PDA

View Full Version : Poor ticket sales

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2021, 11:51 AM
I think this deserves its own thread. All kinds of tickets still to be had, even UNI. Is it over? Do people simply not care anymore?

Discuss.

Professor Chaos
08-16-2021, 12:11 PM
This has been building for a while if you've been paying attention. I think it's a culmination of a few factors. The games are easier than ever to stream/watch. Tickets are more expensive than ever. The home schedule this year is ugly (really wish the conference would've had SDSU and UND at home in alternating years instead of both at home every other year). Less people are going to live sports (Notre Dame had their 270 game/46 year sellout streak end in 2019). Student attendance is really waning (looks like from tickets available for sale for the last 3 home games after homecoming they're only reserving about 1400 seats for students I think). Then there's the oft mentioned complacency factor in that we have a spoiled fan base that has watched our team be dominant for so long they've lost the desire to drop any cash to see it in person since they're bored with it.

bisonaudit
08-16-2021, 12:20 PM
Global pandemic.

HerdBot
08-16-2021, 12:23 PM
I forgot they went on sale today. I'm so used to Aug 1st. Just checked a few games it doesn't look like a ton left but others look slow. But there is plenty of time

We sold 13,000 season tickets

A few reasons in no particular order

1) Covid. Some people lost faith after last year. Maybe they think the games will be cancelled, they will have to wear a mask or tailgating will be cancelled. The team just hit 85% vaccination so we won't be tested

2) spring season may have cut into people's budget and covid hasn't been good for the economy

3) lots of people who are still not vaccinated. Maybe they are scared to go out in public due to the delta varient

4) it's kind of a weak home schedule outside of UNI. Yeah I know Missouri State is good now but fans still think of them as a crappy team due to a decade of mediocre play

5) price increases?

NDSU92
08-16-2021, 12:26 PM
I think the biggest thing is the reduction in large blocks of tickets that make it look bad.

1. As mentioned, the student section is getting way less tickets. Take a thousand single game tickets off the market and it probably looks similar to years prior.

2. I would be surprised if there a lot of corporate groups that decided to not get blocks of tickets this year. One company arbitrarily deciding to not renew their block of 10 tickets has the same “impact” as 5 couples or 3 families. Yet it’s different.

That all being said, NDSU probably had one of the most exclusive tickets in all of college football. Previously you essentially had to be a booster and buy season tickets if you were going to buy tickets direct from the school. Impressive, but as has been mentioned here, not a great way to add more casual fans to your base.

I think it’s fine as long as the walk up still provides a sell out. If not we just have to hope that these are folks being cautious with COVID.

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2021, 12:37 PM
Global pandemic.

I don't buy that. Everyone other than kids can be vaccinated, and those who are not vaccinated clearly don't care/understand the risk. Now, worry NDSU will do something dumb like cancel outdoor tailgating? I could buy that as a reason.

Professor Chaos
08-16-2021, 12:40 PM
I'd be happy to be wrong but I don't think demand comes back when COVID is no longer dominating the news cycle. I don't even think COVID is a very big part of it anymore. Maybe it accelerated things or made some realize how easy it was to watch games this spring. But just look at attendance figures in the 2019 playoffs. The arrow has been pointing down in terms of demand since 2016 or maybe even longer.

Hammerhead
08-16-2021, 12:59 PM
For me it's just that I've been so burned out at work that it's hard to make too many plans when all I want to do is absolutely nothing on Saturdays.

bisonaudit
08-16-2021, 01:12 PM
I don't buy that. Everyone other than kids can be vaccinated, and those who are not vaccinated clearly don't care/understand the risk. Now, worry NDSU will do something dumb like cancel outdoor tailgating? I could buy that as a reason.

Well I can tell you for a fact that they’re down at least two fully vaccinated season ticket holders for this very reason. I have no interest sitting inside for three hours with 18,000 people I don’t know. I’ll watch on TV and radio for another year and next fall we’ll all know more about variants and lasting immune response and members of my extended household will be another year away from immune compromising medical treatments.

Certainly not the whole answer but a contributing factor.

Grizzled
08-16-2021, 01:19 PM
I forgot they went on sale today. I'm so used to Aug 1st. Just checked a few games it doesn't look like a ton left but others look slow. But there is plenty of time

1) Covid. Some people lost faith after last year. Maybe they think the games will be cancelled, they will have to wear a mask or tailgating will be cancelled. The team just hit 85% vaccination so we won't be tested

2) spring season may have cut into people's budget and covid hasn't been good for the economy

3) lots of people who are still not vaccinated. Maybe they are scared to go out in public due to the delta varient

4) it's kind of a weak home schedule outside of UNI. Yeah I know Missouri State is good now but fans still think of them as a crappy team due to a decade of mediocre play

5) price increases?

Not sure people who aren’t vaccinated by this point are scared to go out in public.

EC8CH
08-16-2021, 01:24 PM
We just need a QB to start lighting it up again.

MankatoBison
08-16-2021, 01:26 PM

1) Covid RESPONSE Some people lost faith after last year. Maybe they think the games will be cancelled, they will have to wear a mask or tailgating will be cancelled. The team just hit 85% vaccination so we won't be tested

3) lots of people who are still not vaccinated. Maybe they are scared to go out in public due to the delta varient Lol at thinking that the unvaccinated people are the ones afraid. I think the vax is great but it is clear that the vaccinated folks are the ones making unreasonable demands. I havent met or even HEARD of one unvaccinated person ask others to wear a mask or stay inside or avoid crowds for their own benefit.

4) it's kind of a weak home schedule outside of UNI. Yeah I know Missouri State is good now but fans still think of them as a crappy team due to a decade of mediocre play -YES

5) price increases?

Guys its NOT BISON FATIGUE THO! Whatever you do, dont even let that thought creep into your mind. It couldnt be that we are in a division packed to the brim with programs that literally do not give 2 shits about football. It couldnt be that our average score over the last decade is approximately 38-7. It couldnt be that we've done literally everything there is to do at this level of football to the point where we are perhaps the most dominant program in college football history- not because we've risen to such unthinkable heights- but rather we're playing a bunch of F*cking high school teams for an entire decade straight. It couldnt be that the average fan believes we should be improving the dome, instead of sitting in blue and red cloth seats, staring a field with lines that look like they were painted by a drunkard. It couldnt be that the average fan wants to be able to buy a beer at a home game. It simply CANNOT BE ANY OF THESE THINGS, so F*ck you if you disagree!

You know what the real problem is??? those G.D. yellow jerseys and green helmets..... the whole program went to the shitter when we started allowing our players to dress like PUNKS on the field.... those Mother effin harvest helmets.... ruined everything...

MankatoBison
08-16-2021, 01:29 PM
I'd be happy to be wrong but I don't think demand comes back when COVID is no longer dominating the news cycle. I don't even think COVID is a very big part of it anymore. Maybe it accelerated things or made some realize how easy it was to watch games this spring. But just look at attendance figures in the 2019 playoffs. The arrow has been pointing down in terms of demand since 2016 or maybe even longer.

Correct. Using "Covid" as the reason people arent flocking to games straight up ignores all reality and is used by the #FCSForever Crowd to help them pretend that Bison Fatigue doesnt exist

MankatoBison
08-16-2021, 01:32 PM
Well I can tell you for a fact that they’re down at least two fully vaccinated season ticket holders for this very reason. I have no interest sitting inside for three hours with 18,000 people I don’t know. I’ll watch on TV and radio for another year and next fall we’ll all know more about variants and lasting immune response and members of my extended household will be another year away from immune compromising medical treatments.

Lol you just proved his point. The OP said that its UNVACCINATED people who are afraid to go to games. which is obviously not true.
Its the Vaccinated people that are scared shitless to go outside again, even though the vax is extraordinarily effective. Seriously, if you have the vax and are still afraid, you are the definition of a science denier. Not alot of #TrustingScience going on with that crowd, (un)shockingly

I just bought tix to the UND game in grand forko. I literally didnt consider buying tickets to home games this year. and here were my reasons in no particular order:
1. Home schedule sucks. I have no interest in paying over $200 for my family to see Albany Missouri state, or even UNI at this point. They arent good any more. UNI used to be incredible, they suck now.
2. Schadenfreude is like heroine to me. There is nothing more satisfying as a fan than to go to a game where the entire opposing fan base has pushed all their chips in. They have placed their entire self worth on the outcome of the game, only to have the Bison rip out their hearts- indiana jones style - take a bite and spit it back in their face and laugh. I love walking into other teams bar scene and taking over. Its so damn satisfying lol. And for that reason, the UND game was the only real option on this years schedule.

I'll probably pull the trigger on a home game to take my boys (4/2), and we'll all fall asleep at halftime, and we'll enjoy ourselves. But honestly the only games I'm excited for in the future are FBS games, National Title games, and the US Bank game and some SDSU games. thats it. Sad really

El_Chapo
08-16-2021, 01:48 PM
FBS OR BUST. we have reached the Plateau 4-5 years ago

Trey Lance masked/saved us for 2-3 years.

