I have to admit that I was drunk when I posted the the Bison vs. buffalo thing, and then Chapo agreed and he seems like poison sometimes, so now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I'm not on Facebook, so I'll ask for any therapy ideas on this site.

56BISON73
08-27-2021, 01:23 AM
Um, I have to admit that I was drunk when I posted the the Bison vs. buffalo thing, and then Chapo agreed and he seems like poison sometimes, so now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I'm not on Facebook, so I'll ask for any therapy ideas on this site.

You going to need some bad voodoo to get out of this one.

GreenfieldBison
08-27-2021, 01:42 AM

Quick! Pull on your latex onesie. Hurry man!!

RDN88
08-27-2021, 04:56 PM
Looks like QP is gonna be the starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GMAJTXeQ-o

Professor Chaos
08-31-2021, 03:16 AM
Latest episode: https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1432463388165214209

It's titled the freshmen but it's pretty much all about Cole Payton. It's been mentioned already but the kid already looks the part in terms of build but also in terms of his arm. Really really looking forward to see him progress at NDSU.

EC8CH
08-31-2021, 03:23 AM

It's titled the freshmen but it's pretty much all about Cole Payton. It's been mentioned already but the kid already looks the part in terms of build but also in terms of his arm. Really really looking forward to see him progress at NDSU.

Those calves demand attention.

El_Chapo
08-31-2021, 04:22 AM

my gawd is his delivery smooth. I'm telling you they only show about 1 minute of him throwing, because if they showed you 10 minutes of him throwing there'd be a helluva qb controversy.

Dude is legit

EC8CH
08-31-2021, 04:39 AM
my gawd is his delivery smooth. I'm telling you they only show about 1 minute of him throwing, because if they showed you 10 minutes of him throwing there'd be a helluva qb controversy.

Dude is legit

Back of the bus Chapo. Kev and I are driving this thing.

El_Chapo
08-31-2021, 05:12 AM
Back of the bus Chapo. Kev and I are driving this thing.

don't make me Nick Mertens this thing up!!!
love ya Nicky:)

THEsocalledfan
08-31-2021, 01:29 PM

Dude is legit

Chapo is NOT wrong on this. Ball literally explodes out of his hand like it did out of Carson's and Trey's. My goodness, Frost really screwed the pooch again. Not a huge Keith B. fan, but he had a great quote yesterday when talking to Cole. Paraphrasing, "NDSU has sent more Nebraska kids in the last 5 years to the NFL draft than Nebraska."

EC8CH
08-31-2021, 01:30 PM
Chapo is NOT wrong on this. Ball literally explodes out of his hand like it did out of Carson's and Trey's. My goodness, Frost really screwed the pooch again. Not a huge Keith B. fan, but he had a great quote yesterday when talking to Cole. Paraphrasing, "NDSU has sent more Nebraska kids in the last 5 years to the NFL draft than Nebraska."

Power comes from his calves.

Twincitybizon
08-31-2021, 04:08 PM

In fairness Nebraska tried getting in there. It was just too late

Kevin
08-31-2021, 05:25 PM
Just watched the new episode. Wish QP nothing but the best but when it comes down to the best QB winning the job I just can't believe it won't be Payton. Maybe not this year, but certainly next.

But maybe this year. Especially if they take advantage of the 4 games he can play.

Bisonator98
08-31-2021, 06:01 PM

Lol yeah I'd say way too late, after his senior season??? :rofl:

Twincitybizon
08-31-2021, 06:16 PM

Maybe they were afraid of lefties?

TAILG8R
08-31-2021, 06:19 PM
Maybe they were afraid of talent?

Fixed that for you

Twincitybizon
08-31-2021, 06:23 PM
Fixed that for you

Judging by the quality of football being played you're probably right. Lol

THEsocalledfan
08-31-2021, 08:08 PM
Just watched the new episode. Wish QP nothing but the best but when it comes down to the best QB winning the job I just can't believe it won't be Payton. Maybe not this year, but certainly next.