Blame the administration for sitting on hands

HerdBot
08-16-2021, 02:04 PM
Correct. Using "Covid" as the reason people arent flocking to games straight up ignores all reality and is used by the #FCSForever Crowd to help them pretend that Bison Fatigue doesnt exist

Fatigue has always been real but to deny a global pandemic that cancelled tailgating, limited fans, made us wear masks, cancelled game last year, delayed multiple games and kicked out the best team in the College World Series isn't an issue is laughable. It's possible it could be both. I mean we sucked last year. How is that Fatigue?

Bison Dan
08-16-2021, 02:38 PM
Lol you just proved his point. The OP said that its UNVACCINATED people who are afraid to go to games. which is obviously not true.
Its the Vaccinated people that are scared shitless to go outside again, even though the vax is extraordinarily effective. Seriously, if you have the vax and are still afraid, you are the definition of a science denier. Not alot of #TrustingScience going on with that crowd, (un)shockingly

I just bought tix to the UND game in grand forko. I literally didnt consider buying tickets to home games this year. and here were my reasons in no particular order:
1. Home schedule sucks. I have no interest in paying over $200 for my family to see Albany Missouri state, or even UNI at this point. They arent good any more. UNI used to be incredible, they suck now.
2. Schadenfreude is like heroine to me. There is nothing more satisfying as a fan than to go to a game where the entire opposing fan base has pushed all their chips in. They have placed their entire self worth on the outcome of the game, only to have the Bison rip out their hearts- indiana jones style - take a bite and spit it back in their face and laugh. I love walking into other teams bar scene and taking over. Its so damn satisfying lol. And for that reason, the UND game was the only real option on this years schedule.

I'll probably pull the trigger on a home game to take my boys (4/2), and we'll all fall asleep at halftime, and we'll enjoy ourselves. But honestly the only games I'm excited for in the future are FBS games, National Title games, and the US Bank game and some SDSU games. thats it. Sad really

Your a true fan.

MankatoBison
08-16-2021, 02:40 PM
Fatigue has always been real but to deny a global pandemic that cancelled tailgating, limited fans, made us wear masks, cancelled game last year, delayed multiple games and kicked out the best team in the College World Series isn't an issue is laughable. It's possible it could be both. I mean we sucked last year. How is that Fatigue?

I'm not denying its a Factor, I'm denying that it is THE factor. Specifically the fear of the virus. If anything, people are afraid of the reaction to it- masks, no tailgating, limited capacity etc. They dont want to go to a game under those circumstances. especially to curb stomp indiana state again.

Covid doesnt explain why attendance has been dipping for 5 years straight lol. Bison Fatigue does. Covid has just accelerated the fatigue. We all know we're going to piss pound everyone on the home schedule. but now being told we have to wear a mask (or whatever the precaution(s) may be), still pay 55$ to sit in a potentially 25% crowd (precaution) to watch us piss poudn another high school team?? not worth it.

If we were hosting wyoming week one? even with masks, we would be at 100% sell out. The opponents and the quality of football is, and always has been, the #1 driver of fan engagement and its not even close.

wagsabison
08-16-2021, 02:45 PM
I think the casual sports fan lost interest over the last year or two. Not Bison specific but sports in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2021, 02:46 PM
I'm not denying its a Factor, I'm denying that it is THE factor. Specifically the fear of the virus. If anything, people are afraid of the reaction to it- masks, no tailgating, limited capacity etc. They dont want to go to a game under those circumstances. especially to curb stomp indiana state again.

Covid doesnt explain why attendance has been dipping for 5 years straight lol. Bison Fatigue does. Covid has just accelerated the fatigue. We all know we're going to piss pound everyone on the home schedule. but now being told we have to wear a mask (or whatever the precaution(s) may be), still pay 55$ to sit in a potentially 25% crowd (precaution) to watch us piss poudn another high school team?? not worth it.

If we were hosting wyoming week one? even with masks, we would be at 100% sell out. The opponents and the quality of football is, and always has been, the #1 driver of fan engagement and its not even close.

Have they said they are requiring masks? I've not heard that and will be livid if they did. I'm vaccinated and could use a booster. I have no interest in protecting the unvaccinated.

HerdistheWord
08-16-2021, 02:49 PM

I’m probably not the majority here, but I am waiting to see how the Delta variant burns through the state until I buy tickets to any large events. I am hoping to catch some games in person, but I’m not going to risk my health to do so.

HerdBot
08-16-2021, 02:54 PM

If we were hosting wyoming week one? even with masks, we would be at 100% capacity. The opponents and the quality of football is, and always has been, the #1 driver of fan engagement and its not even close.

We can agree there but using Covid is no different than saying it's because we're not FBS. And I support moving up BTW.

But I bet you by the end of the day, most of the tickets will be gone and this post will be irrelevant. I'm looking at the tickets now and it's really not that bad at all.

Game 1 and 2 - about 6 rows in top corners of north endzone and about 8 rows of top seats in the south endzone for about 4 sections. A few top row above the students. Northwest corner above the visitor seats has a few.

UNI look like it's selling better than those games

The last 3 games seem to be slower but that's Indiana State and Misery State. Let's see how it looks tomorrow mornings.

totoinfl
08-16-2021, 03:08 PM
We can agree there but using Covid is no different than saying it's because we're not FBS. And I support moving up BTW.

But I bet you by the end of the day, most of the tickets will be gone and this post will be irrelevant. I'm looking at the tickets now and it's really not that bad at all.

Game 1 and 2 - about 6 rows in top corners of north endzone and about 8 rows of top seats in the south endzone for about 4 sections. A few top row above the students. Northwest corner above the visitor seats has a few.

UNI look like it's selling better than those games

The last 3 games seem to be slower but that's Indiana State and Misery State. Let's see how it looks tomorrow mornings.

The Misery State game might be interesting. They are better than they have been in a long time...if you believe pre-season scuttlebutt they might be in the hunt for a playoff spot and that game might be important.

StL Bison Fan
08-16-2021, 03:18 PM
Have they said they are requiring masks? I've not heard that and will be livid if they did. I'm vaccinated and could use a booster. I have no interest in protecting the unvaccinated.

All of the people who sit around us have young children at home. Kids too young to get vaccinated right now. We will probably wear masks to protect them as we are vaccinated. I could care less about unvaccinated people, with the exception of people who truly cannot. Heck, even my dog has to have vaccinations to go to the groomers.

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2021, 03:23 PM
All of the people who sit around us have young children at home. Kids too young to get vaccinated right now. We will probably wear masks to protect them as we are vaccinated. I could care less about unvaccinated people, with the exception of people who truly cannot. Heck, even my dog has to have vaccinations to go to the groomers.

Good point.....can't argue with the logic.

tjbison
08-16-2021, 04:35 PM
Valpo, Albany, Misery St, Indiana ST, USD...and to some extent UNI lets face it they are not what they were 10 years ago

Schedule sucks, and the prices they charge are stopping people, period

NDSUKurt
08-16-2021, 04:52 PM
A few things -

1. People are still determining what the fall will be like with restrictions, etc. from COVID. People don't want to make plans if they are going to be cancelled in the future.

2. People don't like the opponents that are coming to the Fargodome this season. I was, and still am really looking forward to the matchup with Albany - they have a great QB and I personally think it will be a very good game, one that NDSU may lose. If my wife was not required to be within 2 hours of Madison for her job that weekend, we would be at that game.

3. For many fans, travel is a problem. Hotel prices have really jumped this summer, and we all see what has gone on with the price of gas. The "extra costs" to attend games may be pricing some fans out.

4. Lost of families have other evets and activities starting up this fall that they don't want to miss out on.

5. Some fans may be looking to future games and/or seasons. I am going to the Illinois State game because it is closer, and I am planning to attend a home playoff game in December this season. Next year, I am planning to go to the game at Arizona, so I will probably not attend any in Fargo (and I am really looking forward to the North Carolina A&T game, but being on the road 2 weekends in a row is a lot for my family). The same thing goes for 2023 with the game at US Bank Stadium. That game is much closer, and as much as I like the matchup with Maine, being gone 2 weekends in a row is a little much.

6. Watching the games on the ESPN platform is really easy for most, and it costs less than tickets, travel, and other costs.

7. NDSU fans have become bored and expect continued winning. The sustained success has made fan less interested in he "average" games and many wait until later in the season to tend. This is a fact. In the early 2010's, people were just happy to get tickets to any game, no matter ifit as against SDSU or Incarnate Word. Now fans have become more selective with who they watch.

Herd
08-16-2021, 05:13 PM
I think there are a lot of excuses listed in some of the above posts.

If we have a Trey Lance in the saddle, and we knew the team had the swag for a NC Run, we could count on 18,500 each week. The team has lost it's edge, so that is weighing on 2021 right now. Next year when our home schedule is . . . Boise, Wyoming, San Diego State, Air Force, Colorado State . . . with OOC at MN, at Oregon, and home to Cincinnati, all should be well.

Bison 4 Life
08-16-2021, 05:20 PM

Which will drive away the risk-averse.

EC8CH
08-16-2021, 05:23 PM

If we have a Trey Lance in the saddle, and we knew the team had the swag for a NC Run, we could count on 18,500 each week. The team has lost it's edge, so that is weighing on 2021 right now. Next year when our home schedule is . . . Boise, Wyoming, San Diego State, Air Force, Colorado State . . . with OOC at MN, at Oregon, and home to Cincinnati, all should be well.

Why I said we just need a QB to step up and start lighting up the scoreboard. Boom, problem solved.

Hammerhead
08-16-2021, 05:36 PM

I'm actually more excited to see how this team does than most years where nearly every game is a blowout before halftime.

HerdBot
08-16-2021, 06:07 PM
I also think the atmosphere has slowly gotten worse. What ever happened to Bison chants, the bison mobile app with the strobe, and certain traditions. I think they even stopped playing Three Dog Night Joy to the World and replaced it with some lame ass video board promo. With less students and more old people who are too shy to cheer loud, it's just gotten worse.

BisonHorns
08-16-2021, 06:32 PM
Too expensive. There used to be buy 1 get 1 tickets. Now to take a family of four to a game you are looking at 200 just to get in then another 50 for snacks. That is 17 hours of work or a weeks worth of groceries. This doesnt even figure in Teammakers. Other places the Bison play the tickets are less than 20 bucks. Less families going means that as our older fans pass away they are less likely to be replaced. Also at those prices people plan to attend one game a year rather than wanting to support the team at every game. I may be right but I maybe crazy.

ndsubison1
08-16-2021, 06:33 PM
People also tired of politics creeping into sports.

ndsubison1
08-16-2021, 06:34 PM
Global pandemic.

Life looks pretty normal where I live. You sure there's still a "pandemic'?

EC8CH
08-16-2021, 06:39 PM
Life looks pretty normal where I live. You sure there's still a "pandemic'?

You must not live along the gulf coast?

BisonHorns
08-16-2021, 06:40 PM
For me personally, next year I plan on buying tickets week by week rather than the four season tickets I have had for many years. Every year I have been told there is no chance to move to better seats yet fresh faces are always moving in ahead of us. Same thing caused us to drop our 4 basketball seats. This year I did not even hear from the ticket department about our football request. So maybe some costumer dissatisfaction working into the system too.

56BISON73
08-16-2021, 06:51 PM

We agree..

56BISON73
08-16-2021, 06:52 PM

Agree!!!!!!!!!!

reformedUNDfan
08-16-2021, 07:23 PM
People also missing that the farm economy is getting absolutely pummeled by a drought.

There have always been politics in sports, why do you think we do something as bizarre as play the national anthem during a domestic sports game?

KTF
08-16-2021, 07:52 PM
We split our season tickets with a friend of ours. I am looking to sell my 3 games, however I will be selling them as the season goes to see how the covid impact is going. I would ultimately like to attend if possible. Like a few have stated, we are fully vaccinated (except for our youngest in-eligible) but do not want to attend a game with a full dome of people I don't know or don't know where they came from. We feel that we will have enough risk just sending our kids back to school, why add more risk to our life.

If you look at the numbers North Dakota has a low number of vaccinated compared to the states around it... Why would I want to go to a potential hotspot?

Hammerhead
08-16-2021, 07:58 PM
That was also part of my decision not to buy tickets in the presale for Team Makers. I was hoping if we decide to go to any games we might get better tickets from someone looking to sell season tickets instead of the our normal spot above row AA in the end zone.

We split our season tickets with a friend of ours. I am looking to sell my 3 games, however I will be selling them as the season goes to see how the covid impact is going. I would ultimately like to attend if possible. Like a few have stated, we are fully vaccinated (except for our youngest in-eligible) but do not want to attend a game with a full dome of people I don't know or don't know where they came from. We feel that we will have enough risk just sending our kids back to school, why add more risk to our life.

If you look at the numbers North Dakota has a low number of vaccinated compared to the states around it... Why would I want to go to a potential hotspot?

KTF
08-16-2021, 08:15 PM
That was also part of my decision not to buy tickets in the presale for Team Makers. I was hoping if we decide to go to any games we might get better tickets from someone looking to sell season tickets instead of the our normal spot above row AA in the end zone.

We would have dumped our tickets a few years ago if it was not for splitting. Everything mentioned in this thread has happened to us.
-expectations of just winning
-fatique of traveling and the cost
-fatique of going to games that are not close
-ESPN3 is so much more convenient to watch as my seats aren't great...

What I would miss is the excitement from the big plays that you just can't feel on the tv...

Hammerhead
08-16-2021, 09:34 PM
We would have dumped our tickets a few years ago if it was not for splitting. Everything mentioned in this thread has happened to us.
-expectations of just winning
-fatique of traveling and the cost
-fatique of going to games that are not close
-ESPN3 is so much more convenient to watch as my seats aren't great...

What I would miss is the excitement from the big plays that you just can't feel on the tv...

We do miss watching plays develop when you can see the whole field instead at once and the roar of the crowd is fun. It just might not be so fun wearing a mask.

Snowgoose
08-16-2021, 09:59 PM
If you look at the numbers North Dakota has a low number of vaccinated compared to the states around it... Why would I want to go to a potential hotspot?[/QUOTE]

A positive way to look at the unvaccinated numbers are the fact that ND had a very high rate of people getting Covid last year. Don't go by what the numbers say either as 90% of the people I know did not officially get tested when they in fact had it. And people that have had Covid have a better immune response than do people that have had the Vaccine greater than 6 months ago. Vaccinated individuals will need boosters and also unvaccinated may need a booster. I personally have a friend that got it twice so it does happen although the second time was basically asymptomatic just like a vaccine.

El_Chapo
08-16-2021, 10:55 PM
Bresciani needs to call Rob Sobolik to tomorrow and say

"open the taps, we are having beer, 21+ wristband.....starts 1st game"

let's make it a party in there.

Twincitybizon
08-16-2021, 11:00 PM
Bresciani needs to call Rob Sobolik to tomorrow and say

"open the taps, we are having beer, 21+ wristband.....starts 1st game"

let's make it a party in there.

You so rarely have good ideas I've got to give you credit when it's due solid idea

HerdBot
08-16-2021, 11:24 PM

Thats about as silly as people claiming TV ratings are declining because of politics when the cable industry in in shambles and virtually every channel down 40-80% year over year

Tickets are slowing for many reasons including a mediocre schedule, covid, the uncertainty of covid, bitterness of canceling tailgating, and cutting capacity from last year. But politics isn't significant at all

KSBisonFan
08-16-2021, 11:48 PM
For me, it's the schedule and nothing else.

It's an 8 hour drive for me to home games. I've always taken advantage of buying the Team Makers non-season ticket holder seats they allow me, usually 2 home games. It's a vacation with family so it's not about the price of tickets. I've even planned around a Bison football/basketball/hunting road trip back to ND. The home schedule this year just sucks. If there was a good road game, I'm in. Not this year.

I can tune out the politics and Covid BS for Bison football if it's a good game. It's just not worth it this year. I'll watch every game on TV instead.

56BISON73
08-17-2021, 12:20 AM
Thats about as silly as people claiming TV ratings are declining because of politics when the cable industry in in shambles and virtually every channel down 40-80% year over year

Tickets are slowing for many reasons including a mediocre schedule, covid, the uncertainty of covid, bitterness of canceling tailgating, and cutting capacity from last year. But politics isn't significant at all

You know this how?

No_Skill
08-17-2021, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a survey is needed.

...not on this thread, but of actual past ticket buyers.

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 03:26 AM
Just don't goto UND game. let's have zero fans up there & let our players kick there asses.

that's an ultimate F U haha. treat them like Indiana State.

I don't know anyone thats going. hell we going to Eric Church up there night b4 & getting the hell out after back to Fargo

td577
08-17-2021, 06:50 AM
I think there has been a change in Bison culture and covid has a lot to do with it.

Without covid, does Trey Lance leave early? Spring football was completely irrelevant from a competitive standpoint. That was just a bunch of scrimmages. I know it was irrelevant because players opted out. Other Bison players simply had enough, as well. If student/athletes are calling it quits, why is it important to regular fan?

Is everything really back on? Last fall everyone thought they were going to see the Bison play their only game to have that pulled at the last possible moment. No tailgating in the spring when being outside is about the safest activity you can do. Bison football is about the entire experience and there are a lot who will not invest back into it until they see the product looks like it used to.

Money plays a part and for a lot, covid has not been kind. It has either been straight up costly or created a lot of uncertainty. My family has done better than most, but I'm cautious about investing any more than normal into ndsu because I need to continue building backup funds in case things go bad. No expansion into a higher club when it finally is available. That might have opened up opportunities for someone else.

As things become more certain it will probably become a game of musical chairs and there will be some people who use to have a chair left standing when the music stops. Maybe this isn't a bad thing. The next iteration of fans might bring a different level of energy and a different commitment to financing the Bison future. Or maybe we will have a future of fans who will only pay as they go because they need to see they are going to get what they pay for before they spend money.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

NDSU92
08-17-2021, 11:43 AM
IMO, the gameday activity folks really need to step it up. I was in school through 2014 and have been back up for a home game about once every other year since then. The gameday experience appears the same as it did in 2012. Especially for the students. I mean shit, we have 8 regular season games and three playoff games every year. Doing the same thing 11 out of 15 weeks probably gets boring for the casual fan student. Probably a reason it’s mostly underclassmen going to games.