But maybe this year. Especially if they take advantage of the 4 games he can play.

Well, if QP did tear it up (big, big if), I could still see him sitting just like Carson did behind Brock. Everyone knew Carson was a stud, but Brock Jensen was Brock Fucking Jensen and the rest is history.

Kevin
08-31-2021, 08:12 PM
Well, if QP did tear it up (big, big if), I could still see him sitting just like Carson did behind Brock. Everyone knew Carson was a stud, but Brock Jensen was Brock Fucking Jensen and the rest is history.

Agree, if QP wins (even ugly) he should start.

But if we struggle and the completion percentage is under 60%.......

bruinbison
08-31-2021, 08:24 PM

Nebraska felt it had already recruited the top QB prospect in the state, Heinrich Haarberg (6'5" 200) from Kearney NE (Catholic). 3 star, 5th ranked prospect in Nebraska, 14 offers https://247sports.com/Player/Heinrich-Haarberg-46098254/high-school-246602/

Can’t blame Cole Payton if he thought the Cornhuskers would treylance him and recruit him on defense……iirc that is what they were doing - good LB prospect also . He was a 2 star, 14th ranked prospect in Nebraska, 6 offers. (Although that early May commit to NDSU might have slowed down offers & stars plus Nebraska and Iowa State never got added even though Bison fans may know those stories……) https://247sports.com/player/cole-payton-46100074/

So just as Bison fans might check on Cole Payton/Trey Feeney once in a while, Husker fans can check on Heinrich Haarberg/Cole Payton once in a while……

Gothmog
08-31-2021, 08:27 PM

IMO, there's zero chance Payton ever starts over Patterson. We're talking a 4-star HS recruit vs a 2-star. Physically it's a man vs. a boy.

coloradobison
08-31-2021, 08:33 PM
IMO, there's zero chance Payton ever starts over Patterson. We're talking a 4-star HS recruit vs a 2-star. Physically it's a man vs. a boy.

QB is more about physical traits

TAILG8R
08-31-2021, 09:33 PM
IMO, there's zero chance Payton ever starts over Patterson. We're talking a 4-star HS recruit vs a 2-star. Physically it's a man vs. a boy.Have you seen them side by side? There isn't a real man vs boy feel.

Gothmog
08-31-2021, 10:10 PM
Have you seen them side by side? There isn't a real man vs boy feel.

Have you? Quincy is 245 with almost no body fat. At 221, Cole is a chubby little boy by comparison.

Professor Chaos
08-31-2021, 10:15 PM
Have you? Quincy is 245 with almost no body fat. At 221, Cole is a chubby little boy by comparison.
Anyone who's seen post #22 of this thread has:

Quincy is built but Cole is not that far behind (if at all) physically for being a true freshman vs a redshirt junior.

EC8CH
08-31-2021, 10:37 PM
QB is more about physical traits

Specifically calf size.

EC8CH
08-31-2021, 10:42 PM

This is hillarious.

TAILG8R
08-31-2021, 11:22 PM
This is hillarious.It's almost like he hates Cole for some reason. Maybe Cole didn't ask his niece to the prom.

OrygunBison
08-31-2021, 11:32 PM
It's almost like he hates Cole for some reason. Maybe Cole didn't ask his nice to the prom.

Maybe I need to watch the episode from yesterday again but I left it quite underwhelmed, particularly given the hype. Seems like he'll grow into the position, though.

TAILG8R
09-01-2021, 02:06 AM
Maybe I need to watch the episode from yesterday again but I left it quite underwhelmed, particularly given the hype. Seems like he'll grow into the position, though.Not sure the episode did anything for me but it didn't hurt either. The thing that has me intrigued is coach Hedberg goes out of his way in interviews to talk about how impressed he is with Cole and how much better he is than he thought that he's gotten to work with him in person.