Same announcer. Same shitty songs. Same raffle in the fourth quarter. Same fireworks. Same fake noise meter.

Bison 4 Life
08-17-2021, 11:56 AM
Just don't goto UND game. let's have zero fans up there & let our players kick there asses.

that's an ultimate F U haha. treat them like Indiana State.

I don't know anyone thats going. hell we going to Eric Church up there night b4 & getting the hell out after back to Fargo

It has to be exhausting to be this petty.

I go to Indiana State because it's close.

NDSU2006
08-17-2021, 12:37 PM
IMO, the gameday activity folks really need to step it up. I was in school through 2014 and have been back up for a home game about once every other year since then. The gameday experience appears the same as it did in 2012. Especially for the students. I mean shit, we have 8 regular season games and three playoff games every year. Doing the same thing 11 out of 15 weeks probably gets boring for the casual fan student. Probably a reason it’s mostly underclassmen going to games.

Same announcer. Same shitty songs. Same raffle in the fourth quarter. Same fireworks. Same fake noise meter.

This is a good call, and similar to Bison Basketball. Sadly at this point for a lot of people the game is not enough. There need to be other attractions. Good food vendors, alcohol, etc.

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 12:44 PM
This is a good call, and similar to Bison Basketball. Sadly at this point for a lot of people the game is not enough. There need to be other attractions. Good food vendors, alcohol, etc.

yes. flood the corners with Food Trucks, Small Breweries... how cool would that be ?

NDSU92
08-17-2021, 01:25 PM
Yep, major improvements could be made in those categories. Experience has gotten stale for most casual fans.

NDSU2006
08-17-2021, 01:29 PM
I go to a lot of different stadiums for baseball games and one of the best things is trying the unique foods at different parks. It'd be nice to have that similar option here. There seems to be more and more food trucks popping up in the area. Engage those people.

NDSUBowler
08-17-2021, 01:58 PM
I think the idea of a food truck area would be amazing.

ndsubison1
08-17-2021, 02:09 PM
Myriad of reasons. Some personal, some more broad. Needless to say I think in the coming years this program will need to move on to bigger, better things (FBS).

THEsocalledfan
08-17-2021, 02:20 PM
yes. flood the corners with Food Trucks, Small Breweries... how cool would that be ?

Chapo, you are on a roll....this is a great idea. Pat, time for a call to Matt and Mr. Lang! :) (He will always be Mr. Lang to me after that amazing 3rd down conversion in the little apple.....)

SDbison
08-17-2021, 02:47 PM
Myriad of reasons. Some personal, some more broad. Needless to say I think in the coming years this program will need to move on to bigger, better things (FBS). Exactly! Too bad we dont have leadership at NDSU to make it happen.

SamsRams
08-17-2021, 03:34 PM
Exactly! Too bad we dont have leadership at NDSU to make it happen.

Interesting point, I didn’t realize every G5 school has sold out all of their tickets. Thanks for letting us know

Hammerhead
08-17-2021, 03:36 PM
Interesting point, I didn’t realize every G5 school has sold out all of their tickets. Thanks for letting us know

Maybe not for the Tuesday night MACtion games on ESPN.

totoinfl
08-17-2021, 04:01 PM
Maybe not for the Tuesday night MACtion games on ESPN.

Still tickets available for Boise St at UCF September 2.

BISONBRI53
08-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Still tickets available for Boise St at UCF September 2.

Obviously they have a leadership problem there and cant get shit done!

LikeMothers
08-17-2021, 04:44 PM

It has taken much of the joy out of a lot of things. Constant hammering from every angle.

BISONBRI53
08-17-2021, 04:51 PM
Much like Bisonville!

SamsRams
08-17-2021, 04:59 PM
Obviously they have a leadership problem there and cant get shit done!

No doubt. Horrible leadership has prevented them from getting into the SEC. which as we all know, every SEC game has been sold out every year for the last 20 years

StL Bison Fan
08-17-2021, 05:01 PM

Maybe we haven’t lost our edge. They have.
Remember the big heads? Remember having freshmen come in to learn cheers? Student engagement was big.
They do have a full time fan engagement person

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 05:24 PM
I think the idea of a food truck area would be amazing.

I like the idea. Not everyone grills

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 05:46 PM
No doubt. Horrible leadership has prevented them from getting into the SEC. which as we all know, every SEC game has been sold out every year for the last 20 years

yea nosebleeds never sell anywhere,,

it's just the overall vibe. NDSU definitely gets a shot in the arm if they'd play better competition

MankatoBison
08-17-2021, 06:00 PM

There have been literally zero deaths of covid of kids 12 and under in the united states who didnt already have sever health risks. Even if you include them, children are EXPONENTIALLY more likely to die of seasonal flu than covid. especially so when the person they could potentially contract it from is vaccinated. Thats not coming from me, thats straight from the CDC website data base.

If you are vaxed and are wearing a mask because of the "threat" to children, you are a real life science denier. Full stop. You are a moron, a dolt, an ignoramus, a buffoon. Its pathetic, and deeply deeply embarrassing that you are so uninformed.

NDSU92
08-17-2021, 06:23 PM
Go back to the kids table with your crazy COVID rant, the adults are talking over here.

It is frustrating that the gameday folks don’t do anything new anymore. A group of us used to camp out the nights before home games. Those days seem loooong gone.

It’s just stagnant. Drawing to get to record a tiktok dance with Bresciani, special seats on the sideline, anything

MankatoBison
08-17-2021, 06:35 PM
Sell Beer, get new graphics and pyro, ge the sweet LED lights for touchdowns/halftime/pregame etc. I'm all for it, 100%

But until we change whats ON the field, its just lipstick on a pig. Bottom line- there is no stronger driver of ticket sales than the competition on the field.
Its the same reason why its 350$/ticket to see the vikes play the packers and only 100$ to see the lions.

We are the college version of playing the lions every single game, until the championship where we get to play the Broncos. Except the lions have won games before so It would be more accurate to say our competition is like watching Mankato State football play Brainerd High school... Although Brainerd High school has more fans than the rest of our conference combined. Beyond that, its basically identical.

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 07:07 PM
Sell Beer, get new graphics and pyro, ge the sweet LED lights for touchdowns/halftime/pregame etc. I'm all for it, 100%

But until we change whats ON the field, its just lipstick on a pig. Bottom line- there is no stronger driver of ticket sales than the competition on the field.
Its the same reason why its 350$/ticket to see the vikes play the packers and only 100$ to see the lions.

We are the college version of playing the lions every single game, until the championship where we get to play the Broncos. Except the lions have won games before so It would be more accurate to say our competition is like watching Mankato State football play Brainerd High school... Although Brainerd High school has more fans than the rest of our conference combined. Beyond that, its basically identical.

Yeah we got blown out by SIU last year. We didn't score a TD on offense in the playoffs and lost to SDSU. But the competition sucks? We would have been sub 500 in the Mountain West last year

SDbison
08-17-2021, 07:21 PM
Interesting point, I didn’t realize every G5 school has sold out all of their tickets. Thanks for letting us know You and your moron friends jumped on the wrong point. Go back and read......I was referring to lack of visionary leadership that would make a move to FBS and restore interest in NDSU games. FCS is purgatory between D2 and FBS.

TAILG8R
08-17-2021, 07:33 PM
Yeah we got blown out by SIU last year. We didn't score a TD on offense in the playoffs and lost to SDSU. But the competition sucks? We would have been sub 500 in the Mountain West last year

Uh, Eastern Washington?

MankatoBison
08-17-2021, 08:23 PM

Wow youre right, now that you mention it, the FCS RULES! They routinely beat FBS teams on the field and for recruits, the FCS generates loads of TV revenue, Theres probably 15-20 teams that could win the title every year, packed stadiums abound- tons of national interest and attention-- How could I not have realized this before!

Thank you for opening my eyes, oh wise one! Man I'm so thankful to be in this football hotbed of a division!

Also you proved my point, It literally took our worst season in a decade, a global pandemic, completely unprecedented success at the NFL draft and starting a true freshmen QB to be one play away from beating the eventual FCS champion. The games were competitive because we got WORSE, not because the competition got better, lol are you F*cking kidding me?? get outta here with that ridiculous thought process.

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 08:31 PM
There have been literally zero deaths of covid of kids 12 and under in the united states who didnt already have sever health risks. Even if you include them, children are EXPONENTIALLY more likely to die of seasonal flu than covid. especially so when the person they could potentially contract it from is vaccinated. Thats not coming from me, thats straight from the CDC website data base.

If you are vaxed and are wearing a mask because of the "threat" to children, you are a real life science denier. Full stop. You are a moron, a dolt, an ignoramus, a buffoon. Its pathetic, and deeply deeply embarrassing that you are so uninformed.

Another breakthrough case of Facechat ignorance infecting BV. This is disinformation. The CDC does not offer public data that would support this claim.