HerdBot
09-01-2021, 03:36 AM
Maybe I need to watch the episode from yesterday again but I left it quite underwhelmed, particularly given the hype. Seems like he'll grow into the position, though.

Cole is an 18 year old kid. Shit all our QBs are young. Cam isn't even old enough to legally buy a beer. Quincy Patterson is a man compared to the rest of the room

No_Skill
09-01-2021, 11:21 AM
https://c.tenor.com/7G6vfzOA-_IAAAAM/man-40.gif

MankatoBison
09-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Cole has more impressive throws in his 9 min vid than QP and CM have had in their entire college careers combined. :eek:

Wow I would not be shocked if the first time a QB not named Quincy sees the field this year, that it is Cole. I am all aboard the hype train, holy cow

HerdBot
09-01-2021, 02:11 PM
https://c.tenor.com/7G6vfzOA-_IAAAAM/man-40.gif

Rumor has it, Zeb is actually 40

HerdBot
09-01-2021, 02:13 PM
Cole has more impressive throws in his 9 min vid than QP and CM have had in their entire college careers combined. :eek:

Wow I would not be shocked if the first time a QB not named Quincy sees the field this year, that it is Cole. I am all aboard the hype train, holy cow

If you watch again, half those throws are by right handed QBs which means they were Anderson or Woodin. Cole does have a great arm though and he is strong and can move

Professor Chaos
09-01-2021, 02:18 PM
Rumor has it, Zeb is actually 40
https://www.tetongravity.com/images/ci-images/40211/tommy-boy-tommy-boy-33341523-250-184.gif

Twincitybizon
09-01-2021, 03:01 PM
If you watch again, half those throws are by right handed QBs which means they were Anderson or Woodin. Cole does have a great arm though and he is strong and can move

Yeah I don't really enjoy some in here downplaying the other two qbs featured in the freshmen segment. Having a tight qb room with retention is a big deal and helps if an injury or player leaves early (draft) for continuity. Cole Davis example. Players coach up players and they're all contributing right now. JMO

Elite
09-01-2021, 03:23 PM

http://www.nbatitlechase.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PHOTO-One-Of-These-Two-Is-A-Starting-QB-In-The-NFL-The-Other-Doesnt-Have-A-Job-Mac-Jones-Cam-Newton-Meme.jpg

thebigund
09-01-2021, 05:18 PM
Lefty qb who was also a good defensive prospect? Seems like a tradition in these parts. Just put him at LB already.

EC8CH
09-01-2021, 05:22 PM
Yeah I don't really enjoy some in here downplaying the other two qbs featured in the freshmen segment. Having a tight qb room with retention is a big deal and helps if an injury or player leaves early (draft) for continuity. Cole Davis example. Players coach up players and they're all contributing right now. JMO

"He murmured to himself as the Hype Train passed him by..."

Twincitybizon
09-01-2021, 05:59 PM
"He murmured to himself as the Hype Train passed him by..."

Eh I can be excited without pretending the episode didn't feature 2 other freshmen also.

TAILG8R
09-01-2021, 07:12 PM
The episode is title The Freshmen not The Freshman.

Gothmog
09-02-2021, 12:41 AM

You do understand that QP was a 4-star recruit and an Elite 11 finalist. Cole Payton is not in his league.

ByeSonBusiness
09-02-2021, 12:48 AM

Respect the commitment. I wonder how tempting it was.... had to be a bit tough.

ByeSonBusiness
09-02-2021, 12:49 AM
Lefty qb who was also a good defensive prospect? Seems like a tradition in these parts. Just put him at LB already.

Lmaooooo i mean....

Kevin
09-02-2021, 12:50 AM
The episode is title The Freshmen not The Freshman.

They should have titled it the southpaw who’s going to break eastons records.