Here is the database link. https://wonder.cdc.gov/ucd-icd10.html If you have some other links to support your claim I would like to see them.

Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to see why the above bolded claim is nonsense.*

I'll give you this much, for some reason at least you know how to correctly spell moron, unlike others around here.

* Influenza may ultimately be proven to be a more likely cause of death than Covid for this cohort when the data is all in but of course it can never be "exponentially more likely" much less "EXPONENTIALLY more likely".

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
08-17-2021, 08:55 PM
Just read somewhere that NDSU will be requiring mask wearing for all students when classes start. When do you think they will let us know they will be required for NDSU Football? I'm guessing that will steer a few people away. Will be interesting to see if they ban tailgating again just before the season starts.

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 09:22 PM
Just read somewhere that NDSU will be requiring mask wearing for all students when classes start. When do you think they will let us know they will be required for NDSU Football? I'm guessing that will steer a few people away. Will be interesting to see if they ban tailgating again just before the season starts.

not required. "recommended"

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
08-17-2021, 09:28 PM

I read they were recommended up until classes start next Monday, then they are required..

https://www.ndsu.edu/police_safety/news/detail/63323/

stevdock
08-17-2021, 09:30 PM

Shocking but wrong again.

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 09:32 PM

Shocking but wrong again.

fucking happened 15 minutes ago. relax I didn't see that!!

F NDSU admin for caving to pussy ass lib professors...

this is so dumb. 40,000 of them at Wefest last week, but yea lets mask 25 kids in a class

the kids should PROTEST

NDSU/Dome better not even try on on fargodome

70,000 at US BANK Vikings last week. 0 masks

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 09:33 PM

If they require masks at games, I will simply wear one when I walk in. Go to my seat. Then take the damn thing off. If staff tells me to put it on, I will put it on and then take it off when they leave. If they come back and kick me out, they can fuck off. I have no intention of going to game fully vaccinated with a diaper on my face for 4 hours.

Everyone I know is vaccinated. If someone doesn't want to get one, let them get covid. They probably deserve it.

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 09:34 PM

this is so dumb. 40,000 of them at Wefest last week, but yea lets mask 25 kids in a class

the kids should PROTEST

I think vaccinated kids should protest.

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 09:42 PM

the kids should PROTEST

It's likely that the NFL has better legal representation than NDSU and should they lose they can afford to pay. They might even have insurance if anyone is silly enough to underwrite that risk.

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 09:42 PM
Show up to Pysch 101 in Sudro with 200 kids on Monday.

NO ONE wear masks. WHAT THE FUCK THEY GONNA DO. ARREST EVERYONE?

ITS YOUR MONEY

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 09:46 PM

ITS YOUR MONEY

You're a real piece of work man. You should have been born a jackass... wait a minute...

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 09:51 PM

ITS YOUR MONEY

If they are vaccinated, they have a right to be pissed. That's why we got vaccinated so we don't have to wear a mask. Instead of wasting time getting everyone to mask up, maybe they should have a station set up where kids can easily get vaccinated. Seem smarter than this crap.

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 09:52 PM
sign the petition

http://chng.it/T6vrLZhVGF

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 09:55 PM
If they are vaccinated, they have a right to be pissed. That's why we got vaccinated so we don't have to wear a mask. Instead of wasting time getting everyone to mask up, maybe they should have a station set up where kids can easily get vaccinated. Seem smarter than this crap.

Not sure who this "we" is you talkin bout but I got vaccinated because a) I fucking hate being sick with anything, 2) I don't want to die yet, 3) I don't want to make anyone else sick. Masks never entered the calculus for vaccination for me. Shit, I'll wear two masks on my face and one on my ass if that's what it takes to do what I want to do.

When can I get my booster?

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 09:58 PM
Not sure who this "we" is you talkin bout but I got vaccinated because a) I fucking hate being sick with anything, 2) I don't want to die yet, 3) I don't want to make anyone else sick. Masks never entered the calculus for vaccination for me. Shit, I'll wear two masks on my face and one on my ass if that's what it takes to do what I want to do.

Capitulation always works

POV already has a poll up about Fargodome mask mandate for ndsu games. DAMMIT

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 10:03 PM

Bet the Gophers don't have this problem (although they DO have a vaccination mandate for in person classes). Oh that's right, they have a PROPER football stadium with no damn roof.

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 10:07 PM
Bet the Gophers don't have this problem (although they DO have a vaccination mandate for in person classes). Oh that's right, they have a PROPER football stadium with no damn roof.

hey we agree on that!

HerdBot

We as in my entire family. I got the vaccine because i don't want to get sick and I wanted to help end this pandemic. Now I won't get sick and if I do, my chance of hospitalization is basically zero. I'll get the booster. But if there are people out there who don't want to get vaccinated, they are the problem. Not me. You can't stop someone from being ignorant and you can't put the world on hold because of these neck beards. Let them get covid. That's almost as good as a vaccination.

BISONBRI53
If they require masks at games, I will simply wear one when I walk in. Go to my seat. Then take the damn thing off. If staff tells me to put it on, I will put it on and then take it off when they leave. If they come back and kick me out, they can fuck off. I have no intention of going to game fully vaccinated with a diaper on my face for 4 hours.

Everyone I know is vaccinated. If someone doesn't want to get one, let them get covid. They probably deserve it.

You truly are an idiot!

TAILG8R
08-17-2021, 10:08 PM

We don't have a problem ... yet

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 10:09 PM

The audience is Chris Berg so the results will be 99.9% No. .1 yes.

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 10:11 PM
sign the petition

http://chng.it/T6vrLZhVGF

Sooo, Breanna Hosman going on record displaying her colossal ignorance of the issue. Not a good look. Breanna, here's a little hint that apparently you have not yet been able to assimilate: the mask is not meant to protect you, it's to protect others FROM you. Yeah, there are other people out there to think about Breanna.

Anyway, good luck with your change shit.

#dontPissIntoTheWind

El_Chapo
08-17-2021, 10:11 PM
shady bastards gonna make us ALL RENEW tickets. then pull this bullshit after huh???

f that Bresciani

HerdBot
08-17-2021, 10:13 PM
You truly are an idiot!

Not at all. If someone willingly won't get a vaccine and then they spend all their time convincing people not to get it and then don't want masks either, I truly hope thy get covid. From the bottom of my heart. It's almost like natural selection. I'm being a little facetious but not really. Everyone is going to get covid. It's like avoiding the common cold

Gully
08-17-2021, 10:23 PM

It's a little crazy to draw many conclusions on last year's team, don't you think?

Gully
08-17-2021, 10:24 PM
Wow youre right, now that you mention it, the FCS RULES! They routinely beat FBS teams on the field and for recruits, the FCS generates loads of TV revenue, Theres probably 15-20 teams that could win the title every year, packed stadiums abound- tons of national interest and attention-- How could I not have realized this before!

Thank you for opening my eyes, oh wise one! Man I'm so thankful to be in this football hotbed of a division!

Also you proved my point, It literally took our worst season in a decade, a global pandemic, completely unprecedented success at the NFL draft and starting a true freshmen QB to be one play away from beating the eventual FCS champion. The games were competitive because we got WORSE, not because the competition got better, lol are you F*cking kidding me?? get outta here with that ridiculous thought process.

and even after all of that, they were still 1 play from making the semi-finals!

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 10:25 PM
shady bastards gonna make us ALL RENEW tickets. then pull this bullshit after huh???

f that Bresciani

So here again we have change that some folks have trouble dealing with.

Like it or not we actually are engaged in a war but with a non-human foe. We have strategies and tactics that are well known and well vetted over many decades. We also benefit from new technology that grants us a rapidly developed "smart weapon" to deploy in the fight. Some of our forces however are not willing/able to wield the new smart weapon in this battle.

Furthermore, the enemy refuses to remain static as we work through our internal issues regarding use of smart weapons.

Therefore while we would so much prefer to set a path and stick to it the battle will not afford this luxury. We must adapt and change our tactics in order to survive and fight on.

Help the war effort. Buy US Savings Bonds and for God's sake get vaccinated.

GreenfieldBison
08-17-2021, 10:27 PM
It's a little crazy to draw many conclusions on last year's team, don't you think?

Yes.

10 char

Kevin
08-17-2021, 11:19 PM
Sooo, Breanna Hosman going on record displaying her colossal ignorance of the issue. Not a good look. Breanna, here's a little hint that apparently you have not yet been able to assimilate: the mask is not meant to protect you, it's to protect others FROM you. Yeah, there are other people out there to think about Breanna.

Anyway, good luck with your change shit.

#dontPissIntoTheWind

It’s a free country bro I’ll piss where I want. Fuck the wind bro.

#assertDominance

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 12:02 AM
It’s a free country bro I’ll piss where I want. Fuck the wind bro.

#assertDominance

Ever wondered why nobody wants to be around you?

#toxicAmmoniaOdor. (psssst, that ain’t dominance. Pass it on notBro)

reformedUNDfan
08-18-2021, 01:06 AM

the kids should PROTEST

Not everyone is a tantrum having baby about masks, it isn't a big deal

AKBison
08-18-2021, 01:49 AM

Yes we know, you have posted the same thing in every thread for a year. Your vaxed, still wear a mask and don't want to be around 18,000....Again, yes we know.