Gothmog
09-02-2021, 01:13 AM

It's more likely that he ends up in the transfer portal. Quincy has three years of eligibility left. Barring injury, or the NFL Draft, he will be the starter all of those years. Is Cole Payton willing to wait and potentially risk that, by then, NDSU has a new wunderkind recruit?

mtoutfitter
09-02-2021, 03:26 AM
He hasn't played a game yet and people are already calling him a 3 yr starter.....sounds Zeb like, cept that was a 2 yr deal.

Kevin
09-02-2021, 03:30 AM
He hasn't played a game yet and people are already calling him a 3 yr starter.....sounds Zeb like, cept that was a 2 yr deal.

No one except lakes thought that.

EC8CH
09-02-2021, 03:31 AM
They should have titled it the southpaw who’s going to break eastons records.

Kev speaks truth.

TAILG8R
09-02-2021, 12:55 PM
He hasn't played a game yet and people are already calling him a 3 yr starter.....sounds Zeb like, cept that was a 2 yr deal.I believe only gothmog and his hatred for Cole has been announcing QP an all time great.

Bisonator98
09-02-2021, 02:34 PM

You do understand that QP was a 4-star recruit and an Elite 11 finalist. Cole Payton is not in his league.

It's more likely that he ends up in the transfer portal. Quincy has three years of eligibility left. Barring injury, or the NFL Draft, he will be the starter all of those years. Is Cole Payton willing to wait and potentially risk that, by then, NDSU has a new wunderkind recruit?

Keeping these for future reference:innocent:

Kevin
09-02-2021, 02:37 PM

He's to QP as Lakes was to Mertens.

And Jose.

And Zeb.

If stars and the opinion of scouts were all that mattered we wouldn't have won shit in the last ten years. Easton Stick and Brock Jensen wouldn't be the two winningest QB's in division history.

Also, I'm all for QP starting if he's half as good as this guy seems to think. But under 50% completion percentage isn't going to work in our offense. If that isn't corrected I wouldn't count out Payton as early as this year.

Gothmog
09-02-2021, 04:58 PM
He's to QP as Lakes was to Mertens.

And Jose.

And Zeb.

If stars and the opinion of scouts were all that mattered we wouldn't have won shit in the last ten years. Easton Stick and Brock Jensen wouldn't be the two winningest QB's in division history.

Also, I'm all for QP starting if he's half as good as this guy seems to think. But under 50% completion percentage isn't going to work in our offense. If that isn't corrected I wouldn't count out Payton as early as this year.

QP never got a chance at Va Tech - 22 total completions playing against P5 defenses. That sample size makes his Va Tech statistics meaningless. His completion percentage is low because of one poor game (9 of 28) against Notre Dame in 2019.

The guy has phenomenal arm talent. You needn't worry about his completion percentage in FCS.

Gothmog
09-02-2021, 05:40 PM
If you're interested, here's an article about what happened to Quincy at Va Tech:

https://www.gobblercountry.com/2021/8/28/22646578/former-vt-qb-quincy-patterson-named-starter-at-north-dakota-state

reformedUNDfan
09-02-2021, 09:43 PM
Basicly Derrick Henry playing QB

Gothmog
09-03-2021, 07:52 PM
Basicly Derrick Henry playing QB

Not sure Derrick Henry can throw the ball 80 yards.

Kevin
09-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Not sure Derrick Henry can throw the ball 80 yards.

Not sure he can't.

Gothmog
09-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Not sure he can't.

He does have a 66.7% completion percentage in the NFL(2 of 3). That must mean something...

El_Chapo
09-04-2021, 07:18 PM
all 3 up close in video

https://www.facebook.com/173056579547693/posts/1791277337725601/

oldmantutters
09-04-2021, 08:07 PM
all 3 up close in video

https://www.facebook.com/173056579547693/posts/1791277337725601/CP had some size for a freshman but QP looks like a man!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 03:42 PM

Please do.

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 03:45 PM
I believe only gothmog and his hatred for Cole has been announcing QP an all time great.