No_Skill
08-18-2021, 02:54 AM
Yes we know, you have posted the same thing in every thread for a year. Your vaxed, still wear a mask and don't want to be around 18,000....Again, yes we know.

This is a thread about potential reasons for poor ticket sales, right?

scottietohottie
08-18-2021, 02:56 AM

You forgot the part about getting better seats do to all the covid deaths.

scottietohottie
08-18-2021, 02:58 AM
I'm up to like 7 discount Harley Davidsons now.

StL Bison Fan
08-18-2021, 03:50 AM

Perhaps I should ask for my money back for all the microbiology classes I took. Shame on the hospitals I worked at for putting an idiot like me on their infection control boards.
But nice name calling though…

bisonaudit
08-18-2021, 04:10 AM

Don't sell me short it’s been 18 months.

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 04:12 AM
If we want to see the tickets sales collapse. Do a dome mask mandate. This is the reason people are holding off on buying tickets. All trust was lost in the administration last year when they cut tailgating and went to 50% capacity.

There are more vaccinations than people. As of today, 61.7% of all people living in Cass County older than 12 have gotten at least 1 vaccination. It's basically gone flat for the last 2 months but nothing we can do at this point except hope they get one or stay home. Staying home will delay the inevitable

Here's an idea... how about have a vaccine tent at the Fargodome? What a novel idea. Make it easy for people to get it

tjbison
08-18-2021, 09:15 AM
If we want to see the tickets sales collapse. Do a dome mask mandate. This is the reason people are holding off on buying tickets. All trust was lost in the administration last year when they cut tailgating and went to 50% capacity.

There are more vaccinations than people. As of today, 61.7% of all people living in Cass County older than 12 have gotten at least 1 vaccination. It's basically gone flat for the last 2 months but nothing we can do at this point except hope they get one or stay home. Staying home will delay the inevitable

Here's an idea... how about have a vaccine tent at the Fargodome? What a novel idea. Make it easy for people to get it

Don't count it out, DB started full mask for fall classes, wait till people buy tickets then implement the policy. He don't care he's on his way out anyway, wouldn't put it past them

And the Vaccine tent...what good would that do? Its not like the shot is instant, anyone that wants a vaccine can get one very easy now

roadwarrior
08-18-2021, 10:29 AM
All trust was lost in the administration last year when they cut tailgating and went to 50% capacity.

This is a stupid statement. Nearly every school in the country cut tailgating last season and our 50% capacity was at the high end compared to other schools.

wagsabison
08-18-2021, 10:41 AM

That’s not what Joe told you. Get vaxxed and you don’t have to wear a mask. Now you have to get vaxxed and get a booster. Science.

wagsabison
08-18-2021, 10:42 AM
We as in my entire family. I got the vaccine because i don't want to get sick and I wanted to help end this pandemic. Now I won't get sick and if I do, my chance of hospitalization is basically zero. I'll get the booster. But if there are people out there who don't want to get vaccinated, they are the problem. Not me. You can't stop someone from being ignorant and you can't put the world on hold because of these neck beards. Let them get covid. That's almost as good as a vaccination.

Most people’s chance of getting hospitalized is basically zero. Vaccine or not.

wagsabison
08-18-2021, 10:44 AM
I'm up to like 7 discount Harley Davidsons now.

They are giving them away on Craigslist

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 12:35 PM
That’s not what Joe told you. Get vaxxed and you don’t have to wear a mask. Now you have to get vaxxed and get a booster. Science.

Yeah, completely lost on you, I get it.

Bison 4 Life
08-18-2021, 12:55 PM
Perhaps I should ask for my money back for all the microbiology classes I took. Shame on the hospitals I worked at for putting an idiot like me on their infection control boards.
But nice name calling though…

God damn, who wants to be around these weirdos anyway? I was thinking of coming back to Fargo for a game but I'll still to my outdoor plans this season.

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 01:03 PM
This is a stupid statement. Nearly every school in the country cut tailgating last season and our 50% capacity was at the high end compared to other schools.

That was kind of a dumb statement. Let me rephrase then. All faith was lost in the covid reaction to the CDC recommendations.

Gully
08-18-2021, 01:15 PM

Well it's already easy to get it. I don't think that's the issue. The issue is a significant portion of people don't want to get it. It's not a matter of convenience for them.

I agree with a lot of the other stuff you're saying. I'm vaccinated as well and it's time to start living again.

Hammerhead
08-18-2021, 01:18 PM
Using the state of North Dakota's numbers, almost 4% of confirmed cases have been hospitalized.
https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Most people’s chance of getting hospitalized is basically zero. Vaccine or not.

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Don't count it out, DB started full mask for fall classes, wait till people buy tickets then implement the policy. He don't care he's on his way out anyway, wouldn't put it past them

And the Vaccine tent...what good would that do? Its not like the shot is instant, anyone that wants a vaccine can get one very easy now

The vaccine tent my thoughts are there is about 1 month between game 1/2 and UNI which is home game 3

bisonaudit
08-18-2021, 01:24 PM

Perhapsa better question on the vaccine tent is “what would it hurt?” I’m having trouble finding a downside.

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 01:31 PM
Using the state of North Dakota's numbers, almost 4% of confirmed cases have been hospitalized.
https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

As of yesterday there are 44 people hospitalized in the entire state and 42 are non ICU.

4% is assuming there are not hundreds if not thousands who are asymptomatic so it's probably lower

MankatoBison
08-18-2021, 01:35 PM
I think vaccinated kids should protest.

All of them should protest. Mask MADATES, have shown to have literally no effect. . The odds of people 30 and under getting ill or passing away is LITERALLY less likely than the seasonal flu, according to the CDC database. After 30, its different. But treating young healthy people as though they are at serious risk of this is literally anti science. pretending that mask mandates work, is anti science. There is no correlation to the mandates, and low covid numbers- ACCORDING TO THE CDC DATABASE.

If you think Kids (30 and younger) are at risk- you are a science denier- full stop. If your standard is- they (30 and younger) must mask and vaccinate to prevent something that is less than 1/4 as deadly as the flu (to those 30 and younger), than you are anti science.

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 01:42 PM
All of them should protest. Mask MADATES, have shown to have literally no effect. . The odds of people 30 and under getting ill or passing away is LITERALLY less likely than the seasonal flu, according to the CDC database. After 30, its different. But treating young healthy people as though they are at serious risk of this is literally anti science. pretending that mask mandates work, is anti science. There is no correlation to the mandates, and low covid numbers- ACCORDING TO THE CDC DATABASE.

If you think Kids (30 and younger) are at risk- you are a science denier- full stop. If your standard is- they (30 and younger) must mask and vaccinate to prevent something that is less than 1/4 as deadly as the flu (to those 30 and younger), than you are anti science.

And 30 and younger WITH a vaccination, they have a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice in a day than being hospitalized

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 02:14 PM
And 30 and younger WITH a vaccination, they have a better chance of getting struck by lightning twice in a day than being hospitalized

Cool. Now do their probability of becoming infected with Delta or some other variant and then carrying that around asymptomatically.

Oh, and be sure and shout that your data comes from the CDC database that is not available to the public as well.

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 02:15 PM

You want to be believed? Include a link to your source. Otherwise this is just so much more Facechat Bullshit.

wagsabison
08-18-2021, 02:22 PM
You want to be believed? Include a link to your source. Otherwise this is just so much more Facechat Bullshit.

Masks started working in the spring when cases/deaths went down like every other seasonal virus. They didn’t work in the fall when cases increased because people weren’t wearing masks (that’s what we’re told). Haven’t you been paying attention?

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 02:31 PM
Masks started working in the spring when cases/deaths went down like every other seasonal virus. They didn’t work in the fall when cases increased because people weren’t wearing masks (that’s what we’re told). Haven’t you been paying attention?

Is this an attempt at supplying a supporting hyperlink? Do you understand what that is?

kab1one
08-18-2021, 03:50 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=north+dakota+vs+south+dakota+covid+graph&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS884US884&sxsrf=ALeKk02fHft00gpCw_01ZR6BKRZRWm2QGQ:162930178 2082&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=3ouns02SPd0IdM%252CvJq9IfAFK2jb1M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTHdPs22WGFZQtpfOeGiwyCHE-c-Q&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJnM-P9rryAhVRBs0KHT-aDhQQ9QF6BAgNEAE&biw=1920&bih=969#imgrc=3ouns02SPd0IdM

seems seasonal. Mask or no mask. What goes up, will come down.

wagsabison
08-18-2021, 04:14 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=north+dakota+vs+south+dakota+covid+graph&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS884US884&sxsrf=ALeKk02fHft00gpCw_01ZR6BKRZRWm2QGQ:162930178 2082&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=3ouns02SPd0IdM%252CvJq9IfAFK2jb1M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTHdPs22WGFZQtpfOeGiwyCHE-c-Q&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJnM-P9rryAhVRBs0KHT-aDhQQ9QF6BAgNEAE&biw=1920&bih=969#imgrc=3ouns02SPd0IdM

Thanks for saving me from the “link police”

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 04:28 PM

Nice effort there thanks. But I really don't care about the Dakotas per se - I am looking for the link to the so-called "CDC Database" data referred to in post #132. Can you fetch that up?

Bison Dan
08-18-2021, 04:31 PM
Nice effort there thanks. But I really don't care about the Dakotas per se - I am looking for the link to the so-called "CDC Database" data referred to in post #132. Can you fetch that up?

Why in the world would you pull all your faith in the CDC/WHO/UN when they have been wrong as much or more than right?

MankatoBison
08-18-2021, 04:33 PM

Ask me specifically which stat to show you. For real, are you seriously ignorant enough where you dont know these things? If you are, which you seem to be, I can help you out!

Which point would you like the data on? I'll help you out with a few layups:

1. Children are virtually at ZERO risk of death from covid. Peoeple under 24 (which is what college kids are) accounted for 721 total deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm#T1_down

2. Just looking at this graph: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics
You can see that although people 29 and under comprise of about 39% of the overall population (about 129 million folks) , there have only been 3,342 deaths of that group of people. which is 0.000026% of that population.
Of those REPORTED infections (about 10,380,000) - the mortality rate of those infected is 0.00032%, and you can cut that by a factor of 10 if you dont include 25-29yr olds, and cut it by another factor of 10 when you eliminate people with pre existing health conditions.

3. More than 6,600 kids between 15-29 commit suicide each year https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr69/nvsr-69-11-508.pdf I want NO people to die, but its important to keep in perspective the actual liklihood you are of dying of different causes. a child is WAY more likley to take their own life than die of covid

4. The mortality rate for kids and even adults 49 and under is VASTLY higher for the seasonal flu. The seasonal flu is literally hundreds of times more deadly (.03%) for children than Covid (.000026%) : https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2019-2020.html

5. You are more likely to be struck by lightning than have a child die of Covid https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/flash-facts-about-lightning

6. Vastly more kids die in motor vehicle accidents every year: https://www.iihs.org/topics/fatality-statistics/detail/children#age-and-sex

7. Here are the deaths per million going state by state: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/
Here are the states that have mask mandates and those who do not: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/these-are-the-states-with-mask-mandates
Do you notice anything when you compare these lists?? No correlation. Whether you had a mandate or not, had no effect on how hard your state was hit in regards to deaths per million.

Man I am just such a nut job- look at me, not believing in science. unlike you, who believes children, who have virtually no risk of Covid at all, should act as though they are almost certainly going to die from this, and completely ignore the flu, which they are significantly more likely to pass away from if they get it.

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Ask me specifically which stat to show you. For real, are you seriously ignorant enough where you dont know these things? If you are, which you seem to be, I can help you out!

Which point would you like the data on? I'll help you out

Just provide the link to the CDC database you keep crowing about. How hard is that?

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 05:21 PM
Cool. Now do their probability of becoming infected with Delta or some other variant and then carrying that around asymptomatically.

Oh, and be sure and shout that your data comes from the CDC database that is not available to the public as well.

I concede..

Deaths are point 1 but I chose hospitalizations because that's really shitty. Have a friend who is still using oxygen after a month.

According to the CDC, your chance of getting struck by lightning is 1 and 500,000
https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/lightning/victimdata.html

Chance of getting hospitalized without a vaccine in the 0-20 age category is less than 1% (it's between .6 and .9). Chance of death is .9

Age 21-29, your chance of hospitalization is low end 1% and high end 2.7%. Chance of death is also .9

Thats unvaccinated and the vaccine lowers those chances dramatically but I can't find any data on it.

So a lighting strike is statistically much less likely.

BISONBRI53
08-18-2021, 05:24 PM
I concede..

Deaths are point 1 but I chose hospitalizations because that's really shitty. Have a friend who is still using oxygen after a month.

According to the CDC, your chance of getting struck by lightning is 1 and 500,000
https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/lightning/victimdata.html

Chance of getting hospitalized without a vaccine in the 0-20 age category is less than 1% (it's between .6 and .9).

Age 21-29, your chance of hospitalization is low end 1% and high end 2.7%

Chance of death is less than 1%

Thats unvaccinated and the vaccine lowers those chances dramatically but I can't find any data on it.

So a lighting strike is statistically much less likely.

So did your friend deserve to get it? You said yesterday that people deserve to get it.

HerdBot
08-18-2021, 05:46 PM
So did your friend deserve to get it? You said yesterday that people deserve to get it.

I had an uncle who died too. The vaccine wasn't available then. Had it been available he would still be here and he was waiting to get it but wasn't old enough. My friend told me he was stupid to not get it. Of course I don't want him to die and he is slowly getting better, but it's a good lesson for others to not be stupid like him. He learned a good lesson.

MankatoBison
08-18-2021, 06:11 PM

Just provide the link to the CDC database you keep crowing about. How hard is that?

See Post #142.

You can literally just go to the CDC website and start mining data within seconds. I would have figured so in tune with "the science" would be super duper familiar about where to find this stuff. I'm mega shocked you had no idea you could do your own research instead of just reading twitter!

Bison 4 Life
08-18-2021, 06:12 PM
Well, they aren't calling it North DaCovid for nothing.

and yes, people outside your bubble are.

Rock
08-18-2021, 06:28 PM
Chance of getting hospitalized without a vaccine in the 0-20 age category is less than 1% (it's between .6 and .9). Chance of death is .9

So the chance of getting hospitalized for covid are less than chance of covid death in this group?

Rock
08-18-2021, 06:29 PM

and yes, people outside your bubble are.

Oh no! We will be a laughingstock!

Bison Loaf
08-18-2021, 06:35 PM
Oh no! We will be a laughingstock!

Yes, but only outside our bubble.

So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 06:44 PM
See Post #142.

You can literally just go to the CDC website and start mining data within seconds. I would have figured so in tune with "the science" would be super duper familiar about where to find this stuff. I'm mega shocked you had no idea you could do your own research instead of just reading twitter!

Oh believe me I went looking before I called you out. What the CDC database shows is data through 12/31/2019. Do you know why that proves you are full of shit or do I need to spell it out?

If it’s so easy why can’t you provide the link to the data you quote? I get it. You sell pillows for a living, right?

El_Chapo
08-18-2021, 06:59 PM
petition up to 1500

the young gal is w student council today.

NDSU is so dumb to cave to 50 liberal whiny professors

bisonaudit
08-18-2021, 07:34 PM
petition up to 1500

the young gal is w student council today.

NDSU is so dumb to cave to 50 liberal whiny professors

Anyone on the planet can sign that thing and they’ve mustered a whole 1500 signatures. Pathetic. Football players could forge petitions faster than that.

Rock
08-18-2021, 07:37 PM
Yes, but only outside our bubble.

So we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

“Silver-Lining Loaf”. Thats a good one for you man.

Bison Loaf
08-18-2021, 07:53 PM
“Silver-Lining Loaf”. Thats a good one for you man.

I like it!!!

I mean, except for the gnawing, debilitating fear that my media masters make me live with each and every day (well, that and the possible resurgence of disco music) ......................... I'm a true optimist at heart. :)

TAILG8R
08-18-2021, 08:15 PM
Mask mask mask vaccine vaccine vaccine my rights my rights my rights you are all stoooopid!!!

Did I do it right? I'm practicing my covid convo skills since every single thread gets turned into this trash.

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 08:21 PM
Mask mask mask vaccine vaccine vaccine my rights my rights my rights you are all stoooopid!!!

Did I do it right? I'm practicing my covid convo skills since every single thread gets turned into this trash.

Needs more feeling. You need to be “shouty”.

Good start though. Keep working on it.

LikeMothers
08-18-2021, 09:55 PM

https://y.yarn.co/5bb5a930-e233-45e8-ae61-c5415fb699a0_text.gif

td577
08-18-2021, 10:03 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat is the lefties mantra. It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what you feel. So it doesn't really matter what stats anyone provides because it all will go back to how you feel about it.

Hammerhead
08-18-2021, 11:38 PM
It’s the opposite. The left relies on data while others just “feel” that COVID isn’t a big deal, the election was stolen, illegal aliens get food stamps even though there is a mountain of evidence proving those are false.

That is the lefties mantra. It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what you feel. So it doesn't really matter what stats anyone provides because it all will go back to how you feel about it.

GreenfieldBison
08-18-2021, 11:40 PM
That is the lefties mantra. It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what you feel. So it doesn't really matter what stats anyone provides because it all will go back to how you feel about it.

Wrong. Stats actually matter. They just can’t come from Twitface obviously or the dream you had last night after the peyote buttons. No sir.

oldmantutters
08-19-2021, 01:42 AM

and yes, people outside your bubble are.You're so cool! /s

Nobody from outside"our bubble" talks about North Dakota.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SDbison
08-19-2021, 02:41 AM
Well, I talked to a friend who said among his group of people who went to Sturgis only 2 were vaccinated yet one of the vaxed is now bed-ridden with Covid!