Who says I hate Cole Payton? I simply recognize that Quincy Patterson is a freakishly talented athlete who, barring injury, is likely to be NDSU's next great QB.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:13 PM
Who says I hate Cole Payton? I simply recognize that Quincy Patterson is a freakishly talented athlete who, barring injury, is likely to be NDSU's next great QB.

QP is a transfer, possibly a good one, brought in to fill a hole left by an unexpected early departure to the NFL by Lance. CP is the planned next great NDSU QB. He will challenge to start next year, and will definitely start in two. His calves, are, glorious!

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 04:51 PM
QP is a transfer, possibly a good one, brought in to fill a hole left by an unexpected early departure to the NFL by Lance. CP is the planned next great NDSU QB. He will challenge to start next year, and will definitely start in two. His calves, are, glorious!

That's not the way it works. QP is the better player, and I might add, by far, the more highly regarded player. QP had 31 scholarship offers, including 21 FBS offers, 6 Big Ten offers, and 3 SEC offers. CP had 6 FCS offers ... there's a reason.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 04:55 PM
That's not the way it works. QP is the better player, and I might add, by far, the more highly regarded player. QP had 31 scholarship offers, including 21 FBS offers, 6 Big Ten offers, and 3 SEC offers. CP had 6 FCS offers ... there's a reason.

So the way it works then is comparing offer lists and getting hard for FBS offers? Not really how it's worked at NDSU especially at QB, but you and Lakes have fun with that.

Calf size comparison is how my world works.

1998braves64
09-05-2021, 04:56 PM
That's not the way it works. QP is the better player, and I might add, by far, the more highly regarded player. QP had 31 scholarship offers, including 21 FBS offers, 6 Big Ten offers, and 3 SEC offers. CP had 6 FCS offers ... there's a reason.Also there is a reason why QP is a transfer as well. He did not play well enough yesterday to substantiate those 31 offers imo. Not saying he played terrible but if he was living up to the hype you're giving him he should have blown us out of the water. You know a little like Trey Lance did 2 years ago...

But no arguing with you in this as doubt you'll change your mind.

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 05:43 PM
Also there is a reason why QP is a transfer as well. He did not play well enough yesterday to substantiate those 31 offers imo. Not saying he played terrible but if he was living up to the hype you're giving him he should have blown us out of the water. You know a little like Trey Lance did 2 years ago...

Quincy Patterson hasn't started a football game since 2017. Admittedly, he needs some time to knock off the rust. QP played well yesterday. I only saw one off-target pass the whole game. It doesn't matter who's starting, you have to play within the game plan, which was very conservative yesterday.

As far as what happened at Va Tech, basically, Va Tech mismanaged their QB situation to the point that no one was happy and both their 2020 starter (Hendon Hooker) and their highly-regarded recruit (QP) got pissed off and left through the transfer portal.

Gothmog
09-05-2021, 05:51 PM
Also there is a reason why QP is a transfer as well. He did not play well enough yesterday to substantiate those 31 offers imo. Not saying he played terrible but if he was living up to the hype you're giving him he should have blown us out of the water. You know a little like Trey Lance did 2 years ago...

Quincy Patterson hasn't started a football game since 2017. Admittedly, he needs some time to knock off the rust. QP played well yesterday. I only saw one off target pass the whole game. It doesn't matter who's starting, you have to play within the game plan, which was very conservative yesterday.

As far as what happened at Va Tech, basically, Va Tech mismanaged their QB situation to the point that no one was happy and both their 2020 starter (Hendon Hooker) and their highly-regarded recruit (QP) got pissed off and left through the transfer portal.

reformedUNDfan
09-05-2021, 07:10 PM
I can't believe people jumping off the wagon for a QB that threw 75% even with multiple dropped passes, and saved multiple plays with his size and athleticism.

OrygunBison
09-05-2021, 07:29 PM
Some of you guys just can't be happy unless you're bitching about something (admittedly like me here...). QP played pretty darn well yesterday, better than any single game that anyone played in during spring ball. He delivered a couple of NFL balls yesterday, including the TD that some of you were bitching about in the gameday thread. Obviously he has things to work on (thank god for that) but it was a pretty good game for anyone's first game of the season and especially for a guy that's been gameday idle for awhile. I'm really looking forward to his adjustments between games one and two.

I liked seeing CM in the game at the end. He already looks much better than how he looked at the end of spring ball. 2 of his passes were very well thrown, at least IMO having not gone back and studied it more. Anyway, glad to see that he's still all in on the team.

Regarding CP, while I'm looking forward to him eventually taking over the team, he's done absolutely nothing to justify his anointing as the "next" by so many here. Calves aside, I haven't seen anything that separates him in a positive way from Cam. He certainly looks like the real deal but I have absolutely no idea how anyone would want him to move ahead of either Quincy or Cam at this point in time.

The great thing is that this is the deepest by far that the QB room has ever been. It is pretty incredible.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 08:33 PM
Kevs the only degenerate that wants to burn Cole's redshirt. I'm just saying... Next year its an open competition.

El_Chapo
09-05-2021, 08:56 PM
Kevs the only degenerate that wants to burn Cole's redshirt. I'm just saying... Next year its an open competition.

burn it? shit. at least use his 4 games here vs Albany & naia Valpo ...

let's see him. we know Cam is good, we seen QP & he's good.

EC8CH
09-05-2021, 08:58 PM
burn it? shit. at least use his 4 games here vs Albany & naia Valpo ...

let's see him. we know Cam is good, we seen QP & he's good.

Would be a crime if we don't see him play those 4 games this year.

1998braves64
09-06-2021, 03:59 AM
I'm not complaining but a couple here are making him out to be the greatest one we've ever gotten. I wouldn't say I saw a ton of spectacular special plays. One thing he doesn't have going for him was that 6th sense to take off running when 4-5 second is up.

That said I can't say that I know for a fact anyone is any better... He's an athlete but not much more so than many of the guys that come to NDSU.

td577
09-08-2021, 01:09 AM
I'm not complaining but a couple here are making him out to be the greatest one we've ever gotten. I wouldn't say I saw a ton of spectacular special plays. One thing he doesn't have going for him was that 6th sense to take off running when 4-5 second is up.

That said I can't say that I know for a fact anyone is any better... He's an athlete but not much more so than many of the guys that come to NDSU.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.When is the last time QP has played full speed and nearly a complete game? I think it's a total of 8 games of any playing time since he graduated high school in 2018.

I'm fully confident he will be perfectly fine come conference play and will have timing down. His timing right now blows. While Watson should have caught the long ball, Patterson held too long and threw short. Also missed the blitz a couple of times more where he didn't fumble the ball. Other guys from FBS talk about the FCS being a different feel.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
09-08-2021, 01:13 AM
When is the last time QP has played full speed and nearly a complete game? I think it's a total of 8 games of any playing time since he graduated high school in 2018.

I'm fully confident he will be perfectly fine come conference play and will have timing down. His timing right now blows. While Watson should have caught the long ball, Patterson held too long and threw short. Also missed the blitz a couple of times more where he didn't fumble the ball. Other guys from FBS talk about the FCS being a different feel.

Can you put a little more color on that last sentence please?

td577
09-08-2021, 01:55 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhy?

EC8CH
09-08-2021, 02:06 AM

Ok:

"Other guys, like Steve Walker, from FBS talk about the FCS being a different feel."

Maybe that's too much color?

GreenfieldBison
09-08-2021, 02:20 AM
Hmmmmm, perhaps we have a problem with the terminology here.

When I ask for “color” I’m asking for depth, detail, expansion, analytical interpretation etc.

Perhaps this is wrong place to seek such.

Ha! No that’s right. I know it’s the wrong place. Shame on me for foolishly seeking it here.

GreenfieldBison
09-08-2021, 02:20 AM
Why?

No good reason. Sorry to bother you.