HerdBot
08-19-2021, 06:21 AM
Well, I talked to a friend who said among his group of people who went to Sturgis only 2 were vaccinated yet one of the vaxed is now bed-ridden with Covid!

The vaccine provides roughly 80% protection so you will see vaccinated people get it. The good news it's after a Vax, its usually a few days in bed instead of a week in the hospital

Bison03
08-19-2021, 03:25 PM
Steering the thread drift back…..Lots of tickets available for the NDSU/UND game in grand forks. Guess the excitement of a conference championship* and hosting the Bison for the first time in 18 years isn’t enough to fire up their fanbase. Lets take over as much as we can!!
https://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-north-dakota-football-vs-grand-forks-north-dakota-10-02-2021/event/06005B06EB376812

BISONBRI53
08-19-2021, 03:36 PM
Steering the thread drift back…..Lots of tickets available for the NDSU/UND game in grand forks. Guess the excitement of a conference championship* and hosting the Bison for the first time in 18 years isn’t enough to fire up their fanbase. Lets take over as much as we can!!
https://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-north-dakota-football-vs-grand-forks-north-dakota-10-02-2021/event/06005B06EB376812

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Players don't want us there!!! CHAPO says so!!!!!

HerdBot
08-19-2021, 04:56 PM

I didn't even check because I assumed they were sold out. I'm in.

ndsubison1
08-19-2021, 05:44 PM

Going to game isnt as exciting, rather stay at home and watch, plus put on another good game. The opponents are boring and last years protesting antics to go along with covid overreaction has done me in.

Things may change once season gets going.

mtoutfitter
08-19-2021, 05:51 PM
Going to game isnt as exciting, rather stay at home and watch, plus put on another good game. The opponents are boring and last years protesting antics to go along with covid overreaction has done me in.

Things may change once season gets going.

Yes the protesting thing got me too but I'm back now that season is getting closer.

nodak651
08-19-2021, 06:00 PM

Tickets went on sale to the general public only 25 minutes before your post. I think the fan base is building but we aren't quite there to expect champions club members to sell out the Alerus before tickets are opened up to the public, even against NDSU, unfortunately.

56BISON73
08-19-2021, 06:13 PM
The vaccine provides roughly 80% protection so you will see vaccinated people get it. The good news it's after a Vax, its usually a few days in bed instead of a week in the hospital

You forgot that most only experience typical flu symptoms .

Green-N-Gold
08-19-2021, 06:45 PM

The vaccinate-or-else crowd needs everyone to believe that non-vaccinated people are in for it if they get covid. Get the shots or your death (or near-death) experience awaits. Not the case.

EC8CH
08-19-2021, 06:57 PM
The vaccinate-or-else crowd needs everyone to believe that non-vaccinated people are in for it if they get covid. Get the shots or your death (or near-death) experience awaits. Not the case.

Nice strawman you built there.

See Pat... that's a strawman. Purposefully stating the opposing person's argument in such a way to make it easy to beat down.

The vaccinate because that's what the public health advice is from doctors crowd believes is vaccines are available that are proven safe and effective. Their extremely small and moderate risks of side effects are more than offset by the benefits they provide against serious illness and mortality of covid-19. There are also public health benefits from broad vaccination programs that protect those unable to be effectively vaccinated due to compromised immune systems and other factors.

HerdBot
08-19-2021, 07:23 PM
You forgot that most only experience typical flu symptoms .

I'm sure some people who catch it after getting the vax feel like shit but the younger you are, the less likely you will get any symptoms.

But it sure beats pneumonia, needing oxygen after you leave the hospital, getting winded going to take a piss, possible brain damage due to low oxygen levels, and increasing your chances of a blood clot or stroke. You don't want to fuck around this shit PL. I hope you got the vax because you're not a young kid and if you didn't, I hope you don't go to the games. You will catch it like a cold. It's not if. It's when.

Green-N-Gold
08-19-2021, 07:25 PM

See Pat... that's a strawman. Purposefully stating the opposing person's argument in such a way to make it easy to beat down.

The vaccinate because that's what the public health advice is from doctors crowd believes is vaccines are available that are proven safe and effective. Their extremely small and moderate risks of side effects are more than offset by the benefits they provide against serious illness and mortality of covid-19. There are also public health benefits from broad vaccination programs that protect those unable to be effectively vaccinated due to compromised immune systems and other factors.

Thanks for your eloquent definition. I stand by my comments: fear-mongering is one the pro-vacc crowd’s/media's favorite tools.

EC8CH
08-19-2021, 07:30 PM
Thanks for your eloquent definition. I stand by my comments: fear-mongering is one the pro-vacc crowd’s/media's favorite tools.

Good for you. Maybe some out there fit your strawman but not most. Unvaccinated people aren't "in for it" if they get covid and their "death or near death doesn't await them". They are just rejecting a proven safe vaccine and placing themselves at completely unnecessary risks if they do get sick. Their excuses for making this choice typically range from ignorant to conspiratorial.

The eloquent definition was more for Pat's sake. He's hopelessly confused of what a strawman argument actually is and your example was just too perfect not to highlight.

El_Chapo
08-19-2021, 07:31 PM

hahaha NO. no one should go. i dont know anyone going. haha let them have open seats

tolnabison
08-19-2021, 07:45 PM
hahaha NO. no one should go. i dont know anyone going. haha let them have open seats
I know of at least two groups of 10+. So in your words their will close to 30 "idiots" there. I also know many other NDSU fans that are tagging along with UND friends. I don't care about spending money in forks or at UND. I don't care if their stadium is empty or full. I don't care if you have talked to players saying they don't care if people show up. Because I'd be willing to put money on it that more players care if we show up then don't. What I do care about is supporting the college team I cheer for. It's an opportunity to go to an extra game that's close to where I live. Possibly an extra tailgate with our group. All this comes after 18+ months or not being able to attend games normally.

Kevin
08-19-2021, 07:47 PM

Fuck doctors bro.

56BISON73
08-19-2021, 07:50 PM
I'm sure some people who catch it after getting the vax feel like shit but the younger you are, the less likely you will get any symptoms.

But it sure beats pneumonia, needing oxygen after you leave the hospital, getting winded going to take a piss, possible brain damage due to low oxygen levels, and increasing your chances of a blood clot or stroke. You don't want to fuck around this shit PL. I hope you got the vax because you're not a young kid and if you didn't, I hope you don't go to the games. You will catch it like a cold. It's not if. It's when.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BISONBRI53
08-19-2021, 07:53 PM
i know of at least two groups of 10+. So in your words their will close to 30 "idiots" there. I also know many other ndsu fans that are tagging along with und friends. I don't care about spending money in forks or at und. I don't care if their stadium is empty or full. I don't care if you have talked to players saying they don't care if people show up. Because i'd be willing to put money on it that more players care if we show up then don't. What i do care about is supporting the college team i cheer for. It's an opportunity to go to an extra game that's close to where i live. Possibly an extra tailgate with our group. All this comes after 18+ months or not being able to attend games normally.

perfect!!!!!!

HerdBot
08-19-2021, 07:56 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You're my favorite asshole and Bisonville would suck not having your asshole opinions.

El_Chapo
08-19-2021, 07:58 PM
I know of at least two groups of 10+. So in your words their will close to 30 "idiots" there. I also know many other NDSU fans that are tagging along with UND friends. I don't care about spending money in forks or at UND. I don't care if their stadium is empty or full. I don't care if you have talked to players saying they don't care if people show up. Because I'd be willing to put money on it that more players care if we show up then don't. What I do care about is supporting the college team I cheer for. It's an opportunity to go to an extra game that's close to where I live. Possibly an extra tailgate with our group. All this comes after 18+ months or not being able to attend games normally.

#HOOPLE-D2
bet you all are SOOO happy to relive the 1993's!!

FBS games, Frisco, Target Field/US Bank at UNI at SDSU those are the BisoNation travelling games

BISONBRI53
08-19-2021, 08:40 PM
#HOOPLE-D2

FBS games, Frisco, Target Field/US Bank at UNI at SDSU those are the BisoNation travelling games

So those of us who go up there are not part of BisonNation. Got it. Thanks!

56BISON73
08-19-2021, 10:15 PM
You're my favorite asshole and Bisonville would suck not having your asshole opinions.

:bow::howdy::D

KSBisonFan
08-19-2021, 11:33 PM
#HOOPLE-D2

You should quit while you're behind.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
08-20-2021, 01:39 AM

If Bison fans don’t buy them I’m sure UND fans will buy them at the last minute.

Also god forbid we have any road playoff games, are those off limits for Bison Nation too?

ByeSonBusiness
08-20-2021, 04:51 AM
Since I know Chipo loves hearing Bison sighting news..

I went to watch the Twins play at Yankee stadium today. I rocked a Bison hat since I dont got a Twins hat these days. Had a few yuppies come up and ask about C-Dubs and Mr. Lance. One mentioned the Fargodome and how he'd like to see it sometime.

Ran into a JMU gal and she said she had enjoyed the games and really enjoyed going down to Texas even though they took an L.

El_Chapo
08-20-2021, 05:24 AM
how are ndsus ticket sales going ?

wheres the beer PRES???