Edit: no, that’s disingenuous. I’m not sorry at all.

steelbison
09-08-2021, 03:26 AM

Maybe you missed the Qb play this spring? Because this was substantially better than anything we had to offer.

Thought QP played very well. Everyone said he wasn’ t accurate. That turned out to not be the case. Held the ball a little long at times but he has barely played in any college games. Give him to adjust.

People judging him negatively after one start are clueless.

EC8CH
09-08-2021, 03:32 AM
Maybe you missed the Qb play this spring? Because this was substantially better than anything we had to offer.

Thought QP played very well. Everyone said he wasn’ t accurate. That turned out to not be the case. Held the ball a little long at times but he has barely played in any college games. Give him to adjust.

People judging him negatively after one start are clueless.

One bad miss on third down and a few slightly late throws, otherwise he was putting it on target. I thought he performed very well in his debut.

marenlee
09-08-2021, 03:38 AM
QP2 hasn't played much football in the past few years. I watched the game again and only think a couple of the criticisms are warranted. The throw timing can easily be improved with more reps. He definitely showed some of his escapeability and running power and is not afraid to take a hit like some people have said. I am definitely much less concerned after week 1 this fall than week 1 during spring.

El_Chapo
09-25-2021, 01:53 PM
NDSU QBU = Fox Sports story

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/trey-lance-carson-wentz-top-bevy-of-pros-produced-by-north-dakota-state

TAILG8R
09-25-2021, 02:23 PM
This reminds me, was the QBU series really meant to only have 3 episodes?

ThunderDan
09-26-2021, 01:47 AM

First Western Bank only had enough budget for 3.

BisonHorns
09-26-2021, 03:51 AM

I am pretty sure I watched all 4.

HerdBot
09-26-2021, 04:43 AM

There were only 3 QBs competing so the drama is kind of gone now lol

BisonHorns
09-26-2021, 12:57 PM
Here is number 4.
https://youtu.be/mEB7yOnOhuA

EC8CH
09-26-2021, 01:55 PM
Goofer twitter is hilarious right now trying to justify how it wasn't a huge recruiting miss to not offer Lance at QB and how he isn't necessarily better than Morgan. Christ those guys can row a boat.

GreenfieldBison
09-26-2021, 02:01 PM
Goofer twitter is hilarious right now trying to justify how it wasn't a huge recruiting miss to not offer Lance at QB and how he isn't necessarily better than Morgan. Christ those guys can row a boat.

Strib article today talks about the worst Gopher upsets ever. Does not mention NDSU anywhere. Does this mean the Strib sports peeps do not see those loses as upsets?

https://www.startribune.com/worst-gophers-upset-ever-among-the-worst-in-recent-decades-at-least/600100832/

EC8CH
09-26-2021, 02:03 PM
Strib article today talks about the worst Gopher upsets ever. Does not mention NDSU anywhere. Does this mean the Strip sports peeps do not see those loses as upsets?

https://www.startribune.com/worst-gophers-upset-ever-among-the-worst-in-recent-decades-at-least/600100832/

Oh they know... they know.

TAILG8R
09-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Strib article today talks about the worst Gopher upsets ever. Does not mention NDSU anywhere. Does this mean the Strib sports peeps do not see those loses as upsets?

https://www.startribune.com/worst-gophers-upset-ever-among-the-worst-in-recent-decades-at-least/600100832/Compared to Bowling Green? Not even close. They know NDSU belongs.

GreenfieldBison
09-26-2021, 03:21 PM
Compared to Bowling Green? Not even close. They know NDSU belongs.

It's not just BG. They also mention losses to Maryland (2), Illinois, Northwestern and South Dakota.

EC8CH
09-26-2021, 03:22 PM
It's not just BG. They also mention losses to Maryland (2), Illinois, Northwestern and South Dakota.

South Dakota is a legit contender.

HerdBot
09-26-2021, 07:22 PM
South Dakota is a legit contender.

That led to the Battle of The Brewster Bowl